Subject: trusted hpux system

From: Ian Schlueter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 10:08:04 -0700

It blows me away that there does not seem to be an easy, or even
extreamly difficult, solution to running wu-ftpd on a >trusted< hpux
10.x box. There has to be a way to make it work, a way to get it to
recognize both real,guest, and anonymous users. I have only been able to
make the anonymous part work up to this point.. Please Someone tell me
that it can at least be done. That there is a soloution for the "secure"
passwd files etc...

	HELP!!! PLEASE!!!	

			Ian Schlueter

---

From: "James B. Byrne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 13:56:56 -0400

I don't hold out any great hope in your request.  The HPUX community has
been fairly discouraging in their comments on tusted systems under
10.01.  I recall that there were several notes in the conversion
documentation about the need to convert shadow passwd file calls at
source.  I suggest that you refer back to these.

Regards,
-- 
James B. Byrne			mailto:[email-masked]
Harte & Lyne Limited		http://www.harte-lyne.ca
Hamilton, Ontario		905-561-1241