Subject: site exec?

From: "Marxen, Sara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:02:18 -0700

Hello,

I'm looking for information on site exec - what it does and how to
configure it (if need be)
I've been to the faq and archives and can find people talking about it 
but not any actual documentation on it.  

Thanks in advance for your help,

sara

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Marxen, Sara wrote:

> configure it (if need be) I've been to the faq and archives and can
> find people talking about it but not any actual documentation on it.

'SITE EXEC' attempts to run the given program.  The program is set up much
like 'ls' for anonymous or guest ftp users.  The usefullness of this
feature is virtually NIL unless you have a _very_ specific need for it;
inapropriate use can open your site up to all kinds of abuse.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195