Subject: whence wu-ftpd?

From: Jason Spears <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:19:16 -0500 (EST)

I haven't seen a release of the 'official' wu-ftpd in months.  Are there
plans for development to continue, or is the 'official' development
tree dead?

Still hoping for a sensible virtual hosting scheme to be rolled into the
official source.

Jason Spears

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 21:33:02 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jason Spears wrote:

> I haven't seen a release of the 'official' wu-ftpd in months.

Neither has anyone else - and that's precisely the reason why there are a
couple of derived servers (such as BeroFTPD or the VR patches) now.

> Are there plans for development to continue, or is the 'official' development
> tree dead?

It's been presumed dead a couple of times before (for example, before the
beta-18 release).
But any changes to the official tree will be merged into the derived
servers, as well (if the changes aren't taken from there - I think it's
about time for the official tree to take over the realpath() changes.
Currently, the official tree has a major security problem) - so using one
of them should be save.

> Still hoping for a sensible virtual hosting scheme to be rolled into the

Have a look at BeroFTPD - it's been in there for months.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.