Subject: Problem: 125 Using existing data connection for ..

From: Sandro Morandini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:24:58 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem with wu-ftpd:

ftpd exits after requesting the file list.

OS: USL UNIX System V/386 Release 4.0 Version 3.2

Does somebody have any experiences with that problem?
..or any suggestions how to trace the problem.

Adding ftp session log and truss output after login.

Thank you for any help

... Sandro

ftp session:

4: $HOME > ftp nora01
Connected to nora01.
220 nora01 FTP server (Version wu-2.4(41) Fri Oct 9 17:43:57 MET 1998)
ready.
Name (nora01:morandin): root
331 Password required for root.
Password:
230 User root logged in.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
125 Using existing data connection for file list.

.... exit of ftpd process

^C
226 Transfer complete.

ftp> quit

5: $HOME >

Truss output after login:

read(0, 0x8002C4C8, 512)        (sleeping...)

... trying to list files

read(0, " P O R T   1 3 9 , 7 9 ,".., 512)      = 26
alarm(0)                                        = 843
time()                                          = 907948279
getpid()                                        = 7513  [ 4213 ]
putmsg(3, 0x08046FF0, 0x08046FFC, 0)            = 0
write(1, " 2 0 0   P O R T   c o m".., 30)      = 30
sigaction(SIGALRM, 0x00000000, 0x080477D4)      = 0
sigaction(SIGALRM, 0x080477D4, 0x080477B4)      = 0
alarm(900)                                      = 0
time()                                          = 907948279
xstat(2, "O", 0x080477A0)                       Err#2  ENOENT
read(0, " N L S T\r\n", 512)                    = 6
alarm(0)                                        = 900
time()                                          = 907948279
getpid()                                        = 7513  [ 4213 ]
putmsg(3, 0x08046FF0, 0x08046FFC, 0)            = 0
getcontext(0x080674A8)
xstat(2, ".", 0x080477BC)                       = 0
open(".", O_RDONLY, 03)                         = 9
fcntl(9, F_SETFD, 0x00000001)                   = 0
fxstat(2, 9, 0x08047310)                        = 0
getdents(9, 0x0806B85C, 1048)                   = 652
write(1, " 1 2 5   U s i n g   e x".., 51)      = 51
ioctl(0, TCGETA, 0x08046F1E)                    Err#22 EINVAL
getdents(9, 0x0806B85C, 1048)                   = 0
close(9)                                        = 0
write(1, " 2 2 6   T r a n s f e r".., 24)      = 24
write(0, "06\b\r\n06\b\r\n06\b\r\n".., 152)     = 152
close(0)                                        = 0
sigaction(SIGALRM, 0x00000000, 0x080477D4)      = 0
sigaction(SIGALRM, 0x080477D4, 0x080477B4)      = 0
alarm(900)                                      = 0
time()                                          = 907948279
xstat(2, "O", 0x080477A0)                       Err#2  ENOENT
read(0, 0x8002C4C8, 512)                        Err#9  EBADF
write(1, " 2 2 1   Y o u   c o u l".., 37)      = 37
seteuid(0)                                      = 0
fxstat(2, 7, 0x08047768)                        = 0
getpid()                                        = 7513  [ 4213 ]
time()                                          = 907948279
write(7, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0 f t p\0".., 36)      = 36
time()                                          = 907948279
getpid()                                        = 7513  [ 4213 ]
putmsg(3, 0x08046FC8, 0x08046FD4, 0)            = 0
close(8)                                        = 0
fcntl(6, F_SETLK, 0x08045FFC)                   = 0
getpid()                                        = 7513  [ 4213 ]
lseek(6, 0, 0)                                  = 0
read(6, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0".., 4096)     = 4096
kill(7513, SIG#0)                               = 0
lseek(6, 0, 0)                                  = 0
write(6, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0".., 4096)    = 4096
fcntl(6, F_SETLK, 0x08045FFC)                   = 0
close(6)                                        = 0
_exit(0)