Subject: Re: Solaris 5.1.x How-To Guide

From: [email-masked] (John Attwood)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 10:03:39 GMT

>
>The guide is available at:
>	http://www.teleport.com/~minerva/wu-ftpd/wuftpd.htm
>Feel free to send comments/feedback/flames to me at [email-masked]
>

Make that http://www.teleport.com/~minerva/wu-ftpd/wuftpd.shtml, as the
original URL doesn't work.

Thanks for making it available Darci, it looks as if it would have been
really useful when I was installing wu-ftpd a while back.

BTW, with some help from another member of the list and a patch for gnu
ls, I managed to build a "static" ls but never managed to get rid of a
stubborn dependency on ld.so. I await the rest of your howto with
interest.

Regards,

John.
-- 
John Attwood,  Computing Officer,      |  Voice +171 387 7050 X5028
MRC Human Biochemical Genetics Unit,   |  Fax   +171 387 3496
University College London,             |  Email [email-masked]
Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way,       |
London NW1 2HE, United Kingdom.        |  http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/~john

---

From: [email-masked] (Pedro Melo)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:53:46 GMT

>stubborn dependency on ld.so. I await the rest of your howto with

hmms.. I just did that. I compiled ls statically a coupple of days ago.
Used fileutils something-16 :)
I think I have the patch somewhere... I'll dig it up and post it here and
send it to the WUFTP Solaris FAQ maintainer...

I'm using beta12 and beta13 with the static ls and it works very.
I dont have a single lib in my ftp areas.

Melo . o O ( Now where did I leave the patched sources for this thing? :) )
--
************** Pedro Melo ([email-masked]) BOFH ******************
*   TELENET, Servicos de Telecomunicacoes, SA - Tel +351 1 3139190   *
* finger [email-masked] or search key servers for PGP key *
*           It's management's job to support the geniuses,           *
*                      not to tell them what to do                   *
**********************************************************************