Subject: Re: Anonymous uploads are owned by wrong user?

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 08:51:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Quoting John Murtari, who wrote :

> file.  I can do uploads to /thebook/incoming, but the files endup being owned by the
> "ftp" user and not "thebook". The user "thebook" has a password in the
> REAL machine /etc/passwd, I did not create a separate password file in
> the /pub/ftp/etc.

Is the upload dir by any chance NFS mounted ???

> Haven't seen the FAQ for wu-ftpd, is there a web site for one?

http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

> # specify the upload directory information
> upload  /pub/ftp  *             no
> upload  /pub/ftp  /thebook/incoming     yes     thebook   www  0600 dirs
> upload  /pub/ftp  /bin          no
> upload  /pub/ftp  /etc          no

                                            Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE