Subject: Re: Solaris Help

From: "Steven K. Buehler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:29:37 -0600

At 01:33 PM 3/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
>	I just recently installed Beta 13 of 2.4.2 and the non beta final
>release of 2.4 on 2 diffrent solaris machines. The non beta works like a
>charm. The problem with the beta is that it doesn't seem to process the
>/etc/ftpaccess file. It never displays any of the msgs set in there and it
>ignores all the virtual setups. Anyone else heard of this problems?

	It might not have been compiled to automatically have it use the ftpaccess file.  Try putting starting it up in the inetd.conf with the -a option "ftpd -a".  Or, you could have missed something that I almost missed.  Go to your beta 13 src directory and type "ckconfig".  That will let you know if the ftpaccess file is even found.  When I installed beta 13, the default directory for the ftpaccess and a couple of other files was different then the 2.4.2 release version.  If I hadn't run the ckconfig as the directions indicated, I would have had the same problem.  I hope that helps you and that I was finally able to make a contribution to this list after all the help that I have gotten from others here.
	BTW, can someone tell me what file and line to put the -a option in so that it will compile it so that I don't have to use the -a option to start it up in the inetd.conf file?

Thanks
Steve

======================================================
Steven K. Buehler
S & B Computers
Rockford Illinois, USA
Phone: 815-398-7169
Fax: 815-398-7266
======================================================

---

From: "Gregory S. Youngblood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:57:41 -0500

Make sure your inetd.conf or whatever it is that actually launches wu.ftpd
includes the '-a' flag. The default behavior changed from the non-beta 2.4
to the beta 2.4.2. Don't forget to double check your configuration as
well.. :) I found that I had a really stupid error in my inetd.conf file
that "looked" right but in fact was slightly broken.

Greg

At 01:33 PM 3/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
>------------finger [email-masked] for my public pgp key---------------- 
>David Brossard                      e u r o p a  c o m m u n i c a t i o n s
>MIS / Techie
>[email-masked]                 503.222.9508 MAIN
>www.europa.com                      503.796.9134 FACSIMILE
>                                    503.222.4244 DATA 
>
>
>