Subject: exe problems

From: "Scott R. Every" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:17:40 -0500

When I try to get any file on my server that is a *.exe file through a browser
it dumps to the screen instead of prompting to save.

Any ideas where I can change this?  On the webserver I would use MIME types, 
but I can't seem to find the equivalent in wu-ftpd 
ftp://ftp.emji.net/pub/setup.exe

tia

s

--
Scott R. Every        "Everything is controlled by a small evil group to 
 EMJ Internet          which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs."
 voice : 1-800-548-2319  fax : 1-919-363-4423  mailto:[email-masked]
 WWW - http://www.emji.net   

Do you believe in Macintosh? Learn how to help the cause by 
subscribing to the "EvangeList" listserver! Send email to:
<[email-masked]> or go to: 
<http://www.lists.apple.com/>

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:36:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Scott R. Every wrote:

> When I try to get any file on my server that is a *.exe file through a
> browser it dumps to the screen instead of prompting to save.
> 
> Any ideas where I can change this?  On the webserver I would use MIME
> types, but I can't seem to find the equivalent in wu-ftpd

There is no such thing as MIME type in FTP.

I tried the URL above and got the Open/Save dialog from IE 4.01.

Probably you checked the 'don't ask me again' option for .EXE files.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195