Subject: How to use pkgadd with wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar

From: Uwe Bolte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:16:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I try to install wu-ftpd-2.5.0 on Solaris 2.5.

First I use 
  pkgadd -d WUFtpd250.wu-ftpd-2.5.0.SPARC.ULTRASparc.2.5.1.2.5.pkg.tar
pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
    - bad format in datastream table-of-contents

Then I unpack the tar file with 
  tar xvf WUFtpd250...pkg.tar.
After I tried several pkgadd options, nothing worked.

What make I wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Greetings,

Uwe	[email-masked]

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:42:13 +0200

> After I tried several pkgadd options, nothing worked.

Unpack the tar into an empty directory which will then have a subdirectory
named WUFtpd250

Do not enter this directory, but type 'pkgadd -d .', you will get
something like:

# pkgadd -d .

The following packages are available:
  1  WUFtpd250     wu-ftpd 2.5.0 SPARC/ULTRAsparc 2.5.1 - 2.5
                   (sun4c,sun4d,sun4e,sun4m,sun4u,sun4u1) 2.5.0

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: 

pkgadd can be a bit hairy.
                                         Koos

-- 
 Koos van den Hout                    Expertisecentrum Cetis http://cetis.nl/
 [email-masked] (Work)                     Workphonenumber: +31-30-2586287
 [email-masked] (Home)                   Workfaxnumber: +31-30-2586290
 http://web.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/  PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers