Subject: Virtual anonymous FTP question

From: Aaron Holtz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:20:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.  I'm having probably the opposite trouble that most have with
virtual FTP - I need to disable anonymous FTP for just one virtual.
I have a few virtual FTP sites running on a server and they all answer for
anonymous FTP, but one of the customers does not wish this to be the case.
What is the easiest way to just "flip the switch" for denying anonymous
FTP access to a virtual server?  It appears that if the user 'ftp' is in
/etc/passwd, then it attempts to do the anonymous login.  The virtual ftp
directory that I have setup for this site has the normal bin, dev, etc,
and usr directories in them - can removing some of those entries stop the
anonymous access?  This is running 2.4 beta 13 under Solaris 2.5.1 
Thanks for the assistance.

							--Aaron

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron Holtz
First Network Group    "The First Name in Internetworking"
Manager, UNIX Systems Admin
Email:  [email-masked]
"...perhaps because it is very difficult, even with sensitive laboratory
 instruments, to distinguish one rap song from another."  -DB
---------------------------------------------------------------------