Subject: bug or a feature ?

From: [email-masked] (Carlos Reed)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 11:36:52 -0500

Well, I found my problem:

    anonymous user was working fine.
    real users  was working fine too.
    but some real users were getting  0.0.0.0.20  socket error.

The users who where getting this error were included in a virtual ftpd group.

Let me explaine this.

I have this in my passwd:
user1:x:100:10:user1:/home/user1:/bincsh
user2:x:101:10:user1:/home/user2:/bincsh
crazywolf:x:222:300: Ftp for group crazyguys :/www/./crazustuff:/bin/false

and my  group file has

group1::10:user1,user2
wwwcrazy::300:crazywolf,user1
                        ^^^^^^^^^

The reason I puted user1 into the group wwwcrazy is beacause I wanted to
give him access directly from the shell,( doing simple modifications with
vi, etc..)

This was doing the bugus thing, as soon as I removed the user1 from the group
wwwcrazy, the realuser connection started to work fine.

Is this a bug ?

have a nice suny warmy day

Carlos Reed                           Univesité Laval
tel: (418) 656-3245                   Faculté sciences l'éducation
URL: www.fse.ulaval.ca/~creed         Lab 062 Ste Foy, Qc., G1K 7P4
[email-masked]                   Canada