Subject: Where is the beta?

From: [email-masked] (Dan Pritchett)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 13:00:51 -0800

I hate wasting net bandwidth for this, but I haven't seen the answer come
back to the list in several weeks. I'm getting burned in the worse sort of
way on the hanging daemons and need to get the latest fixes in ASAP.

Thanks

Dan Pritchett                          The Sphere Information Services, Inc.
[email-masked]                      (800)664-7434/(408)369-9105
http://www.thesphere.com               FAX: (408)266-4376

For my PGP public key, send mail to [email-masked] with [email-masked]
in the message body.

---

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 08:40:51 -0600

>Funny 'cause I just did as well, Wednesday Sept. 13, 10:20 am EST and
>the directory is empty.  Does one need special permission to get
>there and/or see the files??

Just do a get in this directory of that file name.  It really is there, and
you can download it.  They just have it set up so that you can see it--beta
privacy issues.

David

******************************************************************************
David L. Thompson                       e-mail:[email-masked]
3650 Hwy 200 E. Box 10                  University of Montana/CS Department
Missoula, MT  59802                     Missoula, MT  59812
Home Phone : (406)543-8530              Work Phone : (406)243-4810
******************************************************************************

---

From: "Pascale Tetreault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 10:49:55 +0000

On 13 Sep 95 at 16:47, Koos van den Hout _U nix and wrote:

	<snip, snip>

> > get there and/or see the files??
> 
> The directory is unreadable. You need to get the filenames blindly.

Great, thanks to all that replied.  I got it :-)

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Pascale Tetreault                  CNG Group Inc.
[email-masked]                Ottawa, Ontario

Visit our web site at
http://www.cng.on.ca/
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

---

From: [email-masked] (John R. Petersen)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 08:24:44 -0700

The directory is not empty, it's mode 711, presumeably to keep mirroring
sites from distributing the beta.  If you get the file by name, it will
transfer, you just can't do a dir or ls of the directory.

                                        --John