Subject: Umask for directories

From: "Daniel Bissetsmith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:07:28 -0400

In the current version of wu-ftp the umask of the directories is set as a
default to the mask of the user who has access the server. We have need for
the directory permissions to be different. The ftpaccess man page says that
this is possible using the <d_word>. 

Okay, I gather that this must be something done during the compile. I wish
is was in the ftpaccess file. What do I change and in what file during the
compile to do this?

Dan Bissetsmith

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:25:32 -0400

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 11:07:28AM -0400, Daniel Bissetsmith wrote:

> default to the mask of the user who has access the server. We have need
> for the directory permissions to be different. The ftpaccess man page
> says that this is possible using the <d_word>. 
> 
> Okay, I gather that this must be something done during the compile. I
> wish is was in the ftpaccess file. What do I change and in what file
> during the compile to do this?

The source files.  Try using the 2.5.0 version, and grab the patches while
you're at it.

The _read_ the upload.configuration.HOWTO.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195