Subject: Chroot ftpusers

From: "Durham, Kenneth J" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:24:56 -0700

I have upgraded my wu-ftpd to 2.5.  Now that i have done that my ftpusers
are not chrooted to there dir.  I havent change anything in the passwd file
or in the group file.  i still have the users dir as
/ftp/usr/username/./webdocs/:/ftp/only.  Does this still work in 2.5?  Or do
i need to add something else to get this working.  I went through all the
help files and I still get the same thing ive already gotten.  Can someone
help me out?  Thanks for your time

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:46:52 -0400

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 09:24:56AM -0700, Durham, Kenneth J wrote:

> are not chrooted to there dir.  I havent change anything in the passwd
> file or in the group file.  i still have the users dir as
> /ftp/usr/username/./webdocs/:/ftp/only.  Does this still work in 2.5?  Or
> do i need to add something else to get this working.  I went through all
> the help files and I still get the same thing ive already gotten.  Can
> someone help me out?  Thanks for your time

Check that the daemon is looking at your ftpaccess file: -a option on
command line, ckconfig command to check file is there and readable.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:40:34 -0400 (EDT)

Ken,

Change your password file to be /ftp/usr/username/webdocs/./:/ftp/only

I've found that this configurations seems to work better with regard for
change-roots.

Also, make the corresponding changes in your ftpaccess file - since you
will now be chrooted at the webdocs livel.

ted keller - bfg.com