Subject: Invisible Ftp Again

From: Yan Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:46:51 -0600

Hi all:
    Thanks for all the responses.
    I am not using a virtual ftp.
    Ftp's purpose is pretty much as anonymouse ftp with a usrename and
password and a home directory which they can't get out of. In my case,
the username is telemagic, the home directory is /home/telemagic.

my directory information:

drwxr-xr-x   5 telemagi ftpuser      1024 Jan 22 08:37 telemagic

under telemagic

drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jan 21 12:02 bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jan 22 08:38 etc
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jan 21 11:49 lib

under bin

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        14776 Jan 21 12:02 compress
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        42285 Jan 21 12:02 cpio
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        45277 Jan 21 12:02 gzip
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        22977 Jan 21 12:02 ls
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        77873 Jan 21 12:02 tar
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        45277 Jan 21 12:02 zcat

under etc

-r--r--r--   1 root     daemon         31 Jan 21 10:39 group
-r--r--r--   1 root     daemon        102 Jan 22 08:36 passwd

my group file

root::0:root
ftpuser::400:hal

my password file

root:*:0:0::/:/etc/ftponly
telemagic:*:403:400:Caldera Desktop User:/home/telemagic/./:/etc/ftponly

Again, it does everything I want it to do in dos, but when I log in
using web or cuteftp, it does not show any
thing in the directory. I can upload, yet I don't see anything.

I am using linux 1.2.13.

thanks a lot.

yan