Subject: build install

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 08:42:16 +0100 (MET)

Quoting Jim Bird, who wrote :

> I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find
> the archive to this mailing list.  I compiled wu-ftpd just fine, but
> when I do a 'build install' I get errors concerning usage of the install
> command.  I sure could use the help!

There are two different archives. A pointer to both is in the FAQ for the
current versions of wu-ftpd, which also has the following item :

10. install fails with 'install: ..' 

The makefile is setup for the bsd version of the install program. Some
OS'es (including Solaris) use the svr4 version. In that case set in the
makefile :

INSTALL = /usr/ucb/install

The faq is at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

                                                    Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey      Fax: +31-30-2586290
  [email-masked] (Home)                      Workphone: +31-30-2586287
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"