Subject: anonymous ftp problem

From: [email-masked] (Jose Monteiro)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 18:59:15 GMT

Hi,

I've set guest accounts so that the users can upload their pages
directly to the site.

When they login as guests, the can cd to /web (with write permission)
and upload the pages. How can a avoid access to the web directory or
hide it to someone doing anon ftp to the virtual ftp site?

Thanks,

*--------------Jose Monteiro <[email-masked]>--------------*
|     Pluriproj - Redes e Sistemas de Comunicacoes Lda.     |
|      Agente IP em Leiria    http://www.pluriproj.pt       |
*.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·*
|        Tel: +351 44 8182063   Fax: +351 44 8182061        |
|   Finger me or search key servers for my PGP public key   |
*-----------------------------------------------------------*

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:35:31 -0500 (CDT)

Sounds like your guest ftp is not working.  If they can see the whole Web
tree, guest isn't working.  Go over the setup in detail again. 

   -- Michael