Subject: Trigger of an executable upon file send complete

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:36:35 +0900

Hi,

does anyone know of how I can assign specific jobs to be executed
immediately after a file has been successfully (or unsuccessfully) sent???

apart from polling for those files which is such a waste of CPU
cycles......

vic

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:44:53 -0400 (EDT)

> apart from polling for those files which is such a waste of CPU

Right now, the only solutions are:
 - have a cron job look periodically
 - write a deamon to watch for files to appear
 - use SITE EXEC and train the user

This is one of the features which will be appearing in a future VR patch.
No idea when I'll do it, probably within the next few months.  If someone
has a patch which they'd like considered, please send it over; it'll speed
the process greatly.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195