Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4 and last

From: [email-masked] (Dan Transue)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:02:40 -0400

Greetings,

It seems that the daemon does not log ftp entries in a way that the last
command likes.  I have written a program to dump out the wtmp entries and
can see that wu-ftpd is writing the entries.

Has anyone modified the src appropriately for use on a Solaris 2.5.1 system?
I could use the mods if someone has them.

Please reply directly as I am not on the list.

Thanks!

-dan
--
=============================================================================
Dan Transue				Phone: (908) 457-2935
AT&T - CCS Marketing Transaction Sys	FAX:   (908) 457-4440
30 Knightsbridge Rd, Room 33C42		EMAIL: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ  08854
=============================================================================

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:43:34 -0500 (CDT)

If you are running the old 2.4 you should go to the latest beta -- many
bugs and security holes fixed.  Can't help on the log stuff.

   -- Michael

> can see that wu-ftpd is writing the entries.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.