Subject: SUMMARY: Wu-ftp won't chroot

From: "Jason Kantz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 08:03:04 PDT

The frustrating poblem was this:

Trying to set up guest accounts which have limited access to the file 
system.

I religiously followed all of the great documentation at:
http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/

But wu-ftp would not chroot, and guests had access to the entire file 
system.

The cause of the problem?
A version of wu-ftp (that came on the "latest" Digital Internet Alpha 
Server CD) that was from 1994.

The solution?
Download and compile the latest source found at:
http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd/release.html

Thanks to Gregory A Lundberg and Tom Webster for looking over my 
configuration.

And many thanks to Gernot Salzer for sharing the source code of a 
version of wu-ftp that works on Digital Unix.

Jason Kantz
[email-masked]
Aquinas College
Grand Rapids, Michigan

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com