Subject: Re: DAMN IT! REMOVE THE REPLY-TO!!

From: Sara Hopkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 15:25:41 +0100

At 08:53 06/06/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>I sent a request last night to the postmaster asking that they remove the
>Reply-To: redirect that was part of the list.  (I included some of the
>more colorful messages. ;-)) I suspect that others did so as well.  Mark's
>initial message went to the list owner. Well it looks as if they have
>done so.  This is really more of a test than anything else.  If your mail
>reader allows you to take a look at the headers, do so and see if the 
>Reply-To: is set back at the list.

A short section of headers:

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:53:28 -0500 (CDT)
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]
From: Kent Landfield <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: DAMN IT! REMOVE THE REPLY-TO!!

Alas it appears that the Reply-To: is still set to the list ...

Sara

---

From: Bill Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:18:20 -0700

See http://www.unicom.com/FAQ/reply-to-harmful.html

I use the mutt mailer which asks if I want to accept the Reply-To: or
use the From: header.  This has saved my butt many times.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [email-masked]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
URL: http://www.celestial.com/

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.
		-- Will Rogers