Subject: Logging stops on Irix 5.3

From: Scott Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 12:06:12 -0500

I have been contemplating switching our ftp server over to wu-ftpd.  I have
obtained and succesfully compiled both beta 11 and 12 of 2.4.2 on our SGI
Indy running Irix 5.3.  I only need to add the USE_ETC and USE_VAR
directives to the config.sgi file for all paths to work fine.  I am having
no trouble setting up my ftpaccess file and any logging options I choose
seem to work fine... until I unsuccessfully log into a non-anonymous
account.  After that, any session, whether anonymous or not, is not
recorded in my syslog.  The file transfers do make it to xferlog, however.

Sending a HUP signal to inetd restores wu-ftpd's ability to log to syslog.  

The only thing I can think of unique to my situation compared to other Irix
5.3 installations is that I am running the server on a non-standard port
until it is ready to go into use as the production server.  But this
shouldn't matter...

scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
scott jacobs                                             Interactive Magic
network administrator                       Strategy and Simulation Gaming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------