Subject: WU-ftp, problems with setting up guestgroup

From: "David A. Waltermire" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 13:33:55 -0500

I am trying to set up a guestgroup in wu-ftp, running on an alpha with
RedHat4.1 by following the FAQ at
ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.  When it is all set up I can
log in successfully and GET files, but when I try to put files, I get
this error:

Password required for test.
User test logged in.  Access restrictions apply.
 
> put formmail.cgi 
 
Error: Remote host has closed the connection.

The permissions on the how directory are as follows:

drwxr-xr-x   4 test     test         1024 Apr  3 09:39 .
drwxrwxr-x  71 root     root         2048 Apr  2 16:47 ..
d--x--x--x   2 root     root         1024 Apr  3 09:39 bin
d--x--x--x   2 root     root         1024 Apr  3 09:41 etc
-rw-r--r--   1 root     test         1873 Nov 20 16:32 test.htm

The password file looks like this:

root:*:0:0::/:/bin/false
test:*:268:2000::/usr/local/apache/htdocs/users/test/./:/bin/false

And the group file looks like this:

root::0:root
wwwftp2::2000:test

What is going wrong here?
--
David A. Waltermire
[email-masked]
Systems Administrator
Red Rose SuperNet

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:19:22 -0600 (CST)

Do you have upload enabled in /etc/ftpaccess? 

   -- Michael