Subject: Xferlog problems on DEC Unix V4.0

From: [email-masked] (Peter Chiu RAL SSD EODG Computer Section)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:32:14 +0100

Thanks for the responses from [email-masked] 
and [email-masked] on the xferlog problems
that I have with DEC Unix V4.0 on WU-FTPD V2.4(2).

The problem was that only inbound ftp on a real user is
logged in xferlog, and I would like to see all transactions logged.

I have been suggested to pick up the latest release V2.4.2 (Beta 14)
and that I have done.

The installation on this kit however gave a couple of problems
that resulted in no ftpd being produced:

a. ./support/fnmatch.c contains an error inhibiting FNM_LEADING_DIR
   and FNM_CASEFOLD from being defined:

	#ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE
	#ifndef FNM_LEADIND_DIR
	#define FNM_LEADING_DIR 0x08    /* Ignore /<tail> after Imatch. */
	#endif
	#ifndef FNM_CASEFOLD
	#define FNM_CASEFOLD    0x10    /* Case insensitive search. */
	#endif
	#endif

b. /usr/include/acl.h is expected but this file is now in
   /usr/sys/include/sys/acl.h.

   This may be caused by the fact that I am not using ACL or
   C2 security.

Having gone that far, I have managed to compile and produce the
binaries.  I ran bin/ckconfig which reports for some missing files
in /usr/local/lib/ftpd (as opposed to /etc defined in pathnames.h).

Anyway, I copied the doc/examples to /usr/local/lib/ftpd/ftpaccess, 
ftpconversions and an empty ftpusers.

Having reloaded inetd, I found out that no inbound ftp is now authorised
(on real users, root, and anonymous).  I got the username prompt but
they are all rejected with "530 Login incorrect" errors.

Outbound ftp seems to be working okay though.

Does anyone has any idea of what has gone wrong?