Subject: Help with chroot

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:34:41 -0600 (MDT)

I'm setting up a guest account per the 'howto' instructions but I'm having
problems with the chroot part.  Here's an example of the line in
/etc/passwd:

	test-guest:*:16:700:Restricted guest 
	account:/usr/ftp/pub/30min/./:/etc/ftponly
                                 ^^^^

When I log in I'm correctly located at /usr/ftp/pub/30min, BUT, I'm able
to cd all the way up to the root of the system!!!!  What am I doing wrong,
I shouldn't be able to cd up at all?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jil
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jil Godesiabois				Systems Administrator			
NOAA/ERL/FSL/DD				[email-masked]
R/E/FS3
325 Broadway				Phone:  303-497-5635
Boulder, CO 80303			FAX:	303-497-6014

---

From: Rafael Vilarino Kuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 22:01:38 -0300

> Thanks for any suggestions.

Maybe, you don't link /usr, /lib, /etc and /bin directories.

-- 
##############################################
## Rafael Vilarino Kuhn                     ##
## [email-masked]                       ##
## Gaucho por tradicao, Gremista de coracao ##
##############################################