Subject: Files created by autogroup'd user have default group, not autogroup

From: "Douglas C. MacKenzie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:01:16 -0400

I have a question about the autogroup command.

I seem to have autogroup set up correctly.

It sets the group fine for reading and writing files.

However, when the user uploads a new file it

is created with their default group name instead

of the active autogroup name.

Is this a feature or a bug?

I've upgraded to version Version wu-2.5.0(1) running

on RedHat Linux 5.2 and it performs the same as 2.4.2 did.

Doug

--
Douglas C. MacKenzie, Ph.D.
Mobile Intelligence Corporation
7963 Pine Hollow, Alto, Michigan  49302-9724
mailto:[email-masked]    http://www.mobile-intelligence.com

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:26:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Douglas C. MacKenzie wrote:

> I have a question about the autogroup command. I seem to have
> autogroup set up correctly. It sets the group fine for reading and
> writing files. However, when the user uploads a new file it is created
> with their default group name instead of the active autogroup name.
> 
> I've upgraded to version Version wu-2.5.0(1) running on RedHat Linux
> 5.2 and it performs the same as 2.4.2 did.

autogroup only works for anonymous users (or so I think from reading the
man page .. never use it myself).

Use the upload clause to control the ownership of uploaded files.  You
should always use upload to control anonymous uploads.  Read the
upload.configuration.HOWTO for information you'll need.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195