Subject: [WU-FTP]

From: Pierre Treille <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:24:16 +0200

Hello Gurus,

I just install the wu-ftp 2.4.2 , and I got now a problem with the
anonymous user : as I login anonymous with ftp, I can not get the
listing of all the directory ( like pub ) : the command is successfull
but I see anything ...

    Any Idea ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pierre.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

> listing of all the directory ( like pub ) : the command is successfull

Your answer is in the FAQ

The location of the latest versions of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Pierre Treille <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:05:38 +0200

Thanks to
       [email-masked],
       [email-masked]

    The answer is that wu_ftp is looking for ls in the ~ftp/bin/ls, but in
my distribution ls is in the ~ftp/usr/bin/ !
A simple link ln -s ~ftp/usr/bin/ ~ftp/bin solve the problem ... But the
way wu_ftp is showing that it do not find the command is not really clear
, in the first time I suspected a security problem in the ftpaccess file.

    Thanks again,
    Pierre.

--
_______________________________________________________________________
Pierre TREILLE    -    IT France - Production Services
mailto:[email-masked]
phone:(+33) 04 76 14 49 51