Subject: Re: Problem building in AIX

From: Dave Goldsmith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:29:51 -0700

Robert W. Krull wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>      I am having a problem building the wu-ftpd environment. I solved
> a complaint about vers.o being missing, but he following has me stumped.
> I have found the identifiers defined in src/ftpcmd.y file, however I don't
> see
> where it is being called anywhere. I am a relative novice in coding at this
> point
> and any help would be appreciated.
> 
> Making ftpd.
>         cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
> "ftpd.c", line 1972.29: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier typenames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1974.30: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier formnames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1982.12: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier strunames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1982.29: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier modenames.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1

Those four identifiers are defined in a replacement ftp.h header file.
On Linux, the original file is in '/usr/include/arpa/ftp.h'. On an AIX
system, it is possibly in the same place, definitely should be under
'/usr/include' somewhere. Copy the ftp.h file that comes with the
wu-ftpd source over it.

Dave Goldsmith
[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert W. Krull"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:20:30 -0400

Hi,

Making ftpd.

Robert Krull
IBM Global Services , Managed Operations - North.
Watson Information Systems
[email-masked]
914-945-3801 / tie 862-3801