Subject: Logging under Solaris2.4 does not work.

From: [email-masked] (Rene Klever)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 15:05:28 GMT

I'm running wu-ftpd under Solaris 2.4
Whatever i do or try to configure, i can't seem to make ftpd log its commands.
What am i doing wrong ?
Truss indicated that ftpd does talk to the syslog, but nothing shows up.

Greetings, Rene

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 |                       |                       |                       |
 | Rene Klever           | Triple P Services B.V.| e-mail:   [email-masked] |
 |                       |                       |                       |
 |                       | Ir.D.S. Tuynmanweg 10 |                       |
 | Consultant            | Postbus 245           |                       |
 |                       | 4130 EE Vianen        | Tel: +31(0)347 366555 |
 | Professional Services | The Netherlands       | Fax: +31(0)347 366481 |
 |                       |                       |                       |
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 |   t         r        i        p        l        e        .        P   |
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sylvain Kouda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 16:08:36 +0100 (MET)

> Truss indicated that ftpd does talk to the syslog, but nothing shows up.
Use ftpd with option " -i -o -a -l " . for example in your /etc/inetd.conf
you must have the line below :
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/ftpd     ftpd -i -o -a -l

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain KOUDA 

Administrateur Systeme et Reseaux
Fondation J. Dausset - CEPH, 27 rue Juliette Dodu 75010 Paris

Tel :     53 72 51 45 
Fax :     53 72 51 28 
e-mail :  [email-masked] 
#include < My word are mine >