Subject: not sure how to do this?

From: Craig Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:24:29 +0100

Hi,

I am running wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on an O2 running irix6.3.

I have no problems with its performance or security but what i would
like to know is how do you setup ftp access only to the real users
account. By that i mean like a telnet shell using chrootuid restricts
the user to his "world" but how can i do the same for ftp. 

Anyone help? 
-- 

Regards

Craig

Craig Wallace                               Point4
[email-masked]                         Kingston-upon-Thames
http://www.point4.com                       United Kingdom
                                            T:+44(0)181 255 4004
Europe's premier Internet technologists     F:+44(0)181 255 4044

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:12:44 -0500 (CDT)

> the user to his "world" but how can i do the same for ftp. 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.