Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 10 available for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 22:08:40 -0600 (CST)

BETA 10 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

Solaris 2.4, SunOS 4.1.4, NetBSD 1.1, FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE, BSD/OS 2.0.1,
BSD/OS 2.1, BSD/OS 1.1, and Linux 1.2.13.

It has been compiled, but not tested on the following systems:

IRIX 5.3

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.

If hardware companies wish to donate equipment running their proprietary
UNIX derivatives to me for doing maintenance work on this and the other
packages I maintain (NNTP, RN, etc), please contact me directly to discuss.

If software companies that sell UNIX derivatives I don't to which I don't
have access wish to donain copies of their UNIX derivative to me for the
purposes of doing maintenace work on this and the other packages I maintain,
please contact me directly to discuss.

This is another release candidate.

The location is: 
	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-10.tar.Z

NOTE: This directory is protected. Attempts to use a directory listing 
command will fail.

                   -0-FIXES IN THIS RELEASE-0-

Fixed the output of "site help" command to return the email address listed
in the "email" entry from the ftpaccess file (if available). Bug reported
by Andras Salamon <[email-masked]>. 

Fixed some configuration problems for Linux. Based on a patch supplied by
Jos Vos <[email-masked]>.

Added back an idle timeout routine that appears to compile cleanly on
all the systems I test on. Patch supplied by Vidiot <[email-masked]>. 

Modified support for virtual domains as suggested by Marc G. Fournier 
<[email-masked]>. Modified the VIRTUAL.FTP.SUPPPORT support file and the
man pages to reflect this change.

Added a number of small changes suggested by a patch supplied by 
Marc G. Fournier <[email-masked]> for FreeBSD.

Made some changes for AIX that I can't verify since I don't have AIX.
Patches suggested by information from Nik Conwell <[email-masked]>.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Campbell)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 18:32:24 -0800 (PST)

>BSD/OS 2.1, BSD/OS 1.1, and Linux 1.2.13.
I've compiled this under SCO Release 5 (3.2v5.0.2) and it appears to be
working with virtual hosts although I haven't done extensive testing to
date.  I haven't been able to get the RFC931 to work properly, and since
this was forced off I wonder if it ever worked.

The main things I did was to:

  1.  Add a type, sc5 to the builds and copied the original sco files to
      corresponding sc5 files.  OSR-5 is a major break from the previous
      SCO devsys so I figured it would be cleaner to use separate files
      than to try to ifdef everthing.

  2.  Fix a couple of SCO header files putting them in /usr/local/include
      and using -I/usr/local/include in CFLAGS to insure that they're
      picked up by any compiler.  There's a program to build these patched
      headers on our system in the file:

      ftp://ftp.celestial.com//pub/sco-ports/unix_3_2v5/include.diffs.gz

  3.  Made a minor change in src/extensions.c to fix a prototype for
      realpath.

  4.  Cleaned up the install portion of the Makefiles to support more forms
      of the /usr/local/man/man?.

If anybody else is working on SCO-5 I would like to compare notes before
submitting my patches.  I can put the patch file up on ftp.celestial.com
or e-mail them to the appropriate places.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [email-masked]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
URL: http://www.celestial.com/