Subject: Multihome server

From: Dustin Cavanaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:15:10 -0700

I need to have ftp service set up such that based on which server the user
logs into, the user will have access only certain things ... 2 ip's, 2
daemons, 1 machine. Sun pointed me to wu-ftp. How's it done?

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:38:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Dustin Cavanaugh wrote:

> I need to have ftp service set up such that based on which server the
> user logs into, the user will have access only certain things ... 2
> ip's, 2 daemons, 1 machine. Sun pointed me to wu-ftp. How's it done?

Read the manpages and the FAQ; most of your questions will be answered
there.  Basically, you need to multihome the machine (Sun can tell you how
to do that), then add 'virtual' clauses to your ftpaccess file.

The base server comes with virtual host support.  If you need finer
control (ie., different ftpaccess files/password lists/etc) on a
per-virtual host basis, check out newvirt-050 or BeroFTPD-1.0.12 which are
both derivatives of wu-ftpd.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195