Subject: help with defumask

From: Rob Genovesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:31:39 -0800

Hi,

Is there a way to set defumask based in the users real username
(/etc/passwd) or real group (/etc/group)?  I see that it can be done by
defining a class, which is specified via addrglob, but this won't work for me.

any help?

almost forgot the most important part:
I am running: Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18-VR12](1)
On: Sun Solaris 2.5.1

Thanks,

	Rob Genovesi
	[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:06:23 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Rob Genovesi wrote:

> (/etc/passwd) or real group (/etc/group)?  I see that it can be done
> by defining a class, which is specified via addrglob, but this won't
> work for me.

No.  I've noted it as an idea for future consideration.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Thomas Neshite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:25:16 -0500 (EST)

I believe the correct way to do it is when you start the ftpd in
 /etc/inetd.conf with the -u switch. I only allow the owner read
 write access and lock everyone else out.

 Mine looks like this:

 /usr/local/etc/ftpd -l -a -u077

 This sets new files uploaded to 700.

 tjn