Subject: Question in building Wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17 on solaris

From: Shen Jing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 19:13:12 +0900

Hello :

   I  have just download a Wu-ftpd-2.4.2 Beta-17  and compiling it .

   I am using a SPARC 20 with solaris 2.5.1 installed , I use SUN visual 
workshop as my C compiler .

   I have configed the wu-ftpd as I did before ( beta-16) , but when I 
build  sol , the ftpd has fatal errror  , I am not clear how to adjust
it .

   the following is the messages :

--------------------------
$ build sol
make args are : 
make opts are : 

 ....... ( all goes fine ) 

/disk2/pkg/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support  -c 
sigfix.c

/disk2/pkg/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpd
ftpd.o ftpcmd.o glob.o logwtmp.o popen.o vers.o access.o  extensions.o 
realpath.o acl.o private.o authenticate.o conversions.o hostacc.o 
sigfix.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen
ild: (Performing full relink) too many files changed
ild: (undefined symbol) snprintf -- referenced in the text segment of
ftpd.o
ild: (undefined symbol) vsnprintf -- referenced in the text segment of
ftpd.o
*** Error code 5
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd'

Making ftpcount.
/disk2/pkg/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ftpcount ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen 

Making ftpshut.
/disk2/pkg/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen

Making ckconfig.
/disk2/pkg/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ckconfig ckconfig.c
ln: cannot create ftpwho: File exists
ln: cannot create ckconfig: File exists

Links to executables are in bin directory:
bin/ftpd: 251840 + 31544 + 15472 = 298856
bin/ftpcount: 9463 + 795 + 865 = 11123
bin/ftpshut: 7560 + 634 + 338 = 8532
bin/ftpwho: 9463 + 795 + 865 = 11123
bin/ckconfig: 4873 + 572 + 320 = 5765
Done

------------------------

  thank you very much and long for your help !

Jing Shen

Mail to:  [email-masked]