Subject: BeroFTPD 1.1.13 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:41:41 +0200 (CEST)

BeroFTPD 1.1.13 is in the usual places:
ftp://ftp.aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.croftj.net/usr/bero/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/nir/ftp/servers/BeroFTPD/
ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/BeroFTPD/

Changes this time:

+ Merge VR7 changes (ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd):
  * Extended logging for rejected and failed login attempts
  * Added PARANOID check to deny login if a real user's home directory is
    bad
  * Don't respond to *ANY* commands except USER, PASS and QUIT until the
    remote user logs in successfully.
  * Extended upload and noretrieve to have an optional parameter which
    specifies whether the named file/directory is interpreted as an
    absolute name or relative to the current chroot'd environment.
  * The HELP_CRACKERS patch was too agressive and, if message files were
    defined for 'deny' and 'limit' could tickle bugs in ftp clients.
  * Extend log security
  * Some compatibility fixes
* Work around a gcc optimization bug (noretrieve filename didn't ignore
  the directory, as it ought to); The old BeroFTPD code was correct, but 
  gcc miscompiled it on some platforms.

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.