Subject: Trouble installing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 05:55:32 -0400

I'm rather new to Unix administration, but I know I need to install wu-ftpd
to test it for our needs here at my company.  We're running HP-UX 10.01 on
an HP 9000 server.  The trouble I'm having is (at this point anyway) the
installation instructions refer to files that I need to edit that do not
exist on my system.  These files include ftpaccess, ftphosts and ftpgroups.
 I understand what these files do, but I do not understand their
configurations, so I'm not sure how to install them nor am I confident I am
not openning up security issues on my system.  I cannot find documentation
on these files either.  I have man page sections in the archive I
downloaded, but I can't read them.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rick Kasten

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:09:15 +0200 (MET DST)

> downloaded, but I can't read them.

nroff -man < [manpagesource] | less

Anyway, sample versions of these 3 files including comments on how and
why are included with the archive.

                                          Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE