Subject: Re: HELP RE: INSTALATION ON IRIX

From: [email-masked] (neville stott)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 08:21:47 -0100

hello 

 I had the same problem with irix 5.3 and bill edmunds helped me out with
 this.

ftp://ftp.ex.ac.uk/pub/unix/SGI_wuftpd-2.4.tar.gz

 it compiled fine first time.

Hope that helps,

 neville stott

>Dear all:
>
>I am trying to install wu-ftpd in an Indy (SGI IRIX 6.2) but I am 
>receiveing several error messages from the 'build sgi'.  I did not change 
>any of the defaults in the src/pathnames.h as they seem ok to me.
>
>Below is the error report I receive.  If someone who is experienced with 
>wu-ftpd could assist me in correcting these errors to achieve a 
>successful installation I would appreciate it.
>
>I have tried to change the ftpd.c file as suggested in 'INSTALL' but it 
>still did not work.  I do not know what arguments are expected in 
>make args are :
>make opts are :
>
>Any feedback would be helpful.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>David M
>
>
>---
>System: IRIX 6.2 IP22
>
>hectic% build sgi
>make args are : 
>make opts are : 
>
>Linking Makefiles.
>
>Making support library.
>        cc -O -DDEBUG   -c getusershell.c
>        cc -O -DDEBUG   -c fnmatch.c
>        cc -O -DDEBUG   -c strcasestr.c
>        cc -O -DDEBUG   -c strsep.c
>        cc -O -DDEBUG   -c authuser.c
>        rm -f libsupport.a
>        ar cq libsupport.a getusershell.o fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o 
>authuser.o
>        touch libsupport.a
>
>Making ftpd.
>        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
>cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:134: Macro va_start redefined.
>cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:141: Macro _VA_ALIGN redefined.
>cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:147: Macro __va_stack_arg redefined.
>cfe: Warning 609: ftpd.c: 2021: The number of arguments in the macro 
>invocation does not match the definition
>cfe: Warning 609: ftpd.c: 2072: The number of arguments in the macro 
>invocation does not match the definition
>cfe: Warning 609: ftpd.c: 2699: The number of arguments in the macro 
>invocation does not match the definition
>cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 143: redeclaration of 'realpath'; previous 
>declaration at line 213 in file '/usr/include/stdlib.h'
>  *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
> --^
>cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 143: Incompatible type for the function parameter
>  *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
> -----------------^
>cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2021: Syntax Error
>     (ap = ((char *)& + sizeof())) ;
> ------------------------------^
>cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2072: Syntax Error
>     (ap = ((char *)& + sizeof())) ;
> ------------------------------^
>cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2699: Syntax Error
>     (ap = ((char *)& + sizeof())) ;
> ------------------------------^
>*** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
>Making ftpcount.
>        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpcount 
>ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport
>ld: FATAL 9: I/O error (vers.o): No such file or directory
>*** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
>Making ftpshut.
>        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpshut ftpshut.c 
>vers.o -lsupport
>ld: FATAL 9: I/O error (vers.o): No such file or directory
>*** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
>Making ckconfig.
>        cc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ckconfig ckconfig.c
>
>Links to executables are in bin directory:
>size: bin/ftpd: cannot open
>size: bin/ftpcount: cannot open
>size: bin/ftpshut: cannot open
>size: bin/ftpwho: cannot open
>bin/ckconfig: 
>
>        Section              Size        Physical        Virtual
>                                         Address         Address
>
>             .interp          19         4194612         4194612        
>       .MIPS.options          96         4194632         4194632        
>            .reginfo          24         4194728         4194728        
>            .dynamic         248         4194752         4194752        
>            .liblist          20         4195000         4195000        
>             .dynstr         305         4195020         4195020        
>               .hash         408         4195328         4195328        
>             .dynsym         576         4195736         4195736        
>        .MIPS.symlib          36         4196312         4196312        
>               .msym         288         4196348         4196348        
>         .MIPS.stubs         100         4196636         4196636        
>               .text        1408         4196736         4196736        
>               .init          32         4198144         4198144        
>             .rodata        1376        268439552       268439552       
>                .got          68        268440928       268440928       
>                .bss          12        268440996       268440996       
>3560 + 1444 + 12 = 5016
>Done
>
>hectic% build install
>make args are : 
>make opts are : 
>don't know how to make bin/ftpd (bu42).
>
>

---

From: David M <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 18:34:43 +1000 (EST)

Hello again!

>  it compiled fine first time.

