Subject: client problems

From: [email-masked] (Neal S. Pressman ex 2317)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 97 10:37:07 EST

since switching to wuftpd from SunOS-ftpd i have recieved complaints
from one PC user the problem appears to be his client. he is not using
a windows ftp client he has only a dos ftp client and it cant handle
the banner.msg, welcome.msg, or .message. i know this is not a wuftpd
problem i am hoping that someone else has run into this. i need to find
a solution for this PC user. does anyone know of PC clients that can
handle these messages?
                                
                                \\|//
                                (0~0)
----------------------------oooO-(_)-Oooo----------------------------
 Neal S. Pressman                        Raytheon Electronic Systems
 System Administrator (MCAE)             528 Boston Post Road
 phone:  (508) 440-2317                  Sudbury, MA  01776
 fax:    (508) 440-2684                  ms 4-1-283
 E-mail:  [email-masked]
____________________________________Oooo.____________________________
                             .oooO  (___)

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:38:55 -0600 (CST)

This is an *old* FAQ; haven't heard this one in a while.  Have him put a -
(dash) in front of his password:.  This is only valid for anonymous login. 

[email-masked]

   -- Michael