Subject: uploading as a certain group

From: Paul Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:37:50 +0200 (SAT)

Hi there,

i would like to know how one would tell the ftp daemon to make a certain
file that has been uploaded in a group that i specify. Ie, i want all ppl
to upload files as group foo, instead of group users.

the only thing that remoteley resembles this is the flag -u (umask). But
this is - of course - not what i want ;)

cheers
paul

----------------------
Paul Brown
Global Internet Access
Systems Administrator
[email-masked]

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:53:40 +0000 (GMT)

> this is - of course - not what i want ;)

Try this:
http://www.spin.ch/SPIN/tpo/homepage/linux/academ-patch.html

If you do, and you do with V.16 then would you drop me a note?
*
t

   "This Perl language is wonderful. Where can I get it - from Microsoft?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------