Subject: Re: Class Patches...

From: "R.R. Sprinkhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:33:40 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Ken Germann wrote:

> I've seen some wu-ftpd servers running with some class patches
> that limit the amount of bandwith that a class can use like
> the FUNIC ftp server allows. Where, if they can be found, are
> they?

Not knowing you give the answer yourself! The ftp-server of FUNIC is
also created there!
I downloaded the source of version 4.1412 there. Haven't got it up and
running, though, because I'm having problems compiling WU-FTPD-2.4 in
the first place (everything compiles fine, but not the ftpd :-( ). You
probably saw my posting, just before I subscribed to this list.

Good luck,
Reginald

+---.  +---.   .----,  ==  R.R. Sprinkhuizen
| o  ) | o  ) (   (    ==  Reina Prinsen-Geerligspad 9
|   <  |   <   )   )   ==  3207 GN SPIJKENISSE (The Netherlands)
!_|\_\ !_|\_\ |___/    ==  +31-181-632722

---

From: Ken Germann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 16:02:05 -0600 (CST)

>probably saw my posting, just before I subscribed to this list.

I prefer to see if it is possible to use the WU-ARCHIVE server because
its more actively supported.

-- 
Ken Germann	Applications Specialist		(612)943-0578 Voice
[email-masked]  	Digi International, Inc.	(612)943-0579 Fax
"Chance favors the prepared mind."		(612)943-0573 Faxback

---

From: "R.R. Sprinkhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 23:16:41 +0100 (MET)

[SLIGHT CUTS]
> [SLIGHT CUT] 

True, but who's gonna support your patched WU-Archive daemon?! At least 
the FUNIC server is supported! By a bunch of ppl knowing what an ftpd 
should do, and what it should not!
But, have it your way. I don't think I will subscribe to the mailing-list:

KG-PATCHED-WU-FTPD

:-)