Subject: RE: ls

From: "Speier, Guy J - CNF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:05:38 -0700

I'm affraid I don't understand!

I think that this is a legitimate problem, and something that hasn't
been touched
in either the guest how-to or the faq!  Especially since this is
something that 
has been a problem (ie with command line solaris) yet is currently
working with that
specific situation.

> ----------
> From: 	Michael Brennen[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, April 22, 1998 3:41 PM
> To: 	Speier, Guy J - CNF
> Cc: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	Re: ls 
> 
> 
> The only tips I can point out are in the FAQ and guest howto.  I don't
> know of anyone that has turned up something that those resources
> haven't answered.  There are too many details across too many
> operating systems to give canned answers on this one.
> 
>    -- Michael
> 
> On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Speier, Guy J - CNF wrote:
> 
> > Across the bottom of the screen displays /bin/ls (the correct chroot
> > environment),
> > but it does NOT work!  /bin/ls DOES work for command line & browser!
>

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:18:31 -0500 (CDT)

Solaris is covered in those documents.  I'm not sure where in the FAQ,
but in the guest howto it should be near the bottom.  The mailing list
archives are also very useful; the URL has been posted here many
times, even earlier today.

   -- Michael

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Speier, Guy J - CNF wrote:

> been touched in either the guest how-to or the faq!  Especially
> since this is something that has been a problem (ie with command
> line solaris) yet is currently working with that specific situation.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:27:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Speier, Guy J - CNF wrote:

> been touched in either the guest how-to or the faq!  Especially since
> this is something that has been a problem (ie with command line solaris)
> yet is currently working with that specific situation. 

> > > but it does NOT work!  /bin/ls DOES work for command line & browser!

The server has a built-in 'ls' command which runs if there are no
command-line arguments.  Are you using arguments (say, 'ls -al') when you
try it by-hand?  If not, is the ws-ftp client using arguments?  If this
is the case, your answer is in the FAQ.  If it's not the case, your answer
is probably there too.

If you've become convinced the problem is not covered in the FAQ, you'll
need to provide quite a bit more detail than 'this client doesn't work.'

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653