Subject: Re: Logouts/ftpcount/ftpusers

From: "Haralds Jass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 21:58:03 -0800

On  7 Jul 96 at 23:50, Keith Smith wrote:

>
> This is a very well known problem.  With each version of WU-Ftp the 
> problem gets a little bit "better".  Most systems don't have any 
> problems at all any more.
> 
> There is a patch floating about which *might* help you (check the 
> FAQ) and there is a switch which is supposed to disconnect any 
> connections that have been idle for xx mins.
> 

>From wu-ftpd man page:
     The ftp server will timeout an  inactive  session  after  15
     minutes.   If  the   - t option is specified, the inactivity
     timeout period will be set to timeout seconds.  A client may
     also  request a different timeout period; the maximum period
     allowed may be set to timeout seconds with the  - T  option.
     The default limit is 2 hours.

Hmm, well this isn't happening for these cases...so I'll have to find the patch. 
I seem to have lost the URL of the FAQ... (what a common problem too probably! :-) 
If anyone could enlighten me with the FAQ URL (or, even better, a straight URL 
to the patch), that would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Haralds