Subject: Re: Restricted access by IP

From: Dirk Jahnke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:39:36 +0100

Hola Sysop,

> We only want that the 194.179.69.20 Ip with login encis and password
> restric can log on to his home chroot directory and if someone try to
> make a FTP with this login and password and not has the IP
> 194.179.69.20 reject his call

well, I'm completley new to this mailing-list, but there's a solution
apart from wu-ftpd, called tcp-wrapper. It monitors and controls TCP
and UDP connections. It even may booby trap intruders. Just have a look
at

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/tcp_wrapper.txt.Z

It's worth trying it!

--

Hasta luego, Dirk.

---                                                      <|
-----------------------------------------------------    /|
    Dirk Jahnke                                         / |\
TU Hamburg - Harburg http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/dj  | \
 - RECHENZENTRUM -   mailto:[email-masked]      /   |  \
 Denickestrasse 22                                  o/o   |   \
   21071 Hamburg     Tel. : +49-(0)40/7718-3364   __8_8___|____\
      GERMANY        Fax. : +49-(0)40/7718-2803   |            /
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
          X.400: C=de A=d400 P=tu-harburg S=jahnke