Subject: AIX 4.3.x Binary

From: "Shimek, Kirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:18:35 -0500

Hello All,  Completely new to internet ftp'ing.  First posting so please
forgive any wrongs that I may commit . . . not intentional.

Would like to setup an AIX 4.3.2 ftp site.  I've read through different
wu-ftp site(s) FAQ's etc. . .  Is there any site that has the binary
compiled object and not just source - for downloading.

I'm running into compilation errors with gcc and thought I'd ask the
easy question first versus getting into debug and sending error msgs
across this list.  Thanks for any and all information.

Kirk Shimek Systems Engineer / UNIX Prog.
Lucas Body Systems
507-457-3750 ext.8241

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:31:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Shimek, Kirk wrote:

> Hello All, Completely new to internet ftp'ing.  First posting so
> please forgive any wrongs that I may commit . . . not intentional.
> 
> Would like to setup an AIX 4.3.2 ftp site.  I've read through
> different wu-ftp site(s) FAQ's etc. . .  Is there any site that has
> the binary compiled object and not just source - for downloading.
> 

Noone in the development group built an AIX binary for the current
version.  If they had it would be in the FTP site and mirrors.

You should not be seeing any compile errors using the default (cc)
compiler.  Switching to gcc shouldn't be too hard but you'll probably have
problems with compiler options and, maybe, headers.  Try the default build
(using cc) and if that doesn't work, send of the gcc errors and I'll peer
at 'em.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195