Subject: problems with Solaris 2.5.1

From: Serge ALGAROTTI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:40:27 +0100

Hello,

I have to migrate a wu-ftp server from Aix to Solaris. and I have some 
problems to setup on Solaris 2.5.1 (wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-16)

 I have read the A How-To Guide for wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.5.x and I think I 
have do all the instructions.

 The wu-ftpd works without problems in "standard" mode (without the -a switch) 
:

$ ftp bego.cma.fr
Connected to bego.cma.fr.
220 bego.cma.fr FTP server (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-16](1) Mon Jan 19 
17:29:08 MET 1998) ready.
Name (bego.cma.fr:algarott): 
[...]

, but with the -a, I have the message:

$ ftp bego.cma.fr
Connected to bego.cma.fr.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

and the error message in the log file is:

Jan 20 11:19:56 bego.cma.fr ftpd[9050]: exiting on signal 11

Where can I search for the problems ?

Here are some informations :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
# fgrep ftp /etc/passwd
ftp:x:30000:30000:Anonymous FTP:/ftp/./:/bin/false
------------------------------------------------------------------------

/ftp:
total 40
drwxr-xr-x  10 root     other        512 Jan 19 16:29 .
drwxr-xr-x  81 root     root        2048 Jan 20 10:44 ..
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other       1898 Mar 24  1997 README
d--x--x--x   2 root     other        512 Jan 19 15:28 bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Jan 19 16:58 dev
d--x--x--x   3 root     other        512 Jan 20 10:58 etc
drwx--x--x   2 root     other        512 Jan 19 14:52 incoming
drwx--x--x   2 root     other        512 Jan 19 15:51 lib
drwx------   2 root     other       8192 Sep 19 13:52 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Jan 20 09:05 pub
d--x--x--x   4 root     other        512 Jan 19 16:35 usr

/ftp/dev:
total 4
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Jan 19 16:58 .
drwxr-xr-x  10 root     other        512 Jan 19 16:29 ..
crw-r--r--   1 root     other     13,  2 Jan 19 16:57 null
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     other     11, 42 Jan 19 16:57 tcp
crw-rw-r--   1 root     other    105,  1 Jan 19 16:58 ticotsord
crw-rw-r--   1 root     other     11, 41 Jan 19 16:58 udp
crw-rw-r--   1 root     other     13, 12 Jan 19 16:58 zero

/ftp/etc:
total 16
-r--r-xr-x   1 root     other         47 Jan 24  1995 group
-r--r-xr-x   1 root     other         55 Nov 13 19:49 passwd
-rw-r-xr-x   1 root     other         50 Jan 20 10:58 shells
[...]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ls -al /usr/local/lib/ftpd/
total 26
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     other        512 Jan 19 15:07 .
drwxr-xr-x  13 root     other       1024 Jan 19 14:28 ..
-rw-------   1 root     other       1762 Jan 20 08:59 ftpaccess
-rw-------   1 root     other        455 Jan 19 14:37 ftpconversions
-rw-------   1 root     other         37 Jan 19 15:04 ftpgroups
-rw-------   1 root     other        240 Jan 19 14:37 ftphosts
-rw-------   1 root     other        108 Jan 19 15:04 ftpusers
drwxr-xr-x   2 ftp      other        512 Jan 19 15:07 pids
[...]

Thank for your help, I dont know what I can do to resolve the problem.
-- 
Serge ALGAROTTI  ([email-masked]) [http://www-cemef.cma.fr/]
Ecole des Mines de Paris / CEMEF URA CNRS n° 1374    [tel: 04 93 95 74 02]

---

From: Yutthapong Amornfa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:22:48 +0700 (GMT)

Hello,

Please see in
http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/1997/Dec/0235.html

Yuth
([email-masked])

---

From: Serge ALGAROTTI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:56:19 +0100

Hello,

>http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/1997/Dec/0235.html

 Thank very much for the replies. The patch solve the problem and wu-ftpd 
2.4.2-academ[BETA-16] now works with Solaris 2.5.1