Subject: NIS and wu-ftpd 2.4?

From: [email-masked] (Philippe Stas)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:36:22 +0200 (DST)

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if we have to use a special setting in the wu-ftpd
setup for giving ftp access to NIS users?

At this moment, (wu-ftpd 2.4 on Irix5.3) onyl persons that are in the
passwd file on the local machine can ftp to the machine; The ones in the
NIS databse cannot, for some odd reason

Some extra info:
the /etc/shells contains /bin/csh and /bin/tcsh, the only shells used 
in the system.

The passwd entry is +::-2:-2:::
giving -2 for userID and GroupID, so blocked access.

Thanks for helping me out

 Johor

"I was all alone, no one around
  and all I could hear was this fucked up sound."
_____________________________________________________________
_  Philippe Stas                        [email-masked]  _
_  Dept. of Cellular Immunology                             _
_  Free University of Brussels          tel: 32-2-359.03.58 _
_  Paardenstraat 65                     Fax: 32-2-359.03.59 _
_  B1640 St.Genesius Rode                                   _
_                      http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~philstas _
_____________________________________________________________