Subject: anonymous ftp uploads

From: Regina Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 11:14:25 -0500

I am still trying to get our Anonymous ftp login to be able to do uploads.
We can get files just fine and use the pwd and ls commands but when we try
to put a file
we get the following

ftp> put test
200 POIRT command successful.
553 TEST: Permission denied. (Filename(accept))

I have double checked our permissions and made sure all the libraries are in
place. I have also checked the ftpaccess file to make sure uploads we allowed. 

We are running wu-ftpd version 2.4 on Solaris 2.4. If anyone has an idea of
why we get permission denied I will be most grateful for the help.

Thanks
Regina
****************************************************
Regina Murphy
MIS Support Specialist
Datalogics inc. Formerly Adobe Systems formerly Frame Technology
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 21:28:58 +0200 (MET DST)

> why we get permission denied I will be most grateful for the help.

Is the path-filter set correct ? Something like :

path-filter anonymous /etc/paths.msg ^[-A-Za-z0-9\._]*$ ^\. ^-

                                    Grtx KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE