Subject: Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20)

From: "Pat Hardy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:59:32 -0400

Hello,

I'm currently running BETA-13 of the WU-FTPD server. I just started 
receiving an error I can't seem to find a solution for. The error message 
is:

	425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Can anyone tell me what this means and hoe can I fix this problem? I 
happens every time I try to do an 'ls' in a directory.

Thanks

----------------
Pat Hardy - Web Developer
Market Guide, Inc (NASDAQ: MARG)          I haven't lost my mind;
Lake Success, Long Island, NY 11042-1011  it's backed up on tape
http://www.marketguide.com                somewhere.
Telephone: 516 327 2400 x228

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:07:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Pat Hardy wrote:

> receiving an error I can't seem to find a solution for. The error
> message is:
> 

Two points:

Beta-13 is extremely old, has several severe security problems, and you
should upgrade as soon as possible.

The location of the latest versions of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

The specific question you're asking is a FAQ.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195