Subject: static version 'ls' still can't be used

From: "gf gfd gdf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:47:50 -0700

I now setup a guest ftp user on solaris 2.5,and I had use file util3.16 and it's static patch,and copy it into 
guest user's  bin/ls,but when guest user ftp into my server,ls still can't work,It's appear "425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,4000): Bad file number"
can you tell me how to do step by step??
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

Now MailCity offers forwarding so you can check your MailCity messages and other e-mail all in one place.  Go to http://www.mailcity.com

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:31:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, gf gfd gdf wrote:

> I now setup a guest ftp user on solaris 2.5,and I had use file util3.16
> and it's static patch,and copy it into guest user's bin/ls,but when
> guest user ftp into my server,ls still can't work,It's appear "425 Can't
> create data socket (0.0.0.0,4000): Bad file number"  can you tell me how
> to do step by step?? 

Sure: open your web browser to the FAQ, click on the instructions for
Solaris are follow the step-by-step instructions there.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195