Subject: Re: Multiple guestgroup configurations?

From: [email-masked] (Scott Murdock)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:59:31 -0500

Not that I can see in this instance.  Some of the users need to read and
write restricted to just their own directories, a higher tier of users
needs to be able to read and write to every directory (restricted to those
directories within  the FTP area of course), while this new tier of user
needs the same abilities/restrictions plus the ability to delete.

        -Scott-

>Can you control this by file ownership/permissions in those directories?
>
>   -- Michael
>
>On Tue, 20 May 1997, Scott Murdock wrote:
>
>> I now need to create a new group of FTP users who are still restricted to
>> their home directories but CAN delete files.
>>
>> If I guestgroup these users, they get restricted by the same "no delete"
>> configuration in ftpaccess that prevents my first group of users from
>> deleting files.   But if I don't guestgroup these users, they don't get
>> chrooted.   How can I make two guestgrouped groups that are treated
>> differently?