Subject: wu-ftpd

From: PhilD <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 00:25:36 +0000

Hi :

Sorry to interrupt you, but, do you know how to stop the following error message from coming up when I compile
wu-ftpd version 2.4 under a Slakware Linux 3.0.0 kernel build 1.2.13
--------
yacc ftpcmd.y
make: /usr/bin/make: cannot execute binary file

Help !!!!!!

-- 
X-Signature: default

/ Phil D, UK   E-mail : [email-masked] /
/ Voice  :   +44 (1283) 520890 /
/ Fax    :   +44 (1283) 520890 /
.

---

From: Vincent Cojot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 21:36:01 -0500 (EST)

> make: /usr/bin/make: cannot execute binary file

Have you tried using "bison -y" instead of yacc ? Just a thought.. I just 
tried to compile wu-ftpd-beta-10 under Linux to verify the problem and it 
was already using bison -y... and things compiled fine but it's on a 
a.out system. Of course, this could be a totally different problem with 
make itself but it's just my 2c.. :)

,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,
Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering.
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique.
[email-masked], [email-masked]

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost