Subject: filtering out wu-ftpd from syslog

From: NBP <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:48:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks.

I know that to filter out the wu-ftpd messages in the SYSLOG you have to 
edit the syslog.conf.  Does anybody know what the syntax and string is?

TIA.
N

=====================================================================
Nina Burns Pomeroy	                   Senior Consultant/Designer
Kinetic Wave					 [email-masked]
			www.kineticwave.com
=====================================================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 14:11:46 -0700

I think you have to change what facility named is going to log to -
local2 or something.  Then recompile and add "local2.debug
/var/adm/named.log" to syslog.conf.

---
Dale Wellman
Network Intensive
Sys Admin