Subject: Long Filename support

From: David Brossard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running the latest beta of wu-ftp and am having a wierd error
with a guest account. Any uploaded file that has a long filename or a
space in the filename is getting the error 'Permission denied. (Filename
(accept))'. This is only with a guest account. As far as I can tell my
guest account is set up correctly and besides this error, its working
fine. Any ideas?

------------finger [email-masked] for my public pgp key---------------- 
David Brossard                      e u r o p a  c o m m u n i c a t i o n s
MIS / Techie
[email-masked]                 503.222.9508 MAIN
www.europa.com                      503.796.9134 FACSIMILE
                                    503.222.4244 DATA

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:27:00 -0500 (CDT)

If the client end is a Win95 box with an old 16 bit FTP program, then long
file names will be collapsed with a ~ in the name.  By default, both space
and tilde are not allowed in filenames.  Look at the path_filter in
/etc/ftpaccess.

man ftpaccess

for more info.

   -- Michael