Subject: /var/adm/wtmp[x] getting really large...

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -
	I'm currently running 2.4.2-beta-14 without any problems other
than my /var/adm/wtmp[x] files are getting huge (to the point of filling
up /var).  Currently I just wipe /var/adm/wtmp[x] once a week and let it
go at that.  However I'd rather not do that as I'd like to keep some of
the information in there.  I'd also rather not rotate the files since I
don't care *that much*.
	So the only other option is to make wu-ftpd not log to wtmp[x].  I
think I can do that by modifying the logwtmp function to just return true,
but before I did that I was wondering if there is an obscure option
somewhere else (either command line, or in the Makefile) that I could set
that would accomplish this correctly.
	Also - are there any side effects (other than not having ftp
entries for last, etc..) I should know about?  Such as ftpcount/ftpwho not
working?  Are there any other options?

Thanks! -philip

-- 
Philip Hallstrom                 Sierra Online Services
[email-masked]      http://www.sierra.com/