Subject: ftpconversions problems

From: [email-masked] (Thierry Frati)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 96 15:19:49 +0200

I'm trying to get ftpconversions working on a Sun running Solaris 2.3.
I'd like to zip a portion of a filesystem to make a file suffixed .zip.
Ftp works fine but conversions don't

ftp> get Dlv_FipConfig_V1.zip
200 PORT command successful.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp> 

Nothing in /var/adm/messages or /usr/adm/xferlog

Is there something else I have to do to get ftpconversions working that
I've missed?  (I read through http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html and
didn't see anything that would help.)

Extract from ftpconversions :

 :   : :.zip:/usr/local/bin/zip -r %s %s:T_REG|T_DIR:O_COMPRESS:ZIP
 :.zip:  :  :/usr/local/bin/unzip:T_REG|T_DIR:O_UNCOMPRESS:UNZIP

Thanks

Thierry FRATI

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 20:36:54 +0200 (MET DST)

>  :.zip:  :  :/usr/local/bin/unzip:T_REG|T_DIR:O_UNCOMPRESS:UNZIP
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ist this zip/unzip in the ftp chroot invironment like ~ftp/usr/local/bin .. ?

regards 

Jens
-- 
map # :%s/^/> /g^M
				-- vi --