Subject: Re: wu-ftpd on OSF/1 with enhanced security

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:45:25 -0700

You will have to have your shadow passwords libraries installed correctly.
Dick Thompson at the University of Montana got this to work.  His e-mail is
[email-masked]  Ask him.

David

>Apologies if you see this message for the second time in a few days, but
>I am under the impression something went wrong the first time I tried to
>send this.
>
>Anyway, I wonder if there is somebody out there who succesfully installed
>wu-ftpd on a DEC OSF/1 (V3.2) system with enhanced scurity enabled.
>
>I tried installing it, had no problems with compiling, but the only user
>that will work is anonymous (and yes, I do have an /etc/shells file with
>the appropriate entries). Switching to base security does the trick, but
>I would rather stay on enhanced security...
>
>Any help is appreciated!
>
>Bart Verspagen
>
>PS: PLEASE NOTE MERIT'S NEW TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS!!!!
>
>Merit                |   email: [email-masked]
>P.O. Box 616         |   tel: (+31) (0)43 3883869 / (+31) (0)43 3883875
>6200 MD Maastricht   |   fax: (+31) (0)43 3216518
>The Netherlands      |
>
>*** Check out our WWW-site at http://meritbbs.rulimburg.nl ***
>*** Anonymous ftp-access to MERIT-files: meritbbs.rulimburg.nl ***

.............................................................................
David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS Department
Digital Multimedia Specialist         Missoula, MT  59812
                                      Work Phone : (406)243-4810