Subject: A -recent- wu-ftpd mailing list archive

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 17:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

I stumbled across an excellent wu-ftpd mailing list archive that I hadn't
heard of before (to my knowledge, and according to the FAQ, the only
decent one is the one at NASA, which is horribly outdated).  

The URL is:

   http://ftp.sterling.com/wuftpd/mail-archive/

Note that the http:// is crucial here because ftp.sterling.com is NOT the
same site as www.sterling.com (go figure).  There's also a lot of good
wu-ftpd-related stuff in /wuftpd/.

They appear to have all messages archived, starting 2/15/95, so if you're
looking for something earlier than that, you might try the old NASA one.

The only drawback is that all of the messages are in one big chunk;
there's no search engine.  

Apologies if this is old news to anyone, but I hadn't seen mention of it
and was quite overjoyed to find that someone somewhere is archiving all of
this info.

(Koos -- I didn't see mention of this site in the FAQ; perhaps an addition
is in order?)

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 13:31:38 -0400 (EDT)

>    http://ftp.sterling.com/wuftpd/mail-archive/

:-) c0oL

[....]

> and was quite overjoyed to find that someone somewhere is archiving all of

I've been archiving wu-ftpd
since Aug 29 1996 'til then

I've also MHonarc(mail-archive --> html)
If somebody find this usefull I can make it available.
It's now only available to McGill University Community

--
cheers, alain

P.S: what's wrong with the Mailing list, I'm receiving by burst(nothing
    for a while then suddlenly my mbox is full) and also having
    bounce back