Subject: "real" user passwords on Solaris 2.5.1 gcc 2.4 compiler

From: "Gray, Mark M. " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:55:27 -0600

I guess I should have mentioned that I already have the Shadow password
defines and things turned on in the ftpd compile. Is there a library I
need to install similar to the one for LINUX? 

	> 
	> I have the wu-ftpd version 2.4 compiler under gcc on a Solaris
2.5.1
	> system.  When it comes to checking passwords, it works exactly
like I
	> want it to for anonymous ftp users.  However, when a real
user, (one who
	> has a password entry in the for real no-kidding /etc/passwd
and an entry
	> in the real no-kidding /etc/shadow file), logs in they get
asked for a
	> password, (like you would expect), but upon entering their
correct
	> password, they are denied access.  On entering NO PASSWORD at
all
	> (hitting the return key) they have the access that they are
expecting to
	> have.
	> 
	> Any suggestions?  Is this in a FAQ somewhere?
	> 
	> Thanks,
	> 
	> Mark M. Gray

http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html