Subject: I can not login to my wu-ftp server after anonymous setup

From: Henry Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:52:09 +0800

Hi, everybody :

I am a new user of wu-ftp and I am trying to install wu-ftp on my sun sparc machine ( solaris 2.6 ).

after I install wu-ftp , I killed and restart inetd. I can see the login prompt , but can not login to the system.
like below:

#ftp 202.202.202.202 4001
Connected to 202.202.202.202.
220 dev2 FTP server (Version wu-2.4(2) Mon Jun 2 12:37:12 EDT 1997) ready.
Name (202.202.202.203:siteadm): "user"
530 User ftp access denied..
Login failed.
ftp>

note : "user" is the account I create in etc/passwd files.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT'S THE PROBLEM, 

THANKS

The file structure of /export/ftp ( ~ftp ) are like below :

dev2# ls -Rl
.:
total 12
dr-xr-xr-x   2 bin      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 bin
dr-xr-xr-x   2 bin      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 dev
dr-xr-xr-x   2 bin      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 etc
dr-xr-xr-x   2 bin      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 pub
drwxrwxrwx   2 ftp      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 tmp
dr-xr-xr-x   3 bin      other        512 Oct 26 17:02 usr

./bin:
total 36
---x--x--x   1 root     other      17440 Oct 26 17:02 ls

./dev:
total 0
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       11, 42 Oct 12 14:34 tcp
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       13, 12 Oct 12 14:34 zero

./etc:
total 8
-r--r--r--   1 root     other        290 Oct 26 17:02 group
-r--r--r--   1 root     other       1064 Oct 26 17:02 netconfig
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        168 Oct 27 09:33 passwd

./pub:
total 0

./tmp:
total 0

./usr:
total 2
dr-xr-xr-x   2 bin      other        512 Oct 27 09:15 lib

./usr/lib:
total 5500
---x--x--x   1 root     other     174844 Oct 26 17:02 ld.so.1
-r--r--r--   1 root     other    1000252 Oct 26 17:02 libc.so.1
-r--r--r--   1 root     other       4320 Oct 26 17:02 libdl.so.1
-r--r--r--   1 root     other       2468 Oct 26 17:02 libintl.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      19304 Oct 27 09:14 libmp.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       6732 Oct 27 09:14 libmp.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      19304 Oct 27 09:14 libmp.so.2
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     711748 Oct 27 09:15 libnsl.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     711748 Oct 27 09:15 libnsl.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      53656 Oct 27 09:15 libsocket.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      53656 Oct 27 09:15 libsocket.so.1
-r--r--r--   1 root     other       6708 Oct 26 17:02 libw.so.1
dev2#