Subject: create ftp area for normal users

From: Nikolai_Vladychevski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 98 09:07:08 -0000

Hi,
What is the exact procedure to create a separate diretory for my users to 
use it for ftp? I don't want my users to navigate on the whole system 
(neither their /home directory), I want to limit them to certain 
directory, like /ftp for example. I was trying to do it myself and i 
didn't. So, I would like to know if there is something wroten on this 
subject.
Thanks in advance
niko

_______________________________________________________
Nikolai_Vladychevskii, [email-masked]
Sold my soul to Java!
Dom Software. +52 (72) 13-2642 Toluca, Mex.

"Only Ice Cream Has 31 Flavors"
_______________________________________________________

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:20:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Nikolai_Vladychevski wrote:

> What is the exact procedure to create a separate diretory for my users
> to use it for ftp? I don't want my users to navigate on the whole system

Read the FAQ and the guest howto referenced from it.  Complete
instructions are there.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195