Subject: Trouble with wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked] (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 13:50:12 -0300

Hi:

   I just installed wu-ftpd in my server but, when I try to connect from a 
client, I get:

  Connected to xxxxx.xxxxx.xx
220 - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
220 -
421 service not available, remote server has closed connection   <<<---

Any clue ?

TIA !

Helio.

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:54:16 +0100 (MET)

> 421 service not available, remote server has closed connection   <<<---

Have a look in your syslog.. first hunch is that the ftpd coredumps.

Looking in your syslog (if set at appropiate levels) can help debug a lot
of problems.

                                              Grtx. KH

-- 
  **  FAQ on current wu-ftpd at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html  **
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Clickety Click