Subject: Execution of programs within ftp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:40:31 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone supply or point me to info on wrapping wuftp so that as a
client is about to download or finished downloading some other
programs can be run and results of these other programs can be
displayed back to the user during the users session. One way would be
just modifiy the code at the appropriate place to exec the desired
program, but I was looking for something more standard.

Thanks in advance

Doug

-- 
Doug Courtney
[email-masked]
(908)949-3597

---

From: "Karl O. Pinc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:43:02 -0600

>program, but I was looking for something more standard.

Use tcpwrappers with TWIST.  Send lines beginning with 220 to standard out
(see ftp protocol rfc for syntax details.)  Tcpwrappers can be found at
purdue, somewhere.  Pointer at http://www.meme.com/soft.

Karl

May the Legos (TM) always be swept from your path in the night.