Subject: Wu-ftp, Solaris 2.5, Macintosh Netscape Clients...

From: Mark Flatford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 16:19:30 -0400

To All,

I have a big problem. All my users who have the Macintosh Netscape
client(s), all versions, cannot anonymous ftp to my site. PC, unix, linux,
etc. all have no problems.

I am redistributing software to those Mac clients with this anonymous ftp.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

I am running Solaris 2.5, Wu-FTPD 2.4(4) on a Sparc 20 w/256 meg o ram

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Mark Flatford
Mark A. Flatford
[email-masked]
flatford @usit.net
US Internet

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 23:50:00 +0200 (MET DST)

> I am running Solaris 2.5, Wu-FTPD 2.4(4) on a Sparc 20 w/256 meg o ram

Sounds like the 'correct permissions on /dev/tcp' part..

>From http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html, the FAQ for wu-ftpd in it's
current incarnation :

Apparantly ftpd needs write permission on ~ftp/dev/tcp in order to operate
correctly in passive mode (Solaris). Set it to the same mode as permissions
shown by <code>ls -lL /dev/tcp</code>,
being 666. Also read the Solaris man page for ftpd for Solaris-specific
information. <B>Changed from previous versions</B>

                                       Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE