Subject: permission on directory create under guest account.

From: "Marco Bano" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:53:33 +0200

Hi,

When I create a directory on ftp using a guest account ... there is no way to force the permission on that directory like with when you create files.
On the ftpaccess 

upload /ftp/gio/    pub  yes ftp ftp 0664 dirs

the mask doesn't work for directories. 

any ways?

wuftp version 2.4.2-17

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:28:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Marco Bano wrote:

> When I create a directory on ftp using a guest account ... there is no
> way to force the permission on that directory like with when you
> create files. the mask doesn't work for directories. any ways?

The VR patches include a new feature for this.  Get then from:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/

The current version is VR7.  VR8 is due out the end of the month.  Read
the FIXES files for a complete list of all bugfixes and new features
added.

Precompiled binaries for BSDI, Linux/Intel and Solaris/Sparc are also
available at the site.

> wuftp version 2.4.2-17

You should upgrade anyway.

-- 

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195