Subject: How to chroot for non anon user?

From: "Matthew B. Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 14:30:57 -0400

I want our non-anonymous users to get their home directory as root when ftping.
Example, I ftp to the machine, and instead of getting /user/home/matthew, I
get /, which is /user/home/matthew.  I don't want them to be able to cd ..
inside ftp, but still be allowed from a telnet.  Is this possible?  

I'm using wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.4

Thanks,
Matt

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:37:58 -0500 (CDT)

> inside ftp, but still be allowed from a telnet.  Is this possible?  

Get the guest ftp howto below and have at it.

   -- Michael

This is the location for the latest wu-ftpd.  You can't see the
directory contents, but get the file anyway.  It's there.

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

WU-FTPD FAQ:  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

guest howto:  ftp://ftp.fni.com/pub/wu-ftpd/guest-howto

There are additional security references in the above docs.