Subject: RE: disable anonymous access for virtual

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:57:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Robin Bowes wrote:

> >From what I can see, I need to add each virtual domain to
> /etc/ftphosts and then use entries in /etc/ftpaccess to control
> anonymous access, eg:

Dunno what ftphosts has to do with it.  Never bother with the file myself.
I don't care which host a user comes from just so the correct password is
given.

> virtual ftp.domain.com private

I like IP numbers instead, but yes .. that's what you want to add.  Note
you can do the same thing to the default server ...

I'm assuming you have the vhost all set up and working and just want to
add this feature.  Otherwise, you'd best start by reading the FAQ and
Kent's vhost document at the Resource Center.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Robin Bowes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:53:00 +0100

> After upgrading, read the manpage 'virtual private' section.

OK.

Downloaded, and installed (well, actually, I've installed on a different   
host already so I'm reading the man page on there!)

>From what I can see, I need to add each virtual domain to /etc/ftphosts   
and then use entries in /etc/ftpaccess to control anonymous access, eg:

Am I on the right track?

R.
 --
Robin Bowes, System Development Manager, Equal Opportunities Commission,
Room 405A, Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 838 8321  Fax: +44 (0) 161 835 1657