Subject: dir listing

From: iqbal gandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 10:48:03 +0100

Hi

I think I posted something similar to this before, but unfortunaltly
none of the responses worked.

My dir is /usr/a/b/c/./d

Now users can cd .. to /usr/a/b/c/

I don't want users to be able to list the contents in taht directory.
I tried changing the permissions, but certain FTP programs especially
the MAC ones like Fetch had problems , because they couldn't derivethe
full path.

Any Ideas how to prevent people from seeing the contents.

Iqbal

---

From: Oliver Stoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 12:34:20 +0200

> none of the responses worked.

/a/b/c/d/./d :)

Oliver

-- 
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ O l i v e r _/_/_/ S t o l l _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/ Network Manager	     	                       	              _/
_/ Cinetic GmbH			      Please send private e-mail to:  _/
_/ [email-masked]  				                      _/
_/ Tel: +49 (721) 94329-0			[email-masked]  _/
_/ Fax: +49 (721) 94329-22					      _/
_/                                                                    _/
_/ Holmes: Once you've eliminated the obvious, the remainder, however _/
_/         improbable, must be the truth.                             _/
_/ Oliver: The highest probability to a quick solution is always given_/
_/         by applying the most improbable possibility first.         _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/