Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on HP/UX 10.10

From: Gildas Perrot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 12:39:27 +0200

Hi, 

I nearly completed the correct installation of wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 on HP/UX 
10.10 using the cc compiler of development option. Here are my procedures :

Since realpath is already defined in HP/UX 10.10, I removed realpath 
references in SRCS and OBJS variables in  src/makefiles/Makefile.hpx ; I also 
modified src/extensions.c :
/*
#ifdef __STDC__
extern char *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
#else
extern char *realpath();
#endif
*/
extern char *realpath();

After ./build hpx, I modified Makefile :

	BINDIR=         /local/etc
	ETCDIR=         /local/etc
	MANDIR=         /usr/local/man

Now I have one last BIG problem. I had previoulsy configured wuftpd-2.4 and 
all configurations and binaries files were in /local/etc. I changed 
src/pathnames.h of wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 according to this :

#define USE_ETC
#define USE_LOG

#ifdef USE_ETC
#define _PATH_FTPUSERS  "/local/etc/ftpusers"
#define _PATH_FTPACCESS "/local/etc/ftpaccess"
#define _PATH_CVT       "/local/etc/ftpconversions"
#define _PATH_PRIVATE   "/local/etc/ftpgroups"

I checked with bin/ckconfig that /local/etc/ftpaccess is actually used. In 
/local/etc/ftpaccess, I have : banner  /local/etc/msgs/banner which contains a 
banner. However, this banner is not displayed with wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11 
server while it is with wuftpd-2.4 server.

Any idea about this problem ?  Thanks in advance for your help.   Gildas.
-- 
Gildas PERROT, [email-masked]         __o
FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_
                                   ---- (_)/ (_)

---

From: Michael-John Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 15:47:43 +0200 (GMT+0200)

[ lots deleted ]

> Any idea about this problem ?  Thanks in advance for your help.   Gildas.

I had the same problem with beta 11 under Linux (compiled with gcc 2.7.0).
It refused to read any of my config files (it wouldn't apply the settings in
my /etc/ftpaccess, wouldn't display my banner, etc) even though ckconfig said
that my configuration was fine. I recompiled several times, fiddling with 
various options but never got it working (wuftpd-2.4, however, is working
fine). Has anyone else had this same problem and managed to fix it?

Cheers
 M-J
-= Michael-John Turner -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= UNIX: Live free or die -=-
 [email-masked]              Proud Linux user and Team OS/2 member
 [email-masked]         PGP key via mail or finger @phantom
 [email-masked]    http://phantom.eri.uct.ac.za/~mj