Subject: Systems specs

From: Anthony Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 15:04:38 -0400

I was wondering if anyone is running WU-FTPD on the new Sun Ultra's?  

Actually a more general question would be if you wanted to support 200-400
concurrent users what type of systems specs would one get?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 96 12:39:41 -0800

The most important things to consider is disk speed and memory.
For 200-400 concurrent users you will need at least 256MB and 
maybe more as you approach 400. Also, go with wide-scsi and
RAID or striped configurations. I have around 100-150 concurrent
users on a SPARCstation 20 and there is never a CPU bottleneck.
I did have a shortage of memory until I increased it to 128MB. I
still have occasions where I run short of memory. And disk could
always be faster.......

>Any information would be appreciated.
Scott McClain                       Lead Systems Administrator
[email-masked]                   Interserv Network Operations