Subject: wu 2.4 (2) and Solaris 2.6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:35:43 -0400

I have been running wu-ftpd version 2.4 (2) for a while with no problems
under Solaris 2.51 on an Enterprise 3000.  I am gathering information about
upgrading to the new version of Solaris 2.6.  First are there any potential
problems with this and Second will I have to recompile or will the same 
binaries work. 

Thanks 

Jonathan Crabtree
System Admin 
UNC Chapel Hill IRSS
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:47:02 -0500 (CDT)

Your FTP version is horribly out of date, and there are known security
problems with it.  You should consider upgrading ASAP to the lastest
version below.  It has a number of bug and security fixes; I think you
will find it much more stable. 

   -- Michael

> problems with this and Second will I have to recompile or will the same 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents on the academ.com site, , but get the file anyway.
It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.