Subject: Not permitting transfer of a file

From: Andrew Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 00:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.  BSDI 2.0 with academ beta 10 currently going.  (I plan on getting
beta 11 going one of these days when I have a moment.)

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to disable the transfer of a file with
a certain extension?  Kind of like the upload section of ftpaccess, but in
reverse.  It'd be optimal if it works for anonymous users, allowing real
users full access.

The easy way would be to chmod g-r,o-r the files involved, but we'd prefer
that all real users on the machine have access to everything, and just
anonymous users be under the restriction.

Thanks.

Andrew
-- 

  Andrew Bennett
  [email-masked], [email-masked]
  http://taz.hyperreal.com/~abennett/

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 19:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

hello

> reverse.  It'd be optimal if it works for anonymous users, allowing real

I don't know if it was part or beta-10 but beta-11 offers
the "noretrieve" key word

noretrieve <file> <file> ......

the sad news is:
no globbing
and apply to all classes.

Maybe if you have the time you can fiddle with 
the source and send us the patch ;-)

--
alain