Subject: Solaris 2.5 compile problems?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 97 11:23:55 +0200

People,

I copied the wu-ftpd from wwachive but had to make 2 changes to get it
to compile? has anyone else had these problems.
 
I am using a sparc5 running solaris 2.5 (without patches) and a SUN
SPARCcompiler C 4.0.

I commented out the function "strstr" in the file support/strcasestr.c
because it is a reserved world? and indeed I assumed already
implemented in ANSI C?

More seriously I needed to change the yacc line in src/ftpcmd.y on line
577 which yacc refused to compile? it was...

reply(215, "UNIX Type: L%d Version: BSD-%d", NBBY, BSD);

and I changed it to?

reply(215, "UNIX Type: L%d Version: BSD-%d", NBBY);

Has anyone else had these problems? what are the implications??

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me...

Mark

			Mark Lucking	
	          Corporate CCS Unix Systems  
     SGS-THOMSON Microelectronics, Technoparc du Pays de Gex 
 165, rue Edouard Branly BP112, 01637 St Genis Pouilly Cedex, FRANCE
		 Telephone  +33 4 50 40 29 34 
		    Fax +33 4 50 40 28 90
		     [email-masked]
		      http://www.st.com