Subject: What's happening next..?

From: Vincent Cojot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 19:12:36 -0500 (EST)

Dear fellow users/admins of wu-ftpd,

	I have been on this list for a while and I think that I have seen
quite a few patches on it since Beta-11 came out. Some of the patches were
fixing bugs to the core functionnality of wu-ftpd, others were extending
the functionnality.. most of them would be nice to have in the future
release of wu-ftpd. Do people who issue those patches send them all by
mail _also_ to Stan Barber ([email-masked])? Is stan still
working on a future release of wu-ftpd incorporating some of these
patches? That would be very nice if all these efforts could be coordinated
and incorporated into the next release. Forgive me if this question has
been asked recently but I was just wondering... 

PS: Just in case.. I usually archive most patches sent to the list, in
case someone (Stan?) missed some and needs them to add to a new release.. 

,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,
Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering. STEP project. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,.
Linux Xview/OpenLook resources page _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._ [email-masked]
http://www.info.polymtl.ca/~coyote  _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._ [email-masked]

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:52:30 -0500 (EST)

> been asked recently but I was just wondering... 

:-)
Yes, I've the same questions too
somebody kind enough to give some inputs ???

====
two cents
===
I update my free software for 3 reasons(in order)
1- security 
2- bug fixes
3- new features

I've seen a lot of patches floating in this lists. But none
will fall under the 3 reasons above. Some are questionnable,
other are fixes particular to an OS, or just a question of view point on the
``right'' behaviour of ftpd. (BTW some are really nice 8)

If you have time to come up with a ``release''(Beta, Alpha, official, 
non-official I don't care) if this version can check one+ of the above
mention reasons, Well I'll be the first to knock on your door (door number
21 that is ;-)

--
Joyeux Noe:l, alain

---

From: Naeem Bari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:29:32 -0600 (CST)

I have the same question and a proposal. I am one of the engineers at ONC
in Washington University. I help run wuarchive and this mailing list among
other things. If no one is currently taking care of wu-ftpd's source tree
I would like to volunteer. I don't mind scrounging up the patches floating
around and releasing a patched up version when appropriate. 

BTW, I personally am new to wu-ftpd, and will be going through our mail
archives to bring myself up to speed. I replaced Brian O Connor, for those
who are interested.

Any comments/suggestions/flames will be cheerfully awaited.

Regards,
naeem

> mention reasons, Well I'll be the first to knock on your door (door number

-------------------------------------------------------------
Naeem Bari			Tel: (314) 935-4865
Software/Network Engineer	Fax: (314) 935-7142
Office of the N/W Coordinator	[email-masked]
Washington U. in St. Louis	http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~naeem
--------------------------------------------------------------