Subject: chdir's and symlinks

From: Lee McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 22:41:57 +0100

I mentioned a while back on this list that I had patches to wuftpd to
allow it to report the directory in terms of where you chdir'd to not
where you actually are.  This can make it a lot easier to navigate
symlink trees.

I have submitted this and various other patches to the Academ people but
as they are fairly major the will be rolled out in the next main
release.

I've a version of the patches to apply to beta-11 that are:

	COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED

Sorry I just haven't the time...

The patches are to be found in:
		
	sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk packages/mirror/experimental/wu-2.4.2-upd

BTW: one other *really* cute patch in that bundle is to allow ftpd to
run without inetd.  It then listen()'s and fork()s off copies of itself
to handle incoming requests.  If you have a busy site then this can be a
really big win.  Zap the inetd entry and try:
	in.ftpd -Dlioa

-- 
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8449
South Kensington, London. SW7 2BZ. UK.  Email: [email-masked]