Subject: General questions

From: Sheryl Chapin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:39:56 -0600

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and I have a couple of simple questions.  I have a sun
system running solaris 2.5.1.  I want to set up secure ftp users, like
anonymous, but able to use their own login id.  After researching, I found
that the ftpd that comes with solaris just doesn't have the capabilities I
want and that wu-ftp seems to be the way to go.

I downloaded wu-ftpd-2.4 from wuarchive.wustl.edu, but I was wondering if
there is a newer version.  I was also wondering if there are any known bugs
or problems I should be looking out for.  I searched thru the CERN archives
and only found 1 vulnerability for this version, are there any other
idiosyncracies I should know about? :-)

Thanks

Sheryl Chapin
Sr. Systems Administrator
eWorks! Inc.
612.288.0000
[email-masked]