Subject: permissions problem

From: Brian Ryner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:28:12 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

We are trying to get ftp permissions set up as follows: all uploaded files
should have permission 644, except in a certain directory, where they
should have permission 664.  These are for real (not guest) accounts.  Can
anyone suggest how I should set this up? I have tried changing the umask,
but that doesn't seem to let me configure on a per-directory basis.

Thanks.

===========================
| Brian Ryner             |
| [email-masked]   |    
===========================

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:55:36 -0600 (CST)

See the upload directive in /etc/ftpaccess.

   -- Michael

---

From: Brian Ryner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:26:30 -0600 (CST)

OK, maybe I'm missing something here.  I tried this, but it looks like I
would have to make a separate entry for each directory for each user.
Example:

upload /home/user1 /dir1 yes ......
upload /home/user1 /dir2 .........
upload /home/user2 /dir1 ..........
upload /home/user2 /dir2 ...........

and so on.  I tried:

upload * /dir1 yes ...
upload * /dir2 yes ...

but it didn't seem to recognize the *. I'm using the WU 2.4 version- would
I be able to use a * for the home directory if I updated to the 2.4.2
beta?

Thanks.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:35:05 -0600 (CST)

Unfortunately this is is true.  Not the most convenient way to do
things, but that's what wu-ftpd provides.

   -- Michael