Subject: wuftpd-Beta-16

From: Alan Halachmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:41:41 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to compile wu-ftpd on a Solaris 2.6 box (x86).  I'm getting
this error:
gcc -g -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpd ftpd.o ftpcmd.o glob.o
logwtmp.o popen.o
 vers.o access.o extensions.o realpath.o acl.o private.o authenticate.o
conversions.o
hostacc.o sigfix.o -lsocket -lnsl -lgen
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
strsep                              private.o
strcasestr                          access.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ftpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ftpd] Error 1

Ideas?

TIA,
Alan

[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Wreski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 00:46:50 -0500 (EST)

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

strcasestr() and strsep() are functions within wu-ftpd, so they are not
solaris libraries.

Which version of gcc are you using?  Was it compiled on a 2.6 box, for a
2.6 box?  Are you able to successfully compile other programs? 

Make sure ./support/strsep.c and ./support/strcasestr.c are being compiled
correctly...

Dave