Subject: xferlog not logging size

From: Joe Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:56:10 -0600

I just upgraded to B15 under AIX 4.2.1. It appears that file sizes are not
being reported in my xferlog. for example:

Wed Dec 10 14:54:47 1997 197 dd52-142.dub.compuserve.com 0 
/pub/etext/gutenberg/etext95/babsu10.zip b _ o a mozilla@ ftp 0 *

Any ideas what might be happening here? Is there someplace I should start
looking?

thanks for any help.

--
Joe Gross        |  CCSO Unix Systems Engineer  |  ----  __o
[email-masked]  |  University of Illinois UC   |  --- _`\<,_
                 |  finger for pgp public key   |  -- (_)/ (_)

---

From: Joe Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 15:42:05 -0600

> /pub/etext/gutenberg/etext95/babsu10.zip b _ o a mozilla@ ftp 0 *

I just figured this out.

It turns out that under AIX 4.2.1 off_t is typedefed to long long.

On line 1925 of ftpd.c:

   sprintf(msg, "%.24s %d %s %d ",

becomes

   sprintf(msg, "%.24s %d %s %lld ",

and it will log file sizes for the transfers again.

This will probably break on other systems so there might have be a new
makefile for AIX4.