Subject: syslogd not logging ftp connections...

From: Russ Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:03:21 -0400

I have an HP running HP/UX 9.04 and I've compiled and setup
wu-ftpd2.4 without too many problems but it seems that syslog does
not log any ftp information no matter how I setup the syslog.conf
file. I looked in the src/config.h file and see that FACILITY
LOG_LOCAL5 is defined. Do I need to include FACILITY LOG_DAEMON in 
this  file and re-compile? Where can I get info on these LOG_LOCAL* 
facilities?

					Thank you,
					Russ Hartman

---

From: Jos Vos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:37:21 +0200 (MET DST)

> this  file and re-compile? Where can I get info on these LOG_LOCAL* 

If this is the case, you could add the line

local5.debug		/whatever/log/file/you/like

to your /etc/syslog.conf file.  This should work.

-- 
--    Jos Vos <[email-masked]>
--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Phone: +31 20 6938364
--    Amsterdam, The Netherlands        |     Fax: +31 20 6948204