Subject: building on AIX

From: "Speier, Guy J - CNF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:13:27 -0800

Hello,

I'm tring to build on AIX (4.2.1.0) and get the following output from
./build aix

	make args are : 
	make opts are : 

	Linking Makefiles.

	Making support library.
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO   -c getusershell.c
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO   -c fnmatch.c
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO   -c strcasestr.c
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO   -c strsep.c
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO   -c authuser.c
	In file included from /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:41,
	                 from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/unistd.h:35
4,
	                 from ../src/config.h:38,
	                 from authuser.c:6:
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: parse error before `soff_t'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: parse error before `st_blocks'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: warning: data definition has no
type or storage class
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:148: parse error before `}'
	make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

	Stop.

	Making ftpd.
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO -I.. -I../support -L../support -c
ftpd.c
	In file included from ftpd.c:54:

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/sys/param.h
:46: warning: `PAGESIZE' redefined
	/usr/include/sys/limits.h:271: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition
	In file included from /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:41,
	                 from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/unistd.h:35
4,
	                 from config.h:38,
	                 from ftpd.c:51:
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: parse error before `soff_t'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: parse error before `st_blocks'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: warning: data definition has no
type or storage class
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:148: parse error before `}'
	ftpd.c: In function `retrieve':
	ftpd.c:1746: storage size of `st' isn't known
	ftpd.c:1747: storage size of `junk' isn't known
	ftpd.c: In function `store':
	ftpd.c:2006: storage size of `st' isn't known
	ftpd.c: In function `delete':
	ftpd.c:2941: storage size of `st' isn't known
	ftpd.c: In function `renamefrom':
	ftpd.c:3145: storage size of `st' isn't known
	ftpd.c: In function `gunique':
	ftpd.c:3421: storage size of `st' isn't known
	ftpd.c: In function `send_file_list':
	ftpd.c:3480: storage size of `st' isn't known
	make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

	Stop.

	Making ftpcount.
	        yacc  ftpcmd.y
	        mv y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
	        sh newvers.sh
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO -I.. -I../support -L../support -c
vers.c
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ftpcount ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport -ls
	In file included from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/sys/file.h:
21,
	                 from ftpcount.c:49:

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/sys/param.h
:46: warning: `PAGESIZE' redefined
	/usr/include/sys/limits.h:271: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition
	In file included from /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:41,
	                 from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/unistd.h:35
4,
	                 from config.h:38,
	                 from ftpcount.c:32:
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: parse error before `soff_t'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: parse error before `st_blocks'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: warning: data definition has no
type or storage class
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:148: parse error before `}'
	ftpcount.c: In function `main':
	ftpcount.c:326: storage size of `finfo' isn't known
	make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

	Stop.

	Making ftpshut.
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport -ls
	In file included from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/sys/file.h:
21,
	                 from ftpshut.c:47:

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/sys/param.h
:46: warning: `PAGESIZE' redefined
	/usr/include/sys/limits.h:271: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition
	In file included from /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:41,
	                 from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/unistd.h:35
4,
	                 from config.h:38,
	                 from ftpshut.c:37:
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: parse error before `soff_t'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: parse error before `st_blocks'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: warning: data definition has no
type or storage class
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:148: parse error before `}'
	ftpshut.c: In function `main':
	ftpshut.c:151: storage size of `finfo' isn't known
	make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

	Stop.

	Making ckconfig.
	        cc -O2 -D_NO_PROTO -I.. -I../support -L../support -o
ckconfig ckconfig.c
	In file included from /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:41,
	                 from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.7.2.2/include/unistd.h:35
4,
	                 from config.h:38,
	                 from ckconfig.c:32:
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: parse error before `soff_t'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:127: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: parse error before `st_blocks'
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:135: warning: data definition has no
type or storage class
	/usr/include/sys/stat.h:148: parse error before `}'
	ckconfig.c: In function `main':
	ckconfig.c:44: storage size of `sbuf' isn't known
	make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

	Stop.

	Links to executables are in bin directory:
	size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpd.
	size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpcount.
	size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpshut.
	size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpwho.
	size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ckconfig.
	Done