Subject: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection reset by peer

From: "David Hartt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:11:28 -0700

I am running Solaris 2.51 with wu-ftpd Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15](1).

I am getting the following error messages:

May 27 08:51:03 ftpserver ftpd[8242]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:51:13 ftpserver ftpd[8228]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:51:29 ftpserver ftpd[8274]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:51:34 ftpserver ftpd[8345]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:05 ftpserver ftpd[8405]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:12 ftpserver ftpd[8291]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:12 ftpserver ftpd[8283]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:14 ftpserver ftpd[8378]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:29 ftpserver ftpd[8164]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:37 ftpserver ftpd[8340]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:53 ftpserver ftpd[8240]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:52:53 ftpserver ftpd[8189]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:53:43 ftpserver ftpd[8219]: getpeername (in.ftpd): Connection
reset by peer
May 27 08:53:47 ftpserver ftpd[8215]: sleeping: fcntl lock of pid file
failed: Resource

I have tried to access the www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd site and it is offline
 for some reason.

Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Thanks,

David Hartt

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:34:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, David Hartt wrote:

> I have tried to access the www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd site and it is
> offline for some reason. 

Looks up to me.  You got network problems, maybe?

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              [email-masked]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    1-800-809-2195

---

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:12:20 -0500 (CDT)

# 
# On Wed, 27 May 1998, David Hartt wrote:
# 
# > I have tried to access the www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd site and it is
# > offline for some reason. 
# 
# Looks up to me.  You got network problems, maybe?

To be fair we were down here for a while. Network reorganization,
Oh Fun...

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Email: [email-masked]                   http://www.nfr.net/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked]
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/