Subject: Using Guestgroup in FTPaccess file..

From: Ray Texter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:06:53 -0500

Does anyone have Examples for using guestgroup command in wu-ftp v17.  I've
created a user, when I ftp in with this account Wu-ftp will not chroot to
the users home dir.  I also have a group call ftpadmins which ftpuser belong
to . The ftpaccess file looks like this
passwd:
ftpuser:X:test user:/home/./ftpuser/:/bin/false

CLASS	 DSG	 REAL	*.DSG.COM

guestgroup  ftpadmins

I thought this would chroot the user to /home then CD them to there home
directory. This is not working for me.

Thanks Ray

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

> directory. This is not working for me.

'ftpuser' must be a member of 'ftpadmins' .. explicitly listed in
/etc/group (membership by default in /etc/passwd doesn't count)

the chroot and cd occurs, but if you're using a web browser you won't see
the cd since the first thing the browsers do is 'CWD /'

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195