Subject: RE: Non-Anonymous Setup Problems

From: "Shimek, Kirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:09:34 -0500

> I've followed the setup instructions from Glenn Fleishman's "Setting up
> wuftpd for Non- Anonymous Accounts".  I have the following configuration;

I heard about that page yesterday, it's a good pedestrian howto, but is out
of date and has some technical inaccuracies (especially for non-Linux
users).

> Say what?  Do you mean the upload.configuration.HOWTO?

YES - to the upload.configuration.HOWTO?

>What is the exact text of the error .. wait a minute, I just posted this
>same thing for someone else.  Go back a message and read my response.

>From a DOS prompt it is the "530 login incorrect / login failed"
>From the I.E.4 browser "Internet Explorer cannot open Internet site ftp://
149.223.100.101/abc/.  The login request was denied"

Again I'm on AIX 4.3.2,  2.5.0 wu-ftpd  and yes at the DOS prompt attempt
the Banner does read "220 ftp FTP server <Version wu-2.5.0(1) Ready" so
the ftp server is the wu-ftp server.

BTW - I laughed so hard from your first comment back to me. . . THANKS
you broke up my day - really needed that.

Kirk Shimek