Subject: Logging files transfered in tar

From: [email-masked] (Niall Gaffney)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:20:56 -0600

Hi,

I am using wu-ftpd on a Solaris 2.5 box to do ftp things.  In particular
I am running a data distribution system for astronomical data.  I have
everything setup and working with guests accounts for all the users and 
logging turned on.  I am using the log files to determine what files
have been retrieved by the users.  When I run out of disk space, I will
delete files that have been retrieved.

However I have been asked to add a feature to allow the user to extract
everything as a tar file.  Of course wu-ftpd does this and it works...only
I cannot tell what was in the tar file from the logged information.  Is
there any way/hack to make wu-ftpd log what files went into the tar file
so I can check those off as having been retrieved?  

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Niall Gaffney

==============================================================
Niall Gaffney                 [email-masked]
HET Operations                http://rhea.as.utexas.edu/~niall