Subject: Anonymous FTP Abuses (2)

From: Jean-Michel Augusto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:08:15 +0000

Hi Dear list members,

	Thanks for every one who answer me with various solutions/propositions.

	Now, I had checked many more aspects on my configuration. It seems now 
that it is impossible to misuse my FTP server .. I hope. My choices are 
:

		-deny any uploads/mkdir in the whole tree except in /incoming where 
the new files are immediately owned by an other user that the ftp one.

		-I use the ftplogcheck written by Koos van den Hout (many thanks to 
him) to detect any upload in /incoming.

	Now I have another problem : with this configuration, the update of 
the server is only possible from outside ftp. My real users (and me) 
want to be able to update the /pub directory themselves without asking 
me for each change.

	Is it possible to allow the upload/mkdir/delete only for real users in 
only the /pub directory ? the 'upload' directive does not seem to be 
enough for that. I have also see the guest possibilities (because I 
have already several ones in use). But I see no solution with this 
feature... I think that this kind of thing is done somewhere in the 
world no ?

	Once again many thanks for your help.

Jean Michel AUGUSTO