Subject: OFFICIAL CHANGES to wu-ftpd 2.4 distribution

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 18:11:24 -0500 (CDT)

Changes:

README was changed to correct the wu-ftpd mailing list address.  The old
list server was listed as [email-masked]; the address has since
changed to [email-masked].  Also, minor changes were made to
indicate that Bryan O'Connor (the primary author of wu-ftpd) no longer
provides support for wu-ftpd.

Similar changes were made in November 1995 to the INSTALL file; I didn't
realize until a few days ago that the README file also needed correcting.
Thanks to David Schlussel ([email-masked]) for pointing this out.

The CHECKSUMS file has been updated to reflect the changes in the .tar.Z
file.  Also, the 2.3 --> 2.4 patch has been removed since it doesn't apply
anymore (not to mention that 2.3 is all but nonexistant).

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this little
change.  

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+