Subject: malloc error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:03:10 +0900

Greg,

I've just tried to ftp download a file from my server (AIX 4.3.1 running
wuftpd ver 2.4.2 beta-18 vr8 aix.3.2.5) using EXCEED as my FTP client. This
is the error message I got :

     451 local resource failure : malloc : Invalid argument

However, using Microsoft FTP, there was no problem.

I reinstalled using wuftpd ver2.4.2 beta-18 vr8 (not AIX 3.2.5 precompiled
version) and still got the same error msg. Again, with Microsoft FTP, there
was no problem.

When I downgraded the wu-ftp version to just wuftpd ver 2.4.2 beta-18, I
didn't encounter the malloc error using EXCEED or MICROSOFT FTP.

Errr.... any ideas????

rgds and thks.

Victor Tan

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

>      451 local resource failure : malloc : Invalid argument

Can you get a log of the commands so I can see what's happening and track
this down?

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195