Subject: change root

From: Celeda Wolfgang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:40:02 +0100

We are currently using version 2.4(1), and we've experienced the
following problem for real users:

If in /etc/passwd the directory entry is ok with the / (for change root)
but the directory does not exist, the user gain access to / of the whole
filesystem.

How can we avoid this?

Thanks

Wolfgang Celeda

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:43:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Celeda Wolfgang wrote:

> We are currently using version 2.4

Start by upgrading to the current version, 2.4.2 beta 17.

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195