Subject: Help

From: Anne Sauvage <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:08:38 +0200

Hello,
A year ago, we installed wu-ftp with anonymous user count (read-write in
incoming). Last week we were used by pirats as an intermediate site. So
we decided to allow writing in incoming only to a specific user called
mapftp, with password. I have created with a restricted shell (like
ftponly). If I use ws_ftp to test, I get "access denied" for this user
mapftp. What is wrong?
Thanks for you help

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:16:36 -0400 (EDT)

> ftponly). If I use ws_ftp to test, I get "access denied" for this user

You're using a special shell.  Did you add it to /etc/shells?  Otherwise,
check the setup and read the FAQ; and give a bit more detailed description
if you re-post for a followup.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195