Subject: problem compiling wu-ftpd 2.4.2 vr17 on sgi

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:56:30 -0700

Hi:

	I tried to compiled wu-ftpd 2.4.2 VR17 on SGI IRIX 6.2 and got errors:

proteus:/p12/src/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-vr17) ./build CC=gcc sgi
[...]
        gcc -L../support -o ftpd ftpd.o ftpcmd.o glob.o logwtmp.o popen.o
vers.o access.o extensions.o  realpath.o acl.o private.o authenticate.o
conversions.o hostacc.o  sigfix.o routevector.o restrict.o  -lsupport
ld32: WARNING 126: The archive ../support/libsupport.a defines no global
symbols. Ignoring.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "getusershell" -- 1st referenced by
ftpd.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "endusershell" -- 1st referenced by
ftpd.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "snprintf" -- 1st referenced by ftpd.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "vsnprintf" -- 1st referenced by ftpd.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "strcasestr" -- 1st referenced by
access.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "strsep" -- 1st referenced by private.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "auth_fd" -- 1st referenced by
authenticate.o.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "auth_tcpuser" -- 1st referenced by
authenticate.o.
ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

	How should I fix this?

	By the way, will the SGI build (documentation says it is for SGI Irix
4.0.5a work for IRIX 6.2?

Mona

Mona

-- 
==================================================================
Mona Wong
graphics / visualization programmer wanna-be & web fool-arounder
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://www-ncmir.ucsd.edu
==================================================================

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

Mona,

getusershell and endusershell are in the support directory directory of
the wu-ftpd distribution.  Make sure your Makefile adds the -L../support
line and includes the -lsupport library.

Hope this helps.

ted keller