Subject: wu-ftp tools don't work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:35:47 +0000

Hello,

now wu-ftp 2.5.0 is configured and works, I tried to use the tools.
But

ftpwho and ftpcount display nothing allthough there is a loggedin user:
  [email-masked]: ./ftpwho
  [email-masked]: ./ftpcount
  [email-masked]: ps -ef | grep ftpd | grep -v grep
  ftp 33450  6708   0 15:53:49      -  0:00 ftpd: zam107.zam.kfa-juelich.de: \
                                                          anonymous/u1@: IDLE
ftpshut doesn't find the file allthough there is a record in ftpaccess:
  [email-masked]: ./ftpshut 1 1 +2 FTP Ende
  No shutdown file defined in ftpaccess file.
and ftpaccess has a record:
  shutdown /etc/ftp_shutdown.msg

Whats going wrong with the tools? They compiled without error on AIX 4.3.2.

Greetings

-- 
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ulrike Schmidt

+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Ulrike Schmidt                                                       |
| Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik                           |
| Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH                                       |
| D-52425 Juelich                                                      |
|                                           Phone: +49 02461 61-6577   |
| Email: [email-masked]            Fax:   +49 02461 61-6656   |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:16:15 -0400

> Whats going wrong with the tools? They compiled without error on AIX 4.3.2.

Don't know but I'd guess the version of the tool does not match the version
of the daemon, so they're looking at the wrong ftpaccess file (at least
ftpshut is).  I'd also take a look at the compile, make sure it was using
the right compiler, and options.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Dave Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:24:53 -0500

remove