Subject: What is (not) happening?

From: "Stig Isaksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:01:08 GMT+200

Hi everybody (?),

I am (was) new to this list, so I can't (couldn't) contribute much, 
but I listened carefully to you more experienced participants and 
learned a lot which I was very grateful to be able to implement in 
our wu-ftpd installation.

Now I haven't seen any msgs at all to this list for nearly two whole 
months now. These are the explanations I can think of:

1. I'm ostracized.

2. The list has ceased to exist.

3. The latest version of wu-ftpd (which I - as the only one - haven't 
obtained yet) has proved perfect and rendered the list unneeded.

Wether any of these statements is true or false XOR there is a 4th 
explanation: Is there anyone alive out there who could enlighten me?

Best Regards,
Stig Isaksson

------------------------------------------------------------
Stig Isaksson
Dialekt- och ortnamnsarkivet
Helgonabacken 14
S-223 62 LUND
S W E D E N
tel.: +46 46 222 74 68   fax: +46 46 15 23 81
e-mail: [email-masked]

<Forstaor MIME    Understands MIME>
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:07:27 -0600 (CST)

# I am (was) new to this list, so I can't (couldn't) contribute much, 
# but I listened carefully to you more experienced participants and 
# learned a lot which I was very grateful to be able to implement in 
# our wu-ftpd installation.
# 
# Now I haven't seen any msgs at all to this list for nearly two whole 
# months now. These are the explanations I can think of:
# 
# 1. I'm ostracized.

:) If you don't participate, well what can I say ? ;)

# 2. The list has ceased to exist.

Nope.

# 3. The latest version of wu-ftpd (which I - as the only one - haven't 
# obtained yet) has proved perfect and rendered the list unneeded.

:) I'll leave this one alone. ;)

# Wether any of these statements is true or false XOR there is a 4th 
# explanation: Is there anyone alive out there who could enlighten me?
# 
# Best Regards,
# Stig Isaksson

I have subscribed you to the list.  It seems that you were not on the 
list at wustl.edu.  There could be a couple reasons for this.  
 
        1. If there were massive errors in mail getting to you 
           then one of the list owners may have removed you.  
           This normally only done after trying to contact the site 
           postmaster and letting them know of the problem.  If that 
           fails as well then the address is a canidate for removal. 
           This type of action is not taken lightly.
 
        2. You changed jobs and your mail is no longer being forwarded
           from your old account.
 
        3. You were receiving wu-ftpd via a local mail exploder and the 
           local admin removed your address from the exploder list. 
           
        4. listproc had a brain fart. 

I don't remember seeing massive bounces from your address that would cause 
you to become a canidate for #1. You will know if #2 is a potential option
but I suspect that leaves only #3 and #4 as the cuprits.
 
Sorry I don't have a good answer for you but you are back on the list now. 
Let me know if you still have troubles receiving messages. 

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Email: [email-masked]                   http://www.nfr.net/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked]
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:28:30 -0600 (CST)

I have been mysteriously unsubscribed several times, so don't take it
personally.  So much for high dollar list management software.  The
goodies are below. 

   -- Michael

> months now. These are the explanations I can think of:

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.