Subject: group upload

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:17:50 +0100

Hi,

I have the following problem with wu-ftpd version 2.4.2-academ[BETA-14] on Sun
Solaris 2.5 machine:

I have an upload directory for a group (four users). Members of the group can
upload their files and everyone in the group should be able to change each
other files. To accomplish I definied the following rule in ftpaccess:

upload /info/www /wwwdir/facilitair/* yes dbzschra fac 0775

Thus every new file should be owned by user dbzschra and group fac with write
permission for the group.

As you may have guessed the upload rule doesn't work. Every new file is owned
by the user who uploaded the file. I've checked and re-checked the path
(/info...). Are "*" not allowed?

Any suggestion?

Ivan
p.s. the group set-ID bit is set on facilitair:
drwxrwsr-x  18 dbzschra fac      1536 Feb  2 21:52 /info/www/wwwdir/facilitair

----
Ivan Saez Scheihing , Eindhoven University of Technology
Information and Communication Technology Services 1.33,  +31 40 2472139
P.O.Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
E-Mail: [email-masked]