Subject: Newbee Help Please!

From: Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:34:11 -0700

I am a newbee at this and need some help please!  I have followed the
directions at:

http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.html

to get a guest account setup.  I have a REAL user who is a member of the
specified guestgroup account in ftpaccess and have been able to chroot
into the virtual root directory for this user as specified in my passwd
file.  However, I can not see any of the files that are in the directory
even though all the files have -rw-r--r-- permissions, are owned by the
REAL user and belong to the REAL user group.

System OS - Redhat Linux 5.1
Remote ftp client - WS FTP

What have I done or not done incorrectly to make this algorithm work?

Thank you,

Murrah Boswell
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:46:31 -0400 (EDT)

> REAL user and belong to the REAL user group.

Read the FAQ section on 'My LS doesn't work' or somthing like that .. I
really should READ the FAQ myself, I guess, so I know the section titles
(*blush*)

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195