Subject: [VR13] More enhancements and bug fixes for beta-18

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:00:00 -0500 (EST)

The VR13 patch set for WU-FTPD 2.4.2 (beta-18) is now available. 

The VR series includes additional features requested over the years by the
user community and includes a number of bug fixes for both the base 2.4.2
(beta-18) release and earlier VR patch sets.

These are available as both patches and pre-patched tarballs at my ftp
site: 

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/

  MD5                               Package
  ---                               -------
  98067f67015015aa30b959e8dba4bb27  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr13.tar.Z
  20de666ba0e772402c1909b404ee4cc0  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr13.tar.gz

  bcd74875a953676ba9f8de4c315f9712  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr3.patch
  863e294eddfe2c772cd9c541372c7e1d  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr4.patch
  8f7d523eff5785a901d8ec9330e7b2a4  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr5.patch
  891ea301ab535e3aa55c5da4c3b3dd37  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr6.patch
  dc1672289c2da25880f7c63f21b37122  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr7.patch
  602b1431727261a4b16340853f6d81c3  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr8.patch
  9eee17b78a3a245dd71476e9426baaa0  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr9.patch
  c85059908d124be5a6a9c8331c5322c0  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr10.patch
  fb9596c5950cee6bad0e0d70fa168ccf  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr11.patch
  caaeceacb995768c8f99628fe54af798  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr12.patch
  1ee90ee4ba0df2be01c7b3151584e5d4  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr13.patch

If you take just the patch files, please remember: they are cumulative. 
you cannot apply fixes from one set without earlier sets already having
been applied.  The first set for BETA-18 is VR3; VR1 and VR2 were for
BETA-17 only. 

Pre-compiled binaries for VR13 are not yet available.  The VR12 binaries
will remain available until newer versions are ready.  

This is a list of fixes to BETA 18 with VR12 applied from lundberg@@vr.net
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The realpath fix in VR12 for NFS has an off-by-one.  Noted codereading.

Add documentation for class= phrases missed in VR12 and promised for this
release.

Fixed a bug in the quota support which caused a crash if there was no file
support (/etc/fstab /etc/mtab) on some systems.

Fixed a bug in the 'connection from' message.  The AUTH (RFC 931) was too
late and the remote address and host name hadn't been determined yet.

Added DaemonAddress ftpaccess clause to listen on a single IP address
instead of INADDR_ANY.  This is incompatible with virtual host support as
things now stand and will require a major rewrite to fix.  I needed it for
a specific site and decided to leave it in.

Fixed a bug where access.c was logging garbage because of bad linkage to
ftpd.c, this appeared on a number of syslog messages instead of the remote
user identification (via RFC 931).

Added module loadavg.c stripped from Sendmail.  This is not currently
compiled.  The module is for testing connection limits based upon system
load, which is planned for a future VR update.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195