Subject: Re: 2.4 and 2.4 academ

From: "Mike Horwath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:14:46 -0500

I am looking for the archive for 2.4 academ myself, could someone
point me to it or show me where the FAQ lies?

--
Mike Horwath    IRC: Drechsau    LIFE: Lover     [email-masked]
Visi:  [email-masked]                            [email-masked]
Twin Cities area Internet Access:  612-288-0880 for more info
The founding member of Minn. Coalition for Internet Accessibility

---

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 13:22:12 -0700

> point me to it or show me where the FAQ lies?

	I found it @ ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/

Mona

-- 
===============================================================
Mona Wong, Programmer & Web Administrator
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://www-ncmir.ucsd.edu
===============================================================

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:31:20 -0500 (CDT)

> point me to it or show me where the FAQ lies?

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd Resource Center:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/
wu-ftpd list archive:     http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.

---

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:23:11 -0700

> ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

	I've not been able to gunzip or zcat this file.  It gives me:

gunzip: wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z: corrupt input. Use zcat to recover some
data.

Is there something wrong with it?

Mona

---

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:35:06 -0700

> Is there something wrong with it?

	Never mind, I should have used ftp instead of netscape.  I've got the
files now.

Mona

---

From: "Mike Horwath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:35:50 -0500

On May 29,  4:34pm, Mona Wong supposedly wrote the following:
> Subject: Re: 2.4 and 2.4 academ
>

Nope, nothing wrong.

Did you transfer it in binary mode? :)

---

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:36:39 -0700

Hi wu-ftp users:

	I am trying to compile wu-ftp 2.4 beta 13 on SunOS 4.1.4, I tried
./build CC=gcc s41 and got:

gcc -g  -c snprintf.c
snprintf.c:90: parse error before `size_t'
snprintf.c: In function `snprintf':

	What is the problem?

Mona

---

From: "Mona Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:44:38 -0700

> snprintf.c: In function `snprintf':

	I fixed it; snprintf.c needed to include sys/stdtypes.h.

Mona

---

From: Bob DeBula <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:12:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there something wrong with it?

At least current versions gzip are supposed to decompress files
compressed with "compress" (ala "uncompress"), but you might want to
run "uncompress" on it to make sure and then if it decompresses OK, run
"tar" extract on it. As someone else suggested, you might double-check
that you FTPed it as a binary.