Subject: RE: Can't see anything

From: Jeff Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:40:57 -0700

I have put lib under usr as well as share/lib/zoneinfo.  The whole 
structure looks as follows:

			/ftp

	guest1		guest2		guest3

guest1-ftp	guest2-ftp	guest3-ftp	(these are the chrooted directories)

  bin  dev  usr  etc	 same		 same

bin --> ls
dev -->  zero tcp udp ticotsord
etc  -->  passwd group netconfig
usr  -->  /lib  /share/lib/zoneinfo	

These are all the directories (and the files in the directories) that 
Solaris states are needed.  The fact that it works from some places and not 
others is what really stumps me.

===============================
Jeff Kennedy
Solaris/Microsoft Network Administrator
Information Quest
Carlsbad, CA.  92008
760 431-7474
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From:	Emmett Hogan [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Thursday, April 09, 1998 10:49 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	RE: Can't see anything

This one gets me every time.....you need to put the shared libraries
in place.  It depends on what OS you are running as to what libraries
you need.  Usually it is just libc...put it in either the lib or shlib
(again, depending on the OS) directory in your FTP tree.

Hope this helps,
Emmett

--
Emmett Hogan
Global Networking and Computing
Home Page: http://www.gnac.com/~hogan
Inet: [email-masked]
ICBM: 37d 33' 47" N, 122d 19' 28" W

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 98 15:39:01 CDT

Jeff,

> others is what really stumps me.

Could this be due to differences between the FTP clients at the different
sites ?  Some FTP clients send the LIST command when the user types "ls",
and others send NLST.  One of these two executes locally inside wu-ftpd,
the other invokes an external program which requires the correct shared
libraries.

If all the sites are using the same client, this doesn't explain the
difference - and it might be due to something else anyway, but I thought
I'd run it up the flagpole and see if you salute it.  :-)

I recall you said you'd read the original Solaris man page, and the FAQ,
but I don't recall if you've checked the Solaris "wu-ftpd how-to" at
   http://www.wildheart.org/wu-ftpd/
so if you haven't, it might be worth a look as well.

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "Coder adapt; FTP Ada, redo C"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]