Subject: restricting directories

From: "Chris 'Floyd' Kreutzer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:58:12 -0500

I have recently set up a webserver allowing people to ftp in there own
material.  I am wondering how I can restrict them to their own
directories and subdirectories.  Currently they can look around wherever
they please, and I want to stop this.
Any Idea?

--

                                                 |
                                                ||
     /\                                        | |
----/=+\********                              |   |   ||
   /____\                       ---=-==--/^\./    |  |  \/=--==-=---
Chris 'Floyd' Kreutzer                            |  |
[email-masked]                        | |
v1.2 n tw 1/0/pw tG 1- 0 WYWH 4 2                  ||
http://news2.uww.edu/~floyd/home/index.html

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

> they please, and I want to stop this.

Read the guest howto referenced from the FAQ

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: John McDermon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:27:03 -0600

I believe the term is "sub-logins" or "sub-accounts" it's like a cross
between anonymous FTP and regular user accounts. I haven't done this,
but I've seen info about it.

--John

I have recently set up a webserver allowing people to ftp in there own
material.  I am wondering how I can restrict them to their own
directories and subdirectories.  Currently they can look around
wherever they please, and I want to stop this. Any Idea?

-- 

                                                 |

                                                ||

     /\                                        | |

----/=+\********                              |   |   ||

<<http://news2.uww.edu/~floyd/home/index.html>http://news2.uww.edu/~floyd/home/index.html

+-------------------------------------------------+

| John McDermon,    voice mail 7-7315  Fax 5-1002 |

| CIC-2, MS B215     cell 699-4910, page 104-8665 |

+-------------------------------------------------+