Subject: Please help. wu-ftp will not compile

From: Vincent Stemen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:31:04 -0600

Hi.

I cannot get wu-ftpd-2.4-fixed to compile under Linux.  I get the
following error.

Making ftpd.
gcc -O2 -I.. -I../support -I/usr/include/bsd -I/usr/include/netinet -L../support   -c glob.c -o glob.o
glob.c: In function `matchdir':
glob.c:240: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [glob.o] Error 1
----

Line 240 says
	if (fstat(dirp->dd_fd, &stb) < 0)
		goto patherr1;

This seems to be the correct parameters to fstat based on the
prototype in the header files.  I ran "build lnx".  

I am running linux kernel 2.0.20 on an Intel machine.
gcc-2.7.2.1
libc-5.4.23

I can compile other major packages like the kernal and xemacs without
problems so I don't guess it is a problem with my development
environment.

I have not installed shadow password on my machine yet.  I wanted to
get the rest of the packages ready for it first.  Could that have
anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance.
- Vincent