Subject: Re: Trouble setting up chroot'ed home directories

From: [email-masked] (Thomas B. Fox)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:41:46 -0700

Thanks people for the pointers. I have chroot working, but now I get some
strange results when I ftp in. Upon first logging in everything is okay.
However a subdirectory of the home directory is invisible. You can however
tell the ftp client to go there and it will. This makes no sense to me.

/home/archive is home 		      drwxr-xr-x    owner root, group archive
/home/archive/incoming is subdirectory  drwxrwx---    owner root, group
archive

line in ftpaccess reads
guestgroup archive

user I am logging in as is member of group archive.

Any ideas?
Thomas B. Fox - [email-masked]
  - Systems Administrator and Internet Services Manager
  - Oliver Design, Inc. - 5 Victor Sq. - Scotts Valley, CA 95066
  - (408) 438-0701 x252

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:08:03 -0500 (CDT)

Could be the external ls is not set up right???  The guest howto goes into
some detail on this.

   -- Michael