Subject: Re: Problem with 'ls'

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:01:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Raphael Pereira wrote:

> I use wu-ftpd to create guest accounts in my computer, but i don´t see
> any archive or directory. I make this setup using "How to setup WU-FTPD
> Guest Accounts". 

Check the FAQ

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Raphael Pereira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 12:47:17 -0300

I use wu-ftpd to create guest accounts in my computer, but i don´t
see any archive or directory. I make this setup using "How to setup
WU-FTPD Guest Accounts".

   I am using Linux Slakware, Kernel 2.0.34.

    Thanks for any information...

    Raphael Pereira

---

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:03:51 +0200 (CEST)

> see any archive or directory. I make this setup using "How to setup

You have to put a *statically linked* ls in every user's home directory
(~user/bin/ls), or a dynamically linked ls along with all libraries it is
using (ldd ls).
Using a statically linked ls is less trouble.

Or, you might want to test the "internal ls" feature found in BeroFTPD
1.1.1 (ftp://aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD/).

LLaP
bero

-- 
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.