Subject: WU-FTPD Suggestions page

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 20:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

In the past, suggestions have been made on the list about enhancements that
would be nice to have and quite often that was the end of it.  If someone 
came along later with the same idea, there was no way to see if the same 
suggestion had been made before without searching the mailing list archives. 
When it was time to think about what to put in a newer release, some good
suggestions may have been long forgotten.

After a question on the list concerning an enhancement suggestion I created 
a Suggestions page at

    http://www.landfield.com/cgi-bin/wusuggest

so that people can post ideas for future enhancements.  (It is also available
from the Resource Center menus.)  The Suggestions page is meant as a place 
where suggestions can be recorded for all to see. It is hoped that with this 
facility we can see what people want/need to improve their WU-FTPD 
installations.  Suggestions entered here are *not* forwarded directly to Stan.
He has more than enough to do just getting the next release out.  This page is 
only meant to supply him with ideas for future versions.  Suggestions entered
here will be available to be read when it's appropriate in the release cycle.

There is *no* commitment that any one suggestion will get into the baseline.  
The intent of the page is to act as a central place for posting suggestions.  
When new releases are made available, I'll check the posted suggestions
against new features or fixes. Any suggestions incorporated into the baseline 
will be removed from the list. 

On another note, I'm happy to see Stan's new page.  I've updated the 
"Latest Version" links on the Resource Center to point to Stan's page at 

	http://www.academ.com/academ/wu-ftpd/ 

---
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
The Landfield Group                   FAX:   1-817-545-7650             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked].
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/