Subject: Re: Question....

From: Andrew Robert Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 19:58:52 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Mark W. de Raad wrote:

> Just wondering - you mentioned that 2.4 is the release version - why do I 
> see 2.5 beta (academic - whatever that means!) floating around?
> 
> Is there somehwere I can get more info on the later releases?

The reason I called it the "release" version is because, as far as I know,
2.4 is the last "official" release.  There are other versions available
because there are other people working on newer releases, since Bryan is
no longer working on the project. 

I e-mailed Bryan about this, and he responded as follows:

-- begin quote --

There is a group of people led by Stan Barber ([email-masked]) that are
working on a new release.  The beta version of this release is at:
ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-6.tar.Z
I had nothing to do with it -- I only know about it because they talk
about it on the wu-ftpd list.

-- end quote --

Unfortunately, since no one has "officially" taken over the wu-ftpd 
development process, more than one group of people have put together 
their own "next version".  

Your best bet would be to post to the list about it (I'm cc'ing this to 
the list, so that might solve your problem).  

Andy Ellsworth             | "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are
[email-masked]         | neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Assistant Admin, wuarchive | the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..."
http://cec.wustl.edu/~are1 |           --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan