Subject: Re: ftpaccess is ignored

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:37:21 EST

Are you using the -a option to ftpd in your inetd configuration?

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.

>This is strange: I'm just installing a beta-16 to run a second
>server on a non-standard port.
>
>I've modified the config and log file locations in pathnames.h, and the
>installation paths in the relevant makefile.
>
>All goes well, I end up with a second complete installation and it runs fine on
>it's own port pair (4020/4021).
>
>All the configs work OK EXCEPT ftpaccess - even if I remove this it has no
>effect! No, it isn't a typo in pathnames.h, and just to be sure I checked that
>it isn't affected by the "standard" setup, which uses /etc/ftpaccess.
>
>This vexing, to say the least. Any ideas, anyone?
>  
>-- 
>Keith Oborn      Sony Communication Network UK       0171 426 8655
>15th Floor, Commercial Union Tower, 1, Undershaft, London EC3A 8EE
>home: [email-masked]             office: [email-masked]