Subject: Authentication questions..

From: Hitesh Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 18:00:38 +0000

Is there any way in wu-ftpd to authenticate a user over an alternative
authentication scheme... like radius.  We have a situation where a
customer needs to run a single authentication database and still allow
there users ftp access to upload there personal web pages.  Any ideas?

-- 
|---------------------------------|----------------------------|
| Hitesh Patel			  |  Voice: (541) 759-3126     |
| Facilities Development Manager  |  Fax:   (541) 759-3214     |
| Preferred Systems		  |  Email: [email-masked]  |
|---------------------------------|----------------------------|

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:04:50 -0500 (EST)

> there users ftp access to upload there personal web pages.  Any ideas?

Install Linux.  Install LinuxPAM.  Download VR17, install it.  Install a
PAM module for your favorite auth method.  Ta Da!

No Linux?  No way unless you wanna be a code warrior.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 01:01:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:

> > authentication scheme...

There is a way if you're running FreeBSD or something very similar -
Install FreeBSD >= 3.1, Download BeroFTPD 1.3.4, install it.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.