Subject: wu-ftpd beta 13 doesn't allow DELETES and OVERWRITES??

From: [email-masked] (Randy Bias)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:08:21 -0700

I'm running wu-ftpd beta 13 and it doesn't seem to allow DELETES or OVERWRITES
regardless of how I configure it.

The ftpaccess file says the default is "yes" for everything.  I've tried just
about every combination of possible configuration options and notice absolutely
NO CHANGE in the behaviour of the FTP daemon.  I checked the top-level config.c
file in the distribution I got, but it looks fine as well.  Have I just
discovered a bug or am I missing something really obvious!?!?

Please help.  Replies by e-mail as I can't afford the added bandwidth of the
list.

Thanks!

--Randy

---

From: [email-masked] (Randy Bias)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:10:52 -0700

Jim Davis says:
>You should mention what system you are running this on.  Do you see the
>same behavior with the latest version, beta-15? 

I'm running it under Solaris 2.5.1 (SPARC).  I have only built this version
at the moment, but I've downloaded beta-15 and will test it as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, due to Real World constraints (the server is in production and
I don't have easy access to another solaris box) it's problematic to test other
versions.  It can be done, it's just painful.  :-)

I will probably try an earlier version (2.4?) as well just to see what happens.

I didn't notice anything in the notes for beta-14 or beta-15 that suggested
there was such a problem or that it had been fixed.

Thanks,

--Randy