Subject: Compiling errores

From: "Claudia Gaete I" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:43:50 -0400

Hi

I'm compiling wu-2.4.2 beta16 under Solaris 2.6 and I got  this error.

cc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support  -c  ftpd.c
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous
macro at
 "./config.h", line 22
"ftpd.c", line 1575:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
"ftpd.c", line 1963:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
"ftpd.c", line 2207:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
"ftpd.c", line 2338:  (in preprocessor if): syntax error
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd.o'

Any Help?

---

From: Jim Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:26:22 -0700 (MST)

> "/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like you're compiling with the eevil, losing, bletcherous
/usr/ucb/cc.  Don't.  Use the nonbletcherous compiler (usually installed
in /opt/SUNWspro/bin) instead, or gcc if you prefer.  Either should work
just fine.