Subject: ftpaccess file

From: Simon Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:04:40 +0100

Hi,

I've a new user of wu-ftpd. I built an older version and could successfully
configure it with the ftpaccess file.

I've now upgraded to wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13 and can't get ftpd to read
the ftpaccess file. Things like ftpusers work fine.
I'm sure the path to the file is correct.

I'm on Dec Alpha OSF 3.2
Has anybody seen a similar problem ?

Thanks
Regards

Simon Hill
Technical Support Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Productivity Through Software         |  Tel:         +44 (0) 1928 579700
Manor Park Avenue                     |  Fax:         +44 (0) 1928 579701
Manor Park                            |
Runcorn.  WA7 1TL                     |  Email:       [email-masked] 
England                               |  WWW:         http://www.pts.co.uk 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (d. hall)
Date: 19 Jul 1997 08:06:18 -0400

// thus on Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:04:40 +0100, Simon virtually wrote:

Simon> Hi, I've a new user of wu-ftpd. I built an older version and could
Simon> successfully configure it with the ftpaccess file.

Simon> I've now upgraded to wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13 and can't get ftpd to
Simon> read the ftpaccess file. Things like ftpusers work fine. I'm sure
Simon> the path to the file is correct.

Simon> I'm on Dec Alpha OSF 3.2 Has anybody seen a similar problem ?

Specify -a as an argument in inetd.conf.  This is listed in one of the
README's as well as listed multiple times in the closed tickets.  By
default wu-ftpd does not read the ftpaccess file.  This is a change from
before.

d.
-- 
              Darren Hall               | phone: 216-241-7166
   Postmaster/Systems Administration    | pager: 216-517-9522
              APK Net Ltd.              | email: [email-masked]