From: "Roger A. Hanke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 17:37:36 -0400

Dear WUFTPD'ers,

 Have been using the WU-FTPD 2.4 version successfully for a while now.
Was asked recently to add untar, unzip, uncompress capabilities for files
being uploaded with certain suffixes.

 Have made the entries in the ftpconversions file according to the sample
version. Have put all binaries under each guest account I am using and 
have used the chroot command to verify correct operation. Turned on
tar and compress commands in ftpaccess file for guest (and real since in
log I saw my guest accounts had an r as type) accounts.

 But everytime I upload a file.Z or file.tar it just gets uploaded (which used
to be good enough ;-) Below is my test conversion file format. I have read
everything I could find and tried everything I can think of but dont know
what I am missing to get an uploaded file processed. A lot of the things I 
read referred to downloaded files being processed, I assume in even the
base 2.4 version that processing uploaded files did work? 

 Any info would be appreciated.
	Thanx,
	Roger Hanke

-------------- ftpconversions --------------------------------
---- there are just two lines really, had problems with line wrap ----
 :.Z:  :  :/usr/bin/uncompress -c 	%s:T_REG|T_ASCII:O_UNCOMPRESS:UNCOMPRESS
 :.tar:  :  :/usr/bin/tar -xf %s:T_REG|T_ASCII|T_DIR:O_TAR:TAR

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 Roger A. Hanke         AT&T Easy World Wide Web Service
 (908)949-4091          [email-masked] or
 FAX (908)949-7171              [email-masked]
 HO 6C-111              http://lynxhub.ho.att.com/~rah/	
-------------------------------------------------------------------