Subject: logging ip/hostname

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:24:41 -0700

Hi wu-ftpd users:

	How can I get wu-ftpd to log the ip and/or hostname of successful
and/or unsuccessful connections?

	Also, we got quite a few mozilla@ as password.  Is this a standard web
browser entry?

	I am using wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13 on SunOS and SGI IRIX.  I've checked
the FAQ and documentation and didn't see anything about this.

	Your help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mona

-- 
===============================================================
Mona Wong, Programmer & Web Administrator
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://www-ncmir.ucsd.edu
===============================================================

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 19:13:03 -0500 (CDT)

> and/or unsuccessful connections?

Look into tcpwrappers; that is an excellent way to put a good control on
who can get in, and all results are logged.  If you don't know what that
is, mail me privately. 

> 	Also, we got quite a few mozilla@ as password.  Is this a standard web

Yes.  For a long time the anonymous password was one's email address.  A
couple of years ago people started getting spammed back because of this,
so as an overall privacy issue it was changed to something meaningless. 

   -- Michael