Subject: install problem

From: Thomas Chung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 00:14:47 -0700 (PDT)

Two problems I have after installing wuftp on Solaris x86 2.5:

1. /var/adm/messages is filled with the msg:

Sep 19 17:01:47 ftp3 ftpd[18503]: open of pid file failed: No such file 
or directory

and 

Sep 19 17:01:43 ftp3 inetd[103]: /usr/dt/bin/rpc.ttdbserverd: Child 
Status Changed

These two messages seem to be related.

2. Directory listing ('ls' or 'dir') dosen't show anything even tho'
directory is read-able (mode 755).

Pointer to any clues is greatly appreciated. If there a FAQ about
wu-ftp somewhere---pointer to that is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks
----
/****************************************************************************
Thomas Chung | [email-masked] | MCI Mail: 203-3917 | Vnet: 745-6113
*****************************************************************************/

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 09:32:15 +0200 (MET DST)

> Sep 19 17:01:47 ftp3 ftpd[18503]: open of pid file failed: No such file 

wu-ftpd wants to keep a collection of status files. Check the installation
.h files.

> These two messages seem to be related.

Hmmm.. tooltalk and wu-ftpd should not be interacting.

> wu-ftp somewhere---pointer to that is also greatly appreciated.

The FAQ for the current versions of wu-ftpd is at

http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

                                          Koos van den Hout

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE