Subject: compilation problem

From: Chuck Wilkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 11:32:09 -0400

Hello,
     I am running a SPARC /  Solaris 2.5 test FTP box. I am using gcc as my
compilier. As indicated in the howto guide I have changed the two
Makefiles located in support and src to be CC=gcc. However when
running ./build sol I receive the following errors.

/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: 'struct in_addr' declared inside
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: parameter list its scope is only this
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: definition or declaration, which is 
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: probably not you what want.

Links to executables are in bin directory:
size: bin/ftpd: cannot open
size: bin/ftpcount: cannot open
size: bin/ftpshut: cannot open
size: bin/ftpwho: cannot open
bin/ckconfig: 3912 + 312 + 328 = 4552
Done.

There are other errors but, I don't want to make the post too long.

     I recently read a similar post and the response indicated that gcc was
not being used as the compiler. If this is the case where else do I need to
make a change so gcc is used? Any direction will be apprciated.

Chuck