Subject: Patches for WU-ftpd and LPmud use

From: Anthony Toft <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:46:20 +0000

I am looking for some patches so that I can use WU-FTP to get files into
my LPmud
directory hierarchy. There are some muds I have seen that have the
ability to set up a user account so that you can type
	lpmud:wizname
And get ther access rights of that wizname.

If anyone has any experience in setting this up on a Linux box I would
be grateful

TIA

Anthony

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:57:26 -0400 (EDT)

> If anyone has any experience in setting this up on a Linux box I would

I did this years and years ago.  Dunno if I still have the patches laying
arround.  I'm quite sure the patches I would have are for version 2.4 and
would need quite a bit of work to get up to 2.4.2-beta-18.  As I recall,
it wasn't that hard to get working.  ISTR that I got the patches
originally from Amylaar's ftp site, but don't know if they'restill there.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Emil Isberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:19:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Anthony Toft wrote:
>my LPmud directory hierarchy. There are some muds I have seen that have
>the ability to set up a user account so that you can type
>	lpmud:wizname

Hmm .. what wuftpd do you want patched?? (Those I have seen before I
updated them was patched version to the original 2.4 wuftpd..)

I updated those patches  (by Thorsten Lockert) to match my configuration
of Solaris2.x and wu-ftpd2.4.2b13 but I should fix some stuff in the patch
(namely lausy initialhandling), rearrange some stuff and update it to
b18 .. 

>If anyone has any experience in setting this up on a Linux box I would

Just because of your email I will do it this night.. :-)

(I cc:ed the list because I will point to some ftp-sites.. it's nice to
have in the archive isn't it?)

My version .. patch and so (old and in a few days new) will be found at
least on:
ftp://ftp.coyote.org/pub/unix/networking/ftp/
(It's nice to have friends.) If that doesn't work...

Well it should be in
ftp://ftp.mds.mdh.se/pub/unix/networking/ftp/
also, but sudden rearrange have moved it ..

(If you can't fins it - I didn't test this links - I put it for a few days
on http://www.mds.mdh.se/~cel95eig/ftp/ )

The original 2.4 version may be found
ftp://ftp.cd.chalmers.se/pub/lpmud/genesis/ftpd/
(I have posted it there, but ..)

The original authors ftpsite is
ftp://ftp.sigmasoft.com/pub/mud/ftpd/
(I have posted it there too...)

-- 
/Emil - will hagve work to do