Subject: Re: Threaded (was Warez)

From: [email-masked] (Yuan John Jiang)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:36:18 -0500

Well, before multi-thread, having a stand alone version should
come first.  I looked into the code lately, the configuration
files are read for every command.  For a stand-alone server,
the configuration can be loaded into the memory at startup.

>Has anyone tried to implement a threaded verson of the server?
>This would have much performance benefit.  However, it seems
>to have many challenges as far as user IDs go (ie. setuid
>an chrooting).  Also global state variables would appear
>to be a real mess.   Ideas?  Progress to report?
>
>WRT: searching the archives.
>Searching the wu-ftpd list archives by user name *doesn't work*.
>eg. a search for  mbrennen reveals: NO Matches were found.
>However, browsing the archives shows that there are numerous
>posts from him and others..... hmmmm.
>
>DJ
>