Subject: Re: Linux and logs

From: Scott Callaway <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 01:05:30 -0700

At 01:20 AM 6/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
>    Running Linux 2.0.28 with wuftpd beta 12
> 
>    Why are *NO* logs showing up in /var/log/xferlog?

In RedHat Linux, I had to add the following line to the 
 /etc/syslog.conf file:

ftp.*                            /var/log/xferlog

If you don't do this, I think the logging goes into the 
 /var/log/messages file.

Hope this helps,

-- Scott C.
______________________________________________________________________
  Scott Callaway         [email-masked]          619-231-2600
  Digigami Inc.,   624 Broadway  Suite 200,   San Diego,    CA.  92101
 1:1000               <http://www.digigami.com>
______________________________________________________________________