Subject: problems compiling on Digital Unix

From: Darelle Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 18:18:49 +1100

I have been trying to compile wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-12 on a DEC running OSF1
3.2 and it complains about 
 
cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -Olimit 1000 -L../support -s -x -c ftpd.c
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2271: storage size for 'timeout'
isn't known
         struct timeval timeout;
 -----------------------^
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2271: Reference an expression of
void type or an incomplete type.
         struct timeval timeout;
 -----------------------^

I have deleted the part that reference FD_ZERO which contains the struct
statement and all is well.

What does FD_ZERO do and will it break anything if it is deleted?

Please reply directly as I'm not on the list. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Darelle Ng				email: [email-masked]
Information Technology Services		Phone: +61 3 9479 1609
La Trobe University			Fax:   +61 3 9479 1999
------------------------------------------------------------------