Subject: Problem accesing wu-ftpd with Fetch

From: "Javier Puche. CSIC RedIRIS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:08:53 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

 I comment the following problem just in case any of you has had it
before.

 I have an wu-ftpd server on a Solaris 2.5 machine, it behaves perfectly
but for an slight problem that arises when connecting to a real user
account with a Fetch client from a Macinthosh. In this, and only in this
scenario it mangles the directory listing showing some directories as
strange files which name starts with the user name, group and date and
things like that.

 The wu-ftpd I am running is patched with the patches for symlinks
traversal, but that doesn't matter: I have gcc-compiled other wu-ftpd's
like beta10,11,.... and behave the same way in this machine.
 I have also checked that running that server in another Solaris 2.5
machine doesn't show that trouble. So it is a problem with the machine (
configuration )

 I think the problem started after migration from Solaris 2.4 to 2.5, but
it was a complete installation after re-partitioning and restoring only
some of the old directories. 

 Ok, the thing is that I do not find any thing that could be
mis-configured and I wander if any of you has had that problem.

Best regards,

Javier Puche.

PS: I also would love if any of you tells me where to find information
on how to handle properly wtmp and wtmpx with wu-ftpd under Solaris 2.5
for avoiding acctcon messages.