Subject: Problems w/sgi

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 11:12:31 -0600

Hey all.  Was trying to install beta 15 last night ( and this morning),
and am having some problems.  Here's what gets shoved into syslog:

Oct  6 22:54:59 3D:ns1 ftpd[14450]: getpeername (ftpd): Socket operation
on non-socket

It compiled fine on my 4D35 running IRIX 5.3 with gcc (cc, too).  Here
is what I believe to be the offending piece of code:

ftpd.c:

425      if (getpeername(0, (struct sockaddr *) &his_addr, &addrlen) <
0) {
426          syslog(LOG_ERR, "getpeername (%s): %m", argv[0]);
427  #ifndef DEBUG
428          exit(1);
429  #endif
430      }
431      addrlen = sizeof(ctrl_addr);
432      if (getsockname(0, (struct sockaddr *) &ctrl_addr, &addrlen) <
0) {
433          syslog(LOG_ERR, "getsockname (%s): %m", argv[0]);
434  #ifndef DEBUG
435          exit(1);
436  #endif

I initally tried compiling with -DVIRTUAL, but am not just trying to get
a single server version working.  After it spits out the error, it dies 
(maybe from the "edit(1)"??).

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

-Brad

---

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 18:07:14 -0600

Harumph.  All it needed was a reboot.  Somehow inetd stopped listening
to ANY port, so I rebooted and voila! ftpd woke up just fine.

> (maybe from the "exit(1)"??).