Subject: Odd problem with virtual ftp

From: Rob Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 09:44:49 -0500 (EST)

I don't know if this has been reported or not.  When i try to ftp into a 
virtual server, if i put in my full e-mail address for the password to 
anonymous i am let it.  

If i put in just rob@ or just rob, i get an error 421 Service not available, 
message.  I had anonymous ftp set up to accept any response to the password 
for the main ftp, but it apparently did not cascade to my virtual ftp.  Is 
there something i missed in the settings?

Rob

---

From: furio ercolessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 20:07:03 MET

> there something i missed in the settings?

I am experiencing a syndrome where the password has to be at least
8 characters long , otherwise I get '421 Service not available'.
This is also true for anonymous ftp.

Your problem may be of a different nature, of course, but just
out of curiosity can you try using, for instance,'robrobrob'
as a password?

furio ercolessi