Subject: ftpd: exiting on signal 11

From: "Paul Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:45:17 +0000

Hi All

A user is having a problem attaching to our wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta 11 server.

The user can connect sometimes, other times not. They connect from a 
domain called sct.fr

Now when they attach via their PPP account 194.206.163.40 
(paris22-040.sct.fr) all works ok.

Sometimes when they connect, they are given the IP of 194.250.139.20 
(pm3-067.sct.fr). This causes the ftp client to start to get the 
welcome.msg but then it gets disconnected. The logs show the 
following :-

messages
Nov 26 14:51:41 web5 wu.ftpd[585]: connect from pm3-067.sct.fr
Nov 26 14:51:41 web5 ftpd[585]: VirtualFTP Connect to: 194.250.139.20

syslog
Nov 26 14:51:41 web5 ftpd[585]: VirtualFTP Connect to: 194.250.139.20
Nov 26 14:51:41 web5 last message repeated 2 times 
Nov 26 14:51:42 web5 ftpd[585]: exiting on signal 11

The problem has been shown to be apparent by users attaching via 
msn.com also.

This only happens when they attach anonymously (very odd). The server 
works perfectly from all other systems.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Paul
________________________________________________________
N e t C u l t u r e   -  Web Hosting
Web: www.NetCulture.net  -  Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +33 1 45 22 00 02   -  Fax: +33 1 45 22 00 52
1 rue Lemercier, 75017 Paris, France