Subject: Linux build trouble

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:44:25 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I have a Slackware system that has been upgraded to 2.0.27. Before
and after the upgrade, I have been able to successfully build
'wu-ftpd-2.4-fixed'.

However, when invoked from the command line, ftpd does nothing and
I just get a new shell prompt with no error.

Slackware has a 'wu.ftpd' daemon, I assume this is just ftpd renamed.

Sorry if I am a little vague, am new to the innards of wu-ftp. If
any of this rings a bell with anyone, I can provide more info on
demand.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul T.

-- 
Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition.