Subject: Authentication

From: Mauricio Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:51:40

Hi all!!

I have Red Hat Linux 6.0 and WUFTPD 2.5.0 patched. When any user tries to
connect to the server, it rejects the username and password. This happens
with both real and guest users, even anonymous are rejected with this
error. What could be the problem? I have tried with and without shadow
passwords. I have a guestgroup and a realgroup in ftpaccess. 

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Mauricio

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:57:58 -0400

> passwords. I have a guestgroup and a realgroup in ftpaccess. 

check your setup, read the FAQ.

be sure you start the daemon with -a -l -i -o and add
  log security real,guest,anonymous
to your ftpaccess file.

be sure your syslog sends all messages _somewhere_

the cause for the failure will be in your system log.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195