Subject: guest access problems.

From: Patrick Cuevas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:21:16 -0800

Hello,

	I am trying to set up guest access ftp accounts.  I have gotten the set up
so that the chroot is working correctly.  When I try to put something to
the account it says it that the command is successful but when I look in
the dir there is nothing in the file.  Also when ever I try to do a 'ls' it
gives the following error

Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Looking at the FAQ it appears to be due to a missing lib.  I tried adding
local to the account directories that should fix it but they do not appear
to work. 

ftpaccount/bin
				/ls (I cp'd it as per the instructions in the guest account how to)
			/etc
				/passwd (also set up as per guest account how to)
				/group	(ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto)
			/lib
				/lb.so
				/lb.so.1
				/libc.so
				/libdl.so

All the file and dir permissions where changed according to the FAQ.

The machine that it is running on is a Sparc running Solaris 5.5, and the
version of wu_ftp is b13.

I don't know what I am missing....if any one can help I would greatly
appreciate it.

Patrick Cuevas

---

From: Patrick Cuevas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:04:16 -0800

Thanks for the responses...I figured it out I added in /dev/zero /tcp /udp
into the usr dirs and that cleared it up.

Patrick