Subject: Server dropped connection...?

From: Bill Levering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:40:52 -0800

I'm having a major problem.

I'm running wu-ftpd-beta 11 with virtual anon ftp sites.

It's been running FINE for about 8 months.

I just added a user and he's been going nuts with the msg files and
directories.
Now anon doesn't work when anyone goes to any? site...ftp is acting rEAL
flakey now.

I get the message...Sorry, the connection has been dropped, the server may
be too busy.

The strange thing is...it happens AFTER the password is given.

Connected to novakdesign.com.
220-Hi!
220-
220 cactus FTP server (Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11](1) Fri Oct 4
22:48:25 PD
T 1996) ready.
Name (ftp.novakdesign.com:idbill): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: Illegal seek
ftp>

I just tried BETA 13...same message? !?
(Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11]

Is there something I need to do to get the ftp daemon to reload the
ftpaccess file?

Bill

Bill Levering               mailto://[email-masked]
   Website                 http://www.dlux.net/~idbill

---

From: Iqbal Gandham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 09:38:55 +0100

Hi

Did this happen when you added another user if so check the ftpaccess
file.

In the sectio with guestgroup and all the users listed on one line

e.g guestgroup name1 name2 name3 etc etc make sure that you do not have
over 30 ish users in one section. I think the limit is about 50 but I am
not sure, so stick with 30ish.

If there is motre just start another line with guestgroup and add the
last user there.

Let me know if this works

Iqbal