Subject: Questions...

From: Alan Halachmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:18:12 -0600 (CST)

OK,

	I applied the patch for 2.6 to the beta-16 code and there is no
more denial of service.  Now, here's the situation...
Regardless of if I'm using the -a option or not the anonymous ftp works.
I also have some accounts setup...
one is /home/user1  the other is /home/user2/./
So, if I turn OFF the -a option, both of these accounts work fine (except
that the user2 account doesn't chroot).  However, when I USE the -a option
the user1 account and the user2 account list the directory fine if I'm
ftping to 127.0.0.1, but remotely the user1 account doesn't return
the directory listing from ls; and with the user2 account ls returns
no information and gives a core dump.

	I'm running a 2.6 (x86) box using the latest version of egcs
(gcc).  My version of wu-ftpd is BETA-16.  I've copied the proper
libraries w/ their original ownership and permissions to the ~/usr/lib for
user2; and the same goes for ~/bin.  In the dev dir I've got tcp and zero
and their major/minor numbers match those I have in the /dev dir.

	I'm VERY baffled.

Alan

Alan Halachmi, Head of Internet Services| UNIX and Networking Consultant
Solaris Administrator/ Web Design       | Ingram Entertainment &
Montgomery Bell Academy                 |       SpeedServe, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]       | mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.montgomerybell.com           | http://www.speedserve.com