Subject: FTP root directory (cont)

From: Mauricio Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:24:10 -0600

Hi!!

Thanks to all of you who helped me with my problem. Now all my users access
to their home directory and they can't get out of there. But, I have this
problem now: they can't see any files in the directory. I put an ./etc
./bin ./lib in their directories, but it didn't help. Also tried to chgrp
to ftp, guestftp, ftpguest and the same group name.

What am I missing here??

Thanks a lot!!

Mauricio

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:59:40 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Mauricio Herrera wrote:

> Thanks to all of you who helped me with my problem. Now all my users
> access to their home directory and they can't get out of there. But, I
> have this problem now: they can't see any files in the directory. I
> put an ./etc ./bin ./lib in their directories, but it didn't help.
> Also tried to chgrp to ftp, guestftp, ftpguest and the same group
> name.

Assuming you've got all the bits and pieces in place (which is unlikely
given that it doesn't work) check the file and directory permissions.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195