Subject: question about wu-ftpd

From: Tony Chia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 09:03:22 -0700 (PDT)

owl:/net/wren/z/src/wu-ftpd-2.4_ns33 75$ftp ftp.csulb.edu
Connected to tern.csulb.edu.
220 tern.csulb.edu FTP server (Version wu-2.4(5) Tue Oct 4 15:17:05 PDT
1994) ready.
Name (ftp.csulb.edu:slchia):        

owl:/net/wren/z/src/wu-ftpd-2.4_ns33 76$ftp ftp.loop.com
Connected to janis.loop.com.
220 janis.loop.com FTP server (Version wu-2.4(3) Fri Jun 14 03:15:26 PDT
1996) ready.
Name (ftp.loop.com:slchia): 

What does the number in parenthesis after "Version wu-2.4" mean?  Also
what's the significance of the date and time after that?

Thanks in advance.

--Tony Chia
                                  _____..---========+^+=========---.._____
     ______________________ __,-='=====____  ================== _____=====`=
    (._____________________I__) - _-=_/    `--------=+=--------'
        /      /__...---===='---+---_'           
       '------'---.___ -  _ =   _.-'    http://www.engr.csulb.edu/~tchia
                      `--------'