Subject: ftpaccess is ignored

From: Keith Oborn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:10:53 +0000

This is strange: I'm just installing a beta-16 to run a second
server on a non-standard port.

I've modified the config and log file locations in pathnames.h, and the
installation paths in the relevant makefile.

All goes well, I end up with a second complete installation and it runs fine on
it's own port pair (4020/4021).

All the configs work OK EXCEPT ftpaccess - even if I remove this it has no
effect! No, it isn't a typo in pathnames.h, and just to be sure I checked that
it isn't affected by the "standard" setup, which uses /etc/ftpaccess.

This vexing, to say the least. Any ideas, anyone?
  
-- 
Keith Oborn      Sony Communication Network UK       0171 426 8655
15th Floor, Commercial Union Tower, 1, Undershaft, London EC3A 8EE
home: [email-masked]             office: [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:29:55 -0600 (CST)

This is a FAQ; add the -a parameter in the inetd.conf command line.

   -- Michael

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Keith Oborn wrote:

> All the configs work OK EXCEPT ftpaccess - even if I remove this it
> has no effect! No, it isn't a typo in pathnames.h, and just to be
> sure I checked that it isn't affected by the "standard" setup, which
> uses /etc/ftpaccess.