Subject: guestgroup umasks

From: "Rice, Kevin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:49:29 -0600

Is there any way to set a umask for a guestgroup to 022? I tried putting
it in the .profile of the chroot'ed directory, but that didn't seem to
work. Any ideas?

Kevin Rice
SPSS, Inc.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:27:18 -0600 (CST)

For daemon wide use, put -u022 on the command line in inetd.conf, or
change the CMASK in ftpd.c and recompile.  There are also specific
permission overrides on the upload directive in /etc/ftpaccess.

   -- Michael

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 08:43:29 +0000 (GMT)

> it in the .profile of the chroot'ed directory, but that didn't seem to

You can set specific umasks for specific guestgroups with my patch, see
http://www.spin.ch/~tpo/linux/academ-patch.html.

*
t

   "This Perl language is wonderfull. Where can I get it - from Microsoft?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------