Subject: beta-16 problem - more info

From: Alan Halachmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:24:51 -0600 (CST)

Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
strsep                              private.o
strcasestr                          access.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ftpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ftpd] Error 1

I went into ~ftp/src and executed the command:
find ./ -type f -exec grep strsep {} \;

I only found strsep in private.c and conversions.c   
How does one define these symbols?

Alan

Alan Halachmi, Head of Internet Services| UNIX and Networking Consultant
Solaris Administrator/ Web Design       | Ingram Entertainment &
Montgomery Bell Academy                 |       SpeedServe, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]       | mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.montgomerybell.com           | http://www.speedserve.com

---

From: Dave Wreski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:10:59 -0500 (EST)

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

See the support directory.  There are a few lines in the makefile that are
specific to 2.6, and perhaps that's your problem.

The two functions are defined in ./support/strcasestr.c and
./support/strsep.c, and linked to form libsupport.a.

Its odd, because without any modifications, it compiles fine on 2.6 sparc.

Dave