Subject: Re: Password is appearing in syslog

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:54:32 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I was recently having trouble with password appearing in the syslog
when using wu-ftpd-2.4.2b11 in -d (debug) mode.  To fix that I modified
ftpcmd.y to include the following lines:

if (debug){
                if (strstr(s,"PASS") != NULL)
                    syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "command: %s", "password");
                else
                    syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "command: %s", s);
}

Maybe you will find this useful.

Pete Ruprecht

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 18:21:55 -0600 (CST)

If you are going to post this type of thing, please save the original
file, modify a copy, and do a 'diff -u oldfile newfile > patchfile'.  Then
post the patchfile.  Otherwise examples below are ambiguous and can cause
people to patch the wrong thing and thus introduce more/worse errors. 

   -- Michael    ([email-masked])