Subject: Re: htm -> html ftpconversion entry

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 1995 20:20 +0100 (MET)

Darci Chapman ([email-masked]) wrote:
> 
>  :.htm: :.html:/bin/cat %s:T_REG|T_ASCII:O_COMPRESS:NOTHING
> 
> But this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Yes it does. I tested it before I posted this. If there is a .htm file
and you type "get <file>.html", you get <file>.html. 

-- 
Harald Milz ([email-masked], [email-masked]), iX Magazine

Hail to the sun god
He sure is a fun god
Ra!  Ra!  Ra!

---

From: Darci Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 08:58:45 -0800

>and you type "get <file>.html", you get <file>.html. 

Oops; maybe I have it set up backwards then; what i'd like to do is
from by DOS box (for example) is put a .htm file to a Unix box and 
have the file automatically renamed to .html.

Do I want this instead:

  :.html: :.htl:/bin/cat %s:T_REG|T_ASCII:O_COMPRESS:NOTHING

Thanks in advance!

...dlc...

--
Darci L. Chapman Sr. Software/Firmware Consultant [email-masked]
               On loan from: Solution Logic, Inc, 503/222-0057
                 On loan to: Intel Corporation, 503/264-1419
		          http://puma.jf.intel.com