Subject: Help - error cant create socket 0.0.0.0

From: Godfrey Nix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:06:38 +0000

Hi there everyone.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I have an error message when
trying to execute a command. Yes, I know the explanation
is somewhere - I have even seen it myself! - but I just dont
seem to be able to find it again. I am running wu-ftpd on a
Sun Netra, Solaris 2.5.

Anyone please point me in the right direction, thanks.

Godfrey N Nix  C.Eng MBCS B.ScTech(Hons)
Network Operations Manager
East Midlands Network Ltd (emnet)
phone 0115 956 8260
visit  http://www.emnet.co.uk

---

From: Paul Civati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:21:18 +0100

> seem to be able to find it again. I am running wu-ftpd on a

Follow the Solaris in.ftpd(1M) man page, it gives details on
setting up chrooted anonymous ftp.

Generally speaking, you can't build statically linked binaries under
Solaris (you'll need libs in /lib in your chrooted area for /bin/ls),
and you need /dev and some device entries in your chrooted area.

-Paul-

---

From: Carlos Canau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:53:34 +0100 (WET DST)

> and you need /dev and some device entries in your chrooted area.

	You can build statically linked binaries under Solaris. Check the
Solaris FAQ. My ls is static compiled with latest gcc.

	Another thing, make sure that the filesystem where you put your
chrooted /dev directory is mounted SUID or you'll still get the socket
problem.

	</canau