Subject: denied anonymous upload access in /incoming

From: MIke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 11:51:24 -0400

on my ftp server, i wanted to have it setup so it would allow anonymous
users to upload to /incoming, this worked fine, but then we switched to Red
Hat (instead of slackware) and when i started putting everything back up on
the server, i noticed that their was no incoming dir, so i just made one.
Now i noticed that anonymous users can't upload in /incoming. Anyone have an
idea why?

drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul 31 12:47 incoming

thats the info on /incoming
                                                        thanks
                                                  [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:09:59 -0500 (CDT)

> drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul 31 12:47 incoming

chmod 733 incoming

   -- Michael

---

From: Paul Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:41:12 -0400 (EDT)

> drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul 31 12:47 incoming

do a chmod o+w incoming in your ~ftp directory.