Subject: RE: Umask for directories

From: "Daniel Bissetsmith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:53:15 -0500

Okay, I've read the howto ... and it says to use the defumask to define
rights not disallowed in the upload section. Pretty much everything we can
think of is defined, except directory creation. I added a 'defumask 000
testgroup' to my ftpaccess. When I log on to the system using a ftp client,
it creates the directories with the access d---r-x--- rights. So the
directory is created, but no one else can use the directory. 

Basically, a user needs to create a directory for a client, who then can ftp
to the site, with a different class definition, and can change to the
directory and get the files. What am I missing here?

Dan

> > In the current version of wu-ftp the umask of the directories is set as
> a
> > default to the mask of the user who has access the server. We have need
> > for the directory permissions to be different. The ftpaccess man page
> > says that this is possible using the <d_word>. 
> > 
> > Okay, I gather that this must be something done during the compile. I
> > wish is was in the ftpaccess file. What do I change and in what file
> > during the compile to do this?
> 
> The source files.  Try using the 2.5.0 version, and grab the patches while
> you're at it.
> 
> The _read_ the upload.configuration.HOWTO.
> 
>

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:21:53 -0400

defumask only applies when there is no upload clause.  (thought the Howto
said that .. doesn't it?)

Looks like you have an upload with a directory mode parameter of 050
specified.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195