Subject: Guest FTP Setup

From: Patrick Cooney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:03:17 -0500

I've been tring to set up a guest FTP system for one account.  I want to 
keep that user(s) to thier 'root' directory.  I've gotten the 'how-to'
however, i follow the directions end end up /w user unable to log on.

I think it might have to deal /w the '/etc/ftponly' as this does not
appear in the shells file.  
btw, i'm running linux 2.0.30 

I can FTP to the box as my self. I've set up an account, how ever its
not 'locked' to thier root directory.

Thanks..

Patrick @ Seadp . Com

---

From: Juan Enrique Gomez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 08:56:13 +0100

>btw, i'm running linux 2.0.30 
Yes you must include in the /etc/shells files the ftponly script, and
remember to put an empty line after if not it will not work. Till you don't
fix this the ftp will not loging, cause it really makes a login.

>not 'locked' to thier root directory.
Remember to include the user in the groups assigned to the guest class.

yours.

-----------------------------------------------
Juan Enrique Gómez
Departamento de Informática
Tecnipublicaciones España - http://www.tpesp.es
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------