Subject: [BETA-18 and VR6] Linux Intel binaries available

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 15:57:28 -0400 (EDT)

I've put pre-compiled binaries for Linux in my ftp site.  This includes
statically-linked binaries for tar, ls, gzip and compress as well as all
programs from the distribution kit for BETA-18.  There is also a
pre-compiled VR6 version of the daemon.  These are all ELF binaries and
known to work with the stable kernel (2.0.* series) although it should
work with any kernel supporting ELF on an Intel architecure.

The binaries are located at:

  ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/binaries/linux/i386/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Stephen Kwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:27:23 -0400

Hi all,

A quick question, I can't seem to get the -W switch to work in standalone
mode.  Is anyone using the -W switch in standalone mode and has gotten it
to work?

I'm running Linux 2.0.35 kernel with wuftpd 2.4.2 beta 18, patch from VR3
up to VR6.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kwan
[email-masked]
(814)863-2975
http://host46.mrl.psu.edu/~skwan

 -- I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated. --

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:25:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Stephen Kwan wrote:

> A quick question, I can't seem to get the -W switch to work in
> standalone mode.  Is anyone using the -W switch in standalone mode and
> has gotten it to work? 
> 
> I'm running Linux 2.0.35 kernel with wuftpd 2.4.2 beta 18, patch from
> VR3 up to VR6. 

I'm using 2.0.33 and it works for me.  -W stops logging the ftp connection
in /var/log/wtmp (ie., you don't see ftp in last(1) output).  Just tested
(um .. oh, yeah, it works .. forgot to kill -HUP inetd :P ).

----