Subject: wu-ftpd banner

From: Jim Gallagher <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Apr 99 08:41:55 MST

Is there a way to change the login banner message, other than recompiling?

____________________________________________________________________
Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:09:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there a way to change the login banner message, other than

In VR17 you can use the following:

  greeting full
  greeting brief
  greeting terse

Where

  full --- full version information including ftpcmd.y changes (the
           parenthetical number you've always wondered about) and the date
           and time ftpcmd.y was last processed into ftpcmd.c (no, that's
           not the date and time you compiled, how odd).

  brief -- shows just the server name.  Ie:
           220 ftp.wu-ftpd.org FTP server ready.

  terse -- just the fact the server is up.
           220 FTP server ready.

Any other forms, or on non-VR versions, and you'll need to hack the
source.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195