Subject: WU-ftpd & RedHat 5

From: tommiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 09:22:14 +1000

Short question.

Has anyone tried to compile wu-ftpd under RedHat 5.0 now that its using
glibc? I tried but got numerous errors (unfortunately I didn't save them

at the time). To solve the problem I went back to redhat 4.2 and the
conventional libc and beta 15 compiled no problems.

Since wu-ftp still comes with RedHat 5.0 I assume there must be some way

of compiling it......maybe some switches or something. I'm considering
returning to RedHat 5 but really need to get an answer to this question
first.

Thanks

Regards

---

From: Mark Plaksin <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Dec 1997 13:46:52 -0500

>>>>> "t" == tommiy  <[email-masked]> writes:

t> Short question.  Has anyone tried to compile wu-ftpd under RedHat 5.0
t> now that its using glibc? I tried but got numerous errors (unfortunately
t> I didn't save them

t> at the time). To solve the problem I went back to redhat 4.2 and the
t> conventional libc and beta 15 compiled no problems.

t> Since wu-ftp still comes with RedHat 5.0 I assume there must be some way

t> of compiling it......maybe some switches or something. I'm considering
t> returning to RedHat 5 but really need to get an answer to this question
t> first.

You can find out exactly what RedHat did to build wu-ftp.  This is one of
the great things about RPMs.

Install the source RPM:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat-5.0/SRPMS/wu-ftp*

Then look in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/wu* for
patches and the build process.

-- 
Mark Plaksin                                http://www.arches.uga.edu/~happy/