Subject: Wu-ftpd 2.5

From: [email-masked] (Pedro Melo)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:26:47 GMT

Hi!

As far as I know, 2.4.2BetaXX are just stop gap. No further code is being
accepted to it. Just shaking out the bugs.

All new code and features is going into 2.5.

Is there a list somewhere about features we would like to see or projects
for wuftpd? I have a coupple of them (passive mode port limit and radius
authentication) and I've being looking at the PAM stuff... Some parts of
Wuftpd are in need of a rewrite (and I would not mind do it in some
places), to clear up a lot of ifdefs...

Also, the ftp-wg is putting out some drafts on new commands for the
"ftp-ng". It migth be interesting to look into it and to have some
knowledge so that later wuftpd could migrate to it without much rewrite.

hmms... Well, for me, I use wuftp a lot, and I would like to see it grow.
It's free, so it must be suported by the people who use it...

Comments are welcome.

Melo
--
************** Pedro Melo ([email-masked]) BOFH ******************
*   TELENET, Servicos de Telecomunicacoes, SA - Tel +351 1 3139190   *
* finger [email-masked] or search key servers for PGP key *
*           It's management's job to support the geniuses,           *
*                      not to tell them what to do                   *
**********************************************************************