Subject: Problem with wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-14 in Debian Linux

From: Cade Cairns <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:05:42 -0600 (MDT)

Today I tried installing wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-14 on my Debian Linux system.
The compile went fine, as did installation.  The daemon itself is running
almost flawlessly.

My current problem (which I suspect is simple to fix) is that when a user
logs on, they arent being counted, so my maximum user limits arent being
enforced.  /var/log/xferlog also isnt being written to.

nitehawk:~# ps ax | grep ftp
29759  ?  S      0:00 ftpd: immortalis.nitehawkis.com: immortal: IDLE
nitehawk:~# ftpcount
Service class all                  -   0 users ( 10 maximum)
nitehawk:~# ftpwho
Service class all:
   -   0 users ( 10 maximum)

The same thing goes for when an anonymous user is logged on.  I modified
config.lnx to make sure everything in pathnames.h was pointed to the right
files, including utmp and wtmp, but ftpd still isn't functioning properly.

Any ideas?  Thanks, 

                                           -%- Cade Cairns