Subject: PAM for wu-ftpd

From: "Peter C. Norton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:47:40 -0500 (EST)

I just took a look inside the redhat wu-ftpd source distribution.  They
have a patch called wu-ftpd-2.4.2-pam.patch that I assume provides pam
support for wuftpd.  If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to send you the
patch.

-Peter

---

From: Norbert Crettol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 07:58:29 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Sorry, what is "pam" ?

Norbert

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Omedia sa              Av. de la Gare 38          CH1920 Martigny
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Norbert Crettol                                 Internet services
[email-masked]                                  connexions, conseil
++41 27 722 04 50     http://www.omedia.ch        creation de Web
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Karl O. Pinc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:28:47 -0600

>Norbert

Pluggable Authentication Modules.  A subroutine library supporting any sort of authentication(s) configurable by the system administrator on a per service basis without recompliation.  So, instead of having code in login which checks passwd, and duplicate code in rlogin along with additional code to check .rhosts, each can just call pam and the systems administrator can decide how each should authenticate users.

Karl                    e-mail: [email-masked], [email-masked]
----                public key: finger [email-masked]
Karl O. Pinc           e-tattoo: Ride hard and die free.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 11:05:21 -0500 (EST)

Can PAM be used if you want to authenticate users out of a database
instead of the passwd file ?

thanks for your help

-- 
Doug Courtney
[email-masked]
(908)949-3597

---

From: "Karl O. Pinc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:35:22 -0600

>instead of the passwd file ?

Yes.  See:

http://parc.power.net/morgan/libpwdb/html/pwdb.html

Karl

May the Legos (TM) always be swept from your path in the night.