Subject: Upload directive problem

From: Mike Strube <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 14:29:05 -0600

I'm having trouble getting the upload directive in ftpaccess to change the
owner and group of uploaded files.

I'm running wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-13] on Solaris 2.5.1.  I've successfully
created a guest account (guest1) with it's own chroot area.  I've got the
following entrys in ftpaccess:

upload /opt/guest1/     /pub    yes root other 0600 dirs

However, when a user logs in as guest1 and uploads a file to the /pub
directory, it comes in owned by guest1.

What am I doing wrong?
Mike Strube                                  Internet: [email-masked]
Phillips Petroleum Co.                          Voice:   (918) 661-8758
215 Information Center                            Fax:   (918) 662-2924
Bartlesville, OK 74004

---

From: "Steven K. Buehler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 07:11:52 -0600

>directory, it comes in owned by guest1.

I also had this problem.  You can fix it by changing the root line.  Make the two lines look like this:
upload /opt/guest1/     *       no  root other 0600 dirs
upload /opt/guest1/     /pub    yes root other 0600 dirs

======================================================
Steven K. Buehler
S & B Computers
Rockford Illinois, USA
Phone: 815-398-7169
Fax: 815-398-7266
======================================================