Subject: users root dir

From: "Durham, Kenneth J" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:25:22 -0700

I have been trying to get my wu ftp to keep users in the home dir.  but i
cant seem to get it right.  ive been looking for the documentation but it
seems all the links are dead.  can someone please help me out.  thank you
for your time

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:11:04 -0400

> seems all the links are dead.  can someone please help me out.  thank you

What do you mean 'all the links are dead'?

What you want is to upgrade to 2.5.0; make everyone a guest, chroot'd to a
common point (all my users are in /home/users so that's where I chroot them
to); then use restricted-uid to restrict all users to their homes.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195