Subject: Timeout problems with ftpd

From: Afraz Neikar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:48:25 -0800

Hi,

We are experiencing frequent timeout problems with wu-ftpd. It seems to be a problem when the load is high. We find that there are some old ftpd processes hanging,  
they don't seem to be closed. The total no of connections is set to 180...Any Ideas? 

Thanks
Afraz

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:37:42 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Afraz Neikar wrote:

> We are experiencing frequent timeout problems with wu-ftpd. It seems
> to be a problem when the load is high. We find that there are some old
> ftpd processes hanging, they don't seem to be closed. The total no of
> connections is set to 180...Any Ideas?

First, make sure you running the current version, 2.4.2 (beta 18).  Back,
beta-12 days or so, there were some problems with connections hanging.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195