Subject: Re: Displaying Messages under wu-ftpd2.4.2-beta10

From: [email-masked] (Claude LE BERRE)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:24:52 +0000

>Hello:
>        I've just got the latest beta release from ftp.academ.com this is 
>beta 10 and I've compiled and installed it whitout any problem, but the 
>real problem appears when I try to ftp my localhost: None message appears 
>there I just looked my ftpacces file and it was OK, I checked my files 
>with ckconfig to see if therewas any configuration file out from the conf 
>directories and also it was OK.
>
>        After recompiling it (whith VIRTUAL option enabled ), I had the 
>same problem .
>
>        I've looked for the path in the banner command and it was 
>relatively to system root (OK)
>The messages under the message command where under the ~ftp directory so 
>I think this option was correctly made....
>

I had the same problem and resolved it with a "-a" on the ftpd line in inetd.conf. I found this flag in "man ftpd" 
It seems that by default, no "ftpaccess" file is in use.

ftp  stream  tcp nowait root /usr/local/etc/ftpd/ftpd  ftpd -a -l -t 300 -T 900

CLB.

========================================================================
Claude LE BERRE           Tel. +33 98001259       Telecopie +33 98455133
           E-mail : [email-masked]
TELECOM Bretagne, Technopole Brest-Iroise, B.P. 832, F-29285 BREST Cedex
                http://www.enst-bretagne.fr/
========================================================================