Subject: wu-ftp on hpux

From: Jim Busch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:22:40 -0400

I would like to use wu-ftpd on a box running hp-ux 10.20.  I downloaded the
binaries and tried to compile it but i received the following error.

Making ftpshut.
        cc -Aa -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support
-L../support -o ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport -lc -lPW
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't open vers.o
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: No such file or directory
*** Error exit code 1

  I looked in the faq and poked around in a couple of other places but
could not find any hpux specific help.  Does anyone have a copy already
complied or know what i may be doing wrong ??  I am compiling on a 720 with
hpux 10.20 with HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 10.20 (S700)
.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James Busch
Regional Systems Administrator
Rapid Design Service
Phone (810) 695-9630
Fax (810) 695-6686

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:43:34 -0400 (EDT)

> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: No such file or directory

Did you use './build hpx' or did you attempt to simply use 'make'?  The
build script creates vers.c and builds the daemon for the local machine.
Read the INSTALL file in the distribution.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195