Subject: Compilation Problems

From: Edgar Galicia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:44:18 -0600

I am having some  problems compiling wuftpd 2.4 for solaris 2.5.1
using GCC(GCC2721). this is my output:

I have tried about as much back tracking as I can and seem to get
nowhere. Granted, I havent been that patient, but I have  a deadline to
meet and Im running shy on time to really get down to the root of the
problem. I was hoping for a quick fix and was assuming that this might
be  common answerable problem.

when using the build sol command, this is what I get:

make args are : 
make opts are :  

Linking Makefiles.

Making support library.
gcc -g -DDEBUG   -c fnmatch.c
gcc -g -DDEBUG   -c strcasestr.c 
gcc -g -DDEBUG   -c strsep.c
gcc -g -DDEBUG   -c authuser.c
In file include from authuser.c:7:
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46:  warning: `struct in_addr` declared inside
parameter list
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46:  warning: its scope is only this definition
or declaration,
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46:  warning: which is probably not what you
want.
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46:  warning: parameter has incomplete type
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:49:  warning: parameter has incomplete type
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:50:  warning: parameter has incomplete type
rm -f libsupport.a
ar cq libsupport.a fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o authuser.o 
touch libsupport.a

I install the server of ftpd but this send the following error to
directory /var/adm/messages this is in all moment

Aug  4 16:57:16 titan ftpd[17861]: sleeping: fcntl lock of pid file
failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

> I am having some  problems compiling wuftpd 2.4 for solaris 2.5.1

Woah.  Start by getting the current version: wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195