Subject: patches

From: "Marxen, Sara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:42:35 -0700

I recently installed the patches vr1 and vr2 to my ftp 242-17 release
and 
can now not get the server to start up.  I replaced the old ftp with the
new ftpd
and I don't get any error messages when inetd starts up but the ftpd is
not accepting connections, it keeps saying FTP server shutdown please
try again
later.  This is a linux machine running redhat 5.0.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:03:06 -0400 (EDT)

> later.  This is a linux machine running redhat 5.0.

Delete /etc/shutmsg or whatever the ftpaccess files names for the shutdown
message file on the shutdown statement.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195