Subject: Anonymous users can't use subdirectories

From: "Daniel Bissetsmith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:29:55 -0500

We are running two ftpd deamons, one for internal users and one for internet
users. The internal users can drop files, which are then accessible to
internet users, but not internal users. The internet users can drop files
which are accessible to internal users, but not internet users. (i.e. the
transfer is only one way for each user type).

The internal users can put and get files, but if they create a subdir, they
can't cd to it or drop files in it. When I look at the server, the directory
permissions of the subdirectory are set for internet users, instead of local
users.

ftp-access seems to be set to allow creation of subdirs and to drop files in
subdirs.

Suggestions?

Dan Bissetsmith
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:04:21 -0400

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 02:29:55PM -0500, Daniel Bissetsmith wrote:

> We are running two ftpd deamons, one for internal users and one for
> internet users. The internal users can drop files, which are then
> accessible to internet users, but not internal users. The internet users
> can drop files which are accessible to internal users, but not internet
> users. (i.e. the transfer is only one way for each user type).
> 
> The internal users can put and get files, but if they create a subdir,
> they can't cd to it or drop files in it. When I look at the server, the
> directory permissions of the subdirectory are set for internet users,
> instead of local users.
> 
> ftp-access seems to be set to allow creation of subdirs and to drop files
> in subdirs.

If you're not running 2.5.0, upgrade to it.  Read the new manpage for
ftpaccess and read the upload.configuration.HOWTO.  BTW, I don't see any
partcilar reason for running two different servers for the problem you've
outlined.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195