Subject: Count is off...

From: Phil Poole <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 19:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy all,

	Wu-ftp 2.4.2 Beta 13 is AWESOME.

	Much better functionality then earlier versions.

	One thing I did notice.  The count is off by one on my
	welcome message.

	But, ftpwho is reporting the correct number of users.

I have something like this as my /etc/ftp.banner and the count is 
off by 1.

Welcome to the Frederick Biomedical Supercomputing Center
FTP archive, running on %L.

Information about your login and any transfers you do are 
logged on this host.  If you do not like that, please 
disconnect now.

Please contact %E with any technical problems you may have
accessing this archive.

You  are currently user %N our of a maximum of %M users.

The current time in Frederick Maryland, USA is %T

If the SAME message is my ~ftp/welcome.msg then the count is 
correct.

So, I guess that message is really only supposed to go 
as the WELCOME after login and I should have the unathorized
use message BEFORE the login prompt. 'ie /etc/ftp.banner file'

Is there a way I can get the number of connections displayed 
in the ftp.banner correctly ?

Thanks

--
       Phil Poole	| Unix Systems Administrator
     [email-masked]	| Frederick Biomedical SuperComputing Center
      (301) 846-5721	| Frederick MD, 21702