Subject: does command logging work?

From: "Mike Ellwood, CCLRC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, GB" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 16:58:27 +0000 (GMT)

Does command logging really work?

I have it switched on according to the ftpaccess file
but don't see any commands in the xferlog file.

Where else would they go by default?

Is there any other kind of logging I can turn on?
I'm trying to trace some failing transfers.

TIA

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:29:08 +0100 (MET)

> Where else would they go by default?

They are logged via the syslog facility. See syslog.conf to see where
that information ends up.

                                                    Grtx. KH

-- 
  **  FAQ on current wu-ftpd at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html  **
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Clickety Click