Subject: Re: Changing LRECL when doing a 'put' to a mainframe

From: "Martin Kerner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 98 21:42:23

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:35:49 -0500, Burton, Mark E wrote:

>I'm using PERL to ftp a file from a UNIX box to MVS on a mainframe.  The
>mainframe has a record length of 133 set as the default in their ftp
>software.  My file is 175 bytes long and gets truncated to 133.  I need
>to be able to override the record length to 175 while doing a 'put' from
>PERL.  Has anyone done this, and do you have an example of the syntax
>for WU-FTP?  I've been hunting for a command that would be equivalent to
>doing the following on the mainframe side if doing a 'get'.  LOCSITE
>LRECL=175.

Use the SITE command. It takes the same parameters as the LOCSITE command
of the MVS FTP client.

If "site" is not recognized by a client, "quote" can be used :
  
   quote site lrecl=175

Note that this does not help when you overwrite an existing file; you must
delete and re-create it.

/martin