Subject: No anonymous access

From: Karl Hubner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 11:27:59 -0500

I don't believe that I have seen this one before, and I'm not sure that
it's easily possible.
Does anyone know of a way to refuse anonymous access directed to a
particular virtual server while leaving anonymous access open to other
servers?
Thanks.
Karl Hubner
[email-masked]

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 20:57:21 -0500 (EST)

> particular virtual server while leaving anonymous access open to other

Virtual inetd hacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key_______

---

From: Spencer Mullen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 18:10:24 -0800 (PST)

In the ftpaccess file, there are permission attributes such as DELETE,
CHMOD,  RENAME.  

Is there a hack to allow me to apply these to various groups rather than
the three types (REAL, GUEST, ANONYMOUS).  We have a downlaod area that is
managed as a guest area.  On the same server we have an upload area for
our web developers. Both are chrooted, guest-type areas.  We don't want
the download area folks to be able to do anything but downlaod. But the
web developers may need to be able to rename or delete. (Note that they
aren't uploading directly to our site, but rather to a "holding area")

The docs say that the permission attributes such as DELETE etc can be
applied to "types".  Is there a way to apply them to groups?  

-- Spencer Mullen
Network Admin
Accrue Software