Subject: location of config files

From: "Rob Lingelbach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:36:14 -0700

I've built wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13 for Solaris 2.5, and ckonfig tells me I
need /etc/ftpaccess, etc/ftpconversions, (etc.).  I copied my existing
/usr/local/etc/ftpaccess (from 2.4) to /etc/ftpaccess (along with 
ftpconversions, ftpusers, ftpgroups) yet the new ftpd doesn't appear to
be reading /etc/ftpaccess (welcome.msg isn't displayed, etc.).

Also, if I want to retain and use instead the path /usr/local/etc, where 
would I do this in the source?  

thanks.
--Rob

-- 
Rob Lingelbach          |  2660 Hollyridge Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90068
[email-masked]  	| "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog or 
[email-masked]		|  cat are not the better for it."  --Abraham Lincoln
[email-masked]		KB6CUN   http://www.alegria.com

---

From: Minsung Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 21:04:53 -0700

> be reading /etc/ftpaccess (welcome.msg isn't displayed, etc.).

Did you give an '-a' option to ftpd?  Without it wu-ftpd won't read
ftpaccess
file.

> would I do this in the source?

I'm not sure about that because I don't have the source in hand right
now,
but I think it was src/pathnames.h

> thanks.

You're welcome. :-)

> --Rob

Regards,
-- 
Stair

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Kim, Minsung (Stair in Cyberland)      <mailto:[email-masked]>