Subject: french character upload

From: jamie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:36:46 -0400

Has anyone had experience with adding to the filter:

path-filter  guest      /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^- 

basically one of my french users wants to be able to upload an accent
aigue on the e.
( chimpanz\351e )

ver: BeroFTPD 1.3.3

James

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:55:02 -0400

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 02:36:46PM -0400, jamie wrote:

> aigue on the e.  ( chimpanz\351e )
> 
> ver: BeroFTPD 1.3.3

If the regular expresion library allows escaped character, you might try
adding what you need to the list of allowed characters in the basename.
Otherwise you might try using a French editor, and insterting the 8-bit
code you want to allow.

For example, to allow the character @ in a filename, I'd say:
    path-filter guest /etc/pathmsg ^[-A-Za-x0-9_\.@]*$ ^/. ^-

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195