Subject: Time

From: Mauricio Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:06:17 -0500

Hi all!

I'm using WU-FTP 2.4.2 on Linux Red Hat 5.2. 

When any of my clients upload a file to the server, it appears with a
different hour compared with the one in the server. This difference can be
percieved only in the users ftp clients, I have the right hour in the files
uploaded in the system.

Where might be the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Mauricio

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:19:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Mauricio Herrera wrote:

> different hour compared with the one in the server. This difference
> can be percieved only in the users ftp clients, I have the right hour
> in the files uploaded in the system.

Timezone is wrong for the FTP server.

Check that the TZ environment variable is set properly before executing
the daemon.  Depending on how you're set up, you make need to dupllicate
the /etc/localtime and /usr/lib/zoneinfo structures into your chroot'd
(anonymous and guestgroup) areas.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195