Subject: build on linux/gcc

From: Rahul Sood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 11:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to build wu-ftpd 2.4

Even after copying support/ftp.h to /usr/include/arpa/ftp.h and editing
src/pathnames.h I got lots of compile errors. The trivial ones such as
missing semicolon in src/config.h lines 24 and 25 I fixed, but there were
tons more. 

The target system is Linux 2.0.29/x86, gcc 2.7.2.1, libc 5.4.33 Pls post
if you know what else might be required for building on this system. 

R. Sood
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 13:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

> if you know what else might be required for building on this system. 

Building 2.4.2-beta-17 would be better.  2.4 is several years old and has
some security problems.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195