Subject: How can a chroot user admin public ftp

From: TTSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 21:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	I have a user, who is on our system as :

tuc:*:502:100:Scott J. Ellentuch:/home/./tuc:/usr/bin/false

	So, he's chrooted into there.  HOWEVER, he's asked to
distribute software out of the ~ftp area.  I'm not near my 
Managing Internet Information Systems manual.  I was wondering
how I go about letting him admin some of the ftp area without
opening it wide open, as well as letting him into his own area.
If it takes 2 ID's, thats fine.

			Tuc/TTSG

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:28:11 -0400 (EDT)

> If it takes 2 ID's, thats fine.

I'd set 'private yes' in ftpaccess, and create a special group password
for him.  To admin the site, he'd use anonymous ftp.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195