Subject: [PATCH] Jedipatch#2

From: "Frank DENIS \(Jedi/Sector One\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:35:50 -0500 (EST)

Changes from Jedipatch#1 :
			 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    
- Idle servers bug removal.
Patch suggered by Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>    

- Ehanced virtual FTP support.
Patch send by Scott Barker <[email-masked]>

------------------------------ Scott said : ----------------------------------

Primarily, I allowed for hostnames as well as ip numbers in the ftpaccess
file. I also had the code use the first instance of each "virtual" command in
the ftpaccess file, rather than parsing the whole acl list and using the last
instance.

Also, I removed the code for what must have been the "old way" of handling
virtual domains, since it's not documented anyway.

I added a feature of my own (RESTRICTED_VIRTUAL_ADMIN) which allows remote
administration of a virtual ftp site by a single admin account, which is
restricted by chroot() to it's own account, and need not have a valid shell
(thus allowing for /bin/false shells to restrict the remote admin to ftp
only, and prevent the remote admin from accessessing anything but their own
virtual site via ftp).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The built-in 'ls' didn't deal with command-line options. This is now
( lazily ) fixed.

- Non-anonymous clients that use the built-in ls due to the NO_EXEC option
will now read the real group and owner.

- Two distinct Linux configurations are now provided.
  ./build lnx -> build wuftp for Linux without shadow passwords
  ./build lns -> for Linux with shadow passwords
  
  The source was also patched to compile fine with Linux 2.1.x and libc
5.x.y .

  This patch and the whole patched source code are also available from
ftp://ftp.edit.fr/pub/j/patches .

Ps: Adding a built-in 'ls' is not only getting the source code of GNU ls
and renaming 'main' to 'ls_main'. You will also have to parse differently
each argument, scan and match regular expressions and output the result to
a socket with the right protocol. This patch implements all of this and
the core of the 'ls' source code ARE taken from the GNU ls.

  Best regards, Frank.
--
>Edit-Online<  International translations, multilanguage WWW creation & hosting
 Europe, Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, Bangkok, Bombay, Washington, Rio, Buenos-Aires
  <(=-  [http://www.edit-online.com/] <*> [ftp://ftp.edit-online.com/]  -=)>
Frank DENIS aka Jedi/Sector One, network system administrator. Email: [email-masked]