Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 8 available for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 04:40:08 -0600 (CST)

BETA 8 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

Solaris 2.4, SunOS 4.1.4, NetBSD 1.0, FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE, BSD/OS 2.0.1,
BSD/OS 1.1, ISC 3.2, Linux 1.2.8. 

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.

This is another release candidate.

Added some fixes for CPP processing problems with Digital Unix from 
Laurent Ghys <[email-masked]>.

Added some fixed for the use of sys_siglist from a number of people.
Now, HAS_SIGLIST must be defined for this to be used.

Added some information in NOTES for adding shadow support under Linux.

Lowered optimization level from O3 to O2 for AIX as suggested by 
[email-masked] (Thomas Hilgert).

Made a number of changes suggested by Evan Champion <[email-masked]> for
BSD/OS.

Added HAVE_SETPROCTITLE as a possible define to include the setproctitle()
library routine from the system if it is available. Suggested by Evan
Champion <[email-masked]>. Also, added differentiator so that BSDI 1.X
setproctitle() library routine is not used since it appears to be buggy.

Added HAVE_GETRLIMIT and changes config files to support it where available
in preference to HAVE_GETDTABLESIZE, which is now obsolete. Suggested by
Evan Champion <[email-masked]>.

Added some FAQ references in the README file. Suggested by Fred Korz
<[email-masked]>

Overhauled reply, lreply and setproctitle to make appropriate use of
varargs or stdargs as appropriate.

---

From: "Leigh R HUME" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:20:51 -0500

On Dec 5,  4:40am, Stan Barber wrote:
> Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 8 available for test
>-- End of excerpt from Stan Barber

I will be trying it on IRIX 5.3. However I'm not sure where to find the
beta. At ftp.academ.com which appears a few months old or at ftp.wugate...
Your message did not give a location.

-- 
Leigh HUME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +61 2  850 7200   (messages)   |    Email: [email-masked]
       +61 41 924 3866   (mobile)     |           [email-masked]
Fax:   +61 2  850 7590                |           [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: Dr Leigh HUME, Library, Macquarie University 2109, AUSTRALIA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------