Subject: Update Re: wu-ftpd 2.5.0 and SunOS 4.1.3

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

Gregory  Lundberg was helpfull in better defining my problem. Basicly, what
happens is that for two successive DIR commands, the first returns the
actually current directory, but the second returns /bin (or wherever ls is
located).

This he says he recalls as bing a bug in SunOS, which there is a patch to
fix. Unfortunately, he can't recall which patch.  I installed the latest
libc patch last night, and it hasn't helped.

Is there someone out there who went through this that can tell me which
patch I need ?

Thank you very much in advance !

-Chris

==========================================================
Chris Candreva  -- [email-masked] -- (914) 967-7816
WestNet Internet Services of Westchester
http://www.westnet.com/

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:33:02 -0400

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 12:02:56PM -0400, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> Gregory  Lundberg was helpfull in better defining my problem. Basicly,
> what happens is that for two successive DIR commands, the first returns
> the actually current directory, but the second returns /bin (or wherever
> ls is located).
> 

It was me, secure shell'd into another user's box, debugging the problem on
SunOS with the getcwd() and getwd() functions for a VR upgrade.  The patch
from my work is merged into 2.5.0.

What I did was put in syslog debugging statements for the cwd the daemon
thought was current, and what the OS returned.  I did that before and after
the calls to the external 'ls' function (via popen.c) and littered a few
other paces throughout the daemon.  By walking them arround, I was able to
find which getcwd() function was causing the true working directory to be
changed.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:22:00 -0400 (EDT)

> from my work is merged into 2.5.0.

OK - from our e-mail yesterday, it sounded like you were talking about
the actual updates to Sunos from Sun --as in an OS problem.

IS this actually merged into the production 2.5.0 out there now, or the
development 2.6 ?

-Chris

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:53:32 -0400

> IS this actually merged into the production 2.5.0 out there now, or the

In 2.5.0; 2.6.0 changes it a bit to use the protable getcwd() function.
Actually, ecept for you and the site I was debugging, I've not heard of
this problem; which makes me think it's SunOS version -specific and there
may be some obscure vendor patch for it.

--