Subject: Script for reporting on FTP data

From: "C. Paul Ferroni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:31:43 -0400

I recently brought up an FTP server, and had a need to
automatically inform the owners of the data being deposited
there that (1) information had arrived and/or (2) information
is getting old and needs to be dealt with.

I wrote a perl script to handle this, which is available at
ftp://ftp.cle.ab.com/pub/ftpcheck  

It parses the ftpaccess file for lines starting with the
string:  ##FTPCHECK.
Using info in this line, it generates mail messages listing
the files with "flags" on those more than 2 weeks old.
Documentation on usage and syntax is included in the leading
comments.  Most things are configurable in variables in the
beginning, although, without some modification it depends on
find, du, sendmail and formail.

At my site, I add a ##FTPCHECK line for each new directory
I set up, pointing to the person responsible for its contents.

If you're interested, pick it up.  However, please don't expect
extensive support, unless you have basic questions...

-cpf

--
C. Paul Ferroni          Phone: 216-646-4114 (voice)  216-646-3176 (fax)
Systems Specialist           Admin areas: UNIX, WWW, Usenet News, etc.
Allen-Bradley Company, Inc      Email: [email-masked]