Subject: Re: 'ps -ef' output

From: Rob Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:05:59 -0600

At 06:05 PM 11/13/96 EST, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>wu-ftpd is nice.  A lot more configurable than the standard that came w/
>our system.  However there was one feature of the old default server that
>wuftpd doesn't seem to support:
>
>We're running HP-UX 10.10.  When using the default HP ftpd and I type 
>'ps -ef | grep ftp' I get something like the following:
>
>   root 19813   591  0 0:42    ftpd 131.120.59.51: dmdc: STOR GAIN9093.TXT
>   root 21218   591  0 0:00    ftpd 128.183.36.23: anonymous/junk@: TYPE I  
>
>With wuftpd running and typing the same command I get:
>
>    root 20997   591  0 16:49:25 ?         0:07 ftpd -a -l
>
>The 1st shows who's connected from where doing what.  The 2nd just spits
>out the entry from /etc/inetd.conf.  Of course I can disect who is doing
>what from the syslog and netstat, etc.  But I am wondering is there a way
>to get wuftpd to display more info via ps?  'ps -ef | grep ftp' is a very
>handy way to keep track of transfers, etc, some of which take several hours.
>
>Any advice?
>

Have you tried running `ftpwho`. It should have been avaliable with wu-ftpd.

-Rob

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|     _/     _/ _/_/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/      Rob Allen                  |
|    _/_/   _/     _/     _/              Internet Administrator     |
|   _/ _/  _/     _/       _/_/_/         NTS Communications, Inc.   |
|  _/   _/_/     _/             _/        (806) 762-4565 ext. 4110   |
| _/     _/     _/       _/_/_/_/         E-Mail: [email-masked]    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+