Subject: unable to ftp from mac

From: KHOO Guan Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 18:17:25 +0800 (SGT)

Server is  Linux 4.2/kernel 2.0.32/wu-ftpd-2.4.2.beta 12

Help! I cannot connect ftp (using Fetch 3.0.1) from the mac (OS 8.0). I
can ftp localhost from the linux box (the /etc/hosts.allow has
in.ftpd:ALL) and the ethernet is working as I can serve the mac with
netatalk.

I used tcpdump on the ethernet interface and got this:-

15:34:25.435476 arp who-has 192.168.0.2 tell daisy.khoohouse.geylang.sg
15:35:25.439481 arp who-has 192.168.0.2 tell daisy.khoohouse.geylang.sg
15:36:20.813177 arp who-has 192.168.0.2 (Broadcast) tell 192.168.0.2
15:36:21.023191 arp who-has daisy.khoohouse.geylang.sg 
(Broadcast) tell 192.168.0.2
15:36:21.023191 arp reply daisy.khoohouse.geylang.sg is-at 0:0:c0:5f:bb:f0
15:36:21.033191 192.168.0.2.32768 > daisy.khoohouse.geylang.
sg.domain: 1+ (48) (DF)
15:36:21.033191 daisy.khoohouse.geylang.sg > 192.168.0.2: icmp: daisy.
khoohouse.geylang.sg udp port domain unreachable [tos 0xc0]

(last 2 messages repeated 3 more times)

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Richard KHOO Guan Chen