Subject: ftp user

From: [email-masked] (Greg Shepherd)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:37:44 -0700

We're trying to get 2.4 up and running on a Sol2.5 box.

real users access fine, but user ftp (anonymous) can't get anything. Even
and ls command fails.

here is the error messages:

425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Greg

=====================================================================
Greg Shepherd
Springfield Public Schools
Systems Engineer
(541) 726-3268
[email-masked]

"...It is somewhat of a rude awakening for many of these parents to
     find that America is facing a most serious situation regarding its
     popular music. Welfare workers tell us that never in the history of
     our land have there been such immoral conditions among our
     young people, and in the surveys made by many organizations
     regarding these conditions, the blame is laid on jazz music and its
     evil influence on the young people of today... That it has a
     demoralizing effect upon the human brain has been demonstrated
     by many scientists."
                                           - Ladies Home Journal, 1921
=====================================================================

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:55:52 -0600 (CST)

> 425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

This is a very common question, and as such, is in the FAQ:

  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

There you'll find lots of solutions to potential problems with wu-ftpd and
Solaris 2.x.

Andy Ellsworth             | "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are
[email-masked]         | neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Assistant Admin, wuarchive | the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..."
http://cec.wustl.edu/~are1 |          --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan