Subject: Time stamps on same file different for real and guest user

From: Harbinder Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:54:15 -0400 (EDT)

I have the following problen:

	real user does ls -al:

	-rw-rw-r--  1 user1        37 Aug  7 16:24 00740004.RES

guest user does ls -al and gets:

	-rw-rw-r--  1 102            37 Aug  7 20:24 00740004.RES

Has any body seen this problem? If yes can someone suggest the solution?!

I am running wuftp on : SunOS  4.1.4 2 sun4m

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph S. Areeda)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:50:51 -0700

My take on this is that the timezone information in the
guest's path is different (or non-existant) than the real time info.
The 4 hour differencde is the difference from EDT and GMT I think.
So the fix is to set up the timezone file in the guest directory
structure also.

joe

> From [email-masked] Wed Aug  7 15:09:21 1996
> Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:54:15 -0400 (EDT)
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^  look at that

> From: Harbinder Singh <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Time stamps on same file different for real and guest user
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> X-Authentication-Warning: mole.ibd.pwj.com: smap set sender to <bsingh> using -f
> X-Listprocessor-Version: 7.1 -- ListProcessor by CREN
>