Subject: Re: solaris dev/tcp dev/zero

From: [email-masked] (Uwe Willenbacher)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 17:05:37 -0800

You wrote:

> after reading the FAQ, it seems that wu-ftpd running on a solaris machine
> needs the following files ~ftp/dev/tcp and dev/zero
>
> but these devices (as far as i know) can not be "cp" ... could someone
> tell me how to get these files (or dummy versions) into ~ftp/dev
>
> thanx

cd ~ftp/dev
mknode zero c 13 12
mknode tcp c 11 42
cd ..
chmod 555 /dev

Hope this helps...

-Uwe

                                    \\|//
                                    (o o)
==================================w===U===w================================
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
 Uwe Willenbacher      |___|___|___|___|___|___|   Fax: 415.333.5485
 Webmaster/SysAdmin      |___|___|___|___|___|     WWW: www.prowillen.com
 Proctor-Willenbacher  |___|___|___|___|___|___| eMail: [email-masked]
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrea Bellinzaghi)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 09:41:46 +0100

Hi, read the man page about 'mknod' that explains hov to create /dev/zero or 
other files like that.

Ciao Andrea