Subject: AIX permission problems

From: Mark Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 11:04:46 +0100

Hi everyone.  I have a solutions (thank you Joe Matusiewicz) so thought I'd
summarise here.  I'll file these changes for a future update of wu-ftp along
with the code changes I had to make to compile the sucker successfully under
AIX.

In addition to all the other installation requirements, on an AIX box, the
following libraries need to be copied from /usr/lib to ~ftp/lib:
        libc.a (for ls)
        libbsd.a, libcurses.a, libs.a (for compress/gzip/tar)

Once these are installed, the external binaries work just fine.

The 'pwd' problem was just file permission irregularities (do I feel
sheepish). Unfortunately, the only response you get from AIX in this case is
that it failed with _maybe_ some strange character returned.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Cheers,
Mark
|   /               \|/     VISION* Solutions
|  / . __  . _   _  /|\     Yorktown House, 8 Frimley Road
| / / /_  / / \ / \         Camberley, Surrey  V: +44-1276-677707
|/ / __/ /  \_//  /         GU15 3HS, UK       F: +44-1276-676567