Subject: Limit connections?

From: Jorgen Pehrson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:38:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
looking through the mail list archives I found someone asking the same
question I've got about wuftpd. 

http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/1999/Apr/0013.html

Is there some new functionality in wuftpd which lets me limit the number
of simultaneous connections from one IP? The advice to set the timeout to
a shorter time than default doesn't really help when the users willfully
connects 30 times and steals all the bandwidth... Although it do help a
bit against the IE users.

If not yet, is this a feature that is on the todo list of wuftpd?

Thanks.

-- 
Jörgen Pehrson  [email-masked]  http://spektr.eu.org/~jp/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Bill Gates and Richard Stallman Meet in Airport; Thousands
Killed in Resulting Explosion. News at 11."

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:43:09 -0400

> If not yet, is this a feature that is on the todo list of wuftpd?

Not yet.

Yes.

If the user is common from a known IP, you could create a special class for
that user's IP (or IP block) and limit the class.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195