Subject: incoming woes

From: Vomitron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:54:10 -0400 (EDT)

(breathes deeply)

We have an incoming dir on our ftp server, that is mode root/root 1733.

Here are the relevant lines from ftpaccess:

upload /home/ftp * no
upload /ftp /ftp/incoming yes ftp users 0644 nodirs

Now,

We also have hacked ftpd.c to do a chroot to /home so no one can get to
real dirs (/, /etc, /tmp, etc) for security reasons.

With this setup, anon users cannot see whats in incoming, and they cannot
make dirs.  real users on the machine cannot see via 'ls' either (BOFH)
but they _can_ make dirs. :(

Any ideas ??  Need more info ?

TIA

--
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  (   [email-masked]  "The matrix folds itself around me like an origami
 ) \                      trick...And the room smells of sweat and burning
( ( )                     circuitry."  - William Gibson, "Burning Chrome"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -