Subject: [Q] BiTrauma

From: Shinanyaku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 12:21:48 -0400

Folks -

Recently I got and compiled wu-ftpd (beta2) and am having the following
problems:

1. my /var/log/xferlog is not being created (or if I create it by hand
[ even with 666 as the perms ] not being written to). ckconfig says
all is well.

2.  No messages are being displayed (via ftpaccess):

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

I'm running Linux 1.3.96, libc-5.3.12

I will provide any more information that is needed. Thanx!

Shin!
__________________________________________________________________________
Another Mailing List personality of Nicholas J. Leon      [email-masked]
  Linux Kernel Database [http://www.binary9.net/nicholas/kerneldb.html]

---

From: "Chris Tubutis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 06:50:18 -0600

On May 1, 12:21pm, Shinanyaku wrote:
> Subject: [Q] BiTrauma

I was just having this problem....  Are you starting ftpd with the -a option?
 It used to be the default, but no longer.  Also, if you start it with the -d
option, just about everything gets logged in your SYSLOG file.

Chris

-- 
Chris Tubutis                          | Tele-Communications, Inc.
TCI Advanced Information Technology    | AIT - Internal Networks
(303) 267-7503                         | 5970 S. Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Ste. 156
[email-masked]                | Englewood, CO  80111

---

From: Shinanyaku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 12:07:26 -0400 (EDT)

Chris Tubutis was heard saying ....
> option, just about everything gets logged in your SYSLOG file.

Ok...ok... <grin>. Yes, the -a flag is no longer the default <sheepish
grin>

But I've noticed another bug .... if I set up group access, no, let me
rephrase that, if I UNCOMMENT the "private yes" flag in ftpaccess,
wu.ftpd segfaults (11) INSTANTLY when receiving the username. If I
comment it back out, then everything works cool (except for private
group access, of course).

Any ideas?

Shin!