Subject: Compiling 2.4

From: "R.R. Sprinkhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 00:41:19 +0100 (MET)

Good day to you!

When trying to compile your FTP-server, I encounter a little problem.
All the support files, etc, compile fine, but not the ftpd. So far the
little problem :-)
The first strange thing, is the Makefile for the support-library. It does not
work, but with some handwork (no alterations) the library could be created.
Second thing are the errors from compiling the ftpd.

The information I can give you is the following:

Versions I use:
Compiler: gcc 2.6.3
Make    : GNU 3.71
Linux   : 1.1.78
Also, I did not make *ANY* alterations whatsoever. GUNZIP/TARred in the
proper directory and "build lnx" (Yes, there is a vers.c).

--oO=> Output from 'build lnx' <=Oo--
make args are :
make opts are :

Linking Makefiles.
ln: Makefile: File exists \
ln: config.h: File exists  > This is because I ran build again for the output!
ln: Makefile: File exists /

Making support library.
Makefile:13: *** missing separator.  Stop.         <<** First strange thing **

Making ftpd.
gcc -O -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -I/usr/include/bsd -L../support   -c ftpd.c -o ftpd.o
ftpd.c:227: parse error before `lostconn'
ftpd.c:227: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
ftpd.c:228: parse error before `randomsig'
ftpd.c:228: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
ftpd.c:229: parse error before `myoob'
ftpd.c:229: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
ftpd.c: In function `main':
ftpd.c:301: too few arguments to function `openlog'
ftpd.c:386: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:389: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:392: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:395: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:398: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:401: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:407: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:410: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:413: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:416: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:419: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:422: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:425: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:428: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:431: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:434: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:437: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:440: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:443: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:446: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:449: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:452: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:455: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:458: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:462: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c:469: warning: passing arg 2 of `__bsd_signal' from incompatible pointer type
ftpd.c: At top level:
ftpd.c:560: parse error before `randomsig'
ftpd.c:571: parse error before `lostconn'
ftpd.c: In function `pass':
ftpd.c:1002: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
ftpd.c: In function `opt_string':
ftpd.c:1226: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
ftpd.c:1228: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
ftpd.c:1230: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
ftpd.c: In function `retrieve':
ftpd.c:1342: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
ftpd.c: In function `statcmd':
ftpd.c:1979: `bytesize' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpd.c:1979: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpd.c:1979: for each function it appears in.)
ftpd.c: At top level:
ftpd.c:2430: parse error before `myoob'
make: *** [ftpd.o] Error 1

Hope you can give me a hint on this one, cause I really like some features of 
your server. Especially the multiline messages!

Thanks in advance for **ANY** time you spend on this one.

Greetings,
+---.  +---.   .----,  ==  R. Reginald Sprinkhuizen
| o  ) | o  ) (   (    ==  Reina Prinsen-Geerligspad 9
|   <  |   <   )   )   ==  3207 GN SPIJKENISSE (The Netherlands)
!_|\_\ !_|\_\ |___/    ==  +31-181-632722