Subject: CA-97.16.ftpd - ftpd Signal Handling Vulnerability

From: Harshal Savalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 19:13:39 +0500 (IST)

Hello,

	Today when I was looking  for the fix of  CA-97.16.ftpd  - "ftpd
	Signal  Handling  Vulnerability"  I noted that the modified code
	portion is included with

		#ifdef NEED_SIGFIX
			
			...
			sigfix code...
			...

		#endif

	But  NEED_SIGFIX  is defined only in  config.lnx  file.  Does it
	mean that this code portion is only for linux operating system ?
	Can I use it for HP-UX ?  Will it work for it ?

	Any suggestions are welcomed...

Thanks,
Harshal
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harshal Savalia					email : [email-masked]
Hewlett Packard - ISO				Phone : (91)(80)2251554 x 1424
30C, Cunningham Road				Fax   : (91)(80)2200196
Bangalore 560 052				Telnet: 847-1424
India.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------