Subject: wu-ftp won't do chroot

From: Graham Leggett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:41:33 +0200

Hi all,

I am running a copy of wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16 with a config mirrored from
another box that works great. On this new box however, chroot just won't
work.

I have configured in.ftpd to run with -a -d, I have set the user's group
up as a guestgroup, I have set the user homedirectory to
/home/users/./user.

What other config do I have to do to get this to work?

Regards,
Graham
-- 
-----------------------------------------
[email-masked]			"There's a moon
VWV Interactive				over Bourbon Street
						tonight...

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:26:24 -0400 (EDT)

> What other config do I have to do to get this to work?

Make sure the ftpaccess file is actually being used.  For most systems,
it's in /etc/ftpaccess, but the actualy name is compiled into the daemon.
If all else fails, use strings to see the name form the saemon's binary.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195