Subject: configuring guest class users so that "dir" returns list of files

From: Steve Fallin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:20:50 -0400

we have a number of "guest" class users.  Their home directories are
set up with rwxr_xr_x permissions.  I have installed a bin dir. with ls as a
sub directory.  I have created a full passwd file set and installed it in an
etc directory off of the users home dir.  I have copied ls to the
/bin/ftp-exec dir.  they chroot fine but no ability to get that blasted listing
as a guest user.  Real users work great.   Am I crazy did I miss
somthing?  or should this work?

TIA 
Steve   

I am running bsdi 2.1 and wu-ftpd 2.4(1)

---

From: "W. James Showalter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

I have been using the class and autogroup commands for some time
with no problem.  Lately I tried to add some complexity but
could not get it to work.  According to the man page, only the first
class command that applies is used.  But nothing is said about
only using the first autogroup command.  I have the following
setup. (The actual groups are different).

	class me anonymous my_ip_address
	class you anonymous your_ip_address

	autogroup both_of_us me you
	autogroup only_me  me
 
Now when I log in I can access files with group both_of_us but
not the only_me group files.  If I make the only_me autogroup
line first, then I can access the only_me group files but not the
both_of_us files.  Does anyone know of a patch to the code to
*fully* parse the class and autogroup lines to allow the above
(and even more elaborate) scenarios.

The /etc/group files are correctly setup and all files and
directories are properly tagged with their permissions and groups.
Also, I could find nothing in the FAQ on this topic.

Thanks,
Jim