Subject: Compiling wu-ftp-academ-beta-11 and archive

From: Chris McCrory <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:53:52 -0700

Hello...

Has anyone set up a FAQ on compiling wu-ftp-academ-beta-11 under Linux? 
I am using kernel 2.0 and I am getting some errors.  I have seen half
answers, but no full answers to the two or three problems (compiling,
'ls' and 'dir').  Any info would be great.  Even a pointer to an up to
date archive or this list would work.

---

From: [email-masked] (Volker Schmidt)
Date: 23 Aug 1996 06:50:05 +0200

In article <[email-masked]>, Chris McCrory
<[email-masked]> wrote:

: Has anyone set up a FAQ on compiling wu-ftp-academ-beta-11 under Linux?
: I am using kernel 2.0 and I am getting some errors.  I have seen half
: answers, but no full answers to the two or three problems (compiling,
: 'ls' and 'dir').  Any info would be great.  Even a pointer to an up to
: date archive or this list would work.

I've made a patch to compile wu-ftp-academ-beta-11 under
linux-2.0.1[0-4]. You don't need anything from BSD (includes &
libs). The patch is not available on an public archive. I'm
unable to test it under a _real_ load, so I dunno, if I broke
something.

If you can test it on a real anonymous machine, with real load,
I'd like to hear something... ;-)

I'll send you a copy of the patch as EMail; it's 4 KByte in size.

--volker
-- 
Volker Schmidt                          [email-masked]

PGP public key available on request.