Subject: wu-ftpd question

From: Themistoklis Kordogiannis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:24:23 +0300

I have wu-ftp-2.4.2-beta-16.
What i want to know is if it's possible to configure to ftp server so when a user follows a link, when he does "cd ..", 
instead of going to the parent directory from where he is at the moment, to 'follow the link back' to where he came from.

Thanks
Themis

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 19:09:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Themistoklis Kordogiannis wrote:

> What i want to know is if it's possible to configure to ftp server so
> when a user follows a link, when he does "cd ..", instead of going to
> the parent directory from where he is at the moment, to 'follow the link
> back' to where he came from. 

No.  Unix doesn't work that way and any hack to the server to do it would
be a lot of work.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653