Subject: All users denied access

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:05:54 +0000

I have just got 2.4.2 working (to a degree) on dynix/ptx 4.4. It is now at the 
point where it asks for a user name. If I enter any username which is in the 
password file I get 530 (User x access denied...). If I enter an invalid 
username it asks for a password then gives me the same message.

The only thing which I think can be wrong is the class definition in ftpaccess, 
but any attempt (including the example file) gives the same results.

I have proved it is using ftpaccess with a banner command and tried using -A 
which doesn't use ftpaccess but still gives 530 for any valid username.

Anyone any suggestions ?

Martin

PS thanks to those who assisted with my compilation.

**********************************************************************
DST International   Tel:+44 181 390 5000    www.dstinternational.co.uk 

This message and any attachments to it is intended only for the 
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain 
information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from 
disclosure or unauthorised use.  If the recipient of this 
transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent 
responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, 
you are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, 
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or 
publication of this e-mail message or its attachments other than by 
its intended recipient is strictly prohibited by the sender.  

If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by 
telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies 
in your possession.
**********************************************************************