Subject: Problems with Solaris 2.5.1

From: Mike Farace <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:04:52 -0800

It seams like Solaris 2.5.1 is the least straight forward platform to
install wu-ftpd on, at least judging from all the posts to this mailing
list...  sound like seperate or additional faq could be setup just for
us!

Anyone,  I am still having problems.  I cannot get any banners or
messages to work, guestgroup and guest classes to chroot, and when I do
a ftpwho, ftpcount, or ftpshut, they give me inaccurate information, or
do nothing at all.

I know about /etc/shells, guestgroup commands, and some other things I
found out the hard way.  I am wondering if it could be the way it was
compiled... 

Can anyone send me thier mods to the make files, conf.h, or whatever
else they did to get these features to work on Solaris 2.5.1?  I have
beta-11 and beta-12, both of which I got to compile.  I was never able
to compile the vanilla 2.4 on Solaris 2.5.1.

I have access to gnu and the Solaris C compiler which you have to
purchase....

Please, any help is appreciated greatly!

Mike Farace
[email-masked]

---

From: "Roger A. Hanke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:09:42 -0500

Mike,
 For Solaris 2.5.1 using GCC 2.7.0 below are my notes on modifications
I made to compile Beta 12 cleanly.
	Roger Hanke

Made the same changes to the makefiles and configuration files as did with 
Beta 11. Modified the src/makefiles/Makefile.sol and 
support/makefiles/Makefile.sol makefiles to use gcc instead of cc in the CC 
definition lines. Commented out the USE_ETC, USE_TMP, and USE_VAR 
definitions in src/config/config.sol. Undefining these definitions allows 
all files and executables to be stored in default locations under 
/usr/local directories. Then added -DVIRTUAL to the CFLAGS line in both 
makefiles above to enable virtual FTP server operation. Captured the stdout 
and stderr from the build sol line as build.sol. There were no warnings or 
errors produced.

----------
From: 	Mike Farace
Sent: 	Friday, February 28, 1997 3:04 PM
To: 	[email-masked]
Subject: 	Problems with Solaris 2.5.1

Mike Farace
[email-masked]