Subject: [Q]: WU-FTPD and "REAL" User Classes...

From: Marcus Eric Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 16:10:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks,

	I was wondering if there is any special incantation you have to 
perform in order to get the wu-ftpd (ftpd) daemon to grant FTP access to 
users who have real login accounts on my system.  This particular system 
is a Sun SPARC-IPC running SunOS 4.1.3_U1B, and I use the -al flags on my 
/etc/inetd.conf ftpd entry for logging and stuff.

	I am also curious to know if I have to do something in the ftpd.c 
code to have it do a chdir() to the user's local directory instead of the 
chroot() call that is currently there.  Hmmm....

	If anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful!  Direct 
replies are appreciated, but I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em.

	Have a good one!

							Marcus E. Harris

                                _\\\|///_ 
                                 ( O-O )
+-----------------------------o00--(_)--00o----------------------------+
|                                                                      |
| Marcus Eric Harris	             Email:  [email-masked]    |
| Senior Site Analyst                        [email-masked] |
| SSDS, Inc.                        	                               |
| Bldg. E-2929 USASOC COMMAND HQ.    Phone:  910.432.4311              |
| Fort Bragg, North Carolina 28307     FAX:  FAX NUMBER UNAVAILABLE    |
|                                                                      |
| "Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a min- |
|  ute, then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back.      |
|                   NOW who's asking the questions?"                   |
|                                                                      |
+-----------------------------o00--(_)--00o----------------------------+
                                _( O-O )_
                                 ///|\\\

---

From: [email-masked] (Walt Dabell)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 95 16:32:55 EST

> From: Marcus Eric Harris <[email-masked]>

> /etc/inetd.conf ftpd entry for logging and stuff.

Nope. Should work right away. You could have done what I did though...

I forgot to put /bin/csh in the /etc/shells file when I added a special
/etc/ftponly entry for a guest group.

         Walt Dabell    (302)645-4225    [email-masked]  
       University of Delaware,  College of Marine Studies