Subject: wu-ftpd on HP-UX 10

From: Sarakatsanis Yiannis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:06:30 +0200 (EET)

Hello to all,

I try to make working wu-ftpd (2.4)  on a HP-UX 10.0 system that is 
converted to a trusted system, i.e. the encrypted passwords and other info 
(user lock, pasword change age , and so on)
about users resides in files in the directory /tcb/auth/files/*. 
This not a classical shadow password system, it's new from HP and many 
programs with access to the password database fail to authenticate the 
user correct (for instance qpopper). The getpwent, getpwname (and so on) 
routines are for HP-UX systems that are not trusted.For trusted systems, 
the getprpwent, getprpnam etc. are used instead.  So, the server compiles
ok, and gives anonymous access but when a real user wants to login in to 
the server, he answer access denied, for the above reason. Has anybody of 
you make the server working on such a system? I know that some portions 
of the ftpd.c must be patched but I don't know which exactly. I tried 
some patches but with no success. 

If you know something about the problem please let me know

Thanks in advance

Giannis Sarakatsanis
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

---

From: Bill Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 21:01:27 -0600 (CST)

Have you had any responses?  I need this too.

Regards,
Bill
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Petersen                                            email: [email-masked]
Enterprise Computing Provisioning                        voice: 214-575-5437
Texas Instruments, Inc.   Plano Texas                      fax: 214-575-4853 
6550 Chase Oaks Blvd, M/S 8467, Plano, Texas 75023
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:06:30 +0200 (EET)
> From: Sarakatsanis Yiannis <[email-masked]>
> Subject: wu-ftpd on HP-UX 10
> 
> Hello to all,
>