Subject: Closed tickets for BETA 16

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:23:58 -0600 (CST)

Closed tickets Between Beta 15 and Beta 16
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets 474 and 529 from Becki Kain <[email-masked]> contained 
notification of her willingness to try beta-15 on Digital Unix 4.0 without C2.
We appreciate this notification, but it's not bug report, so these tickets are
closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 477 from Thomas Harris <[email-masked]> reported that he was seeing
many ftpds with ESTABLISHED states for which there were no clients still
connected. He was doing this with beta 14. I suggested that he do it with
beta-15. He didn't get back to me on that. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 480 from Earle Ake <[email-masked]> was asking if someone had
compiled wu-ftpd on a Pyramid running DC/OSx. I told him to be sure he had
beta-15 and let me know how it goes. I didn't hear anything. The ticket is
closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 484 from Yip Seng Leong <[email-masked]> was having a problem
uncompressing the tar file. I explained how it should work that fixed the
problem. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 490 from Kirby Boteler <[email-masked]> reported some problems with
hanging ftpds, but didn't tell me anything about his environment. I had asked
for that information, but never got a response. The ticket is now closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 491 from Cher <[email-masked]> reported having problems with Linux and
Virtual Hosting. I asked for more information and never got a response. The
ticket is now closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 493 from Stefan Tauche <[email-masked]> wanted
to know if there was a patch to ftpd to permit it to allow logins for accounts
with NULL passwords. I directed him to query the mailing list. This ticket
is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 498 from Liangquan Guan <[email-masked]> was asking where to
get wu-ftpd. I pointed her at the web page that describes how to get wu-ftpd
and closed this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets 499 and  544 from Greg Waugh <[email-masked]> had a number of questions
about running wu-ftpd on linux. I referred him to the mailing list. This ticket
is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 501 from Derek Leung <[email-masked]> wanted to find a patch to
allow there to be different password files for different virutal servers.
I referred him to the mailing list. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 502 from Carol Mattsson <[email-masked]> asked if there
was a list of bugs for release 2.4. I suggested that taking the list of 
bugs for all releases of 2.4.2 beta would be a good start since 2.4 was
the basis upon which 2.4.2 was developed. This ticket has been closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets 503 and  517 from Maurice Menefee <[email-masked]> reflect that
Maurice is having a number of configuration problems with SunOS 4.1.3. I 
referred Maurice to the mailing list and closed these tickets.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 513 from  Nagaraja J <[email-masked]> was having configuration
problems with an SVR4 system. So, I referred to the mailing list and closed
the ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 542 from Kambiz Aghaiepour <[email-masked]> asked
if the basic academ version of wu-ftpd supports the SecureID. I told
him that it does not. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 545 from Ronny Cook <[email-masked]> was reporting a problem with
BSD/OS and beta-14 that was fixed in beta-15. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 554 from A. Le Negrate <[email-masked]> was having a problem
getting "ls" to work under wu-ftpd on AIX 4.1.4. I referred him to the
mailing list. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 558 from Mao-Jung Lee <[email-masked]> appeared to be having
problems because there was no "-a" at the end of the /etc/inetd.conf file.
I didn't hear back on this. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 559 from Ciaran Deignan <[email-masked]> notes success in
making beta-15 on AIX 4.1.4 and says that this binary seems to work on
versions of AIX up to 4.3. Check http://www-frec.bull.com/download/out for
more on this archive. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 560 from [email-masked] was having some problems getting wu-ftpd
to work on Digital Unix 3.2 without C2 security. He was able to solve the
problem himself. Congratulations!! This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------