Subject: Wu-ftpd & Netscape etc.

From: "Stig Isaksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:21:49 GMT+200

Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I haven't solved anything in this connection; I just wonder if 
you've got any off list reply or solution to the following quiestion, 
which you wrote on  Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:42:30 -0500:

> I'm having a problem with wu-ftp b15 when connecting from Netscape.
> Most of the time when getting a directory listing the screen finishes
> updating with all of the files, but Netscape doesn't stop (ie: the
> Netscape logo continues to animate, and the connection status indicator
> at the bottom runs back and forth) This will continue forever unless
> the Netscape 'stop' button is pressed. It works the same for uploading
> from Netscape -- the upload will finish but Netscape doesn't
> acknowledge it and just keeps it's dialog on the screen telling the
> user that the upload is progressing. 
>
> Connecting to other ftp servers works fine with the Netscape browsers
> I've tried.

I'm having exactly the same problem, but not at all limited to calls 
to our own server (wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-16]) but also when calling 
several others (and it happens completely irregularly). I have been 
inclined to give Netscape the blame, but I'm not sure, so that's why 
I wonder if you heard anything different. I didn't see any reply to 
your question on the list but it might have appeared there anyway for 
sometimes the list server has been known to devour messages :).

If you have any news on the subject I would be glad to hear from you. 
Otherwise this message is carbon copied to the list as well to awaken 
the question in case it just fell asleep :).

Best Regards,
Stig
------------------------------------------------------------
Stig Isaksson
Dialekt- och ortnamnsarkivet
Helgonabacken 14
S-223 62 LUND
S W E D E N
tel.: +46 46 222 74 68   fax: +46 46 15 23 81
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.dal.lu.se/

<Forstaor MIME    Understands MIME>
------------------------------------------------------------