Subject: The big picture on wu-ftp

From: [email-masked] (Fred Toth)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 22:28:49 -0400

Hi all. I've done some homework, read the FAQ, downloaded some source code,
etc., but I would still like some help on the wu-ftp "big picture":

It appears that:

1. The original wu-ftp is available, and is at version 2.4
2. Others have added to the code, and their version is 2.4.2.beta.11 or
some such.
3. There is a patch for allowing wu-ftp to handle multiple domains on a
single host, sometimes known as multi-homed, or virtual hosts, much like
is done with some web servers (we need this!).

My questions:

What's the "best" approach to setting up wu-ftp, starting on a new machine
(BSDI), with a need for the multi-home features? Should I start with the
original or the beta code? Does the beta code include the virtual host patches?

I appreciate your advice. After we get the "big picture", I'm sure I'll be
back to the list with more nitty-gritty questions.

Thanks,

Fred Toth
[email-masked]