Subject: wu-ftp2.4 upload deny

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey Liu)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:40:30 -0800

We are using wu-ftpd 2.4 on a SunOS 4.1.4 server.
We setup 'admin' user account to upload to ~ftp/pub directory.
and 'anonymous' account to upload to ~ftp/outgoing directory.

ftpaccess file
....
upload  /home/ftp  /pub          yes     admin   admin  0600 dirs
upload  /home/ftp  /pub/*        yes     admin   admin  0600 dirs
upload  /home/ftp  /outgoing       yes     ftp   ftp   0600 dirs
upload  /home/ftp  /outgoing       yes     ftp   ftp   0600 dirs

...
~ftp is /home/ftp  and 'admin' home directory is /home/ftp also.

'anonymous' has no problem to upload files to ~ftp/outgoing directory
but 'admin' get error when upload to ~ftp/pub directory:
ftp> put faq.html
200 PORT command successful.
553 faq.html: Permission denied. (Upload)

The permission of ~ftp/pub is 755 and is owned by 'admin'.

What do we missing?

Thanks,

Jeffrey
[email-masked]