Subject: directory permissions (fwd)

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:50:00 -0500 (EST)

If this is a FAQ, please let me know.  I am pretty ignorant about
ftp.
 
     Is there a way to allow password protected per user access to
individual directories under the main owner's ftp directory, for
uploading files to the owner from remote customers?
 
     Thanks in advance.  Homer

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:59:42 -0600 (CST)

Guest ftp; see the howto below.

   -- Michael

> uploading files to the owner from remote customers?

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

WU-FTPD FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto

There are additional security references in the above docs.