Subject: Re: Request for Assistance

From: [email-masked] (Ken Hall)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 13:36:42 PDT

Goeff:

Thanks very much for your reply.  I don't have much time right now, I'm
off for 2 days of PostScript school, but:

	- Binaries are created.
	- When I execute ftpd it runs for 30 sec or so then aborts,
	  and there is no core file in root.
	- I have tried the suggestions offered by others that replied
	  without result.

If you have any further suggestions I would apprecite them very much.

Regards,
/Ken

PS:  I'll check my mail at least once in the next 2 days.

---

From: Matthew Emmerton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 18:07:26 -0400 (EDT)

> 	  and there is no core file in root.

If wu-ftpd actually aborts (ie SIGABRT) there needs to be a core file,
but may not be stored in root.  Try the directory where the binary is,
/etc, and /tmp.  Maybe do a 'find / -name core -print'.

Also, is the 30 seconds a fixed amount (ie aborts after 30 seconds all the
time) or does it vary?  It may well be some type of wierd configuration on
socket timeouts, or the first connection to the ftp port.

Matt

-- 
[email-masked]
University of Waterloo - 1B Computer Science
GSI Computer Services - President

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Brown)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:58:59 -0700 (PDT)

> /etc, and /tmp.  Maybe do a 'find / -name core -print'.

If this is on an anonymous connection and the chroot'd home dir is
dr-xr-xr-x, wu.ftpd probably can't dump core as it should.

Chris...