Subject: working with the class option....

From: Rob Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:31:50 -0600

Is there an FAQ for WU-FTPD? 

I am trying to use the class parameter in /etc/ftpaccess like this:

class	local	real,guest,anonymous	*.ntscom.com
class	remote	real,guest,anonymous	*

limit	local	50	Any	/usr/local/lib/ftpd/msg.toomany
limit	remote	20	Any	/usr/local/lib/ftpd/msg.toomany

What happens is that when I log into the server anonymously from the
ntscom.com domain and then do a `ftpwho` from another shell account I get
this:

Service class local:
   -    1 users ( 50 maximum)

Service class remote:
   -    0 users ( 20 maximum)

When I log onto the server as a real user this is what I get:

Service class local:
   -    0 users ( 50 maximum)

Service class remote:
   -    0 users ( 20 maximum)

You will notice that it doesn't add the real user to the local class, and
there for doesn't let me limit the number of real users online.

System Info:
Linux 2.0.24 DEC/ALPHA 
Red Hat 4.0
wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11](1)

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
-Rob
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
|     _/     _/ _/_/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/      Rob Allen                  |
|    _/_/   _/     _/     _/              Internet Administrator     |
|   _/ _/  _/     _/       _/_/_/         NTS Communications, Inc.   |
|  _/   _/_/     _/             _/        (806) 762-4565 ext. 4110   |
| _/     _/     _/       _/_/_/_/         E-Mail: [email-masked]    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+