Subject: guest user password

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 98 14:07:16 -0500

Hi everyone,

I recently installed wu-ftpd and set up several
guest accounts for people who will only need to
have ftp access (what a great feature!). Is there
a way that they can change their own password?

Thanks,

Bob Morse
System Administrator
American Mathematical Society

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:05:11 EST

>a way that they can change their own password?

     The easiest way is to set their shell as /usr/bin/passwd, or wherever
the passwd binary resides on your system (make sure you put it in
/etc/shells!), and have them telnet in to change their password.

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.