Subject: Re: Passive mode

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:19:20 EDT

>I am currently using Solaris 5.5.1 and wuftp 2.4-beta16.
>I just upgraded from an earlier version of wuftp.
>
>I have a customer complaining about not being able to
>upload files as before. The complain being I no longer support
>the passive mode; indicating the pasv command.

     The curent version of wu-ftpd supports the PASV command.

>Any ideas or pointers? Where can I get more information on
>the quote and site commands?

     QUOTE is simply an FTP client command that lets you send arbitrary
commands directly to the server, instead of being interpreted by the client
first.  (For example, some older FTP clients don't understand the SITE
command, so to send it to a server, you'd have to type QUOTE SITE.)  For
the wu-ftpd extensions handled by the SITE command, see the wu-ftpd manual
page (man ftpd).

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.