Subject: internal ls support

From: Jerry Preeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:42:15 -0700

Silly question maybe but does wu-ftpd have built-in internal ls support?
If not, are there any plans for making it available in the near future?

Jerry Preeper

---

From: Kevin Hoffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 20:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a way to stop someone from downloading a certin file.. Such as
.mail in any directory. I have people downloading their mail files which I
would like to stop :) If they want to download mail they should be doing
it via pop3 not FTP.

Kevin

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:57:21 -0400 (EDT)

> would like to stop :) If they want to download mail they should be doing

man ftpaccess
noretrieve

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 16 Jun 1998 20:25:26 GMT

>If not, are there any plans for making it available in the near future?

There will be support for a built-in ls function in a future release of wu-ftpd
from me. There may be other versions of wu-ftpd available that have such
a feature now.

-- 
Stan   | Director of Technology, VERIO     | Work Email: [email-masked]
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222            | Personal Email: [email-masked]
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221            | Opinions expressed are only mine.

---

From: Jerry Preeper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:02:30 -0700

Is there any time from for when a version of wu-ftpd will be available with
this support and do you have any idea of where these other versions may be
(for FreeBSD specifically)?

Jerry

---

From: chuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:27:35 -0400

> would like to stop :) If they want to download mail they should be doing

Why stop it?

You know, I used to download my mail file sometime, mostly
because there wasn't a reliable pop client available at the time
and I used elm.  I just wanted the mail file that I'd then run
through procmail myself.

My mail, my choice.  ftp is no less efficient that pop (it did
RENAME the file first, then wait a bit, to prevent problems with
mail being written to it, but then, I'm smarter than the average
PC user).

---

From: Kevin Hoffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:33:24 -0400 (EDT)

> mail being written to it, but then, I'm smarter than the average

My point exactly.. "I'm smarter then the average PC user" Our smart
customers see a file named .mail and they have to download it without
copying it or renaming it they just try and download it.. and never the
less sometimes at the same time they are downloading via pop.. takl about
wanting to mess things up or something :)

Kevin