Subject: Win95/NT clients can't MKDIR

From: Forrest Aldrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 12:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

We're having a strange problem.  Clients that connect using Win95 or NT
cannot use the MKDIR command.  The error returned is "500 command not 
understood".  I've checked and verified ftpaccess, etc., and all seems
okay.  Anyone know about this?

Forrie

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:59:10 -0500 (CDT)

> okay.  Anyone know about this?

What FTP client are you using?  It sounds like the FTP client is sending
weird commands to wu-ftpd.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Lindsay Haisley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 19:44:53 -0500 (CDT)

"Thus spake Andy Ellsworth"
> weird commands to wu-ftpd.

Try the command QUOTE MKDIR etc.  which should pass the command umodified.

-- 
Lindsay Haisley          | "Everything works     |   PGP public key
FMP Computer Services    |       if you let it"  |   available via
[email-masked]           |    (The Roadie)       |   Internet finger
http://www.fmp.com       |                       |

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:54:47 -0400 (EDT)

> Try the command QUOTE MKDIR etc.  which should pass the command umodified.

the command ,if use quote, is mkd so:

QUOTE MKD dir_name

many ftp clients have an mkdir command, builtin.
MKDIR as an raw ftp command doesn't exist.

--
au revoir, alain