Subject: Fixes to be included in beta-13

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 2 Mar 1997 21:28:53 GMT

FIXES in 2.4.2-BETA-13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets 23 from  <[email-masked]> and 96 from 
<[email-masked]> reported a problem with compliing wu-ftpd on
OSF. This is due to an failure in the software to include the correct
include file. This is fixed in this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 157 from  Albert Lunde <[email-masked]> pointed out an
inconsistency in the forward definition of realpath when a STDC compiler is
used. This is now fixed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 161 from [email-masked], ticket 168 from [email-masked] and
ticket 220 from [email-masked] all pointed out a problem in the code I 
put into popen.c to attempt to address an overflow problem. Too much late
night coding for me:-). Anyway, a version of their suggested fix is in
this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 162 and 222 from  [email-masked] and [email-masked],
respectively, pointed out that there was an extra %s in one of the 
reply strings. This is now fixed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 168 from [email-masked] suggested that sysconf be used to
get the number of fds. This has been added to popen.c and a change has been
made to config.hpx to use that. I have also tried to add this to other 
configurations that are documented (or are known) to support sysconf.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 180 from David Pesticcio <[email-masked]> pointed out some problems
with the INSTALL file. There was a missing step and other problems. These have
been fixed for this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 182 from <[email-masked]> supplied some fixes to skey support. The 
patches supplied were used as a basis for those fixed included in this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 183 from <[email-masked]> supplied a patch to removed \r\n from any
string put in setproctitle. This changes are includes in this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 184 from <[email-masked]> supplied a patch to enforce FreeBSD (when
this software is built on FreeBSD) concerning the logging of numeric addresses
when DNS name is larger than UT_HOSTSIZE field.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 185 from <[email-masked]> suggested that we should removed all 
references to LOG_TOOMANY, since it is no longer being actually implemented.
We agree.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 186 from <[email-masked]> said that FreeBSD already had the fnmatch
function in its C library and didn't need the version in the support library.
The support library will now be built without this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 191 from Ian Willis <[email-masked]> suggests that the failsafe number of
fds in popen.c should be bigger than sizeof(long). He suggested 20, but I am 
setting it to 31. We'll see if that helps folks have fewer signal 10 or 11 
errors that are unexplained.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 193 from <[email-masked]> pointed out that ftpcount.c does not
include stdlib.h, which will cause malloc to allocate too little space to
hold st_size on FreeBSD. This is now fixed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 197 from Ian Willis <[email-masked]> provides some additional patches
for SCO OpenServer 5. These are included in this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 216 from Alain Magloire <[email-masked]> provides
some bounds checking ftpd when building the directory command to send to
the operating system. His changes may not be portable to all platforms, since
the use snprintf, but we'll give it a try.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 220 from [email-masked] showd some coding problems in access.c when 
determining host access information. This fix is included in this release.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In researching other problems, I noticed that setproctitle was not being
called correctly in a couple of placed in ftpd.c. There were not enough
arguments. This is now fixed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.