Subject: Trying again: %N doesn't work.

From: Antonio Montes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 21:59:35 -0400

Hi,

Everytime someone ftp to my machine I want it to display a message with the present number of 
users logged in (%N) but instead of the actual number it always displays -1 !?!?!?
Any ideas why wu-ftp is it doing this?

Antonio

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 09:30:30 +0200 (MET DST)

> Any ideas why wu-ftp is it doing this?

Sounds like the path for storing the pid files isn't available. Check the
.h files of wu-ftpd for what that path is.

									 Koos van den Hout

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey      Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/   Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Microsoft thinks "open systems" means they can leave out security.