Subject: Problem with commands logging (continue)

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Clar)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:38:01 +0200

Some days ago, I've sent the following mail to the list :

=======================begin==================
While reading the Managing Internet Information Services book on page 85 at the
bottom of the page, I've seen something about the commands logging.

Here is the content of my ftpaccess file :

................
log commands anonymous,real,guest
................

And the only commands displayed in the "syslog" file  on Digital UNIX are 
USER and PASS. There is no CWD , nor RETR, neither STOR and so on.

Is it a configuration problem ?

========================end

I've more information , in fact the commands are in the syslog file only if
the line "log commands" has "real" in it and only if the real user does ftp.
It doesn't work for anonymous which is for me the most important case.
I've looked at the source code and don't find why it's not in the syslog file
because I'm quite sure that the variable log_comamnds is weel set.

Daniel

o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
|   Daniel Clar          	    	   e-mail : [email-masked]  |
|   Computer Operations Manager			  : [email-masked]	    |
|   Service Informatique Supelec                    and                     |
|   Plateau de Moulon                     DECUSF::CLAR_D or [email-masked] |
|   91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France                                     |
|   Tel : (33 1) 69 85 14 87        	   Fax : (33 1) 69 85 12 34         |
o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o