Subject: logins

From: webadmin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:40:10 +0100

Hi 

I have 700+ people using wuftpd.

When they login in ,it takes forever to check there password, is this to
do with wuftps or just the size of the password file

Iqbal

---

From: Troy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:52:46 -0500 (CDT)

I've got wuftpd running on several machines with a total of about
15k users.  The amount of time it takes for them to log in (ie.
for the user to be authenticated) is about the same as the stock
ftpd that came with our OS.

---

From: Alexey Lef <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:29:33 +22324610

If you have many "upload" statements, you may want to look at:

  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/1997/Jun/0108.html

Hope this helps,

Alexey