Subject: restricting user-ftp to /home directories

From: Nick Lambropoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 10:55:31 -0500 (EST)

I seem to have a few options avaiable to me to configure ftp via
guestgroup in the ftpaccess file to restrict real user-ftp to ONlY their
directory - can someone suggest the best way this can be done (without
having to create each users own environment (/home/user/bin/ls
/home/user/etc/passwd etc..)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Nick Lambropoulos   		  Network Manager, McPherson Media Internet
[email-masked]               Phone: 058 312 312    Mobile: 0419 319964 
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 18:12:54 -0600 (CST)

If you want to be able to show the directory contents (i.e. run ls) you
have no choice.  That minimum environment must be set up.  Scripts to set
it up automatically are easy to write, and if you use hard links for the
files involved it takes little extra disk space. 

   -- Michael