Subject: "nodirs" variable

From: [email-masked] (David Hawley)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:34:01 -0700

I have placed the nodirs variable in the ftpaccess file, but it doesn't
work.  My users can successfully create directories.  How do I make this
work?  This is the result of a "grep nodirs ftpaccess":

upload  /var/ftp  *             no nodirs
upload  /var/ftp  /incoming     yes     root    daemon  0600 nodirs
upload  /var/ftp  /bin          no nodirs
upload  /var/ftp  /etc          no nodirs

I also killed and restarted inetd, and the running ftpd.

dh

---

From: Bill Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:01:27 -0700

Do you have the -a option in your /etc/inetd.conf file?  Here's ours
from an SCO system

ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/etc/tcpd /usr/local/etc/ftpd -alL -u022

-- 
Bill
--
INTERNET:   [email-masked]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
URL: http://www.celestial.com/

A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It is not
mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty
trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.
		-- Dave Barry