Subject: Limit concurrent ftp sessions

From: "Dariusz J. Cichosz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:09:20 +0100

Hello All
Is it possible (in easy way - via ftpaccess) to limit concurrent ftp
sessions from other hosts.
It is so easy to create new ftp session via any www-browser. So, I would
like to limit that to 3 connections at time. But it should be a limit for
whole domain - just for one station.

Regards

Darius Cichosz

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:38:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Dariusz J. Cichosz wrote:

> It is so easy to create new ftp session via any www-browser. So, I
> would like to limit that to 3 connections at time. But it should be a
> limit for whole domain - just for one station.

That's a frequently requested feature.  It has been on Stan's TODO list
for years.  It's on my TODO list as well, but no idea when I'll get to it.
I've seen no patches along these lines; if anyone has one, it would
greatly facilitate mergin the feature into the daemon.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195