Subject: Weird last(1) output after installing wu-ftpd

From: Meir Dukhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 13:59:55 +0300

Hi,

3 days ago I installed wu-ftpd on 2 FreeBSD (2.1.6 and 2.2.2) boxes,
and on a Redhat 4.1 Linux. All work fine.

However, on the FreeBSD boxes I get a junk last(1) output (see below),
with a lot of  "still login in" connections, which is totally wrong
(tested with netstat).

Do I miss something ?

Tia

Meir
ps: please cc to [email-masked], thanks

Output of last:

ftp27186           ftp              Mon Oct 11 19:20   still logged in
ttyp1                               Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
ttyp1              user1            Thu Jan  1 02:01   still logged in
ttyp0              user2            Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
ttyp0                               Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
irdavid   meir                      Sat Jun  3 18:41 - 15:24  (19:42)
AÖZ5ftp1           5450ftp          Thu Jan  1 02:00 - 02:00  (00:00)
5448      >ÖZ5ftp1                  Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
vid                                 Thu Jan  1 02:00 - 06:43
(9600+03:43)
ftp15171                            Thu Jan  1 02:00 - 19:20
(18911+17:20)
ftp       ftp                       Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
irdavid                             Thu Jun  1 11:47 - 12:37  (23:49)
Y«Z5ftp1           4975             Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
4975meir  YªZ5ftp1                  Wed Mar 18 05:56   still logged in
ftp14688                            Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
ftp       ftp                       Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in
irdavid                             Tue Aug 22 04:43 - 10:55 (996+06:12)

k Z5ftp1           4688meir         Thu Jan  1 02:00   still logged in