Subject: SYSLOG Messages

From: "Richard Norwood Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 12:16:13 -0400

Oct  3 15:50:33 3D:system ftpd[1440]: open of pid file failed: No such
file or directory
Oct  3 15:50:33 3D:system ftpd[1440]: open of pid file failed: No such
file or directory

Does anyone know why the following messages are populating in my SYSLOG
?
I have a pid file associated with each class.

Thanks,

Rick
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
||   Richard Norwood (SGI)      | "We have not inherited the Earth  ||
||   Technology Services 	|  from our ancestors." 	    ||
||			      	|		 	            ||
||   Phone:  (301)-572-3296    	| "We have only borrowed it from    ||
||   Email:  [email-masked]       |  our children."                   ||
||   Beeper: 1-800-792-7933   	|         - Ancient Proverb         ||
||   Alpha Pager:      		|                		    ||
||     [email-masked]     |                                   ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------