Subject: obviously FAQ: no timeout on DU (OSF/1) 3.2?

From: Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:34:47 -0500

[ I can't find any list archives after 4/95 - do they exist? ]

I'm now also seeing lots of obviously old ftp processes on my 
Digital Unix 3.2a box.  Has anyone figured out whether this is wu-ftpd
itself or something whacked with the OS?  Any good workarounds other than
cron-killing ftp procs that look old?

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Robert Ellsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:49:02 -0600 (CST)

> cron-killing ftp procs that look old?

Just to let you know, we're also running DU here at wuarchive, and even 
with the patched 2.4 version we still get timeouts.  Haven't tried the 
new 2.4.2 beta though. 

I suppose it's entirely possible that it's the OS, rather than the ftpd, 
that's causing the problems; goodness knows we've had several problems 
that seem to be rooted in the OS.  

Andy Ellsworth             | "...The wind was not the beginning.  There are
[email-masked]         | neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of
Assistant Admin, wuarchive | the Wheel of Time.  But it was _a_ beginning..."
http://cec.wustl.edu/~are1 |           --The Wheel of Time saga, Robert Jordan