Subject: Where to find bug lists?

From: Jeff Gostin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi! :)

I'm looking for a database of bugs, when they were logged, and which
versions they affect. I know there's FIXED-BUGS-* and POSSIBLE-BUGS files,
but this doesn't tell me what the status of ticket #XYZ is, or what details
are known about the problem it describes.

Is there someplace I can find this information? My thanks, in advance!

				--J

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:17:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Jeff Gostin wrote:

> versions they affect. I know there's FIXED-BUGS-* and POSSIBLE-BUGS
> files, but this doesn't tell me what the status of ticket #XYZ is, or
> what details are known about the problem it describes. 
> 

Stan keeps a database like what you're looking for.  I don't think he
let's anyone look inside it, though.  It's linked to off the Resource
Center.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Jeff Gostin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

> let's anyone look inside it, though.  It's linked to off the Resource

Greg,

	Thank you for the response! :) This spawns another question,
however... Are there "between version" diffs? Actually, here's the -real-
question/issue:

	I've got a copy of v2.4.2-b13 with AFS support built in (there's no
mention in the AFS archives of a later AFS-aware FTP client). What I'm
trying to do is preserve the AFS support while upgrading the core package to
v2.4.2b18. I -don't- have a choice about the AFS support, as it's an
"instutitional requirement". It looks like my only choice in the matter is
to patch 13->14->. . . ->18, a very messy and time consuming process, and
one that I'd rather not have to undertake if there's an easier path.

	The question, then, boils down to: _Is_ there an easier path, or is
the bottom line that I'm going to have to get (create??) a set of patches?

	My thanks, in advance. :)

				--J