Subject: RE: CHROOT

From: "Kerr, James A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 96 10:07:00 EST

That fixed it!  Thanks.   The only other prob I have is that when a user   
uploads to a dir and has write permissions the file is being flagged as   
rw-rw-r--
How can I set it up to me rwxr-xr-x???

In my ftpaccess I added a line that says
upload /home/ftp /tspftp/pub  yes  tspftp tspcust 0755 dirs

Any ideas?
Jim

 ----------
From:  owner-wu-ftpd[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 06, 1996 8:06 AM
To:  wu-ftpd
Subject:  Re: CHROOT

Kerr, James A. wrote:
>
> I am running wu 2.4.1 When I add an FTP user that is not an anonymous
> user the CHROOT stops working.  I try the /./ convention in passwd but
> the user can still back up all the way to root!   IS there a fix for
> this?
>
> Jim

Have you placed that user into the "guestgroup" as described
in the ftpaccess(5) man page?
 --
barry

|======================================================================
|Barry A. Suskind          |"If it weren't for change, your job would
|GE Information Services   |consist of making sure the corporate abacus
|Email: [email-masked] |rods were adequately greased" - John Cleese
|Phone: (301)-340-4667     |===========================================
|SnailMail: 401 N Washington St, Mail Stop: MC07D, Rockville MD, 20850