Subject: Timeout on real users

From: Gael MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 13:10:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all

I'm actually on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 (all recent patches from Sun ok),
with wuftpd beta 13.

I have some troubles with this last one.

first is when I do a ftpwho

   -  10 users ( -1 maximum)

second again on ftpwho, when real users connect to send stuffs on their
homes, some of them never disconnect, they appear few days after in
ftpwho. 

#date
Thu May  8 13:05:14 MET DST 1997
#ftpwho
Service class remote: 
user1   26721  0.0  0.1 2272 1064 ?        S   May 06  0:01 ftpd:
pppXXX.neuilly.club-internet.fr: user1: STOR xwing.004
user2      7037  0.0  0.1 2280 1064 ?        S   May 06  0:00 ftpd:
pppXXX.neuilly.club-internet.fr: user2: STOR AMARANTINIS.gif
user1    4824  0.0  0.1 2272 1088 ?        S   May 07  0:00 ftpd:
xxxx.xxx.xx : user1: STOR hbd-xw09.zip

users are connected by dialup acces, user1 is the same from two
differents addresses. I m sure he disconnected between the two
upload. The connection for the ftpd seems eternal =(

I added -t 600 in inetd.conf for the ftpd.

Have you one solution or one way to investigate.

Gael
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Gael MARTINEZ                                E-Mail:[email-masked]
Grolier Interactive Europe
Responsable Exploitation Centre Serveur

Tel: +33 1 41 43 98 53                       
Fax: +33 1 47 45 99 30