Subject: ckconfig not same as pathnames.h

From: Becki Kain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 22:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

I just compiled wu beta 13 and when I do a ckconfig, I get this:

# ./bin/ckconfig
Checking _PATH_FTPUSERS :: /usr/local/lib/ftpd/ftpusers
ok.

Checking _PATH_FTPACCESS :: /usr/local/lib/ftpd/ftpaccess
ok.

which is great except that according to patnames.h, both of those files
should be in /usr/local/etc and the syslog errors that I am getting,
because I cannot log in, is:

Apr  9 22:02:40 josephus ftpd[17866]: cannot
open access file /usr/local/etc/ftpaccess: No such file or directory

So how did ckconfig get so confused?  and I get another bizarre error. I
have anonymous ftp setup using the stock DU4.0 ftp, but when I try to log
in as anonymous under wu, I get this:

Apr  9 22:16:02 josephus ftpd[17888]: User anonymous unknown.
Apr  9 22:16:02 josephus ftpd[17888]: FTP LOGIN REFUSED (ftp not in
/etc/passwd) FROM josephus.furph.com [204.120.113.160], anonymous

yet in /etc/passwd and ~ftp/etc/passwd, I have this line:

ftp:*:9998:999:anonymous ftp:/usr/users/ftp:/bin/false

oh, and this is on digital unix 4.0, wu beta 13 compiled with build dec

thanks

beckers

---

From: dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 21:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

Make sure you run the new copy of ckconfig.  Go to your
/wu-ftpd.source.here/src/ and run ./ckconfig

You are probably running the ckconfig in your path and now the new one.

---

From: Becki Kain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 23:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

that was it.  I needed to do a makeclean.  thanks!  but I still have the
/etc/passwd issue.

beckers