Subject: wu-ftpd and cgiwrap

From: Iqbal Gandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 09:46:33 +0100

Hi

I have managed to install a working copy of wuftpd. Everything seems to
be working fine. There is one thging, I need to install cgi-wrap now,
and I just want to check if cgi-wrap will work with wu-ftpd(or is this a
stupid question). I have posted theis to both cgi-wrap list and wu-ftpd,
just in case someone has done this before.

Thanks

Iqbal
[email-masked]

---

From: Nathan Neulinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 07:49:50 -0500

Only incompatibility is with chroot()'ing with the "/./" in the user's home
dir.

If you make the minor patch of removing that check in util.c, you'll be all
set.

-- Nathan

>just in case someone has done this before.

------------------------------------------------------------
Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: [email-masked]                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org

---

From: Iqbal Gandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 13:58:57 +0100

Hi

If I remove that check, it won't have any affect on wu-ftpd security
thing, since they are separate processes.

One other thing, is cgi-wrap, the same as setting SUID/SGID on the
script, if so does it SGID or SUID or both. I would like it just to SGID

Thanks
Iqbal
[email-masked]