Subject: FTP statistics program ?

From: Gildas Perrot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:32:09 +0100

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a freeware able to provide different statistics about FTP use.
I found iisstat which is pretty good (ftp://ftp.ccmail.com/pub/utils/InternetSe
rvices/iisstat/iisstat.html) but since it is quite old (1995), I was wondering 
if there is any better one.
Moreover, with that program, I am able to generate a HTML output but in this 
one I have no link to the GIF graphs generated. Any idea about that problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.			Gildas.
-- 
Gildas PERROT, [email-masked]         __o
FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_
http://www.francenet.fr            ---- (_)/ (_)

---

From: Phil Schwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:46:27 -0500 (EST)

> Thanks in advance for your help.			Gildas.

I'm not familiar with that particular program, but I've written one of my
own based on the old xferstats script.  It keeps the name xferstats, but
has been rewritten in C and generates HTML, a few graphs, etc.  It's
currently undergoing a massive semi-rewrite to increase the speed and
functionality, and as a result 1.20 won't be available for probably a
couple weeks.  In the meantime, 1.16 is available at:
ftp://sod.off.net/pub/xferstats/xferstats-1.16.tar.gz

If xferstats doesn't do quite what you want, please drop me a note, I'm
looking for ways to increase what it does :)

Phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The ultimate seal on any software product is not any sort of kite mark or
standards conformance certificate, it's that label that says, "Destruction
tested by Alan Cox.... Survived."' -- Clive Dolphin (3Com PDD)