Subject: NCARGS undefined in IRIX

From: Robert Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:54:21 -0800 (PST)

I cannot seem to find the definition of NCARGS anywhere in the src.  I'm
trying to compile under Irix 5.3 or 6.2, and have fixed all of the other
SGI-related problems...  However, src/glob.c will not compile because the
constant NCARGS is undefined (and correspondingly, GAVSIZ is undefined).
I've grepped around my entire system trying to find a declaration of
NCARGS in /usr/include, as well as in the wuftpd source, but to no avail.

For those of you who have compiled successfully under Irix, could you drop
me a line and let me know where the heck this constant should come from?
Thanks!

-robert

-----------------------------------------------------
| Robert Clark           [email-masked] |
| Systems Supervisor            voice: 619.824.5503 |
| Sony Interactive Studios        fax: 619.824.5630 |
| 10075 Barnes Canyon Rd.       San Diego, CA 92121 |
-----------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Brown)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:05:41 -0800 (PST)

If you look in src/config/config.sgi, you'll find this:

#ifndef NCARGS
#ifdef _POSIX_ARG_MAX
#define NCARGS _POSIX_ARG_MAX
#else
#ifdef ARG_MAX
#define NCARGS ARG_MAX
#endif
#endif
#endif

which will clear up the problem.  (Try './build clean' then './build sgi'
and this should work.)  The only change I would make would be to change the
line:
#define SPT_TYPE SPT_REUSEARGV
to
#define SPT_TYPE SPT_NONE

or timezones don't work in irix 5.3/6.2.

---

From: Robert Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:23:05 -0800 (PST)

> #define NCARGS _POSIX_ARG_MAX

My config.sgi didn't contain those lines -- I was using the 2.4 release.  
I just grabbed a copy of 2.4.2beta to check if that was the version
you're using, and it seems to be...  At least I know how to define it now!

Thanks for the timezone tip...

-robert