Subject: Problem in Digital Unix 3.2D with C2 security

From: Okan Tarhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 19:55:35 +0200

Maybe you have mentioned before, but I'm a new subscriber and I couldn't
get any answer from the logs.

We're running Digital Unix 3.2D with C2 security and I tried to install
wu-ftpd-academia version. After compiling and restarting the inetd I got
login incorrect messages when I tried to do a ftp. I checked the
configurations (cp'ing /etc/sia under ~ftp/etc, or adding LIBES =
-lsupport -lsecurity -laud line into the src/makefiles/Makefile.osf,
etc..) and still couldn't resolve the problem. Then I turned back to BSD
level, hey it worked. And returned to C2 now everthing was fine. After
all I tried to add a new user and I realized with the same error :(
Thanks for all who makes a comment for this problem.

Okan Tarhan

---

From: Scot Needy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 13:16:08 -0500

Hi;

 I believe under C2 security 
 you authenticating password file is nolonger in /etc/passwd 
 
 You may want to start poking around the there.
 
 The DEC documentation is now online!
 
  http://sawyer.wustl.edu/du4-docs/Digital_UNIX_Bookshelf.html
  
 There should be more info on C2 there as well.
  
  Scot