Subject: Re: OU's Kerberos 5 changes

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 5 Apr 1997 07:33:04 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]> writes:
>It would be possible to move this code into wu-ftpd; it would require
>pretty siginificant patches, though.  Is this something that Academ
>Consulting Services would be willing to see integrated during the 2.5
>development cycle?

We intend to revise the authentication sequence in 2.5, so consideration of
kerb5 is certainly something on the list.

However, I am very attracted to the "plug-in" approach to doing this. I have 
investigated some of these new mechanisms and like what I am seeing do far.

-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:00:12 -0500

Date: 5 Apr 1997 07:33:04 GMT
   From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)

   However, I am very attracted to the "plug-in" approach to doing
   this. I have investigated some of these new mechanisms and like what
   I am seeing do far.

Can you say more about the "plug-in" approach?  What sort of mechanisms
are you investigating?

							- Ted