Subject: wrong timezone with syslog

From: [email-masked] (Gaston Franco)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:50:11 -0300 (ARG)

hi!

i running wu-ftpd-2.4.2-academ[BETA-16] on a SparcStation with 
Solaris 2.5.1 and i had the following problem 

the ftpd daemon is execute by the inetd with the following arguments
./ftpd -ioal

when the ftp daemon log to the syslog ( and the xferlog too )
the time stamp is wrong ... it ignores the actual timezone
(GMT-3 for us) 

following is a connection and the log ...

# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.
220 hostpru.domain FTP server (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-16](1) Mon Feb 23 19:28:10 ARG 1998) ready.
Name (localhost:root): 

# Feb 24 21:42:50 hostpru ftpd[28487]: FTP LOGIN REFUSED (bad shell or username in /ftpd/ftpusers) FROM localhost [127.0.0.1], root

This problem occurs also when anonymous is not configured.

Does anybody know a solution for this ? is there any patch to apply ?

thanks . 

-- 
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
                            Gaston Franco ([email-masked])

                            Red de Interconexion Universitaria 
                               Universidad de Buenos Aires
                       Tel.: (54-1) 511-1200; Fax: (54-1) 787-2656
                       %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 98 16:28:54 CST

> the time stamp is wrong ... it ignores the actual timezone

The first thing I'd recommend is to check out the FAQ, sections 1.5.7
and 1.5.8; this is available at
   http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
or via a link on Kent Landfield's WU-FTPD Resource Center at
   http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "I say ETA FTP ?  Me tempt fate, ya ?  Si !"
                                 [http://www.dhc.net/~luckin/palindromes.html]