Subject: passive mode problems

From: Regina Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:09:59 -0500

I have the wu-ftpd running on solaris 2.4 We can upload and download from
ftp clients using active mode but we cannot upload from clients running
passive mode (netscape and other web browsers). 

I have read the faq and chnaged the mode for ~ftp/dev/tcp but this did not
eliminate the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? and how did you fix it?

Thanks
Regina
****************************************************
Regina Murphy
MIS Support Specialist
Datalogics inc. Formerly Adobe Systems formerly Frame Technology
[email-masked]

---

From: "James B. Byrne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 17:00:17 -0400

By 'passive' mode to you mean anonymous ftp?  If so and you have
configured your fptaccess file to contain the following statement:

passwd-check rfc822 warn/deny

Then you will probably get a failure when you try to use netscape v1.x
and v2.x.  Version 3.0bx has an option to send the complete e-mail
address as an anonymous ftp login but the earlier varients seem to send
'mozilla@' instead.  Remove the passwd check and see what happens.

regards,
-- 
James B. Byrne			mailto:[email-masked]
Harte & Lyne Limited		http://www.harte-lyne.ca
Hamilton, Ontario		905-561-1241