Subject: ls works for anonymous but not for real or guests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:57:58 +0000

IM running Linux1.2.13, and wu-ftp 2.4(6) I have one problem:

 dir or ls work fine for anonymous but not for real or guest users 

Any help/hints are most welcome

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 22:10:30 -0500 (CDT)

Duplicate the /etc, /bin, etc. directory structure for ls under the guest
and real accounts.  It goes without saying that you are extremely careful
who you give a real account to (if security is a concern on the box). 

If possible you should upgrade to the latest wu-ftpd beta below.  It has a
number of big fixes and enhancements. 

   -- Michael

> Any help/hints are most welcome

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

WU-FTPD FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto

There are additional security references in the above docs.