Subject: Upload and chroot'd users

From: TTSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:01:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	Wondering if upload will work with chrooted users.  It seems
to imply its for the anonymous ftp only. I'm basically trying to say
that all chrooted users can't create directories.

In /etc/passwd:

fred:x:111:111:Fred:/usr/ftp/./usr/fred:/usr/bin/false

In /etc/ftpaccess

upload /usr/ftp /usr/fred yes fred other 0600 nodirs

			Thanks, Tuc/TTSG

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:13:51 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 11:01:53AM -0400, TTSG wrote:

> Wondering if upload will work with chrooted users.  It seems to imply its
> for the anonymous ftp only. I'm basically trying to say that all chrooted
> users can't create directories.

1) Yes, it works fine.

2) Dude, you are a Development Group member.  If the manpage is unclear,
   clarify it and commit that change for 2.6.0 :P

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: TTSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:24:28 -0400 (EDT)

> > users can't create directories.
	Then given the example of:

in the /etc/passwd

	What is the proper syntax for the upload line?

			or

upload /usr/ftp/usr/fred * yes fred other 0600 nodirs

			or?????

					Tuc/TTSG

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:17:53 -0400

> upload /usr/ftp/usr/fred * yes fred other 0600 nodirs

The last one should work, but this might be better:

upload /usr/ftp/usr/fred /usr/fred yes fred other 0600 nodirs

--