Subject: anonymous upload works with wu-ftpd-2.4.2 not with wu-ftpd-2.5.0

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:12:47 -0400 (EDT)

I have gone over the "upload.configuration.HOWTO" numerous times and tried
every possible configuration I could think of with no success. Out of
frustration I went back to the "wu-ftpd-2.4.2" release and had no problems
making anonymous uploads work. Using the solaris ftp client, both "put" and
"mkdir" fail with the "wu-ftpd-2.5.0" release. I have tried this with
Solaris-2.5 and Solaris-2.6 wu-ftpd built binaries, with no options.

If anyone has anonymous upload working with "wu-ftpd-2.5.0", could they send
me their ftpaccess file, please.

Thanks,
Randall

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:37:32 -0400

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 10:12:47AM -0400, Randall S. Winchester wrote:

> I have gone over the "upload.configuration.HOWTO" numerous times and
> tried every possible configuration I could think of with no success. Out
> of frustration I went back to the "wu-ftpd-2.4.2" release and had no
> problems making anonymous uploads work. Using the solaris ftp client,
> both "put" and "mkdir" fail with the "wu-ftpd-2.5.0" release. I have
> tried this with Solaris-2.5 and Solaris-2.6 wu-ftpd built binaries, with
> no options.
> 
> If anyone has anonymous upload working with "wu-ftpd-2.5.0", could they
> send me their ftpaccess file, please.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195