Subject: wu-ftpd pathnames.h

From: [email-masked] (Zeljko Rajic)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:32:54 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody,

I'd now like to install the wu-ftp daemon. And as I have read in the installation
guide I first have to change the pathenames in the 'src/pathnames.h' !
Now I'd like to know if the paths there are all relative to ~ftp or to the
root-directory ! I guess that for example '/bin/sh' is relative to root !
Furthermore I'd like to know if all the configuration files like ftpaccess or ftpusers
have to be in the edited paths before doing the 'build lnx' command ! And if they have
to be there, can I use the examples that are included in the wu-ftpd archive ??

I would be very gratefull for any kind of help !

Zeljko Rajic  	<[email-masked]>

---

From: "Johan Brattemark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 95 13:28:19 MET

Hi Zeljko,

_PATH_EXECPATH is relative to the chroot()ed ftp user's login. The rest of the 
paths are absolute.

% Johan

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: wu-ftpd pathnames.h
Author:  [email-masked] at ccgate
Date:    11/23/95 11:44 AM

Hello everybody,

I'd now like to install the wu-ftp daemon. And as I have read in the 
installation
guide I first have to change the pathenames in the 'src/pathnames.h' !
Now I'd like to know if the paths there are all relative to ~ftp or to the 
root-directory ! I guess that for example '/bin/sh' is relative to root ! 
Furthermore I'd like to know if all the configuration files like ftpaccess or 
ftpusers
have to be in the edited paths before doing the 'build lnx' command ! And if 
they have
to be there, can I use the examples that are included in the wu-ftpd archive ??