Subject: FTPD Store & Forward ??

From: "Demarco, Glen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:26:55 -0400

We are looking to set something up to forward data which was FTP'ed to a
centralized FTP server (running wu-ftpd of course), and have the
origional file deleted from the centralized FTP server. I've looked into
an SNMP trap which requires an SNMP manager application.I can but  would
rather not modify the ftpd source from WU.

Does anyone have any suggestions whereby a script/program can be
automatically invoked upon a successful FTP request to forward the data
to it's final destination server?

Thanks.
===============================================
Glen DeMarco                     |      Phone: (212) 902-7981
Goldman Sachs & Co, Inc.   |      Email: [email-masked]
Cross Platform Services       |      Pager: (917) 556-6271  
85 Broad Street - 8th Floor   |      Fax:     (212) 428-1047
New York, N.Y. 10004         |      Alpha Page: (800) 800-7759
=================================================

---

From: Ben Mehlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 18:47:33 -0400 (EDT)

> to it's final destination server?

We do a similar thing here, but we use "mirror".  We don't delete the
files, just copy them again (via ftp) when they change...

If you want more custom behavior, you could set up logging of transfers
(just a simple change to ftpaccess file).  If you don't mind a
little delay, you could run a program from cron every couple of minutes.
Just a fairly simple perl script would do it.  Or have a daemon tailing the
xferlog.  

-Ben

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben Mehlman                                   Vladimir: Well?  Shall we go?
Prodigy Services Company                      Estragon: Yes, let's go.
[email-masked]                                   (They do not move).