Subject: compatibility of ftpaccess file

From: Dustin Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:52:03 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

Does anyone know if ftpaccess file for version 2.4(82) can be used with
version 2.4.2-beta-18-vr14?

Thanks!

Dustin Fu
Software Systems Specialist
Academic Computing Services
University of Texas at Arlington
[email-masked]
817-272-2208

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:35:32 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Dustin Fu wrote:

> Does anyone know if ftpaccess file for version 2.4(82) can be used
> with version 2.4.2-beta-18-vr14?

the only reported problem has been on the 'class' line when using
wildcards in IP numbers.  VR14 does not support wildcards sich as
127.*.*.*

VR15 will support wildcard, but I recommend switching to IP/CIDR or
IP:MASK notation instead since it's less abiguous.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195