From: "Matthew Emmerton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:02:35 -0500

> On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Matthew Emmerton wrote:
> 
> > I have this *really* strange problem using WU-FTPD 2.4.2-beta-12 when I
try
> > to transfer files.
> > 
> > I can transfer files as root both ways no problem.
> > 
> > However, when I use normal (real) user, whenever I transfer a file, FTP
> > says that the file was transferred successfully, but upon inspection,
the
> > source file was truncated, and the target file was never created.
> > 
> > Any ideas?
> 
> You'll need to mention which platform this is on -- Linux? Solaris? HPUX?
> -- and probably the OS release too.  It certainly isn't a general problem
> with beta-12... 

Well, I'm running on SCO OpenServer 5 (SVR4) which has a release version of
3.2v5.0.2.  I've made custom authentication routines for validating
passwords, and by the code I don't think they should affect anything
relating to the actual transfers, but who knows?

Any ideas anyone?

Matt