Subject: Re: Solaris 2.4 and limiting access to users directory...

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 08:20:30 -0600

Your ls -l is not working. I would conclude that your built in ls is
working, but the one in your ~ftp/bin is not, ie. you need to build a
static version or get all the appropriate lib files put in ~ftp/lib.

David

>Well, thanks to Vincent Cajo for answering my query so quickly.
>However, I am having a problem now that I have never seen:
>I can login to the account from a unix ftp client, and the default
>windows 95 client (text based) and have no problems and the user
>is limited no prob.  From a windows based ftp client (Fetch 3.0.1
>on the Mac) I cannot see the files/folders in the directory.
>Upload a file from Fetch 3.0.1 and you can see it, but rename it
>and it disappears (with the new name).
>
>Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
>-bob

.............................................................................
David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS Department
Digital Multimedia Specialist         Missoula, MT  59812
                                      Work Phone : (406)243-4810

---

From: [email-masked] (Manfred D. M. Sever)
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 08:42:33 -0400

> 
> I have a tar file I use to create virtual ftp sites for my domains
> it has in it all the files needed for ftp to work on solaris 2.4
> if you want it ...  Email me.
>

> ============================================================
> = Terry Esau        Main address:       [email-masked] =
> = kneehill internet services       http://www.kneehill.com =
> ========= Linden ====== Alberta ======== Canada ============
> 
> 

I would also be interested in this tar file!

Thanks in advance,

Manfred.

===============================================================================
Manfred D. M. Sever               |
                                  |
Space Robotics Group,             | E-mail: [email-masked]
University of Toronto             | Tel.:   (416) 667-7744 (Desk)
Institute for Aerospace Studies   |         (416) 667-7731 (Computer Room)
4925 Dufferin Street              |         (416) 667-7722 (Lab)
Downsview, ON  CANADA             | Fax:    (416) 667-7799
M3H 5T6                           |
===============================================================================