Subject: Permissions in upload

From: Juan Enrique Gomez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:05:48 +0200

Hi!

	I have a little and easy to resolve problem (i hope), i have some users
which publish their web pages by uploading to a ftp server managed with
wu-ftp beta 14, everything works great, i use the guestgroup feature, but i
have a problem, every thing they upload only get permisions for the user of
the file, no other permisions: -rw------- but i need thad beside of this
permisions the file get the group read and all read permisions something
like -rw-r--r-- please could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------
Juan Enrique Gómez
Departamento de Informática
Tecnipublicaciones España - http://www.tpesp.es
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------

---

From: Anne Baretta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:50:20 +0200

> like -rw-r--r-- please could you help me?

You can start wu.ftpd in /etc/inetd.conf with the option -u, which allows you 
to set the umask of the guest directories. Try 

wu.ftpd -u0644

(plus the other options of course).

Regards, 

Anne

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:51:01 +0000 (GMT)

> like -rw-r--r-- please could you help me?

There are surely other ways to solve that (by runing wu umask-ed?!), but
you can also try my patch on top of beta 15:
http://www.spin.ch/SPIN/tpo/homepage/linux/academ-patch.html

*
t

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------