Subject: Regarding about setting up another user account and treating as Anonymous Account

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:30:09 -0400

Hi All!
I have done setting up the Anonymous Account which allow only go straight to
/home/ftp directory i want, and they could not cd root which is good. Anh i like
to setting up the same thing as the user restrict them to travel other root
directory. But somehow i could not do the same thing as Anonymous Account. I am
using HP-UX. Could anyone know why? If any one give can me some hint.
Thanks

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:43:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> I have done setting up the Anonymous Account which allow only go
> straight to /home/ftp directory i want, and they could not cd root which
> is good. Anh i like to setting up the same thing as the user restrict
> them to travel other root directory. But somehow i could not do the same
> thing as Anonymous Account. I am using HP-UX. Could anyone know why? If
> any one give can me some hint.  Thanks

Read the guest howto in the FAQ

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195