Subject: guestgroup

From: Anibal Tello <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:10:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi folsk,
I reconfigure my wu-ftpd (guestgroup), but when I connect (by cuteftp)
they dont see nothing, but in MSDOS(ftp) mode I see my files. There is
a problem with the ls in guest access.
Bye

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:47:58 CDT

> a problem with the ls in guest access.

You need to have a copy of the ls binary and appropriate libraries under
the chrooted home for your guestgroup.

For more details, please read the FAQ and guest howto documents, both
available at Kent Landfield's WU-FTPD Resource Center :
   http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/   (follow the "Related Documents" link)
or individually available at :
   FAQ - http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
   guest HOWTO - http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.html

Good luck !

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Coder, adapt.  FTP Ada, redo C"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 06:57:08 -0400 (EDT)

> a problem with the ls in guest access.

Once is enough.  Twice .. well maybe.  But you're asking the same question
over and over again.

You have asked.

You have been answered.

Kindly stop trying to find new ways to ask the same question; the answer
will remain the same:

  Your FTP server is not completely set up.  You are missing parts of
  programs.  Instructions for correcting the problem are in the FAQ.  
  Read the bloomin' thing and do what it says.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195