Subject: FTP Uploads

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:12:48 -0500 (CDT)

I've got a number of clients that are having trouble uploading files
across the Internet.  I know there was a discussion about this some time
ago, but I don't think I heard any definite conclusions about anything
that could be done.  Has anyone been able to find a way to get around
this?  I'm not sure anything can be done, but at least the question seems
worth asking. 

   -- Michael

---

From: Dave Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:26:28 -0400

> this?  I'm not sure anything can be done, but at least the question

   Could you describe what problems their experiencing?

-Dave

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:03:45 -0500 (CDT)

Typically uploads just aborting somewhere during the session.  This always
leaves a hung wu-ftpd daemon also that must be manually killed. 

   -- Michael

---

From: Dave Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:13:30 -0400

> leaves a hung wu-ftpd daemon also that must be manually killed.

Why not setup a CRON job to run every half hour that looks for inactive
ftp sessions and kills them itself.  Is that what your asking...?
-Dave

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:51:54 -0500 (CDT)

> ftp sessions and kills them itself.  Is that what your asking...?

Nope.  What can be done about aborted uploads to prevent them from
happening in the first place?  I don't think there is much.  But, when it
happens repeatedly it wears thin, even on the most understanding. 

   -- Michael