Subject: Problem with ls in Digital Unix 3.2

From: [email-masked] (Max Bensadon)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:50:43 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
I have installed wu-ftd 2.4 on an Alpha Station 600 - Digital Unix 3.2C,
following the installation instructions.
I wanted to install an anonymous ftp, and I faced 2 problems in using the
command "ls" :
The first one is, if the home directory of ftp is not owned by the user ftp,
"ls" returns nothing. I can change directory to "/pub" and there the "ls"
works again but not on "~ftp".
The second one is that "ls" doesn't understand the usual options like "ls -l".
Configuration :
I created a user ftp in a group guest, and I have used the heavy version of
the ftpaccess file given in example. 
The xferlog works for outside connexions.
I have copy the "/etc/sia" subdirectory in "~ftp/etc", which is required for
Digital Unix.

Thank you for the help.

============================================================================
Dr Max Bensadon
Centre de Traitement de l'Information du PMSI
Universite Paris 6                     E-mail : [email-masked]
12, rue Cuvier                            Tel : 01-42-17-08-66
75005 Paris                               Fax : 01-44-27-65-83
=============================================================================