Subject: Re: wuftpd & AIX

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:52:01 +0200 (MET DST)

Quoting Nina Burns-Pomeroy, who wrote :

> I have already tried what you suggested regarding the patch and the 
> /etc/shells file;

> Any other tricks up your sleeve I could try?

No, that about empties my sleeve. The only other thing I could think of
now is a complete walkthrough of the code inserting debug statements
everywhere to see which statement is the 'killer'.

Uhm.. you could check whether your version of the operating system and
wu-ftpd agree on the use of shadow passwords. I do remember that certain
versions of AIX have a very weird shadow passwording system.

                                         Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE