Subject: ls -la again !!

From: Kok Fock Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:15:15 +0800 (GMT+0800)

Dear Chris,
Friend, I am facing a problem like you also. I can't do ls -la
even for an authenticated user !! I traced into the code and found
out the ftpd fork a child process to handle ls -la. But, somehow
it doesn't work. Somebody ask me to use truss to find out the library
used by the ls, but on mine DEC machine, I can't find this
command.

Any help as I am in trouble ? My user is already ftp in using
ws_ftp! So the remote site is always blank !!

regards
Kok Fock Seng

Someone told me that not being able to do a ls -l or dir as an 
anonymous user is a common problem.  I put the libs reqired by ls in 
the /lib dir.  During text ftp sessions I can use ls, just not ls -l 
or dir.  Am I missing something?  Is there an FAQ on this subject?

TIA
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:36:22 -0500 (CDT)

> even for an authenticated user !! I traced into the code and found

Get the guest howto below and study it closely.  The anonymous directory
structure is the same as the guest.

   -- Michael

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

WU-FTPD FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto

There are additional security references in the above docs.