Subject: guestgroup

From: [email-masked] (Thuy Tran)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:55:54 -0500

Currently there's a guestgroup set up on my wu-ftpd server and I wanted to 
create another userid treated as a guestgroup.  The first guest userid is called 
'guest'.  The second guest userid is called 'dummy'.  I did what was on the 
webpage but when I specified 'dummy' and its unix password, it would fail giving 
me an error message.  The error message 

331 Password required for dummy.
Password:
530-The response 'test' is not valid
530-Please use your e-mail address as your password
530-   for example: [email-masked] or joe@
530-[saigon.bmc.com will be added if password ends with @]
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.

I would try giving it an email as the password and then I'm in and it did chroot 
me to the right directory.

I read that guest accounts are users who have unique identities with passwords 
yet my wu-ftpd server is treating all guestsgroups (userids 'guest' and 'dummy') 
as 'anonymous'.  Is that working as designed?  Can somebody post what's a 
typical ftpaccess file for anonymous and guestgroups? 

Thanks, Thuy