Subject: Re: Guestgroup problems

From: [email-masked] (Michael Brennen)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 22:58:01 -0600

>I've read the faq, the guestgroup howto and the archives, and I couldn't
>get this to work right.  So now I'm posting here.

Looks like you need to pay attention to how the ~ftp/bin and similar
directories are set up.  Sounds like ls is not working properly, and the
guest howto should cover this.

Michael

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Anderson)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 10:28:33 -0600 (CST)

> guest howto should cover this.
It seems that my co-hoser (err I mean administrator) changed everything to
be owned by ftp.ftp so anonymous (which uses id ftp) could read things just
fine after the chroot, but a guest user didn't have the neccesary permissions.

-Charlie
-- 
Charles Anderson - [email-masked]

Disclaimer: They tell me disclaimers are useless, so here's mine: thhhppt...