Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 15 available for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 01:27:42 -0500 (CDT)

BETA 15 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

Solaris 2.4 Sparc and x86, Solaris 2.5.1 x86, SunOS 4.1.4, Unixware 2.1,
FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE, BSD/OS 1.1, BSD/OS 2.1, BSD/OS 3.0, SCO Open Server 5, 
Linux 1.3.39 and 2.0.X.

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.

If hardware companies wish to donate equipment running their proprietary
UNIX derivatives to me for doing maintenance work on this and the other
packages I maintain (NNTP, RN, etc), please contact me directly to discuss.

If software companies that sell UNIX derivatives I don't to which I don't
have access wish to donain copies of their UNIX derivative to me for the
purposes of doing maintenace work on this and the other packages I maintain,
please contact me directly to discuss.

Finally, my thanks to Ian Willis with SCO for his assistance in reviewing
pre-releases of this software.

This is another release candidate. 

The location is: 
	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-15.tar.Z

NOTE: This directory is protected. Attempts to use a directory listing 
command will fail.

You can also check http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd for more information.

                   -0-FIXES IN THIS RELEASE-0-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 419 from Samuli Kaski <[email-masked]> notes a problem in
the ftpd man page. This has to do with a description of the command line -o
option. This has been fixed in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 430 from [email-masked], 433 from Bill Pemberton 
<[email-masked]>, 436 and 437 from John Simmons 
<[email-masked]>, 449 from Ole Holm Nielsen <[email-masked]>,
456 from Tim Evans <[email-masked]>, and 459 from Peter
Newman <[email-masked]> pointed out a typo in fnmatch.c. This is
now fixed. I also made changes to fnmatch.c to accomodate the lack of certain 
flag definitions on systems that claim to be POSIX compliant. These flags are
not used by the current wu-ftpd server code.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 431 from Marc Baudoin <[email-masked]> pointed out some
configuration file problems when compling wu-ftpd on NetBSD. These changes
are in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 432 from John Marshall <[email-masked]> has pointed out a problem
in ftpcmd.y concerning correctly recognizing the PASS command in a non-case
sensitive manner. This change has been installed in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 443 from Mark Bergman <[email-masked]> and 444 from
Chuck Yerkes <[email-masked]> sent in a bug reports for skey. A fix is 
included in this release. It has been conditionalized since FreeBSD supports
the old calling method. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 448 from Eilon Gishri <[email-masked]> reported some changes
for AIX 4.1.X that would allow virutal hosting to work on AIX 4.1.X. These
changes are included in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 454 from Jon Lewis <[email-masked]> and 455 from Simon Kirby 
<[email-masked]> were forwarded from the mailing list to address a problem
with the new expired password support in beta-14.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 460 from Jay Vassos-Libove <[email-masked]> pointed out that
there was a bug in the configuration file for BSD/OS, though he thought it 
was in the pathnames.h file. The correct fix has been included in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 463 from Koga Youichirou <[email-masked]> and 468 from
Andrey A. Chernov <[email-masked]> pointed out that there was a bug in the
configuration file for FreeBSD. The fix has been included in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 467 from Koga Youichirou <[email-masked]> pointed out that
the s/key challange in wu-ftpd did not conform to RFC 1760. This has been
fixed in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 469 from Andrey A. Chernov <[email-masked]> submitted some
revisions for FreeBSD support of wu-ftpd. These are included in this release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 470 from [email-masked] pointed out a problem in the "NLST" command
that could cause a system to eat up all memory and get sluggish. This could
be seen as a Denial of Service attack. I have changed the software to detect
this type of attack and not permit it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ing. Jose Angel G. Flores Ceja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:01:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi to all

Im have the folloing problem, everything works well for real users, but
for anonymous and guest the information doesn't show to them , it seems
like the commands ls,dir,... don't work properly , i've tryed all the stuf
in the faq's but stil don't diplay anything, i'm running irix 6.2 , those
anybody hny posible solution.

Tanks...

Saludos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-	 					                          -
- Ing. Jose Angel G. FLores Ceja                                          -
- Centro de Sistemas y Telecomunicaciones                                 -
- Rectoria Universidad Virtual, ITESM                                     -
- CEDES 1er Piso   Tel: 3582000  Ext. 6911, 6918                          -
- Next-Mail: [email-masked]                                -
-									  -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------