Subject: ftpck 1.11 now available

From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:31:38 -0500 (CDT)

A new version of ftpck has been put up.  It is available from the
Resource Center off the Tools page or from

	www://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/ftpck/
	ftp://ftp.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/ftpck/

What's new in ftpck.1.11 ?
---------------------------
- Compiles in only what features you have specified in your config.h file.

- The man page ftpck.1 has been added.

- You can now specify the modes to check for on the configuration files to 
  better allow ftpck to fit into your local security/administrative policy.  
  Please be aware that the modes supplied as defaults are what is recommended 
  for the various WU-FTPD configuration and log files.

- Checking 'alias' and 'cdpath' directives more flexible.
  
  Checking 'alias' and 'cdpath' directives needs a little explaining here. 
  The problem is one of perspective. If you put aliases in your ftpaccess 
  file then the problem arises as to who gets to use them.  Aliases need to 
  be relative to the root structure the user logs in as.  If you login as a 
  real user then the path is a real path relative to your '/' directory.
  If you login as an anonymous user the path is based from the chrooted 
  environment.  

  Many sites have aliases and cdpath directives setup that are only usable 
  by one of the types of users (real or anonymous/virtual).  While maybe 
  not quite completely correct, there is no problem having aliases and cdpath 
  entries that are not usable by all users. 

  If you wish to assure aliases and cdpaths usable in all ftp directories,
  the alias and cdpath directives must be pathed so they are available to 
  real as well as anonymous/virtual users.  

  This version allows you to specify how you want to deal with checking of
  alias and cdpath directories much better.

- Some messages have been corrected (Warning instead of Error) 

- Other minor clean up.
--------

I am still waiting to hear about portability problems.  (So far only 
two minor items has been reported.)  With over a 120 separate copies 
retrieved in June alone, I was sort of expecting more feedback. Or did 
I just get lucky ? ;-) Naaaah.

-- 
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502             
The Landfield Group                   FAX:   1-817-545-7650             
Email: [email-masked]             http://www.landfield.com/
Please send comp.sources.misc related mail to [email-masked].
Search the Usenet Hypertext FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/