Subject: Re: directory listing problems - PLEASE help

From: "Stefan Berg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:35:53 +0100

Koos,

yes, I've tried to set up my directories according to what is suggested
in the man ftpd-page.

Strange thing is this: The man page tells me to copy the following files 
(among others) from my /usr/lib directory:
nss_nis.so*
nss_nisplus.so*
nss_dns.so*
nss_files.so*

These files do not exist on my system. I found this a little strange,
so I spoke with my contact at Sun Microsystems, who told me that he
didn't have those files either.

Note that I am running Solaris 2.5.

This is getting stranger by the minute.

/Stefan

Koos van den Hout wrote:
> Do these chroot areas have their own copies of all needed libraries, 
> and, very important for Solaris, the correct devices ? 
>  
> Each chroot area needs to have it's own complete setup like the 
> anonymous ftp area.

---

From: Lindsay Haisley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:40:45 -0500 (CDT)

Do you have the source for ls?  The best solution is to recompile it with
the -static option and forget mucking with the dynamic libraries.

-- 
Lindsay Haisley          | "Everything works     |   PGP public key
FMP Computer Services    |       if you let it"  |   available via
[email-masked]           |    (The Roadie)       |   Internet finger
http://www.fmp.com       |                       |