Subject: WU-FTP on RedHat 5.0

From: Kyle Hodgson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:40:11 +0000

I ran build lnx, even added the line that a FAQ recommended adding to
makefiles.lnx [ i think].

./build lnx does not complain, although some of the messages are about
trying to make links to /bin/ftpd  [a file I don't have, should I have?]
failed and other such stuff.

Hmmm... is /bin/ftpd just the same ftpd I have been using all along?

Anyways, ./build doesn't complain, but here is the ./build install
output

# ./build install
make args are :
make opts are :
make: *** No rule to make target `bin/ftpd', needed by `install'.  Stop.

This isn't even getting very far...

Anyone have any ideas?

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:11:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Kyle Hodgson wrote:

Which version of wu-ftpd are you talking about?  If it's not beta-18, get
beta-18 first.

> makefiles.lnx [ i think].

I don't know about that line.  I don't need it here.  Make sure you added
it to the correct Makefile, though.

Any time you change the config.<os> or Makefile.<os> file, be sure to
refresh everything:

  sh build clean

then rebuild the daemon

  sh build <os>

> Hmmm... is /bin/ftpd just the same ftpd I have been using all along?

Look carefully, does the message _really_ have a slash at the front of it?
Is it bin/ftpd or /bin/ftpd.

> Anyways, ./build doesn't complain, but here is the ./build install

If you got a complaint about bin/ftpd, you missed a compile error earlier
on. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195