Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Flame me!]]

From: Chris Fury <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:27:46 -0400

Alright, I guess I'll step forward and fess up.  I was the one who
"singed" Michael, although that was not my intention.  (I stated
repeatedly that I was not trying to offend him, I had read the
documentation; his message was no help to me.)

That was an utterly stupid thing for me to do.  I have already
apologized.  I do realize that sometimes lists like this get posted with
a million million questions about basically the same thing, and I can
understand that it gets old repeating the same things.  That's what
FAQs are for.  But doesn't it say something when people ask the
same questions again and again?  Not every person who posts a question
is illiterate, you know.  Perhaps the method is difficult, perhaps the
documentation is poor.  Perhaps it's something the community should
 address.
 
Ack.  Sorry, anyway, I apologize.  I should not have called Michael's
pointer to the faq's "noise."  I was fustrated and took it out on him.
A totally horrible thing for me to do.  Flame me if you wish.
 
chris
idiot extraordinare