Subject: HP-UX 9 wu-ftpd beta 12 & 13 compile problems

From: Boyd Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 09:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

After seeing the CERT notification saying to upgrade to wu-ftpd beta 12
I decided to download and compile it.  I compiled beta 11 with no
problems.  Beta 12 and 13 go through some new procedures that use yacc
(had to move bison onto the system and ln -s yacc bison and had to add
-Dconst="" as is typical on HP) and I'm getting errors I haven't been
able to figure out yet.  I can't find the mv command that moves
non-existant file y.tab.c, and where is y.tab.c created?  Are the
subsequent errors a result of previous ones?  Can someone help please?
I am running bundled CC on hp-ux 9.07.  Errors are listed at bottom.

Thanks,

Boyd

...
Linking Makefiles.
Makefile already present in root directory
Makefile already present in src directory
config.h already present in src directory
Makefile already present in support directory

Making support library.
        rm -f libsupport.a
        ar cq libsupport.a fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o vsnprintf.o
        touch libsupport.a

Making ftpd.
        yacc  ftpcmd.y
        mv y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
mv: y.tab.c: cannot access: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Making ftpcount.
        cc -Dconst="" -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support
-L../support -o ftpcount ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport -lc -lPW
cc: "ftpcount.c", line 239: error 1000: Unexpected symbol:
"<END_OF_FILE>".
cc: error 2011: End of file encountered while attempting repair.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Making ftpshut.
        cc -Dconst="" -Dunix -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support
-L../support -o ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport -lc -lPW
/bin/ld: Can't open vers.o
/bin/ld: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

-- 
=Boyd Johnson [email-masked]  Rockwell Semiconductor Sys., San Diego, Ca.=