Subject: Problem compiling wu-ftpd-2.4 for Solaris 2.4.

From: "Tony O'Shea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:24:18 +0000

Dear sir,

I have tried to compile the above ftp product using Sunsoft Workshop 2.x
and could not, the following text is the output when compiling.

Could help or make some suggestions.

Regards,

Tony O'Shea.

#########################################

ake args are : 
make opts are : 

Linking Makefiles.
ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical ln:
config/config.sol and config.h are identical
ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical

Making support library.
cc -g -DDEBUG   -c strcasestr.c
"strcasestr.c", line 34: warning: const is a keyword in ANSI C
"strcasestr.c", line 34: syntax error before or at: char "strcasestr.c",
line 34: warning: undefined or missing type for: char "strcasestr.c",
line 34: parameter redeclared: const
"strcasestr.c", line 34: warning: undefined or missing type for: char
"strcasestr.c", line 40: undefined symbol: find
"strcasestr.c", line 40: cannot dereference non-pointer type
"strcasestr.c", line 44: undefined symbol: s
"strcasestr.c", line 44: cannot dereference non-pointer type
"strcasestr.c", line 47: undefined symbol: s
"strcasestr.c", line 50: undefined symbol: s *** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `strcasestr.o'

Making ftpd.
cc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support  -c  ftpd.c
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous
macro at "./config.h", line 15
"ftpd.c", line 1972: undefined symbol: typenames "ftpd.c", line 1972:
cannot dereference non-pointer type "ftpd.c", line 1974: undefined
symbol: formnames "ftpd.c", line 1974: cannot dereference non-pointer
type "ftpd.c", line 1982: undefined symbol: strunames "ftpd.c", line
1982: cannot dereference non-pointer type "ftpd.c", line 1982: undefined
symbol: modenames "ftpd.c", line 1982: cannot dereference non-pointer
type *** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd.o'

Making ftpcount.
cc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpcount ftpcount.c
vers.o -lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen 
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous
macro at "./config.h", line 15
ld: fatal: file vers.o: cannot open file; errno=2 ld: fatal: library -
lsupport: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ftpcount ***
Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpcount'

Making ftpshut.
cc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpshut ftpshut.c vers.o
-lsupport -lsocket -lnsl -lgen "/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119:
macro L_INCR redefines previous macro at "./config.h", line 15
ld: fatal: file vers.o: cannot open file; errno=2 ld: fatal: library -
lsupport: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ftpshut ***
Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpshut'

Making ckconfig.
`ckconfig' is up to date.
ln: ../src/ckconfig and ckconfig are identical

Links to executables are in bin directory: size: bin/ftpd: cannot open
size: bin/ftpcount: cannot open
size: bin/ftpshut: cannot open
size: bin/ftpwho: cannot open
bin/ckconfig: 3656 + 1776 + 320 = 5752 Done