Subject: Re: cannot see the dir. listing under guest accounts

From: Mark Bergstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:02:06 -0600 (CST)

excerpt:
# After checking out the archives I have given up hope, but perhaps someone
# can help.
# 
# I am setting up guest ftp accounts on WU-ftp 2.4(1) ( I do not really
want to upgrade unless really necessary)
# 

Why in the world not?  The releases keep iteratively fixing more and more
found problems.  Unless you have a strange urge to re-experience all of the
bugs that have been found.

Beta-16 first.  Then ask again later if troubles persist

second excerpt:
# Do the etc hacks, create the "ls" file in a sub dircectory of the chroot
# dir. But when the user logs in they can not see any of the files, "ls" is
# definetly executable by all. I believe its got to be something to do with
# the permissions to list the directory but I am stumped.
# 
# If any one can help I would be very grateful.
# 
# Kind REgards
# 
# 
# Stuart Jenkins

Sounds very much like you have not built a static 'ls'.
After the beta-16 build install and a build of a non-dynamically-linked
'ls', you might want to mention what OS you are dealing with if this continues.

Cheers
Mark
________________________________________________________________________________
UNIX RED-CAR-LINE TEAM--Will GM and Goodyear buy us too?