Subject: Thanks...and next question

From: "Luc Lalonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 23:03:32 -0500

Hello again,

Thanks to all those who helped me with the IRIX 5.3 install fix.  I'm
grateful for the advice of Michel Cabanas, Furio Ercolessi, and Chris
Brown.  

The FTP daemon works now.  However it seems to ignore my /etc/ftpaccess
/etc/ftpgroups files.  I've clearly indicated that I did not want root to
ftp to my server...but I was able to do so anyway.  I also wanted the
server to check for valid e-mail addresses...I don't get this either.

The version I'm using is 2.4.2-beta-12.

Thanks again,

Luc Lalonde
Department of Mathematics and Stats
Mcgill University
Montreal Canada

---

From: [email-masked] (Geoff Terry Systems & Net supt 064 923677)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:42:58 +1100 (EST)

Luc,
Have you got the -a flag in the cmd line that starts the daemon (eg in
inetd.conf

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /local/sbin/in.tcpd             /pub/ftp
/in.ftpd -a -u133

Rgeards Geofft
>Department of Mathematics and Stats
Geoff Terry    Systems & Network Support
ACR Net        Sapphire Coast NSW 2550
Australia
Ph 064 923677  Mobile 015 668 227 Fax 064 924594