Subject: Bugs fixed

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 23:42:54 EDT

I realize this may be a bad time, but...

     An updated version of the archive Bernhard and I made available
recently, which fixes most (hopefully all) of the bugs reported to us plus
a few others, can be found at this URL:

ftp://wuftpd.dragonfire.net/wu-ftpd-2.6.1.tar.gz

In the midst of the current controversy, I should state that this is simply
our effort to continue development and fix bugs in wu-ftpd; this release is
numbered 2.6.1 simply because the last one was numbered 2.6.0, for better
or for worse.  Use it if you like, or use Stan's latest release (currently
2.4.2 beta 16) if you like.

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.

---

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 01:26:19 -0500 (CDT)

# 
#      I realize this may be a bad time, but...

Then do something about it and don't make it worse.

#      An updated version of the archive Bernhard and I made available
# recently, which fixes most (hopefully all) of the bugs reported to us plus
# a few others, can be found at this URL:

It started out as BeroFTPD and you changed the name to WU-FTPD. This 
was a mistake and is currently at the center of the problem.

# ftp://wuftpd.dragonfire.net/wu-ftpd-2.6.1.tar.gz

Should be

# ftp://wuftpd.dragonfire.net/beroftpd-2.6.1.tar.gz
#
# In the midst of the current controversy, I should state that this is simply
# our effort to continue development and fix bugs in wu-ftpd; this release is
# numbered 2.6.1 simply because the last one was numbered 2.6.0, for better
# or for worse.  Use it if you like, or use Stan's latest release (currently
# 2.4.2 beta 16) if you like.

Do you intend to continue to intentionally confuse and splinter the
wu-ftpd community ? If so, this is not productive. Do us all a favor and
change the name back to beroftpd.  You can still continue development 
and fix bugs. That doen't need to change, just the name (back to what
it started as.) Thanks.

#   --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
#     [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
#     www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Email: [email-masked]                   http://www.nfr.net/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked]
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/