Subject: Q: turn overwrite mode on?

From: "Michael Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:23:35 -0400

Hello,
    I have an ftp user who needs to be able to overwrite files without
having to delete them first. Any help on this would be appreciated!!!
        Michael

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:35:44 -0400 (EDT)

> having to delete them first. Any help on this would be appreciated!!!

short answer: man ftpaccess, look at 'delete' and 'overwrite' way down
under 'Permission Capabilities'.

Watch your site security .. in fact, take a look at it anyway: why could
he delete in the first place?

The exact, best solution depends upon the type (anonymous/guest/real) of
user you're talking about. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:38:45 -0500 (CDT)

man ftpaccess; look for the section on the 'overwrite' parameter. 

   -- Michael