Subject: Bug (?) in latests wu-ftp beta...

From: "Cory R. King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:56:21 -0800

Is this a bug in the lasted WU-FTP beta, or is it just something whack
in my configuration?

Running - RedHat Linux 2.0.27...

And the problem is:

Everytime I look at the processes (via ps -aux) all the ftpd processes
show as sendmail.. for example.. this should be an ftpd process.. not
sendmail

13536  ?  S    0:00 sendmail: pc-10087.on.rogers.wave.ca:
anonymous/gads@rogers

It used to display correctly before I put the beta on.. and nothing else
in the environment changed besides this upgrade... so the only logical
cause is the code..  right?

and incase you ask.. yes.. I can send and receive mail quite nicely...
in fact.. all seems well besides this insignificant (?) error...

Thanks,

Cory R. King
Azalea Software, Inc.
http://www.encryption.com/

> *****LEGAL NOTICE TO ALL BULK E-MAILERS*****
> NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,
> Subchapter II, 227, any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to
> this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount
> of $500 US. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.
>