Subject: Upload clauses...

From: ejohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:47:25 -0400

The documentation on upload clauses found in the ftpaccess manpage and
the upload-config.howto seem to talk about how anonymous and guest
accounts can upload to specified user-owned directories.

What I am trying to find out is if I have user ``bob'' with a home
directory of /usr/home/bob and a public_html directory under that, how
do I set it so that bob can upload to ~ and have one umask and upload to
public_html with another umask.

Can it be done?  The docs are vague on real user info.

Thanks a lot.

Ed

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:06:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, ejohns wrote:

> do I set it so that bob can upload to ~ and have one umask and upload
> to public_html with another umask.
> 

Do yourself a favor and make 'bob' a guest.  You shouldn't allow any
real-user access at all (or, only allow it for the single ftp admin: you).

Upload clauses apply to real users.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195