Subject: Re: ls on ftp ok; ls -la not ok ??

From: [email-masked] (Robert Chea)
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 13:20:36 -0700

>On Wed, 8 May 1996, Robert Chea wrote:
>
>> In relation to the problem below,  is there a way to compile a STATIC ls
>> that will allow you to do ls -la
>> or ls -lR ?  My core is also getting dumped when I do ls -l on a STATICALLY
>> compiled ls.  I'm on Solaris 2.x.
>

I've already compiled with the -static flag, but the ls -la doesn't work.
Does anyone know if I need to make modifications to the ls.c source or
something?

>Using gcc, just add the '-static' flag.  Not sure of other compilers.
>Static utilities are *much* simpler to use, and if you need multiple
>instances for multiple guest logins just use hard links to a single file.
>
>   -- Michael

Robert S. Chea
Director of Information Systems
[email-masked]

Phone:  (408) 261-6222
Fax:  (408) 261-6226