Subject: Why wu-ftpd ???

From: [email-masked] (Zeljko Rajic)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 17:16:19 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody !

I am relatively new to this mailing list and to the complete ftpd things.
Now I got the order to install a ftp server....   :-(

Beside a few others I have found the wu-ftpd. Now I would like to know why I should
install the wu-ftpd instead of any other (on Linux) !
I have seen a small list of features that wu offers, but I could not find any for the
other ftp-servers....   :-(

Maybe someone could tell me where I can find other ftp-servers together with some kind
of 'features-list' or just the list ??  I simply need some information to state why I
installed the wu and not another ftp-server !!  I am greatful for any kind of help !!

And if I should decided to install the wu, I also could need some kind of step-to-step
instructions for the installation procedure...

Many Thanx ahead.... :-)

	Ra(jic)Ze(ljko)		<[email-masked]>

---

From: "TSgt Todd C. Knauer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:41:57 -0600 (CST)

> other ftp-servers....   :-(

  Forgive me if I am wrong but if you installed the "Slackware" version 
it comes bundled with wu-ftpd and it does the basic setup for you on 
installation of Slackware.  I installed Slackware on at least 25 machines 
at work and as a side note I replaced the ftpd on our IBM RS/6000 boxes 
with wu-ftpd because it is so much more configurable and has better 
logging capabilities.

						Todd

---------------------------------------------------
        Air Force Combat Climatology Center
---------------------------------------------------
Todd Knauer        -  [email-masked]
Network Management -  Network/System Administrator
Scott AFB, Il.     -  System/Application Programmer
---------------------------------------------------