Subject: BETA 18 and limit problem

From: "Olaf Stroner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:56:06 +0200

I'd like use the limit command in /etc/ftpaccess.

I have defined:

/etc/ftpaccess
limit remote 10 Any0600-0930        /etc/ftpmsg/limit.msg

when the computer time is the range 06.00-09.30 then i get the
follows:

# ftpcount
Service class remote                  -   0 users (  10 maximum)

that's seem's correct.

But when the time is 09.31 and more, then get i the output:

# ftpcount
Service class remote                  -   0 users (no maximum)

I want limit the class of users, but this obvious doesn't.

What is wrong ?

Thank you for the help, best regards

Olaf

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:31:21 +0200 (MET DST)

> I want limit the class of users, but this obvious doesn't.

You have set no limit outside the given hours. To set a limit 'otherwise',
add a line _below_ the one specifying time, like

limit remote 25 Any /etc/ftpmsg/limit.msg

                                            Koos

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)                                Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://web.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/   Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"