Subject: File priority for incoming users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:21:17 -0800

Hello,

I'm currently running wu-2.4.2[Beta-18-VR12].  Is there a way to specify a high
priority for a defined file when users request it?  I need to increase
throughput for the demand of a specific file.

Any help is appreciated.

/Jim Martinez

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:48:06 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm currently running wu-2.4.2[Beta-18-VR12].  Is there a way to
> specify a high priority for a defined file when users request it?  I
> need to increase throughput for the demand of a specific file.

You can specify nice adjustments for specific classes of users.
You can also diddle the tcp window size

Those are the things I'd do to effect overall performance.

Specifically, though, the throughput feature should be able to slow down
connections on other files.  Check the man page.  The feature is rude and
crude, but should get the desired effect by having FTP servers for other
files send data less often leaving more bandwidth for the server sending
the files you're interested in.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195