Subject: getpeername

From: Chris Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:08:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I can no longer start my ftp daemon, I get the following errors....

Mar 26 08:39:42 tomsk ftpd[919]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Socket operation on 
non-socket

it *was* working, I made some changes in the ftpaccess file (to add Virtual Ftp 
Servers), restarted inetd and it stopped working, I undid the changes in the 
ftpaccess file and now it still doesn't work, same error!!!

What can it be?

TIA

Chris
-=-=-

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:41:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Chris Shaw wrote:

> Mar 26 08:39:42 tomsk ftpd[919]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Socket
> operation on non-socket

You don't say which OS or version of the daemon you're using.

I can cause this error by starting the daemon by hand.  You say you're
using inetd: check for a typo on the commandline in inetd.conf.  Also,
check your system logs for any messages which might shed light on this.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195