Subject: Guestgroup?

From: Juan Enrique Gomez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:22:11 +0200

Hi!

	I have been trying to make the home dir of my users their root dir when
they login with ther name and password. I got this working last week when i
used the /home/<username> default structure. But after i got this working i
moved the home directories to /u/web since then when a user logs-in they
can go to their home directory but they also can make a cd .. to go the
upper directory :-(
	All of them are asigned to the ftponly group, and the ftpaccess file has
the guestgroup ftponly command.

Please help!, Thanks in advance.
Regards.

-----------------------------------------------
Juan Enrique Gómez
Departamento de Informática
Tecnipublicaciones España - http://www.tpesp.es
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:58:29 -0500 (CDT)

Did you change the path to the home directories in /etc/passwd?  Do they
still have /./?  That is what causes the chroot. 

   -- Michael