Subject: HELP!!!

From: "Bitar, Martin (NCI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:44:50 -0500

I NEED HELP!!

I upgraded our WU-FTP server from Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18] to
[BETA-18-VR14].  However, it seems that the new server does NOT accept wild
cards with IP addresses in the ftphost file.  All ftp accounts listed in the
file can no longer get in.  They get a "login incorrect" message. The
entries in logfiles,  state the following:
 "FTP LOGIN REFUSED (name in /etc/ftphosts) FROM `users' hostname` [users'
IP address], userid" 

However, when I add a full IP address, the users can ftp successfully.

My ftphosts and ftpaccess files are intact and haven't changed after the
upgrade.  I checked them - and the entries in them - repeatedly after the
upgrade to insure their accuracy and validity.   It worked  seamlessly
before, but doesn't after the upgrade  :-<  I had to revert back to the old
version of wu-ftpd.  I also tried a clean install on a different server to
rule out the possibility of any conflicts with files from an older
installation/version.......same results!  

I'm running Solaris 2.6 on an Ultra-1 box.  Any input would be GREATLY
appreciated!

Martin

---

From: Alex Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:43:46 -0500

>[BETA-18-VR14].  However, it seems that the new server does NOT accept wild

VR15 fixed that.  Besides that, VR16 is out.

Alex