Subject: Reinstalling wu-ftpd

From: MIke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:42:09 -0400

I happened to find out that the version of wu-ftpd i currently have
installed on my linux system has a large security bug. I got my hands on teh
fixed version, and want to know what i should do first before installing the
new version. What should i do to the already installed version?

                                                        thanks
                                                [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:37:14 +0200 (MET DST)

> new version. What should i do to the already installed version?

First check if the paths to wtmp and the logfile are correct,

then, as root, overwrite the ftpd binary.

                                          Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE