Subject: Compiling on alpha

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 15:13:45 +0100

Hi!

I have wu-ftpd 2.4.2b15 running under redhat linux 4.2 on an alpha
server. I used the rpm version when I installed the server. No
problems...

Now I want to make a few changes to the source and now it gets
serious...

I grabbed the source-rpm, made my changes and tried to compile. Tons of
error messages. Then to exclude any mistakes I have made I tried to
recompile the source "as is" without any luck, same errors Too many to
include here...

Have anyone compiled wu-ftpd on an alpha with redhat linux? Any tips
and/or special considerations?? Could there be some other package
missing? It comes so far as building the binaries but as I have all
these errors I do not trust them...

TIA!

/Per

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 97 08:49:32 +0100

> these errors I do not trust them...

I want to add that after some research it seems that the problem is in
glibc (I have the versions of glibc and glibc-devel that comes with
redhat 4.2 installed);among other errors it complains about
/usr/include/sys/param.h, problems with "getsockname" etc... What to
do???

/Per