Subject: Multiple guestgroup configurations?

From: [email-masked] (Scott Murdock)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 17:16:27 -0500

I've spent the last two days pouring through newsgroups, FAQs, online
tutorials, and the archives of this mailing list, and I haven't been able
to find the solution to my problem.  :(

I currently have a group of FTP users that are "guestgrouped" for two reasons:
        - to disable their ability to delete any files anywhere
        - to restrict them to their home directories.

I now need to create a new group of FTP users who are still restricted to
their home directories but CAN delete files.

If I guestgroup these users, they get restricted by the same "no delete"
configuration in ftpaccess that prevents my first group of users from
deleting files.   But if I don't guestgroup these users, they don't get
chrooted.   How can I make two guestgrouped groups that are treated
differently?

Help!

        - Scott-

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 18:02:08 -0500 (CDT)

Can you control this by file ownership/permissions in those directories?

   -- Michael