Subject: Tracking user ratios

From: Brad Waite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 08:32:37 -0600

Is there any way to track user send/get ratios in wu-ftpd?  I didn't see
anything in the source or docs, but thought I'd ask.

If there's not, would it be possible to write a 'log wrapper' that tails
the log files and makes adjustments to ftpaccess?  And if it were
possible (I'm assuming it is), comments on feasability?

-Brad Waite

---

From: Phil Schwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 10:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

> possible (I'm assuming it is), comments on feasability?

Well, I was planning on sometime relatively soon working on putting ratios
into the code.  If you wanna hang on, I might have it done in a weekend or
two depending on just how many midterms and papers are due :) 

Incidentally, if anyone has any suggestions as to how this should be done
that they want me to consider, just drop me a note.  Put something in
capital letters in the title like "RATIO SUGGESTIONS" or I'm apt to
accidentally delete it as I'm "reading" linux-kernel :) 

Phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The ultimate seal on any software product is not any sort of kite mark or
standards conformance certificate, it's that label that says, "Destruction
tested by Alan Cox.... Survived."' -- Clive Dolphin (3Com PDD)