Subject: cannot download wu-ftpd latest version

From: Peter Maurice-Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:32:14 +0100

hi - im trying to download the latest version (beta) of wu-ftpd from

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/

BUT

when i use the netscape browser to access this address i get a popup
saying that the document contains no data ! when i manually try to
ftp to ftp.academ.com i get:

--- include ---
ftp> user [email-masked]
530-  InterLock FTP Gateway: Remote server refused connection (%d)
421  Closing session
530 To connect to a remote site use the "user <remoteuser>@<remotehost>" command
Login failed.
ftp> quit

-- end include --

i really want the latest version so i can compile on solaris 2.6, can
someone advise on what the problem might be?

-- 
Peter Maurice-Jones               e-mail: [email-masked]
Amoco Services Limited            Senior UNIX Systems Administrator