Subject: Can't see anything

From: Jeff Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:40:58 -0700

Hello,

I am having a problem seeing anything in a chrooted directory when I log on 
from outside.  From an internal machine I can ftp to the site and see 
everything, if I telnet out then ftp in I can't see anything.  I log in 
fine and 'ls' seems to work, it shows the following:

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls
226 Transfer complete

but nothing is returned.  We have tried this from 2 separate provider 
accounts and both have the same problem.
However, we tried from a 3rd provider and 'ls' worked from there, same 
login, password, everything. I have read the fptd man page for Solaris 2.6 
and have all directories and files in place with correct permissions.  Any 
idea why it will work from inside and a particular provider account but not 
from others????

Note:  I had this exact problem before putting in the /bin, /dev, /etc, and 
/usr directories.  'ls' would work from inside and one provider but not 
from the other 2.

===============================
Jeff Kennedy
Solaris/Microsoft Network Administrator
Information Quest
Carlsbad, CA.  92008
760 431-7474
[email-masked]

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Jeff Kennedy wrote:

> Subject: Can't see anything

Read the guest-howto

----

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653