Subject: Log Analysis Tools for Wu-FTP?

From: Alan Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:21:59 -0700

Does anyone know of good log analysis tools for FTP logs?  I have seen plenty 
for web logs, but next to nothing for ftp.

I would prefer open source, but I am willing to buy something in neccisary.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:47:12 -0400

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 02:21:59AM -0700, Alan Olsen wrote:

> Does anyone know of good log analysis tools for FTP logs?  I have seen
> plenty for web logs, but next to nothing for ftp.
> 

ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/support/xferstats-2.07.tar.gz

is an excellent replacement for the xferstats which comes with the daemon.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: "Joe R. Jah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:47:12 -0400
> From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
> To: Alan Olsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: WU-FTPD Discussion List <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Log Analysis Tools for Wu-FTP?
> 

It is an excellent replacement for the xferstats which comes with the
daemon, but it is not the latest version of the product.  The latest
version that I know of, xferstats-2.13.tar.gz, came out last February. 
The URL http://sod.res.cmu.edu/xferstats, but I have not been able to
connect to it ever again.  Unfortunately I have removed the original
archive and I have made changes to my source, so I can not put for
download.  I'd be interested to know if there are newer versions
available.

Joe

     _/   _/_/_/       _/            ____________    __o
     _/   _/   _/      _/       ______________     _-\<,_
 _/  _/   _/_/_/   _/  _/                   ......(_)/ (_)
  _/_/ oe _/   _/.  _/_/ ah       [email-masked]