Subject: Is this security policy possible?

From: "Craig Shrimpton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 12:41:47 -0500

Folks,

I'd like to set up access like so:

1) anonymous users can access the server from anywhere
2) real users can access the server only if they are in ftphosts
3) guest users can access the server from the local net *or* remotely if in
the ftphosts file

I've been fooling around with classes but I can't get it to work quite
right.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Craig

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:15:41 -0500 (EST)

> I've been fooling around with classes but I can't get it to work quite

1) ftphosts is checked before class is determined.  Depending on what
   you're trying to do, ftphosts may not even be required.

2) order is important; both in ftphosts and ftpaccess

For specific hints, I'd need specific examples or what you do / do not
want to happen.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195