Subject: No log with redhat linux 2.0.30

From: Cyrille Mastchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 15:17:39 -0500

I usr wu-ftpd-2.4.2 academ beta 15 (from the rpm file) on my linux redhat
4.2 server (linux 2.0.30) and it work great except that I got any log of
the ftp session.
How can I correct this ? Is there a patch for wu-ftpd or linux ?

Another question, is it possible to make a two differents type of guest
users (by checkung on the ip address), one who can't make a DEL and one who
can ?

Thanks.

Cyrille Mastchenko.
[email-masked]

---

From: Philip Gwyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:13:42 -0500

At 03:17 PM 12/2/97 -0500, Cyrille Mastchenko wrote:
>I usr wu-ftpd-2.4.2 academ beta 15 (from the rpm file) on my 
>linux redhat 4.2 server (linux 2.0.30) and it work great except 
>that I got any log of the ftp session.

I have the same set up.  Logging goes to /var/log/xferlog.  This is set at
compile time, check out _PATH_XFERLOG in src/pathnames.h and
USE_VAR and USE_LOG in src/config.h .

-Philip