Subject: Re: Installing wu-ftpd

From: "John R. Petersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:13:39 -0800 (PST)

On 28 Mar 1996 Bill Kupiec wrote:

>I'm new to wu-ftpd and I'm getting the following error(s) when trying to
>install wu-ftpd. Can anyone shed some light on where I'm going wrong?
>(This is on a Sun 4.1.3 machine).
...

ld: -lgcc: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpd'

Try adding -v to your CFLAGS in src/makefiles/Makefile.s41
This will show you the pathnames that gcc is trying to use to find it's
libraries, etc.  If the paths that show up are not the paths where the
files are located, you either need to rebuild gcc or move the gcc support
files to the proper location, or through the creative use of symlinks make
gcc think the files are where it wants them to be. :)   gcc hardcodes
some of this information in the binary, and it can't be easily changed.

					--John

--
John R. Petersen			[email-masked]

---

From: David Fernandez Vi�uales <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:05:04 +0100 (MET)

Hello:
	I've just got the latest beta release from ftp.academ.com this is 
beta 10 and I've compiled and installed it whitout any problem, but the 
real problem appears when I try to ftp my localhost: None message appears 
there I just looked my ftpacces file and it was OK, I checked my files 
with ckconfig to see if therewas any configuration file out from the conf 
directories and also it was OK.

	After recompiling it (whith VIRTUAL option enabled ), I had the 
same problem .

	I've looked for the path in the banner command and it was 
relatively to system root (OK)
The messages under the message command where under the ~ftp directory so 
I think this option was correctly made....

	So after a week of tryings I'm desperated and I don't know how to 
solve the situation...please help me!!!

	Currently I'm using my ftp server under Linux 1.3.79 and my gcc 
compiler is  gcc-2.7.0

	Thanks...

               Un Saludo....David
            David Fernandez Vin~uales 
    ([email-masked] 147.96.22.250)