Subject: WU-FTP on HP-UX 11.00

From: "Elliott, Don (Exton, PA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:43:26 -0500

I would greatly appreciate hearing any recommendations regarding the
compiling of wu-ftp on an HP-UX 11.00 system.

For example:
What version of GCC do you recommend?
Are any other utilities necessary?
What version of WU-FTP would you recommend using?

Any information would be appreciated...

Don Elliott

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:57:31 -0500 (EST)

> What version of GCC do you recommend?

As current as possible, but any recent (within a year or two) version
should do.

> Are any other utilities necessary?

you'll probably want fileutils (for ls), tar, compress and gzip.  the
versions which came with the OS should do fine, but a purist may want to
compile his own form known sources for use inside the ftp site.

> What version of WU-FTP would you recommend using?

If you have little or or no multi-homes ftp requirements, I'd suggest
VR13.  If you expect a large numbe of multi-homes sites, or have need for
separate users per site, you'll want BeroFTPD.

The packages I've discussed here are all available at my ftp site:
  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195