Subject: getting 2.4.2 to log

From: "Bryan C. Liles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 07:58:36 -0500 (EST)

I need to get wu-ftpd 2.4.2 to log through syslog.  What entries do I need
in the syslog.conf file to make this happen?  I already have this:

ftp.*			/local/lib/ftp/ftplog

do I need anything else? 

I also have the -a and -l options in the inetd.conf file file

Any suggestions?

       Bryan Liles

---

From: [email-masked] (Alvin Oga)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:11:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bryan

your system might be different, but on my linux box,  ftp.* is not
a legal log "facilities" ( wu-ftpd does not use syslog ?? )

the ftp transfer activity shows up in  /var/log/xferlog  in my case
	( path defined in wu-ftpd *.h file somewhere )

have fun
alvin

>_ Bryan C. Liles wrote: