Subject: Re: ls not working

From: [email-masked] (Paul Fincher (CACI))
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 22:15:11 -0400

-->   I have just installed wu-ftpd on a Solaris 2.5 system... Having problems
--> with 'ls'.... When an anonymous user logs in, and types 'ls' all he/she
--> gets is the firstletter of each of the dirs/files on a new line... The
--> case is reversed when a real user logs in and types 'ls'... Instead, the
--> listing is made with the first two letters removed from each of the
--> names... Does anyone know why this would happen? I have successfully
--> installed it on a SunOS system and have done everything pretty much the
--> same...

    I have Solaris 2.5 and had problems with the standard ls myself (although 
they weren't the same as what your seeing).  Iwas told about ftpd-ls. This is a 
completely statically linked ls which I had no problem with. I used the gnu 
compiler (gcc -static) to compile it statically. You may want to pick that one 
up. I searched the web to find it and don't remember exactly where I got it!
Hope this helps, good luck! 

Paul Fincher
J-MASS Operational Support
[email-masked]