Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:26:34 +0900

Hi
  I have finished the wu-ftpd-2.4 configeration.My OS is Solaris 2.5.1.
  Now I can't use ls command.And I have "truss -f chroot ~ftp /bin/ls".The message on the console is "can't find /usr/lib/ld.so.1".Then I copy the ld.so.1 to ~ftp/usr/lib.I truss it again and the message is "Open /dev/zero O_RDONLY".The "/dev/zero" is linked "/devices/pseudo/mm@0:zero" is a charact file and it's mode is 666.How can I slove it and please tell me the detail of solution.
Best regards                Email:[email-masked]   1998/4/20

---

From: [email-masked] (Gaston Franco)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:17:28 -0300 (ARG)

hi !

-first, you must to obtain the major and minor number of the special file

#ls -l "/devices/pseudo/mm@0:zero"  
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       13, 12 may   3  1996 /devices/pseudo/mm@0:zero

13 is the major number
12 is the minor number

-second, you  must create the special character file 

#mknod $ftphome/dev/zero c 13 12 

note: $ftphome is the path to your ftp home directorie

PD: in http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd ; menu Setup-scripts 
 you can find scripts for assisting in setting up anonymous ftp

Sorry, my englsih is poor. 

-- 
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
                            Gaston Franco ([email-masked])

                            Red de Interconexion Universitaria 
                               Universidad de Buenos Aires
                       Tel.: (54-1) 511-1200; Fax: (54-1) 787-2656
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:46:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> Now I can't use ls command.And I have "truss -f chroot ~ftp /bin/ls".The
> message on the console is "can't find /usr/lib/ld.so.1".Then I copy the
> ld.so.1 to ~ftp/usr/lib.I truss it again and the message is "Open
> /dev/zero O_RDONLY".The "/dev/zero" is linked
> "/devices/pseudo/mm@0:zero" is a charact file and it's mode is 666.How
> can I slove it and please tell me the detail of solution. 

this is a FAQ

The location of the latest version of wu-ftpd can be found in the 
directory
 
      ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/
 
You can't see the directory contents, so read the message informing you
of the actual filename to retrieve. It's there.
 
wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd FAQ:              http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653