Subject: little big nightmare (again)

From: Michele Trotta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 19:47:43 +0200 (MET DST)

This message has been posted 2 weeks ago.
Please scuseme for this "repost". I hope that some1 will be able to
help me with this.
------------------

Hello ftpadmin fellows :)

Here is my little big nightmare.

I run wu-2.4.2 academ BETA 11 on a P-100 with 48 Megs and 20 Gigs of HDD
and a 3COM 3C509B (tested with 3C590 too).
The O/S is Linux 1.2.13 and it seems to be really OK.

Now the problem.

With EVERY O/S version > than the 1.2.13 (till 2.010!) i get every random 
times (10 is an average) a weird death from the server which stops
misteriously to send packets when it reaches the 49152nd byte.

Ethernal glory to whom will try to help me with this stuff. :)

                                       Michele Trotta
                                Ftpadmin of ftp.flashnet.it

P.S. Don't suggest me to change OS! :))

---

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah its true.
 
    go to the newest kernel.  You will need a new ps also.
 
    Homer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith     News, Web, Telnet      Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959         SunOS 4.1.4 Sparc 20   Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[email-masked]    [email-masked]     http://www.lightlink.com