Subject: Re: Where to get Wu-ftpd ? (fwd)

From: Dave Wreski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:05:27 -0500 (EST)

[Hmm.. listproc bounced my message the first time... ]

>     Linux distributions are very hard to get here. The newest one available
> is dated nov 97 (Slackware 3.3.0 that  I found in a cd-rom that cames with
> the book "The Linux Bible". I got this from a book reseller wich brough it
> specially for me, from France, as it is expensive (60$, where the normal
> income for an industrial worker, here, is 130$ per month) and Linux is not
> very well diffused in Tunisia ). It contains version giving the message
> "(Version wu-2.4(4) Sub Jun 22 22:47:03 CDT 1997)".

Email me you're address, and I'll send you a few, if you like.  When
you're finished with them, pass them on...  Anyone interested in splitting
the shipping with me? 

>     I also must change some lines in the code to make messages displayed in
> french, as people here are used to speek french and arabic and the use of
> this intranet is targeted to people that most of them have finished their
> studies before the introduction of the english language in national
> educational programs.

I wouldn't doubt the maintainers of the code would be interested in any
code changes you have, to integrate into their release...

Dave