Subject: Wu-ftpd VR14

From: Che Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:57:25 -0800 (PST)

I just installed wu-ftpd beta18-VR14 as a drop-in replacement for wu-ftpd
Version wu-2.4.2(3) which is very old. 

However, it didn't do exactly as I expected. I'm running sol2.5.1. The 
ftpd binaries are mounted as are the users' home directories via NFS.
Real accounts are fine, but I had some problems with anonymous account.
Once logged in as anonymous, ls can't be run. I haven't made any changes
to the library, but I don't think that should matter. For the heck of
it, I even installed BeroFTPd-1.3.1 with internal ls and I still get the 
same problem. Am I overlooking something?

331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> ls -al 
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): No such file or directory.
ftp> 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files.
221-Total traffic for this session was 436 bytes in 0 transfers.
221-Thank you for using the FTP service on WebFarm03.
221 Goodbye.

=== Che Tran : [email-masked] ===

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:29:45 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Che Tran wrote:

> I just installed wu-ftpd beta18-VR14 as a drop-in replacement for
> wu-ftpd Version wu-2.4.2(3) which is very old.
> 
> Real accounts are fine, but I had some problems with anonymous
> account. Once logged in as anonymous, ls can't be run. I haven't made
> any changes to the library, but I don't think that should matter. For
> the heck of it, I even installed BeroFTPd-1.3.1 with internal ls and I
> still get the same problem. Am I overlooking something?
> 

Read the FAQ, this is specifically covered there.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Alex Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:06:28 -0500

Hey all,

What's difference between vr15 and release 2.4.2?

Alex

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:13:45 -0500 (EST)

> What's difference between vr15 and release 2.4.2?

There is no release 2.4.2

VR15 is a series of 12 upgrades from 2.4.2 (Beta 18).  2.4.2 (Beta 18) is
a series of 18 upgrades from 2.4.  2.4 is the last 'officially released'
version.

--

---

From: Johan Claesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:57:54 +0100

> a series of 18 upgrades from 2.4.  2.4 is the last 'officially released'

I may be completely wrong...
...but according to the contents of ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd, there is
a 2.4.2 release uploaded 26th Mars 1999?

/Johan