Subject: Re: AIX 3.2.5 and Incoming

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:42:06 -0700

>Set permissions to allow write to the directory.  I use 0733 - the
>directory contents are not visible, and coupled with the line below, the
>directory cannot be used for trading illicit software and other material
>I don't want on my site.
>
>
>ftpaccess:
>
>upload  /home/ftp  /incoming     yes     root    daemon  0400 nodirs
>
>I also have the above line in /etc/ftpaccess - you can't read back what
>you put up, so it is a one way street.
>
>Michael
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>Michael Brennen, President   /           /           [email-masked]
>FishNet, Inc.               / Internet  /         http://www.fni.com/
>P.O. Box 940451            /  Services /     (214) 783-2553 (vox/fax)
>Plano,  TX  75074-0451    /           /  finger me for PGP public key

I've tried this, but it still does not change the owner and group.  It also
still allows directories to be placed in incoming.  Anybody else have a
suggestion?

David

.............................................................................
David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS Department
Digital Multimedia Specialist         Missoula, MT  59812
                                      Work Phone : (406)243-4810

---

From: Keith Pilotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:09:11 -0800

> still allows directories to be placed in incoming.  Anybody else have a
 
I was able to prevent the directories from being created by changing this:

	upload  /usr/spool/ftp  *          no
to
	upload  /usr/spool/ftp  *          no  nobody nobody  0000 nodirs

This is on a Solars 2.4/SPARC running wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-7]

+Keith

--
Keith F. Pilotti                                [email-masked]
QUALCOMM Incorporated                           UNIX Computer Support Team
6455 Lusk Boulevard                             +1 619 658-4555 (Voice)
San Diego, CA 92121-2779                        +1 619 658-2115 (FAX)

---

From: Keith Pilotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:11:53 -0800

> I've tried this, but it still does not change the owner and group.

In order for the server to manipulate ownership of files, it must be running 
as root.

+Keith