Subject: Setting permissions for directory creating ???

From: Jens Wolter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:46:25 +0000

Hello to every wuftpd user!

Can anybody tell me, where i can set the permissions for
a directory when creating it with wuftpd ???

Thanks for every comment...

jens

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 06:35:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Jens Wolter wrote:

> Can anybody tell me, where i can set the permissions for a directory
> when creating it with wuftpd ??? 

In the un-patched server, all you can do is set the umask with the -u
option.  There's been several patches posted over the years to address
this problem.  Most recently, my VR3 set for beta 18 includes this feature
along with several other changes.  It can be had from
ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18-VR3.patch or, if you
want just the permissions patch, you can get Andy Church's patch from the
mailing list archives.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195