Subject: Alternate log?

From: Robert Glover <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 21:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

I want to know if I can alter the file wu-ftpd-beta13 logs too. currently,
it spits out all logins, activity, etc etc  to /var/log/messages
<syslogd>... I wnt it to just spit out to /var/log/ftplog or something...
is this possible??

							-Rob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Aug 1997 21:00:14 GMT

Pink elephants with an attitude inspired Robert Glover <[email-masked]> to tell garfield.mail.wu-ftpd:
: I want to know if I can alter the file wu-ftpd-beta13 logs too. currently,
: it spits out all logins, activity, etc etc  to /var/log/messages
: <syslogd>... I wnt it to just spit out to /var/log/ftplog or something...
: is this possible??

depending on your OS you could put something like
ftp.*	/var/log/ftplog
in syslog.conf, but that is quite OS dependent.

-- 
Perry Rovers ([email-masked])