Subject: Re:virt ftp

From: [email-masked] (William L. Sebok)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

Clifton Wood said:
> Check your /etc/inetd.conf file and on the ftpd line make sure that you 
> are starting ftpd with the -a switch. Since the betas ftpd no longer 
> reads ftpaccess by default. The -a switch forces this. 

This sure confused me badly when I upgraded from wu-2.4 to
wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11].  Why was this done?  I should behave in a reasonable
way when it doesn't find a ftpaccess file but it seems to me that ordinarily
you would want it to look for the ftpaccess file.  

Bill Sebok      Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
	Internet: [email-masked]	URL: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/

---

From: Bill Levering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:40:25 -0700

>you would want it to look for the ftpaccess file.
Praise the LORD!!!!

it worked!!! Finally something that worked with one minor change, simple as
it was.

Thanxk you,

Bill Levering                            ISP Manager
[email-masked]                          Seattle, Wa
-----------------------------------------------------
DluxNet                                (206) 812-2769
Fax                                    (206) 622-3066
http://www.dlux.net/                   (206) 812-2772
-----------------------------------------------------