Subject: GuestGroup Users in Multiple Groups

From: Rand Wacker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 14:05:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all, I'm new to this list but I've looked for this problem in the 
FAQ, the man pages, and I can't find a current mailing-list archive and 
I've found nothing really like this.

We're running wu-2.4 on an AIX 4.1.3 server and what I'm trying to do is
give people ftp-only accounts so they can manipulate html files through
ftp.  We have many different users and several different groups who
manipulate these pages, and most of the web directories are owned by
different groups. 

I've set up an ftponly group and added all users that will only be able to
ftp in to that group, in addition to whatever web groups they belong in. 
The users can log in, they're restricted to the appropriate directory
tree, etc.  The problem is that they can only upload to directories which
are owned by their primary group.  They get denied permission messages on
any directories that aren't owned by their primary groups (but _are_ owned
by their secondary groups) It seems that wu-ftp doesn't work with the
notion of allowing one user to exist in several groups at once.  This
presents a problem when we have one user who needs access to many
different directories. 

These are pretty naive users, running macs and pcs.  I don't want to 
require them to do SITE GROUP commands and such.  Is there any way to get 
wu-ftp to exist in several groups at once?

Thanks - Rand

---
Rand Wacker				     
[email-masked]	
http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~randal

---

From: Eilon Gishri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 00:42:20 +0300 (IDT)

> http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~randal
It is fixed in the in the beta versions from academ.

Please add it to the faq if it's not there by now.

-- 
		Eilon Gishri, Tel-Aviv University Computation Center
		Home 03-5078671
		E-mail: [email-masked]