Thank you... :)  It seems to have gone alot better but there are still 
some errors displayed.  I guess this is cause I am using IRIX 6.2...  let 
me know if you have any other tips on how to solve the problems below.  
Much appreciated!

Best regards,

David M

---
hectic 86# ./build sgi 
make args are : 
make opts are : 

Linking Makefiles.
makefiles/Makefile.sgi and Makefile are identical
config/config.sgi and config.h are identical
makefiles/Makefile.sgi and Makefile are identical

Making support library.
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG   -c getusershell.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG   -c fnmatch.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG   -c strcasestr.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG   -c strsep.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG   -c authuser.c
        rm -f libsupport.a
        ar cq libsupport.a getusershell.o fnmatch.o strcasestr.o strsep.o 
authuser.o
        touch libsupport.a

Making ftpd.
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
        yacc  ftpcmd.y
        mv -f y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpcmd.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c glob.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c logwtmp.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c popen.c
        sh newvers.sh
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c vers.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c access.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c extensions.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c realpath.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c acl.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c private.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c authenticate.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c conversions.c
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c hostacc.c
don't know how to make /usr/lib/libc_s.a (bu42).

Making ftpcount.
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpcount 
ftpcount.c vers.o -lsupport
ld: WARNING 84: ../support/libsupport.a is not used for resolving any symbol.

Making ftpshut.
        cc -O -cckr -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -o ftpshut 
ftpshut.c vers.o -lsupport
ld: WARNING 84: ../support/libsupport.a is not used for resolving any symbol.

Making ckconfig.
`ckconfig' is up to date.

bin/ftpcount: 

             .interp          19         4194612         4194612        
       .MIPS.options          96         4194632         4194632        
            .reginfo          24         4194728         4194728        
            .dynamic         248         4194752         4194752        
            .liblist          20         4195000         4195000        
             .dynstr         576         4195020         4195020        
               .hash         808         4195596         4195596        
             .dynsym        1152         4196404         4196404        
        .MIPS.symlib          72         4197556         4197556        
               .msym         576         4197628         4197628        
         .MIPS.stubs         516         4198204         4198204        
               .text        3648         4198720         4198720        
               .init          32         4202368         4202368        
             .rodata         496        268443648       268443648       
               .data          80        268444144       268444144       
                .got         212        268444224       268444224       
                .bss          16        268444436       268444436       
7787 + 788 + 16 = 8591
bin/ftpshut: 

             .interp          19         4194612         4194612        
       .MIPS.options          96         4194632         4194632        
            .reginfo          24         4194728         4194728        
            .dynamic         248         4194752         4194752        
            .liblist          20         4195000         4195000        
             .dynstr         459         4195020         4195020        
               .hash         488         4195480         4195480        
             .dynsym         896         4195968         4195968        
        .MIPS.symlib          56         4196864         4196864        
               .msym         448         4196920         4196920        
         .MIPS.stubs         292         4197368         4197368        
               .text        2480         4197664         4197664        
               .init          32         4200144         4200144        
             .rodata         896        268443648       268443648       
               .data          64        268444544       268444544       
                .got         148        268444608       268444608       
                .bss          12        268444756       268444756       
5558 + 1108 + 12 = 6678
bin/ftpwho: 

             .interp          19         4194612         4194612        
       .MIPS.options          96         4194632         4194632        
            .reginfo          24         4194728         4194728        
            .dynamic         248         4194752         4194752        
            .liblist          20         4195000         4195000        
             .dynstr         576         4195020         4195020        
               .hash         808         4195596         4195596        
             .dynsym        1152         4196404         4196404        
        .MIPS.symlib          72         4197556         4197556        
               .msym         576         4197628         4197628        
         .MIPS.stubs         516         4198204         4198204        
               .text        3648         4198720         4198720        
               .init          32         4202368         4202368        
             .rodata         496        268443648       268443648       
               .data          80        268444144       268444144       
                .got         212        268444224       268444224       
                .bss          16        268444436       268444436       
7787 + 788 + 16 = 8591
bin/ckconfig: 

             .interp          19         4194592         4194592        
            .reginfo          24         4194624         4194624        
            .dynamic         176         4194688         4194688        
            .liblist          32         4194864         4194864        
             .dynstr         336         4194896         4194896        
             .dynsym         624         4195232         4195232        
               .hash         432         4195856         4195856        
               .text        1664         4196288         4196288        
               .init          32         4197952         4197952        
             .rodata        1328        268435456       268435456       
                .got          96        268436784       268436784       
                .bss          16        268436880       268436880       
4667 + 96 + 16 = 4779
Done