Subject: Unreadable directories using WUftp 2.4.2 B15

From: Sean H Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:06:51 +0100

I am trying to prevent people from being able to list the contents of a
dropoff directory.
The directory is writable by anonymous but should not be listable.

The actual directory is mounted over a distributed file system (AFS) but
there is no way to prevent listing , and yet allow access, using AFS
access control lists.

Can anyone help ?

-- 
Sean Davies
Hursley Midrange & Dist Systems   +-----------------------------------+ 
IBM UK Laboratories Ltd.          | VNET:     sean@hursley            | 
Hursley Park,                     | Internet: [email-masked]    | 
Winchester, Hants,                +-----------------------------------+ 
England SO21 2JN
Internal: 7-248974                International: +44 1962-818974

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:25:52 EDT

>there is no way to prevent listing , and yet allow access, using AFS

     Sure: don't use AFS.  wu-ftpd won't do permission checking of its own;
that has to be handled by the filesystem.

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.