Subject: SUMMARY: ftpaccess problem - and new question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:01:11 -0500

Thanks for quick responses to Elmar Handke and Michael  Schmidt, who pointed to
src/pathnames.h. I was having problems getting wu-ftpd to find ftpaccess in
/usr/local/lib/ftpd. I ended up modifying src/config/config.sol to "undef"
USE_ETC - that fixed it.

Another question, now, if you please? On solaris 2.6 with  		   
		wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15]
I can't get the "ls" command to work in the pub directory. It appears, as
indicated by "ldd", that both /usr/bin/ls and /usr/ucb/ls are linked with
shared libraries, and that there is no statically linked ls. So, I copied
down what seemed to be the necessary libraries, into:

./usr/lib/libdl.so.1
./usr/lib/libc.so.1

and ftp in, and it complains it can't find /usr/lib/ld.so.1. So, I copy
that in:

./usr/lib/ld.so.1

and it complains it can't find /usr/adm/wtmp. I copy that in, but that doesn't
help. I'm afraid I'm digging myself in deeper and deeper - can anyone explain
how to get ls to work? My pub dir looks as follows:

dr-xr-sr-x   2 root     other        512 Mar  9 08:11 pub

and the file in it looks like:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     other         33 Mar  9 08:29 file.typ

TIA!

-- 
Judith Reed
[email-masked]
(315) 453-2912 x335

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:45:09 -0500 (EST)

> Another question, now, if you please? On solaris 2.6 with  		   

Beta-15 is old, you should consider upgrading.

> I can't get the "ls" command to work in the pub directory.

The FAQ will help a lot for this problem.

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195