Subject: core dumping programs

From: Craig Yap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:17:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to get 'ls' working on a Solaris 2.5.1 system.  I've setup the
/dev/{tcp,zero,ticotsord} files and copied in all the shared libraries
related to 'ls'.  I continually get the error about not being able to
'create a data socket'.  Also when I attempt 'chroot ~ftp /bin/ls' 'ls'
core dumps.

This is what my /dev directory looks like under ~ftp.

crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       11, 42 Jun 26 17:14 tcp
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys      105,  1 Jun 27 09:00 ticotsord
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       13, 12 Jun 26 17:15 zero

Any ideas?

Oh yea,  I'm running beta-13.

Thanks in advance for any help,
craig

-- 
Craig Yap                                        Email: [email-masked] 
Systems Programmer Guy                           Phone:    (561) 367-3249
Dept of CS&E at Florida Atlantic University      Fax:      (561) 367-2800
http://www.cse.fau.edu/~craig        PGP key can be found on my home page

---

From: Jim Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:31:01 -0700 (MST)

> crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys       13, 12 Jun 26 17:15 zero

You're missing the udp device.  You probably should check the Sun (not
wu-ftpd) in.ftpd man page and compare your setup with what they describe.

For 2.5.1 you may also need a copy of /usr/lib/libmp.so in ~/ftp/usr/lib. 
I don't think that's mentioned in the in.ftpd man page, but with that
exception you should be able to get everything working by doing just what
the man page says.

---

From: Todd Wilkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:45:35 -0400

I am getting the exact same problem on the same setup, although
	the problem is persistent in both 2.4.2 and 2.4.2-beta(13).

	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Todd Wilkinson
-Systems Administrator
-Appliedtheory Communications
[email-masked]