Subject: wu-2.4.2-VR17 and restriction by login

From: Gael MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:07:58 +0200

Is it possible to restrict acces to one account/login from some ip
specified ? I want keep access from everywhere for all other real and 
guest users.

I'm using wu-2.4.2-VR17

Regards

Gael
-- 
Gael MARTINEZ                                Mailto:[email-masked]
Grolier Interactive Europe OG / Club-Internet 
NOC - Responsable Exploitation Centre Serveur

Restez Zen .... UniX peut le faire.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:54:28 -0400 (EDT)

> specified ? I want keep access from everywhere for all other real and

man ftphosts

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Charles Bruneteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:21:40 +0200

> > specified ? I want keep access from everywhere for all other real and

And is it possible to control which users will belong to a class without
using IPs (or domains) : if user1 and user2 connect from the same IPhost,
both will match the same class during the ftpaccess parsing, isn't it ?

Charles Bruneteau

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Charles Bruneteau wrote:

> And is it possible to control which users will belong to a class
> without using IPs (or domains) : if user1 and user2 connect from the
> same IPhost, both will match the same class during the ftpaccess
> parsing, isn't it ?

No, not possible.  Yes, same class.  Unless one user is a guest and the
other real, then you can class them separately.

--

---

From: Charles Bruneteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:26:05 +0200

> other real, then you can class them separately.

How ? Do you mean with './' with homedirectories in passwd ?

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:17:41 -0400 (EDT)

> How ? Do you mean with './' with homedirectories in passwd ?

What I was referring to was the fact that the class clause in ftpaccess
can distiguish between real, guest, and anonymous users.  What it cannot
do is tell one user of a type (say, guest) from another.

--