Subject: WU-FTPD compile on HP-UX 10.10 trusted System

From: [email-masked] (Ingar Cheung)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:48:26 -0500

I am in the process of compling WU-FTPD on a HP 10.10 system trusted system.  
I have nevered complied before and the instructions are not clear.  I am 
unable to locate the book Managing Internet Services.     This O-Reilly book 
is no longer in print.    I have configure a pre-compiled version of WU-FTPD 
2.4.2 beta 13 on my box.    Now I am trying to install the newer version 
2.4.2.beta 18 since it supports trusted systems.     Do you have advice on how 
to proceed?  Does anyone know where I can get the compiled WU-FTPD excuteables 
for HP-UX 10.10 trusted system?     Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Ingar Cheung
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:01:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Ingar Cheung wrote:

> I am in the process of compling WU-FTPD on a HP 10.10 system trusted
> system.  I have nevered complied before and the instructions are not
> clear.  I am unable to locate the book Managing Internet Services.  This
> O-Reilly book is no longer in print.  I have configure a pre-compiled
> version of WU-FTPD 2.4.2 beta 13 on my box.  Now I am trying to install
> the newer version 2.4.2.beta 18 since it supports trusted systems.  Do
> you have advice on how to proceed?  Does anyone know where I can get the
> compiled WU-FTPD excuteables for HP-UX 10.10 trusted system?  Any help
> would be appreciated? 

1) Read INSTALL, really.
2) run 'sh build clean' just to be sure there's no grunge about
3) run 'sh build hpx' to compile the daemon
4) run 'sh build install' to install the daemon (I do it by hand myself)

If you have problems, read the FAQ before posting.  It contains the
answers to most problems you'll have.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195