Subject: Re: root access?

From: [email-masked] (Rob Lingelbach)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:21:45 -0800

On Mar 26, 15:43, Matthew Emmerton wrote:
} Subject: Re: root access?

> 
> Check your ftpusers files on both machines.
> 

neither machine has an ftpusers file, /etc/shells is the same on each
machine, and ftp is in neither machine's /etc/passwd (anonymous ftp is
disabled).

-- 
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
[email-masked]         |"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or 
[email-masked]            |  cat is not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
[email-masked]                    KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:37:47 -0500 (EST)

> machine, and ftp is in neither machine's /etc/passwd (anonymous ftp is

you use diff or sight-verify?  look for typos in /etc/passwd /etc/shells
and/or ftpaccess

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653