Subject: guestserver - automatically redirect?

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:28:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
	I've read through the faq and the mail archives and couldn't find
any info about this...

I like the guestserver flag, butit simply returns "Please try machine
xxx".  Is there anyway to make it redirect them automatically to the other
machine?

-- 
Philip Hallstrom                 Sierra On-Line, Inc.
[email-masked]      http://www.sierra.com/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 4 Aug 1997 22:05:02 GMT

Pink elephants with an attitude inspired Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]> to tell garfield.mail.wu-ftpd:
: I like the guestserver flag, butit simply returns "Please try machine
: xxx".  Is there anyway to make it redirect them automatically to the other
: machine?

You could use something like tcprelay for that.. waits for a connection on a
port and throws it to some other host at the same port. Or a simple CNAME in
the DNS could do the trick as well, but may not be possible at times.

-- 
Perry Rovers ([email-masked])