Subject: BeroFTPD 1.2.0 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:02:06 +0100 (CET)

I've just released a new stable version of BeroFTPD, 1.2.0.
It can be downloaded from the usual places:
ftp://ftp.beroftpd.unix.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.croftj.net/usr/bero/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/nir/ftp/servers/BeroFTPD/
ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/BeroFTPD/

This version fixes a major security bug; everyone using a previous version
should upgrade as soon as possible.
This is also the first stable version with all the new features from the
1.1 tree:
+ working internal ls
+ support for FEAT/OPTS/HOST
+ support for virtual passwd/shadow files
+ VR* patches for wu-ftpd applied (up to VR9)
+ speedups and bugfixes

Changes (since 1.1.15):

v1.2.0
======
+ Add virtual passwd/shadow file support for systems that don't have
  fgetpwent()
+ Rewrite realpath(), eliminating a major security problem (buffer
  overrun) present in all prior versions as well as all versions of
  wu-ftpd
* Fix compatibility with glibc 2.1.x based systems

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.