Subject: New (?) INSTALL problem

From: Tom Metzger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:37:34 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

     I'm trying to upgrade to the 2.4.2 beta 15 of WU-FTP (my system: 
Slackware Linux 3.0 running kernel 2.0.29) and I've run into a problem 
during the " ./build lnx " portion that doesn't seem to be listed in the
FAQ or the README files.

     During the beginning portion of the "build" when it's doing all the
"Making ftpd" compiles, it gives this error message:

gcc -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -I.. -I../support  -L../support -s -DDIRENT_ILLEGAL_ACCESS -o ftpd ftpd.o ftpcmd.o glob.o logwtmp.o popen.o vers.o access.o extensions.o realpath.o acl.o private.o authenticate.o conversions.o hostacc.o sigfix.o -lsupport
glob.o(.text+0x4b2): undefined reference to `dirfd'
make: *** [ftpd] Error 1

At that point, it proceeds with the "Making ftpcount, ftpshut and ckconfig"
sections and the final message before returning to the prompt is this:

Links to executables are in bin directory:
size: bin/ftpd: No such file or directory
text    data    bss     dec     hex     filename
2856    2644    112     5612    15ec    bin/ftpcount
3144    2301    112     5557    15b5    bin/ftpshut
2856    2644    112     5612    15ec    bin/ftpwho
1144    1920    100     3164    c5c     bin/ckconfig
Done
dragon:/home/local/src/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15#   

Any ideas what's happening here or am I forgetting something?

-- 
Tom Metzger -> INCOLSA Unix System Administrator -> http://www.palni.edu/~tom
Help Stop Internet Spam! --->    http://www.vix.com/spam/
Don't Spread That Hoax! -->  http://www.nonprofit.net/hoax/hoax.html