Subject: Re: anonymous ls -l

From: [email-masked] (Pavel Kolesnikov)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:47:41 +0300

Hello,

Thank Serge Bezzubov and Neal Pressman very much for their help.
They were quite right. I use NIS+ and I need "nss_nisplus.so.1" library into "~ftp/usr/lib".
I have just added it and it works fine. My "~ftp/usr/lib" directory now looks like :

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      24576 Oct 31 20:14 ld.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     137160 Oct 31 20:14 ld.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     662764 Oct 31 20:14 libc.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       2564 Oct 31 20:14 libdl.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      15720 Oct 31 20:14 libintl.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      15720 Nov  1 16:27 libmp.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     566700 Oct 31 20:14 libnsl.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      68780 Nov  1 16:28 libsocket.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      39932 Oct 31 20:14 libw.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      15632 Oct 31 20:14 nss_compat.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      10804 Oct 31 20:14 nss_dns.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      21144 Oct 31 20:14 nss_files.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      24404 Oct 31 20:14 nss_nis.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      28844 Nov  1 16:25 nss_nisplus.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       9312 Oct 31 20:14 straddr.so

> From [email-masked] Fri Nov  1 16:15 W-S 1996
> Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 15:50:47 +0300 (MSK)
> From: Serge Bezzubov <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: anonymous  ls -l
> X-Listprocessor-Version: 7.1 -- ListProcessor by CREN
> 
> 
> > From [email-masked] Fri Nov  1 11:53 MSK 1996
> > Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:17:15 +0300
> > From: [email-masked] (Pavel Kolesnikov)
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: anonymous  ls -l
> > Mime-Version: 1.0
> > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> > Content-MD5: tLFR0dxccohqHoFB8F0lUw==
> > X-Listprocessor-Version: 7.1 -- ListProcessor by CREN
> > 
> > 
> > I just installed "wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11" under Solaris 2.5.1 yesterday.
> > It looks working except "ls -l" for anonymous user. It lists only the 
> > owner and group numbers but not as manes.
> > 
> > I have "~ftp/etc" directory with permissions "dr-xr-xr-x" plus appropriate
> > files:
> > 
> > -r--r--r--   1 root     other        278 Oct 31 20:14 group
> > -r--r--r--   1 root     other       1064 Oct 31 20:14 netconfig
> > -r--r--r--   1 root     other       1184 Oct 31 20:14 nsswitch.conf
> > -r--r--r--   1 root     other        550 Oct 31 20:14 passwd
> > 
> > 
> > Does anybody know what the problem is ?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > 
> I had the same problem you are experiencing. The problem has gone when
> I added nss_files.so.1 library to the ~ftp/usr/lib. If you are using
> NIS or NIS+ you probably should add nss_nis.so.1 or nss_nisplus.so 1
> respectively.
> 
> Hope this helps.
> Serge Bezzubov <[email-masked]>
> YNC, Yaroslavl, Russia

---

From: Bob Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 11:26:13 -0800

> I have just added it and it works fine. My "~ftp/usr/lib" directory now looks like :
...
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      15720 Nov  1 16:27 libmp.so.1
...

Thanks for the full list Pavel; I found that I was missing libmp.so.1,
and that was
creating the problem.  Adding that library solved the problem for me.

-- 
Bob Myers                              InteleNet Communications, Inc.
Email: [email-masked]               30 Executive Park, Suite 150
Phone: 714-851-8250 x227               Irvine, CA 92614
Fax:   714-851-1088                    http://www.intelenet.net/