Subject: can't see the the files and directorys in the ~ftp/pub directory

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:50:52 +0200

dear wu-ftpd-users

i've installed wu-ftpd (2.4.2) on a suse-linux (2.0.36). My /u/www/ftp
directory
has the following structure:

u/www/ftp/bin/ls
/u/www/ftp/etc/group
/u/www//ftp/etc/passwd
/u/www/ftp/pub/                      

When i login as anonymous-ftp-user i can connect to the
/u/www/ftp-directory but i can't see the files and directorys stored there.

to make sure that i do not have any permission problems i set all files and
directorys open. the user ftp is in the passwd
file and points to /u/www/ftp. There seems to be a problem with the
'ls'-command. I'm able to (blind)-download the files in the ~ftp/pub.
what did i wrong ???? (any cofiguration files ???)

thanx alot for your help

hubert

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:06:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with the 'ls'-command.

FAQ

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Paul Baughman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:32:29 -0400

Hubert,

Most likely you're using a statically linked ls without the proper
libraries.  This has happened to me on my RH Linux boxes.  Check out: 
ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.html

---

From: Paul Baughman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:36:26 -0400

Hubert,
 
Most likely you're using a statically linked ls without the proper
libraries.  This has happened to me on my RH Linux boxes.  Check out:
ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.html specifically number 4. 

Paul Baughman
System Administrator
SRT Enterprises