Subject: IRIX 6.2 dir/ls problem

From: John Crouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 17:15:05 -0500

I installed wu-ftpd on a SGI Challenge/S running IRIX 6.2.  Everything
works fine execpt for the 'ls' and 'dir' commands.  Nothing is ever listed
even when there are files and directories present.  No error message is
displayed on the client end just your typical:

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.

On the server end I get the following error in my /usr/adm/SYSLOG:

Aug  8 15:06:24 6D:recluse ftpd[4338]: PORT
Aug  8 15:06:24 6D:recluse ftpd[4338]: LIST
Aug  8 10:06:24 2A:recluse unix: Dynamic loader /lib/libc.so.1 not
found, error=2

I searched the wu archives and found numerous problems with the dir and
ls command for Sun systems but could not find any problems specific to an
IRIX environment.

This problem only occurs when wu-ftp does a chroot (anonymous and
guestgroup accounts).

I put the 'ls' executable in ~ftp/bin and the libc.so.1 in ~ftp/lib.

I have a group and passwd file in ~ftp/etc.

Any Ideas?

Does anyone have a static linked 'ls' binary for IRIX 6.2?

Thanks - John Crouch
EDS Systems Engineer