Subject: WU-ftpD and Solaris2.6

From: "Claudia Gaete I" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:01:47 -0400

I'm new in the list. Here are 2 questions:

which version of wu-ftpd is year 2000 compliant (2.4, 2.4.2, some beta,
etc)?
Has anybody compiled that version in Solaris 2.6? Any problem or
consideration?

Best Regards
Claudia Gaete I.
Technology Project Manager
Redbanc S.A.
Huerfanos 770, 12th Floor, Santiago, Chile
Phone : (562) 674 67 00
Fax : (562) 671 10 09

---

From: Dave Wreski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:09:40 -0500 (EST)

> which version of wu-ftpd is year 2000 compliant (2.4, 2.4.2, some beta,

I sure hope you won't be using the version that's available in 2000 that
your using today.. Anyway, it is prudent to use the 2.4.2-BETA-16 at this
point.

> Has anybody compiled that version in Solaris 2.6? Any problem or

Compiles and runs fine, but not fully tested..  Just be sure that if your
using gcc, you've compiled it for a 2.6 box, as there are significant
library changes between 2.5.1 and 2.6.

Dave