Subject: Running wu-ftpd on multiple IP addresses

From: Jeff Huber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:39:21 -0700

How can I run wu-ftpd on several IP address of a machine? I have a machine
that has five IPs on it, and I'ld like the daemon to run on only four of
those.

By reading the FAQ and the man pages I can not figure out how to do this. By
default wu-ftpd runs on all addresses of a machine; I see that I can use the
daemonaddress ftpaccesses parameter to set the daemon to run on only one
address. Neither of these settings work for me.

Any help would be much appreciated..

-- 
----------------------------------------------
|  Jeff Huber  | Web Applications Developer  |
| [email-masked]  |   AM.net - http://am.net    |
----------------------------------------------

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:02:53 -0400

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 06:39:21PM -0700, Jeff Huber wrote:

> How can I run wu-ftpd on several IP address of a machine? I have a
> machine that has five IPs on it, and I'ld like the daemon to run on only
> four of those.
> 
> By reading the FAQ and the man pages I can not figure out how to do this.
> By default wu-ftpd runs on all addresses of a machine; I see that I can
> use the daemonaddress ftpaccesses parameter to set the daemon to run on
> only one address. Neither of these settings work for me.

In a word: xinetd.

The daemonaddress parameter is there to tell the _standalone_mode_ daemon
to use ONE address.  I put it in because I needed it for a specific
configuration.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195