Subject: Solaris 2.6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:29:55 -0600

Hello,

Our goal is to setup guest FTP on  a Solaris 2.6 Server SPARC Platform Sun
E5000.  We don't have a compiler so we downloaded the gnu-gcc 2.7.2.3
compiler. We have a bit of a catch-22 because this gcc compiler file is
gzipped. We downloaded the gzip source, but of course it needs to be
compiled.

Is there anywhere we can get the gzip binaries or some utility to
decompress the gnu-gcc 2.7.2.3 compiler?

Thank you for any suggestions you have.

Nathan

---

From: "Gjermund Sørseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 02:38:03 +0100 (MET)

> decompress the gnu-gcc 2.7.2.3 compiler?

Yes, www.sunfreeware.com is the place you are looking for.

-- 
Gjermund Sørseth