Subject: FTP GUI Software

From: " M. Nour" <" nourmha"@statcan.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 09:45:22 -0400

Hi,

Would you please answer to this problem:

I have setup WU-FTPD Guest Accounts. This works fine if my users use a
Command Prompt (command line)
but it is not working when they try to use a FTP GUI Software. They are not
able to see anything in their home
directory.

Thanks.

Mhamed Nour
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:21:34 -0500 (CDT)

The external 'ls' is not working.  The FAQ (just posted to the list)
and the guest howto tell how to fix this.

   -- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998,  M. Nour wrote:

> I have setup WU-FTPD Guest Accounts. This works fine if my users use
> a Command Prompt (command line)  but it is not working when they try
> to use a FTP GUI Software. They are not able to see anything in
> their home directory.

---

From: TTSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

> able to see anything in their home
	Check to see if "ls" and "dir" both work.  Usually it means that
"ls" is working, but "dir" isn't.  And when "dir" isn't working I've had it
be one of the /dev (tcp or zero) being wrong (on Solaris).

			Tuc/TTSG