Subject: Problem with anonumous guest users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 14:12:52 +0100

I've got the following problem with WU-FTPD 2.4:
     ================================================

     If I ftp and log in as an anonymous guest user, the server initially
     says:

            "Your current dir. is "/"".

     But if I do 'cd /' my current dir. will become the root of the server
     and not the root of the chrooted environment !

     How is this possible ?

     I made an anonymous guest user in WU-FTPD 2.4 ( beta 12 AIX 4.x ) and
     set up the following:

      > a root directory ( /home/guests ) to 'chroot' to,
        which looks like this:

          /home/guests/
                       bin/ls
                       etc/group
                          /passwd
                       lib/libc.a
                          /libcurses.a

      > a guest user in /etc/passwd, which looks like:

          guest1:*:401:400:Guest FTP
     user:/home/guests/./guest1:/etc/ftponly

      > also the same entries in the group and passwd in /home/guests/etc
      > In the ftpaccess file I made an entry :  guestgroup ftpguests
      > For ftpgroups and ftphosts I used the example files

                       C a n   s o m e b o d y   h e l p   m e  ??