Subject: Re: lamer question: how to get user listing for anonymous users

From: "Michael Ryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 00:22:35 PDT

luckily, the machine is an ultra (E150) and, so, both libraries exist. 
placing them into ~ftp/usr/lib created the desired effect.

i agree that it's unfortunate that libmp is not mentioned in the SUN
in.ftpd page.  the page claims to be complete and even has an embedded
script -- which i ran.  

perhaps, libmp would be a good add to the Solaris section of the FAQ.

personally, will just put this into my UNIX Admin locker under 'lessons
learned' and remember it fondly.

thanks for the info.
//michael

Jim Davis wrote:
> 
> On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Michael Ryan wrote:
> 
> > i ran truss
> > > open("/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-1/lib/libc_psr.so.1", O_RDONLY) Err#2
> > ...
> > > 20483:  open("/usr/lib/libmp.so.1", O_RDONLY)           Err#2 ENOENT
> > and created the missing files.
> 
> While you do need libmp.so.1 under 2.5.1 in your ~ftp/usr/lib tree -- and
> unfortunately that isn't mentioned in Sun's in.ftpd man page -- anyone
> without an Ultra won't have a libc_psr shared library, even though when
> you run truss you may still see calls to it.  That library contains
> tweaked versions of libc routines but AFAIK there's only been a version
> released for Ultras.  It's not strictly necessary in ~ftp/usr/lib on
> Ultras either, though if you have it you might as well put it in there.

-- 
:: michael ryan, [email-masked] or, at play, [email-masked]
:: xerox office of the net, 3400 hillview avenue , palo alto , 94304
:: 415 813 7620 , *923 7620