Subject: guestgroup

From: [email-masked] (Thuy Tran)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:04:50 -0500

Also,

'dummy' is in /etc/passwd and its group is in /etc/group and the entries are in 
their home directory/etc/passwd and group files.  'dummy's group is different 
from the anonymous user's group.  'dummy's group is also part of the 
'guestgroup' directive in the ftpaccess file.

>Currently there's a guestgroup set up on my wu-ftpd server and I wanted to 
>create another userid treated as a guestgroup.  The first guest userid is 
>called 'guest'.  The second guest userid is called 'dummy'.  I did what was on 
>the webpage but when I specified 'dummy' and its unix password, it would fail 
>giving me an error message.  The error message 

>331 Password required for dummy.
>Password:
>530-The response 'test' is not valid
>530-Please use your e-mail address as your password
>530-   for example: [email-masked] or joe@
>530-[saigon.bmc.com will be added if password ends with @]
>530 Login incorrect.
>Login failed.

>I read that guest accounts are users who have unique identities with passwords 
>yet my wu-ftpd server is treating all guestsgroups (userids 'guest' and 
>'dummy') as 'anonymous'.  Is that working as designed?  Can somebody post 
>what's a typical ftpaccess file for anonymous and guestgroups? 

Thanks, Thuy
------------- End Forwarded Message -------------