Subject: Your static ls is broken/non-existent

From: Mark Bergstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:42:11 -0500 (CDT)

If anonymous works ok, if real users work ok (as predestined by the format
of your ftpaccess...correct path BTW?  You have run ./ckconfig YES? to check
for these things?), then your setup has a busted 'ls'.  On Solaris you can
run 'truss', on irix the following (since they are stored literals) works:
        strings -a bin/ls | grep \\.so
for the dynamically shared objects (for which, the right outcome is NIL).

On Linux, I don't know.  But let's not ignore the obvious:
Is your ftpusers correct and only listing the ones who CANNOT ftp?

Your Redhat ships with GNU c if I remember correctly.  Read Jeff Hanson's
comments on building a non-shared 'ls'.  The CFLAGS and LDFLAGS setup is
crucial.  Get the fileutils-3.16 and go to.

The most recent communiques won't be there, but I hope you know:

wu-ftpd list archive:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

Mark
____________________________________________________________________________
Cleitus: "Bring ME the bore worms."
Princess Aura:  NO! NO! NOT the BORE worms."
Cleitus: "Oh your grace, shall I stop the torture?"
Ming, after eating grape: "No."
____________________________________________________________________________