Subject: wuftpd2.5.0 denying access...???

From: Wal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:36:25 +1000 (EST)

hello all,

ive compiled and installed wuftd 2.5.0 on a redhat system
running kernel 2.2.5-15.
However it;d not allowing normal users access. Anonymous ftp works
though. ftpaccess is set correctly etc..
Ive compiled and installed this software on 2 other linux machines
and it works perfect..

In the new server, we have tcpwrappers installed but as far as i 
can tell, thats working correclty as well..also, we're using shadowed
passwords though its a relatively newlinux system so i think we dont
need to change the code etc as defined in the FAQ...

Ive tried the 2.4.2 rpm and that works correctly on that machine.
so i am really baffled by this..
I dont know what else to  try.

if someone has had similar troubles and/or has any hints for me to try
it would be greatly appreciated

wal

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:38:21 -0400

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 03:36:25PM +1000, Wal wrote:

> Ive tried the 2.4.2 rpm and that works correctly on that machine.  so i
> am really baffled by this..  I dont know what else to  try.

Try the 2.5.0 RPM.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195