Subject: Problem with anon on AIX 4.3.1

From: Duncan Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:26:25 -0500 (EST)

Greetings.

I've encountered a slight problem getting anonymous access in Beta 18
on an AIX box to work properly.  The server is meant to have a shared
directory that everyone can read and write from/to, but not be able to
delete (don't ask why.. thats the order from above).  After about 8
compiles (getting all the defines in pathnames.h right), ckconfig
finally gave me the output that I wanted.  Installed wuftpd, ftp'd in
as anonymous, changed to the shared directory, and put a file.  All is
good.  Typed in dele file, and got a successful command, and the file
was gone.  Yet, in ftpaccess, I have delete set to no for anonymous
logins.  Is there any way to check that wuftpd is actually reading the
config file? 

Help!

--

Duncan Hill			Penn College Proud - www.pct.edu
One net to rule them all, One net to find them,
One net to bring them all, and using Unix bind them.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:50:03 -0500 (EST)

> logins.  Is there any way to check that wuftpd is actually reading the

I'd say you just ran on e and it failed.  check you command-line to be
sure it has -a

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195