Subject: Re: wu-ftpd with ftpaccess file....

From: James McMahon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:34:09 +1100

You could also try running the ckconfig command that gets built along with the
daemon when compiling.  This program simply checks that it can find the
ftpaccess and other required files in the correct places and will also inform
you where it looks.

I think also that you should take Greg's advice and read the man pages for
ftpaccess, as the lines that you say you have in your ftpaccess file won't
really help you much.

Hope this helps,

James

Ray Texter wrote:

> I'm running Ver. 2.4.2-academ of wu-ftpd on a solaris 2.7.  I'm trying to
> use the ftpaccess file. It doesn't seem to be working correctly.
>
> I edit the etc/inetd.conf  file and put in the -a to enable this. after
> this
> I restart the service and there is no difference.  I only have twi line in
> my ftpaccess file for testing.
>
> class   all     ftp,ftpusr
> limit   all     any
>
> If some one could shead some light on this that would be great.....
>
> Thanx
> Ray Texter