Subject: Re: SECURITY: wu-ftpd-2.4.2b11-8 problem

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: 18 Jan 1997 07:28:15 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich <[email-masked]> (by way of Karl O. writes:
>Summary
>-------
>   There is a serious security bug in wu-ftpd v2.4 (including the
>version from Academ) which may allow both regular and anonymous users
>to access files as uid 0 (root). The same bug is also responsible for
>an advisory lock not being unlocked - potentially resulting in blocked
>access to future ftp logins and filling up the process table and swap
>space until the server dies.
>
>Reported by
>-----------
>[email-masked] (David Greenman)
>

This is fixed in beta-12.
-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.

---

From: Michael Haro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 16:36:15 -0800 (PST)

What is the newest version ?

Thanks
Michael