Subject: Problems with wu-ftpd on NeXT

From: "Lic. Daniel Ramirez Valdez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 17:06:17 -0600 (CST)

Hi all!

I'm trying to install it on a NeXT Cube running NeXT Step 3, but have 
some problems, whatever I try to get a file from my server I get the message:
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> get message
200 PORT command successful.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp> 

On the console I can read:
Dec 26 13:43:17 academ02 ftpd[230]: exiting on signal 11
Dec 26 14:51:03 academ02 ftpd[367]: exiting on signal 10

     SIGBUS    10*  bus error
     SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation

I think it's some compilation problem, I get the following error in the 
compilation process: (I have to change some files to get this work:
in file extensions.c, line 45, #include <unistd.h>  to #include 
<stdlib.h>, this file doesn't exist on my system.

in file authenticate.c, line 36, #include "authuser.h" to #include 
"/Users/dramirez/wu-ftpd-2.4/support/authuser.h", the compiler didn't 
find it)

After this changes:

cc -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused   -c authuser.c
authuser.c: In function `auth_tcpuser':
authuser.c:144: warning: short int format, short unsigned int arg (arg 3)
authuser.c:144: warning: short int format, short unsigned int arg (arg 4)
cc -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused   -c ftw.c
ftw.c: In function `walk':
ftw.c:85: warning: `save' may be used uninitialized in this function
cc -O2 -I.. -L../support -c ftpcmd.c
ftpcmd.y: In function `print_groups':
ftpcmd.y:1525: warning: incompatible pointer type for argument 2 of 
`getgroups'
cc -O2 -I.. -L../support -c glob.c
glob.c: In function `letter':
glob.c:594: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
c -O2 -I.. -L../support -c popen.c
popen.c: In function `ftpd_popen':
popen.c:73: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||

I can put files on the ftp server, but NO download (as anonymous or real 
user), any ideas?

Thanks for any info and have a happy holidays!

LSCA Daniel Ramirez Valdez                 Administracion de Sistemas Unix 
ITESM Campus Zacatecas                   Voz: (492)38774   Fax: (492)30460
<[email-masked]>        <http://www.zac.itesm.mx/~dramirez/>