Subject: Re: wu-ftpd-2.4 on HP-UX 10.20

From: Chuck Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 17:30:27 EST

> Does anyone have any tips on getting wu-ftpd to work on an HP-UX 10.20 trusted 
> system?  The problem I am having  now is that the passwords are not being 
> recognized.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Marly Deshommes
> 
> 

Yes.  (I took tips from the web site faq at:
	<URL:http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html> )

I'm running 10.10.  There was a lot more to it that installing the patch
recommended in the faq.  I used gcc/bison to build and ran into several
problems.  I'll be happy to share my changes, or, if everything built for
and you have just the trusted password problem, try the patch in the FAQ.
It worked for me w/o a hitch.

Regards,

Chuck Davis

---

From: Marly Deshommes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 11:46:10 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to compile it and get it to work by installing
the patch.

Marly Deshommes