Subject: Re: GUI FTP clients with wu-ftpd`

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:35:48 +0000

I have exactly the same problem with Reflections FTP client. I have a call being
reffered to the developers now. Please mail me if your people have a solution 
and I'll do the same.
Cheers,
Martin
______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: GUI FTP clients with wu-ftpd`
Author:  MIME [email-masked]} at INTERNET
Date:    9/19/97 7:33 PM

We have installed wu-ftpd; all aspects working fine as long as we use an 
ascii-based ftp.  When we try GUI-based FTP such as Hummingbird Exceed FTP 
or CuteFTP, the client can't see any files or subdirectories under the 
user's chroot-ed home.  If the user cd's up one level (to their perceived 
"root"), they can no longer see even their own home directory.  It's not an 
ls problem, either; we've put 'ls' into ~/bin - even put it in each user's 
home directory, just on a hunch.  Exceed's built-in ascii mode (invoked from 
the GUI) can see the files just fine.  I'm in correspondence with 
Hummingbird and CuteFTP, but was also wondering if anyone else out there had 
run into this.  Thanks.
Dave

**********************************************************************
DST International   Tel:+44 181 390 5000    www.dstinternational.co.uk 

This message and any attachments to it is intended only for the 
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain 
information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from 
disclosure or unauthorised use.  If the recipient of this 
transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent 
responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, 
you are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, 
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or 
publication of this e-mail message or its attachments other than by 
its intended recipient is strictly prohibited by the sender.  

If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by 
telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies 
in your possession.
**********************************************************************