Subject: Problems with home directories for guest users

From: James McMahon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:31:04 +1000

Dear all,

I have the following relevant entries in my ftpaccess file:

guestroot /data01
guestgroup guest

/data01/etc/password contains:

guest:x:10000:1001:Guest User:/guest:

/etc/passwd contains:

guest:x:10000:1001:Guest User:/data01/guest

/etc/group contains:

guest::1001:guest

My question is .... When I log in as guess I get chrooted to /data01 and my
initial directory is / (the chrooted /).  What I want is for my initial
directory to be /guest (chrooted), and if possible, restricted that
directory and it's subdirs.

Could anyone point out what changes I should make?

I assume that I will need to make use of the restricted gid command in
order to accomplish this, but am having no luck on my attempts so far.

Thanks in advance,

James

-- 
**************************************************************************
*     James McMahon                  *     When all else fails ...       *
*     Secure Gateway Environment     *     Read the destructions.        *
*     [email-masked]          *             -- (unknown)          *
**************************************************************************

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:21:01 -0400

> Could anyone point out what changes I should make?

restricted-gid guest

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195