Subject: exiting on signal 10

From: John McDermon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 01:47:39 -0700

Hi All,
I just installed wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-vr13 on HP-UX 10.20 (finally 
got it to compile the way I wanted).

But, now when I try to connect I get the login prompt, but as soon as 
I enter a username and hit retirn I get:

	421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
	Login failed.
	No control connection for command: No such file or directory

Even with the -v option all the syslog shows is:
	Feb 13 01:19:55 machine_name ftpd[15916]: exiting on signal 10

I searched the archives and saw that Marco Bano had the same problem 
in Sep 98, but I didn't see any replies.

Got any ideas? (Marco, if you're out there, did you get it fixed?)
--John

+--------------------------+--------------------------+
| John McDermon            |  Workstation and Server  |
| MS F608, CIC-2           |       Team Leader        |
| Los Alamos National Lab  |  voice: (505)667-7315    |
| Los Alamos, NM 87545     |   cell: (505)699-4910    |
| "my opinions are my own" |    fax: (505)665-1002    |
|           http://www.lanl.gov/home/jmcdermo         |
+--------------------------+--------------------------+