Subject: UNIX System Administration Handbook CDROM

From: Evi Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 23:29:05 -0600 (MDT)

hi, i am trying to find who to ask for permission to include
wuftpd on the cdrom that accompanies the second edition of
unix system administration handbook, prentice hall, 1995.

mail to [email-masked] and [email-masked]
has not been answered.  suggestions ?

-evi

evi nemeth, assoc prof
computer science dept
university of colorado
boulder, co 80309-0430

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:53:34 -0500 (CDT)

> unix system administration handbook, prentice hall, 1995.

As long as you follow the legal guidelines set forth in the copyright
agreement (which can be found at the beginning of every source code
file) you can do anything you want with the code.  You don't need our
permission.

However, I would like to make an informal request, as pseudo-maintainer of
the original wu-ftpd source files -- please make sure you use the newest
source code archive from wuarchive.wustl.edu/packages/wuarchive-ftpd; it
contains new README and INSTALL text files which contain new contact
information (mailing lists, changed e-mail addresses, etc.) 

> has not been answered.  suggestions ?

Bryan is no longer affiliated with the wu-ftpd project (this is one of the
things covered in the new README and INSTALL files).  The wu-ftpd mailing
list is now considered to be the primary support network.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+