Subject: names in ftphosts

From: Service ISK <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:24:02 +0100

hello

how do I have an volume name for more than one user in ftphosts? I
have users like "cw..." and want only one entry in that file. "allow
cw* *" doesn't work.

Any idea?

Regards
Sigi.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:38:40 -0500 (EST)

> have users like "cw..." and want only one entry in that file. "allow

You are running 2.4, you should upgrade to 2.4.2 (beta-18).

I don't know what 2.4 did.  In beta-18 (certainly more advanced that 2.4)
you can use either a full name or an asterisk ('*').  you cannot use globs
(ie., 'cw*' meaning anything starting with 'cw').

Most of your problems will be solved by upgrading to 2.4.2 beta-18.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195