Subject: ftp conversions

From: [email-masked] (Manfred D. M. Sever)
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 11:13:39 -0400

Hello everyone!

I've recently installed wu-ftp version 2.4 on a Sun Sparc 10
running Solaris 2.4.

The file conversions aren't working properly and I don't know
why!?!  I've read the FAQ and the man pages (I think)....

I seem to have all of the required libraries and I have tested
the commands in the <wu-ftp-home>/bin directory using the chroot
command.

I have looked at the /etc/ftpaccess and /etc/ftpconversions files
and tried to make changes there but to no avail!

Here is the problem.  I start up an anonymous ftp session and cd
to the ``pub'' directory.  I type ``dir'' to get a directory listing
and then type ``get <filename>''.  This works fine.

However, if I type ``get <filename>.Z'', or ``get <filename>.gz'', or
``get <filename>.tar'', or any combination of these, I get a file not
found error.

Can anybody help?  Perhaps some example ftpconversions and ftpaccess
files would help.  Have I forgotten something?

Manfred.

===============================================================================
Manfred D. M. Sever               |
                                  |
Space Robotics Group,             | E-mail: [email-masked]
University of Toronto             | Tel.:   (416) 667-7744 (Desk)
Institute for Aerospace Studies   |         (416) 667-7731 (Computer Room)
4925 Dufferin Street              |         (416) 667-7722 (Lab)
Downsview, ON  CANADA             | Fax:    (416) 667-7799
M3H 5T6                           |
===============================================================================