Subject: Re: create ftp area for normal users

From: Nikolai_Vladychevski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 98 13:24:02 -0000

Gregory A Lundberg, [email-masked] at 8/20/98 2:19 PM wrote :

>On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Nikolai_Vladychevski wrote:
>
>> What is the exact procedure to create a separate diretory for my users
>> to use it for ftp? I don't want my users to navigate on the whole system
>> (neither their /home directory), I want to limit them to certain
>> directory, like /ftp for example. I was trying to do it myself and i
>> didn't. So, I would like to know if there is something wroten on this
>> subject. 
>
>Read the FAQ and the guest howto referenced from it.  Complete
>instructions are there.
well, i read the howto. But! It is a really bad idea to use HOME field 
from the passwd file to setup guestgroup accounts. I am running qmail and 
now it doesn't work because it cant find $HOME/Maildir Qmail doesn't 
support /home/user/./dir style, anyone made it work with qmail?

Or, would it be easier to do a modifications in the source code to chroot 
to /ftp whatever user it would be, and thats it?
>
>The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
>directory
> 
>      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
> 
>You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
>of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
> 
>wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
>wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
>wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/
>
>----
>
>Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
>1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
>Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195
>
>

_______________________________________________________
Nikolai_Vladychevskii, [email-masked]
Sold my soul to Java!
Dom Software. +52 (72) 13-2642 Toluca, Mex.

"Only Ice Cream Has 31 Flavors"
_______________________________________________________