Subject: Compilation error on Irix 6.2

From: Matt McClung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:03:28 -0600

I get the following error when compiling:

<when running ./build sgi - during the ftpd compile)
  ...
   cc -O -cckr _DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c
-hostacc.c
don't know how to make /usr/lib/libc_s.a (bu42)

Do I need another lib for this to be present or what?

Matt

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Church)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:01:40 EDT

>Do I need another lib for this to be present or what?

     I think this is the result of somebody going overboard on
dependencies; I encountered a similar problem when compiling beta 13 for
Linux because my libc.a wasn't in /usr/lib, where the Makefile expected it.
The solution is to simply remove all references to libc_s.a in the
Makefile (at least, that worked for me).

  --Andy Church                  | If Bell Atlantic really is the heart
    [email-masked]       | of communication, then it desperately
    www.dragonfire.net/~achurch/ | needs a quadruple bypass.