Subject: upload problems

From: "Scott R. Every" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:11:40 -0500

i just upgraded from wu-ftpd(18) to Beroftpd 1.2.3 and am having trouble
uploading files.  The incoming fir has the same permissions it always had:
drwx-wx-wt   2 root     daemon       1024 Jan 25 17:08 incoming/   

in the /etc/ftpaccess file I have:
upload  /home/ftp  *               no
upload  /home/ftp  /incoming      yes     ftp   daemon 0600 nodirs

I have tried w/o the first line with no effect.

When I upload using any text based ftp I get:
553 1ris.tgz: Permission denied. (Upload)  

When I use a graphical ftp and drag the file into the incoming dir(w/o opeing
it) it uploads fine.  If I open the dir first it does NOT work.  All of these
behaviors are different than what I saw with wu-ftpd...

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Please help!

s

--
Scott R. Every        "Everything is controlled by a small evil group to 
 EMJ Internet          which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs."
 voice : 1-800-548-2319  fax : 1-919-363-4423  mailto:[email-masked]
 WWW - http://www.emji.net   

Do you believe in Macintosh? Learn how to help the cause by 
subscribing to the "EvangeList" listserver! Send email to:
<[email-masked]> or go to: 
<http://www.lists.apple.com/>