Subject: Symlinks in anon FTP

From: hUnTeR <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:34:43 -0400

I wish to create a sym link to another disk within anonFTP. The actual
directory site on a second disk /dev/sdb1 mounted as /home2 and the
directory is /home2/ftp/pub/linux/RDF where all the metadata files for
the linux RDF sit. what i wanted to do was have a symlink under
/home/ftp/pub/linux for RDF which would take users to that particular
disk and directory. Is this possible with v2.5.0? I keep getting the
error when i try to cwd in ftp about no such file or directory even tho
i can see the link.

Regards,
-- 
Michael B. Weiner
Systems Administrator/Partner
The UserFriendly Network (UFN)
--

             / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
            / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  
           /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ 

     * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:10:15 -0400

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 01:34:43PM -0400, hUnTeR wrote:

> error when i try to cwd in ftp about no such file or directory even tho i
> can see the link.

Mount sdb1 somewhere inside /home/ftp .. I'd do it as a read-only mount and
keep the original as the read-write mount.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195