Subject: Re: upload watchdog

From: Dave Jevans <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

Stig,

>upload directory. Does anybody know a way to make something sense when the
>contents of that directory changes and have the something in
>question immediately trigger a script that sends me an e-mail about
>the goings on there?

Unfortunately this isn't available with wu-ftpd.
However, our commercial version of wu-ftpd, FileDrive EX (www.filedrive.com)
has a capability called "ActiveAgents" which lets you put
triggers on various directories and run notification programs
like e-mail notification.

I can understand though that you may not have budget for a
software product versus freeware.

Regards,
David Jevans
Differential, Inc
www.differential.com

---

From: David Kovar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:34:45 -0700 (PDT)

One could simply write a script that runs via cron every 'n' minutes
that notices a change in the upload directory and sends a piece of email.
You need not buy commercial software to get this sort of functionality.
Don't let them convince you otherwise.

-David