Subject: using ftpconversions

From: Bernt Christandl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:55:10 +0100

Hi,

i apologize if this is in the FAQs somewhere (i could not find it)...

I use wu-ftpd-academ-2.4.2.13 under digital unix 4.0b and try to use
ftpconversions without success.

I have it in the same directory as ftphosts, ftpaccess and ftpusers
and with these latter i could play around successfully.

I have built a statically linked version of gzip and gnu-tar and put them
into ~ftp/bin, but whenever i login via ftp and try 'get <file>.gz' or
'get <file>.tar' the only answer i get is "<file>.gz" not found, no such
file or directory. This is true for ftp via anonymous and for ftp via a
normal userid...

What did i miss?

Thank you!

Bernt Christandl
                                                                       
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Bernt Christandl / Max Planck Institut - Extraterrestrische Physik -
- D-85740 Garching / Phone: +49/89/3299-3342 / Fax: +49/89/3299-3569 - 
-                    email: [email-masked]                           - 
----------------------------------------------------------------------