Subject: ftp prompt return

From: Yann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:51:22 -0200 (EDT)

I would like to know if it's possible to change the first line
that return when I use the ftp program.

	When I open ftp to my host, I receive:

Connected to my_ftp_server_name

	I would like that display:

Connected to IP_my_ftp_server

	Yann

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 20:54:48 -0500 (EST)

> Connected to IP_my_ftp_server

That's the client on your end, not the server.  You might look at the DNS
entries for your FTP machine.  Other than that, there's not much you can
do.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195