Subject: WUFTP security product vs. Keon product (Security Dynamics)

From: Magdalena Hewryk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:02:56 -0400

Hello,

We are running ACE/Server (Security Dynamic product) which keeps our system
secure.  However WUFTP is not working with this product.

Today we had discussion on Keon product (another enhancement to our system's
security from Security Dynamics)and we are wondering how WUFTP can work with
this product.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
...Magda

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Magdalena Hewryk wrote:

> We are running ACE/Server (Security Dynamic product) which keeps our
> system secure.  However WUFTP is not working with this product.
> 
> Today we had discussion on Keon product (another enhancement to our
> system's security from Security Dynamics)and we are wondering how
> WUFTP can work with this product.

No idea what Keon is, or ACE/Server.  What do you mean when you say "WUFTP
is not working"?

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:39:06 +0200

Quoting Gregory A Lundberg who wrote on Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 01:13:57PM -0400:

> No idea what Keon is, or ACE/Server.

ACE/Server is a product with cards that show a changing number, and the
user has to log in with username + password+number on card.

wu-ftpd has to be linked against the libraries of this product in order to
enable this functionality. It's probably yet another way of checking
passwords.

It takes a wu-ftpd developer with access to the development kit for either
packages or at least the libraries to be able to make wu-ftpd support it.

                                       Koos van den Hout

-- 
 Koos van den Hout                    Expertisecentrum Cetis http://cetis.nl/
 [email-masked] (Work)                     Workphonenumber: +31-30-2586287
 [email-masked] (Home)                   Workfaxnumber: +31-30-2586290
 http://web.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/  PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:59:41 -0400 (EDT)

And we know the folk at SD are using WU-FTPD as their base for their FTP
server since they're having problems with Umich's AIX box doing large
files.

I'd suggest the proper forum then would be to as SD when they'll have
their 2.5.0-based server out.

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:39:06 +0200
> From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
> To: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Magdalena Hewryk <[email-masked]>,
    [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: WUFTP security product vs. Keon product (Security Dynamics)
> 

--

---

From: TTSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

> their 2.5.0-based server out.
	If anyone needs a tester, I own a SecurID card.

			Tuc/TTSG