Subject: wu-ftpd-2.5.0/src/pathnames.h

From: Chris LOS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:53:53 -0400

I'm in the processing of upgrading from wu-2.4 to 2.5.0 and would like
to know how to properly customize the file "pathnames.h". Is there a
help file somewhere which explains how I decide which section applies to
my installation? This file is somwhat different from the current version
I have for wu-2.4.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Los
Computing Services Department, 
Trent University 	
Peterborough, Ontario
Phone:  705-748-1121 ext-1588 		E-mail: [email-masked]  
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Chris LOS wrote:

> help file somewhere which explains how I decide which section applies
> to my installation? This file is somwhat different from the current
> version I have for wu-2.4.

The pathnames attempts to guess the correct locations for your OS .. well
actually, is uses the selection from your src/config/config.<os> file ..
so the best thing to do it select the location in the config.<os> and only
hack pathnames.h is you must.  If you do hack pathnames.h it's probably
best to scrog all the #if crap and just #define the stuff you need.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Nikos Mouat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

it would be cool if we get a configure script to have it check to see if
wu-ftpd is currently installed, and then look at the binary and get the
current locations out of there during the configure step.

nm