Subject: WU-FTPD 2.4 compile problems under Linux

From: Thomas Tongue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 13:49:26 -0600 (CST)

I'm having trouble getting the latest WU-FTPD to compile. I am running
Linux Slackware 3.0 (ELF) on a Pentium PC, and when I tell it to
"build lnx", It runs for a while but stumbes on:

yacc  ftpcmd.y 
mv -f y.tab.c ftpcmd.c
gcc -O2 -I.. -I../support -I/usr/include/bsd -I/usr/include/netinet 
-L../support   -c ftpcmd.c -o ftpcmd.o
ftpcmd.y: In function `yyparse':
ftpcmd.y:371: `cmdtab' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpcmd.y:371: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpcmd.y:371: for each function it appears in.)
ftpcmd.y:383: `sitetab' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpcmd.y: At top level:
ftpcmd.y:885: `cmdtab' used prior to declaration
ftpcmd.y:936: `sitetab' used prior to declaration
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: type mismatch with previous external decl
ftpcmd.y:683: warning: previous external decl of `print_groups'
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
ftpcmd.y:683: warning: previous implicit declaration of `print_groups'
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: `print_groups' was previously implicitly declared 
to return `int'
make: *** [ftpcmd.o] Error 1

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Thomas Tongue
[email-masked]
http://imagiware.com/