Subject: Re: regex with ftpaccess?

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:24:56 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Che Tran wrote:

> 1. Does ftpaccess file understand regex? I tried it without success,
> perhaps I'm using the wrong syntax.
> 
> I'm looking to do something from:
> upload /home/users/user1 *     yes     websrv  websrv  0775
> upload /home/users/user2 *       yes     websrv  websrv  0775
> 
> to 
> upload /home/users/* * 	yes	websrv  websrv  0775
> 
> 2. Or can ftpaccess make calls to an external file so the webmaster
> can edit the file without root access, similar to sendmail's
> :include:.
> upload /usr/local/wuftpd/upload.list * 	yes     websrv  websrv  0775
> 
> Basically, all I want to do is changed the ownership of a guest user's
> uploaded file to a different ownership without having to manually
> editing (or even using sed) the ftpaccess file. Is there an easier
> way? Thanks in advance.

What you're looking for cannot be done with the stock WU-FTPD from either
wustl.edu (which you shouldn't be using anyway) or Academ.com.

You need to download and install either BeroFTPD 1.2.1 or WU-FTPD 2.4.2
(beta 18) VR10, both are available at my FTP site:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/

Your first question is implemented by the VR enhancements, which have been
rolled into BeroFTPD as well.  The second is not possible with any version
of wu-ftpd I am aware of (and I rather doubt it'll become available
anytime soon).

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Che Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:50:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi all, I been working on this for several days now but still can find a
solution. 

to 

2. Or can ftpaccess make calls to an external file so the webmaster can
edit the file without root access, similar to sendmail's :include:.        
upload /usr/local/wuftpd/upload.list * 	yes     websrv  websrv  0775

Basically, all I want to do is changed the ownership of a guest user's
uploaded file to a different ownership without having to manually editing
(or even using sed) the ftpaccess file. Is there an easier way? Thanks in
advance.

=== [email-masked] ===