Subject: logging

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:13:23 -0600

I'm having some problems with logging on my Irix 5.3 with a virtual
server.  The problem is that everything is going to the SYSLOG.  

Here's the associated entries in ftpaccess:

virtual 204.133.158.103 root /usr/home/fred
virtual 204.133.158.103 banner /usr/local/lib/ftpd/fred.banner
virtual 204.133.158.103 logfile /usr/local/lib/ftpd/fred.log

log commands anonymous,real,guest
log transfers anonymous,real,guest inbound,outbound
 
Here's the man page:

  If the -l option is specified, each ftp session is  logged
  in the syslog.

  If the -L  option  is  specified,  commands  sent  to  the
  ftpd(8)  server  will  be  logged  to  the syslog.  The -L
  option is overridden by the use of the ftpaccess(5)  file.
  If  the  -L  flag  is  used, command logging will be on by
  default as soon as the ftp server is invoked.   This  will
  cause the server to log all USER commands, which if a user
  accidentally enters a password for that command instead of
  the  username,  will cause passwords to be logged via sys-
  log.

I have neither '-L' nor '-l' on the ftpd command line...

TIA,

Brad