Subject: exit-commands

From: [email-masked] (Regio Online, Berthold Reif)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:11:50 +0200

We try to find out, how we can establish a kind of exit command, 
which is running automatically after a user terminates an ftp-session.
This could be useful for doing some testing on uploaded files.

Does anyone have an idea ?

B.R.

---

From: Juergen Christoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 13:23:09 +0200

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:11:50 +0200
   From: [email-masked] (Regio Online, Berthold Reif)

You could set up a crontab job to periodically monitor certain
directories and post-process uploaded files. To make sure that the
cron job doesn't start post-processing before all files have been
uploaded, you might want to trigger it via a special file created by
your users after their upload has finished.

	--jc

-- 
   E-Mail: [email-masked] or one of {ftp,news,[email-masked]
   GMD - German National Research Center for Information Technology

   Superstition brings bad luck. -- Raymond Smullyan