Subject: probleme mit "ls"

From: sturm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:39:41 +0100

hi,

ich habe ein problem mit dem wu-ftpd auf hp-ux. ich habe guest- und real- 
gruppen eingerichtet. bei den real-usern ist alles ok. wenn ich 
mich als user der guest-gruppe einlogge habe ich folgendes 
problem: mit "ls" zeigt das prog "nichts" an (ausser befehl 
erfolgreich) mit nlist bekomme ich aber den inhalt angezeigt!

	h e l p ! !

ciao matze

---

From: [email-masked] (Josef Siemes)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:52:09 +0200 (DFT)

> hi,

perhaps you should try posting in english, so that other readers of this
list can understand what you're asking ...
> erfolgreich) mit nlist bekomme ich aber den inhalt angezeigt!

Since I have no access to HP-UX I only try to translate it a bit:

<translate>
wu-ftp on hp-ux is used. Real-users are working. guest-users don't
get anything on 'ls', but 'nlist' works.
</translate>

So your external ls seems not to work. Do you have a ls-binary in the guest
directories?

For further hints first check the wu-ftp FAQ,
http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html, and the related documents there.

Josef

(Josef Siemes, [email-masked])

---

From: Jeff Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:15:20 -0400

Do you have a "static" linked ls?

This fixed a similar problem.  

Sorry, I have to respond in English, my Deutsch is 
very very rusty.  :>)

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:37:37 +0000 (GMT)

> get anything on 'ls', but 'nlist' works.

Missing libraries or something? Just guessing.
*
t
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom: So far, der winter kommt, ich schaff mir glaub ich noch ein paar
Tom: Zyxel traffos an...
Roli: Aber genug davon nehmen. Wenn die Dinger kapput gehen werden sie 
Roli: nicht mehr warm.

---

From: Jenice Darner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:56:10 -0400

> > get anything on 'ls', but 'nlist' works.
check that /bin/ls is the defined ls for the guests and that you haven't
got the anonymous access chrooted. If /bin/ls *is* the guest group ls,
make sure it is executable by all. If /bin/ls is *not* the ls for the
guest group, check on /sbin/ or /usr/bin...depending on he HPUX version,
the "static" ls is usually the one you avoid...however in 10.20, it's
the one you copy to ~ftp/bin/. Ahhhhh....the wonderful world of HPUX...

Denise