Subject: Re: WU-FTPD on IRIX 5.3?

From: "Kevin M. Mello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 15:33:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Chris Tubutis wrote:

> Has anyone successfully compiled this daemon (or for that matter, anything :)
> on SGI's IRIX v5.3 using their IDO?  I'm having no end of problems with it
> redeclaring variables already present in stdlib.h, bad sizeof parameters, etc.
>  Would gcc help?
> 
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
> 
> Chris
> 
> -- 
> Chris Tubutis                          | Tele-Communications, Inc.
> TCI Advanced Information Technology    | AIT - Internal Networks
> (303) 267-7503                         | 5970 S. Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Ste. 156
> [email-masked]                | Englewood, CO  80111
> 

ah, the joys of compiling source code on sgi...

Yes I too croaked when compiling wu-ftpd 2.4 on the sgi irix 5.3., Yet it
compiled find on many of our other unix platforms...

anyway, try the newer wu-ftpd (with virtual patch). It compiled great.  I did
have to manually run the newvers.sh script, this makes a file: vers.c .

You can find the beast @ anonymous ftp:

ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

Before I found the 2.4.2 beta, I used a 2.4 inst kit for irix 5.3 I found
from a gov site (but if you're like me, I'm a little skitty about 
pre-compiled binaries).  If you would like this, let me know... I'll digup
where I found it or give you access to the copy I have...

good luck,
kevin

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
[ Kevin M. Mello (Director of Computing)  fax: 603.334.6457     ]
] Rocket Science Computer Services INC  voice: 603.334.6444     [
[ [InterNETworking solutions]            beep: 603.385.6243     ]
] 601 Spaulding Tpk.                    Email: [email-masked] [
[ Suite 40, Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA     http://www.rscs.net    ]
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+