Subject: Umask, Directories and Virtual

From: "Brian M. Platz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:12:15 -0700

Hello

I am fairly new to wu-ftpd and am looking for a feature I don't see is 
directly implemented.

I have a server hosting multiple virtual domains. I have implemented the 
guestgroup feature and am restricting users to ftp only access.

What I would like to do is make any file uploaded to the user's 
public_html/cgi-local directory to have the perms of 755 (umask 022) and 
any other uploaded file to have the default perms of 644 (umask 133). All 
newly created directories should be 751.

This is, of course, for a web server and related user accounts. The user 
directory structure looks like:
/user/web/<username>
	bin
	etc
	lib
	logs
	public_html/
		cgi-local

In researching, it appears that this might be done using Kent's patch 
allowing separate ftpaccess files for every virtual host and using the 
"upload" configuration option.

My question: is this the best / easiest / correct way to go about this?

Thanks.
-Brian Platz

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 06:25:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Brian M. Platz wrote:

> public_html/cgi-local directory to have the perms of 755 (umask 022)

chmod when you create directory

> and any other uploaded file to have the default perms of 644 (umask
> 133).

upload statement in ftpaccess

> All newly created directories should be 751. 

upload statement in ftpaccess with VR1/VR2 patches applied

> "upload" configuration option.

Yes.

> My question: is this the best / easiest / correct way to go about this?

Get newvirt and both VR patches, apply newvirt, hand-apply the VR patches
since they weren't made for newvirt, recompile and install and you should
be all set.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195