Subject: Virtual FTP auth errors on upgrade to VR13

From: Jesse Trucks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:29:19 -0600

Today I upgraded the wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13 to
wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr13. I made sure to add the -DVIRTUAL CFLAG, and
compiled for BSDi 3.1 using the build bdi command. I am using the same
config files I was using for the previous install. I made sure the -a
flag was set in inetd.conf with the following line:

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/tcpd       ftpd -l
-a

Otherwise that line is not changed from the previous version. Also, I
have tried the server with the following inetd.conf entry as well:

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd -l -a

Both give the same results, which follow:

The main ftp host answers and authenticates for any user, including
anonymous access. The two virtual hosts have anonymous access fully
functional, but NO non-anonymous user will authenticate.

Is there a major change that I have missed in the change logs or search
of the archive or site that explains what I may be doing wrong here? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks!

-- 
Jesse Trucks
[email-masked]
System Administrator
Global Dialog Internet