Subject: index listing from web browsers when connecting to ftp site

From: "Gray, Mark M. " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:15:56 -0600

I need to know how I set up the directories so that when a user connects
to my ftp site from a web browser I.E.: MS internet explorer, netscape
navigator, mosaic, etc. they get a directory listing and are able to
click on a directory that is in the listing and cd to that directory.
Is this something that needs to be set up using the cgi-bin features of
webservers?
Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Mark M. Gray

---

From: Jenice Darner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:33:24 -0500

> Or is there something else I need to do?

All the questions that you are asking are covered in the O'Rielly text
"Managing Internet Information Servers"...It's worth the $35, there are
about 100 pages dealing specifically with wu-ftp and different
configurations of wu-ftp.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:44:13 -0600 (CST)

Use the resources I just sent and get the external 'ls' working.  This is
described in the guest howto.

   -- Michael