Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of Wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 May 1998 18:23:40 Z

Maybe in your unix... In mine (AIX) it's a ulong (gid_t). I think Solaris is as
well... (Actually solaris might be just a long, but it's definately 32 bits
long).
To be fair, SOME unixes have a 16 bit GID type, and UID type, but I haven't
seena  commercial one worth its salt that still has a 16 bit one (Except SunOS
4, and that's not it's fault it was dumped... I liked (And still do) SunOS 4).
 
Hamish.

EXTERNAL.S3424B82@AU1 on 22/05/98 15:10:51
Please respond to EXTERNAL.S3424B82 @ EXTERNALMAIL
To: Hamish N Marson
cc:
bcc:
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of Wu-ftpd
 
         Date: May 22, 1998
         From: Ben Mehlman                                 S3424B82 - EXTERNAL
           To:                                             S13B6952 - EXTERNAL
           cc:                                             S3424B84 - EXTERNAL
      Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of Wu-ftpd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I don't think so, but there IS a limit in unix- Group id is a uint16, so the
maximum value is 65535.
 
-Ben Mehlman
[email-masked]

>
>
>    I am really mysterious ! why ? Are there a name or group limit for
> wu-ftpd 2.4.2 Beta16 ?
>
>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben Mehlman             "It doesn't matter", I say, and I start to pick up
Prodigy Services Corp   the broken glass shards.  "I knew it would happen."
[email-masked]   "Then why you don't stop it?" asks my mother.
                        And it's such a simple question.  -Amy Tan

----------------------- External Addressing ----------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------