Subject: IRIX 6.2 and xferlog times

From: [email-masked] (Greg Hankins)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

Folks, I can't figure out how to make the right times show up in
xferlog under IRIX 6.2.  I've copied /etc/TIMEZONE to the etc under
ftp but that doesn't help.  The FAQ doesn't mention IRIX at all.

Thanks for any help.
Greg

-- 
Greg Hankins ([email-masked])  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing, room 213
+1 404 894 6609                            |  Atlanta, GA 30332-0280 
<A HREF="http://www.cc.gatech.edu/staff/h/Greg.Hankins/">Greg Hankins</A>
finger [email-masked] for PGP key

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Brown)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

Under IRIX, you don't actually need timezone info in your chrooted
environment.  What you do need to do is change SPT_TYPE to SPT_NONE before
you compiled the server.  IRIX doesn't have the concept to setproctitle (at
least, not yet) so it causes garbled timezone info.

Chris...

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Hankins)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:33:24 -0400 (EDT)

>least, not yet) so it causes garbled timezone info.

Thanks Chris, that worked!

Regards,
Greg