Subject: kerberized wu-ftpd

From: "John T. Chung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 12:18:23 -0500 (EST)

Um, would any of you where I could get a version of wu-ftpd 
that allows kerberized authentications???

_____________________________________________________________________________
|                                                                           | 
|John Tsao-chun Chung                                     Daytime Phone ##  | 
|ITD User Services                                        ----------------  | 
|ITD Contract Services                                                      |
|   Systems Consulting Innovations -                      (313) 747-9053    |
|___________________________________________________________________________|
|                                                                           |
|                          "All's well that ends."                          |
|___________________________________________________________________________|

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 95 18:41:27 EST

I'm not aware of any kerberized wu-ftpd (part of the reason I lurk
here is the hope the I or someone else will have time to do it.) If
you work on one, be sure to base it on draft-8 or later of the IETF
ftp security spec (draft-9 should be out soon, but the changes are all
clarifications as far as I know.)

Some future MIT Kerberos V5 release will probably contain my
GSSAPI-based port of Steve Lunt's kerberos mods to the Berkeley
ftp/ftpd, but it's still in testing now. (The old draft-3 steve lunt
code is part of CNS-V4 already, if that suits your needs, there's info
on getting the Free Network Release at the url below.)

			_Mark_ <[email-masked]>
			Cygnus Support
			Cygnus Network Security <[email-masked]>
			http://www.cygnus.com/data/cns/

---

From: "Derrick J. Brashear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 16:40:23 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from internet.listserv.wu-ftpd: 3-Dec-95 kerberized wu-ftpd by
"John T. Chung"@us.itd.u 
> that allows kerberized authentications???
http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/dist

Eventually I will finish getting good diffs and propagate them to Stan
Barber, but I've been too busy:-(

-D