Subject: Re: help!, No one can login, even anon

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:53:33 GMT

I don't know tha background to your problem but this may be worth a mention.
My wu-ftp stopped everyone logging in once because my ftphosts file
was longer than the maximum allowed ( 100 lines by default for wuftp 2.4 )
Maybe this is your case. Maybe the same limit applies to the ftpaccess file
as well ? Also what errors are shown in /var/adm/messages when access is
denied ?

Anthony

> 
> Alex, 
> 
> I am having the same problem.  With me, it is when I use the /etc/ftpaccess
> file.  When I give ftpd the -A switch (which tells ftpd not to use the
> /etc/ftpaccess file) everything works fine.  Of course, without the use
> of the /etc/ftpaccess file, it is just like normal ftp daemons.  If anyone
> has any ideas, please let me know.
> 
> Clyde Hurst
>