Subject: Patch to limit logins of individual users and groups.

From: Paul Sheer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 19:59:23 +0200 (SAST)

Hi there,

I have to limit the number of times a particular user can login
simultaneously. The following patch extends the `class' command in
ftpaccess to allow definition of classes that define local users
(from the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files). I could not find another way
of doing this, so if there is one, please let me know.

I also have doc updates if you need them, and can do non-ansi 
protos also.

Hence an ftpaccess file can now contain, for example:

	class someclass group users

	limit someclass 1 Any /etc/ftplimited

or

	class someclass user harry

	limit someclass 1 Any /etc/ftplimited

BTW the man pages are not all that clear when it comes to the ftpaccess
file. Would you like me to send you a patch? Also, ftpd should report
errors saying where ftpaccess is bad, giving the line number. At the
moment it is difficult to detect an error. I can patch this also if
needed.

Many thanks

-paul

(PS: I am not on your mailing list.)

Obsidian Systems . . . .  Linux installations, support, networking
[email-masked] . . . . . . . . . . . . Tel  (+27 11) 792 6500
http://www.obsidian.co.za  . . . . . . . .  Fax  (+27 11) 792 6522
    __   __ __  __ __  __ __  __
   / /  / //  |/ // / / / \ \/ /
  / /_ / // /|  // /_/ /   \  /
 /___//_//_/ |_/ \____/    /  \
                          /_/\_\