Subject: Re: how to debug wu-ftpd program???

From: Korry Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:12:32 -0700

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Korry Nguyen wrote:
>
> > What is the best way to debug a client/server program??? Especially,
> > WU-FTPD....
>
> We could probably be of more help if you told us what exactly you want to
> debug...
>
> LLaP
> bero
>

Instead of read/write, I added a function to use asynchronous io read/write....
Here are the message when I sent data:

200 PORT command successful.
---> RETR bigfile
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for bigfile (262144000 bytes).
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

error message on syslog:
Aug 14 11:55:26 plum ftpd[6727]: exiting on signal 22

I just want know why the connection closed??? Where is the problem???
I'm running on solaris 2.6.... Thanks..

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:02:12 -0400 (EDT)

> I just want know why the connection closed??? Where is the problem???

the connection closed because the server died.  signal 22 is the fatal
error which killed the program.  as I read it, signal 22 means the program
tried to write to a background terminal (connection) and didn't catch the
signal telling it that the background terminal was ready for more.  I'd
say that means your patches kicked off the I/O but you forgot to add the
signal handler so you'd know when the next I/O could go ahead.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195