Subject: :user: and :group: tags

From: Paradise Cowgirl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:52:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, all!

I'm working on using "guestgroup" with wu-ftpd beta 13. Because of some
kind of Solaris (2.5.1) only bug, files uploaded into user created
directories do not get set to the user/group ownership specified in the
ftpaccess file (yes, I've reported this bug).

Evan Champion once offered to send out patches that addressed this issue
by using something called :user: and :group: tags. He was waiting for
beta-13 release, I got assigned to other things and we haven't connected
up since (I sent him personal email before trying here now).

Does anyone have these patches for previous releases or applied them
to the current release? I really need to get the dir/file ownership
issue resolved.

Thanks!

Darci Chapman (aka Paradise Cowgirl)
(and yes, I'm back to working the Solaris How-To Guide this week :-)

---

From: Faisal Hameed (KR) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:00:24 -0400

I have had the domain name changed since I subscribed
to the list. What is the easiest way to get off the 
list.

Thanks.

Faisal