Subject: WU-FTP - chroot setup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:18:22 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to configure wu-ftp in a chrooted environment. I am able to do it for
anonymous and guest user. How can I do the same for an existing real user?
Please advise.

Regards,
Naveen Malhotra

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:35:52 -0400

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 09:18:22AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm trying to configure wu-ftp in a chrooted environment. I am able to do
> it for anonymous and guest user. How can I do the same for an existing
> real user?  Please advise.

The only difference between real and guest is the chroot .. make the real
users guests.  In fact, you should make ALL non-anonymous users guests:

  guestuser *

Some people like to leave one or two non-anonymous users a real.  I
recommend against this.

  realuser ftpadmin

You can also use guestgroup/realgroup but you need to remember the users
MUST be explicitly listed in /etc/groups for these to take effect.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195