Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4 changes for Irix 5.X and 6.X

From: "Richard Norwood Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 14:27:01 -0400

FYI

I have attached the files I modified for the install to complete
on SGI Irix 5.X and 6.X systems.  Here is a brief overview of the
changes I made.  Note the changes were not that major:

1. The Makefile in the root directory failed do to incompatable install
parameters.  I fixed these so the ./build install would complete.

2. Makefile.sgi: 
	- The varible LIBC variable is not needed.
	- The support library is not needed for ftpcount and ftpshut

3. config.sgi:
	- Need to define NCARGS.  This is a kernel parameter and it's value
	  can be fetched using the following command 'systune -i | grep -i 
	  ncargs'

	- The function realpath is defined in <stdlib.h> and <sys/param.h>,  so 
	  to make sure WU's realpath function was used I created a define to
	  to rename the function.

	  #define realpath wu_realpath

Other than the above problems everything is working great.

Thanks,

Rick Norwood

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
||   Richard Norwood (SGI)      | "We have not inherited the Earth  ||
||   Technology Services 	|  from our ancestors." 	    ||
||			      	|		 	            ||
||   Phone:  (301)-572-3296    	| "We have only borrowed it from    ||
||   Email:  [email-masked]       |  our children."                   ||
||   Beeper: 1-800-792-7933   	|         - Ancient Proverb         ||
||   Alpha Pager:      		|                		    ||
||     [email-masked]     |                                   ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------

BINDIR=		/usr/local/bin
ETCDIR=		/usr/local/etc
MANDIR=		/usr/local/man
MANEXT=		8
OWNER=		root
GROUP=		sys
SHELL= /bin/csh

all:
	@ echo 'Use the "build" command (shell script) to make ftpd.'
	@ echo 'You can say "build help" for details on how it works.'

install: bin/ftpd bin/ftpcount bin/ftpshut
	- mv -f ${ETCDIR}/ftpd ${ETCDIR}/ftpd-old
	@echo "Installing executables"
	cd bin; install -F ${ETCDIR} -u ${OWNER} -g ${GROUP} -m 755 ftpd
	cd bin; install -F ${BINDIR} -u ${OWNER} -g ${GROUP} -m 755 ftpshut ftpcount ftpwho
	@echo "Installing manpages"
	cd doc; install -F ${MANDIR}/man8 -u ${OWNER} -g ${GROUP} -m 444 ftpd.8 ftpshut.8
	cd doc; install -F ${MANDIR}/man1 -u ${OWNER} -g ${GROUP} -m 444 ftpcount.1 ftpwho.1
	cd doc; install -F ${MANDIR}/man5 -u ${OWNER} -g ${GROUP} -m 444 ftpaccess.5 ftphosts.5 ftpconversions.5 xferlog.5