Subject: anonymous ls with SUN-OS

From: "Dieter Klaudt, Mathematik PHL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:51:18 GMT

Hi,

I posted the following message to weeks ago but can't get any 
response because our mailer doesn't work last week or noone answered 
...

Help!
Last week  I installed  wu-ftpd.2.4 on a sun with OS5.4. All things
work fine but if the logged in anonymous tries to make a ls there is
an error:
  Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number

I have installed wu-ftpd according to the installation instructions
and the references in the FAQ: extra directories  for sun etc ....

I'm a novice in UNIX, so I can't compile a static linked  ls.
Who can tell me where I can get a ready one for my system.
and who can tell me exactly how to install this ls for my sunos5.4

Which files  and directories do I need for the dynamically linked ls ?

Thanks

Dieter

Dieter Klaudt      Paedagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg  
         Reuteallee 46      71634 Ludwigsburg
               Tel. 07141 - 140 387                   
           [email-masked]

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:55:12 -0500 (EST)

Bonjour Mr Dieter Klaudt,

>   Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number

you're problem goes beyond ls setup
you can't create the data channel so
get/put etc ... will not work either

wait I think ... "Paradise Cowgirl" (Don't be full by the name :-)
have done some work on this :

http://www.teleport.com/~minerva/wu-ftpd/wuftpd.htm

Is ~ftp nfs mounted ?
if yes then 
  you need to create /dev/ticlts the lock daemon needs it

Mrs Darci, if you reading this, /dev/ticlts is missing from your notes
(wait let me Cc)

also 
man ftpd
is excellent place to start

-- 
au revoir, alain
----
Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.

---

From: Paradise Cowgirl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:59:39 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, I'll add the info for the next revision!

Cheers,
Darci Chapman ([email-masked])
--
                I heard a singer on the radio last night
       Says he's gonna kick the darkness till it bleeds daylight

           ...the days run away like horses over the hills...
               everything is motion--to the motion be true

---

From: James Hawtin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:24:25 +0000 (GMT)

A cute wy to work it all out is to use ldd

ldd /bin/ls

That will tell you want libraries are need, NOTE these CANNOT be symbolic links
as they will not work after chroot. you must copy them.

The files I use with wuftpd and sunos (4.1.3)

/bin

---x--x--x  1 root        24576 Sep 22  1994 compress*
---x--x--x  1 root        65536 Sep 22  1994 gzip*
---x--x--x  1 root        13352 Sep 22  1994 ls*
---x--x--x  1 root       131072 Sep 22  1994 tar*

/dev
crw-r--r--  1 root     local      3,  12 Feb  6  1996 zero

don't forget to use mknod to create this...

/etc

-r--r--r--  1 root           74 Feb  6  1996 group
-r--r--r--  1 root           49 Sep 22  1994 passwd

Remove the real password and lots of the  users from the passwd file...

/usr/lib

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root        40960 Sep 22  1994 ld.so*
-rw-r--r--  1 root         7996 Feb  6  1996 libc.sa.1.9
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root       516096 Sep 22  1994 libc.so.1.9*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root        24576 Sep 22  1994 libdl.so.1.0*

For solaris 2 (2.4 x86 anyway)

/bin

---x--x--x   1 root     ftp        12768 Dec 17  1995 compress*
---x--x--x   1 root     ftp        53876 Dec 17  1995 gzip*
---x--x--x   1 root     ftp        16392 Dec 17  1995 ls*
---x--x--x   1 root     ftp       143132 Dec 17  1995 tar*

simlink lib to usr/lib

/etc

-r--r--r--   1 root     ftp           37 Dec 29  1995 group
-r--r--r--   1 root     ftp         1064 Dec 29  1995 netconfig
-r--r--r--   1 root     ftp           37 Dec 29  1995 passwd

/dev

crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       11, 42 Dec 17  1995 tcp
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       99,  1 Dec 29  1995 ticotsord
crw-r--r--   1 root     sys       11, 41 Dec 29  1995 udp
cr--r--r--   1 root     sys       13, 12 Dec 17  1995 zero

Use mknod to create these

/usr/lib

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          7 Jan  9 22:19 ld.so -> ld.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        66336 Dec 17  1995 ld.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          9 Jan  9 22:19 libc.so -> libc.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp       527916 Dec 17  1995 libc.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         10 Jan  9 22:19 libdl.so -> libdl.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp         3616 Dec 17  1995 libdl.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         12 Jan  9 22:19 libintl.so -> libintl.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        11748 Dec 17  1995 libintl.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         11 Jan  9 22:19 libnsl.so -> libnsl.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp       417140 Dec 17  1995 libnsl.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         14 Jan  9 22:19 libsocket.so -> libsocket.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        66652 Dec 17  1995 libsocket.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          9 Jan  9 22:19 libw.so -> libw.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        39844 Dec 17  1995 libw.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         12 Jan  9 22:19 nss_dns.so -> nss_dns.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        10380 Dec 29  1995 nss_dns.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         14 Jan  9 22:19 nss_files.so -> nss_files.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        17296 Dec 29  1995 nss_files.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         12 Jan  9 22:19 nss_nis.so -> nss_nis.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        23148 Dec 29  1995 nss_nis.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         16 Jan  9 22:19 nss_nisplus.so -> nss_nisplus.so.1*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp        25588 Dec 29  1995 nss_nisplus.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         12 Jan  9 22:19 straddr.so -> straddr.so.2*
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     ftp         8012 Dec 29  1995 straddr.so.2*

I hope this helps

James
--
No dinosaurs please we're goffik!  http://plant-eng.lboro.ac.uk/~cgjwh

So all I wanted in the end, was world domination, and a whole lot of money
to spend.  - New Model Army.

Lifes a Joke and Deaths the End, Live in Misery - Net.Goth