Subject: xferlog

From: "Look, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:11:38 -0700

I would like to know what is the setting that will cause the xferlog to
report a full path filename or a relative path filename
Both of the following accounts are in /home.
But one of them show the full path name /home/joel/testfile.zip and the
other one show a relative path name /angie/test.zip
Fri Aug 27 13:57:39 1999 1 10.1.174.50 937542 /home/joel/testfile.zip b
_ i r joel ftp 0 *
Fri Aug 27 13:57:41 1999 2 10.1.174.50 619280 /angie/test.zip b _ i r
angie ftp 0 *   

Any help will be appreciate.  Thanks!

=================================================================
Joseph Look
Merix Corporation                Tel: 503.992.4396
1521 Poplar Lane                Fax: 503.359.1624
Forest Grove, OR 97116     Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:24:40 -0400

> Fri Aug 27 13:57:41 1999 2 10.1.174.50 619280 /angie/test.zip b _ i r

Start by upgading to 2.5.0 (at least, ISTM 2.5.0 will ONLY log the full
pathname).

There may be a compile-time soption in 2.5.0 to change this behavior back
to the old way, but I don't remember if I thought it important enough to
let anyone configure it back to the old, broken and confusing method.

I know I can cause something like you're seeing if the first line is from a
normally-nstalled server and the second is from on which was running
chroot'd prior to executing the daemon (or used the  chroot command-line
swithc).  Both of which are such rare cases, I'm probably confusing things
by even mentioning them. :P

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195