Subject: Re: Anyone build wu-ftpd-2.4 on Solaris 2.5.1?

From: nelson@ipanema (Nelson C. L. Pedrozo)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 21:40:50 -0300

Are you using any of the standard shells? If your shell isn't one of the
ones listen in the ftpd man page, you have to add them all (and your shell)
to a file called /etc/shells. 

			Nelson C. L. Pedrozo
			[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Richman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:31:30 -0500 (CDT)

More progress...anonymous ftp now works...

Two questions:

1. Is there some way to disable the password 'guest'?  The way it is now,
it will accept 'guest' as a password but asks for a real name@host for
the next login.  That is not enforced.

2. Real names with accounts are still being denied access.  Any ideas
on where to look to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Mike Richman
U. Oklahoma
[email-masked]