Subject: building wu-ftpd on aix

From: Yahia Alaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 1990 16:38:55 +0000

Hi, everybody,

I 've tried to install wu-ftpd these last days, insuccessfully on aix on
risc/6000 E20.

I've followed the steps of the file Installation Instructions,
i've read the faq, and some messages of this mailling-list, but i've not
found the solution to my problem.

I've had the messages about strunames, typenames, ... and i've installed
support/ftp.h, but now the building is giving me message about cmdtab,
sitetab, ... undeclared.

Below, the message i've got, when i proceed to build aix. 

<< Making ftpd.
        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
     554  1500-010: (W) WARNING in main: Infinite loop.  Program may not
stop.
        yacc  ftpcmd.y
        mv y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpcmd.c
"ftpcmd.y", line 371.18: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier cmdtab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 383.26: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier sitetab.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1057.36: 1506-280 (W) Function argument assignment
between type
s "void(*)(int)" and "void(*)()" is not allowed.
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of print_groups
differs from
 previous declaration on line 683 of "ftpcmd.y".
"ftpcmd.y", line 1519.1: 1506-050 (I) Return type "void" in
redeclaration is not
 compatible with the previous return type "int". >>

thank you in advances for your helps

Yahia Alaoui

---

From: Yahia Alaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 1990 10:42:44 +0000

Yard, John wrote:
> 
> What level are you at ? I got the same error, and copied code moded by my
> manager and it compiled sucessfully,
> 
> John Yard
> [email-masked]
> 

Please, may i have this code ?
It will be very helpfull.

I am in the managing staff, and noone from the staff has an idea.

Thanks,

Yahia Alaoui