Subject: large passwd files

From: webadmin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:40:54 +0100

Hi

I have 6000 users in my password file. they do not all connect
simultaneously. I have got the patch for big passwd file, so that
timeout errors do not occur.

Has anyone experienced problems with wuftpd dying if the password file
is too big. Will I need to ove to a commercial server like ncftpd.

Before I can persuade anyone to go down this line, I need evidence that
this problem will occur.

Thanks 

Iqbal

---

From: "Matthew Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:11:45 -0400

I have 19000 users in my passwd file.  Though I have not noticed any
problems caused by having so many users, I was not aware that there was
even a potential for a problem (other than memory constraints for
simultaneous connections).  What is the big passwd file patch supposed to
fix (timeouts on what: connect, read, write?) and where do I get it?

Matt

----------
> From: webadmin <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: large passwd files
> Date: Friday, September 12, 1997 4:40 AM
> 
> Hi
>