Subject: ftpd "comilation" problems

From: [email-masked] (Craig Hutchison)
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 15:15:35 -0500

Hi,

I just downloaded Linux from the sunsite ftp server a few days ago. I have
had no problem compiling and making other software packages such as netscape
and apache httpd.  My Linux version is 1.2.13 and gcc version 2.7.0.  I read
the ftpd instructions and it says that on Linux systems there will be many
compilation warnings, however even if I ingore the warnings the object files
never get made because of make errors.  I also copied the "ftp.h" file to
its appropriate place and modified the "pathnames.h" file to suite my needs.
What is going on??

Craig Hutchison
DACnet

---

From: Jeffrey Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 96 15:35:59 EST

Try down loading the binaries.  It's alot faster than
doing it yourself.

--Jeffrey

---

From: Craig Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 16:21:34 -0500

> > its appropriate place and modified the "pathnames.h" file to suite my needs.
Jeffrey Smith,

Hi, and thanks for the extremely quick response!  Can you tell me where
to get the pre-compiled binaries( FTP site ? ), and will they work under
Linux?

Craig Hutchison
DACnet