Subject: regarding GREETING parameters.

From: "Danny N." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:03:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi guys,

Does any one know about the GREETING parameters in ftpaccess for WU-FTPD?
I'm currently using Wu-FTP-2.5.0

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:59:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Danny N. wrote:

> Does any one know about the GREETING parameters in ftpaccess for
> WU-FTPD? I'm currently using Wu-FTP-2.5.0

Sayeth `man ftpaccess`:

       greeting full|brief|terse
       greeting text <message>
            Allows you to control how much information is given out before
            the remote user logs in.  'greeting full' is the default and
            shows the hostname and daemon version.  'greeting brief' whose
            shows the hostname.  'greeting terse' simply says "FTP server
            ready."  Although full is the default, brief is recommended.

            The 'text' form allows you to specify any greeting message you
            desire.  <message> can be any string; whitespace (spaces and
            tabs) is converted to a single space.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195