Subject: Re: Problem with anon on AIX 4.3.1

From: James McMahon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:13:02 +1100

The first thing that I would check is that you are running the daemon with
the -a flag.
The easiest way to check if it is using the ftpaccess file is to change
the greeting banner file
and then log into your server again, checking that the correct banner is
displayed.

It would also be appreciated if you could provide some more information
about
which version of wu-ftpd you are running, and any other options.

This should be covered in the FAQ, which is available at:

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

James
Secure Gateway Environment

Duncan Hill wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I've encountered a slight problem getting anonymous access in Beta 18
> on an AIX box to work properly.  The server is meant to have a shared
> directory that everyone can read and write from/to, but not be able to
> delete (don't ask why.. thats the order from above).  After about 8
> compiles (getting all the defines in pathnames.h right), ckconfig
> finally gave me the output that I wanted.  Installed wuftpd, ftp'd in
> as anonymous, changed to the shared directory, and put a file.  All is
> good.  Typed in dele file, and got a successful command, and the file
> was gone.  Yet, in ftpaccess, I have delete set to no for anonymous
> logins.  Is there any way to check that wuftpd is actually reading the
> config file?
>
> Help!
>
> --
>
> Duncan Hill                     Penn College Proud - www.pct.edu
> One net to rule them all, One net to find them,
> One net to bring them all, and using Unix bind them.