Subject: Quota support (magic cookies) for wu-ftpd [PATCH]

From: Eilon Gishri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 00:57:40 +0300

The README file:

  This patch adds the ability to show the user's current quota using magic
cookies.  The user's quota is read from the file system where the user's
home directory resides.

  It was tested both on AIX 3.2.5 and AIX 4.1.4. I've also added hooks for
the following operation systems: Irix, SunOS, Digital Unix and BSD/OS. If
you want to play with it on your system, check your system manuals for the
system call quotactl(2) and it's relevant includes files. 

Here are the magic cookies:

%B	absolute limit on disk blks alloc.
%b	preferred limit on disk blks.
%Q	current block count.
%I	maximum # allocated inodes + 1.
%i	preferred inode limit.
%q	current # allocated inodes.
%H	time limit for excessive disk use.
%h	time limit for excessive files.

i.e. to get the following output:

230-Disk quotas for user eilon
230-  Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit grace
230-    /home     10300    10000   11000  6.2 days   20      0       0
230-

Create the following message:

Disk quotas for user %U
  Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
    /home     %Q    %b   %B  %H   %q      %i       %I      %h

The patch can be found at ftp://ftp.tau.ac.il/pub/users/eilon/wu-ftpd/

-- 
		Eilon Gishri, Tel-Aviv University Computation Center
		Home 03-5078671 /* on a matter of national security */
		E-mail: [email-masked]