Subject: Guest Account

From: "Shon Nixon"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 98 12:35:06 -0500

I have created the guest account as per instructions. I can log in with the user
account without a problem. I can not however see anything in the directory or
upload/download from it. This is being done with CuteFTP client. The directory
is set chmod 775 as per instructions. Any help would appreciated.

Shon

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 13:25:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Shon Nixon wrote:

> I have created the guest account as per instructions. I can log in
> with the user account without a problem. I can not however see
> anything in the directory or upload/download from it. This is being
> done with CuteFTP client. The directory is set chmod 775 as per
> instructions. Any help would appreciated.

You need to finish setting up the external 'ls' command.  This is a FAQ:

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:37:36 +0200 (CEST)

> is set chmod 775 as per instructions. Any help would appreciated.

You apparently don't have an ls command in that user's chroot structure -
either place a statically linked ls into /home/thatuser/bin, or get
BeroFTPD 1.1.13 which implements ls internally.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.