Subject: Disabling recursive directory listings

From: Evan Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 16:04:23 -0500 (EST)

We have a very large FTP filesystem and we are having problems with users
doing recursive directory listings and then leaving, etc. before the listing
is finished.  This leaves behind lots of ls's running.  Is there a way to
disable recursive directory listings in wu-ftpd, or if the feature isn't
already there, in which part would I look to disable the command?

Thanks.

Evan

---

From: "Der Fuhrer...aka:STH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 14:32:46 -0800 (PST)

hello,

i have checked the man pages, and the install and still can't seem to get 
regular users to login.  anonymous can log in fine, but regular users 
can't.  i compiled with shadow supporty, cause i'm using shadowed 
passwords, and have the /etc/shells file, but regular users still can't 
login, and the names aren't in the ftpusers file.  any suggestions?

thanks,

-bryan

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Anderson)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 10:22:42 -0600 (CST)

I would think that the easiest fix would be to get an ls that doesn't do
recursive.  Get gnu ls and hack it.
-- 
Charles Anderson - [email-masked]

Disclaimer: They tell me disclaimers are useless, so here's mine: thhhppt...