Subject: help!!!!

From: Ming Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:13:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi all:

I compiled and installed wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16. Everything seems to be
fine expcept I started it with -a option, and I am getting this:

$ ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp> 

I have all of ftp files in /etc

_ming

============================================================================
Ming Lu                                             Email: [email-masked]
Network Tech Consulting Engineer                    Phone: 703-689-5290 (w)
Engineering Division                                       703-855-4194 (m)
Global One Telecommunications, LLT.                        703-689-6575 (f)
============================================================================  
"Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your
 servant cursing you ---- for you know in your heart that many times you
 yourself have cursed others."

---

From: Tatsuya Kawasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:50:56 +0900 (JST)

Hello Ming,

What is your OS? does your inetd knows about your ftpd?

someone posted eariler how to fix this sort of problem.  If you need more
info about how to fix it, just e-mail me, I will forward it to you.

If you are using solaris, I think I can help.

tatsuya

かわさき

= = = = = =
電話 03-3239-0607 fax 03-3239-2609
business network telecom
http://www.giganet.net

---

From: Matthew Brookes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:11:34 +0000

> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

There is a bug in beta-16 which stops it working with one argument.

There was a patch posted to this list, or as a workaround, add a second
argument, eg. -t300.

Matt.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Matthew Brookes  -  Unix Admin  -  Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ming Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 21:25:57 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the tip...:-), it worked very well! Could anyone email me the
patch?

Best Regards

_ming

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Matthew Brookes wrote:

->Ming Lu wrote:
->
->> Hi all:
->> 
->> I compiled and installed wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-16. Everything seems to be
->> fine expcept I started it with -a option, and I am getting this:
->> 
->> $ ftp localhost
->> Connected to localhost.
->> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
->> ftp>
->
->There is a bug in beta-16 which stops it working with one argument.
->
->There was a patch posted to this list, or as a workaround, add a second
->argument, eg. -t300.
->
->Matt.
->
->-- 
->----------------------------------------------------------------------
->  Matthew Brookes  -  Unix Admin  -  Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd.
->----------------------------------------------------------------------
->