Subject: a problem in virtual ftp server

From: ZhenYu Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:02:55 +0800

Dear Sir:

I cant list directory tree when I login in my virtual ftp server as
anonymous, someone tell me I need a static ls command, I think I have.
The ftp server can work ok when I login as real user. In the base ftp
server, the thing is well too when I login as anonymous. I have ask this
question many times to may men, there is no answer.

Can you give me some help?

The OS I use is linux, with kernel 2.1.62. I have test in 2.0.30,
2.1.59, the problem is same.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:06:08 -0600 (CST)

> question many times to may men, there is no answer.

This is all explained in the guest howto below.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.