Subject: Errors

From: Antonio Ferri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 09:18:24 +0400

Hi,

I have installed FTP server (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15](1) and I
have the error message: 

        May 31 09:50:45 ftp01 ftpd[21763]: Autogroup: Set Group msmirror
not found

Could you tell me, the corrective acction for solve this problem....

Thanks....

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Antonio Ferri wrote:

> May 31 09:50:45 ftp01 ftpd[21763]: Autogroup: Set Group msmirror not found
> 

First, update to version 2.5.0 .. the version you are running is very old
and has a number of critical security problems.

Your specific error is corrected by creating the Unix group 'msmirror' in
your /etc/group file.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195