Subject: Re: Information request on running wu-ftpd on dgux system

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:48:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Doug Veldhuisen wrote:

> Sorry, I am new to the list as of today, been reading the faq and also
> trying to get to the mail list archive
> http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive but have not been able
> to get any reponse from that server. So I will just ask my question.

The WU-FTPD Resource Center is down for a day or so for maintenance.

> I am trying to get wu-ftpd to compile on my DG/UX Intel system today
> with no success. This system is running dg/ux R4.20MU02.  Can some
> kind person please point me to a location that has the info to compile
> on my system, or has this never been attempted with dg/ux ?

As far as I know, nobody has done DG/UX yet.

What I'd do is look through the existing files, maybe trying each, to see
if any produces a working daemon.  If none do, try to choose one which is
closest to your needs.

The main files you want to look at are:

   makefiles/Makefile.<OS-name>
   src/config/config.<OS-name>
   src/makefiles/Makefile.<OS-name>
   support/makefiles/Makefile.<OS-name>

If you've lived a good life, thinking only pure thoughts, these are the
only files you'll need to change.  If not, you'll end up hacking the
source files and everyone of us who works on them send you our sympathy.

You will need to choose a new <OS-name> for DG/UX and edit the INSTALL and
build files to include this name in the documentation.

When you get it all working, create a context-diff (diff -c) of your
changed files, include copies of your new files, tar and compress (gzip
preferred but compress is OK) and upload the lot to
ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/incoming then email [email-masked]
letting us know your upload is there.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Doug Veldhuisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:59:10 -0500

Sorry, I am new to the list as of today, been reading the faq and
also trying to get to the mail list archive http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive
but have not been able to get any reponse from that server.
So I will just ask my question.

I am trying to get wu-ftpd to compile on my DG/UX Intel system today with
no success. This system is running dg/ux R4.20MU02.  Can some kind person
please point me to a location that has the info to compile on my system, or
has this never been attempted with dg/ux ?

My thanks in advance
Doug