Subject: -X option (and bugfix for BeroFTPD)

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:42:09 +0200 (CEST)

> From: Nathan Neulinger <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
>
> The -X option (log transfers to syslogs instead of xferlog) is in the 
> case structure in ftpd.c and in the man page, but is not in the getopt, 
> so it isn't usable.

Definately last thing before my vacation, I've released a fix to address
this.
It can be downloaded from

ftp://ftp.linux.net.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD/fixes/
ftp://ftp.croftj.net/usr/bero/BeroFTPD/

If you don't want to use -X, there's no need to apply the patch.

The same problem is present in the other wu-ftpd versions (2.4.2-beta18,
VRx, newvirt); the patch to BeroFTPD should apply cleanly to the VR
version. In any other version, replace the line [in ftpd.c]

    while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, ":aAvdlLiot:T:u:")) != -1) {

with

    while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, ":aAvdlLiot:T:u:X")) != -1) {

LLaP
bero

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:18:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> version.

This is not true.  This was an error in Bernard's porting the VR? patches
into his version of wu-ftpd.  The VR? patches already include the -X
option on the command line.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195