Subject: shells and ftp

From: Cal Sawyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

I have a couple of ksh users that can't connect to our wu-ftpd running 
under IRIX6.2. csh'ers have no problem.  The syslog returns <bad shell> 
for all attempts to ftp to a ksh user's directory.

Any thoughts, folks? TIA!

--------------------------------------- 
Cal Sawyer
Electronic Communication Design         
Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design 
Vancouver, B.C.  Canada                
                 ** Abolish karoshi **
          ** Just say NO to cookies **
---------------------------------------

---

From: mason ip <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Oct 96 16:25 PDT Action: Relayed

> for all attempts to ftp to a ksh user's directory.

Please read the INSTALL file that came with the package (2.4) :
: 5.  Make sure that you have a /etc/shells that lists all valid shells on
:    your system.  Otherwise, those who have shells not listed there will
:    not be able to log in.  [Yes, this is the expected behaivor.]

Hope this help.

[email-masked]