Subject: wu-ftpd beta15 and Linux 2.0.31

From: Laszlo Vecsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:11:28 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone else noticed a problem with 'stuck' ftp sessions?  

I run ftpwho and I see ftp sessions still active from days back, and I
know the users from those sites have long terminated their sessions. I
believe this behavior began either when I upgraded one release,
respectively, to Linux 2.0.31, or wu-ftpd beta15. 

- lv

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:24:49 -0500 (EST)

> respectively, to Linux 2.0.31, or wu-ftpd beta15. 

This has been around for "some time".  I posted a patch that terminates
these hung sessions a few beta's ago, but I think the patch was considered
too much of a hack to be included in the source.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key____

---

From: "T's Mailing Lists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:38:05 +0000 (GMT)

> too much of a hack to be included in the source.

Interestingly enough I had this "bug" with Debian's wu-ftpd version
which disapeared when I "upgraded" to academ 15...

*
t

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Tomas Pospisek's mailing-lists mailbox   
           www.SPIN.ch - Internet Services in Graubuenden/Switzerland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom: So far, der winter kommt, ich schaff mir glaub ich noch ein paar
Tom: Zyxel traffos an...
Roli: Aber genug davon nehmen. Wenn die Dinger kapput gehen werden sie 
Roli: nicht mehr warm.