Subject: upload permissions

From: "Homer W. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 08:09:50 -0500 (EST)

What is the present address of the wuftpd mailing list?

    How do I set the upload permissions for PRIVATE uploads, not
anonymous uploads.  They seem to default to rw-rw-r--.
 
    Thanks in advance.  Homer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homer Wilson Smith                            ART MATRIX FRACTALS
[email-masked]                           Posters, T-shirts, Videos
(607) 277-0959                                http://www.lightlink.com

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 07:35:20 -0600 (CST)

>     What is the present address of the wuftpd mailing list?

[email-masked]

> anonymous uploads.  They seem to default to rw-rw-r--.

Change the value of CMASK in ftpd.c to the 1's complement of what you 
want the read/write permissions to be.  022 give 644 permission.

Michael
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Brennen, President   /           /           [email-masked]
FishNet, Inc.               / Internet  /         http://www.fni.com/ 
P.O. Box 940451            /  Services /     (214) 783-2553 (vox/fax)
Plano,  TX  75074-0451    /           /  finger me for PGP public key

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 14:46:54 +0100 (MET)

>     What is the present address of the wuftpd mailing list?

[email-masked]

> anonymous uploads.  They seem to default to rw-rw-r--.

wu-ftpd inherits the umask from inetd. Users can change the umask using
SITE UMASK.

                                        Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,           Internetter, Unix freak and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is useless. Clickety Click