Subject: Using ls as a guest

From: Steve Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:56:54 -0500 (EST)

I have installed the ftpd on a solaris 2.5.1 machine...

When I login as a guest user and try to create a direcotry
listing using 'ls' I get:

425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number

But I don't get this message when I login as anonymous, or as a real
user (It works just fine). I have populated the ftp/usr/lib dir
with all the needed libs, as well as the dev files for solaris.

What's going on here?

Cheers

==================================================================
| Steven Szabo                  +      2, 1st Canadian Place     |
| CoreLAN Communications Inc.   +      Suite 1730, Toronto, Ont. |
| Technical Support             +      Ph:  (416) 362-7378       |
| [email-masked]            +      Fax: (416) 362-8772       |
==================================================================

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 15:10:51 CST

Hello Steven,

> with all the needed libs, as well as the dev files for solaris.

I don't use the guest stuff, so I may not be able to help directly, but...

There is a "How-to" file available at
   ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
which may help.

Apologies if you've already seen it (you didn't mention it above).

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin      [email-masked]      "A man, a plan, a canal, Suez !"

---

From: Steve Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:19:55 -0500 (EST)

Please note I have gone through the guest-howto docs - no help