Subject: Upgrading wu-ftp on Caldera?

From: Bill Delphenich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:14:17 -0400

I am running wu-ftp on a Caldera v1.3 Linux server. I'd like to keep as
current as possible on wu-ftp but it takes a while for Caldera to
generate their new RPM's. Can I use the Red Hat RPM's on the ftp site to
upgrade my Caldera? If not, what are my other choices? I am a total
newbie when it comes to compiling source.

Thanks.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:29:45 -0400

> newbie when it comes to compiling source.

I'm given to understand Caldera uses standard Redhat RPMs.  So the RPM
should install.  The only question is if Caldera changes any of the file
locations from the defaults Redha uses; you'll not know unless you
look/try.

The other way to upgrade would be to grab the current release, unpack it,
apply the quick fix patches for that version, and build the daemon
yourself.  IMHO someone who wishes to be as current as possible would
choose this method since it does not rely upon any third parties; just you
and the prinicple maintainers.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195