Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-12

From: "Robert W. Krull"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:59:14 -0400

Hi there,
     I managed to get the wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-12 version to compile
on AIX 4.1.4 and it is working with one exception, The logging function
is not working. I have run ckconfig and that looks ok. I am using the
sample ftpaccess files and so on. I have used various flags in inetd.conf
and still no logs. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is wrong and where?

Robert Krull
IBM Global Services , Managed Operations - North.
Watson Information Systems
[email-masked]
914-945-3801 / tie 862-3801

---

From: [email-masked] (Jay Schuster)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:17:31 -0400 (EDT)

> and still no logs. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is wrong and where?

I have it running on an AIX 4.1.5 system and don't have a problem.  It
logs some stuff to syslogd and other stuff gets logged to the xferlog
file.  Which logging function do you mean?  I have this in my ftpaccess
file:
    log     commands        real,guest,anonymous
    log     transfers       anonymous,guest,real    inbound,outbound
and they work fine.  Commands get logged to syslog, and transfers get
logged to the xferlog file.

Here's a web page that shows what I did to get it working:
    http://www.pcc.com/~jay/src/networking/wu-ftpd-2.4/ORIGINALS/
I don't know if that will be any help for you.

-- Jay
-- 
Jay Schuster <[email-masked]>
The People's Computer Company	`Revolutionary Programming'