Subject: Linux and logs

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 01:20:32 -0400 (EDT)

Running Linux 2.0.28 with wuftpd beta 12
 
    Why are *NO* logs showing up in /var/log/xferlog?
 
    Thanks.

    Homer

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     News, Web, Telnet      Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959         E-mail, FTP, Shell     Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]    [email-masked]     http://www.lightlink.com

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 08:40:52 -0500 (CDT)

Do you have logging enabled in /etc/ftpaccess?  Is your compile time log
configuration set right?  (~src/config/config.lnx,~src/pathnames.h)

   -- Michael

---

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

Yes and yes.

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

>     Why are *NO* logs showing up in /var/log/xferlog?

Did you tell ftpd to use the ftpaccess file at all?

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/wu.ftpd
-laiou022

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  
________Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key_______