Subject: Multihoming problems

From: Matthew Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 97 16:45:44 -0800

I'm running wu-ftpd 2.4 under AIX 4.1.4.1. I'm encountering problems with 
the daemon accepting connections to multihomed IP addresses. I have 
several IP addresses attached to the ethernet interface. All addresses 
work just fine with every service except FTP (only using wu-ftpd). No 
connection is ever made unless the primary IP address is used. It seems 
that wu-ftpd is not binding to all addresses, just the primary address 
for the machine.

Any suggestions?

Matt

---

From: [email-masked] (Jay Schuster)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:18:57 -0400 (EDT)

Matthew Shafer writes:
> several IP addresses attached to the ethernet interface.

If you don't get anywhere, I have heard on another list that AIX works
better if you put the IP aliases in for the local interface instead of
the ethernet interface.  You then need to finagle routing.  We had to
do this to get around the fact that bootp clients expected responses
from the IP address they sent to (an alias), but the server was sending
using the primary interface address.

-- Jay
-- 
Jay Schuster <[email-masked]>
The People's Computer Company	`Revolutionary Programming'