Subject: anonymous set up

From: iqbal gandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:28:28 +0100

Hi

I have setup wu-ftpd successfully. All the users are limited to there
directories, with chroot etc. 

BUT, how do I setup anonymous user, so that they can get access by just
typing in there email address for the password for example. I am not
sure if you set this up as you do for a normal user, or do you need
something different. I have had a look at the FAQ and I can't seem to
find what i am looking for

Thanks 

Iqbal

---

From: "Schramm, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:14:13 -0400

You need to create an account on your system by the name ftp and set it
up the same as you do for the guest accounts.  The username ftp will
have special meaning to the ftp daemon and will allow the user to log in
as either ftp or anonymous by providing any string as a password (though
you can enforce using an email address, etc.).

Read the ftpd man page that came in the distribution of wuftpd for more
information (search for ~ftp) on setting up an anonymous account.  Read
the man page for ftpaccess that also came in the distribution for more
information on setting password checking rules for the anonymous
account.

Richard Schramm
Internet Technical Analyst
The E.W. Scripps Co.
mailto:[email-masked]

>----------
>From: 	iqbal gandham[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	Wednesday, April 16, 1997 8:28 AM
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	anonymous set up
>
>Hi
>