Subject: Help w/ beta-16 installation

From: Janet Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:09:25 -0800 (PST)

During the upgrade of beta-16 version of wu-ftpd, I ran into the 
following error message while doing "./build sol":

Making ftpd.
cc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpd ftpd.o ftpcmd.o glob.o 
logwtmp.o popen.o vers.o access.o  extensions.o  realpath.o acl.o 
private.o authenticate.o conversions.o hostacc.o  sigfix.o -lsupport 
-lsocket -lnsl -lgen
ld: fatal: file access.o: unknown type, unable to process using elf(3E) 
libraries
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ftpd
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd'

Could somebody please tell me what went wrong and how I could resolve 
this problem.

Thanks,
Janet Leung, TACTech, Inc., Yorba Linda, CA 92887-4608

---

From: Tatsuya Kawasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:37:46 +0900 (JST)

try gcc, it seems to work better to complie ANYTHING?

tatsuya

いつもお世話になっております かわさき@ giganetです。

かわさき

= = = = = =
電話 03-3239-0607 fax 03-3239-2609
business network telecom
http://www.giganet.net