Subject: Virtual hosting

From: Emanuel Borsboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 11:22:43 -0700

I have seen a few ISPs that offer virtual-hosted ftp sites running on an
enhanced version of wuftpd.  Could anybody point me to where I could find
an enhanced server with this important feature, or send me patches?  Thanks
for you help,

Emanuel Borsboom

---

From: "Haralds Jass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:36:47 -0800

> an enhanced server with this important feature, or send me patches?  Thanks

Actually, if you get the latest (b11) academ version from ftp.academ.com it has 
the patches right in it. See src/patches (I think) and apply them.

You also might want to change the FTP display message, or else it will still
display "your-real-host" FTP server ready, not the virtual name or IP, for
all. Change that in ftpd.c. (find 220).

---

From: Terry Esau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 18:11:29 -0600

>an enhanced server with this important feature, or send me patches?  Thanks

I am running Beta 10 with no problems & no patches,on Solaris 2.4
When you log in you wouldn't know you are at a virtual site.

============================================================
= Terry Esau        Main address:       [email-masked] =
= kneehill internet services       http://www.kneehill.com =
========= Linden ====== Alberta ======== Canada ============