Subject: Virtual FTP Sites

From: [email-masked] (Mike Ray)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:32:32 -0800

This has probably been asked before, but I am new so I apologize.  I was
wondering if there is a way to configure the ftp server to answer for multiple
domains and place the user in a different directory.  Basically run virtual
ftp sites on one server.

Thanks for any advice,

Mike

---

From: Andrew Robert Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 14:47:59 -0600 (CST)

> domains and place the user in a different directory.  Basically run virtual

I just downloaded and am now compiling the new wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta7.  It 
appears to have this capability, although I haven't looked into how one 
goes about setting it up (instructions seem to be included, tho).

Andy Ellsworth             | "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are
[email-masked]         | neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Assistant Admin, wuarchive | the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..."
http://cec.wustl.edu/~are1 |           --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan