Subject: wuftp and dUnix 3.2b

From: "Andrew C. Saylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:58:45 -0500 (CDT)

All:

  I have wuftp 2.4(3) installed on a Dec Alpha 2100 running DUnix 3.2b. 
The server will permitt anonymous logins just fine, but will not allow
authenticated username/password pairs in. I have applied the osf-patch and
copied the /etc/sia directory into the FTP directory. Neither of these has
worked. 

  The whole idea behind using WUFTP was to prevent users from retreiving
the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files (as well as other files they dont
need of course!). If there is some solution to this, can one of you kind
soles gimme a hint?!! 

Thanks All!!

|0|-------------------------------------------------------------------|0|
|0| Andrew C. Saylor                  | "Two in the Box!"	      |0|
|0|        [email-masked]      | "Ready to Go!"		      |0|
|0|    ComSource Inc.                 | "We be fast....               |0|
|0|   101 Plaza East Blvd.  Suite 316 | 			      |0| 
|0|    Evansville, Indiana  47715     | AND THEY BE SLOW!"            |0|
|0|                                   |                               |0|
|0|"Southern Indiana's most powerful  | 			      |0|
|0|   Internet Service Provider       |                               |0|
|0|   and Communications Specialists" |  -Ghostbusters II	      |0|
|0|                                   |     			      |0|
|0| http://www.comsource.net          |                               |0|
|0|     (812)469-0300                 |                               |0|
|0|-------------------------------------------------------------------|0|
|0| I am Pentium of Borg, 					      |0|
|0|		Calculation is Futile, 				      |0|
|0|				You will be approximated!!	      |0|