Subject: "Cannot set guest privileges" after ftp login ... ?

From: "Phil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:58:42 +0100

Folks

I've compiled and installed wu-ftp v 2.4.2 successfully (on Solaris v2.6)
and can connect to it perfectly using regular user accounts. However I get
"Cannot set guest privileges" when I try one of the guest users I have
created. I've been through the guest howto document and all seems OK.

Has anyone come across this before?

All pointers appreciated

tia
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:35:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Phil wrote:

> I've compiled and installed wu-ftp v 2.4.2 successfully (on Solaris
> v2.6) and can connect to it perfectly using regular user accounts.
> However I get "Cannot set guest privileges" when I try one of the
> guest users I have created. I've been through the guest howto document
> and all seems OK.

The error message in the system log will probably help a lot.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195