Subject: ftpwho on Redhat 6.0

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

Since the release of Redhat 6.0, there have been a number of questions
concerning the ftpwho command.

Appearently, Redhat has changed (once again) the command syntax of the ps
command.

Yesterday, Redhat released news RPMs for 4.2, 5.2 and 6.0 (these RPMs are
at the wu-ftpd.org FTP site and will be propogating to the mirrors over
the next few days).

For those already running 2.5.0 on Redhat 6.0, the only change you need is
the correction for the ftpwho command.  If you are *NOT* running Redhat
6.0, you do *NOT* need this patch.

I was originally going to release this patch into the wu-ftpd.org
quickfixes area as well, but since there is no good way right now to
determine the Redhat version when comiling the daemon, I'm holding off on
that.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

-- 

--- wu-ftpd-2.5.0/src/ftpcount.c.ftpwho Mon Jun  7 18:42:09 1999
+++ wu-ftpd-2.5.0/src/ftpcount.c        Mon Jun  7 18:43:19 1999
@@ -275,7 +275,7 @@
 #elif defined(sun)
                     sprintf(line,"/usr/ucb/ps auxww %d",buf[which]);
 #else
-#if defined (LINUX)
+#if defined (LINUX_BUT_NOT_REDHAT_6_0)
                     sprintf(line,"/bin/ps axwww %d",buf[which]);
 #else
                     sprintf(line,"/bin/ps -f -p %d",buf[which]);