Subject: BETA 16 on Digital Unix w/C2 security

From: Dorit Eitan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:25:09 +0200 (IST)

Hello,
I have installed the above version, and it is working OK when the line in
/etc/inetd.conf looks like this:
ftp  stream  tcp nowait  root   /usr/local/etc/tcpd  /usr/local/etc/ftpd
 
When I add the parameters "-a -l" to the line, the ftp does not work.  
I am using Digital Unix version 4.0b on DEC 3000.  I am using the
following files for ftpaccess and xferlog:
 
# ls -l /usr/local/logs /usr/local/lib/ftpd/ftpaccess /var/log/xferlog 
-rw-r--r--   1 root  system  6494 Jan 26 14:30
/usr/local/lib/ftpd/ftpaccess
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  system     8 Jan 27 08:11 /usr/local/logs@
->/var/log/
-rw-r--r--   1 root  system     0 Jan 27 08:11 /var/log/xferlog
 
Is there anything wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Dorit Eitan,
UNIX Group,
Technion Computer Center.