Subject: On-the-fly items not working

From: Peter Greis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 10:01:59 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings.

I have been trying to get the 'academ' release working... regular
'gets' work just fine, but the auto-compress and auto-tar are
not. When the file arrives, it has a size of zero. The daemon
reports that it is using '/bin/compress' (and the site-exec portion
was set to '/bin/' on build). This is simply driving me nuts...

Does anyone have an easy way to debug this?

TIA,

-peter

(using SunOS 5.5.1, if it matters).

===================================================================
Peter Greis           [email-masked]       [email-masked]
Toolsmyth
The MathWorks, Inc.                   <NeXT & MIME mail accepted>
N1YDE                                 Registered Be Developer
                 "Hakuna Matata" - The Lion King
===================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 16:26:01 +0200 (MET DST)

> was set to '/bin/' on build). This is simply driving me nuts...

Read the faq. Please. Now. You just created a security hole by setting
the site-exec dir to /bin/.

The faq is at

http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

									 Koos van den Hout

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey      Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/   Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Microsoft thinks "open systems" means they can leave out security.