Subject: sub-login in Solaris 2.5.1

From: Kenny <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 03:58:02 -0400

hi,

i'm trying to configure sub-login in a solaris 2.5.1 system.

i recompiled source to get rid of the "can't change user in guest
login". however, the next problem i encountered on sub-login after a ftp
login is : "530 User kenny access denied". (i login as ftp and use :
"user kenny password xxxx)

i've config ~ftp/etc/passwd as
kenny:x:65535:1::/usr/local/www/ftp/./kenny:/usr/bin/false

and ftpaccess with
class local real,guest,anonymous  *
class guests guest *                                                    
class anonymouses anonymous *             

i'm missing something here?
thanks. :>

---

From: Jim Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 14:02:00 -0700 (MST)

> i'm trying to configure sub-login in a solaris 2.5.1 system.

Hmm.  Aren't there security problems with sublogins? 

But if you're determined to use that 'feature', then check /etc/nscd.conf
and make sure you aren't caching passwords.