Subject: DEV

From: "Matt W." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 20:44:20 -0400 (EDT)

My Linux Box is setup so that my Win95 partitions are mounted and can be
seen by everyone.  How do I set it up so that only certin people can see
those partitions when they ftp in? Especily anonymous users.  I have 3
Win95 partitions and they are mounted to  /dosc  /dosd  /dose.

I have tried to change permissions for RWX and I have also tried changing
the owership, and group.  I have tried changing it at the mount point and
even in the /dev/ directory.  But NOTHING works, what is the best way to
set it up???

Thanks In Advance!!!

Matt
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Poma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 20:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

> Win95 partitions and they are mounted to  /dosc  /dosd  /dose.
Anonymous users shouldn't be dumped in your root directory by default.
If it does, try changing the home directory for the 'ftp' user in
/etc/passwd to the place you want anonymous users placed.
 
> even in the /dev/ directory.  But NOTHING works, what is the best way to

To change the vfat mount, try mount /dosc -o umask=7
This'll strip the rwx for those other than the owner/group of the drive.

>-------------------------*--------------------------------------------------<
Greg Poma                 | The SorceryNet IRC Network FTP Administrator
Email: [email-masked]    |   http://www.sorcery.net
       [email-masked]  | Crack RC5-56bit now! http://rc5.distributed.net
>-------------------------*--------------------------------------------------<