Subject: Virtual FTP

From: Dave Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:26:41 -0400

>This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
>directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

>ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

I am already running this version with -DVIRTUAL added to the CFLAGS
before I compiled it.  And I added the appropriate lines to the
'ftpaccess' file.  But it still doesn't function as I wanted.  When you
FTP to 'www.domain1.com' it dumps you in the anon FTP directory for the
actual server, not the Virtual domain.

-Dave

---

From: "Steven K. Buehler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:29:35 -0500

At 12:26 PM 6/19/97 -0400, Dave Crawford wrote: 

<excerpt><italic>>This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't
see the</italic> 

<italic>>directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's
there.</italic> 

<italic>><<ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z>ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z</italic> 

-Dave 

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Are you using the -a option in your inetd.conf file?  If not, then it
isn't even reading your ftpaccess file.  If you are, then let us see what
your ftpaccess file looks like so that we can see what it wrong.  I am
not sure if you posted the ftpaccess file before, so if you could post it
again, it would help.

======================================================

Steven K. Buehler

S & B Computers

Rockford Illinois, USA

Phone: 815-398-7169

Fax: 815-398-7266

======================================================

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:41:11 -0500 (CDT)

Do you have a unique IP address set up for the virtual host, complete with
aliased IP set up on the FTP server?  If you don't have the aliased IP
address set up on the FTP server, exactly what you described will happen.

   -- Michael