Subject: crash of ftpd-2.4

From: Oleg Semenyuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 20:25:00 +0400 (MSD)

Hi netters,

I have installed wu-ftpd-2.4-academ on BSDI BSD/OS 2.1, added nessesary
records to services and inetd.conf, restart inetd after testing.

It seems all OK, but nevertheless I got error: tcpd down after
connection from any site. I can login to ftp server, get ONE file
(by get or mget command), and CONNECTION CLOSED :( Later I can login
once more, get once more ONE file, and connection close again.

When I compiled httpd, I got error with redefined readpath() function,
and disable this function (delete #include <stdlib.h> on srs/config.h)
on system - server has crash after one connection, as I wrote above.
OK, I disable this function in source of ftpd (removed it from
readpath.c), and used system 'readpath()' function - with all the same
result..

Can somebody help me?

More thanks,
Oleg.

sorry my English.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:44:07 -0400 (EDT)

> records to services and inetd.conf, restart inetd after testing.

Start by getting the current version:
  wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-18.tar.Z

Then check the FAQ.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Oleg Semenyuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 20:53:39 +0400 (MSD)

sorry, but "can't find this file" in private directory
(pub/wu-ftpd/private is empty?)

Thank you,
Oleg.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

----

---

From: Oleg Semenyuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:41:29 +0400 (MSD)

2.4.2-academ[BRTA-18] already compiled and work fine. More thanks, all!!
sorry offtopic ;)

Oleg.