Subject: compiling problems under solaris 2.6 (patched)

From: Chris Luttrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 18:37:11 -0400

I am having some horrible problems compiling wuftpd 2.4 for solaris 2.6
using GCC. this is my output:

I have tried about as much back tracking as I can and seem to get
nowhere. Granted, I havent been that patient, but I have  a deadline to
meet and Im running shy on time to really get down to the root of the
problem. I was hoping for a quick fix and was assuming that this might
be  common answerable problem.

when using the build CC=gcc sol command, this is what I get:

make args are : 
make opts are :  CC=gcc

Linking Makefiles.
ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical
ln: config/config.sol and config.h are identical
ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical

Making support library.
rm -f libsupport.a
ar cq libsupport.a fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o authuser.o 
touch libsupport.a

Making ftpd.
gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support   -c ftpd.c -o ftpd.o
ftpd.c:143: conflicting types for `realpath'
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.7.2.3/include/stdlib.h:186:
previous declaration of `realpath'
ftpd.c: In function `statcmd':
ftpd.c:1972: `typenames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1972: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpd.c:1972: for each function it appears in.)
ftpd.c:1974: `formnames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1982: `strunames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1982: `modenames' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [ftpd.o] Error 1

Making ftpcount.
gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpcount ftpcount.c
vers.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen 
gcc: vers.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [ftpcount] Error 1

Making ftpshut.
gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpshut ftpshut.c
vers.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen
gcc: vers.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [ftpshut] Error 1

Making ckconfig.
gcc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ckconfig ckconfig.c

Links to executables are in bin directory:
size: bin/ftpd: cannot open
size: bin/ftpcount: cannot open
size: bin/ftpshut: cannot open
size: bin/ftpwho: cannot open
bin/ckconfig: 3976 + 328 + 328 = 4632
Done
-- 
  _____ __ __ _____ __ _____
 /  __/  /  /     /   /    />>chris luttrell>>sr systems engineer>> 
   /             \   _\  \ >>systems manager>>[email-masked]>>
 ____/__/__/__/__/__/____/>>[email-masked]>>212.448.8277>>

---

From: "Ing. Cuauhtemoc Cazares Flores" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:31:24 -0600 (CST)

> bin/ckconfig: 3976 + 328 + 328 = 4632

Change the /usr/include/arpa/ftp.h by the ftp.h in
wu-ftp-2.4/support/ftp.h , and recompiled.