Subject: segment violations with beta-12

From: Matthew Emmerton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:05:31 -0500 (EST)

I've just compiled 2.4.2-beta-12 on my SCO 5 system, and it works fin,
except that when I try to login with a local user (who is listed in
/etc/passwd), it litters the syslog with 'exit on signal 11' errors, and
dumps erorr 421 : closing connection errors to the terminal.

Any ideas?

Matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Emmerton  1B MATH/CS                       |    The ASCII Guy
[email-masked]               |       has left
http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~memmerto   |    the building...

---

From: [email-masked] (Keith Iverson)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:46:00 -0800 (PST)

>dumps erorr 421 : closing connection errors to the terminal.
Got the same thing compiling beta 11 on SunOS 4.1.3.  My solution was to 
recompile using the latest gcc.  The error is a variable dereference 
error that is essentially saying that you got a bug during compile time.  
The latest gcc is free and downloadable, but save some time to compile 
that, it could take a couple hours cpu time.

<======================================================>
Keith A. Iverson        Iverson Financial Systems, Inc.
E-mail - [email-masked]
<======================================================>