Subject: Differing umask by location.

From: ejohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 13:34:33 -0400

I've looked through much of the on-line documentation and the man pages
and am still wondering if there is a way to set a umask on a user
directory (say ~user/bob) that is different than that specified in the
-u switch...

Thanks.

Ed

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:47:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, ejohns wrote:

> I've looked through much of the on-line documentation and the man
> pages and am still wondering if there is a way to set a umask on a
> user directory (say ~user/bob) that is different than that specified
> in the -u switch...

Use the upload clause to force a specific permission set on uploaded
files.

If the user will be creating directories, upgrade to a VR version or
BeroFTPD, and use the upload clause to force a permission set on created
directories.

Help for upload is in:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/upload.configuration.HOWTO

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195