Subject: W4W doc trans

From: "Peter Harris Service-LL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 11:09:47 +0100

Hi chaps/chapesses

I know this isn't completely wu-ftpd, but i am up to my eyes and 
somebodies just pressed the panic button. I want to transfer w4w docs to 
a PC from my FTP server, but word will not read them. (If I transfer by 
floppy from the ftp server, the PC reads them OK). I presume it's 
something to do with binary/ASCII transfer modes - could some nice person 
answer quickly!!! It's worth a pint!!!!
Pete
___________________________________
Peter Harris
Information Technologist
Services Information Group
Lodge Farm, Lodge Lane
England
Ext: 33201
DDI: +44 1494 541201
email: [email-masked]
___________________________________

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 09:36:49 -0500 (CDT)

> Hi chaps/chapesses
           ^^^^^^^^^
:)

> answer quickly!!! It's worth a pint!!!!

It's up to the PC client software / user to set the proper transfer mode. 
Sounds like you fetched in in ASCII mode.  You didn't give whether the PC
is running DOS or Windows. 

If you are using a DOS command line client, try issuing an 'image' command
just before fetching the file. 

If you are on Windows, try getting the ws_ftp client from
ftp.ipswitch.com.  It is good stuff. 

   -- Michael