Subject: upload directives...

From: Chris Jason Richards <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:03:51 -0600

Upon login, the user is chrooted to /home/ftp/private/dummy.  Originally I had

upload  /home/ftp  /private/dummy       yes     dummy   ftponly 0660 dirs

as the upload directive.  Unfortunately, if he made a subdir, say 
/home/ftp/private/dummy/apps, he could not upload to the apps dir.

Then I tried

upload  /home/ftp  /private/dummy/*     yes     dummy   ftponly 0660 dirs

and he was then able to upload to the apps directory.  Unfortunately, he 
could no longer upload to the /home/ftp/private/dummy directory!  He could 
make multiple level subdirs with this directive and still be able to upload 
(ie. /home/ftp/private/dummy/apps/bob/lick/heya/whatever)

So, what I have done to allow as many subdirs as the ftp only user needs is 
add BOTH lines to ftpaccess resulting in:

upload  /home/ftp  /private/dummy       yes     dummy   ftponly 0660 dirs
upload  /home/ftp  /private/dummy/*     yes     dummy   ftponly 0660 dirs

And everything seems works as wanted.  This just seems to be an "odd" way to 
do it.  Am I doing something wrong?

cjr
-- 
_______________________________________________________________________
Chris Richards                         | Texas A&M University          
[email-masked]                      | Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/richards | Internet Publishing Services
http://grover.bre.com/                 | Internet System Programmer

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 19:06:24 -0500 (EST)

[.. deleted ..]

> do it.  Am I doing something wrong?

No :)
the pattern matching code(fnmatch()) seems to be the culprit.

--
alain