Subject: 2.4.2b16 on DEC Unix (3.0, 3.2C, and 4.0D)

From: Marc Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:18:27 -0500

Hi -

I have been trying to get wu-ftpd version 2.4.2-beta16 working on DEC Unix.
I have access to 3 versions, all of which exhibit the problems I describe
below.

Problem 1 is that as hard as I try I can not seem to get uploaded files
(from the anonymous user) to have the desired UID/GID from the ftpaccess
configuration file. The UID ftp is always used.

Problem 2 is that after any 1 upload or download, the connection is ALWAYS
closed, requiring the user to log back in. This is not true for any commands
that do not result in a file transfer. I should note that mget/mput has
the same results, which are quite unpleasent.

Is anyone else seeing these problems? Does anyone have modified code that
addresses these problems that I could just use, or shall I begin the process
of debugging the root of these problems?

Thanks in advance - Marc
===============================================================================
Marc Evans                            WB1GRH      The Destek Networking Group
E-Mail: [email-masked]                           One Indian Head Plaza
URL: http://WWW.Destek.NET/~marc                  Nashua, NH, USA 03060
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            603 594 9630 (V) 598 8864 (F)
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                WAN & Internet Services
PGP-2.6 Fingerprint:  20 7C A2 DB 17 B2 21 80  47 AA B9 CD D9 DE 31 CC
       The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <[email-masked]>
===============================================================================

---

From: Bob Whitehouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:19:07 -0000

Marc,

I am running beta16 on DEC Unix (3.0b) without problem. But I am not doing
anonymous FTP, I use real and guest accounts only.

1. I have not tried to modify UID/GID, so do not know if I have same
behaviour.

2. I have not seen this, I can store/retrieve many files in one session
without problem

Bob W
----------
> From: Marc Evans <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: 2.4.2b16 on DEC Unix (3.0, 3.2C, and 4.0D)
> Date: Saturday, March 14, 1998 10:18
> 
> Hi -
> 
============================================================================
===
>        The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <[email-masked]>
============================================================================
===