Subject: "ls" COMMAND WITHIN WU-FTPD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:04:30 +0000

I have wu-ftpd-2.4 running on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine and have not 
been able to get the "ls" command to work properly when I ftp in.
"ls" by itself will return a listing of files - no attributes.     
"ls -l" will pause for a while and return NO listing of files.
Strange thing is,  if I ftp in from a completely different domain - 
the "ls" command will return NO listing of files. 

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly 
appreciated!

Russ

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:48:22 -0600 (CST)

The external 'ls' is not working properly.  The guest howto and FAQ
should get you over this bump.

   -- Michael

> the "ls" command will return NO listing of files. 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.