Subject: error message

From: [email-masked] (Marvin Mitchell)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:20:47 -0500

I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to configure the wu-ftp daemon..
with no success..

The error in the /var/adm/messages 
    Feb 27 13:15:41 <machine-name> ftpd[3739]: exiting on signal 11

1) What I need to know is will wu-ftpd run in a 4.1.3 (no patches no U1)
   environment....

2) does wu-ftpd need the libc.so.1.9; because I get warnings when I compile
   but I seen patches for the libc.so.1.8 and libc.so.1.9

thanks in advance for any info that can help, other wise I could have about 100
uncontroled users useing anonymous ftp

:(

Marvin Mitchell		 | These views are not views   |
Electronic Data Systems  | Therefor they do not reflect|
[email-masked]| 
--x-----------x----------|

---

From: "Alec H. Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:34:48 -0500 (EST)

>    Feb 27 13:15:41 <machine-name> ftpd[3739]: exiting on signal 11

Well, signal 11 is a segmentation fault, so I'm betting something is
messed up in the config file...

Perhaps posting the config file would help more.

Alec

-- 
+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|Alec Peterson - [email-masked]   | Panix Public Access UNIX and Internet|
|Network Administrator               | New York City, NY                    |
+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+