Subject: Limiting Anon access, unlimiting Regular

From: "Dave A. Flanigan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:30:03 -0400

I am trying to limit the number of Anonymous users that can connect to a
server, but not limit in any way those who are not logging in anonymous.
How is this done?

	I am trying to do it through the ftpaccess file, but it dosn't seem to
work. I am getting an error now that says, "cannot stat private access file
/etc/ftpgroups: No such file or directory". What is the format of the
ftpgroups file? I tried modeling it after the groups file, but no go.

	Dave

---

From: Bill Pemberton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:46:49 -0400 (EDT)

> server, but not limit in any way those who are not logging in anonymous.

You can do it with ftpaccess.  Here's an example of how I do it:

class   inpasswd real *
class   remote  guest,anonymous *

limit   remote  4 

This limits the remote users to 4 while real users have no such
limit....

-- 
Bill Pemberton                                 [email-masked]
ITC/Unix Systems                               [email-masked]
University of Virginia                         uunet!virginia!wfp5p