Subject: Transmission prob's

From: Steve Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 12:23:37 -0500 (EST)

There's a client trying to FTP from India, and the transmission is so
bad they can get only part of the file before ftpd gives up.  Can
wu-ftpd (or others?) support picking up where it left off, like Zmodem?

Please CC replies to _me_, since I'm not in the mailing list.

Thanks -
       - S

_______________________________________________________________________________
	  Steve Hunter             |  [email-masked]
	  Seer Technologies, Inc.  |  http://www.seer.com

---

From: Ed Hurley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 13:57:57 -0500

i've had users fail to ftp stuff from my site (which uses wu-ftpd)
because of really slow links. i think the real problem was that
either packets were being dropped or timeouts were being exceeded.
this only happened for one user, but it happened repeatedly for
that user.

-ed