Subject: First time setup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:05:00 -0500

Anybody that's been there!

I have downloaded wu-ftpd V2.4 to run on my Sparc10 running Solaris 2.5. My
goal is to log file transfers via ftp on our Intranet (all inter-corporate
transfers). This is a test server setup before I try implementing on my
production server. The download code was already compiled for Solaris 2.5;
therefore, I did a "pkgadd" to install.

Where can I get basic setup information for this test server.

I would appreciate any help that will "kick start" me...Thanks...Ed Hayes

---

From: "James M. Gray II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:38:23 -0500

> therefore, I did a "pkgadd" to install.

FYI Ed - there's a CERT advisory for wu-ftpd 2.4 and they recommend that
you upgrade to the most recent version.  I haven't been able to find
the most recent version ala Solaris and it looks like you will have to
complie yourself.  I would read the advisory and see if it applies to
you.

-- 
Jim