Subject: ftpconversions: more infos needed

From: Bernt Christandl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:49:45 +0100

Hello,

i 've succeded to use ftpconversions for (g)zipping and/or (gnu)tarring
files and directories (digital unix 4.0b and wu-ftpd-academ-2.4.2.13).

Now i would like to use it as something like a "rename"-filter, that is,
we have (for very old reasons) files that are gzipped with the ending "-gz"
instead of ".gz" We want to rename/move these to the ending ".gz" but still
allow ftp-users to use their old scripts that look for "-gz"...

Or in short: what should i enter in ftpconversions, that a "get file-gz"
results in a "get file.gz" without trying to use gzip for that transfer?

Also i would like to have some more informations on ftpconversions at all.
The manpage says that in fields 6 and 7 i can/should enter types and options,
but which are allowed types and options?

TIA,

Bernt Christandl
                                                                       
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Bernt Christandl / Max Planck Institut - Extraterrestrische Physik -
- D-85740 Garching / Phone: +49/89/3299-3342 / Fax: +49/89/3299-3569 - 
-                    email: [email-masked]                           - 
----------------------------------------------------------------------