Subject: Re: Fixes for VR1 patches

From: "Andy Mell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 17:59:40 +0100

--On 03 June 1998, 23:55 -0400 "Gregory A Lundberg" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> For people's convenience, I've put both sets of patches in my ftp site:
>   ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17-vr1.patch
> and
>   ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17-vr2.patch

Seems to be something wrong with the way the patches were created, but its
more likely to be something wrong with me! How do you apply these patch
files? I have moved them into the wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17 directory and am
using patch < wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17-vr1.patch, but I keep getting asked for
the files to patch? I dont normally have a problem applying patches with
patch.

Andy

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:06:54 -0400 (EDT)

> the files to patch? I dont normally have a problem applying patches with

I had this problem long ago with a patch program which didn't like
directory names on the file names.  If this is your problem, a few files
will have been created in the base directory, but it'll be asking you
where each of the sub-directory files are since they're not in the base
directory.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195