Subject: Wierd time problem

From: Bill Delphenich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:43:28 -0400

All at once yesterday, some files that have been uploaded to our FTP
site are showing a date that is exactly one year wrong (1998) when
viewed from Netscape.  It happens on both M$-based Netscape and Linux
Netscape as well. However if I go to the server and type "date" at the
command prompt, the date is correct. Also, if I look at the directory
using the "Home Directory" icon in KDE the date is correct.

What's going on here?

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:16:39 -0400

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 09:43:28AM -0400, Bill Delphenich wrote:

> All at once yesterday, some files that have been uploaded to our FTP site
> are showing a date that is exactly one year wrong (1998) when viewed from
> Netscape.  It happens on both M$-based Netscape and Linux Netscape as
> well. However if I go to the server and type "date" at the command
> prompt, the date is correct. Also, if I look at the directory using the
> "Home Directory" icon in KDE the date is correct.
> 
> What's going on here?

Sounds like a bug in the client.  Do away with all clients, use the
telnet.testing.HOWTO to see how to by-hand see what the daemon is sending
in responce to NLST -al .. compare that to what you see on the screen.  If
not the same, then there you go.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195