Subject: FIXES-*

From: Nikos Mouat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:03:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
   Can we move all the 'FIXES-*' files out of the main distribution
directory? Maybe into doc/history or doc/fixes or something? They don't
seem to be appropriate in the main directory.

nm

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:18:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Nikos Mouat wrote:

> directory? Maybe into doc/history or doc/fixes or something? They
> don't seem to be appropriate in the main directory.

OK.  Unless someone objects over the next two weeks, I'll see what I can
do for VR17.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: "Roeland Th. Jansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:10:15 +0000 (GMT)

> OK.  Unless someone objects over the next two weeks, I'll see what I can

on ftp.cistron.nl, in /pub/people/miquels/unsupported, there is a patch
avaiable that does bandwidth control. I don't know if VR16 suports it but
maybe it's nice to incorporate it.

-- 
Grobbebol's Home                       |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
MCSE: Must Consult Someone Experienced | Use your real e-mail address   /\
Linux 2.2.2 on an i586/64 MB           |        on Usenet.             _\_v

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:48:24 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Roeland Th. Jansen wrote:

> on ftp.cistron.nl, in /pub/people/miquels/unsupported, there is a
> patch avaiable that does bandwidth control. I don't know if VR16
> suports it but maybe it's nice to incorporate it.

VR16 uses Ralf Engelshall's (sp?) throughput limiting patch, don't
remember where I got it from but the URL was burried in the mailing list
archives.

--

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:28:16 -0500 (EST)

> don't seem to be appropriate in the main directory.

**** FAIR WARNING ****

To those of you who like to diff the VR updates to see what's changed, or
apply the patches instead of taking the pre-patched tarballs:

mkdir doc/FIXES
mv FIXES* doc/FIXES

will be required for VR17.

-- 

-- 

Index: FIXES-2.4.2-VR17
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/wu-ftpd/doc/FIXES/FIXES-2.4.2-VR17,v
retrieving revision 1.3
diff -r1.3 FIXES-2.4.2-VR17
59a60,64
> Nikos Mouat <[email-masked]> requested the FIXES-* files be moved from
> the main directory.  Good point, they are starting to cutter things up.
> I've moved them to the directory doc/FIXES .. this will cause problems for
> people running diff to see what's changed but they'll have to live with it.
>