Subject: BeroFTPD ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:13:20 -0400 (AST)

First off...why are there two seperate efforts to achieve the same thing?
Looking at BeroFTPD, the structures all seem to be the same, just alot
newer features...

Second...wn't compile under Solaris 2.6, figured I'd ask and see if anyone
else saw this before I dug into it ... this is BeroFTPD 1.3.1, just downloaded
this afternoon:

ftpd.o: In function `user':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1577: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1577: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1645: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1645: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1851: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1851: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
ftpd.o: In function `checkuser':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1973: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
ftpd.o:/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/ftpd.c:1973: more undefined references to `_path_ftpusers' follow
access.o: In function `acl_setfunctions':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/access.c:640: undefined reference to `_path_private'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/access.c:640: undefined reference to `_path_private'
access.o: In function `access_init':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/access.c:1347: undefined reference to `_path_ftpaccess'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/access.c:1347: undefined reference to `_path_ftpaccess'
conversions.o: In function `conv_init':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/conversions.c:197: undefined reference to `_path_cvt'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/conversions.c:197: undefined reference to `_path_cvt'
hostacc.o: In function `sethacc':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/hostacc.c:144: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/hostacc.c:144: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
paths.o: In function `setup_paths':
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:106: undefined reference to `_path_ftpaccess'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:106: undefined reference to `_path_ftpaccess'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:107: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:107: undefined reference to `_path_ftpusers'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:109: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:109: undefined reference to `_path_ftphosts'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:111: undefined reference to `_path_private'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:111: undefined reference to `_path_private'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:112: undefined reference to `_path_cvt'
/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src/paths.c:112: undefined reference to `_path_cvt'
make[1]: *** [ftpd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/anon-ftp/pub/unix-src/net/build/BeroFTPD-1.3.1/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Marc G. Fournier                                
Systems Administrator @ hub.org 
primary: [email-masked]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org