Subject: Re: location of beta

From: Evan Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:30:41 -0500

At 15:04 95-11-30 +0100, you wrote:
>I decided _not_ to reveal the exact location in the faq but to refer to the
>list. This has the following background : Old versions of faq's float around
>for a long time, and people looking for (by then obsolete) beta-versions
>of the daemon will be confused. If a more frozen version is published then
>I'll publish it in the faq.
>
>If people think it's better to put the location in the faq (together with
>warnings) I'll put it in.
>
>The current location is :
>
>ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-7.tar.Z

For the sendmail 8.7 betas, the files were hidden but in a .message file it
gave all the warnings about running beta software and then at the bottom the
name of the file to get.  What about doing something similar for wu-ftpd?

Evan
--
Evan Champion [email-masked]    + Visit our web server at:
Directeur, Network Operations      | Allez voir notre serveur W3 a:
Directeur, Exploitataion du reseau | <http://www.synapse.net/>
Synapse Internet                   +