Subject: How can i hide directory under Solaris 2.5.1 with wu-ftpd !

From: 襄樊热线 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:51:57 +0800

Hi all :

    How can i hide the directory under Solaris 2.5.1 ,and let my wu-ftp
user can't use "ls" to see them  but can CD them !

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:09:04 -0500 (EST)

> user can't use "ls" to see them  but can CD them !

Directory permissions.

Revoke read access on the parent directory and the user cannot see the
child.  Revoke read on the child and the user cannot see its contents.

Execute permission allow the user to CD into the directory and access it
(the directory itself) to check permissions to determine which files may
be read/writen or which sub-directories may be used.

You can see an example of this in my sample site at

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/examples/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195