Subject: Password Aging in WU-FTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:33:22 -0500

Hi I am still looking for a response on this. Can anyone help me?

-Richelle

To:   [email-masked]@internet
cc:
From: Richelle dela Cruz/White Plains/IBM @ IBMUS
Subject:  Password Aging in WU-FTP

Hi,
     I am wondering if wu-ftp supports password aging - meaning it checks
for the expiration date of the ftp id's password and does not allow the ftp
id to login in if it's password is already expired. I tested this and
wu-ftp seems to ignore the "expiration date" of the ftp id's password.

     I have currently set up chrooted-ftp ids for AIX 4.3.0. I am using
wu-ftp (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](1)
          and not the AIX ftp (which supports aging).

     Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

RICHELLE  DELA  CRUZ
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:02:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> for the expiration date of the ftp id's password and does not allow
> the ftp id to login in if it's password is already expired. I tested
> this and wu-ftp seems to ignore the "expiration date" of the ftp id's
> password.
> 
> wu-ftp (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](1) and not the AIX ftp (which
> supports aging).

If AIX passwd struct has pw_expire (look in man 3 getpwnam or getpwuid)

#define HAS_PW_EXPIRE

at the end of your src/config/config.aix will do it.  Expired passwords
are the same as wrong passwords (no different warning, just refused
login).

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195