Subject: Y2K status for WU Anon ftp

From: Mike Sargent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:58:31 -0600 (CST)

I'm new to this list so I apologize if I'm asking a question that
has been asked before .... but ... what is the Y2K status of the WU
Anonymous ftp server? What versions, if any are compliant, and what
versions have issues?

Thanks and Best regards,
Mike,

-- 
                      Chance favors the prepared mind - Pasteur
   /\~ /\      O\     
 ~/\/\/  \~  +--\\\   Michael W. Sargent, Texas Instruments,Inc.
~~ ~~~~~ ~~  |  /|@   ASP System Admin Infrastructure Manager
/      \   \ !  \ \   Phone - 972.480.1133

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 99 16:25:56 CST

Mike said :-
> Anonymous ftp server? What versions, if any are compliant, and what

As I recall, at one point there was some code which added two digits for
the year after "19" before printing the date, but this was fixed to output
four digits some time ago.

Since the actual timing calls are standard UNIX, the values they return
should be Y2K compliant (but you might have some fun if you're still
sys-adminning in 2037....).

So as long as you're using the latest release (or anything after somewhere
around beta-15 or beta16 ?) you should be OK.

Hopefully Gregory will put me right if I've remembered incorrectly.

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Coder, adapt.  FTP Ada, redo C"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]