Subject: Permission_denied errors in xferlog, but xfers *are* successful

From: Phil Tracy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 1996 17:38:03 -0600

I'm logging all in- and out-bound xfers, and even though files are
successfully retrieved by anonymous clients, the xferlog shows
"Permission_denied" for each and every singe file.  Have I done something
really wrong here?

I'd appreciate pointers to the FAQ and/or wu-ftpd-announce archives that
might help.

I'm running the Linux 1.3.59 kernel, with wu-ftpd 2.4 which I compiled
myself.  Thanks.

        - Phil

--
Phillip Tracy  <[email-masked]>
Northwestern University ACNS, Evanston, IL  USA
http://grumpy.nsg.nwu.edu/tracy/philtracy.html

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:49:44 +0100 (MET)

> "Permission_denied" for each and every singe file.  Have I done something

Hmmm.. interesting, since the xferlog format should never log the words
'Permission_denied' unless something is screwed up internally.

> I'd appreciate pointers to the FAQ and/or wu-ftpd-announce archives that

FAQ at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html

> I'm running the Linux 1.3.59 kernel, with wu-ftpd 2.4 which I compiled

The FAQ points to updated beta versions, changing to the latest one of
these might already solve this problem and maybe some others.

                                                 Grtx. KH

-- 
  **  FAQ on current wu-ftpd at http://www.hvu.nl/~koos/wu-ftpd-faq.html  **
  Koos van den Hout,     Internetter, Unix freak, ISFJ and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Clickety Click