Subject: Re: ftpaccess - what directory should it be in? I can't get any changes to work!

From: Andrew Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 19:53:38 -0800

At 05:20 PM 1/26/97 -0800, Michael Farace <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I *have* to be missing something simple here, but I can't get the
>ftpaccess file to work, no matter what change I make.
>
>I have tried beta-11 and now I am running beta-12, on Solaris 2.5.1.  It
>compiled fine without any errors.  

I've used most of the beta's (up to 10) and most recently 12.  I
couldn't get ftpd to respect the file access rights for uploads.
The owner/group was fine, but files got dropped off with rw-rw-r--.
The only way around this for me was with the -u command line option.

I was using BDSI 2.01.  What specific option of ftpaccess couldn't
you get to work?

Thought: ensure that the ftpaccess file has the proper rights to
be read by the ftpd process launched by inetd.

Andrew
--
   Andrew Bennett
   [email-masked], [email-masked]
   http://taz.hyperreal.com/~abennett/

---

From: Michael Farace <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:20:34 -0800

> be read by the ftpd process launched by inetd.

I cannot get *any* part of the ftpaccess file working.  I have tried
banner and message commands, and deny commands - nothing works.  The
ftpaccess file is world read-able, so that should not be a problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mike Farace

---

From: Supak Lailert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:27:58 -0800

> ftpaccess file is world read-able, so that should not be a problem.

Did you use -a switch? It turns on the ftpaccess parsing. If you don't start ftpd 
with this switch, ftpaccess file is ignored.

Supak