Subject: NFS restrictions with upload file

From: Barry Suskind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 14:42:54 -0500

I need to have my ftp directory tree be NFS mounted, but there are
restrictions on using the upload directive when I do this. Specifically,
they don't allow access if I try to change the ownership or permissions.
What is causing this?

-- 
barry

|--------------------------|---------------------------------------------|
|Barry A. Suskind          |   "If it weren't for change, your job would
|
|GE Information Services   | consist of making sure the corporate abacus
|
|Email: [email-masked] | rods were adequately greased" - John Cleese
|
|Phone: (301)-340-4667
|---------------------------------------------|
|SnailMail: 401 N Washington St, Mail Stop: MC07D, Rockville MD, 20850
|

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 07:53:11 +0100

rh> 
rh> I need to have my ftp directory tree be NFS mounted, but there are
rh> restrictions on using the upload directive when I do this. Specifically,
rh> they don't allow access if I try to change the ownership or permissions.
rh> What is causing this?

My best guess is, you need to export the filesystem(s) with root permissions.

Hope this helps,

Ronald.

--
// Ronald Hello  ([email-masked])
// University of Twente
// Department of Computer Science
// The Netherlands