Subject: Slow Upload Problem

From: Shu Shimizu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 16:44:06 +0900

Hello all,

I am using wu_ftpd 2.4 for a while now.
We allow our customers to FTP as a real user and upload files. Recently, 
many users are complaining about SLOW uploading and we have no clue what 
might be the cause of this problem... They say it is not only slow but 
also they got dropped off in the middle of uploading a large file, thus 
have to start all over again.

We use 256K leased line. We tried to duplicate the problem but every time 
we upload some files, everything seems OK.
Majority of our users are located in Japan and we test the uploading 
performance in US. This might be the difference.
What is more confusing is that they say downloading files are very fast, 
so I think the problem is not due to a congested line somewhere between 
Japan and US.

We use wu_ftpd 2.4 and Linux 2.0.0.

Could anybody give me any solutions for this problem or what I should do to 
locate the problem (and fix it!)
Sorry for a newbie question, but any comments would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Shu Shimizu
Linx International Corporation

5240 N.Sheridan Rd. Ste 707
Chicago, IL 60640

PHONE:    773-728-5861
FAX:      773-728-5884
E-MAIL:   [email-masked]