Subject: ls command under linux 1.2.13

From: [email-masked] (Security Responsible)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:45:24 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've been thru the archive of the list and have noticed that the ls command
for anonymous users is a common problem. But I haven't seen anyone having
this problem under linux ?

You've all certainly seen this already, the results of an ls command:
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp>

Now I did try to recompile ls statically. Didn't change anything.
I put a libc.so5 in ~ftp/lib.  Didn't change anything.

To those of you who did make it work under linux, how did you do it ?

Thanks in advance
Bruno MAMER

P.S.: Please mail me directly too.

__________________________________________________________________
Bruno MAMER
[email-masked]
Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor - Computer Network Services

Our local archive on security :
http://www.crpht.lu/CNS/html/PubServ/Security/home.html

---

From: Chris Yannella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 13:56:31 +0000 ( )

Sorry for the global post...  I'm leaving the country for a few weeks.
Please remove me from the mailing list.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Yannella - System Operator at New Age Consulting Service (216) 951-8266
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line
          http://www.nacs.net   [email-masked]   Voice: (216)-524-8414
                     Personal E-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Andy Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:45:51 -0500 (CDT)

> Please remove me from the mailing list.

You can do it yourself with a single e-mail message.

Send mail to: [email-masked]

with NO SUBJECT and the words "unsubscribe wu-ftpd" in the body (minus 
quotes, of course).  That should do it.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Andy Ellsworth  |  [email-masked] |  Admin/Cyberdiplomat, Wuarchive    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are neither beginnings nor     |
| endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..." |
|                                   --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan  |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+