Subject: Solaris 2.6 x86 and wu-ftpd b17 (signal 11 errors)

From: Teknix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:24:05 -0400

Greetings:

I've just compiled wu-ftpd b17 on my Solaris 2.6 x86 box.  Anonymous access
and virtual anonymous access is working fine.  However, real users cannot
log in.

I've followed the threads about inetd problems and the single command line
bug in b16.  I don't believe the "exiting on signal 11" problem I'm
experiencing with b17 is related to either of these.

In /etc/inetd.conf, I have:

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.ftpd       in.ftpd -a
-i -l -o

When I use that, real users can't log in.  If I remove the -a and restart
inetd, real uses CAN log in.  So, the -a forces ftpd to use the ftpaccess
file.  This is the same file I've been using for b13 on up.

My two questions.. what has changed, and why am I getting the signal 11
errors when a real user tries to connect?  In addition to the above, I do
have an /etc/shells that has the appropiate lines and proper permissions set.

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|     Phillip Smith          \\\      E-mail: [email-masked]         |
| Senior Tech. Specialist     )))     WWW:    http://www.ntplx.net/    |
|      NETPLEX LLC           ///      V:(860)233-1111, F:(860)232-2221 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+