Subject: Kicking users.....

From: "Billy Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:13:06 +0100

Sometimes when using FTPWHO, I see that some users are just IDLE....
Is it possible to kick them of my server ????
They're just keeping my server full of users.....

Thanx...
Alex

---

From: Kevin Pearsall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:22:09 -0800

Yes.  kill -9 <pid>

-kevin

At 01:13 PM 2/26/98 +0100, you wrote:
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content='"MSHTML 4.71.1712.3"' name=GENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Sometimes when using FTPWHO, I see 
>that some users are just IDLE....</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Is it possible to kick them of my 
>server ????</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>They're just keeping my server full 
>of users.....</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Thanx...</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Alex</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  ______   ___  ______   ____)\_____________________________________
 / ___ /__/  /_/ ___ /__/  /__/__   __/  \__/ _ /_  ____/ _ /_      )
 \_____  /______/____  /___\___//__/ /__\__ \____/__   /_____/_/___/
       )/            )/                    )/      \__(
---------------------------------------------------------------------
             Kevin Pearsall - Technical Support Engineer
Elektroson Inc - manufacturers of Gear, the Standard in CD-R Software
        2105 South Bascom Ave., Suite #160, Campbell CA 95008
           phone[1.408.371.4800] - support[1.408.371.4995]
            fax[1.408.371.4895] - web[www.elektroson.com]
     email[[email-masked]] - email[[email-masked]]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
We now have time-locked trial versions of our software!! You can find
 them at ftp://ftp.elektroson.com/pub/demos/. GEAR, GEAR Audio, GEAR
         Replicator, and WebGrabber are currently available.
--- <eof> -----------------------------------------------------------