Subject: Re: dir problem with wu-ftp 2.4

From: Danny Calamaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 01:00:51 +0200

Kent Landfield wrote:
> 
> # Am have exactly the same problem. What ls are you using, the standard OS
> # one or the fileutils. Am using the fileutils-3.15.gz  It works fine with
> # ls only but not with ls -l which is what the windows uses. I have read
> # the FAQ etc, but havn't really seen anything on this. I have got a new
> # version of fileutils-3.16.gz, I'll try those and see.
> 
> Might help if we knew what OS we are talking about.

Yep sorry, its on a Sun Netra, running SunOS 5.5.1 

> 
> I personally like to static link all ftp support utilities.  That can play
> havoc with Sun MPs but that is not a problem for me.  If you are on a Sun
> try
> 
> truss -f chroot ~ftp /bin/ls -l > /dev/null
> 
> and make sure that you have all the libraries there.
> 

Tried it but I don't have the truss command.

Danny

---

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:12:55 -0500 (CDT)

# Yep sorry, its on a Sun Netra, running SunOS 5.5.1 

Take a look at 

   A How-To Guide for wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.5.x 

     Darci L. Chapman <[email-masked]> has written a
     targeted document for the Solaris 2.5.x environment. 
     Extremely useful. 

  http://www.teleport.com/~minerva/wu-ftpd/wuftpd.shtml

# Tried it but I don't have the truss command.

Hmm. Development facilities ? gcc only I'll bet. ;-)

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
The Landfield Group                   FAX:   1-817-545-7650             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked].
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/

---

From: Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:48:18 +0200 (MET DST)

> # Yep sorry, its on a Sun Netra, running SunOS 5.5.1 

							^^^^^
							Dangerous word. The Netra has a stripped down
version of Solaris with a lot of your favourite tools missing.

It's probably best to first build and debug the setup on a development
machine and then move it to the netra.

                                           Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey      Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/   Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Microsoft thinks "open systems" means they can leave out security.