Subject: wu-ftpd2.4.2.beta18 on solaris2.6

From: Korry Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:45:59 -0700

Hi,

I'm running wu-ftpd2.4.2beta18 on solaris2.6... While transfered data,
here are the messages from the console:

Aug 11 14:02:01 plum /usr/dt/bin/rpc.ttdbserverd[415]: NetISAM: read
failed: req
uested 1024 bytes, got 0
Aug 11 14:02:01 plum ToolTalk/ISAM[415]: Fatal error: read failed:
requested 102
4 bytes, got 0 - No such file or directory
Aug 11 14:02:01 plum inetd[151]: /usr/dt/bin/rpc.ttdbserverd: Hangup
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: glm1:    Cmd (0x604a05c0) dump for Target 1
Lun 0:
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: glm1:        cdb=[ 0xa 0x8 0xee 0xe0 0x20 0x0
]
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: glm1:    pkt_flags=0x4000 pkt_statistics=0x60
pkt_sta
te=0x7
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: glm1:    pkt_scbp=0x0 cmd_flags=0x1860
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@1,1 (glm1):
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix:  Connected command timeout for Target 1.0
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@1,1 (glm1):
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix:  Target 1 reducing sync. transfer rate
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@1,1/sd@1,0
(sd16):
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix:  SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset':
retrying comm
and
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@1,1/sd@1,0
(sd16):
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix:  SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout':
retrying co
mmand
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@1,1/sd@2,0
(sd17):
Aug 11 14:08:35 plum unix:  SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset':
retrying comm
and

It seems the controller hungup then reset... Here are the display from
vmstat 10:

procs     memory            page            disk          faults
cpu
 r b w   swap  free  re  mf pi po fr de sr aa dd f0 m0   in   sy   cs us
sy id
 0 0 0 515264  1216   0   2 9478 9452 9452 0 0 0 3 0 172 2557 3072 738 3
97  1
 0 0 0 515256  1280   0   1 9150 9164 9181 0 9 0 1 0 166 2626 2997 700 3
93  4
 0 0 0 515208  1376   0   0 9420 9422 9422 0 0 0 0 0 171 2634 3058 704 2
97  1
 0 0 0 515208  1056   0   0 2042 2002 2004 0 0 0 0 0 37 626  758  181  0
21 78
 0 0 0 515184   952   0   0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  131  124   48
0  0 100     <---- hungup here
 0 1 0 515160   968   0   3  4  0 16  0  6  0  0  0  0  182  191   67
0  1 99
 0 1 0 515080  1000   0   0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  220  227   77
0  1 99
 0 1 0 515056  1088   1   8 29 54 136 0 30  0  6  0  0  179  251   87
1  1 98
 0 1 0 514680  1400   0   1  7  0  0  0  0  0  1  0  0  136  220   57
2  0 97
 0 1 0 514672  1304   0   0  3  1  1  0  0  0  1  0  0  133  183   51  2
10 88     <---- after reset, transfer continued
 0 0 0 514608  1456   1   0 6391 6435 6435 0 0 0 5 0 116 1785 2265 554 2
66 31
 0 0 0 514568  1568   0   0 9382 9382 9382 0 0 0 0 0 170 2719 3143 730 2
96  2
 0 0 0 514576  1328   0  30 8426 8372 8378 0 0 0 8 0 150 2525 11566 742
7 92 1
 0 0 0 514560  1280   0   0 9164 9179 9211 0 7 0 3 0 166 2556 3020 752 2
94  4
 0 0 0 514560  1464   0   5 9296 9248 9248 0 0 0 5 0 168 2580 3173 746 4
96  1
 0 0 0 514584  1096   0   0 8541 8540 8540 0 0 0 0 0 155 2575 2948 742 3
90  6
 0 0 0 514512  1000   0  27 8851 8836 8871 0 8 0 7 0 160 2553 3127 757 4
93  3
 0 0 0 514576  1176   0   0 9304 9304 9304 0 0 0 0 0 168 2687 3142 707 3
96  1

Is anybody running into this problem???
Also, I would like to get the optimum transfer with disk striping(RAID
0) using wu-ftpd... How could I go about getting wu-ftpd to know the
number of disks striped???? With solaris2.6, can I modify with the
ability to use directio() with largefile????
Thanks for your help....

Korry,

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

> here are the messages from the console:

[snipping a bunch of I/O problems]

> Is anybody running into this problem???  Also, I would like to get the
> optimum transfer with disk striping(RAID 0) using wu-ftpd... How could I
> go about getting wu-ftpd to know the number of disks striped???? With
> solaris2.6, can I modify with the ability to use directio() with
> largefile????  Thanks for your help.... 

WU-FTPD shouldn't care about the underlying architecture.  I'd say you've
got a hardware failure, a problem in the RAID array somewhere, or an OS
configuration problem.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195