Subject: Symlinks & alien filesystems

From: "Stig Isaksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 23:00:44 GMT+200

Many thanks to Gregory Lundberg and Koos van den Hout for 
enlightening me about symlinks and chrooted environments and thus 
solving my problem. The problem really *is* trivial - once it's 
solved :-).

I used a loopback mount of part of the new file system which I 
mounted on a suitable directory inside the ftp root hierarchy.

The simple formula for loopback mounts follows for the benefit of 
those who may need it (and are lucky to have a system which allows 
it):

mount -F lofs <(part of) real file system> <new virtual mount point>

Stig

------------------------------------------------------------
Stig Isaksson
Dialekt- och ortnamnsarkivet
Helgonabacken 14
S-223 62 LUND
S W E D E N
tel.: +46 46 222 74 68   fax: +46 46 15 23 81
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.dal.lu.se/

<Forstaor MIME    Understands MIME>
------------------------------------------------------------