Subject: Anon FTP with alternate account?

From: Robert Glover <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:34:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I want to make an FTP-ONLY account on my system, with a username such
as "user"..... I want this account to act like an anonymous account, only
being able to have access to its home directory and the subdirectories in
there... nothing below the home directory... For the life of me I cannot
find a way. can someone please give me directions or  point me towards a
FAQ that contains such information?? thanks.

BTW, I am running WU-FTPD ACADEM beta13, and running on intel linux.

					-Rob

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:00:20 -0500 (CDT)

guest ftp.  See below.

   -- Michael

> FAQ that contains such information?? thanks.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.