Subject: Troubles with guest access

From: Maurice Powers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:08:35 -0600

Hello!

I am going through a set of instructions here to limit guest accounts to
their home directory.  I have gone through this 3 times now, and I have
gotten no different results.

I am a rookie at this so some things I am just ignorant on, please bear
with me.

I am using Slackware Linux 3.3 /w kernel 2.0.32.  I I am not sure what
version of wu-ftpd I have and I am unsure how to even find that information.

What I am seeing is: when I log in with a guest account, I get the
restriction that I need to prevent me from getting into a higher directory,
but I get no listing of the contents of my directory.  I have tried in my
~/bin directory a "soft" and a "hard" link for ls, and neither makes a
difference.

I am not on this list and I am unsure of even how to join it.  So, if
someone could let me know, I would be pleased.  Also, I have looked for a
web site for wu-ftpd.  I am sure that there is one, but I am unsure of
where it is.  Any and all help with this will be appreciated!

Thanks!