Subject: Double-Check: Any way to virtual ftp w/o IP address? (Solaris)

From: Gary Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:12:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi all. I wanted to double check this before I make any decisions. I
use the virtual ftp support in wuftpd/vr mods to support multiple independent
anonymous ftp's for my clients. I want to move to host-based www sites,
so the machine will have only one IP address.

Is it possible to have independent anon ftp's without assigning multiple
IP addresses to the machine at this time. I'm using Solaris 7.

Thanks. -Gary

- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Gary Goldberg KA3ZYW email: [email-masked] 301/249-6501  ICQ: 22569505
Digital Marketing, Inc., Bowie, MD.            http://www.digimark.net/

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:39:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Gary Goldberg wrote:

> Is it possible to have independent anon ftp's without assigning
> multiple IP addresses to the machine at this time.

No

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Gary Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:47:25 -0500 (EST)

OK. That's what I thought. Thanks. -Gary