Subject: analyze wu-ftpd logs

From: "Gaetan J. BLENET" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 18:50:56 +0100

Hi,

I would like to analyze logs produced by wu-ftpd. Does anyone know which
software I could use to ?

I use "Webtrends Log Analyzer" software to analyze http logs (NCSA httpd
and Netscape Enterprise Server). But, this software doesn't recognize
log format from wu-ftpd.

Any software is welcome.

Thanks,

Gaetan

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:15:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Gaetan J. BLENET wrote:

> I would like to analyze logs produced by wu-ftpd. Does anyone know
> which software I could use to ?
> 
> I use "Webtrends Log Analyzer" software to analyze http logs (NCSA
> httpd and Netscape Enterprise Server). But, this software doesn't
> recognize log format from wu-ftpd.

I recoment xferstats from Phil Shwan.  I have a copy in my ftp site, don't
remember his main site.  It's a replacement for the Perl version which
comes with the daemon and much more powerful.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: "Gaetan J. BLENET" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 02:16:31 +0100

> comes with the daemon and much more powerful.

Thank you.
Phil Shwan's main site that you don't remember is (thanks to yahoo) :
ftp://sod.off.net:211/pub/xferstats/xferstats-2.00/
http://xferstats.off.net:8080

I downloaded tar archive and I'll have a look at it, tomorrow.
Best regards.

Gaetan

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 23:55:28 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Gaetan J. BLENET wrote:

> I downloaded tar archive and I'll have a look at it, tomorrow. Best
> regards.

that's right.  I always have trouble getting into it.  istm he's
moved/moving it but I'd have to dig through a few K emails to find what he
said.  prolly be faster for him to post it :P

--