Subject: Weird last(1) output after installing wu-ftpd

From: Meir Dukhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:50:12 +0300

Hi,

3 days ago I installed wu-ftpd on 2 FreeBSD (2.1.6 and 2.2.2) boxes,
and on a Redhat 4.1 Linux. All work fine.

However, on the FreeBSD boxes I get a junk last(1) output (see below),
with a lot of  "still login in" connections, which is totally wrong
(tested with netstat). Also, the last(1) output on the Linux box is ok.

It seems that wu-ftpd update weirdly the /var/log/wtmp file.
My version of wu-ftpd is wu-ftpd-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15](1)

Do I miss something ?

Tia

Meir
ps: please cc to [email-masked], thanks

Output of last:

=D`5ftp1           381              Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
381       Ë<`5ftp1                  Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
Ê<`5ftp1  114.42   262              Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
262       Ê<`5ftp1                  Tue Jul 26 15:52   still logged in
ftp1259                             Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
114.42    192.115. È<`5ftp1259      Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
È<`5ftp1           258              Thu Jan  1 00:00 - 02:49 (41+02:49)
257       È<`5ftp1                  Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ftp1255            ftp              Sun Jul 24 09:49   still logged in
.<`5ftp1           242              Thu Jan  1 00:00 - 14:24 (39+14:24)
225       .<`5ftp1                  Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ftp1218                             Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
<`5ftp1  114.42   219              Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
219       <`5ftp1                  Tue Jul 26 15:52   still logged in
ftp1216            ftp              Sun Jul 24 09:49   still logged in
<`5ftp1           212              Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
214       <`5ftp1                  Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ftp1206   42                        Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ftp       ftp                       Mon Jul 25 21:40   still logged in
,.`5ftp9  pc       49               Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
49        (`5ftp9                  Fri Feb 25 02:24   still logged in
ftp685             ftp              Fri Oct 22 08:29 - 07:10  (22:41)
pc        avraham- è`5ftp584       Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
-`5ftp5           84               Thu Jan  1 00:00 - 03:42  (03:42)
^`5ttyp  t        1                Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
3`5ttyp           1                Fri May 16 06:57   still logged in
V`5ttyp           1                Wed Mar 18 03:56   still logged in
8`5ttyp           1                Thu Jan  1 00:00 - 03:56 (76+03:56)
¤`5ttyp           1                Wed Mar 18 03:56   still logged in
?`5{                               Thu Jan  1 00:00 - 03:56 (76+03:56)
<                                   Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ñÿ_5ttyp  tlv.netv 1                Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in
ºù_5ttyp           1                Fri Jul 29 02:57   still logged in
9952      Yù_5ftp2                  Thu Jan  1 00:00   still logged in