Subject: Re: obviously FAQ: no timeout on DU (OSF/1) 3.2?

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 08:28 +0100 (MET)

Andrew Robert Ellsworth ([email-masked]) wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Pat Wilson wrote:
> 
> > I'm now also seeing lots of obviously old ftp processes on my 
> > Digital Unix 3.2a box.  Has anyone figured out whether this is wu-ftpd
> > itself or something whacked with the OS?  Any good workarounds other than
> > cron-killing ftp procs that look old?
> 
> I suppose it's entirely possible that it's the OS, rather than the ftpd, 
> that's causing the problems; goodness knows we've had several problems 
> that seem to be rooted in the OS.  

Nope. it's wu-ftpd. Same happens on many SunOS and AIX boxes. This should
be fixed in the beta7 version. Check the FAQ for the location. 

-- 
Harald Milz ([email-masked])

"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 15:04:31 +0100 (MET)

> be fixed in the beta7 version. Check the FAQ for the location. 

I decided _not_ to reveal the exact location in the faq but to refer to the
list. This has the following background : Old versions of faq's float around
for a long time, and people looking for (by then obsolete) beta-versions
of the daemon will be confused. If a more frozen version is published then
I'll publish it in the faq.

If people think it's better to put the location in the faq (together with
warnings) I'll put it in.

The current location is :

ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-7.tar.Z

                                                   Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,           Internetter, Unix freak and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-30-6036637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger -l for PGPkey    (+31-30-6056619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is useless. Clickety Click