Subject: Static ls not compiling.

From: Anthony Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 14:56:21 -0400

I obtained that ftpd-ls in order to compile it for ftpd.  I encountered this
problem.

ftp-cu# make
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  cmp.c
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  ls.c
ls.c: In function `parse_nameset':
ls.c:464: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer type
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  print.c
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  util.c
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  readdir.c
gcc -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES  -c  namemap.c
gcc -static -o ls -g -DWITHIN_FTPDLS -DUSE_GETWD -DNO_GETPW -DUSE_UTIMES cmp.o l
s.o print.o util.o readdir.o namemap.o
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
major                               print.o
minor                               print.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ls
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ls'

I have included the <types.h> in the print.c.  Working with gcc 2.7.2 and
Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra.  Any help would be appricated.

Anth
*********************************
Anthony Perry - Symantec Corp.  |
416/441-3676        		|
[email-masked]		|
*********************************