Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4

From: Michael Will <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 07:18:03 -0400

I have recently tried to install ftpd-2.4 on a SunOS 2.4.  It seems to
compile fine and I think I have placed all the needed item where they need
to be however I get an error stating:   221 Server shutting down.  Goodbye.

I check a WWW site which mentioned this error but it didn't really seem to
apply to me or I'm not sure what it meant..

Are there FAQ somewhere?  I need to get more information on the passwd
settings and also what it the virtual ftp?

Thanks, Michael

--
Michael Will                    |   Voice: (202) 767-0955
Naval Research Lab Code 8140    |   Fax:   (202) 404-8918
4555 Overlook Ave. SW           |   E-mail: [email-masked]
Washington, DC 20375

Key fingerprint =  F03F 87F2 4264 8540  AA19 92E9 6F03 D219

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:43:10 +0200 (MET DST)

> settings and also what it the virtual ftp?

The FAQ for the recent versions of wu-ftpd is at

http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

                                             Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)     KH106-RIPE