Subject: upgrading Version wu-2.4(1) to 2.5.0 on DEC Unix C2

From: Chris LOS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:09:22 -0400

I am planning to upgrade our ftpd from  wu-2.4(1) to 2.5.0. Our system
is currently running DEC Unix 4.0x with C2 security and I'm just
wondering if I can use the pre-compiled "binary" distibution
"wu-ftpd-2.5.0-OSF1alpha-V4.0.tar.gz" with C2 security? Or do I need to
compile/make everything from the general distribution 
(wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z) ? I believe when I originally installed wu-2.4(1)
there were some code tweaks required for C2 because of the special
encryption it uses.

TIA.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Los
Computing Services Department, 
Trent University 	
Peterborough, Ontario
Phone:  705-748-1121 ext-1588 		E-mail: [email-masked]  
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:22:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Chris LOS wrote:

> "wu-ftpd-2.5.0-OSF1alpha-V4.0.tar.gz" with C2 security? Or do I need
> to compile/make everything from the general distribution
> (wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z) ? I believe when I originally installed
> wu-2.4(1) there were some code tweaks required for C2 because of the
> special encryption it uses.

I'll let the man who built the DEC binary speak to which flavor he
provided (meaning: I don't feel like digging through my email to see if he
ever told me).

If nothing else, try it.  If it has problems, it's not C2.  Grab the souce
kit and edit the src/makefiles/Makefile.du4 and src/config/config.du4 as
noted in those files.  Be sure to do `./build clean` before you do
`./build du4`

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Kazuyoshi Komine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:53:37 +0900

From: Chris LOS <[email-masked]>
Subject: upgrading Version wu-2.4(1) to 2.5.0 on DEC Unix C2

> "wu-ftpd-2.5.0-OSF1alpha-V4.0.tar.gz" with C2 security? 

No. I'm a builder of wu-ftpd-2.5.0-OSF1alpha-V4.0.tar.gz.
I'm building a binary distribution without C2 security.

> Or do I need to
> (wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z) ? 

Yes. 

-------------------------------------------
Kazuyoshi Komine <[email-masked]>
Information Science Research Center
Meisei University, JAPAN