Subject: Re: SecurID patches anyone?

From: Larry Goodwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 97 04:56:56 -0000

We use Secure ID cards for our Apple Remote Access connections here and 
would be interested in how ftp authentication might be implemented. There 
might be some people here that could help.
Hopefully someone has already got some of this going. I would think you 
could use the cards for both real and guest users.

Larry

Larry Goodwin
Mgr AppleSoft Engineering Services Office: 408-974-0520          
Apple Computer                     Pager:  800-539-7517 Pager w/voice mail
1 Infinite Loop                    Pager:  [email-masked]
Cupertino, CA 95014

---

From: Brian Murrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 17:02:59 -0800 (PST)

from the quill of Larry Goodwin <[email-masked]> on scroll
<[email-masked]>
> could use the cards for both real and guest users.

Doin' it right now.  It's almost done.  I'm adding an option such that if a
guest or real user's shell is */sdshell they are prompted for a SecurID
PASSCODE, otherwise real and guest users use the /etc/passwd entry.

Thots?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                                        [email-masked]
BCTel Advanced Communications                                   [email-masked]
Vancouver, B.C.                                                [email-masked]
604 454 5279

---

From: Mitch Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 17:31:20 -0800

I did something like this some years back.  What I did was make a patch to
allow wu-ftpd use the TIS fwtk's authd.  This way it would work with any
of the tokens/auth methods they supported (SNK, SecureID, Enigma, Skey, ...).

I've considered making it work with something more "standard" like a radius
server but there didn't seem to be sufficient interest.  I'd be happy to send
the patches I have to those interested...

do svidaniya,

  ~mitch

/* Brian Murrell [[email-masked]] writes: */