Subject: Can't delete files

From: Bill Delphenich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:39:29 -0500

I am using the GUESTGROUP feature to allow FTP users to upload and
download files into specific directories on our server. That is all
working fine. However the user is not able to delete his own file from
the server. I have played around with the UPLOAD entry in /etc/ftpaccess
but I can't get it to work.

A typical entry in /etc/ftpaccess for a user is:
upload   /home/ftp  /pub/9101   yes   joebuck   ftponly  770  nodirs

What am I missing?  How can I let these people delete files?

Thanks for any assistance.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:55:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Bill Delphenich wrote:

> the server. I have played around with the UPLOAD entry in
> /etc/ftpaccess but I can't get it to work.
> 

check the 'delete' clause in your ftpaccess.

if they get a message 'denied (delete)', that's the reason.

if they get a message 'permissions', check the _directory_ permissions and
owernships

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195