Subject: Peoblems with guest accounts...

From: Brian Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:32:28 -0800

Some users are reporting not being able to see the contents of their
directories with programs such as CuteFTP, WS_FTP and regular
command-line FTP, though I can see the files just fine using their
accounts.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

---

From: Brian Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:40:59 -0800

Oh, forgot to mention, this is 2.2.4 Beta 18

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:37:47 -0500 (EST)

> Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Incomplete setup of the 'ls' command.  It's a FAQ.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Brian Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:00:41 -0800

Works now, thanks a lot!