Subject: Virtual Ftp problem

From: Domenico Dato <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 20:43:24 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Hi,

i just installed wu-ftpd Version wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-11] with virtual ftp
enabled.
I have problems running the virtual servers. If i ftp to a virtual server
from the localhost, i obtain:

421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

If i ftp to the same virtual server from a remote host, the connection is
established and i'm able to log in.

Sometime i obtain the the same error message depending on the directory i
set as home for that virtual host.

Furthermore, even if i'm able to login, the server doesn't work: when i
try to do an "ls" command, i am not able to obtain the file list.

I monitored the ip traffic to see what happen: i saw the data connection
is opened and immediatly closed. 

What i'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Domenico

--
Domenico Dato                        | Internet: [email-masked]
Computer Science, University of Pisa |               [email-masked]
Voice/Modem/Fax (39) 50 543615       |               [email-masked]

---

From: Jeremie Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:26:17 -0500

> is opened and immediatly closed.

I had strange problems too, doing this helped me.

I stuck a "return;"  around lines 423 and 501 in src/extensions.c and it fixed 
everything!  If this works for you, let me know!

Jeremie Miller
[email-masked]