Subject: Re: htm -> html ftpconversion entry

From: "Walter Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:50:14 -0800

> Oops; maybe I have it set up backwards then; what i'd like to do is
> from by DOS box (for example) is put a .htm file to a Unix box and 
> have the file automatically renamed to .html.

If you are using Windows, get WSFTP from http://www.tucows.com.  
WSFTP has a neat feature to have configurations by file extention.  
It also has the option of asking what file name you want to use on 
the remote end.  I use this all the time to edit my web pages, and 
while not totally automatic, it is fairly painless.
---
     Walter Reed ([email-masked])

---

From: Darci Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 14:16:28 -0800

Hey, thanks for the pointer; I'm already using WSFTP. Additionally,
I have to deal with users who sometimes have 1000's of .htm files
that need to be uploaded to a Unix type box. I really need a transparent
solution :-)

Thanks again, though!

...dlc...

--
Darci L. Chapman Sr. Software/Firmware Consultant [email-masked]
               On loan from: Solution Logic, Inc, 503/222-0057
                 On loan to: Intel Corporation, 503/264-1419
		          http://puma.jf.intel.com