Subject: guestgroup trouble beyond b12

From: "Povl H. Pedersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:07:37 +0200

On both my AIX and Linux box, I have lost the guestgroup and /home/user/./
functionality.

Does anybody have any clue why ? I start it out of inetd with -a as an option.

I know for certain that b15, b16 and b17 will not work.

I tried to put the user in the guestgroup'ed group as primary groups, as
well as adding him to the group file.

b12 works! And I have the same behaviour on bot OSs (Linux and AIX 4.1.5).
---
Povl H. Pedersen   -   Chief Technology Officer  -   NetGuide Scandinavia
Phone: +45 8618 1845    Cellular: +45 4093 5511    Fax:   +45 8618 1863
e-mail: mailto:[email-masked]     -    PGP Key ID: 0x8F4BC755

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

Beta-17 works fine for me on Linux.  Check your setup (and check for
typos).  Check the FAQ and the guest howto it references.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

> b12 works! And I have the same behaviour on bot OSs (Linux and AIX 4.1.5).

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195