Subject: Question about wu-2.4

From: [email-masked] (Mark S. Tremblay)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 12:44:17 -0400 (EDT)

I am new to this list, so if this question is redundant of
conversations past, please bare with me...

We are using wu-ftpd (version 2.4) for some file uploads and are having
trouble with file synchronization.  It seems there is no file locking
when a PUT is initiated within the ftpd.

The problem presents itself that while that PUT is happening, another
process can come along and within FTP to a RETR on that same file
before it has completed.  This causes problems with partial files
being taken from the server. 

My questions...

- Is there any functionality within wu-ftp that will eliminate this?
- Will the next version provide for file locking on PUTS?  
- Finally, has anyone already patched the source to do this locking?

Thanks,

-- 
-Mark S. Tremblay
 Eastman Kodak - Elmgrove Plant
 [email-masked]
 (716) 253-0102