Subject: make errors

From: Chris Strong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 19:38:45 -0400

I am using gcc 2.7.2.1 to compile wu-ftpd 2.4.1 on Solaris 2.51.  In
using the supplied makefiles, edited the sol ones for gcc, and I'm
getting the following error:

Making ftpd.
gcc -g -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -I/opt/GCC2721/include -L../support 
-c  ftpd.c
ftpd.c: In function `statcmd':
ftpd.c:1972: `typenames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1972: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpd.c:1972: for each function it appears in.)
ftpd.c:1974: `formnames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1982: `strunames' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1982: `modenames' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd.o'

The missing variable names are declared in ftpcmd.y.  I
/usr/ccs/bin/yacc'd ftpcmd.y into .c and compiled it to .o.  I'm out of
ideas to get the core ftpd built.  I've looked across wustl's site and
various other sites at FAQ sheets for an answer and I'm at a loss.  Any
help is appreciated.

Chris Strong
IS Administrator
ON Technology/Davinci Systems
[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Leffingwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 20:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	I've been running beta 10 for quite awhile now with no problems,
until a few days ago.  If you type ls, you can what you'd expect. 
However, ls -l, or dir always return an empty directory listing.  It
happens for all users in all classes, anonymous, real, etc.  The ftp
client doesn't matter, I've tried dozens on various OSs.  I haven't made
any changes to anything in the past few months.  Normally I'd just upgrade
to beta-13, but if this worked before, it should continue.  I also have a
couple of patches on it that I haven't gotten around to applying to beta
13 either.  They have been this way for a long time, and shouldn't affect
anything (one adds ident support, the other prevents logins on
administratively locked accounts in Digital UNIX). 

Thanks,

Tom

---

From: "Paul S. Bentivegna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Make sure that you have all the anonymous /usr/lib files.  I had the same
problem.
HTH

Paul

/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\
- Paul S. Bentivegna -- Road Runner Network Engineer          |
\ Time Warner Communications -- Columbus, OH                  /
| Web:      http://www.twcol.com   or http://columbus.rr.com  -
/ E-Mail:   [email-masked]                                    \
- FTP:      ftp.twcol.com/incoming                            |
\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/