Subject: Re: Regarding about setting up Anonymous FTP service

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> I saw one of the book that they recommended should copy some files from
> /usr/lib into ~ftp/usr/lib But what kinds share libraries files i need
> to put in there. What if in my /usr/lib doesn't include the files that i
> need, where can i get them. 

Which libraries are needed varies from system to system.  On some systems,
there are commands which will tell you which libraries are needed by the
'ls' command.  truss on Solaris, ldd on Linux, etc.  In general, the FAQ
contains instructions on how and what is needed to set up your anaonymous
and guest-user ftp site.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:25:51 -0400

HI all,
I saw one of the book that they recommended should copy some files from /usr/lib
into ~ftp/usr/lib
But what kinds share libraries files i need to put in there. What if in my
/usr/lib doesn't include the files that i need, where can i get them.

Thanks