Subject: Probs with Ls under wu-ftp

From: Thomas Marmetschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:07:12 +0200

Hi,

i have a problem with the ls command for guest users..

The guest access is correct setupd ;)

So now if a guest user logs in the system nothing of his files are be
displayed.

I use wu-2.4.2-Beta13. can someone help me?

thx

	Tom

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

> I use wu-2.4.2-Beta13. can someone help me?

Read the FAQ and the guest howto referenced from it, check the permissions
on the directories.  If you're running a Sun, there's a special FAQ for
you referenced in the FAQ.  Also, you're running a very old version and
should consider upgrading to the latest. 

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195