Subject: RE: Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20)

From: Magdalena Hewryk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:21:07 -0400

Hi Pat, 
I am running the same version and just decided to upgrade it to VR-17.
VR-13 is an old one and has the security problem anyway.

here is the link (I've got it from Gael Martinez):
ftp://ftp.grolier.fr/pub/unix/ftp/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-vr17.tar.gz

I've got the following error on VR-13:
"Can't create data socket (142.148.10.35,20): Address already in   use - 
after upgrade from Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.6" 

Thanks,
...Magda

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Hardy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 1999 10:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20)

Hello,

I'm currently running BETA-13 of the WU-FTPD server. I just started 
receiving an error I can't seem to find a solution for. The error message 
is:

	425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Can anyone tell me what this means and hoe can I fix this problem? I 
happens every time I try to do an 'ls' in a directory.

Thanks

----------------
Pat Hardy - Web Developer
Market Guide, Inc (NASDAQ: MARG)          I haven't lost my mind;
Lake Success, Long Island, NY 11042-1011  it's backed up on tape
http://www.marketguide.com                somewhere.
Telephone: 516 327 2400 x228