Subject: Teac CD-ROM drive

From: Craig Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 23:44:08 -0500

Hi,

I can't get the Linux kernel ( version 1.3.60 ) to recognize my Teac
CD-ROM drive ( CD-55A ).  The CD-ROM is connected to the
Matsushita/Panisonic interface on my Sound Blaster Pro sound card.  I
configured the kernel to support both sound and CD-ROM support.  The
sound card works, but even after going through the entire CDROM-HOWTO
file and doing exactly what it says, the CD-ROM is not recognized.  I
know the CD-ROM is working because it works under DOS and Windows on my
DOS partition of the hard disk.  The sound card settings are: I/O base
0x220  IRQ 7  DMA 1 .  Can you give me any suggestions on what to do?  I
would really appreciate any help!

Craig Hutchison
DACnet

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Foster)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 00:32:01 -0400

>CD-ROM drive ( CD-55A ).  The CD-ROM is connected to the

Um...I hate to point this out, but this list is dedicated to discussing
wu-ftpd problems. You might want to ask in a comp.os.linux.* newsgroup
(don't recall which one offhand), or on irc in #linux for Linux-related
information. As for your particular problem, it's been a while since I last
worked with sbpcd drives, see if it autoprobes for it. Look at the sbpcd.h
(do a % find / -name sbpcd.h to find it) file, it'll tell you how to make it
autoprobe and where to put the exact settings once you determine the precise
settings needed to go. Might want to make it 0x230. (?)

Please e-mail me if you would like to discuss this further, although this is
the limit of my memory...that sbpcd.h file has all the information you need.

-Dan
Internet: [email-masked]