Subject: Digital Unix (OSF/1) Enhanced C2 Security and wu-ftpd?

From: Craig Rodrigues <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 18:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Has anyone gotten wu-ftpd to work with Digital Unix (OSF/1) Enhanced C2
Security?
Also, is it possible to change the default umask for an ftp user with
wu-ftpd?
Thanks.
-- 
Craig Rodrigues                     CyberPlex Interactive Media
Application Programmer              24 Duncan St., Suite 300
                                    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5V 2B8
[email-masked]                 (416) 597-8889(voice) (416)597-2345(fax)

---

From: Bob DeBula <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:35:23 -0400 (EDT)

> Has anyone gotten wu-ftpd to work with Digital Unix (OSF/1) Enhanced C2

I installed Beta 11 on my Alpha running Digital Unix 3.2D with enhanced 
security and experienced problems until I did as outlined below:
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have enhanced security installed and activated? If so,
you need to copy the entire contents of "/etc/sia" to your ftp
hierachy under the "etc" directory. As an example:
 
        # cd /etc
        # tar -cvf - sia | (cd ~ftp/etc;tar -xpf -)
 
I do know that wu-ftpd (password verification) didn't work correctly
for me until I copied the "sia" directory hierarchy over to the ftp etc
directory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

With Beta 11 and the entire "sia" directory under the FTP hierarchy,
everything seems to be working fine at the moment.