Subject: No Subject

From: [email-masked] (Yard, John)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:48:06 -0800

Dear Sir,

join [email-masked] [email-masked]

---

From: Chuck Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 9:47:08 EST

This ain't the way to join.  You sent this msg to all the subscribers.
Instructions from the wu-ftpd home page are:
 (http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html)

   To subscribe, send a mail message with a body of 
	SUBSCRIBE WU-FTPD <your full name> 
   to the list server [email-masked]. 

   To unsubscribe, send a mail message with a body of 
	UNSUBSCRIBE WU-FTPD
   to the list server [email-masked]. 

   To send mail to all people on the list, send it to [email-masked]. 

You'll get a confirmation message w/in a few hours.  Be sure to keep that
message.  Be sure to send the message from the account where you want the
subscription to be sent.

Regards,

Chuck Davis

---

From: Chuck Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:19:57 EST

> Would probably be a good idea to include the sender to the reply
> as CC, since i don't think he's subscribed yet ;)
> 

Silly me, I realized the error of my ways immediately upon hitting that send
key.  I then forwarded it on to him...

Consistency among mail list would be nice - it seems that the reply-to
field is never the same.  I always either reply to the sender when I want
the list or I reply to the list when I want the sender.  Someday I'll
learn...

Cheers...

...Chuck

---

From: Oliver Stoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:10:09 +0100

Oliver