Subject: Compi

From: "Srikanth A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:35:03 +0530

Hi all
	I am new to this group. I have compilation problem. I am using gcc2.8.1
When I tried to compile I got this error
sh newvers.sh

gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support  -c  realpath.c
realpath.c:46: conflicting types for `realpath'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:180: previous declaration of `realpath'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `realpath.o'

Every thing else is fine

Can somebody help out in this.
OSver: 5.6(Solaris)
gccver: 2.8.1
wu-ftp: 2.4

Thanks in advance

Srikanth

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:23:28 -0400 (EDT)

> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `realpath.o'

It's important that you say what version of the daemon you're using when
something like this occurs.  From the error, I'd say you're running my
patches to the daemon.  The question is: which level?  First off, my
patches are cummulative; you have to install them all, in order.  This
problem _should_ be fixed with VR5 (for which I've also included a pre-
patched tarball in my ftp site).  If it's not, I need to know.  If you're
trying VR3 or VR4 and don't want to use VR5, you can ix the problem by
adding the following line to end of the src/config/config.<os> file:

#define realpath realpath_on_steroids

then executing:

sh build clean
sh build <os>

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195