Subject: guest accounts...

From: Brian Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:43:13 -0800

I am running Wu-Ftpd beta 18, and I am having problems with guest
accounts on a FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE machine.  I can create accounts, and
everything works dandy.  People can upload files.  However, they are not
able to list the files in their directory, even if chmod'd to 777

I have the bin and etc directories built under these directories to
spec.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:55:47 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Brian Nelson wrote:

> accounts on a FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE machine.  I can create accounts,
> and everything works dandy.  People can upload files.  However, they
> are not able to list the files in their directory, even if chmod'd to
> 777
> 

Porbably missing some device files, or a library.  Check the FAQ.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195