Subject: ls for guests

From: Norbert Crettol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:16:45 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Hi all

I'm testing wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on a Linux 1.2.13 ELF.

I'm running the daemon with this command line :

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/ftpd -a

I want to chroot my users. So I've setup a "guestgroup users" in 
/etc/ftpaccess. And I've created a user called say "test" and installed 
/home/test/bin/ls which is a statically linked ls I use on 
/home/ftp/bin/ls.

The problem is than if I ftp as anonymous, I can ls without problem, and 
if I ftp as "test", chroot works (pwd gives /) but I can't ls. ls makes 
simply nothing. I can cd relatively to /home/test, it works, but ls 
doesnt.

Has anybody had this problem ?

Norbert

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Omedia sa              Av. de la Gare 38          CH1920 Martigny
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Norbert Crettol                                 Internet services
[email-masked]                                  connexions, conseil
++41 27 722 04 50     http://www.omedia.ch        creation de Web
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Karl Hubner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 19:16:04 -0500

I discovered my problem... It was the permissions on /lib/rld
There was a posting in the archives(of course) with files and
permissions... very helpful!

http://ftp.sterling.com/wuftpd/mail-archive/wuftpd/0729.html