Subject: SITE command

From: Benoit Pessers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 98 15:50:03 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking for a Unix ftp client, that can support the "SITE" command . 
(My Sun 4.1.4 ftp client does't support it)

Thanks a lot

Benoit Pessers         
Network Engineer
IT Department
SOPRES Belgium S.A.

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 98 11:09:36 CDT

Hi Benoit,

> (My Sun 4.1.4 ftp client does't support it)

The SunOS 4 client may not support the "site" command, but it does support
the "quote" command, which should allow you to issue the "site" command
afterwards...

Try using "quote site <command>" instead of "site <command>"; this works fine
for me.

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Coder, adapt.  FTP Ada, redoc C"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]