Subject: strange things...

From: "Malla, Suman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:37:39 +0100 (MET)

Hello all,

OS: Red Hat 4.2
WU-ftpd version: wu-ftpd-2.4.2b15-1

When I originate the ftp session from Sun Solaris machines to my red hat
with newly installed wu-ftpd and supply "ls" command, the wu-ftpd shows me
the list of filenames. But, if I do ftp from other machines, the wu-ftpd
does not show the list of files. Any idea? I think some lib files (which 
need to put under ~ftp/lib/) are missing. Will someone pls send me a list 
of files that should be kept under ~ftp/lib/?

TIA.

Rgds,
Suman Malla

---

From: "Vernie T. Gloria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:58:10 +0800

> of files that should be kept under ~ftp/lib/?

Here's a list of files on our ~/ftp/lib directory

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        19704 Mar  4  1997 ld-linux.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        19704 Mar  4  1997
ld-linux.so.1.7.14
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        24576 Mar  4  1997 ld.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        24576 Mar  4  1997 ld.so.1.7.14
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       644036 Nov 17 00:04 libc.so.5
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       644036 Mar  4  1997 libc.so.5.3.12

It works on our side...:)

-- 
Vernie T. Gloria

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:57:41 -0600 (CST)

The problem is the external 'ls'.  When any command line options are
given, the external 'ls' is called, and it must be set up correctly. 
The guest howto and FAQ below will help. 

   -- Michael

> of files that should be kept under ~ftp/lib/?

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

There are additional security references in the above docs.