Subject: Build wu-ftpd on Unix SVR4 System - NCR 3525 Host

From: "Yip Seng Leong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:50:27 +0800

Hi !
Did anybody ever successfully build wu-ftpd on an NCR 3525 Host running
Unix SVR4.
I am having lots of problems getting a clean compilation. 
To begin with, Unix SVR4 is not listed in any of the build options, so I
tried osf plus a couple of others (hpx, dec etc.). None of them seems to
work.
I think the 'c' libraries for NCR Unix SVR4 are not compatible with the 'c'
source codes in wu-ftpd. Here are just some of the errors and warnings I
get

w "ftpd.c",L1077/C21(#553):	name
|    Conversion of type `char *' to type `unsigned char *' is not
ANSI-compliant.

E "glob.c",L119/C15(#237):	NCARGS: Identifier is undeclared.
E "glob.c",L119/C8(#445):	agargv: Type of variable is an array of zero
length.

E "ftpcount.c",L258/C18(#237):	LOCK_UN: Identifier is undeclared.
w "ftpcount.c",L308/C1(#72):	main: Function has no return statement.

HELP !!! Anybody