Subject: realpath conflict

From: Omar Keblawi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:56:07 -0800

Hi,

I'm having difficulties compiling wu-ftp on sparc solaris 2.6.

The conflict is that realpath is declared in /usr/include/stdlib.h
as "extern" differently than that in "extensions.c" and "fptd.c"

How should I correct the problem?  Detail instructions would be 
much appreciated, since I don't normally "play" with these things.

Thanks,
Omar

ftpsrvr# make ftpd
gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support   -c ftpd.c -o ftpd.o
ftpd.c:143: conflicting types for `realpath'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:180: previous declaration of `realpath'
make: *** [ftpd.o] Error 1

It's conflicting with this file....

/usr/include/stdlib.h
extern char *realpath(const char *, char *);
extern char *realpath();

/export/home/local/src/wu-ftpd-2.4-academ/src
ftpsrvr# grep realpath *
extensions.c:    (void) realpath(".", cwd);
extensions.c:  if ((realpath(path, cwdir)) == NULL) {
extensions.c:      if ((realpath(path, cwdir)) == NULL) {
ftpd.c: *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
ftpd.c:        realpath(logname ? logname : name, namebuf);
ftpd.c:        realpath(name, namebuf);
ftpd.c:        realpath(name, path);
realpath.c:realpath(char *pathname, char *result)