Subject: Re: Problem building in AIX

From: "Robert W. Krull"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:47:53 -0400

Thanks.. I would have been better it I had read the documentation clearly
thoough since that is mentioned. However, it generated another host of
errors,
any clues??

Making ftpd.
        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
     554  1500-010: (W) WARNING in main: Infinite loop.  Program may not
stop.
        yacc  ftpcmd.y
        mv y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpcmd.c
"ftpcmd.y", line 371.18: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier cmdtab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 383.26: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier sitetab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1057.36: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment between
 type
s "void(*)(int)" and "void(*)()" is not allowed.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of print_groups differs
 from
 previous declaration on line 683 of "ftpcmd.y".
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-050 (I) Return type "void" in redeclaration
is not
 compatible with the previous return type "int".
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Bob

[email-masked]
04/10/97 08:29 AM

To:   [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Robert W. Krull/Watson/IBM Research)
Subject:  Re: Problem building in AIX

Robert W. Krull wrote:
>
> Hi,
>      I am having a problem building the wu-ftpd environment. I solved
> a complaint about vers.o being missing, but he following has me stumped.
> I have found the identifiers defined in src/ftpcmd.y file, however I
don't
> see
> where it is being called anywhere. I am a relative novice in coding at
this
> point
> and any help would be appreciated.
>
> Making ftpd.
>         cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
> "ftpd.c", line 1972.29: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier typenames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1974.30: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier formnames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1982.12: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier strunames.
> "ftpd.c", line 1982.29: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier modenames.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1

Those four identifiers are defined in a replacement ftp.h header file.
On Linux, the original file is in '/usr/include/arpa/ftp.h'. On an AIX
system, it is possibly in the same place, definitely should be under
'/usr/include' somewhere. Copy the ftp.h file that comes with the
wu-ftpd source over it.

Dave Goldsmith
[email-masked]

Robert Krull
IBM Global Services , Managed Operations - North.
Watson Information Systems
[email-masked]
914-945-3801 / tie 862-3801