Subject: guest user problem.

From: "Parris B. Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	Having a problem with using the guest user option in wuftpd. I
have set up everything as the faqs (and mailing lists) say to do, but I
get a wierd ls result. What happens when I log in as the guest user is
that issuing ls, ls -l or dir do not work but doing nlist will. Why is
that? Ls is staticly linked, the test os is FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE, the
production machine is running 2.2.6-RELEASE, stock wuftpd-b17. ALso the
ftpaccess and associated files pass ftpck's checks. 

	Another quirk is that if I cd as the guest user to / (user is
logged into /username as thier initial root) I can no longer get ls output
from even nlist, thats the way it is supposed to work, right? =] CD'ing
back to their initial root works and things are sorta happy. I know I have
probally missed something simple and apologize for bringing up an issue
that looks like its been beaten seven ways to sunday, but I am out of
ideas. Thanks for any help.

-
Parris Wood
 [email-masked].
 [email-masked].

P.S. Feeding nlist and argumenet (nlist -l) does not work for the guest
user but does for a real user.