Subject: Problems reading from a file.

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:23:14 -0600

Hi all.  

I'm working on the user ratio implementation and am trying to get ftpd
to read a user credit file (a simple text file), but it doesn't want to
play nice.  For some reason it won't open any files for reading.  Is
there something going on behind the scenes that I'm missing?

-Brad

---

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:40:40 -0600

Jim Davis wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Brad Waite wrote:
> 
> > Hi all.
> >
> Well you've checked the obvious possibility about chroot getting in the
> way?
> 
> Apart from that possibility I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't just
> do it.

Okay, I can get ftpd to read the credit file now and notify the user of
his dl credits upon login.  Now I'm calling for recommendations on how
to update the file after the chroot().  The file has to be updated after
every transfer, otherwise the user could open another connection and
leech based on the initial credits.  Ideas?

-Brad