Subject: virtual via tcpd or inetd

From: Paonia Ezrine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:56:03 -0400 (EDT)

I seem to remember a version of the virtual howto that include a way to
get inetd or tcpd to invoke different wu.ftpd's. Can someone tell me how
to do this. (I am not doing this for wu-ftpd just remember seeing it in
the docs).
thanks
paonia

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:32:02 -0400

> to do this. (I am not doing this for wu-ftpd just remember seeing it in

Simple: replace inetd with xinetd

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Andrew Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 00:18:43 +0100

>to do this. (I am not doing this for wu-ftpd just remember seeing it in

The inetd that comes with FreeBSD has this capability if you have
multiple IP addresses.  This may be rolled into other BSD ports as well.
Read the man pages, and check for the -a option.

There are also inetd replacements, like xinetd, and perhaps rinetd.  I
cannot vouch for their usefullness though.  You are on your own.

Andrew