Subject: Anonymous login, can't see files.

From: Miles Welter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:23:12 -0800

Hi,
I just joined this list

I just setup wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16 for the first time and maybe I missed
something in the setup. My problem is I cannot get a file listing for either
an anonymous login or a login to my virtual ftp site. I can change
directories if I know what they are and I can post file to them if they are
777. but I cannot see the files either when I login to the account or when I
cd to new directory. can anyone help? Also what is the procedure for
restricting REAL users to their home directories.
-
Miles.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:51:11 -0600 (CST)

See the guest howto for answers to both questions.

   -- Michael

> restricting REAL users to their home directories.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.