Subject: date stamp using Netscape browser

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:14:13 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,
I'm saying an incorrect date displayed in Navigator and Communicator
when I ftp using the browser. Any file or dir. with the current day
has the year displayed as 1996. I see the browser sending the
following commands when it logs in

PASV - that works fine
SIZE on the login directory - That fails not a plain file
MDTM on the login directory - That fails not a plain file
RETR on the login directory - That fails not a plain file
CWD on login directory - that works fine
LIST                   - that works fine

Then the browser display shows the wrong Day of week and year for any
files or directories that are dated with the current day

I'm running on SGI 6.2. The date problem appears on standard SGI ftp and
WU-ftp.

It works fine on Sun ftp. Cute ftp client works fine on both platforms
When I change the year on my pc the Netscape client always displays year-1

Any comments would be appreciated.

Doug

-- 
Doug Courtney
[email-masked]
(732)576-5572