Subject: idle time

From: damien lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:00:48 -0700

Hey I know there is a way to set up the idle time and I have been searching through documentation for about a hour now and have not been able to find it, can anybody out there help me out with this.

							Thanks

							  Damien Lopez

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:21:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, damien lopez wrote:

> Hey I know there is a way to set up the idle time and I have been
> searching through documentation for about a hour now and have not been
> able to find it, can anybody out there help me out with this. 

Sayeth the manpage (man 8 ftpd):

The ftp server will timeout an inactive session after 15 minutes.  If the
-t option is specified, the inactivity timeout period will be set to
timeout seconds.  A client may also request a different timeout period; 
the maximum period allowed may be set to timeout seconds with the -T
option.  The default limit is 2 hours. 

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195