Subject: Virtual Hosting Problem when retrieving files though a browser

From: "Fernandez, Elena" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:10:37 -0400

I have setup wu-ftp on an HPUX 10.20 supporting virtual hosting. When a user
tries to download a file directly from the browser (Internet Explorer) user
it's unable to accomplish it. However, if you go to the directory first then
it will let you download files with no problems.

This is what happens on the syslog.

VirtualFTP Connect to: 205.155.129.54
 ftpd[16163]: USER anonymous
 ftpd[16163]: PASS IE30User@
 ftpd[16163]: TYPE Image
 ftpd[16163]: PASV
 ftpd[16163]: RETR /drivers/47xxdisk.exe
 ftpd[16163]: CWD /drivers/47xxdisk.exe

What doesn't it retrieves the files first and then tries to do a CWD? What
is PASV?

I need to be able to pull the files directly from a web site.

Thanks,

Elena

Note: Address is fictituos