Subject: Re: idle timeout

From: Trent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 02:19:58 -0500 (CDT)

Thank you very much.  The man page for inetd seemed to imply that it
needed the "max" suffix.  It put it in quotes.  But I think this
definately fixed the problem I was having and I'm glad I don't have to hup
inetd every min (from crontab) any more because thatwas a very bad fix.
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with linux... :)  Thanks again to all
those that helped.

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Dan Foster wrote:

> Hot Diggety! Trent was rumored to have said...
> > Well, unfortunately I'm running linux and the inetd that's installed here
> > (I'm assuming it to be current -- where can I get latest) doesn't allow
> > the -r option (only -d).  I also read the man page and attempted to edit
> > inetd.conf and hup it.  I tried both changing nowait to nowait.max120 and
> > nowait.max 120 - both were unsuccessful and would refuseall connections.
> > If anyone could give me a little more help I'd appreciate it :)  Thanks
> > again.
> 
> What about nowait.120? I think that's what you were looking for - ie
> 'max' isn't a keyword, but rather, a number that you substitute whereever
> you see the 'max' parameter mentioned. Then after making change, do a
> killall -HUP inetd for it to take effect on *cough* *cough* Linux *cough* 
> machine. There, I said it. ;-)
> 
> -Dan "who needs more cough medicine" Foster
> Internet: [email-masked]
>