Subject: in old in.fptd can login,while wuftpd can't login

From: zhy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:41:06 +0800

I want to setup guest ftp ,when i compile and install wu-ftpd successful 
on on solaris use port 4001, old in.ftpd still use port 21,but when I
ftp to wuftpd server,after appear wu-ftp  login,all user can't
login,It's appear "user XXX access denied" on screen,while ftp old
in.ftpd,they all can login,please tell me how to solve this problem,I'v
search some FAQ,but
no say this problem,thank you!!!!!

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:11:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, zhy wrote:

> ftp to wuftpd server,after appear wu-ftp login,all user can't login,It's
> appear "user XXX access denied" on screen,while ftp old in.ftpd,they all
> can login,please tell me how to solve this problem,I'v search some
> FAQ,but no say this problem,thank you!!!!! 

You probably need to create the /etc/shells file and add the users' shell
programs to it.  I believe this in the special Solaris section of the FAQ,
btw.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195