Subject: Definition of variables in pathnames.h

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:47:11 +0000

Hello all,

I'm new in wu-ftp and want to know who defines these variables that
are checked in pathnames.h respectively which variables belong to
which plattform (AIX, Sun,...), so that I can define the location of
my configuration files, logging files, ...

In special who sets USE_ETC, USE_VAR, USE_LOG, ...

I compiled wu-ftp 2.5.0 on AIX 4.3 with delivered config.aix and see within the
syslog that always /usr/local/... is taken which is not a good idea on our
system.

Thanks for any help

-- 
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ulrike Schmidt

+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Ulrike Schmidt                                                       |
| Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik                           |
| Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH                                       |
| D-52425 Juelich                                                      |
|                                           Phone: +49 02461 61-6577   |
| Email: [email-masked]            Fax:   +49 02461 61-6656   |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:43:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> I compiled wu-ftp 2.5.0 on AIX 4.3 with delivered config.aix and see
> within the syslog that always /usr/local/... is taken which is not a
> good idea on our system.

src/config/config.aix is the place to set these.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195