Subject: Closed wu-ftp-bugs tickets

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 3 Mar 1997 08:38:49 GMT

This file contains tickets I have closed because I could not reproduce the
problem under beta-12. I can't fix problems I can't reproduce. If you
feel that they should be reopened, send mail to "[email-masked]"
and report your problem again. Note the old ticket number in the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 5 from "Scott J. Ellentuch" <[email-masked]> reported the 
Beta-11 server would not work properly in setting the modes and ownership 
using the upload directive. I could not reproduce this in the Beta-12 server,
so I have closed this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 16 from "Scott J. Ellentuch" <[email-masked]> reported the 
Beta-11 server would report any users when invoking ftpwho or ftpcount on 
Linux  1.2.13. I could not reproduce this in the Beta-12 server, so I have 
closed this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 17 from [email-masked] (Kevin Geddie) reported problems when 
doing anonymous logins to a BSDI 2.1 machine running the Beta 11 server.
He reported that after login via anonymous, an "ls" would generate a 421
error. I can't reproduce this on the Beta-12 server, so I have closed this 
ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 30 from [email-masked] reported a problem with the virtual 
host support that was resolve in beta-12. This ticket is closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 37 from "Gene Buckle" <[email-masked]> reports the Beta-11 virual
hosts did not work on SunOS and shadow password support did not work on Linux.
I can't reproduce ether of these problems, so I am closing this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 40 from [email-masked] reports that when nodirs is specified, 
directories could still be made if the parent directoy mode permitted it. I
can reproduce this in beta-12, so I am closing this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 82 from Jawaid Bazyar <[email-masked]> reported a problem in 
beta 10 that related to ACL processing. This bug was fixed in beta-11. 
I have closed the ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 88 from  [email-masked] and ticket 217 from [email-masked] (Bruce
Cheng) reporting a problem that appeared to be related to no having a "-a" in 
the /etc/inetd.conf to cause it to read the ftpaccess. These tickets are 
closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 94 and 95 from [email-masked] reported that he can't get the -a 
option to execute in linux. I can't reproduce this problem, so I am closing
this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 158 from Peter Bivesand <[email-masked]> and 212 from 
Gregory Neil Shapiro <[email-masked] both attempted to build  beta-12
on Digital Unix using "./build osf"  instead of "./build dec". These
are closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 178 from Tim Osburn <[email-masked]> appeared to indicate that he did
not do a "./build clean" before doing a "./build sol". In any case, I can't
reproduce the problem he reported with building on Solaris 2.5.1 so I have
closed the ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 179 from Joseph Arceneaux <[email-masked]> offered some patches for
beta-11 (not included in his mail), but beta-12 was already released. 
I have closed this ticket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 187 from James Sneeringer <[email-masked]> said that there was an
error in the pathmsg described in the ftpaccess.5. It is escaped in the
version I have. Perhaps his version of nroff is not processing that like 
mine. In any case, it's not a problem I can reproduce, so I am closing
the ticket.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 192 from "Alexander V. Lukyanov" <[email-masked]> reported
a bug in beta 11 that is fixed in beta 12. He asked that the ticket be
closed and it is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 196 from Ko Byung-Ho <[email-masked]> was attempting to use 
the cc that uses the ucb include files on Solaris 2.5 to build wuftpd. After
he discovered he should use the regular includes (via SunPRO C), all compiled
and worked just fine. This ticket is closed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket 206 from  Stan Pawlukiewicz <[email-masked]> and 207 from 
Joe Johnson <[email-masked]> both reported the bug in beta-10 that was 
fixed in beta-12. These tickets are closed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.