Subject: Help on WU FTP

From: [email-masked] (Thierry Frati)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 96 17:13:17 +0200

Hello all,

I am running wu-ftpd on a Sun running Solaris 2.3. I am trying to
extract files from a tar file generated on a Sun. I need this 
functionnality on different OS including VMS, WIN95, Windows/NT.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Thierry FRATI

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 14:25:42 -0500 (CDT)

> functionnality on different OS including VMS, WIN95, Windows/NT.

The latest GNU tar should handle almost any tarfile format (old or new);
I believe prep.ai.mit.edu has binaries of GNU tar for all the platforms
you mentioned.  (If not, the only tough binaries would be 95/NT, which you
can find DOS versions of at wuarchive.wustl.edu/systems/msdos/gnuish)

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:56:58 -0400 (EDT)

The most recent version of tar on prep.ai has a compile problem
in the intl directory for SunOS 4.1.4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     News, Web, Telnet      Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959         SunOS 4.1.4 Sparc 20   Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]    [email-masked]     http://www.lightlink.com