Subject: Behind a firewall

From: Gilmore Patrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:58:47 +0100

Hi,

I've installed Wu-ftpd on my webserver runing RH Linux 5.2 Kernel 2.2.9
and it works just fine if your not behind a FireWall....

Is there a way to workround this problem ???

the error i encounter is : 500 can't build data connection: no PORT
specified

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:13:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Gilmore Patrick wrote:

> I've installed Wu-ftpd on my webserver runing RH Linux 5.2 Kernel
> 2.2.9 and it works just fine if your not behind a FireWall....
> 

1) Which version of the daemon are you running?  Version 2.5.0 has the
features needed to operate behid firewalls.

2) The problem you're reporting does not appear to be a firewall problem.
It's a client problem.  Most likely when you say 'firewall' you mean a
proxy.  I'd sugest contacting the proxy vendor and determining why it does
not speak FTP properly.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195