Subject: Y2K

From: "Rick Flood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:18:03 -0400

Is WU-FTP version wu-2.4.(2) Y2K compliant??

Rick Flood [email-masked]
Eastman Kodak, INET Infrastructure
Phone:(716)722-4331 Pager:(716)253-7748 Fax:(716)477-0552

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Is WU-FTP version wu-2.4.(2) Y2K compliant??

Short answer: that's your problem.

Longer answer: from code reading 2.4.2 betas, many think it shouldn't have
any problems, but it's up to you to decide.  If you're talking about 2.4,
all bets are off.

This was discussed on the mailing list, check the archives for the
threads.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:33:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Is WU-FTP version wu-2.4.(2) Y2K compliant??

Find the archives and check them.  Is your Unix box year 2038 compliant?

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or 
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key____

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:10:56 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is WU-FTP version wu-2.4.(2) Y2K compliant??

It's in the FAQ at http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html but the
short answer is that there is a small representation problem which would
give a strange display of dates after 1-1-2000 in the earlier beta
versions which has been fixed in the last ones. The FAQ tells where to get
those.

                                        Koos

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)                                Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://web.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/   Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"