Subject: Group Controls...

From: [email-masked] (Mauricio F. Nogueira - Webmaster)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 18:28:14 -0200

I'm configuring wu-ftp2.4 on a Sun Ultra Sparc station running Solaris
2.5 for group controls.

Anonymous ftp is working...

The chroot ()ed seems to be working...

...in the /etc/passwd:

cabeyou:x:6376:500:wuftp_user:/xxx/yyy/./cabeyou:/bin/sh

...but the commands do not work:

230 User cabeyou logged in.  Access restrictions apply.
ftp> pwd
257 "/cabeyou" is current directory.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.
ftp> ls -la
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.
ftp> put .profile
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Is it necessary to have a ftp structure ( with etc,dev,...) in the
/xxx/yyy directory?

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards...

+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+
| Mauricio Freitas Nogueira                                                 |
| Telnet / WorldNet - Internet Service Provider                             |
| http://www.telnet.com.br						    |
+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+
| Henrique Monteiro,90 - 9th Floor   Phone/Fax : 55-11-816-5330             |
| Sao Paulo - SP                     Data-phone: 55-11-816-5888             |
| 05423-020 BRAZIL                   E-mail:[email-masked] 	    |
+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:19:00 +0100 (MET)

> Is it necessary to have a ftp structure ( with etc,dev,...) in the

Yes. Every filesystem root needs its dev, etc and lib to work.

Which ones exactly depend on operating system version.

				       Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"

---

From: [email-masked] (Pedro Melo)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:12:02 GMT

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:19:00 +0100 (MET), [email-masked] (Koos van den

>Which ones exactly depend on operating system version.

And on solaris, you can check th ORIGINAL man page for in.ftpd. wuftpd
install process overwrites it... :(

Check the original in.ftpd man page for a script that does most of the work
for you. i only changed some of the perms...

Melo
--
************** Pedro Melo ([email-masked]) BOFH ******************
*   TELENET, Servicos de Telecomunicacoes, SA - Tel +351 1 3871010   *
* finger [email-masked] or search key servers for PGP key *
*           It's management's job to support the geniouses,          *
*                      not to tell them what to do                   *
**********************************************************************