Subject: Guest account on COL 1.2 w/ wu-ftpd 2.4.2 Beta 15

From: Ron Freidel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:43:43 -0600 (MDT)

Hi

I have been fighting this 'puter trying to configure a guest account. I
can set them up without difficulty, but when I log onto them I can't
see anything, I have been following the howto exactly, I just now set
up mort's account, word for word, when I log onto it I can mkdir, send,
get, cd, etc. But nothing is displayed.

Is there another faq that I can learn more from? Or is there an easier
way? Perhaps there is an additional step required?

Thanks in advance,

Ron
----------------------------------
E-Mail: Ron Freidel<[email-masked]>
Date: 01-Jun-98
Time: 18:43:43

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 23:08:45 -0400 (EDT)

> way? Perhaps there is an additional step required?

What you need is in the FAQ.  You just need to have all the pieces and
parts.  Most likely, you're using shared-library executables and are
missing the libraries, or you're on a machine which needs additional files
(/dev/tcp, stuff like that).

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195