Subject: restricted environment

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:41:20 +0200 (METDST)

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a solution to restrict a ftp-user's
environment to his homedirectory only:
Different user may log on with their user id and password, but they
shouldn't be allowed to access any file or directory above their own home
directory.
Can wu-ftpd be configured to satisfy this needs?

Any help appreciated,
tia
Volker

PS: system is a hp running hpux 10.20
--
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        [email-masked]       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:59:04 -0400 (EDT)

> environment to his homedirectory only: 

You want to use a guestgroup .. read the FAQ and the guest howto

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195