Subject: guest user => fopen warning on AIX

From: Alexandre Almeida Wanderley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:09:32 -0300

Hi all

	I have just started a guest ftp service in our site and everything gone
ok, there wasn't no problem since the compilation from the ftpaccess settings.
And all the test were sucessfully done.
	But, I've getting lots and lost of warnings in my system log file
/var/debug.log everytime the (test) guest user sends a command to the server
(cd, ls, pwd, ...). Warnings this type:

	syslog: fopen on /dev/null failed, errno 2

	I'm running wu-ftpd (version 2.4.2-beta-17) on a risc 6000 with 
AIX 4.1.3. Please, could anybody help me and gime me some idea what is 
happening?

	Thanks a lot

	Alexandre Almeida

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Alexandre Almeida Wanderley wrote:

> Subject: guest user => fopen warning on AIX

Looks like you need to create /dev/null in the guest user's chroot'd area. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195