Subject: Restricting real users access

From: Tim Finkenstadt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:51:26 -0400 (EDT)

Good afternoon,

I know that I can restrict guest users to a specific part of my directory
tree.  What I would like to do is restrict 'real' users to their own
file areas without access to any of the system files (/etc, /usr, etc).

Is there a way to do this easily?  There will be no anonymous user on this
particular server.

All help is appreciated.

TIA,

tim

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:11:26 -0500 (CDT)

You just described guest users.

   -- Michael

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Tim Finkenstadt wrote:

> What I would like to do is restrict 'real' users to their own file areas
> without access to any of the system files (/etc, /usr, etc).