Subject: Solaris 2.6 and ls (summary)

From: Michael Will <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:44:39 -0400

Some one E-mailed me asking for the same information that I was seeking
along with those who also E-mailed me with responses to my question.

In general my question was dealing with Solaris 2.6 and the ls problem,
where everything seemed to be working fine, "ls" would work but clients
that used "dir" failed.  I thought I had copied over the libraries it
needed but I didn't.

The trick to figure out what was needed, was to figure out how to use the
'truss' command along with 'ldd'.  Once I got truss working, it stepped me
through what was missing and everything went well.

The following files where needed for me: ( I believe I have the permissions
set okay)

/usr/lib
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other     174844 Sep 18 11:22 ld.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other    1000252 Sep 18 11:22 libc.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       4320 Sep 18 11:22 libdl.so.1

Thanks for those who responded and helped.

Michael

--
Michael Will                    |   Voice: (202) 767-9196 Ext. 226
Naval Research Lab Code 8140    |   Fax:   (202) 404-8918
4555 Overlook Ave. SW           |   E-mail: [email-masked]
Washington, DC 20375		|   Skypage: 1-800-SKY-PAGE #1528803

Key fingerprint =  B5BC B3BB 8995 D642 309F  9A12 9C4F D4A2 9774 DD13