Subject: limiting connections

From: Grant Beattie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 20:19:27 +1000

I imagine this is a reasonably FAQ, but it doesn't seem to work. My
/etc/ftpaccess looks like:

class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

limit   all   1   Any              /etc/msgs/msg.dead

log commands real
log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

However nothing is logged, nor is any limiting done on the number of
connections. I grabbed this straight out of the example man page.

The location of the file is correct (I used #define USE_ETC).

What am I doing wrong?

g.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 07:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

> connections. I grabbed this straight out of the example man page.

Add '-l' to the ftp line in inetd.conf to tell the daemon to log stuff.  I
know, silly, but you gotta tell it twice.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: "Cassandra M. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using wu-2.4.2-b18 had a similar problem.  I was missing a "-a" option
that makes wu-ftpd parse the ftpaccess file.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cassandra M. Perkins		     | People usually get what's coming to |
| Network Operations		     | them... unless it's been mailed.    |
| The Loop Internet Switch Co., LLC  |		-fortune		   |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------