Subject: guestgroup fishtank system..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:42:20 GMT

Hi,
have Redhat 5.1 (Linux) and am trying to set up wu-ftpd into fishtank-mode 
according to the instructions at that site in the faq. It works fine, just
that when they are logged in they cannot see the files in their directory.
Is this normal?

I'm using ws-ftp's latest melt-into-win95-desktop client to log in, also
tried logging in manually and a 'ls' there works fine and the files are
listed.
If I check the transfer log from within ws-ftp it states that it logs in
and does a 'LIST' (pretty normal - no?) and just recieves nothing back.

Is this a misconfig, or a problem within ws-ftp or wu-ftp?

Re

Martin

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:33:54 -0500 (CDT)

Your 'ls' is not working correctly.  The guest group howto, the FAQ
and the mailing list archives will all help explain how to fix it. 

   -- Michael

> that when they are logged in they cannot see the files in their directory.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents on the academ.com site, , but get the file anyway.
It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.