Subject: Ftp control

From: [email-masked] (Sysop)
Date: 24 Oct 1996 21:57:32 WET

Is there anyway to limit ftp users to certain directory? and How ?
Such as their own directory (cannot go up), or one level up (the
/usr/home directory). These users can only ftp to the server (no telnet
access)
with passwords. They are not anonymous ftp users and the home directory
not was under FTP home

Thanks for your time.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 16:18:01 -0500 (CDT)

One more time: guest FTP.  Retrieve the howto below and study it
carefully.

   -- Michael

On 24 Oct 1996, Sysop wrote:

> Is there anyway to limit ftp users to certain directory? and How ?  Such
> as their own directory (cannot go up), or one level up (the /usr/home
> directory). These users can only ftp to the server (no telnet access) 

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

WU-FTPD FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto

There are additional security references in the above docs.