Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 17 available for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 20:14:46 -0500 (CDT)

BETA 17 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

BSD/OS 3.1
BSDI BSD/386 1.1
FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE
Redhat Linux 3.0.3
Redhat Linux 5.0
SCO Open Server 5
Solaris 2.4 x86 (gcc  2.7.2.1)
Solaris 2.5.1 x86 (gcc  2.7.2.3)
Solaris 2.6 sparc (SunC 3.0.1)
Solaris 2.6 x86 (gcc 2.7.2.3)
SunOS 4.1.4 sparc (bundled cc)
UnixWare 2.1

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address. 

If hardware companies wish to donate equipment running their proprietary
UNIX derivatives to me for doing maintenance work on this and the other
packages I maintain (NNTP, RN, etc), please contact me directly to discuss.

If software companies that sell UNIX derivatives I don't to which I don't
have access wish to donain copies of their UNIX derivative to me for the
purposes of doing maintenace work on this and the other packages I maintain,
please contact me directly to discuss.

This is not a release candidate. Beta 18 will be the next release candidate.

The location is: 
	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-17.tar.Z

NOTE: This directory is protected. Attempts to use a directory listing 
command will fail.

You can also check http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd for more information.

** FIXES IN THIS RELEASE**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This release contains only four fixes. The first is a cosmetic fix to
change what setproctitle() puts in the line returned when you do a
ps from "sendmail:" to "ftpd:". This was a mistake I made when I integrated
the new sendmail 8.8.7 proctitle stuff into beta-16. 

The second is to move "initsetproctitle" from one location in the ftpd.c 
file to another and remove some code that duplicated some of the functions
of "initsetproctitle" from ftpd.c. This should fix the problem many people 
reports on some operating systems concerning the use of command line 
arguements.

The third is to remove a declaration atol()  in ftpcmd.y so that wu-ftpd
will compile properly on systems that declare atol as a macro. 

The fourth is to fix the hostacc.c introduced in beta-16. This fixes all the
various alloc/free problems in the memory allocation and retains the 
dynamic feature introduced in beta-16.

There are also a few portability fixes to make it easy to compile the
software on Solaris 2.6.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I appreciate getting bug fixes or bug reports, but please read the bugs page 
before sending me a report of a bug already listed there. The URL is 
http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd/bugs.html.