Subject: chroot directory

From: "Jeff Palbicki" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jun 1997 15:29:50 -0700

Dear admins,

I have setup group access using the guest-howto note, but I still end up 
with the guest user logging in with
his root directory not being "/". It still points to his real path 
"/ftp/home/user" when I do a pwd after logging in. The user also can cd 
to the real root "/". Help what am I doing wrong!!!. He does not appear 
to chrooted properly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Jeff [email-masked]
213-742-3210

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:35:20 -0500 (CDT)

guest setup is a bit meticulous; one missed detail and it won't work. 

* check that -a is on the wu-ftpd line in /etc/inetd.conf

* check that the group the user is in the /etc/ftpaccess 'guestgroup'

   -- Michael