Subject: Files Not Be Displayed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 96 13:22:47 EST

This is a strange problem that I would appreciate some assistance 
     with.
     
     I am making use of the "user" ftp feature available with wu-ftpd.  My 
     users are able to upload files.  I am able to confirm transmission of 
     the files since I can see them on the UNIX server.  I can also use 
     UNIX ftp, use their login id and password and see the files myself.
     
     Here is the problem, if I (or anyone else) use Pathway FTP or 
     "cuteftp" as a client, the files do not appear to be there.  The 
     directory is there but it appears empty when in reality it is not.  I 
     believe that I checked the file permissions on the UNIX side and all 
     looks fine.
     
     Any ideas?
     
     Thanks.
     
     Anthony Galietti
     [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:42:56 -0500 (CDT)

Retrieve the guest howto below and pay careful attention to how to set up
ls. 

   -- Michael