Subject: Let me make this clearer

From: "Steve Hormell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 14:56:09 -0400

I need to have two guestgroups on my ftp server.  One with time limits
on the number of users and one with no limits.

I thought that i could do it with two guest groups.   But how do i set
the classes so that one guest group has limits and the other dosen't?
Either one has the limit and the other can roam free in the system, or
the limit is enforced on all.

I;ve looked in man pages and FAQ's to no avail.   Someone please help.

Thank you

Steve

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:12:08 -0400 (EDT)

> the limit is enforced on all.

wu-ftpd uses the 'class' and 'limit' clauses in the ftpaccess file to
limit the number of users of a particular class for a given time-of-day.
This check is performed prior to authentication, so the guestgroup plays
no part in it.

If you can make the distinction by domain-name or IP number, just add what
you need in your ftpaccess.  If you _must_ make the determination based
upon group membership, you'll need to hack the source pretty heavily or
find someone who has already hacked it to do this.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653