Subject: ftpwho list.

From: "Howard Moneta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:13:09 -0700

Hi I would like to know if there is a way that I can get the contents of my ftpwho list not to scroll off the screen?  If it would wrap to the next line then I would be able to see what a user is downloading rather then just where they are from which is all the will fit on the screen right now.  I use Red Hat Linux.

Thanks,

Howard
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:05:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Howard Moneta wrote:

> Hi I would like to know if there is a way that I can get the contents
> of my ftpwho list not to scroll off the screen?  If it would wrap to
> the next line then I would be able to see what a user is downloading
> rather then just where they are from which is all the will fit on the
> screen right now.  I use Red Hat Linux.

If you're using X, make your window wider.  Otherwise, change the
resolution on your text console in LILO.

Personally, I don't bother with ftpwho/ftpcount.  Instead I use `ps axw`
and if it's still too wide, I pipe the output through less to wrap it.
grep helps to, so try this:
  ps axw | grep ftpd | less

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195