Subject: File Update Time is wrong?

From: Shu Shimizu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 15:16:30 -0400

Hi all,

I use wu_ftpd 2.4 on my linux 2.0 machine.
When I conncect the server, ls -l shows a different file update time (6 hours advance).
For example, if the update time is Feb 3 14:00, ls -l from the ftp client shows Feb 3 20:00.
Does anybody know why and how to fix this???

Thank you in advance.

Shu Shimizu

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark S. Tremblay)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:54:22 -0500 (EST)

> Does anybody know why and how to fix this???

Check the FAQ... I just went through this exercise this weekend.  It
is most likely that ftp doesn't know what time zone it is in.  You
need to make sure that when ftp connects, it can figure out the
appropriate time zone from the files relative to ~ftp.

-- 
-Mark S. Tremblay
 Eastman Kodak - Elmgrove Plant
 [email-masked]
 (716) 253-0102