Subject: can't create data socket (or find a faq)

From: David Schlussel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 12:42:17 -0800 (PST)

(maybe the answer to the subscribe message should point to a faq)

here's my problem:

i'm running wu-ftpd-2.4 on solaris2.5
i'd like to use the guestgroup function, and it seems to work
successfully.

this is the setup

/usr/local/etc/ftpaccess:guestgroup ftpgroup1
/etc/passwd:ftpguy1:x:2002:401:test ftp user \
				2:/ftp/./dir1:/usr/local/etc/ftponly
/etc/group:ftpgroup1::401:

i log in like that and most of the time when an ls is issued, we get
this...

ftp> ls 
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

if a regular user (me) ftps in, i have no trouble.

anyone else experience this/know what's up/can tell me where there's a
FAQ?

thanks,
 
-David

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 15:25:14 -0600 (CST)

The wu-ftpd FAQ resides at:

http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+