Subject: vftpd questions.

From: "Dave A. Flanigan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 09:13:14 -0500

Hello:

	I am running wu-2.4(11) on BSDI 2.1 with the virtual servers patches
installed. The patch installed fine, and I can now run the virtual servers
and log into them without a problem. My problem is this:

	When I ftp to one of the virtual servers, and I do an 'ls' I get nothing.
Even though there is info in the directory in questions, and I have
permison to read and execute that file. 
	I check permisions on the directory and the files. 

When I do an ls I just get the following:

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp>

	Could it be that it cannot find /bin/ls? Where should this be? I have it
in the real ~ftp/bin/ in the real /bin/ directory, the /bin of the virtual
server, and in the EXECPATH as specified when I installed the patches
(/bin/ftp-exec/).

	Any one have any idea? 
	Thanks in advance!

	Dave

Dave A. Flanigan, Systems Administrator, NewReach Communications Inc.

---

From: The Doctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:53:27 -0700 (MST)

> Dave A. Flanigan, Systems Administrator, NewReach Communications Inc.

Dave, I was the probably the person who pointed
out the security problem, (I think it is in my files somewhere)
since I am on wu-ftpd Mailing List and did forward the notice to BSDI
via bsdi-support (all right I will use bsdi-security next time).

What I do is to copy the basic ftp directory into a Home user's folder
and do the set-up similarly.