Subject: BeroFTPD 1.1.3 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 02:48:55 +0200 (CEST)

I've just released BeroFTPD 1.1.3 - major change this time is that Kent
Landfield's newvirt patch has been adapted and merged in.
Since the internal ls command (still experimental) can now be disabled,
I'd say 1.1.3 is stable.

1.1.3 can be downloaded from
ftp://linux.net.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD/BeroFTPD-1.1.3.tar.gz

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.

---

From: Tomasz Rys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:56:52 +0200

Hi Bernhard,

1. configure script

line 1176 generates error on Solaris. "==" operator. It should be
aletered to something like that:

if test "$AR" =  "NO"; then 

2. on x86 solaris 2.5.1 make generates the following error:

gcc -g -O2 -I.. -I../support -c -o logwtmp.o logwtmp.c
logwtmp.c: In function `wu_logwtmp':
logwtmp.c:98: `fdx' undeclared (first use in this function)
logwtmp.c:98: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
logwtmp.c:98: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `logwtmp.o'
Current working directory /export/home/rys/c/BeroFTPD-1.1.3/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
solaris%  

regards,

-- 
*------------------------------------------------------------------*
+ Tomasz Rys, Clico Hi-Tech Software Promotion Center, Ltd.        +
+ Al. 3-go Maja 7, PL30-063 Krakow, Poland                         +
+ E-mail: [email-masked] Tel: (+48)12-6325166, 12-6343422     +
+ Fax: +48 126323698, Ftp.clico.pl, http://www.clico.pl/           +
+ SunSoft, FTP Software, NetManage, Netscape, Informix, ...        +
*--Please include original in reply -Zalacz oryginal w odpowiedzi -*

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:11:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Tomasz Rys wrote:

> 1. configure script
> 
> line 1176 generates error on Solaris. "==" operator.

Fixed.

> logwtmp.c:98: for each function it appears in.)

Presumably fixed (I don't have a Solaris box to test on - all I can say is
it works on Linux and FreeBSD. If anyone has a spare Solaris x86 CD...).

Please try the patched version:
ftp://linux.net.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD/BeroFTPD-1.1.3-980824.tar.gz
or
ftp://linux.net.eu.org/pub/BeroFTPD/fixes/BeroFTPD-1.1.3-solaris.diff.gz
or checkout the CVS tree.

LLaP
bero