Subject: SGI IRIX 5.3 and 6.2

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 12:39:40 -0700

Hi wu-ftpd people:

	I noticed that the README for wu-ftpd 2.4 says that it can build sgi
for IRIX 4.0.5.  Does anyone know if this also works for 5.3 and 6.2?

Mona Wong

-- 
===============================================================
Mona Wong, Programmer & Web Administrator
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://www-ncmir.ucsd.edu
===============================================================

---

From: Bob DeBula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

> for IRIX 4.0.5.  Does anyone know if this also works for 5.3 and 6.2?

I've got wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-13] built on an SGI Indigo R4000 running
Irix 5.3, so yes, it works.

---

From: Andrew Neely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:38:56 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings and sorry for the interruption,

The CERT advisory refers everyone to ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/,
but the directory has no read privileges. I would suspect that a specific
path needs to be specified, but none was provided in the advisory. Can
you provide this specific path/filename to me (and probably to CERT?)?

Also, you mention BETA-13 below... is it released?

Thank you much.

-Andy.
frii.net

---

From: Bob DeBula <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:04:57 -0400 (EDT)

>From the previous announcement by Stan Barber:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BETA 13 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:
 
Solaris 2.4 Sparc and x86, SunOS 4.1.4, FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE, BSD/OS 1.1, 
BSD/OS 2.1, Unixware 2.1, SCO Open Server 5, Linux 1.3.39 and 2.0.0.
 
I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.
 
If hardware companies wish to donate equipment running their proprietary
UNIX derivatives to me for doing maintenance work on this and the other
packages I maintain (NNTP, RN, etc), please contact me directly to discuss.
 
If software companies that sell UNIX derivatives I don't to which I don't
have access wish to donain copies of their UNIX derivative to me for the
purposes of doing maintenace work on this and the other packages I maintain,
please contact me directly to discuss.
 
Finally, both The AUS-CERT and the CERT/CC have continued to provide me
with feedback on the security issues with this software. 
 
This is another release candidate. 
 
The location is: 
        ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z
 
NOTE: This directory is protected. Attempts to use a directory listing 
command will fail.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------