Subject: VR mirrors

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:00:00 -0500 (EST)

The VR updates for WU-FTPD include additional features requested over the
years by the user community and includes a number of bug fixes for both the
base 2.4.2 (beta-18) release and earlier VR updates.

The primary distribution site for these updates is:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/

Mirrors are available at the following sites:

Japan
-----

    Ring Server Project
    -------------------
        <ftp://ftp.ring.gr.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://www.ring.gr.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

        <ftp://ring.aist.go.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://ring.aist.go.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

        <ftp://ring.asahi-net.or.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://ring.asahi-net.or.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

        <ftp://ring.so-net.ne.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://ring.so-net.ne.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

        <ftp://ring.nacsis.ac.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://ring.nacsis.ac.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

        <ftp://ring.etl.go.jp/pub/net/wu-ftpd/>
        <http://ring.etl.go.jp/archives/net/wu-ftpd/>

    Other Japan sites
    -----------------
    ftp://ftp.win.ne.jp/pub/network/wu-ftpd/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Schmidt)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:28:37 +0100 (MET)

> From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
> Subject: VR mirrors
> 
[...]

Hi,

a suggestion to Gregory:
In the ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/ directory there are located 
some utilities, shall say:  fileutils + gzip + ncompress + 
newvirt + privatepw + tar + textutils
It's only my personal opinion. but I think it would be better 
if you place them under a separate directory e.g. 
ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/utils/ as things are more structured then 
and look clearer.

About mirroring:
Although at ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/ there is mentioned that it is 
not necessary to ask for permission to run a mirror area of that 
VR wu-ftpd I would like to ask whether it would be helpful if we 
would setup a mirror of ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/ in Koblenz, Germany?

Please feel free to send me your feedback.

Have a nice day
Michael

-- 
                 Michael  Schmidt
              [email-masked]
Mirror of:                              SAMBA:
IPFilter, Ghostscript                   Server for Win95,
Linux-HOWTO                             WinNT, LANManager