Subject: Re: nodirs argument on upload command doesn't work

From: Ian Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 98 13:34:51 BST

I just tested nodirs in Beta-17 and it works fine. I think
the problem is in your upload line, assuming your ftp users
home directory is /export/home/ftp, try changing your entry:

upload /export/home/ftp/pub /incoming yes ftp nobody 0600 nodirs

to

upload /export/home/ftp /pub/incoming yes ftp nobody 0600 nodirs

Ian Willis
SCO Internet Engineering Group, Watford, UK

---

From: " M. Nour" <" nourmha"@statcan.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 09:24:40 -0400

> Hi,

I have a question concerning part 4. Build the contents of the ~/bin
directory. of thedocument How to setup WU-FTPD Guest Accounts.

the question is about the following commands: cp /.../bin/ls bin

I have not used any dynamic or statically link, I taped cp /bin/ls
/home/users/bin

The problem that I have now, the commands dir does not work for all my
users.

In  IRIX 6.4, /bin/ls is linked to -> /sbin/ls

Would you please indicate if there are any relation between the /bin/ls
and dir commands?

Thanks.