Subject: Re: Password Aging in WU-FTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:51:27 -0500

Hi Greg,
     Thanks for the reply...
     Unfortunately, AIX's password structure does NOT have a pw_expire,
therefore recompiling
with that flag will only make the compile bomb out.

     Can you think of any other thing we can do have wu-ftp detect password
aging?

Thanks -> Richelle ([email-masked])

Gregory A Lundberg <"lundberg+wuftpd"@vr.net> on 01/26/99 05:02:09 PM

Please respond to "lundberg+wuftpd"@vr.net

To:   Richelle dela Cruz/White Plains/IBM
cc:   [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Password Aging in WU-FTP

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> I am wondering if wu-ftp supports password aging - meaning it checks
> for the expiration date of the ftp id's password and does not allow
> the ftp id to login in if it's password is already expired. I tested
> this and wu-ftp seems to ignore the "expiration date" of the ftp id's
> password.
>
> I have currently set up chrooted-ftp ids for AIX 4.3.0. I am using
> wu-ftp (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](1) and not the AIX ftp (which
> supports aging).

If AIX passwd struct has pw_expire (look in man 3 getpwnam or getpwuid)

#define HAS_PW_EXPIRE

at the end of your src/config/config.aix will do it.  Expired passwords
are the same as wrong passwords (no different warning, just refused
login).

--

Gregory A Lundberg       Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195