Subject: Re: Timezone problem under Solaris 2.5

From: Karsten Thygesen <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Aug 1996 22:59:33 +0200

>>>>> "Wolfram" == Wolfram Schmidt <[email-masked]> writes:

Wolfram> ] ] Hi.  I just installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on a Solaris 2.5 box.
Wolfram> Everything works ] perfectly except for one maddening detail.
Wolfram> I can't figure out how to get ] "ls" to display the correct
Wolfram> time for anonymous users.  No matter what I ] try, "ls"
Wolfram> always displays file timestamps in GMT.  [...]  ] So it
Wolfram> appears that wu-ftpd is not propogating the environment to
Wolfram> the ] spawned "ls" process.  Is there a way around this?  A
Wolfram> patch perhaps?

Wolfram> Copy /etc/default/init to the appropriate place in the chroot
Wolfram> area.  It should contain a line "TZ=MYTIMEZONE" where
Wolfram> MYTIMEZONE is your timezone. The OS installation procedure
Wolfram> probably did this for you.

I think it should be enough to copy /etc/TIMEZONE into
~ftp/etc/TIMEZONE along with /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo/MET (or whatewer
/etc/TIMEZONE contains).

Best,
Karsten

-- 
Karsten Thygesen                     Aalborg, Denmark 
[email-masked]                     Voice:   +45 40713727
SunSITE Denmark Manager (AKA [email-masked])
<URL:http://sunsite.auc.dk/~karthy/> PGP-key: 40F2AA29