Subject: chroot not working (digital unix4/beta 15)

From: Becki Kain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:18:27 -0500 (EST)

I did the following:

/etc/passwd has:
bikes:23232:1006:1006::/usr/local/wwwsites/www.bikesonthenet.com/./:/bin/false

/etc/group has:
bikes:*:1006:bikes,larryl

~bikes/etc/passwd:

root:*:0:0::/:/bin/false
bikes:*:1006:1006::/usr/local/wwwsites/www.bikesonthenet.com/./:/bin/false

~bikes/etc/group:

root:*:0:root
bikes:*:1006:bikes,larryl

Copy from /etc/sia dir to ~bikes/etc/sia the files matrix.conf and
siainitgood like the faq said.

ftpaccess has guestgroup	bikes

I know the ftpaccess file is getting read from inetd.conf since other
stuff from it is happening (like noretrieve passwd).  bikes can log in
just fine, but the chroot is just not
happening.  I also tried changing the passwd entry to be like
/usr/local/wwwsites/www.bikesonthenet.com/./htdocs and that didn't help,
bikes could just login into /usr/local/wwwsites/www.bikesonthenet.com.
does anyone else have wu running under Digital unix 4.0 without c2?

thanks

beckers