Subject: Latest version?

From: [email-masked] (Ming Lu)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:03:40 -0500

I went to ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private and could not find 
anything there. Could anyone here tell me where I download the latest
version of wu-ftpd?

TIA

_ming

---

From: The Doctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:10:22 -0700 (MST)

> anything there. Could anyone here tell me where I download the latest

Since this is private, you have to type the FULL name and retrieve it 
and private directories do NOT list their contents.

---

From: Ville <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 18:37:58 +0200 (EET)

> anything there. Could anyone here tell me where I download the latest

Hmm, maybe you should pay a bit more attention to the site next time :)

<quote>

This directory contains the latest beta (if one exists) for the
Washington University at Saint Louis FTP daemon for Unix systems with
bug fixes and enhancements added by Academ Consulting Services.

This directory is protected. The name of the current beta is
wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16.tar.Z and this file must be downloaded in binary.

</quote>

So, just go:

viha~$ lynx ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16.tar.Z

> _ming

- Ville/[email-masked] [CryptLink Networking]