Subject: restricted ftp login

From: Nina Burns-Pomeroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:52:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.  I'm running IRIX 6.2 with wu-ftpd 2.4.

I've set up an id with /etc/ftponly as their shell.  I would like this 
user to only be able to ftp and only see their home directory when they 
ftp in.  Currently, we then ftp to the host, they do get to their home 
directory however, if I cd / they can get to the rest of the machine.

Any suggestions?  Please reply directly to me as I am not a subscriber to 
this list.  I will post a summary of reponses.  Thanks!

N

=====================================================================
Nina Burns Pomeroy	                   Senior Consultant/Designer
Kinetic Wave					 [email-masked]
			www.kineticwave.com
=====================================================================

---

From: Bertrum Carroll <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 19:04:49 -0500

If your FTP login problem fixed please send me the detials on how you
did it?

--