Subject: ftpaccess virtual ftp bug

From: Emanuele Buttice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 12:06:04 -0700

Hi,

Setup: Linux 2.0.4, Wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.

According To the VIRTUAL_FTP_SUPPORT documentation:

virtual 10.10.10.10 root    /var/ftp/virtual/ftp-serv 
virtual 10.10.10.10 banner  /var/ftp/virtual/ftp-serv/banner.msg
virtual 10.10.10.10 logfile /var/log/ftp/virtual/ftp-serv/xferlog

In that order when someone ftp's,  instead of the banner appearing the
log file entries are scrolled onto the screen. In other words ftp takes
the logfile as being the banner. Reversing the banner/logfile order
solves this problem.

Removing the banner line causes the same problem. 

Any thoughts on this....

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Emanuele Buttice Network Analyst   
Elecomm Corporation.
http://www.elecomm.net 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 00:06:58 +0000

Hi  Emanuele
  
> Removing the banner line causes the same problem. 

Got it working here without any problems on Linux 1.2.13. Maybe your 
setup is not quite correct.

Paul
[email-masked]