Subject: chroot FTP help please

From: Mail Lists <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:34:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello...can anyone help me with this?  here goes again:

  I've got the home directory of the user becoming the root directory but 
what isn't working is ls.  It doesn't display anything...I can run a 
command like mkdir xyz and after quiting and telnetting back in it does 
exist, ls just won't display it while in ftp.  I've created the shlib 
directory with the libc_s.2.0 from /shlib in it set to 555 and all the 
other directories like bin, etc...any ideas?  thanks...

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:21:06 -0500 (CDT)

> other directories like bin, etc...any ideas?  thanks...

The external ls is not operational.  The guest howto, the FAQ, and the
list archives all are good resources. 

   -- Michael

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-14.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.