Subject: Anonymous user get logged out

From: "Paul Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 17:32:05 +0000

Hi All

Using wu-ftpd 2.4 beta 11 on Linux 1.2.13

The problem is as follows :-

Some users can not login anonymously. I can regenerate this 
problem when using my personal dial-up account (which uses another 
ISP).

What actualy happens is that the connection is dropped directly after 
entering a password. Occasionaly I manage to see the first few lines 
of the welcome message. Real users can login perfectly on the same 
link !

There is nothing to bar any system from accessing the system in 
any of the /etc/ftp* files, and the wu-ftpd program is compiled with 
the RFC931 set to 0 in the authentification.h file.

I started to look at tcpd, the wrapper for wu-ftpd. After speaking to 
one of the source maintainers he explained that could not be causing 
the problem as it would disconnect all users, not just anaonymous 
ones.

Anyway if anyone can shed some light on this I would very must 
appreciate it.

Cheers
Paul
________________________________________________________
N e t C u l t u r e   -  Web Hosting
Web: www.NetCulture.net  -  Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +33 1 45 22 00 02   -  Fax: +33 1 45 22 00 52
1 rue Lemercier, 75017 Paris, France