Subject: filter path

From: Rocke Robertson 991-2604 UNTS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:28:41 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy. 

What is the regular expression syntax that I would use to allow filnames to be 
created with spaces in the name for the ftpaccess paths filter line ? My regex 
book says \s means a space, but this does not work. Any ideas ?

Thanks

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Rocke Robertson
350 King Edward
(613) 991-2604
Ottawa, Ontario
[email-masked]
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

"If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and "
"dropped it from a height, what would happen? "

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:50:50 -0500 (CDT)

Try the following in /etc/ftpaccess.  I doubt seriously that \s is
supported in wu-ftpd's regex processor. 

path-filter    ...  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.\ ]*$   ...

   -- Michael

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Rocke Robertson 991-2604 UNTS wrote:

> What is the regular expression syntax that I would use to allow
> filnames to be created with spaces in the name for the ftpaccess
> paths filter line ? My regex book says \s means a space, but this
> does not work. Any ideas ?

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:34:27 -0400 (EDT)

> supported in wu-ftpd's regex processor. 

The wu-ftpd regex handler can do it but the line parser gets in the way
My VR1/VR2 patches will fix this for Linux (only) by using POSIX regex
:SPACE: extensions.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195