Subject: difference between "wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z" & "wu-ftpd-current.tar.Z"

From: Chris LOS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 15:54:00 -0400

Can someome tell me the difference, if any, between these two download
files? "wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z" & "wu-ftpd-current.tar.Z"  

Is "wu-ftpd-current.tar.Z" the base version of 2.5.0 with additional
patches.  I would just like to know which one is recommended for someone
trying to upgrade from wu-2.4(1)?

TIA
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Los
Computing Services Department, 
Trent University 	
Peterborough, Ontario
Phone:  705-748-1121 ext-1588 		E-mail: [email-masked]  
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:28:52 +0200

> files? "wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z" & "wu-ftpd-current.tar.Z"  

-r--r--r--   1 wuftpd   wuftpd     413677 May 21 16:19 wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z
lrwxrwxrwx   1 wuftpd   wuftpd         19 May 22 03:48
wu-ftpd-current.tar.Z -> wu-ftpd-2.5.0.tar.Z

"current" is a symlink to "2.5.0" to signify that that is the current
version.

                                              Koos

-- 
 Koos van den Hout                    Expertisecentrum Cetis http://cetis.nl/
 [email-masked] (Work)                     Workphonenumber: +31-30-2586287
 [email-masked] (Home)                   Workfaxnumber: +31-30-2586290
 http://web.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/  PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:41:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Chris LOS wrote:

> patches.  I would just like to know which one is recommended for
> someone trying to upgrade from wu-2.4(1)?

Sure.  -current is a symlink to whatever the current version is.  The idea
is to make it so URLs and automated fetchers don't have to figure it out.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195