Subject: Virtual file system

From: Malcolm Chng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:03:13 +-800

Can anyone enligthen me on how to configure wu.ftpd to map the /home dirctory as the vitural root directory for my users. I only want my users to be able to roam within the /home directory similar to anonymous users as in the /ftp directory. I don't quite know how to incoporate the chroot fuction...

I would appreciate if somone can point me how to do it, thanks!

Regards/Malcolm

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:23:21 -0600 (CST)

You need guest groups.  The howto is below.

   -- Michael

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Malcolm Chng wrote:

> Can anyone enligthen me on how to configure wu.ftpd to map the /home
> dirctory as the vitural root directory for my users. I only want my
> users to be able to roam within the /home directory similar to anonymous
> users as in the /ftp directory. I don't quite know how to incoporate the
> chroot fuction... 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-13.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.cetis.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

wu-ftpd list archive:  http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/

There are additional security references in the above docs.