Subject: path-filter

From: Stephen Kwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:36:16 -0400

Hi all,

I would like to modify the path-filter to allow filenames with blank spaces
for a guess group.  I tried to modify the path-filter to do this but can't
seem to figure out how to do it.

path-filter  guest      /etc/msgs/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-

I tried adding \s but that didn't work.

path-filter  guest      /etc/msgs/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.\s]*$  ^\.  ^-

Am I missing something?  Any hints?  Thanks

--
Stephen Kwan
[email-masked]
(814)863-2975
http://host46.mrl.psu.edu/~skwan

 -- I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated. --

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:42:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Stephen Kwan wrote:

> I would like to modify the path-filter to allow filenames with blank
> spaces for a guess group.  I tried to modify the path-filter to do
> this but can't seem to figure out how to do it.

you need two things:

First, you'll need a VR3 or later (VR7 is out) patched wu-ftpd.  BeroFTPD
includes these patches.

Second, you'll need to be running Linux .. OR .. you'll need to download
and install the GNU regular expression library librx.  If you're not
running Linux, you'll need to hack the config.h for your system (and
possibly the makefile as well) so it uses GNU librx

Then, you can use [:space:] in path-filter.

An example is given in

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/FIXES-2.4.2-BETA-18-VR3

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195