Subject: chroot problem..

From: Alan Halachmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 09:29:05 -0600 (CST)

I setup a virtual ftp site and it works great.  However, I need a user to 
be able to access his own dir and manipulate its contents.  I seem to 
have set everything up correctly because when he logs in it says `User 
hisusername logged in.  Access Restrictions Apply`.  However, the server 
isn't doing a chroot!  I have the passwd files that say /his/dir/./ but 
that isn't working.  I've built the appropriate bin and etc dirs... 
What's not working...I'm happy to field questions as to certain 
configurations, but I think I've done it all correctly... Is there a bug 
in the beta-11 verion?

Alan Halachmi
[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Halachmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 09:43:16 -0600 (CST)

If it helps any, I tried to log onto the `real` ftp server and got the 
message:
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Help!,
Alan