Subject: xferlog inbound only

From: "Stig Isaksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:15:46 GMT+200

Good afternoon,

I'm running beta-16 on Solaris 2.5.1 and everything seems to work 
fine except logging to xferlog.

The manual page ftpd(8) states: "The i-option is overridden by the 
ftpaccess(5) file" (and likewise for the o-option). This doesn't seem 
to be true:

1. My command line in inetd.conf ends with ftpd -a -i -o

2. Incoming and only incoming file transfers are logged in xferlog.

Could it really be the case that the -o option is overridden by 
ftpaccess but not the -i option?

I have tried to have the parms in a different order but nothing seems 
to help; only incoming transfers are logged. That I have them space 
separated is because of the "dying with single parm" syndrome.

What does the manpage actually mean by "overridden by the ftpaccess 
file"?

I know the topic has been touched upon on the list before but I don't
remember if any solution emerged.

Hopefully somebody has experienced this also - and remedied it :).

Best Regards,
Stig

------------------------------------------------------------
Stig Isaksson
Dialekt- och ortnamnsarkivet
Helgonabacken 14
S-223 62 LUND
S W E D E N
tel.: +46 46 222 74 68   fax: +46 46 15 23 81
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.dal.lu.se/

<Forstaor MIME    Understands MIME>
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Harshal Savalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:42:50 +0500 (IST)

Hello Stig,

	I am facing  similar type of problem.  I had sent a mail on this
	yesterday itself.  But nobody replied to it!

	Check  your  ftpaccess  file  and look  for the  directive  "log
	transfers".  I think it will be something like this

	log transfers  real,guest,anonymous,ftp  inbound

	as in your case it is logging only  incoming  transfers.  I have
	experienced  that  until you  specify  this  directive  for both
	inbound and outbound  there is no effect of command line options
	"-i" and "-o". So modify it as below :

	log transfers  real,guest,anonymous,ftp  inbound,outbound

	I don't know whether this is a correct  solution, but atleast it
	works for me.  Please let me know after you solve your problem.

Regards,
Harshal