Subject: Re: ls gives no output for anonymous users

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:14:51 -0600 (CST)

Sounds like you don't have an external ls program set up properly.  The
guest howto below will tell you how to do that.

   -- Michael    ([email-masked])

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Paulette S. Mudrey wrote:

> I installed wu-ftp 2.4 for Solaris 2.5.1 and everytime the anonymous
> user logs in they can not see any of the directories or files.  The
> anonymous user can put and get files, but ls will not display anything
> back. 
> 
> If I log in as myself, ls will display the output.  Also, if I log into
> the ftp server from the ftp server as user anonymous, ls works
> correctly. 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

There are additional security references in the above docs.