Subject: FTP passwords in-the-clear

From: Forrest Aldrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 14:35:51 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone a solution/hack to avoid passing passwords in-the-clear
over the network?  I understand that S/Key may resolve this; however,
I wonder if there's something else?

Thanks...

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Campbell)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

>I wonder if there's something else?
You could use it in conjunction with ssh (secure shell).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [email-masked]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
URL: http://www.celestial.com/

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.
		-- Will Rogers