Subject: lresolv vs. lbind

From: Alexandre Almeida Wanderley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:20:24 -0300

Hi all,

	Just a simple question:
	I'm right to compile/install wu-ftpd-2.4.2-b18 over SunOS 4.1.4, but 
I'd like to use lbind (bind 8.1.2) instead of the old lresolv that comes with
SunOS. Does it make sense? Or it will not makes any difference to wu-ftpd...?

	Thanks

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Alexandre Almeida Wanderley wrote:

> I'd like to use lbind (bind 8.1.2) instead of the old lresolv that
> comes with SunOS. Does it make sense? Or it will not makes any
> difference to wu-ftpd...?

The daemon won't care all that much.  Personally, I've given up on the
pain of trying to link against the new bind libraries and use whatever the
defaults are on the machine, hoping that it won't make too much
difference.  Never noticed it has.  Someday people might start putting in
code which requires the new features of bind, but until then I don't think
it matters (or at least haven't seen any problems).

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195