Subject: problem with 2.4.2

From: Michael Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:20:11 -0700

I just updated to 2.4.2 final.

I have some three virtual servers.  On my second server for remote real
logins, users are given a permission denied messages after the name is entered.

Anyone know what is going on.

Michael

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:10:09 -0500 (EST)

> Anyone know what is going on.

What is the exact version string reported on the greeting when you log
into the server?

Assuming you're running a VR version:

 There's a feature (CLOSED_VIRTUAL_SERVER), enabled by default, which
 prevents anyone except anonymous and certain guest users to log into a
 virtual server.  Only guests whose home directory is the same as the root
 for the virtual server are allowed.

 The VR version includes a new ftpaccess phrase for the 'virtual' clause
 which allows you to deny anonymous access.  It also has another phrase
 which allowed you to specify which real/guest users are allowed on the
 virtual server, in addition to the guests allowed by default.  These are
 all covered in the manpage for ftpaccess.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195