Subject: Anonymous uploads are owned by wrong user?

From: [email-masked] (John Murtari)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 18:16:10 -0400

Running wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.5.1 x-86, I have the following ftp access
file.  I can do uploads to /thebook/incoming, but the files endup being owned by the
"ftp" user and not "thebook". The user "thebook" has a password in the
REAL machine /etc/passwd, I did not create a separate password file in
the /pub/ftp/etc.

Haven't seen the FAQ for wu-ftpd, is there a web site for one?

===
# specify the upload directory information
upload  /pub/ftp  *             no
upload  /pub/ftp  /thebook/incoming     yes     thebook   www  0600 dirs
upload  /pub/ftp  /bin          no
upload  /pub/ftp  /etc          no
===

                                          John
___________________________________________________________________
John Murtari                              Software Workshop Inc.
[email-masked] 315.695.1301(x-211)  "TheBook.Com" (TM)
http://www.thebook.com/