Subject: AIX 4.1.5 compilation

From: Thierry Huche <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 12:54:53 +0100

I'm trying to compile wu-ftpd-2.4 on my AIX 4.1.5.0 system with command

# ./build aix

and get following errors:

 Making ftpd.
        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpcmd.c
"ftpcmd.y", line 371.18: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier cmdtab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 383.26: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier sitetab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1057.36: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment
between type
s "void(*)(int)" and "void(*)()" is not allowed.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of print_groups
differs from
 previous declaration on line 683 of "ftpcmd.y".
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-050 (I) Return type "void" in
redeclaration is not
 compatible with the previous return type "int".

make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Cordialement,

Merci d'envoyer les informations a l'adresse EMAIL: [email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:49:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Thierry Huche wrote:

> I'm trying to compile wu-ftpd-2.4 on my AIX 4.1.5.0 system

the current version is 2.4.2, beta-18, and is what you should be running.
2.4 is old, buggy and has some severe security problems.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195