Subject: RE: wu-ftpd lastest version

From: Roger Hanke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:57:15 -0500

Dear All,
 My vote goes for Gregory as the new maintainer.
Though would still hope that VR and BeroFTPD can 
be merged going forward to provide one single code
base again.
	Roger Hanke

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Russ Allbery [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent:	Wednesday, March 24, 1999 11:52 PM
>To:	[email-masked]
>Subject:	Re: wu-ftpd lastest version
>
>Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Are you asking my opinion, or suggesting a course of action?
>
>Good question.  Reading over your current stance on this and the way
>you're handling it, I'm content.  I think you're dealing with it quite
>well, and agree with your approach.
>
>So I suppose what I'm doing is registering my opinion that you're the
>current maintainer as far as I'm concerned.  I'm content to wait and see
>how that develops and let you judge the consensus, as you're in a much
>better place to do so than I am.
>
>> If the consensus is that the VR updates are causing confusion, as much
>> as I dislike it (just as Bernard did), I will change the name to
>> something else as well.
>
>No, I wasn't meaning to imply that.  If anything, the presence of a static
>and unchanging 2.4.2 base version is causing confusion.  Please don't feel
>like you need to rename your maintenance of the wu-ftpd source base to
>something else.
>
>-- 
>Russ Allbery ([email-masked])         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

---

From: "Michael Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:36:25 -0700

All,
    Gregory and Bernard ARE the real maintainers at this point. When someone
has a question about wu-ftpd and posts it to the list, who provides help?
Who is dveloping the daemon? The rest is symantics. My vote is that
VR-modified wu-ftpd become wu-ftpd 2.5.x. If this can be combined with Bero
features without breaking existing installations, so much the better.
        Michael

>My opinion is that no maintainer is such because he claims it.  The
>maintainer is who the users say he is.  If the general consensus (or, at
>least, concensus by lack of objection) is that someone else is the
>maintainer; then that person is the maintainer.