Subject: BeroFTPD 1.1.12 and kBeroFTPD 1.0.0-pre1 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:16:11 +0200 (CEST)

Just returned from my vacation - and brought you all a nice present ;)

Highlights:
+ Add (EXPERMIENTAL) support for using alternate passwd/shadow files
+ Add (EXPERIMENTAL) support for the HOST command - this enables running
  different virtual servers on the same IP and port.
* Fix detection of symlink capability
* Make internal ls use less memory at a time ("ls -laR /" is no longer a
  problem)
* Fix all important bugs in internal ls
* Speed up internal ls
* Stop ftpck from complaining about "invalid directive"s that are not
  invalid, but new...
* Updates to manpages
* Repeat DNS lookups only if gethostbyaddr returned a recoverable error.
* Code cleanup
* Compatibility fixes (utmp entries)
* Warn if "virtual" command is used in ftpaccess if we're compiled without
  support for virtual hosts
* Permit -X option

This time, I consider the internal ls so stable that I'm using it on my
own servers - it's probably worth a try.

Also, I've put up a pre-release version of kBeroFTPD 1.0.0, a KDE frontend
for generating BeroFTPD's ftpaccess files.

They can be found at the usual places:
ftp://ftp.aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.croftj.net/usr/bero/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/nir/ftp/servers/BeroFTPD/
ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/BeroFTPD/

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.