Subject: upload in ftpaccess

From: Annette Sato <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 11:25:40 PDT

Hello my wu-ftpd friends,
I installed wu-ftpd-2.4 on my HP running 9.07.  I am trying to use the
upload feature of ftpaccess to set the owner and group of the files
being uploaded.  The problem I am having is that the upload only works
if I set the owner of the file to ftp.  I want to set owner to anything
but ftp, root for example.  I have given NFS root access (via exports) 
to the ftp server but it still doesn't work.

The following upload specification works:

	upload /users/ftp /incoming/dir1 yes ftp sys 0600

The following upload specification does not work:

	upload /users/ftp /incoming/dir1 yes root sys 0600

When I upload files using the above, a file gets created with proper
owner and group, however it is empty and I get the following error:

	452 Error writing file: Permission denied.

Am I doing something invalid? Are there restrictions as to who I can
set owner to on the upload feature of ftpaccess?

HELP!
annette