Subject: Guestgroup problem with shadow ?

From: Christophe Zwecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 01:52:04 +0200

HI,

I use Linux 2.0.30 wu.ftpd beta15

I stup a guestaccount as in the faq, used same entries in passwd's, did
the entry in ftpaccess accordingly. I have the shadow system installed.

The User I created does not have a PW. However when I change his shell
to /etc/ftponly and try to login via ftp to localhost, the server asks
for a PW. SO I don't know why is this happening ? Which PW does the
system want ? There is none....

I hope anyone can help me on this one.

thx alot
-- 
Christophe Zwecker                email: [email-masked]
Hamburg, Germany                    fax: 49 40 22715433
                         sms (msg body): [email-masked]	

     >--> In newsgroups please reply also by email - thanks <--<

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:22:20 -0500 (CDT)

There are some minor changes to make in the Makefile and a couple of other
places to use shadow passwords.  Did you configure those in?  If not check
~/src/makefiles/Makefile.lnx, and you might need to define SHADOW_PASSWORD
in ~/config/config.lnx.

   -- Michael