Subject: Ls following links

From: "Themistoklis Kordogiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:42:18 +0300

A while back I've asked if there is a patch for wu-ftpd in order to simulate
the way ls works as far as links are concerned.
On a normal distribution ls will follow a link and if after that you do a
'cd ...' instead of going back to where you came from, you go back one
directory according to the normal directory structure.

At that time somebody sent me a URL for a patch that would do exactly
that(sorry for not remembering the name!, but I still have mail somewhere in
my mailbox! And I'm too bored to search now :) ). What I was wondering is if
there is a plan for wu-ftpd to support directly and possibly have an option
in the config file in order to be activated (compiled) only if the
administrator wishes so.

My original post was during beta-16 version and nobody said anything about
beta-16 supporting that (the patch that I've found was for beta-13 if my
memory serves me well), and I haven't anything regarding this matter to the
release notes of beta-17 ( I haven't installed beta-17 yet).

Thanks
Themis