Subject: Anonymous users

From: Harry Brueckner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:42:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I posted this a few weeks back buut didn't get any reply to it except from
someone who would like to use the same thing. :-)

I'd like to use the same username on different virtual servers.

Like:

user1, ftp.domain1.com: /home/domain1/user1
user1, ftp.domain2.com: /home/domain2/user1
user1, ftp.domain3.com: /home/domain3/user1
user2, ftp.domain1.com: /home/domain1/user2
user2, ftp.domain3.com: /home/domain3/user3

The advantage of this would be, that I could assign 1 login name to some users
and the host they connect to makes the difference about what directory they
start in.

Up to now those users have to deal with many different login names and
passwords. It's kinda ugly. :-(

Any ideas? Maybe it's possible with the latest releaso of 2.6.0? :-)

Harry

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
  PGP fingerprint: B9 EE 83 0C 1F 48 54 50  9F A7 7A 00 6C 94 36 02
  PGP public key available by fingering [email-masked]