Subject: directory listing

From: iqbal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:59:52 +0000

Hi

I have read the faq, still trawling throught the archives, but none of
the solution sseem to help.

I have set up wu-ftpd on a number of operating systems, but never had so
much trouble as I have had this time.

i am running Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15], and i have the following
setup

ftp is /usr/local/web

I have a bin directory under the above, which contains ls
I also have a lib directory which contains ld-linux.co and libc.so.5

Everything else works, it chroot and chdirs etc etc, but I cannot get a
directory listing.

Oh the operating system is linux kernal version 2.0.34

Any pointers would be helpful

Thanks iqbal

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:22:23 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, iqbal wrote:

> Everything else works, it chroot and chdirs etc etc, but I cannot get
> a directory listing.
> 

Run through the example site at ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/examples/ it
shows a minimal installastion.  On Linux, with statically-linked binaries,
this minimal installation works.  Precompiled static binaries for Linux
are available at the same ftp site.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: iqbal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:17:23 +0000

Hi

I have downloaded the binary and tested that still no luck, and the
layout of my "system" looks identical.

I looked in the inetd.conf file and saw that wu.ftpd was being called
using the -l -i -a options. This wouldn't have an affcet would it ?

When I do /usr/sbin/chroot /path/to/ftp /bin/ls I get an error

execvp : no file or directory.

Iqbal