Subject: installing wu-ftp on a specified port

From: James Watkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:23:31 -0500

I'm trying to install wu-ftp on a pentium presently running BSDI ftpd.
However, before take the old server down, I want to install wu-ftp
on another port and test it for awhile.  How/where do I specify
what port wu-ftp listens to?  Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------
James Watkins      
[email-masked]   
800-437-4385, x3280

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:46:21 +0100 (MET)

> what port wu-ftp listens to?  Thanks.

Add the port to /etc/services like 

ftp-test		2121/tcp

And then add wu-ftpd to inetd.conf with ftp-test as portname in stead of ftp.

                                           Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati (If all else fails - play dead)