Subject: Re: Wu-ftpd

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:33:30 -0400

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 01:45:24PM -0500, Michael Warchut wrote:

> cc: Error: extensions.c, line 296: #error wu-ftpd on this platform has > security deficiencies!!!
> #error  wu-ftpd on this platform has security deficiencies!!!

This means you're trying to build on a platform without a working getcwd()
function.  This is covered in the ERRATA.  Since release, it has been shown
that the portable getcwd() function works for SunOS 4.1 (s41) as well.

You can either:

 - decide to live dangerously, edit extensions.c to disable the check, and
   build the daemon using getwd() instead.

or

 - take a look at the NeXTstep 3 (nx3) configuration and do the same thing
   for you target system.  If you do this, please let us know by emailing
   [email-masked] telling us what you had to change to get it
   to work.

or

 - upgrade to a modern Unix system

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195