Subject: TEST

From: Pete Holsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 14:19:48 -0500 (EST)

It seems that nothing I send to this list gets posted (or
at least I don't see it and I didn't get any answers). Am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Pete

---

From: Pete Holsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 14:33:44 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Pete Holsberg wrote:

> at least I don't see it and I didn't get any answers). Am
> I doing something wrong?

Well, let me try again! :-)

I'm running wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15] and putting a
UUCP-System-like day_and_time field not only doesn't work
-- it changes the limit on the max number of logins to -1!

Here's what works (no time/date):

limit   mccc      35   Any      /usr/local/etc/msg.toomany
limit   nonmccc   10   Any	/usr/local/etc/msg.toomany

I changed that last line to:

limit   nonmccc   10   Any0000-1800	/usr/local/etc/msg.toomany

and found that people could login in after 1800 local and
more than 10 were logged in last I checked.

Kindly point out where I went wrong.

Thanks,
Pete

---

From: [email-masked] (Perry Rovers)
Date: 25 Jan 1998 21:58:10 GMT

Pink elephants with an attitude inspired Pete Holsberg <[email-masked]> to tell garfield.mail.wu-ftpd:
: I'm running wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-15] and putting a
: UUCP-System-like day_and_time field not only doesn't work
: -- it changes the limit on the max number of logins to -1!

: limit   nonmccc   10   Any0000-1800	/usr/local/etc/msg.toomany

A) are you running ftpd with the -a option from inetd?
B) Have you tried something like Any,0000-18000?
   (the line you have works for me, but I've also seen examples with ,)

-- 
Perry Rovers ([email-masked])