Subject: Problem with ftphosts

From: Harshal Savalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:00:02 +0500 (IST)

Hello,

	Today I was  checking  the  functionality  of  ftphosts  file in
	wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.  I  think  it   interprets   the   "deny"
	directive  differently  than  what  it  actually  should  do.  I
	specified following directive in the ftphosts file :

	deny   root       some.host.name

	But after  that any user  logging in as "root" is denied  access
	irrespective  of the host from  where he has done ftp.  Actually
	it   should   deny   access   only   to  the   "root"   user  of
	"som.host.name".  Is this is a bug in code of  hostacc.c  file ?
	Can anyone throw light on it ?

	Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harshal

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harshal Savalia					email : [email-masked]
Hewlett Packard - ISO				Phone : (91)(80)2251554 x 1424
30C, Cunningham Road				Fax   : (91)(80)2200196
Bangalore 560 052				Telnet: 847-1424
India.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Harshal Savalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:37:38 +0500 (IST)

Hello Gaston,

> see in the ftpusers file ... 
> if the user root is listed in this file, then the access is denied.

	In my ftpusers file only entries are
		nobody
		nuucp

	So it is not a problemm of  ftpusers  file.  When I comment  out
	the deny  directive  specified as above form  ftphosts file then
	"root" users are allowed from all hosts.

	Thank you very much for your valuable input.

With Regards,
Harshal

---

From: [email-masked] (Gaston Franco)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:55:37 -0300 (ARG)

-- 
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
                            Gaston Franco ([email-masked])

                            Red de Interconexion Universitaria 
                               Universidad de Buenos Aires
                       Tel.: (54-1) 511-1200; Fax: (54-1) 787-2656
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%