Subject: HELP: WU-FTPD Crashes on Solaris 2.6

From: "G.Stathakopoulos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 12:38:02 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi, 

I've installed wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16 on two Sun Ultra servers
running Solaris2.6. The server (wuftpd) works only when I don't put any
parameters in the end of its line in inetd.conf. I tried to use -laio like
manual says but it 

Apr  5 11:16:18 patreas ftpd[13069]: exiting on signal 11

Is something with wuftpd or Solaris goes wrong?

Thanks,
G.Stathakopoulos
Sys/Net Admin

---

From: Andreas Sindermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 11:45:52 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is something with wuftpd or Solaris goes wrong?

It's a bug in the ftpd. Try 'in.ftpd -l -a -i -o' instead.

Andreas

---

From: "G.Stathakopoulos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 12:58:04 +0300 (EET DST)

> It's a bug in the ftpd. Try 'in.ftpd -l -a -i -o' instead.
It doesn't work either. 
BTW, there is a wrapper in 

http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html#QA26

that it seems that is working.

G.Stathakopoulos
Sys/Net Admin