Subject: SITE GROUP, etc.

From: Chris Jason Richards <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:07:54 -0500

Just installed wuftp-2.4, again. ;) and decided that I wanted to use the the 
SITE GROUP, etc. sublogin processes.  Using three, no four different 
references, my cohort and I could not get it to work.

Problems?  Well, one big one was the fact that SITE was not a command...
We'll start there... any takers?

Thanks,
cjr
-- 
_______________________________________________________________________
Chris Richards                         | Texas A&M University          
[email-masked]                      | Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/richards | Internet Publishing Services
http://grover.bre.com/                 | Internet System Programmer

---

From: Bob Luckin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96 15:35:47 CDT

Chris Richards said :-
> We'll start there... any takers?

If your FTP client doesn't understand the SITE command (and a lot don't),
try using the QUOTE command to issue it :-

quote site group <groupname>
quote site gpass <password>

This works with uour SunOS FTP clients (HP-UX is understands the SITE command
anyway).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Bob
-- 
Bob Luckin
Texas Instruments
P O Box 650311, MS 3937      [email-masked]
Dallas, TX 75265   U.S.A.    Tel: (972) 917 5081    Fax: (972) 917 7966

---

From: Bob Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 13:33:52 -0700

>From a standard UNIX ftp command line client, you have to use
"quote site" instead of "site" to send "site" commands to the
remote ftp server.

-- 
Bob Myers                              InteleNet Communications, Inc.
Email: [email-masked]               30 Executive Park, Suite 150
Phone: 714-851-8250 x227               Irvine, CA 92614
Fax:   714-851-1088                    http://www.intelenet.net/