Subject: disable anonymous access for virtual dom

From: Robin Bowes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:04:00 +0100

Hi,

I've got wu-ftpd (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](1) Mon Jan 18 19:19:31   
EST 1999) running on a host that hosts several virtual domains (ie just   
one IP address).

I'd like to be able disable anonymous access for specific domains, but   
not for others.  Is this possible?  If so, how? :o)

(I can upgrade to the latest version (2.50) if necessary, and probably   
will anyway...)

Thanks,

R.
 --
Robin Bowes, System Development Manager, Equal Opportunities Commission,
Room 405A, Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 838 8321  Fax: +44 (0) 161 835 1657

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Robin Bowes wrote:

> I've got wu-ftpd (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](1) Mon Jan 18
> 19:19:31 EST 1999) running on a host that hosts several virtual
> domains (ie just one IP address).

The version you are running is old and has sever security problems.  You
should upgrade immediately to the current version (2.5.0).

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

> (I can upgrade to the latest version (2.50) if necessary, and probably

Ignoring the fact anyone who wants it can gain root access on your server,
you need to upgrade to 2.5.0 to do what you want.  After upgrading, read
the manpage 'virtual private' section.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195