Subject: Users hanging on...

From: Dan Hubbard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:08:41 -0800

We are running 2.1.7.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.1.7.1-RELEASE with Version
wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-13}.

Our problem is that anonymous users connections appear to stay open a long
time even after they have finished there download. A ps -aux | grep ftpd
shows users from a month ago ?

Will a new version of the software fix this problem or is it a config issue
?  If its new software can I simply compile the ftpd and still use my old
config files.

---------------
Dan Hubbard
The Palace Inc.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:43:00 -0600 (CST)

A long known problem.  I think beta 15 clears up a few more of these
hangs. Jon Lewis posted something to the list recently that clears up
most/all of them; the list archives will have it.

wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

   -- Michael