Subject: segv on Solaris 2.5.1 (academ-BETA16)

From: Dave Pascoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:14:00 -0500 (EST)

academ ftpd (2.4.2-BETA16) is dying (with signal 11) right out of the gate
when running as 'in.ftpd -a'

When running as 'in.ftpd -a -d' it seems to work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any pointers appreciated...I've already
checked the list archives.

--
Dave Pascoe  | mailto:[email-masked]  |  Voice: 508.647.7362
K M 3 T      | http://www.mathworks.com   |    FAX: 508.647.7002
PGP fingerprint: 53 AD 71 88 2F AA 45 AC D0 2E 68 91 71 77 39 AF

---

From: "Stig Isaksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:35:51 GMT+200

Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:14:00 -0500 (EST) Dave Pascoe wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this? 

Hi Dave,

If !!! It has given me and evidently also some others several new 
gray hairs. But the solution is simple. Please see reply to this list 
by Josef Siemes 3 March. The simplest solution for the time being 
(there is a better one also - see thread mentioned below) is to use 
at least two paramaters, and keep them separated: in.ftpd -a -d 
(e.g. in.ftpd -ad is just as fatal).

There was a whole thread about this bug by the end of december. 
You'll find the documentation at address given in Josef's msg.

Best Regards!
Stig

------------------------------------------------------------
Stig Isaksson
Dialekt- och ortnamnsarkivet
Helgonabacken 14
S-223 62 LUND
S W E D E N
tel.: +46 46 222 74 68   fax: +46 46 15 23 81
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.dal.lu.se/

<Forstaor MIME    Understands MIME>
------------------------------------------------------------