Subject: VR10 compilation error

From: "Scott Parmenter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:12:20 -0800

Hi, everyone,

I recently downloaded the full Beta-18 VR10 source code but can't
compile it.  I'm getting the following errors:

...
Making ftpd.
cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support  -c  ftpd.c
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous
macro at "./config.h", line 22
"ftpd.c", line 2520:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
"ftpd.c", line 3229:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd.o'
...

Looking at the code, I don't see anything wrong.  Looks identical to the
base Beta-18 code which compiled just fine with the same compiler on a
similar machine.  Compiler flags look ok.  I don't see why the L_INCR
macro redefinition would cause a problem.  No other errors or warnings
are generated.  Am I missing something obvious?

Using cc 4.2 on an Ultra 60 running Trusted Solaris 2.5.1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Scott

---

From: "Scott Parmenter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:31:50 -0800

> compile it.  I'm getting the following errors:

Never mind.  Using CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc instead of CC=cc did the trick.

One of these days I'll get my PATH right.  Sigh...

Scott