Subject: Virtual Feature of wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta15

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:24:52 +0800 (CST)

Dear Sir:

Sorry to bore you.

I get a copy of wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15 and install it in my Linux system, I
found a funny thing. when I access the virtual host of mine, I can login
as anonymous and real user. If I use real user, I can see the file in the
user's home directory with 'ls' or 'dir'. But if I use anonymous, I cant
see anything with 'ls' or 'dir'. I can sure I have login it and I can
download and send the files in the '/' and subdirectory of the virtual.
What have happened? Can you give me some help?

My system is Slackware3.3 with kernel 2.1.59.

Regards.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:04:39 -0600 (CST)

> What have happened? Can you give me some help?

The guest howto, FAQ, and list archives have answers to your questions.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.

---

From: The Doctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:11:12 -0700 (MST)

Recently, I have had problems getting anonymous accces to ftp.academ.com.

Any problems?