Subject: Help with guestgroup please

From: "Kevin L. Gross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:09:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have set up according to the FAQ, a guestgroup and user so that
they have ftp access, but no telnet. The trouble is, they seem to 
have access to any part of my system, not just their directory. Here
is their passwd entry (fake name) and the ftpacces file. Any help
is very much appreciated. Running on BSDI.

/etc/passwd:
goober:*:106:21:Goober Pyle,,,:/var/www/docs/mayberry/./:/etc/ftponly

/etc/group:
ftponly:*:21:goober

/etc/ftpaccess:
class   local   real,guest,anonymous  *

limit   ftponly   1   Any              /etc/msgs/msg.dead

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

compress        yes             local remote
tar             yes             local remote

log commands real,guest,anonymous
log transfers real,guest,anonymous inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

# specify which group of users will be treated as "guests".
guestgroup ftponly

email [email-masked]