Subject: building wuftpd

From: Robert Siemucha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:01:13 -0400

Ok trying to build wu-ftpd 2.4.2-beta-17
No luck this is the output generated by ./build sol any ideas.
Is it me or is documentation just brutal. This is ssolaris2.6 Sparc

make args are :
make opts are :

Linking Makefiles.

Making support library.
./build: make: not found

Making ftpd.
./build: make: not found

Making ftpcount.
./build: make: not found

Making ftpshut.
./build: make: not found

Making ckconfig.
./build: make: not found

Links to executables are in bin directory:
./build: size: not found
Done
# exit
$                              

Thank You,

---------------------------------------
Grep ergo sum - I grep, therefore I am

Robert K, Siemucha

---

From: David Kovar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

Try doing:

csh
set path = ($path /usr/ccs/bin)

then trying it again.

Basically, "make" isn't in your path. If you're lucky, it is in /usr/ccs/bin.
If not, you'll either have to install the developer tools to get it, or
build gnu's make.

-David

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 16 Jun 1998 20:32:26 GMT

>Links to executables are in bin directory:

Check to see if /usr/ccs/bin is in your path. That's where "make" and "size"
are located on Solaris.

You should also check the bugs page at the academ server to see if there
are any other issues that might affect you:
	http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd/bugs.html
-- 
Stan   | Director of Technology, VERIO     | Work Email: [email-masked]
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222            | Personal Email: [email-masked]
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221            | Opinions expressed are only mine.

---

From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:53:50 -0700 (PDT)

I don't seem to be able to get wuftpd to deal well with chgrp.  Is
this supposed to work?

-roy

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:13:24 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't seem to be able to get wuftpd to deal well with chgrp.  Is

Check SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS (may need QUOTE in front of them depending
on your client).  They reference /etc/ftpgroups, chech the man pages. 
wu-ftpd does not inherently support Unix chgrp(), if you're looking for
that support in a manner similar to wu-ftpd's support for Unix chmod()
(SITE CHMOD). 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 98 17:14:54 CDT

> > I don't seem to be able to get wuftpd to deal well with chgrp.  Is
Gregory Lundberg replied :-
> that support in a manner similar to wu-ftpd's support for Unix chmod()

SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS support a feature similar to the UNIX newgrp command
which allows the user to effectively changes their logged-in group.  This
won't help change the group of an existing file, which is what I suspect Roy
wants to do - in which case Gregory's last sentence answers him.

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Coder, adapt.  FTP Ada, redo C"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]