Subject: RE: ls doesn't give any result

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:22:45 +0300

Hi,

I had such problems when there was not enough files in ~ftp.
For example, ~ftp/etc/netconfig. Or files had not correct access rights.
For example, if the ld.so.1 library has right 111.
So below is my files tree. I hope it's correct.
And my wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta 18 VR8 works fine.

total 5
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     other         512 Oct  6 10:50 bin
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     other         512 Sep 24 11:49 dev
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     other         512 Oct  2 16:15 etc
dr-xr-xr-x   4 root     other        1024 Oct 13 11:18 pub
dr-xr-xr-x   3 root     other         512 Sep 24 11:49 usr

bin:
total 1204
---x--x--x   1 root     other       13212 Oct  5 12:24 compress
---x--x--x   1 root     other       63568 Oct  7 10:14 gzip
---x--x--x   1 root     other      315860 Oct  7 10:14 ls
---x--x--x   1 root     other      811020 Oct  7 10:14 tar

dev:
total 0
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       11,  42 Mar 17  1998 tcp
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       13,  12 May  4  1996 zero

etc:
total 4
-r--r--r--   1 root     other         283 Oct  7 10:50 group
-r--r--r--   1 root     other        1064 Sep 24 11:49 netconfig
-r--r--r--   1 root     other         541 Oct  7 10:53 passwd

usr:
total 1
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     other         512 Oct  5 12:34 lib

usr/lib:
total 1367
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other      112104 Sep 24 11:49 ld.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other      623820 Sep 24 11:49 libc.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other        2644 Sep 24 11:49 libdl.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       14060 Sep 24 11:49 libintl.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       14732 Oct  5 12:34 libmp.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other      478396 Oct  5 12:32 libnsl.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       67928 Oct  5 12:33 libsocket.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       44848 Sep 24 11:49 libw.so.1

Librarys can have the following rights:
ld.so.1 only read for everyone 444,
the rest libraries only execute 111
On my mind it's more correct.

Sincerely,
Alexander Velichko

> ----------
> From: 	Anne Sauvage[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	22 ÏËÔÑÂÒÑ 1998 Ç. 23:52
> To: 	Liste WU ftp
> Subject: 	ls doesn't give any result
> 
> High,
> I am running wu-ftp on Solaris. For an ftp anonymous user, the /bin/ls
> command doesn't give any error but doesn't give any result either. May
> be I made a mistake with the rights of the bin dev etc and usr
> directories.
> Thanks for your help.
> -- 
> 
>                  Anne Sauvage
>                  GAMSAU - MAP
>         Ecole d'Architecture de Marseille
>  184 av de Luminy - 13288 Marseille Cedex 09
> tel : 04 91 82 71 62/70 - fax : 04 91 82 71 71
>