Subject: compile's errors

From: Man Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 14:14:59 -0800

I recently downloaded the full Beta-18 VR15 source code but can't 
compile it. I'm getting the following errors:

# ./build hpx

make args are : 

make opts are : 

Copying Makefiles.

Linking src/config.h

Making support library.

	cc -Aa -D_POSIX_SOURCE -O   -c authuser.c

cc: "authuser.c", line 99: error 1574: Unknown size for "sa".

cc: "authuser.c", line 106: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be
applied to types with unknown size.

cc: "authuser.c", line 109: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 109: error 1588: "AF_INET" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 109: error 1563: Expression in if must be scalar.

cc: "authuser.c", line 110: error 1588: "EAFNOSUPPORT" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 113: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 114: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be
applied to types with unknown size.

cc: "authuser.c", line 117: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 118: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 118: error 1529: Cannot select field of non-structure.

cc: "authuser.c", line 136: error 1574: Unknown size for "sa".

cc: "authuser.c", line 147: error 1588: "AF_INET" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 147: error 1588: "SOCK_STREAM" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 149: error 1588: "SOL_SOCKET" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 149: error 1588: "SO_REUSEADDR" undefined.

cc: "authuser.c", line 150: error 1549: Modifiable lvalue required for
assignment operator.

cc: "authuser.c", line 151: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 152: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be
applied to types with unknown size.

cc: "authuser.c", line 153: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 154: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 155: error 1530: Undefined struct or union.

cc: "authuser.c", line 155: error 1529: Cannot select field of non-structure.

cc: "authuser.c", line 156: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be
applied to types with unknown size.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Making ftpd.

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c ftpd.c

cpp: "values.h", line 27: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro MAXINT.

cc: "ftpd.c", line 980: warning 604: Pointers are not assignment-compatible.

cc: "ftpd.c", line 980: warning 563: Argument #3 is not the correct type.

cc: line 4600: warning 5004: Uninitialized variable "ap" in function
"reply" (5004)

	yacc  ftpcmd.y

	mv y.tab.c ftpcmd.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c ftpcmd.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c glob.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c logwtmp.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c popen.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c vers.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c access.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c extensions.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c realpath.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c acl.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c private.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c authenticate.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c conversions.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c hostacc.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c sigfix.c

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c routevector.c

cc: "routevector.c", line 293: warning 562: Redeclaration of
"initportstruct" with a different storage class specifier: "initportstruct"
will have internal linkage.

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c restrict.c

Make: Don't know how to make ../support/libsupport.a.  Stop.

Making ftpcount.

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c ftpcount.c

Make: Don't know how to make ../support/libsupport.a.  Stop.

Making ftpshut.

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c ftpshut.c

Make: Don't know how to make ../support/libsupport.a.  Stop.

Making ckconfig.

	cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O +Onolimit -I.. -I../support +DAportable
-c ckconfig.c

	cc +DAportable  -o ckconfig ckconfig.o

Executables are in bin directory:

size:  bin/ftpd:  cannot open

size:  bin/ftpcount:  cannot open

size:  bin/ftpshut:  cannot open

size:  bin/ftpwho:  cannot open

bin/ckconfig: 9772 + 1756 + 8 = 11536

Done

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ps: I'm running HPUX 10.20 with unbundled C/ANSI compiler 

Man Nguyen	

NTIS /Fedworld
703-605-6724
http://www.fedworld.gov