Subject: EST vs GMT on SGI WUFTPD versions

From: "Roger A. Hanke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:01:55 -0500

Dear WUFTPD'ers,
 Finally got my Sun installations of WUFTPD to correctly use EST dates
and times. I had forgotton the timezone files, but once I copied them under
the necessary chroot locations my times and dates were correct.

 But on SGI those files dont exist. Furthermore by doing a par (SGI's
flavor of truss :-( I can see that SGI isnt looking for any files it cant find.
When I set up a chroot account to have a home directory of / and to be
chroot'd to / I still have the time and date problem with WUFTPD. Essentially
all files are created 5 hours in the future (GMT vs EST). I have confirmed 
that running chroot . /bin/ls -l on a guests chrooted area does produce 
the true EST times. Only when I come in thru the WUFTPD server do I 
see the GMT times being used. Coming in the native SGI FTP server
does not have this problem (nor is it chrooted of course ;-)

 Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
	Thanx,
	Roger Hanke

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 Roger A. Hanke         AT&T Easy World Wide Web Service
 (908)949-4091          [email-masked] or
 FAX (908)949-7171              [email-masked]
 HO 6C-111              http://lynxhub.ho.att.com/~rah/	
-------------------------------------------------------------------