Subject: Owner of all uploaded files is root

From: Inigo_Surguy/[email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:45:10 +0000

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of BeroFTPD on Solaris 2.5.1.

I've just set it up, and it all works fine, *but* the owner of all files
uploaded
 to the ftp server is root. The group is being set correctly to the user
doing
 the uploading, but the user itself doesn't appear to be.

At the moment, the server is running on port 5001 and there's the standard
FTP server running on the normal port, which is working fine.

I'm not using anonymous FTP, and although I do intend to use groups, the
problem still occurs when I'm not using groups.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'd be very grateful for any
help.

Thanks

Inigo Surguy
[email-masked]

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:36:04 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 Inigo_Surguy/[email-masked] wrote:

> uploaded to the ftp server is root. The group is being set correctly to the
> user doing the uploading, but the user itself doesn't appear to be.

Check the upload directives in your ftpaccess file - BeroFTPD permits
automatically chowing files on upload.
Also, make sure you are NOT using 1.3.1, which had a major bug. Either get
1.3.2, or stay with the stable (1.2.x) version.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.