Subject: Compilation failed under osf V3.2c

From: Dominique Baisnee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:14:43 +0100

Hello All,

	I tried to compile wu-ftpd 2.4 beta12 under OSF/1 V3.2c (Digital Alpha
Station 3000 300) unsuccessfully. Here  is the result of the
compilation :

 ./build osf

make args are :

make opts are :

Linking Makefiles.

Makefile already present in root directory

Makefile already present in src directory

config.h already present in src directory

Makefile already present in support directory

Making support library.

rm -f libsupport.a

ar cq libsupport.a getusershell.o fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strerror.o 
strsep.o authuser.o vsnprintf.o

ranlib libsupport.a

s - creating symbol hash table. Wait...

Making ftpd.

cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -Olimit 1000 -L../support -s -x -c
ftpd.c

/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2271: storage size for
'timeout' isn't known

         struct timeval timeout;

 -----------------------^

/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2271: Reference an
expression of void type or an incomplete type.

         struct timeval timeout;

 -----------------------^

/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2271: Reference an
expression of void type or an incomplete type.

         struct timeval timeout;

 -----------------------^

*** Exit 1

Stop.

Making ftpcount.

cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -Olimit 1000 -L../support -s -x -o
ftpcount ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport

ld:

Can't open: vers.o (No such file or directory)

*** Exit 1

Stop.

Making ftpshut.

cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -Olimit 1000 -L../support -s -x -o
ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport

ld:

Can't open: vers.o (No such file or directory)

*** Exit 1

Stop.

Making ckconfig.

`ckconfig' is up to date.

Links to executables are in bin directory:

size: cannot open bin/ftpd

size: cannot open bin/ftpcount

size: cannot open bin/ftpshut

size: cannot open bin/ftpwho

text    data    bss     dec     hex

8192    8192    0       16384   4000    bin/ckconfig

Done

Does anybody can help me ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

====================================================================  

|      

|   Mme Dominique BAISNEE

|Centre des Faibles Radioactivités

|   Service Informatique

|  Laboratoire mixte CEA/CNRS                                          

|  Avenue de la Terrasse

|   91198 GIF SUR YVETTE

|   --------------------

|     Tel : 01-69-82-43-51 

|     Fax : 01-69-82-35-68

|     E-mail : [email-masked]

|

 ====================================================================