Subject: Re[2]: Standard ls problem???

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:57:39 -0500

As Jim pointed out I did leave out (at least) one piece of info.  
     ldd on ~ftp/bin/ls shows it needs libc.so.1 and libdl.so.1.  For grins 
     I copied the files mentioned below to ~ftp/usr/lib and got the same 
     results as previously noted.
     
     jcs

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: Standard ls problem??? 
Author:  Jim Davis <[email-masked]> at Internet-Mail
Date:    7/30/99 11:27 AM

Try running ldd on your ftp tree's /bin/ls.  On my 2.5.1 system I show 
/usr/lib/libw.so and /usr/lib/libintl.so too, which aren't on the list you 
posted.  Of course that might not be the same stuff you'll need on Solaris 
7, but I'd check anyway.

---

From: Jim Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:47:47 -0700 (MST)

Well, ENXIO is a good old-fashioned "no such device" error, so if you've
cleared up the shared library stuff the likely problem is the location of
/dev/zero in your chroot'ed ftp tree.

One other possibility is mounting the filesystem containing your ftp
/dev/zero with the 'nosuid' option.  That somewhat-unintuitively prevents
device files from working.

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:16:38 CDT

> device files from working.

Also, in your original email you listed /dev/zero, but not ~ftp/dev/zero.
Check that the copy under the FTP root is set up identically to /dev/zero
(same major/minor numbers, world writeable, etc...)

Good luck !

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Whatever"