Subject: Re: upload restrictions

From: "W. James Showalter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:58:02 -0400 (EDT)

Christopher,

I believe the path-filter option will do what you want.  Check the 
ftpaccess man page for details.

Jim

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Christopher, Keith wrote:

> 
> Is there a way to tell wuftpd to refuse uploads with certain file names ?   
> 
> for example if someone is using an incoming site as a www site by   
> uploading html documents to the site. Can wuftpd be told to refuse to   
> allow uploads of
> *.ht*
> 
> 
> 
> Keith  
>

---

From: "Christopher, Keith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 96 10:08:00 PDT

Keith

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:06:53 -0500 (CDT)

> uploading html documents to the site. Can wuftpd be told to refuse to   

These are Unix expressions; the set below will filter all files that begin
with . and - characters. 

from ftpaccess:

# path-filter...
path-filter  anonymous  /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-
path-filter  guest      /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-
path-filter  real       /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-

man ftpaccess:

path-filter <typelist> <mesg> <allowed_charset>
            {<disallowed reg- exp> ...}
            For users in <typelist>, path-filter defines  regular
            expressions  that  control what a filename can or can
            not be.  There may be  multiple  disallowed  regexps.
            If  a filename is invalid due to failure to match the
            regexp criteria, <mesg>  will  be  displayed  to  the
            user.  For example:

              path-filter    anonymous    /etc/pathmsg   ^[-A-Za-
            z0-9._]*$ ^. ^-

            specifies that all  upload  filenames  for  anonymous
            users  must  be made of only the characters A-Z, a-z,
            0-9, and "._-" and may not begin with a "." or a "-".
            If the filename is invalid, /etc/pathmsg will be dis-
            played to the user.

   -- Michael