Subject: Problems with uploads and WU-FTP 2.4 (non-beta)

From: Yilmaz Oztanir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:47:14 +0100

Hi Everyone

I am having a little problem with uploads. In my ftpaccess file, I have
several upload definitions for various directories such as:

upload  /usr/local/ftp   /pub            yes  ftpadmin  ftpgroup
0640   dirs

Files can be uploaded fine (with real users). However, wu-ftp doesn't
seem to be setting the owner, group and file mode. This was working
yesterday. I haven't changed anything and I don't know what has gone
wrong. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Yilmaz

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 07:20:27 -0400 (EDT)

> wrong. Has anyone had this problem before?

Years and years ago, probably.

You should upgrade to beta-18 as soon as possible.  The 2.4 version is
full of security holes and shouldn't be used on any server attached to the
Internet.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195