Subject: Help wu-ftpd-2.4.2

From: "Michael Antonov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:34:45 +0400

Good afternoon.

Ask me sorry for the bad translation on english.

Beside I appeared a problem at the assembly wu-ftpd-2.4.2-betaXX.
Collected only version wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta1, but no possibility to
install virtual ftp-server.

I was tortured to install ftpd on SUN-sparc-Solaris2.5.1 with help
compiler GCC2.8.

Daemon is going to, but files ftpaccess is read not the whole
 (understands only "banner", "class", "limit").

Making ftpd.
gcc -g -DVIRTUAL -I.. -I../support -L../support   -c ftpd.c -o ftpd.o
ftpd.c: In function `main':
ftpd.c:385: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'

Prompt please where my mistake.

---

From: Ming Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

Don't use gcc2.8, it is broken. or try gcc2.8.1 (never used it).

_ming

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Michael Antonov wrote:

->Good afternoon.
->
->Ask me sorry for the bad translation on english.
->
->Beside I appeared a problem at the assembly wu-ftpd-2.4.2-betaXX.
->Collected only version wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta1, but no possibility to
->install virtual ftp-server.
->
->I was tortured to install ftpd on SUN-sparc-Solaris2.5.1 with help
->compiler GCC2.8.
->
->Daemon is going to, but files ftpaccess is read not the whole
-> (understands only "banner", "class", "limit").
->
->Making ftpd.
->gcc -g -DVIRTUAL -I.. -I../support -L../support   -c ftpd.c -o ftpd.o
->ftpd.c: In function `main':
->ftpd.c:385: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
->
->Prompt please where my mistake.
->

============================================================================
Ming Lu                                         Email: [email-masked]
Network Tech Consulting Engineer                Phone: 703-689-5290 (w)
Product Engineering                                    703-855-4194 (m)
Global One Telecommunications, LLT.                    703-689-6575 (f)
============================================================================  
"Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your
 servant cursing you ---- for you know in your heart that many times you
 yourself have cursed others."

---

From: "Auteria Wally Winzer Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:37:07 -0700

Ming;

FYI 2.8.1 will return the same warning message. gcc-2.8.0 isn't broken.
As I stated in another posting, any warnings can be ignored, unless you wish
to rewrite the code to make it squeaky-clean.  Use lint to locate warnings
and errors (if any).  Otherwise, leave the warnings alone, for it will not stop
the compilation unless it exits with an error code number.

- Wally Winzer Jr.
SR. UNIX Systems/Network Administrator
Champion Nutrition
2615 Stanwell Drive
Concord, CA. 94520
email addr: [email-masked]
Phone #1: 945-689-1790
Phone #2: 945-825-3362
Phone #3: 510-599-5241