Subject: Where is wu-ftp 2.4.2

From: [email-masked] (Robert Lee)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:24:07 +0000

All

I have been using WU-FTP 2.4 and was just made aware of the fact that 2.4.2 is 
in beta testing.  Is there a way I can participate in the beta.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Lee
AT&T WorldNet

---

From: Mike Alleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:50:59 -0600

> in beta testing.  Is there a way I can participate in the beta.

-
Try ftp.academ.com  The person who has that address is maintaining it.

BTW... Saw in the paper this morning that you folks are going to 
provide local internet access.  Best of luck to yall!

- 
+++++++++++++++++++ Happy Mardi Gras, cher! ++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mike Alleman, Senior Sysadmin  	   512-432-8296	  Tandem SDG/Austin 
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:06:53 +0100 (MET)

> Try ftp.academ.com  The person who has that address is maintaining it.

To be more precise.. quoting the FAQ :

       This daemon is available in source code and binaries from many
       other ftp-sites, ask _archie_ where to find it. Best is to compile
       it yourself, since it has a lot of compile-time options.
            
         1. Where do I get the updated version ?
 
            The above is the last version created by wuarchive. On the
            mailing list, an updated version has been created which is
            maintained by Stan Barber ([email-masked]).
 
            You can get this beta by ftp from the directory :
            
            ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/ the directory is
            not browsable, a .message file will point you to what is the
            latest version. Read this .message.

                                               Grtx. KH

-- 
  **  FAQ on current wu-ftpd at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html  **
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Clickety Click