Subject: New version of wu-ftp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:19:01 -0500

I'm looking for the 2.4.2 (beta or not) of wu-ftp

Could someone tell me where to get it

Thanks

Sylvain Morin

---

From: Hung Hing Fai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:20:12 +0800 (HKT)

> Could someone tell me where to get it

Excerpt from: http://www.huv.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html,

3.Where do I get the wu-ftpd ? 

    The wu-ftpd home is wuarchive.wustl.edu, the exact URL is: 

    ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/pub/unix/wuarchive-ftpd/ 

    This daemon is available in source code and binaries from many
    other ftp-sites, ask _archie_ where to find it. Best is to compile
    it yourself, since it has a lot of compile-time options.

      1.Where do I get the updated version ? 

	The above is the last version created by wuarchive. On the
	mailing list, an updated version has been created which is
	maintained by Stan Barber ([email-masked]).

        You can get this beta by ftp from the directory :

	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/ the directory is not
	browsable, a .message file will point you to what is the latest
	version. Read this .message.

	Remember, these are BETA versions. Before asking/trying
	anything, check first that you have the latest version. And if
	you run this version, keep up with the list to make sure you
	get news of updates.

-- Daniel H F Hung