Subject: [Q] Anonymous login works, but ...

From: Chang Cheng Chao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:33:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm using Red Hat 5.2 and has anonftp and wu-ftp set up. Users can ftp
into my computer using anonymous but I'm wondering how I can have
anonymous login in addition to password login. So the anonymous login
people will go to some directory and those people who needs password will
go to another directory. Is this possible? If that is not possible, I
would like to remove the anonymous login and require everyone to use
password login. How do I do that? Thanks.

Chang

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:05:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Chang Cheng Chao wrote:

> Hi, I'm using Red Hat 5.2 and has anonftp and wu-ftp set up. Users can
> ftp into my computer using anonymous but I'm wondering how I can have
> anonymous login in addition to password login.

guestgroup

Read the man pages and the FAQ.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Chang Cheng Chao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:18:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I used guestgroup and it worked. I also removed anonymous from the
class statement so that anonymous login is disallowed. Now I'm wondering
how to disallow the users to ftp only not telnet. Thanks for your help.

Chang

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:27:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Chang Cheng Chao wrote:

> Now I'm wondering how to disallow the users to ftp only not telnet.

--