Subject: proper time stamps in AIX 3.2.5

From: [email-masked] (Malisch, Susan)
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 10:44:27 -0700

I am putting the finishing touches on the wuftp installation on an AIX 3.2.5 
system.  I've seen a number of inquiries on correcting the time stamp for 
the "ls -l" for Solaris, but nothing for AIX.  I had located a file 
"/usr/lpp/dcebase/inst_root/etc/zoneinfo" and copied it to a duplicate 
structure in /usr under the ~ftp directory with no results.  Additionally, I 
have noticed the the logging that occurs in the "xferlog" is recording an 
erroneous time when transmissions occur.  I assume that these are both 
related.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much,
Susan Malisch
AIS - UCLA
[email-masked]

---

From: Doug Dalton - Staff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 14:26:12 -0400 (EDT)

I have compiled Wuftpd without error on Solaris 2.5 with the -DVIRTUAL
and I try to connect to the virtual ftp host and I get the real ftp host, 
does anyone have this working on 2.5? (I have added the virtual 
section in my /etc/ftpaccess)

Thanks

R/Doug
                           \l/
                          (O O)
o---------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo----------------------------o
I Doug Dalton - Internet Systems Engineer                      I 
I I-NExT - Making The Net Work                                 I
I http://www.internext.com/dougs                               I
o--------------------------------------------------------------o

---

From: [email-masked] (Joshua Krage)
Date: Tue, 14 May 96 15:39:53 -0500

> "/usr/lpp/dcebase/inst_root/etc/zoneinfo" and copied it to a duplicate 

Sounds like you're using either the wu-ftpd2.4 release of the
wu-ftpd2.4-academ release and not one of the newer Beta versions (also
from Academ).  Check the FAQ for information on the latest versions.

Before 'build aix', make sure that line 18 of src/config/config.h is:
  #undef  SETPROCTITLE

Then 'build aix' and you're all set.  The latest beta (Academ-v11)
includes this fix (in a different way).  Just edit src/pathnames.h,
then 'build aix'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                            Joshua Krage
Network Administrator          SCIENTECH, Inc.                (301) 468-6425

---

From: Dirk Knabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:56:21 +0200

> related.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Try this to solve your problem. I read it last week in the searchable
archives of the mailing list from WUARCHIVE-FTPD. I did it with success.

(The solution is from: Shane Castle [email-masked]).

Frequently, the SETPROCTITLE definition causes wu-ftpd to destroy all
environment variables, including the TZ environment variable.  If the
TZ environment variable is destroyed then all routines that display
time will use the actual recorded time (GMT) and never convert it to
local time.  Before you do the 'build aix' step, undefine SETPROCTITLE
by changing the following line in the src/config/config.aix file from:
     #define SETPROCTITLE
to:
     #undef  SETPROCTITLE

-- 
Dirk Knabe		  [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------
Hochschulrechenzentrum der Universitaet-GH Essen