Subject: Statically compiling GNU ls

From: Jose Roberto Bulcao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:22:18 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hey,
	Could you help me in getting the right way to compile GNU 
fileutils 3.13 ls (static version) command under AIX 4.1.3 and gcc 2.7.2 ?
	When I try, it returns me the following error:

# make ls
        gcc -static -o dir ls.o ls-dir.o ../intl/libintl.a ../lib/libfu.a
collect2: ld returned 255 exit status
ld: 0706-003 Cannot find or read import file: /lib/syscalls.exp
        ld:accessx(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.                      

	TKS,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jose Roberto Bulcao             |           Tel    : (021) 571-4325/268-0717
RioLink Internet                |           Tel/Fax: (021) 208-0696
O Seu Servidor!!                |           e-mail : [email-masked]
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
        ***** VISITE NOSSA HOME PAGE: http://www.rio.com.br *****
----------------------------------------------------------------------------