Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4.2b13 won't log

From: Josh Mayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:52:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	I'm running 2.4.2 beta 13 on Slackware 3.1.0, kernel 2.0.29. 
Everything works great, save for the fact that although the file
/var/log/ftpd/xferlog exists (I had to create it using 'touch'), and the
config files pointed to it, the ftp server won't log anything.  xferlog is
owned by root, and has the protections -rw-r-----.  Did I miss something
obvious?

Thanks in advance -

Josh Mayers

---

From: "Stefan Berg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:02:58 +0100

Not sure, but could be that you should use the -a flag in inetd.conf...

/Stefan

> Hi, 
>  
> 	I'm running 2.4.2 beta 13 on Slackware 3.1.0, 
> kernel 2.0.29. Everything works great, save for the fact that although 
> the file /var/log/ftpd/xferlog exists (I had to create it using 
> 'touch'), and the config files pointed to it, the ftp server won't 
> log anything.  xferlog is owned by root, and has the protections -rw-
> r-----.  Did I miss something obvious? 
>  
> Thanks in advance - 
>  
> Josh Mayers 
>  
>