Subject: [Q]: Default transfer mode/auto-sense of remote host type...

From: Marcus Eric Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 15:26:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, all!

Could someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a FAQ, README,
or some other source so I can get instruction on how to resolve this
problem:

	When a user logs in, I want the server to automatically do two
	things:

	. Automatically set the file transfer mode to 'binary'
	. Auto-sense the system type of the remote host 

I'm sure most of us recognize these familiar responses from the
wu-ftpd server upon a successful anonymous login:

	.
	.
	.
	230  Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
	Remote system type is UNIX.
	Using binary mode to transfer files.
	ftp>

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Marcus E. Harris

--- 
Marcus E. Harris                   Software Developer/Process Engineer
Lucent Technologies -- Bell Labs   Work Phone:  919.380.4555
2000 Regency Park                  Facsimile :  919.380.4640
Suite #500                         E-Mail: [email-masked] (or)
Cary, North Carolina 27511                 [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T-1, over the leased line,
 off the bridge, past the firewall ... nothin' but Net."