Subject: tar/gzip dynamics

From: Keith Warno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:08:08 -0500 (EST)

Well, being I am running a Linux box where almost everything is
dynamically linked, chances are that is what the problem is and why
anonymous tar/gzip doesn't work.  Thanks to all the folks who suggested
it; I would have never thought of it.

I'll post again next week once I get the sources to the programs.  Thanks
again.  

Keith Warno
-----
Please send all personal replies to [email-masked].
Otherwise, the mail you send may be returned to you.

---

From: Keith Warno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:23:00 -0500 (EST)

Yup, it was dynamically linked BS that caused tar/gzip to fail for
anonymous users.  How lame.  Anyway, glad this problem has been solved.
Thanks for all the help.

Keith Warno
-----