Subject: Bug report for wu-ftpd-beta-16 under AIX 4.2.1

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:55:16 CST

I have found the following bugs with beta-16 under AIX 4.2.1 and
developed the following fixes:

Apologies for not sending this in patch form, but I don't
know the commands for building the patch file.  (help anyone?)

(1)  Symptom:  The pids files keep growing in size.

     Cause:    In access.c, the calls to lseek() are silently
               failing because off_t is type long long (64 bits)
               in AIX.

     Solution: All five instances of:

               lseek(pidfd, 0, L_SET);

               need to be recast to:

               lseek(pidfd, (off_t)0, SEEK_SET);

(2)  Symptom:  The ftpwho and ftpcount commands fail with:

               ftpcount: could not malloc aclbuf: Invalid argument

     Cause:    In ftpcount.c, finfo.st_size is of type off_t,
               which is long long (64 bits), and needs to be cast
               as (size_t) in order to work with malloc
               and fread.

     Solution: change all four occurrences of:

               finfo.st_size

               to:

               (size_t)finfo.st_size

Who should I report this bug to officially, or have I just done it?

Thanks!

- John Schulien
  UIC Computer Center
  Systems Group