Subject: .htgroup & .htpasswd

From: [email-masked] (Sylvain Juteau)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 19:03:43 -0500

Hello everyone!

Since I installed wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta 5 with shadow (I have linux with
kernel 1.3.9), I get .htgroup and .htpasswd everywhere in my home directory
(every directories in the /ftp and in the /pub)

In the .htpasswd, I can see all the encrypted passwords with an anonymous
access!!! This is the kind of things I wanted to eliminate with shadow.
Here is how the permissions are when .htpasswd "appears": -rw-r--r--  And
when I delete these files they reappear some time! Everytime I see those
files, I do a chmod 700 on them so that only the root can see them, is it
OK like that?

Is there a solution to stop these files from appearing everywhere?

Thanks

A votre service

*****************************************************************
 Sylvain Juteau             Lien Internet du Nord-Ouest
 1717 3 ieme avenue         (L.I.N.O.)Inc.   (President)
 Val-d'Or (Qc)              Premier fournisseur Internet en
 J9P 1W3                    Abitibi-Temiscamingue
 819-874-5665               Visitez notre page web:
 e-mail:[email-masked]    "http://lino.com"
 Tel: 819-874-5665
*****************************************************************