Subject: Bug or how do I send an ABOR command correctly ? (retry)

From: Thomas Katzlberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 96 18:33:42 -0500

Repost:
Sorry if you receive this twice, but there are odd things
going on by posting to this list ... (see below if interested)

Original Message:
---------------------------------------------------

My ftp client sends:

sprintf(buf,"%c%cABOR\r\n",IAC,IP);

Which seems to work exactly ONCE on
wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11],Version wu-2.1c(4) servers,
on lots of other servers like wcarchive.cdrom.com FTP server
Version wu-2.4-dg(31) it works fine ...

Is this a bug or do I send the wrong OOB sequence?

Thanks,
Cat.

------------------------------------------------------

PS: Mail failure
(on my 2nd post to this list,
the first one vanished)

From: [email-masked]
To: Thomas Katzlberger <katzlbt@vuse>
Subject: Mail failure

[002] Mail was received that was addressed to unknown addresses.
Mail item was not delivered to:
  CLFT/OPSIRM1/jak7

???

Maybe this person is subscribed to this list but his account no
longer exists, and my Reply-To field makes me receive this
message ...
---
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/_/                                                            _/_/
_/_/  Thomas Katzlberger                                        _/_/
_/_/  [email-masked]                               _/_/
_/_/  @aWhiteNeXT.called.garfield                               _/_/
_/_/  http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~katzlbt/                  _/_/
_/_/                                                            _/_/
_/_/  "You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a fish."  _/_/
_/_/                                UNIX man page for tunefs.   _/_/
_/_/                                                            _/_/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/