Subject: mget command failure

From: "Hepp, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:00:22 -0400

Hello all,
Why is my mget command failing for a legal guest user.
mget *.xyz is in a script that gets fired off at the desktop.

Do I need to add glob? How?

Or do I need to make changes to wuftp?
Paul

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Hepp, Paul wrote:

> Why is my mget command failing for a legal guest user. mget *.xyz is
> in a script that gets fired off at the desktop.

'mget' is a client-side thing and not part of the FTP protocol.  The
question is what failed.  Was it that the client couldn't list the
directory contents?

> Do I need to add glob?

No.  It's already in the client.

> Or do I need to make changes to wuftp?

No.  The server can't help with 'mget' but you probably have it set up
wrong.  If it's that the NLST (external ls) command isn't working, check
the FAQ.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195