Subject: RE: disable anonymous access for virtual

From: Robin Bowes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:08:00 +0100

>
> Dunno what ftphosts has to do with it.  Never bother with the
> file myself. I don't care which host a user comes from just so the   
correct
> password is given.

OK.  I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the hosts file.

>
> > virtual ftp.domain.com private
>
> I like IP numbers instead, but yes .. that's what you want to
> add.  Note you can do the same thing to the default server ...

I can't use IP numbers since the domains are virtual, ie running on the   
same server with a single IP address.

>
> I'm assuming you have the vhost all set up and working and
> just want to add this feature.

Yes, I've taken over admin of a web-hosting service.

>  Otherwise, you'd best start by reading the FAQ and
> Kent's vhost document at the Resource Center.

I will check that out anyway.

Many thanks,

R.
 --
Robin Bowes, System Development Manager, Equal Opportunities Commission,
Room 405A, Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 838 8321  Fax: +44 (0) 161 835 1657

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:59:18 -0400 (EDT)

> same server with a single IP address.

FTP (the protocol, not just WU-FTPD the daemon) won't work like this.  You
will need to assign an IP number for each virtual FTP host.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195