Subject: Segmentation Violation on sunOS 4.1.3

From: [email-masked] (Keith Iverson)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 09:13:41 -0800 (PST)

Anyone with some insight, similar experiences and suggestions, all input
would be appreciated.  I have my archive configured the way I need and I
know that it operates correctly since I have tested it using the default
in.ftpd that comes with sunOS 4.1.3.  The problem is implementing wu-ftpd. 
I compiled it without a hitch and added it to inetd.conf, problem occurs
when I try to connect.  My banner displays properly followed by the login
prompt.  No matter what name I enter, real user or anonymous, it crashes
before it reaches the password prompt.  The error I get from ftp is
"Service not available" the error I get in the logs is signal 11 or
Segmentation Violation error.  I have found very little info regarding 
sunOS 4.1.3 and WU-FTPD, so any insight would be appreciated and can be 
sent directly to me at [email-masked]. 

-Keith
<======================================================>

---

From: "Misja van Wijhe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 14:58:33 +0100

On Dec 5,  9:13am, Keith Iverson wrote:
> Subject: Segmentation Violation on sunOS 4.1.3

I have the same problem , only I dont even get a login prompt ,
al I get is Service not available .......

Misja van Wijhe
Alcatel Telecom Netherlands