Subject: password

From: Kitty Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:23:15 -0700

I am running wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on AIX 4.1.4.  I have plans to
upgrade very soon, so please no snide remarks.  I have a question
regarding password authentication.  I may be missing something.  I have
searched the FAQ and found a passwd-check for anonymous users, but what
about real users?  For example, if a user only uses FTP to access their
account on our server, then I want to inform that user when their
password has expired and prompt them to change it.  How would you do
this with WU-FTP?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Kitty Smith
Technical Support Analyst
Wichita State University

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:12:07 -0400 (EDT)

> password has expired and prompt them to change it.  How would you do

The easiest solution is to create a little program to do it (dunno if I'd
try it as a shell script, but it should even work like that), add it to
/etc/shells so it's a valid shell, and tell the user to telnet to my
machine.  After login all they'd be able to do is change their password. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195