Subject: Patch for full Kerberos 5 support

From: Nathan Neulinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:14:50 -0600

I have put together a patch that adds full Kerberos 5 support to 
wuftpd 2.4.2 beta 16. 

This not only adds support for verifying passwords via kerberos 5, but it 
also adds support for GSSAPI authenticated/encrypted connections - which 
allows full use of the kerberos ftp client functionality.

I know the statement that has been made in the past about 'new features', 
but this does add considerable functionality for sites using kerberos 5, 
functionality that would otherwise be seriously lacking and prevent use 
of wuftpd. At least give some though to adding this support since it will 
greatly benefit anyone using krb5.

The patch is at:

	http://www.umr.edu/~nneul/krb5/patch.wuftpd.242b16

The support that the patch adds can be almost entirely shut off by the 
presence of the KRB5 define. The functionality that is not disabled is 
the presence of a couple additional commands in the parser, however they 
won't do anything unless KRB5 is defined.

The patch only modifies the linux Makefile, but the change in the 
Makefile is simple enough to apply to any of the other architectures.

For those of you using AFS w/ krb5, I will probably be adapting Ken
Hornstein's patches for the kerberos ftpd to this one soon (support for
aklog, app-defaults.)

BTW - Anyone with krb5 experience - please take a look at this, it's 
possible I may have missed something. It's based heavily on the MIT code. 
Please try it out and see if it works ok for you. It seems to work pretty 
well for me.

-- Nathan

------------------------------------------------------------
Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  [email-masked]
University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-4841
Computing Services                       Fax: (573) 341-4216