Subject: Just for fun... ;-)

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 23:46:18 -0500 (CDT)

Just being the curious type I decided to profile the membership of the
WU-FTPD mailing list.  I had the tool to do so lying around so I generated
the following.  This has no importance _what so ever_ but I thought it might
be fun just to see how the members were scattered around the globe.
This is not totally accurate count-wise because some of the addresses are 
exploders, but what the heck.
 
#
#  The following is a break down of the numbers and nationality
#  of the members of the [email-masked] mailing list.
#
#    Internet                              Individual         Unique
#     Domain                                Members            Sites
#========================================================================
(com) US Commercial Sites                     330               318
(edu) US Educational                          151               147
(gov) US Government                            33                33
(int) International Organization                1                 1
(mil) US Military                              14                14
(net) US Network                               95                94
(org) US Non-Profit Organizations              20                20
(ar)  Argentina                                 1                 1
(at)  Austria                                   8                 8
(au)  Australian                               22                22
(be)  Belgium                                   2                 2
(bm)  Bermuda                                   1                 1
(bg)  Bulgaria                                  1                 1
(br)  Brazil                                   10                10
(ca)  Canada                                   46                45
(ch)  Switzerland                               8                 8
(cl)  Chile                                     3                 3
(cn)  China                                     7                 7
(cz)  Czech Republic                            1                 1
(de)  Germany                                  66                64
(dk)  Denmark                                   8                 8
(es)  Spain                                    10                10
(fi)  Finland                                   4                 4
(fr)  France                                   27                26
(gr)  Greece                                    3                 3
(jp)  Japan                                    44                43
(hk)  Hong Kong                                 1                 1
(hr)  Croatia                                   1                 1
(hu)  Hungary                                   5                 5
(id)  Indonesia                                 1                 1
(ie)  Ireland                                   1                 1
(il)  Israel                                    6                 6
(is)  Iceland                                   3                 3
(it)  Italy                                    17                17
(kr)  Korea (South)                             5                 5
(lu)  Luxembourg                                1                 1
(mx)  Mexico                                    5                 3
(my)  Malaysia                                  3                 2
(nl)  Netherlands                              11                11
(no)  Norway                                    4                 4
(ph)  Philippines                               1                 1
(pl)  Poland                                    4                 4
(pt)  Portugal                                  5                 4
(ru)  Russian Federation                        4                 4
(se)  Swedish                                  17                16
(sg)  Singapore                                 6                 5
(si)  Slovenia                                  2                 2
(sk)  Slovak Republic                           1                 1
(su)  Soviet Union                              2                 2
(th)  Thailand                                  2                 2
(tr)  Turkey                                    2                 2
(tw)  Taiwan                                    2                 2
(ua)  Ukraine                                   3                 3
(uk)  United Kingdom                           35                33
(us)  US Domain                                 7                 7
(yu)  Yugoslavia                                1                 1
(za)  South Africa                              6                 6
(??)  Questionable Members                      0                 0

Unknown Sites                                   0                 0

[email-masked] Totals:                    1080              1050

Total US Members:            650
Total non-US Members:        430

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
The Landfield Group                   FAX:   1-817-545-7650             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked].
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/