Subject: CA-97.16: ftpd Signal Handling Vulnerability

From: Dirk Rudloff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:33:27 +0100

hello all,
I've just looked at the CA-97.16: ftpd Signal Handling Vulnerability and
I'm concerned what this security lack is about and wether it is fixed in
wu-ftpd.
Is there anyone who can provide me some more information about this
security lack and the solution?
Thanks
Dirk.

---

From: Gregory A Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:56:53 -0500 (EST)

You should have READ the advisory instead of just the subject ...

>From the body of it I see:

wu-ftpd Academ beta version===========================
    The current version of wu-ftpd (Academ beta version), wu-ftpd
    2.4.2-beta-12, does not contain the vulnerability described in this
    advisory.  Sites using earlier versions should upgrade to the current
    version immediately.  At the time of writing, the current version can
    be retrieved from:        ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Dirk Rudloff wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:33:27 +0100
> From: Dirk Rudloff <[email-masked]>
> To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: CA-97.16: ftpd Signal Handling Vulnerability 
> 
> hello all,

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: [email-masked] [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653