Subject: WU-FTP config

From: "Moreno, Dennis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:58:00 -0800

Hi-
     
     I need to configure WU-ftp on Sol. 2.5.1 for SPARC.
     
     I'd like to configure it so I can have a single local ftp account that 
     could be used internally to upload/delete files. I also want to have a 
     password protected guest account for external users to download files.
     
     I've installed and created a guest account that allows downloading of 
     files. It doesn't allow write/delete/rename. But I'm having trouble 
     setting up the internal ftp account. I want the internal account to be 
     "chrooted" like the guest account, except with the ability to upload 
     and delete files.
     
     I've read alot of FAQs but can't seem to find specifics to my desired 
     configuration. Do you have any sample config files I could use as a 
     guide?
     
     Also-
     My ftp server uses a virtual interface. Any special treatment for 
     this?
     
     Many thanks
     
     dennis

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:28:41 -0500 (EST)

> password protected guest account for external users to download files. 

Both are guestgroup accounts.  Revoke write permissions for the external
users.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653