Subject: y2k / [u,w]tmp fixes

From: "Michael Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:21:34 -0400

Hello all,
    I'm running wu-ftp on Solaris 2.5.1 with a combination of real and guest
users, no anonymous ftp. All works perfectly, but I would like to replace
the binaries with ones compiled with y2k patches made. I also have read
about a bug with utmp or wtmp.
    Can I just download the latest rev ( is there a way to determine current
rev? When I downloaded the source code I used it wasn't labeled as to which
rev it is), make the changes to the source code as outlined in the FAQ for
the y2k fix, and replace the current binaries without messing up my
configuration? What do I need to do about the utmp/wtmp issue?
        Thanks,
            Michael

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

> configuration? What do I need to do about the utmp/wtmp issue?

What you want is wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18.tar.Z from Academ.  The Y2K and
wtmp stuff should all be ok there.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195