Subject: Need help on setting up ftp-server

From: Rakesh Khandelwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to setup an ftp server. When I login as anonymous I can list all the 
directories and files under the ftp home. Is there any way I can restrict the 
users to list these directories/files but they should be able to do cd(change 
directory) if they know the name of the directory. 

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rakesh

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Rakesh Khandelwal wrote:

> I am trying to setup an ftp server. When I login as anonymous I can
> list all the directories and files under the ftp home. Is there any
> way I can restrict the users to list these directories/files but they
> should be able to do cd(change directory) if they know the name of the
> directory.

World-read permissions on a directory control whether anonymous FTP users
can list its contenxt.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195