Subject: CHROOT

From: "Kerr, James A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 96 07:17:00 EST

I am running wu 2.4.1 When I add an FTP user that is not an anonymous   
user the CHROOT stops working.  I try the /./ convention in passwd but   
the user can still back up all the way to root!   IS there a fix for   
this?

Jim

---

From: Christophe Pierson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 13:40:58 +0100

>Jim

Check if you have define the user in a guest group:
guestgroup <groupofuser> 
-- 
                                                       vvv
                                                      (. .)   
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-oOo(_)oOo-=-=-=-=-=
- Pierson Christophe                   - Europe Online S.A.           -
= Email : [email-masked]  - Rue des Scillas, 45          =
-                                      - L-2529 Howald                -
= Tel : 40101-6438                     - Luxembourg                   =
- Fax : 40101-6208                     - http://www.europeonline.com/ -
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---

From: Barry Suskind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 08:06:36 -0500

> the user can still back up all the way to root!   IS there a fix for

Have you placed that user into the "guestgroup" as described
in the ftpaccess(5) man page?
-- 
barry

|======================================================================
|Barry A. Suskind          |"If it weren't for change, your job would 
|GE Information Services   |consist of making sure the corporate abacus
|Email: [email-masked] |rods were adequately greased" - John Cleese
|Phone: (301)-340-4667     |===========================================
|SnailMail: 401 N Washington St, Mail Stop: MC07D, Rockville MD, 20850