Subject: netrc?

From: Marvin Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:04:49 -0400 (EDT)

Does wu-ftp support auto logons through use of the .netrc file?
If so, how soes one set it up to work.  I've installed wu-ftp and have it 
working beutifully for remote ftp users.  What I need now is the 
functionality of auto logins to remote servers by local users using 
.netrc files.  We use this for getting edi files.

Thanks

Marvin Weaver
University of Pennsylvania Libraries

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Marvin Weaver wrote:

> Does wu-ftp support auto logons through use of the .netrc file? If so,
> how soes one set it up to work.  I've installed wu-ftp and have it

wu-ftpd doesn't care how the client logs in, just so it does.  you'll have
to read the manpage for ncftp (or whatever client you're using) on how to
set up the client.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195