Subject: No access for real users on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Ken Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:23:53 -0500 (EST)

I've been using previous version of wu-ftpd without a hitch on a SunOS
4.1.3 machine.  Unfortunately, this machine recently took a turn for the
worse, and as a result we re-installed /upgraded the OS to Solaris 2.5.1.

I successfully compiled the latest version of wu-ftpd (beta12).  I've
double checked the line in my inetd.conf and all the flags seem to be in
place.  I've run ckconfig and it returns with no errors.  And with all
this, wu-ftpd still does not recognize any of the settings in my ftpaccess
file.

At this point, I'm primarily concerned that only anonymous users have
access to the server and have delete access.  When I try to login as a
valid user I get the following from the server:

530 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.

I've also double checked my config.h to make sure that it says the
ANON_ONLY is disabled (#undef ANON_ONLY).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
Ken

PS - Please copy any replies directly to me,  I think the listproc has
temporarily suspended me from the list due to bounced mail.... Thanks!

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Ken Chen            | American Association for the Advancement of Science
  Computer Specialist |    1200 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20005
  --------------------|----------------------------------------------------
  Internet: [email-masked]     Phone: (202) 326-7042    Fax: (202) 842-1711
	  **Opinions stated may not reflect that of the employer**
 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-