Subject: BeroFTPD 1.1.9 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:07:20 +0200 (CEST)

I have just released BeroFTPD 1.1.9.
As long as you don't use the internal ls command (--disable-internal-ls),
this version is stable; if I don't hear of any bugs, it will be released
as 1.0.11 with the internal ls command disabled by default.

It can be downloaded from the usual locations:

ftp://ftp.aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.croftj.net/usr/bero/BeroFTPD/
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/nir/ftp/servers/BeroFTPD/
ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/BeroFTPD/

Changes this time:
* Fix SunOS compatibility
* Fix several bugs in the internal ls command
* Fix compilation bug for ratios caused by the VR6 patches
* Fix typo in configure.in
* Install ftpck, ftpshut, ftprestart and ckconfig to sbindir rather than
  bindir
* Make ftpck check ftphosts only if support for host access is compiled in
  (--disable-hostxs)
* Make a missing ftpservers a WARNING rather than an ERROR in ftpck -
  after all, we can compile with virtual host support without using it...
* Make missing system accounts in ftpusers a WARNING rather than an ERROR
  in ftpck - it might be a security leak, but it might also make some
  sense.
* Include config.h in dependencies for every file, so every file is
  recompiled after a configure with different parameters
* Fix a possible buffer overrun in the internal ls for usernames longer
  than 8 characters
* make install now installs the ftprestart.8 manpage
+ Add --enable-numeric-uids option (see INSTALL)
+ Add support for Kerberos5 and AFS authentication.
+ Add "log security" option to ftpaccess so we can log attempts to violate
  security restrictions (noretrieve, .notar, ...)

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.