Subject: Can't build data connection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:48:34 +0200

Hello all !!!

     I'm just new to this, so excuse me for my faults in advance.
     I'm running Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18] on AIX 4.2.1, I've got
the same configuration files which ran on BETA 15 just fine.
     When making a connection, I can login but when trying x-transfering or
just make an ls, I get the next error:

     500 Illegal PORT Command
     500 Can't build data connection: no PORT specified

     I think it's a compilation problem, but I've been once and again over
the compilation and see everything OK, has anybody the same problem or
someone similar ???

     Thanks a lot

Juan Alberto Agudo Huertas.

Jagudo.
---------------------------------------------

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:44:54 -0400

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 08:48:34AM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

>      I'm just new to this, so excuse me for my faults in advance.  I'm
>      running Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18] on AIX 4.2.1, I've got the
>      same configuration files which ran on BETA 15 just fine.  When
>      making a connection, I can login but when trying x-transfering or
>      I think it's a compilation problem, but I've been once and again
>      over the compilation and see everything OK, has anybody the same
>      problem or someone similar ???

Probably a badly configured proxy/firewall.  The PORT must tell the daemon
to connect to the same IP address as the control connection was on.

Also, you need to upgrade to 2.5.0 for critical security reasons.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195