Subject: Re: bsd.h

From: "James Orwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:38:40 +0100

hello all -

>> where can i get bsd.h ?

<me>

> I can think of three possible causes:
> - the Makefile isn't the Linux makefile
> - you edited the Makefile and made a mistake
> - there's a problem with the Linux version string tested for vs what
>   RedHat shipped on 5.0; don't ask me why RedHat changed the version when
>   there was no version change.  Maybe they're thinking the GNU libs are
>   part of Linux?

<Gregory A Lundberg>

I am using gmake 3.67; don't think I've messed up the Makefile. leaving point
(iii)...
ok i've decided to use the wu-ftpd 'rpm' package as distributed by redhat: so i
guess this is an unresolved problem as far as wu-ftpd-2.4 goes (unless I'm
doing something silly of course:-)

thanks for your help

James

-- 
-- 
James Orwell                                   email: [email-masked]
Image Processing Group                         phone: 0171 873 2894
Physics Department,                            fax:   0171 873 2716
Kings College London.
WC2R 2LS

---

From: [email-masked] (Perry Rovers)
Date: 22 Jun 1998 21:14:42 GMT

Pink elephants with an attitude inspired "James Orwell" <[email-masked]> to tell garfield.mail.wu-ftpd:
: hello all -

:>> where can i get bsd.h ?

:> - there's a problem with the Linux version string tested for vs what
:>   RedHat shipped on 5.0; don't ask me why RedHat changed the version when
:>   there was no version change.  Maybe they're thinking the GNU libs are
:>   part of Linux?

: I am using gmake 3.67; don't think I've messed up the Makefile. leaving point
: (iii)...
: ok i've decided to use the wu-ftpd 'rpm' package as distributed by redhat: so i
: guess this is an unresolved problem as far as wu-ftpd-2.4 goes (unless I'm
: doing something silly of course:-)

FYI
rpm -qf /usr/include/bsd/bsd.h 
libc-devel-5.3.12-17

My bet is that you are missing the libc-devel rpm (or maybe you just have
the glibc stuff?). If you are running version 5.x of RedHat Linux, you may
need to add the 'old' libc stuff.

-- 
Perry Rovers ([email-masked])