Subject: HELP WITH CONF

From: "Webmaster BR@ZNET" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 19:10:47 +0000 ()

maybe you can give me some light.
i have read the faqs i found about wu-ftpd and tried to search this 
mailing list but aparently nothing similar was comented in any 
circumstances.

i have installed wu-ftpd without problems but now i am having 
difficulties to configure it properly.

i have 3 kinds of users:

- anonymous: that should have access only to the pub directory.

- users: that should have access only to home/"his own directory"
         and the pub directory.

- master: access to all directories but as non-priviliged user. 

the "anonymous" and the "users" type cannot have access to the directories 
below their directory three.

my question is.
can this be done with wu-ftpd?
if yes, please give me some clues how.

thanks in advance for any replies and help.
kindest regards.
paulo b. bloedorn
braznet - brazil.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:40:10 -0600 (CST)

Take a look at the guest howto below for the "users" type of access.  Pay
close attention to it, and it should do what you want.  You will also need
to set up the same 'ls' type structure for anonymous ftp.

   -- Michael

> below their directory three.

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

wu-ftpd FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html
              OR
              send mail to [email-masked]
              with a subject line: send faq

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto
              OR
              send mail to "[email-masked]"
              (immediate autoresponder; subject does not matter)

There are additional security references in the above docs.