Subject: Virtual FTP's

From: Kevin Hoffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:56:30 -0400 (EDT)

I have a virtual setup and I want to do like it is setup with the normal
ftp so that all files upload into the incoming directory are owned by
someone other then the ftp daemon so that people can't downlaod unless
they are that user.. It is setup like this in the ftpaccess file for the
normal anonymous

upload  /home/ftp  /incoming     yes     root    daemon  0600 dirs

but when i put in 
upload /home/wixom/ftp.whatever.com /incoming yes root daemon 0600 dirs

It doesn't work? 

Kevin

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:15:38 -0400 (EDT)

> upload /home/wixom/ftp.whatever.com /incoming yes root daemon 0600 dirs

Wild guess .. well not so wild, I ran into this problem from another
direction .. is the upload relative to the chroot'd path?  I had to hack
realpath and a couple other things to anchor it back to the real file
system.  Try this:

upload / /incoming yes kevinh kevinh 600 dirs

and see if the virtual-ftp site works .. DANGER WILL ROBINSON .. this
breaks your ftp site, so take it out after the test.

If the test succeeds, check out the work I did for my patch sets,
specifcally my VR2 set. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195