Subject: Re: FTP GUI Software

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:08:06 -0500 (CDT)

Please direct all responses to the list, not me personally.  I don't
run IRIX, so I don't know what specific things need to be done to get
ls to work. 

   -- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998,  M. Nour wrote:

> I have printed the guest-howto text file. It is the document that I
> used to create my guest users.  Did the fix for my problem is under
> IRIX (5.3, 6.x) part?  thanks
> 
> Michael Brennen wrote:
> 
> > The external 'ls' is not working.  The FAQ (just posted to the list)
> > and the guest howto tell how to fix this.

---

From: " M. Nour" <" nourmha"@statcan.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 11:32:58 -0400

Hi,
Would you please answer to this question:

   I  run IRIX 6.3 OS ,   I want to   know what specific things need to be
done to get ls to work.

 I have setup WU-FTPD Guest Accounts. This works fine if my users use
 a Command Prompt (command line)  but it is not working when they try
 to use a FTP GUI Software. They are not able to see anything in
 their home directory.

Thanks.
Mhamed Nour
[email-masked]

---

From: " M. Nour" <" nourmha"@statcan.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 14:56:58 -0400

> Would you please answer to this question:

Is it possible to insert in the permission list of the ftpaccess list theget
command. (get no anonymous,guest              # get permission)
I will like my users to be able to put files but not to get any.

Thanks.
Mhamed Nour
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:11:58 -0500 (CDT)

If you need 'get' in the permission list, the source to the daemon is
available.  'man ftpaccess' does not show it available now.  You may
also be able to work with basic file ownership and permissions to
insure that files cannot be read back. 

   -- Michael

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 15:14:22 -0400 (EDT)

> I will like my users to be able to put files but not to get any.

man chmod

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195