Subject: Threaded wuftpd

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:20:52 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
I'm new to this list, so my first question which may have been asked
before is: Can anyone provide information about work that has been
done to create a threaded version of the wuftpd server.

Thanks

Doug Courtney

---

From: Webmaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:35:48 -0500

> done to create a threaded version of the wuftpd server.
I don't know if anyone has but I have to ask: Why?

When in the inetd process, every user that logs in gets his very own
instance of ftpd, doesn't he? Because ftpd transfers files, and is
therefore bound to the disk, what advantages are there to multithreaded
ftpd's?
-- 
Rob Perkins
ALLTEL InterNet Webmaster