Subject: How to setup ftp fro deleting and overwriting??

From: [email-masked] (Coutts, Ashe)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:48:23 -0700

I'm using Linux 2.2.6 with wu-ftp and Apache 1.3.6. I am attempting 
to set up a secure (reasonably secure??) ftp ability into the apache 
htdocs area so we can ftp in the web stuff. I've got it 'pretty well' 
set up - meaning I can get documents out and new ones it but am 
unable to overwrite or erase docs within the htdocs directory. I 
feels like I'm mssing a simple piece but I can't figure out what that 
piece is. Thanks in advance -- Ashe Coutts.
P.S. is there a book or different description other than the 
atpaccess man page. It is somewhat clear but, obviously, a little too 
esoteric for me -- Thanks

Thought for the day:
  I want to move to Theory, everything works in Theory

Ashe Coutts ([email-masked])
805.963-4338 Ext 300
Fax 805.884.1557

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Coutts, Ashe wrote:

> I'm using Linux 2.2.6 with wu-ftp and Apache 1.3.6. I am attempting to
> set up a secure (reasonably secure??) ftp ability into the apache
> set up - meaning I can get documents out and new ones it but am unable
> to overwrite or erase docs within the htdocs directory. I feels like
> I'm mssing a simple piece but I can't figure out what that piece is.
> Thanks in advance -- Ashe Coutts. P.S. is there a book or different
> description other than the atpaccess man page. It is somewhat clear
> but, obviously, a little too esoteric for me -- Thanks

The upload.configuration.HOWTO should help a lot.  It's in the VR17
release kit and my FTP site.

The location of the latest versions of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195