Subject: Guest Account Questions

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Rubin)
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 00:33:44 -0800

Hello,

I just set up wu-ftp for guest accounts and I have a couple of
questions about things.  One easy and one hard.  First the
easy one.

1. When a user creates a directory in a directory defined by
an upload directive in ftpaccess it seems to have open (user,
group) permissions.  How do I change that?  The permissions
defined in upload are for files only as far as I can tell.

Now that hard one which is somewhat related

2. If every "guest" has the same directory structure and I would
like different permissions (however same for each guest user)
on the files that are uploaded in the various directories do I have
to put a set of upload directives in the ftpaccess file for each user.
I seems to me it would be possible to have "aliases", but I cannot
find any documentation on it.  For example in ftpaccess can you
do something like this?

upload  <guest home> * no
upload  <guest home> /www yes <guest id> <guest group> 0600 dirs
upload  <guest home> /cgi-bin yes <guest id> <guest group> 0700 dirs

Where <guest home> is whatever it should be automatically depending
on which guest logged in.  Same with <guest id> <guest group>.
Right now I am defining those things manually for each and every
user!

Thanks
    - Dan

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:27:25 +0000 (GMT)

Have a look at
http://www.spin.ch/SPIN/tpo/homepage/linux/academ-patch.html.
Might be useful.
*
t

> Right now I am defining those things manually for each and every

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom: So far, der winter kommt, ich schaff mir glaub ich noch ein paar
Tom: Zyxel traffos an...
Roli: Aber genug davon nehmen. Wenn die Dinger kapput gehen werden sie 
Roli: nicht mehr warm.