Subject: Download progress bar in Netscape

From: Robin Breyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 15:06:07 +0100

Hello,

I'm using Wu-ftp 2.4.2 (Beta17) on a Solrais 2.5.1 machine without
any problems so far.

But recently I got a call, that users who are downloading files
with Netscape Navigator from my site don't get a download-progress 
bar, as they do get from many other sites.

I figured, that netscape might do a "ls -l" or a "dir" to get
the actual filesize and checked both comands. Both work fine,
ls is static linked and I cann't imagine any problem here.

Does anyone know what causes Netscape Navigator to the get the
filesize as "unknown"?

		Robin
-- 
   _________________________________________________________________
  /                                                                 \
  |   Robin Breyl               Geno RZ                             |
  |  -------------                                                  |
  |                             Saonestrasse 3a                     |
  |                             60528 Frankfurt am Main             |
  |                                                                 |
  |   E-Mail (Office):          [email-masked]           |
  |   E-Mail (Home):                  [email-masked]                |   
  |                                                                 |
  |   Tel.: +49 69 / 75690-369  Fax.: +49 69 / 75690-925            |
  \_________________________________________________________________/