Subject: RESEND: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 8 available for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 04:44:07 -0600 (CST)

BETA 8 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

Solaris 2.4, SunOS 4.1.4, NetBSD 1.0, FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE, BSD/OS 2.0.1,
BSD/OS 1.1, ISC 3.2, Linux 1.2.8. 

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.

This is another release candidate.

The location is: 
	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-8.tar.Z

                   -0-FIXES IN THIS RELEASE-0-

Added some fixes for CPP processing problems with Digital Unix from 
Laurent Ghys <[email-masked]>.

Added some fixed for the use of sys_siglist from a number of people.
Now, HAS_SIGLIST must be defined for this to be used.

Added some information in NOTES for adding shadow support under Linux.

Lowered optimization level from O3 to O2 for AIX as suggested by 
[email-masked] (Thomas Hilgert).

Made a number of changes suggested by Evan Champion <[email-masked]> for
BSD/OS.

Added HAVE_SETPROCTITLE as a possible define to include the setproctitle()
library routine from the system if it is available. Suggested by Evan
Champion <[email-masked]>. Also, added differentiator so that BSDI 1.X
setproctitle() library routine is not used since it appears to be buggy.

Added HAVE_GETRLIMIT and changes config files to support it where available
in preference to HAVE_GETDTABLESIZE, which is now obsolete. Suggested by
Evan Champion <[email-masked]>.

Added some FAQ references in the README file. Suggested by Fred Korz
<[email-masked]>

Overhauled reply, lreply and setproctitle to make appropriate use of
varargs or stdargs as appropriate.

---

From: "Leigh R HUME" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:26:22 -0500

On Dec 5,  4:44am, Stan Barber wrote:
> Subject: RESEND: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 8 available
>
> The location is:
>-- End of excerpt from Stan Barber

Ignore the other where is it question from me. I've found it.
I'll let you know about the IRIX porting.

-- 
Leigh HUME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +61 2  850 7200   (messages)   |    Email: [email-masked]
       +61 41 924 3866   (mobile)     |           [email-masked]
Fax:   +61 2  850 7590                |           [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: Dr Leigh HUME, Library, Macquarie University 2109, AUSTRALIA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------