Subject: LDAP and WU-ftp

From: Haas Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:36:34 +0100

Hello,

I´m looking for a hack or an implementation to authenticate ftp Users
against
an Ldap Server.

Does anybody know such an implementation ?!

Thanxxx for your advice

Christoph

----------------------------------------------
Christoph Haas       |  UTA Telekom AG
			|  Internet Operation Center
                               |  voice: +43 1 40 460 / 3341
                               |  fax   : +43 1 40 460 / 93341
			|  ripe: CH673-RIPE
                               |  mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:17:18 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Haas Christoph wrote:

> against an Ldap Server.

I've not heard of one.  This has been a long-standing feature request.  If
you learn of one, send it my way and I'll see if I can merge it into a VR
update.

I have patches to add PAM to the daemon and a few requests to do so.  If
your system supports PAM and you find/write a PAM module for LDAP, and can
hang tight for a month or two until I get PAM in, you should be able to do
what you want.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195