Subject: Static ls for Solaris 2.6

From: Tulan Shah <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:52:55 +0100 (British Summer Time)

I am trying to compile a static version of ls for use with
wu-ftp 2.4.2 BETA 18 as downloaded and compiled from

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/

on the 11 September. 

I have tryed to compile fileutils3.1.6 as in the document at
http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/support/static-ls.how-to

I apply the patch fine but the compile fails. Is this because this 
version was designed for use with 2.5.1?
I am using Suns cc.
would gcc give me more of a chance. The output from the compiler is in 
the attachment.

Any help would be great. I am not too good at c yet but it seems that 
the compiler does not understand the flags it has been sent.

Thanks

Tulan

----------------------
Tulan Shah
Design Information Group
83 Woodland Road
0117-928-8914
http://www.dig.bris.ac.uk/staff/tulan/

# make
make all-recursive
Making all in lib
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
etdate.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c p
osixtm.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
etopt.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
etopt1.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c a
rgmatch.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c b
ackupfile.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c d
irname.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c f
ilemode.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c f
ull-write.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
etversion.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c i
dcache.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c i
sdir.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c l
ong-options.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c m
akepath.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c m
odechange.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c p
ath-concat.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
afe-read.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
ave-cwd.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
avedir.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
tripslash.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c u
serspec.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c x
getcwd.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c x
malloc.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c x
strdup.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c x
strtol.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c x
strtoul.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c y
esno.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c r
egex.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c e
uidaccess.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
roup-member.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c r
pmatch.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
tpcpy.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
trndup.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c s
trftime.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c g
etline.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c e
rror.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c o
bstack.c
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c f
susage.c
"/usr/include/sys/vfs.h", line 164: warning: dubious tag declaration: struct sta
tvfs64
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -c m
ountlist.c
rm -f libfu.a
ar cru libfu.a getdate.o posixtm.o getopt.o getopt1.o argmatch.o  backupfile.o d
irname.o filemode.o full-write.o getversion.o idcache.o  isdir.o long-options.o 
makepath.o modechange.o path-concat.o  safe-read.o save-cwd.o savedir.o stripsla
sh.o userspec.o xgetcwd.o  xmalloc.o xstrdup.o xstrtol.o xstrtoul.o yesno.o rege
x.o euidaccess.o group-member.o rpmatch.o stpcpy.o strndup.o strftime.o getline.
o error.o obstack.o fsusage.o mountlist.o
ranlib libfu.a
Making all in intl
Making all in src
cc -Xc -D__EXTENSIONS__ -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/locale\" -DSHAREDIR=\"/usr/
local/lib\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I. -I../lib -I../intl  -static -g -c chgrp.c
cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `chgrp.o'
Current working directory /opt/download/fileutils-3.16/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /opt/download/fileutils-3.16
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'