Subject: Re: More delays

From: Johan Harvyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 07:14:48 +0100 (BST)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Steve Lawrence wrote:

> Hello, Everybody!
> 
>  I am new to the list, and new to wu-ftpd, and I have Two questions I hope
> you can answer:
> 
> We currently have B11  of wu-ftpd on our sun sparc 20.
> 
> I would like to restrict users to thier home directorys when they ftp to
> the server so they can't snoop around. How do I do this?

It sounds to me as if you would like to set up their ftp-sessions just as
with anonymous ftp. There is an option called guestgroup that you can have
a look at in the manpages. If user johan is a member of a guestgroup
(specified in /etc/ftpaccess or similar) the server will perform a
chroot() in that users home directory and make that the "/" dir in the
ftp-session.
Hope this will work for you, it does for me.

> Second, what is the latest release, and should I be updating the one I have
> installed yet?

I really can't give you any advice here, I can just say that I have had no
problems with the beta-13 which in my knowledge is the latest release.

regards,

Johan Harvyl
Email: [email-masked]
URL: http://k2.lund.se/~johan
Fingerprints: 32 24 A4 4B 55 A6 47 7B  47 D7 D6 15 BD 15 EE 6E
- ---
With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.       
       Peter J. Schoenster