Subject: ftp-access ignored ?

From: Frank Scherthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:43:18 +0100 (NFT)

Hello,

I'm running wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta11 on an AIX3.2.5 and with some patches
everything seemed to work fine. 
I wrote in my ftpaccess-file:

passwd-check trivial enforce

but I can type even nothing at all, and I get logged in as an
anonymous-user :(

I made the folling permissions:

chmod no anonymous
delete no anonymous
rename no anonymous

but I can chmod, delete and rename files as an anonymous user...

What went wrong ? Has anyone an idea ?

So long and thanx for all the fish,
--
Frank Scherthan, in some places better known as
                                        _________________________________
 _____ _____ ____  _____ ____   |||||  |snail-mail:      |               |
|     |  _  |  _ \|  _  |  __|   O O   | Frank Scherthan | Tel.          |
|_   _| | | | | | | | | | |__    \_/   | Jahnstrasse 8   |  06341/       |
  | | | |_| | |_|/| | | |__  |  /   \  | 76833 Knoeringen|    960399     |
  | | |  _  |  _ \| | | |__| | ||   || |_________________|_______________|
  | | | | | | | | | |_| |    | |/   \| |email:                           |
  |_| |_| |_|_| |_|_____|____| )_____( |    [email-masked]    |
                               |__|__| |_________________________________|
For PGP-Public-Key: finger [email-masked]

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:20:37 -0500 (EST)

> but I can type even nothing at all, and I get logged in as an

I dunno why, but the defaults were changed.  You need to run with the -a
flag to have it read ftpaccess.  I use -laiou022.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key_______