Subject: Initial problems

From: "Vu Q. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

First of all, is there a FAQ for wu-ftpd.  I have just compiled and installed
wu-ftpd, but I have a few problems.  These may seem simple to the
rest of you so a FAQ may be more of what I need.  However, here at my questions/
problems.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1.)  Where do I place the welcome.msg file which is the message banner.
	I've tried in ~ftp as well as ~ftp/etc.  Do I even have the
	right filename?

2.)  ls works, but 'ls -l' does not.  Any ideas here?  Also, my system
	does not have 'dir' so I just created a script called 'dir'
	and placed it in ~ftp/bin.  The script is simple
	#!/bin/sh
	ls -l

	However, it doesn't work. I think this is related to the 'ls -l'
	problem I have.

3.)  At the moment, only 'ftp' and 'anonymous' can log in. Any other user
	on the system cannot.  What am I doing wrong here?

Again, any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Vu