Subject: Re: Needed static ls for Solaris 2.5

From: [email-masked] (Greg Shepherd)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:40:09 -0700

Great!

I've been following along loosly, but currently have too much on my plate
to spend time getting wuftpd completly functional on Sol2.5

Please announce when the Sol2.5 FAQ is available.

tia,

Greg

At 1:06 AM 1/31/97, Emil Isberg wrote:
>> Is it possible to download a static version of ls for Solaris 2.5 from
>> somewhere? I have tried without success to get the dynamic version working
>> (I combed the Dec/Jan archives, the guest-howto and the faq and seem to
>> have ended up in the same place as [email-masked]).
>
>Hmm .. http://www.mds.mdh.se/~cel95eig/
> or if you could download binary directly:
>       http://www.mds.mdh.se/~cel95eig/ls-static
>(why you should trust this binary? .. I'd say no .. don't trust any binary
>that you haven't make'd!! But I'll give you this one anyway, 'cause I use
>it myself .. :-)
>If you can't download it from there .. mail me and I'll uuencode it and
>send it by email to you ..
>
>> I've tried compiling a static-l from the gnu fileutils (v3.13) with the
>> patch posted here applied but get a bunch of ldd errors at link time.
>
>Hmmm .. could you mail me the output when you try to mak it?
>(with what linker/compiler you use!)
>
>> In return, I promise to provide a complete HOWTO document for Solaris
>> 2.5.x :-) for wu-ftpd, anon and guestgroup setup and make it available via
>> the web. Hopefully so the next person doesn't have to spend two days
>> piecing all the info together from various sources :-)
>
>Cool, I'll think I can mirror that one (when I finally get my page back up
>.. It took to much space, so I removed it .. ahh and free'd <10 % ..
>*sigh*)

=====================================================================
Greg Shepherd
Springfield Public Schools
Systems Engineer
(541) 726-3268
[email-masked]

"...It is somewhat of a rude awakening for many of these parents to
     find that America is facing a most serious situation regarding its
     popular music. Welfare workers tell us that never in the history of
     our land have there been such immoral conditions among our
     young people, and in the surveys made by many organizations
     regarding these conditions, the blame is laid on jazz music and its
     evil influence on the young people of today... That it has a
     demoralizing effect upon the human brain has been demonstrated
     by many scientists."
                                           - Ladies Home Journal, 1921
=====================================================================