Subject: Solaris 2.6/wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-18](2): ls works but dir doesn't under virtual ftp areas

From: Sanjay Dani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:31:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I couldn't find this anywhere under the faq as a known
bug. Essentially, when connected to a virtual IP address under
this server, ls works but dir doesn't. It does chroot to the
right "virtual I.P.A.DDR root". Any suggestions?

Both commands work if they come in to any IP address on the
server except the ones flagged by the virtual directives.

Thanks!
Sanjay.

PS. Unrelated to the above point: is there a way to disable
the ftpd from logging anonymous connections to the lastlog?

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:06:05 +0100 (CET)

> right "virtual I.P.A.DDR root". Any suggestions?

If you want to stick with wu-2.4.2-b18, you have to copy the ls binary and
the libraries it accesses to all the virtual root directories.

An alternative is to move to BeroFTPD 1.2.1
(ftp://beroftpd.unix.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD), which is an extended version of
wu-ftpd that, among other things, implements the ls command internally.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.