Subject: Re: guest accounts question 2

From: Larry Goodwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 96 11:04:15 -0800

Thom, The guest account instructions talk about 2 options for this.
1) change the /src/ftpd.c file to int use_accessfile = 0; to int 
use_accessfile = 1;

or 

2) use the -a flag in the /etc/inetd.conf file when starting ftpd
BTY: there are other options you can use there also.

-L log user commands to syslog file
-i log incoming (uploaded files) to the xferlog
-o log outgoing (downloaded files)  to the xfer log
-a enables the access file
-A disables the access file
-d sends debugging info to syslog

These are in the nutshell book.

hope this helps.

Larry Goodwin
Mgr AppleSoft Engineering Services Office: 408-974-0520          
Apple Computer                     Pager:  800-539-7517 Pager w/voice mail
1 Infinite Loop                    Pager:  [email-masked]
Cupertino, CA 95014