Subject: Summary wu-ftpd with ftpaccess file

From: Ray Texter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:43:05 -0600

Thanks to Gregory A Lundberg James McMahon:

It was my syntax in the ftpaccess file ...  I was missing the addrglob for
the IP domain ..
This is such a rookie mistake. I'm an experience NT person be trained on
Unix..

Thanx again....  
____________________________________________________________________________
_____
You could also try running the ckconfig command that gets built along with
the
daemon when compiling.  This program simply checks that it can find the
ftpaccess and other required files in the correct places and will also
inform
you where it looks.

I think also that you should take Greg's advice and read the man pages for
ftpaccess, as the lines that you say you have in your ftpaccess file won't
really help you much.

I'd suggest starting with the command 'man ftpaccess' and reading.  I'm
sure proper syntax will help a lot.  There are some examples in
doc/examples which you might find helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
I'm running Ver. 2.4.2-academ of wu-ftpd on a solaris 2.7.  I'm trying to
use the ftpaccess file. It doesn't seem to be working correctly. 

I edit the etc/inetd.conf  file and put in the -a to enable this. after this
I restart the service and there is no difference.  I only have twi line in
my ftpaccess file for testing. 

class 	all 	ftp,ftpusr
limit	all	any
 
If some one could shead some light on this that would be great..... 

Thanx