Subject: virtual ftp server

From: Benoit Rossier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 19:45:14 +0200

Hi,

I installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on a FreeBSD 2.1.0 box. It works well.
I applied a patch to make it a virtual server from Brian Kramer.

With anonymous or real user, I can see the right banner and it goes into the
right directory. But I can't see any files in the directories. I can put
files, create directory, all things but I can't see anything (ls is executed
but the server return 0 byte)!

Has anyone solved this problem or is there a little bug in my patch (date:
26 may 95)?
Is there an other patch?

Thanks in advance,
Benoit

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Benoit Rossier                   M&C Management & Communications SA |
| Telecom                          Grand-Places 16                    |
|                                  CH - 1700 Fribourg                 |
|                                                                     |
| voice: +41 (0)37 22 06 36        fax: +41 (0)37 22 06 38            |
| E-Mail: [email-masked]  http://www.mcnet.ch                |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Alain Magloire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:54:32 -0400 (EDT)

> Has anyone solved this problem or is there a little bug in my patch (date:

Hello Benoit

  I'm guessing here, but maybe it will help.

Since when you do virtual ftp, it will do a chroot() in to that
directory, you then have to supply all the bin and the libs again
i.e:
<new_root>/bin/ls
<new_root>/lib/libc.so*
etc ...

And yes there is a beta that integrate the virtual patch
wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta11. 

--
alain