Subject: Sol 2.5.1 Compile?

From: Patrick Durusau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:59:09 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling wu-ftpd 2.4 on a Solaris UltraSparc running 
Solaris 2.5.1.  I am using gcc 2.7.2 and when I run build sol, the script 
gives the error message:

Making support library.
rm -f libsupport.a
ac cq libsupport.a fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o authuser.o
sh: ar: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'all'

similar messages:

sh: yacc: not found

gcc: vers.o: No such file or directory (twice)

Yet all of those file are present in the appropriate locations. I assume 
this is some type of path problem but cannot hit upon what I should 
modify to correct it. (I did modify the Makefiles to use gcc instead of 
cc)

Suggestions or hints would be appreciated.

Patrick

Patrick Durusau
[email-masked]

---

From: "MD Frank Holzkamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 17:08:25 +0100

> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'all'

make shure that you have  /usr/ccs/bin in your path 

frank