Subject: Guestgroup wierdness [ANSWER]

From: "Jim Alton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 09:54:40 +0000

Good Day All:

 I posted a message last night asking for assistance with an odd 
problem.  I had established some guestgroup users who (in short) 
would get no output from a "dir" command but did get output from a 
"ls" command when issued from their ftp client program.  Since many 
GUI clients only issue only a "dir" command this presented a problem.

 The platform in question was AIX 3.2.5 and the beta-11 release of 
wu-ftpd.

 Realizing that guestgroup users and anonymous users had similar 
requirements in terms of supporting directory structures and 
utilities I began searching the system for a script that established 
anonymous ftp accounts with the "stock" AIX ftpd.  Low and behold, 
one existed.

 I read through the script, and using it as a model created another 
script to perform the portions I needed.   It now works well.  Of 
note is the inclusion of libc.a in the guestgroup supporting 
directory structure.

 Many thanks to those who responded.

Jim
        ./\.
     _|\|  |/|_   Jim Alton - Consultant - InteGain Corporation
     \        /   [email-masked]
      >______<    Phone:  (416) 410-4572
         /