Subject: wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked] (neville stott)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 09:15:06 -0100

hello there

 I have got the source for irix 5.3 and successfully compiled it thanks to
those guys  for the source. However if I killall -HUP inetd and try to ftp
in I get a ftp: connect: connection refused message I have not change any of
the access files from standard. If I use the std ftpd which came with the OS
it works fine. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

  class all real,guest,anonymous *

---

From: cactoid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 18:39:07 +1000 (EST)

Greetings..

I am new to this list, and I'm sure this question has been asked many
times before.. I am running a Linux 2.0.0 based box trying to get wuftpd
beta 11 (anything passed 2.4.2-fixed for that matter).

I run build lnx (or whatever the syntax was) and all is hunky dory until I
get to glob.c/glob.o part of the compilation.. from then on it all dies
with vers.o file missing errors..

Any ideas?

--                           ,-._|\
cactoid.                |   /      \   | http://www.kwest.com.au.
Professional Netjunkie. |   \_,--._/   | [email-masked].
                                  v

---

From: Theo Van Dinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

> Greetings..

Howdy! 8)

> with vers.o file missing errors..

I found this on either the mailing list or the FAQ or something...  (I had
the same problem...):

:  * > Line241->>   if (fstat(dirp->dd_fd, &stb) < 0)
:  * 
:  * should be ...  
:  *                if (fstat(dirfd(dirp), &stb) < 0)
-DDIRENT_ILLEGAL_ACCESS in the CFLAGS would of done just fine too...
or
#define HAVE_ILLGEAL_DIRENT # line #49 of glob.c

Good luck!  (This takes care fof the vers.o errors too...)

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theo Van Dinter				   Vice-President WPI Lens and Lights
Systems Engineering - Web Development	     Active Member in SocComm and ACM
Cabletron Systems, Inc.			 www: http://www.kluge.net/~felicity/

             I have a watch cat!  Just break in and she'll watch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------