Subject: virtual FTP servers

From: Vikas Aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:55:16 -0400 (EDT)

I wanted to setup multiple anonymous FTP sites on my Unix machine.
Such that if a user does an 'ftp abc.dom' then they get to a
different anonymous FTP tree, and if they do a 'ftp xyz.dom' they
get to a different anonymous FTP tree.

Is this possible with the current wu-ftpd daemon ? I guess I will have
to use virtual interfaces on my machine...

	-vikas

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:51:20 -0500 (CDT)

The document is in the root directory of the beta distribution below. 

   -- Michael

> get to a different anonymous FTP tree.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.