Subject: BeroFTPD 1.1.0 released

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:31:53 +0200 (CEST)

I have just released BeroFTPD 1.1.0 (EXPERIMENTAL!) to
ftp://ftp.aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD

Since I'm using a linux-kernel like version number system, all 1.1.x
releases will be BETA - if you need a known stable version, stay with
1.0.x.
Since 1.1.x versions are for testing new, experimental features, now is a
perfect time for feature suggestions - send them to
[email-masked].

Changes in 1.1.0 (since 1.0.7 with fixes):
Internal ls command to avoid the overhead + security leaks caused by
starting an external command.

WARNING:
The ls implementation needs the glob() function, which is not defined on
all systems, to work properly.
If glob() is not defined, the standard uses ("ls", "ls file", "ls *") will
work, but things like "ls *.c" will fail (as in, simply claim there's no
match). This will be fixed in subsequent 1.1.x releases.

---
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.