Subject: SITE EXEC?

From: Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 1996 16:56:53 +22306256

I'm trying to work out a system whereby our non-anonymous users can find
out their disk quotas from within ftp (they don't have telnet access).
SITE EXEC seemed as though it would be a good way to do this, and I've
written a small C socket client that contacts a server daemon running on
the machine (in the "real" filesystem, not the chroot'd one) that grabs the
user's UID, runs the quota command, and passes back the result.

This client and server work fine if I'm not trying to SITE EXEC them from
within ftp, but I can't seem to get the SITE EXEC stuff to work:

	ftp> site exec quota
	200-quota
	200  (end of 'quota')

I've tried all manner of paths to get there...

Any ideas?  I've looked around for hints on SITE EXEC, but haven't found
any.

Many thanks.

Pat Wilson
[email-masked]

PS Has anyone gotten around to restarting the mailing list archive?