Subject: questions on ls and ls -la

From: [email-masked] (Dave Dewyngaert)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:28:12 -0500

Hello,

   I am new to WU and have some questions that I have not been able to find
elsewhere....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently running on solaris 2.5.1

Question 1)  

I would like to give anonymous the ability to do an "ls" and "ls -la"
command on two different directories.

Example:  This is an example of a directory tree.....

/ftp  (anonymous can do ls)  This is where anonymous is logged in...

/ftp/incoming  (anonymous can not do ls...can mkdir and drop files)

There is a directory, which I have already configured for no uploads and no
creation of directories called /ftp/software.  I would like to give
anonymous the ability to do an ls -la here...basically anonymous should be
able to do an "ls" in the default directory and if they cd to
/ftp/software, they should be able to do an ls -la

/ftp/software (anonymous can do ls -la)

If anyone knows of a way to accomplish this, I would be very interested.

Thank You
Dave

[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:58:00 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Dave Dewyngaert wrote:

> I am new to WU and have some questions that I have not been able to
> find elsewhere....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

> command on two different directories.

Unix permissions on the directory will do what you want.  Check out my
example site at:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/examples/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195