Subject: Problems on BSDI 4.0

From: Alan Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:11:16 -0700

This problem is driving me MAD!

I would check the list archives, but all of the systems in the FAQ are not 
responding.

I have a BSDI 4.0 system on a machine outside the firewall.  I need to have a 
directory to recieve uploads. I do not want the users to be able to create 
directories in this directory.

I have been using 2.4.2beta18.  It will allow uploads into the directory and 
the creation of directories. Files uploaded have permissions of 644, no matter 
what the upload directive says in /etc/ftpaccess.

2.5.0 will not allow uploads into the same directory.  All uploads (no matter 
what the upload directive says or file permissions) are met with " Permission 
denied on server. (Upload)".

bin/ckconfig claims it is using the /etc/ftpaccess file.  config.h claims that 
the upload directive is understood.  I get the same behaviour when I use the 
prebuilt binaries from ftp.wu-ftpd.org.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?  I am under alot of heat on 
this.  We have been hit by warez kiddies twice now.  I do not to have to deal 
with it on a byweekly basis.

Thanks!

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:48:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Alan Olsen wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:11:16 -0700
> From: Alan Olsen <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Problems on BSDI 4.0
> 

Did you read through the upload.configuration.HOWTO?

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Alan Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:27:01 -0700

> with it on a byweekly basis.

Also, I forgot to say that the same /etc/ftpaccess and version works correctly under Linux.