Subject: Can't even get it to compile

From: "Cox, Terry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:57:13 -0600

I have a Redhat Linux 3.0.3 distribution (Picasso - Kernel 1.2.13).  I
downloaded wu-ftpd 2.4 and did the gunzip and tar just fine.  I put the
wu-ftpd in the following directory: /usr/src/wu-ftpd-2.4   I went to do
the the 'build' from this directory:  build lnx  . Unfortunately, I got
the following error: "Cannot open lnx.s."  I am stumped.  Can someone
help me.  The FAQ doesn't mention anything about this type of problem. I
feel like I'm in a race, and I can't even get out of the starting
blocks?  Thanks!

Terry M. Cox
Spokane, Washington

---

From: Donald Ball <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:57:02 -0500 (EST)

You probably want to get RedHat 4.1 for starters:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/redhat-4.1/i386

They distribute a copy of wuftpd in rpm format - it's in fact a package
option when you install. Last I recall it's beta12, but they're pretty
good about getting new RPMs built quickly.

- donald