Subject: Guest account setup problem

From: harry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:20:58 -0500

Hello,

I am running into a bit of problem while setting up a guest account.
Everytime a guest user logs on, they are able to see the whole path to
there ftp directory.  I have used the guide written by Michael Brennen
as a reference.

The password file is succesfully changing the users to there home ftp
directory, however as I mentioned, the users are still able to see there
full path and cd up a directory.

Any ideas?? Could my chroot be corrupted??  I am running wu-ftpd on
Ultra 30 running solaris7

Thank you for your time and help

Harry

---

From: "Alex Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:38:09 -0500

> directory, however as I mentioned, the users are still able to see there

Let's say this.  If your ftp home is /ftp, your guest dir is /ftp/usr/guest,
and you have direct their initial dir as /ftp/./usr/guest, of course that
they can cd up a directory.  They can change to wherever they want under
/ftp unless they don't have permission to enter.

Alex