Subject: Welcome messages...

From: [email-masked] (Uwe Willenbacher)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 12:00:47 -0800

Hi all,

I seem to have a strange problem and I wonder if I have a misconfig somewhere...

The problem:

I do not allow anonymous login to my site (nothing to grap anyways<g>) I do
have several guestgroups. All works well exept that when a Guestgroup
"hits" the site it does not "count" .

I found that out following way: I have turned on messages on login and only
when a real user ftp's he/she will see the welcome message and it reports
user 1 out of x max. When a guest logs in it does display nil. So I turned
on the banner and even there is reports "You are user 0 out of x users
max."

Hmm, I then logged into my archive 15 time (10 times as guestgroup and 5
times as "real" user. The welcome messages I get as a real user reports
that there are currently 5 users logged in eventhough I know the real
number is 15...

Hope this makes sense and one of you might have a solution for me...

Thanks in advance:)

-Uwe

                                    \\|//
                                    (o o)
==================================w===U===w================================
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
 Uwe Willenbacher      |___|___|___|___|___|___|   Fax: 415.333.5485
 Webmaster/SysAdmin      |___|___|___|___|___|     WWW: www.prowillen.com
 Proctor-Willenbacher  |___|___|___|___|___|___| eMail: [email-masked]
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|