Subject: Getting Sick of ... (Was: Compilation problems under Linux)

From: Lindsay Haisley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 20:20:16 -0500

>>On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried compiling two different versions of wu-ftpd under Linux and both
>>> of them fail to compile.  With wu-ftpd-2.4-fixed I managed to compile all of
>>> the utilites, but ftpd failed with an error in the compilation of glob.o.  

>I'm getting sick of this problem...

Sorry.  It was fresh and new (and nasty) when I encountered it a couple of
days ago and wrote to the list about it.  It was my reason for subscribing
to this list.

Thanks to everyone who has sent patches and answers - whether I took their
advice or not :-)

Lindsay Haisley                   (______)
FMP Computer Services               (oo)        "The bull 
[email-masked]                /------\/            stops here!"
Austin, Texas, USA           / |    ||  
512-259-1190                *  ||---||             * * * * * *
                               ~~   ~~         http://www.fmp.com

---

From: Perry Rovers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 23:13:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

[glob problem on linux]
> Thanks to everyone who has sent patches and answers - whether I took their
Same here.. thanks. The only thing I had to do was add
-DDIRENT_ILLEGAL_ACCESS to the CFLAGS line in src/makefiles/Makefile.lnx
so if Koos could add that to the FAQ? :)

Perry Rovers, Amsterdam (and a number of other places), The Netherlands
Mail: mailto:[email-masked]       | Amsterdam is zo'n gezellige stad
FTP : ftp://ftp.iaehv.nl/pub/users/perry | omdat er zo verdomd veel
WWW : http://www.iaehv.nl/users/perry    | Brabanders wonen - Hans van Mierlo

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:43:41 +0200 (MET DST)

> so if Koos could add that to the FAQ? :)

Added. It's a busy period for me at the moment, so I let mails on the list
that can mean faq changes queue up for a while and then take them all
in one go.

Thanks everyone for input for the FAQ.

                                             Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Unix op z'n NL's : Segment overtreding - kern uitgescheten       KH106-RIPE