Subject: on-the-fly compress/uncompress

From: Harshal Savalia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:41:57 +0500 (IST)

Hello,

I have been using wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on HP-UX.  I have some questions
on how the on-the-fly  compress/uncompress  utility works.  According to
what I  understood  it is the  ftpd_popen()  function in popen.c file in
which the child  process  created by vfork()  call does the  execv()  to
finally  execute  the  compress/uncompress   command.  Does  anyone  can
explain this to me ?

Also can anybody explain me how to do on-the-fly  compress/uncompress  ?
I am not able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Harshal
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harshal Savalia					email : [email-masked]
Hewlett Packard - ISO				Phone : (91)(80)2251554 x 1424
30C, Cunningham Road				Fax   : (91)(80)2200196
Bangalore 560 052				Telnet: 847-1306
India.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------