Subject: Re: GETTING LS TO WORK

From: "Henrik Steffen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:19:05 +0100

>I thinnk I can help you with this one, but first check the faq
>so that we're on the same page!
>

Hello!

I believe my problem is quite similar to the message:

"ls doesn't show files, yes, it's statically linked, I read the FAQ"

The chroot worked fine for me, too. But ftp-ing in and typing
ls doen't return the filelist.

I have installed a static ls, which is at about 140922 bytes (compared
to /bin/ls: 35692 bytes), so I believe it's correct, however, typing
ldd /netusers/home/bin/ls gives  libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x40009000)
which is exactly the same as ldd /bin/ls

Strange, isn't it?

Greetings
Henrik

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:04:46 -0400 (EDT)

> which is exactly the same as ldd /bin/ls

Nah.  But you should be seeing 'statically linked (ELF)' or something
similar.  Try building from known sources and not that crap RHL ships.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653