Subject: Newbie: Problem with reload of ftpaccess

From: gc_team28 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:38:11 +0200

Hi,

i've got a problem with my ftpaccess file. wu-ftp seems not to reload it.
about 1 week ago i added a guestgroup to ftpaccess and evrything worked
perfectly. now i added a second group and wu-ftp just don't reload 
ftpaccess (for example: i disabled the first guestgroup (#) and nothing
changed..

can i reload the ftpaccess file manualy?
must i restart wu-ftp? how do i restart it (kill -HUP Pid)?
how can i find out, which ftpaccess-file wu-ftp uses, without having
the installation source-code (a week ago it was /usr/local/etc :-) )?

some information:

i use wu-ftp 2.5 with solaris 2.6

CU

Andre

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:21:43 -0400

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 06:38:11PM +0200, gc_team28 wrote:

> can i reload the ftpaccess file manualy?  must i restart wu-ftp? how do i
> restart it (kill -HUP Pid)?  how can i find out, which ftpaccess-file
> wu-ftp uses, without having the installation source-code (a week ago it
> was /usr/local/etc :-) )?

Kill the daemon and restart it.  It won't reload the ftpaccess file at all
in 2.5.0.  I'l working on a rewrite of the ftpaccess file handling which
will automatically reload the ftpaccess file when it changes, but it won't
be ready for the next release (2.6.0).

There are two ways to determine the ftpaccess filename without reading the
(unreadable) source.

 - run ckconfig.  it will tell you

 - strings the binary.  grep for ftpaccess.  this is what I do, it's always
   correct

$ strings ftpd | grep ftpaccess
FTP server started without ftpaccess file
/etc/ftpaccess
Too many args (>%d) in ftpaccess: %s %s %s %s %s ...
ERROR ftpaccess port entry<%s> too large
ERROR ftpaccess port entry<%s> invalid
ERROR ftpaccess passive entry <%s> to large
ERROR ftpaccess vector entry<%s> to large
ERROR ftpaccess vector entry<%s> invalid

   There it is, on the second line.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              WU-FTPD Development Group
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195