Subject: upload permissions problem

From: "Schramm, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:01:43 -0400

Hi,

I need to setup the upload feature so that guest users can upload files
with certain permissions in one directory structure and different ones
in another, all owned by the user doing the upload.

For example, I want be able to set it up so that when user1 uploads to
/server/execs and any subdirectories that may be created, that file is
owned by user1 and has it's permission set to 0755.  And when user2
uploads to /server/execs and any subdirectories, it will be owned by
user2 and have it's permissions set to 0755.

I know the "upload" directive in the ftpaccess file will allow me to set
permissions for files loaded into specific subdirectories, or *, but I
can't seem to get it set up so that any subdirectories that are created
have the permissions set properly.  For example:

upload /server /exec/user1  yes user1 anongrp 0755
upload /server /exec/user1/*  yes user1 anongrp 0755

will allow user1 to create files with 755 permission in it's chrooted
/exec/user1 directory, and /exec/user1/dir2.  It will not, however,
create a 755 file in /exec/user1/dir2/dir3.

I can't even say:

upload /server  * yes user1 anongrp 0755

because then all files in all directories for all users would be 755 and
owned by user1.

As I have multiple users that must share in the same chrooted home
directory (/server), this is a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

---

From: "Schramm, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:58:30 -0400

Hello, 

I originally sent this message to mail.wustl.edu, and since no one at
all responded to it, I assume that that was the wrong address, so here
is a copy of the message sent to wugate.wustl.edu.  Hope this works.

>-----Original Message-----
>From:	Schramm, Rich 
>Sent:	Tuesday, July 22, 1997 4:02 PM
>To:	[email-masked]'
>Subject:	upload permissions problem
>
>Hi,
>