Subject: ftpconversion, etc

From: Bob Kaehms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 95 17:14:56 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to get real users to be able to upload files and have them
converted based on an extension aka ftpconversions.

I'm finding notes in the distribution (wu-ftpd-2.4) that ftpconversions
does not support the strip prefix fields, as is mentioned in the man page

..
Known Problems
     The conversions mechanism does  not  currently  support  the
     strip prefix and addon prefix fields. 

..
I'm wondering about postfix...

I'm not sure if that is current, but I can't even get it to do a
simple change group based on extension.

ftpaccess has a class "remote"
defined as:
class   remote  real,guest,anonymous *

and 

compress        yes             local remote
tar             yes             local remote

also defined

ftpconversions has the following entry

:.htm::/usr/local/etc/setmg.pl%s:T_REG|T_ASCII:O_UNCOMPRESS|O_TAR:CHMG

However...

Nothing I do seems to get it to do a conversion...

Any hints would be greatly appreciated

Please reply to [email-masked], as I'm not presently on this list

Thanks!

-bob kaehms

---

From: [email-masked] (Mary Morris)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 17:40:03 -0800

I don't have an answer for you, but if you find one, can you
please tell me? I have a similar problem.

Thanks

Mary