Subject: HELP: virtual anonymous users and MSN !

From: "Paul Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:04:55 +0000

Hi All

We are continuing our saga of some users not being able to login 
anonymously to our servers.

Just to give you an idea of the setup, we have a number of virtual 
servers and also our main one.

Now when a user connected to MSN tries to connect anonymously to a 
vitual server, they get disconnected afert typing the password. All 
other users seem to work ok from other systems.

This user tried to connect to the virtual ftp account from AOL and it 
worked. The only thing that I can see from the logs is that MSN do 
not assign a domain name to their dialup IP addresses where AOL do.

I had a look in the src/authenticate.h file. I had the following :-

#define USE_A_RFC931    0

#define A_RFC931        1 << 0;

I changed A_RFC931 to 0 and recompiled, installed. This made no 
difference.

Help anyone please, this is causing us bit problems.

Thanks
Paul
________________________________________________________
N e t C u l t u r e   -  Web Hosting
Web: www.NetCulture.net  -  Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +33 1 45 22 00 02   -  Fax: +33 1 45 22 00 52
1 rue Lemercier, 75017 Paris, France