Subject: Re: Trouble Compiling wu-ftpd

From: Ahmad F Misron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 22:34:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Michael Tibor wrote:

> I've installed shadow passwords on my Linux machine (kernel 2.0.27), but
> I'm having some problems compiling wu-ftpd with shadow support.  I'm not
> a C programmer, so I can't tell much from the error message gcc
> returns.  I've attached all the messages up to the first error at the
> end of this message, in the hopes that someone will be able to tell at a
> quick glance what the problem may be.
> 
> Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
> 

Most questions answered by reading this FAQ:
http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

Good luck!

Ahmad

{A F Misron - BSc IT placement student, De Montfort University. }
(                                                               )
{65 Grasmere Street                                             }
{Leicester LE2 7DB              Tel(office) : +44-0115-9364046  }
{United Kingdom                 Tel(home)   : +44-0116-2236760  }

---

From: Michael Tibor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 14:07:52 -0900

> http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

Okay... I feel stupid now.  I had read that faq several times, but I
apparently missed one key item.

My problem was fixed by adding -DDIRENT_ILLEGAL_ACCESS to the CFLAGS
line in Makefile.lnx

Thanks!
Mike
-- 
Mike Tibor        University of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician    Consortium Library                (907) 786-6050 fax
http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/~tibor/    mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Gunnar Ingvi Thorisson)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:43:46 +0000 (GMT)

> -L../support -s   -c glob.c -o glob.o
> glob.c: In function `matchdir':
> glob.c:284: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make: *** [glob.o] Error 1

I'm having the same problem, since I upgraded my servers to 2.0.27 (and 
all the related libraries and software).

Someone know what is causing this problem and maybe how to fix this?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Gunni, [email-masked], [email-masked]