Subject: on-the-fly conversion not work on Solaris2.4

From: Chan Yick Wai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 97 16:35:00 HKT

Hi all,

I've just installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris2.4 Sparc20 platform, but the 
on-the-fly decompression doesn't work. It can't recognize the file, so 
return error said that

ftp> get CA-96.20.sendmail_vul
200 PORT command successful.
550 CA-96.20.sendmail_vul: No such file OR directory.
ftp>

I'm using the /usr/bin/compress shipped with OS by copying it to ~ftp/bin 
and I used ldd to check for shared library and copy them to ~ftp/usr/lib. 
This is the excerpt of my ftpconversions.

 :.Z:  :  :/bin/compress -d -c %s:T_REG|T_ASCII:O_UNCOMPRESS:UNCOMPRESS
 :   : :.Z:/bin/compress -c %s:T_REG:O_COMPRESS:COMPRESS

Anyone can kindly help. Thanks in advance.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Chan Yick Wai
Office of Information Technology & Services
The Hong Kong Institute of Education
e-mail:  [email-masked]
Tel.  :  (852)2882-7266
Fax.  :  (852)2576-2260
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=