Subject: again: AFS authentification

From: T-low <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 13:48:28 +0200

Hi,

I know the archives at landfield, I know the FAQ at hvu.nl, but all the 
AFS-patches I found didn't work. It is obviously a special problem of
my server.
I need AFS authentificaiton for real users on a rs6k, AIX 3.25 (yes,I know) .
Here is what happened so far : 

using the patched version from ftp.uni-koeln.de (wu-ftpd-2.4+AFS):
"/usr/afsws/include/rx/rxkad.h", line 103.5: 1506-046 (S) Syntax error.
"/usr/afsws/include/afs/auth.h", line 25.5: 1506-046 (S) Syntax error.
make: *** [ftpd.o] Error 1
I don't know what to do with this error.

the other patches (there are alot in diff-files in the archives as you know):

compilation throws one Warning:
     842  1500-010: (W) WARNING in main: Infinite loop.  Program may not stop.

and for some of the patches the wu-ftpd did not accept afs passwords and for
the other there is no password authentification - you can log in
as any user you like using any string you like as password.

Yet I found no patch that did the job. Some are talking about the "Ken
Hornstein patch for afs authentification" but I could not find it.

I would be very glad if somebody could give me a hint or tell me what is
wrong.

Regards
T-low
/* Computing Center of Stuttgart * mailto: [email-masked] *   */
/* fon: +49.711.2360663 * fax: +49.711.2360664 * The better the performance, */
/* http://helpdesk.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/~rustless/ * the higher the price.   */