Subject: Eratta in wuftpd2.4.2-BETA10

From: [email-masked] (Dan Schnur)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 21:22:49 -0700

Specs:

 wuftpd-2.4.2-BETA10
 Sun Sparc 20
 Solaris 2.4
 compiled with gcc, using ftp.h from wuftpd-2.4.2-BETA10 distribution.
 The compile was perfectly clean, no errors at all.

There are two things I noticed:

  1:  Virtual ftp "sites" do not correctly interpret classes.

      Example:  In the portion of a sample ftpaccess file shown below, I
can log in as a local user to the default IP address and/or name of the
server, but when I try and log in to the virtual server, either by IP
address, or name, as a user who should be classified as local, it puts me
in the remote class.

# Virtual Server test for IP x.x.x.x
virtual x.x.x.x  root    /export/ftp2/
virtual x.x.x.x  banner  /export/ftp2/msgs/msg.welcome
virtual x.x.x.x  log     /tmp/xferlog

class   local   real,guest,anonymous *.mydomain.dom x.x.x.*
class   dialup  real,guest,anonymous d*.mydomain.dom x.x.x.*
class   remote  anonymous *
class   regftp  real,guest *
class   test    real,guest,anonymous mydomain.dom x.x.x.x

limit   local   10  Any                 /etc/msgs/msg.toomany
limit   dialup  20  Any                 /etc/msgs/msg.toomany
limit   remote  30  Any                 /etc/msgs/msg.toomany
limit   test    40  Any                 /etc/msgs/msg.toomany

  2:  Not really a bug, but here it goes:
      If I log in from mydomain.dom, and there is a more open mask in
ftpaccess, ex *.mydomain.dom, it places me in the class that is least
restrictive.  An example is if I want one computer, mydomain.dom to have 40
users possible, and the rest of my domain to have only 10 users, I can't.
It seems I either have to make a class for each "computer," or allow/deny
the entire domain.
      If anyone knows of a way to make *.mydomain.dom have one limit, and
computer1.mydomain.dom have a different one, I'd be much obliged.

      If anyone has a solution to problem #1, I'd also be much obliged.

  -D

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  Dan Schnur
  Arizona Macintosh Users Group     Telephone    (602) 553-8966
  4131 North 24th Street #A120      Fax          (602) 553-8771
  Phoenix, Arizona  85016           Internet    [email-masked]
                        System Administrator
                  http://www.amug.org/index.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------