Subject: problem with permissions

From: webadmin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:46:25 +0000

Hi

I have wiftpd beta 13 installed on IRIX 6.3
I have the following lines in my ftpaccess file

upload /usr/local/web/ /iqbal/* yes www iqbal 0460 dirs
 upload /usr/local/web/ /iqbal yes www iqbal 0460 dirs

When I upload to my directory the permission are

460 and owner www.iqbal which is fine

Now if i creat a subdirectory

~iqbal/a/b/c

and place a file in sub dir a , then again the permission are fine
BUT

if I place a file in b, or c etc then the permission are

rw-r--r-- iqbal.iqbal testfile

How can i fix this, I'm not sure if its a problem with the daemon or
the  operating system.

The thing is I have another machine with IRIX 5.2 which works fine.

On the second machine which doe snot work the only difference is that I
have about 1300 users, and have installed the bigpasswd patch.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Iqbal