Subject: refused PORT errors

From: Michael Paull <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:18:54 -0300 (EDT)

I am getting my syslogs full of lines like this:

May  1 19:05:46 woodstock ftpd[22854]: refused PORT 0,20193 from
ppp11-13.dllstx.onramp.net

I believe the sender said they were useing a fxp application, something
that was being controlled from their modem, but transfering between two
remote machines.  I never had the problem with older versions, I am now
running beta #13.

Any help much appericated.

Michael.

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 20:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

Salut A Vous, O Grand Manitou Michael Paull !!

> ppp11-13.dllstx.onramp.net
...
> I never had the problem with older versions, I am now running beta #13.
> 

since the fix by Hobbit in the betas

Port directive will be refused if they don't come
from the same IP address, I've posted something on the subject
2 weeks ago check the archive(look for PORT in the subject.

The archive can be found on Mr Landfield ressource page

-- 
au revoir, alain
----
Aussi haut que l'on soit assis, on est toujours assis que sur son cul !!!