Subject: Re: wu-ftpd 2.6.0 released

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 01:00:59 CDT

> You're not reading what Stan said.  He said 'bug-free'.  He has no
> intention of declaring a release until he attains it.  That means NEVER!
> He can't do it.  Nobody can.  One can only hope that someday he grows up
> and realizes it.  Until then, anyone wanna talk about the problems in
> wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-6245?

Clearly, you have a personal beef with me with comments like "get a life"
and "one can only hope that someday he grows up". 

If you have something constructive to contibute (like the bug fix I referred
to in my previous message involving you), please do. Otherwise, the rest of
your commentary concerning me is irrelevant to the work at hand.

-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: mcsun!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.

---

From: Eilon Gishri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:24:06 +0300

> your commentary concerning me is irrelevant to the work at hand.
Will you please stop fighting.

Stan,
  If you continue replying to flames on this mailing list you wont be
able to even let out the B17.

  I think we all agree on the fact that there should be two separate
project instead of one with two unrelated versions. There is not point
in this argument.

-- 
Eilon Gishri					[email-masked]
Security Consultant				Office: +972-3-6406723
Israel Inter University Computation Center	Fax:	+972-3-6409118
  /* On a matter of national security */	Home:	+972-3-5078671

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 10 May 1998 23:39:48 GMT

>Will you please stop fighting.

I am not fighting. My comments were meant to say that I believe that
the original comments were not constructive and not relevant. I didn't 
say the person who wrote the comments was a bad person or that he was not
entitled to his opinion.

>able to even let out the B17.

I will respond to any comments from anyone where I believe those comments
misrepresents my interests or intentions. It's unfortunate if you have a 
problem with that. But, I will continue to respond if I believe I need to do 
so. As for the release of b17, these responses have not affected that. I have
been compiling up gcc on Solaris 2.6 x86 and that takes time.