Subject: cistron's wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked] (Chris Brown)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:54:45 -0800 (PST)

I'm curious why the idea from cistron.nl's ftp server
(wu-ftpd2.4.2-beta9(2)) for throttling bandwidth never made it into current
releases.  Anyone knowledgable that could enlighten me?  Btw, thanks to
whomever pointed me at them, I accidently erased your mail.

Chris...

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 23:06:47 -0500 (EST)

> whomever pointed me at them, I accidently erased your mail.

I'm not sure if they've released the patches.  You might poke around the
site and see if you can find them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key_______

---

From: Mike Farace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:36:15 -0800

I posted the following messages to a couple of the solaris newsgroups,
requesting recommendations for any comercial ftp packages for solaris. 
I got this great response about a company that does comercial support
for wu-ftpd!  If you can't get your problems resolved any other way
(like me!), this may be an option for you.

I think wu-ftpd is great, but I need a bit more help for some reason,
and I personally am going to try this out!  You get a pre-compiled
wu-ftpd binary, in standard a standard unix package format (pkgadd), for
$25!..  Support is extra, but very reasonable, at least to me!

FYI - for anyone that is desperate like me!

Mike Farace

=============================
In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
: I need to find a comercial FTP server for Solaris.  I have tried
: wu-ftpd, and even with lots of support from the mailing list, I cannot
: get it working (it won't chroot, or display banners or messages).

: I need a product that comes with real support. 

: Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Hi

Why not use wu-ftp and buy the support?
We do that :-), even that we are in Holland we do supoort severals site
in USA.
We even have a pacthed wu-ftp with extra security feature. We are
connected
to the NET via our own link so live support can be done if needed.
Let me know if interrested.

NB: I need to know the platforms and OS version.

--
Kind regards,
Luc
______________________________________________________________________________
 ELM Consultancy B.V.                   Full Unix & Network support
    Zoetermeer                  Tel.:+31 6 5434 2012 / Fax.: +31 79 346
0583
  The Netherlands                  E-mail : [email-masked] or
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________________
Lord, it's a beautiful day, the sun shines no clouds no rain: 
        please don't let the system crash!