Subject: Static version for "ls"

From: Jose Roberto Bulcao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 20:18:42 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hi,
	Does anybody can tell me where can I find a static compiled 
version of "ls" for AIX 4.1.3? 

	TIA,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jose Roberto Bulcao             |           Tel    : (021) 571-4325/268-0717
RioLink Internet                |           Tel/Fax: (021) 208-0696
O Seu Servidor!!                |           e-mail : [email-masked]
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
        ***** VISITE NOSSA HOME PAGE: http://www.rio.com.br *****
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:17:35 +0200 (DFT)

Hi,

If you execute the //usr/samples/tcpip/anon.ftp you will get on
the directory ~ftp/bin a static version of "ls" . I'm running AIX 4.1.4
and i have tested it.

Have a good day,

Pascale

-- 

+----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Pascale Diemer                               |   [email-masked]     |
|                                              |                             |
| Open Systems & Software                      | M/S     : FREC C1-059       |
| Open System Business Unit                    | ICN     : 229 7152          |
| Systems & Pegasus Program                    | Voice   : +33 76 29 71 52   |
| System Software Productization & ISV Support | Fax     : +33 76 29 71 02   |
| Software Packaging & Manufacturing Transfer  |                             | 
+----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------+

---

From: Jose Roberto Bulcao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 19:33:31 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Pascale,

	Unfortunately, AIX 4.1.3 doesn't do that. The anon.ftp script copies a 
dynamic linked version of "ls" to ~/ftp/bin. So I need for both anonymous 
and guest accounts the bin/ls as the lib/libcurses.a and lib/libc.a 
which occupies near 2Mb of disk space!! 
	If someone knows where could I find the source code of "ls",  I 
would be grateful too.

	Tks,