Subject: An easy problem (I hope)...

From: "Sean Rolinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 20:35:33 -5

Hello list,

I have a problem with a Sun Sparc 5 and wu-ftpd-2.4.2-15. 

The program is installed and works properly for existing users.  The 
problem I am having is with the FTP or anonymous user.  I've created 
a directory for the ftp account called /local/home/ftp.  The 
directory structure is setup as suggested by the man pages.  Now, 
when I ftp in anonymously, and try to do an ls, I get the following 
message:

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): No such file or directory.
ftp> 

Now, Ive used Wu-ftpd with BSDI before and I had to place some 
/usr/lib files in the ~ftp/usr/lib directory.  I placed all the files 
that a 'ldd ls' and 'ldd -v ls' found.  This still did not work.  Are 
there additional files I should use or am I not placing them in the 
proper directory???  Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

The system is a Sun Sparc 5 with 64 Megs of RAM.  Here is a 
copy of my uname -a.

SunOS ss5a.digex.neoplanet.com 5.5.1 Generic_103640-05 sun4m sparc
SUNW,SPARCstation-5

(Digex set up this server for us)

Thanks...

Sean Rolinson
[email-masked]

---

From: Scot Needy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 07:30:46 -0400

Check the FAQ closely  I think there are some devices you are missing in
the
 chrooted env.

 Scot