Subject: 2.4.2beta8 + OSF_ES patches: exit on signal 11?

From: Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:36:50 +22306256

[ In the hopes that this just got overlooked, and with more information,
 I'm reposting this message from last week ]

This may have come up just recently and I wasn't paying attention - if so,
forgive me.  I can't find an up-to-date list archive.

I've just installed at 2.4.2beta8 patched with the osf "enhanced security"
patch and the "connection hang" patch (previously, I was running beta8
without the osf patch).  I'm now seeing lots of
	ftpd[NNNNN]: exiting on signal 11
messages in the system logs - ftp appears to be working well, however.

UPDATE: Actually, ftpd is misbehaving:

	When Fetch issues an "ABOR" command the FTP server drops the connection,
	e.g.:

	STOR DCIS_Project.html
	553 DCIS_Project.html: Permission denied.
	ftp_store_setup: -30000
	ABOR
	221 You could at least say goodbye.

Could the SIGSEVs and this drop (which seems to happen when myoob() doesn't
get input) be related?

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
[email-masked]