Subject: Slight problem using wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked] (Tony Clark)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:26:32 +0100

uw-ftpd-2.4 and solaris 2.5.

1. When i type 'ls' in anonymous and guest mode, i don't get the group and
   user entries from ls:-

drwx------   2 39       200          512 Apr 14 15:32 .
drwxr-xr-x   3 38       11           512 Apr 14 15:36 ..

               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. When i try and change to '~' i also get errors.

ftp> cd
(remote-directory) ~
550 /local/disk1/ftp: No such file or directory.
ftp> 

I have the correct entries in chroot /etc/passwd and /etc/group but still
am unable to work out whats going off.

Any idea's anyone - thanx in advance.

-- 

Tony Clark (Just another hacker)          Mobile Systems International PLC
Tel: +44 (0)171 971 8800                  Systems Administrator

External: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked](personal)