Subject: OFFICIAL CHANGES in ./wu-ftpd-2.4/INSTALL

From: Andrew Robert Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 17:49:38 -0600 (CST)

As many of you may know, the mailing lists for wu-ftpd have moved to
mail.wustl.edu, so requests are now sent to [email-masked]. 
Also, Bryan O'Connor (the original author of wu-ftpd) is no longer
providing support for wu-ftpd.  Therefore, in order to minimize confusion
in the future, a few simple changes have been made to the INSTALL file
included in the distribution.  These changes occur at the end of the file,
and are included here for convenience: 

-- begin quote --

14. There are two mailing lists available that discuss the server.
    They are wu-ftpd and wu-ftpd-announce.  To subscribe to either list,
    send a message to [email-masked] with no subject and
    "subscribe <listname> <Your Name>" in the body of the message.  Please
    note that the <Your Name> field is required, and should be your NAME, not
    your e-mail address (the e-mail address is determined automatically).
 
15. Note: Bryan O'Connor no longer provides support for wu-ftpd.  Please do
    not send him mail about wu-ftpd; instead, direct inquiries to the mailing
    list mentioned above. Thanks.

--------------
wu-ftpd 2.4
written by Bryan O'Connor
 
-- end quote --

These changes are obviously not enough to warrant a new version number; 
however, the changes have been incorporated into a new .tar.Z to
facilitate automatic updating of the distribution on various mirror sites. 

The revised version can be found at:
  
  wuarchive.wustl.edu:/packages/wuarchive-ftpd/wu-ftpd-2.4.tar.Z

with size (in 1024K blocks) and date:

  187226 Nov 13 17:16

The CHECKSUMS file has been updated with the checksums for the new
.tar.Z-file (the 2.3 -> 2.4 patch and its checksum remain unchanged, as
the patch does not affect the INSTALL file). 

If you mirror/carry wu-ftpd 2.4 on an FTP site, or know of an FTP site
that does, please encourage them to get the newest revision; it will save
everyone a few headaches in the long run. 

If you have any questions concerning this minor change, feel free to mail
me at the address below.  (I'll probably post the question and the reply
to the list for the benefit of everyone.)

Thanks for your understanding,

Andy Ellsworth             | "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are
[email-masked]         | neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Assistant Admin, wuarchive | the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..."
http://cec.wustl.edu/~are1 |           --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan