Subject: Problem with wu-ftpd on SUN (fwd)

From: Wolf Kammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:22:13 +0200 (MES)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:37:06 +0200 (MES)
From: Wolf Kammer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Problem with wu-ftpd on SUN

Hallo,

we use wu-2.4(23) on AIX 3.2.5 without any problem. Now we have to
establish an anonymous ftp on a SUN with SUNOS 4.1.3. We have installed
wu-ftpd according to the installation instructions. When ftp-ing the SUN
it is responding with "SUN3: wu-2.4(1) ........ ready". But when the user
ftp or anonymous is entered the answer is "service is not available,
remote host has closed connection, login failed". What could be the
problem?

Thanks for any help

Wolf Kammer

---

From: Nino Uziel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:40:03 +0300 (USADT)

Hi I am trying to install the wu-ftp in my system. 
I am on an AIX 4 system and there is the ftp deamon that came with
the software. I am trying to install a second ftp deamon. I get wierd
messages about dirs not being crated and so on. Can you aid a drowning
friend ?
Nino