Subject: Compile AIX 4.2

From: [email-masked] (Hapanovich, Craig)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 18:09 CST

I tried to compile wu-ftpd under AIX 4.2 and got these results:

"authuser.c", line 72.53: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment 
between types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

"authuser.c", line 80.53: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment 
between types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

"ftpd.c", line 276.55: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment between 
types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

"ftpd.c", line 283.56: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment between 
types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

"ftpd.c", line 1710.54: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment between 
types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

"ftpd.c", line 2482.60: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment between 
types "unsigned long*" and "int*" is not allowed.

     554  1500-010: (W) WARNING in main: Infinite loop.  Program may not 
stop.

"ftpcmd.y", line 371.18: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier cmdtab.

"ftpcmd.y", line 383.26: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier sitetab.

"ftpcmd.y", line 1057.36: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment 
between types "void(*)(int)" and "void(*)()" is not allowed.

"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of print_groups 
differs from previous declaration on line 683 of "ftpcmd.y".

"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-050 (I) Return type "void" in redeclaration 
is not compatible with the previous return type "int".

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

cc: 1501-228 input file vers.o not found

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 252.

Stop.

cc: 1501-228 input file vers.o not found

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 252.

Stop.

size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpd.

size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpcount.

size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpshut.

size: 0654-304 Cannot open bin/ftpwho.

    This was after following the installation instructions and using the 
supplied support/ftp.h.  

    Any ideas?

---

From: Larry Goodwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 96 16:54:25 -0800

Craig, I just went throught the same thing on my AIX 4.2 and AIX 4.1.3 
systems. I got some suggestions from people on the list. 
They were to use Beta 11 which has the 
"ftpcmd.y", line 371.18: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier cmdtab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 383.26: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier sitetab
fixed.

The vers.o problems were fixed by using GNU make.

The other errors don't seem to matter. The Beta version puts the ftpd in 
/etc and the other files in /usr/local/lib/ftpd/... You can edit the 
Makefile after the build to change some of the paths. The the 
src/pathnames file is different. Everthing seems to run fine but I have a 
lot of tesing to do.

BTY, I used xlC version 3.1.4 for the compiles.

Good luck. WU-ftp is worth the effort.

Larry

Larry Goodwin
Mgr AppleSoft Engineering Services Office: 408-974-0520          
Apple Computer                     Pager:  800-539-7517 Pager w/voice mail
1 Infinite Loop                    Pager:  [email-masked]
Cupertino, CA 95014