Subject: AIX version of WU-FTPD

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 09:18:03 -0600

I have been trying to get the AIX version of the beta up and running.  I've
run into a few problems and thought that I would mention them.

1.  The groups still do not seem to have the fix made by Bill Pemberton.
This can be obtained at
tigger.itc.virginia.edu:/pub/AIX/wu-ftpd.diffs.txt.gz

2.  With a build AIX, there are a couple of problems. In config.h
  #define SVR4 needs to be #undef SVR4
  In popen.c   #include <sys/m_wait.h>  needs to be added.

3.  Even when I added the -a switch to the inetd.conf file for my ftpd, it
still would not recognize that I wanted it to use the ftpaccess files.  I
hacked the code and made this the default again, and now it works -- I
suggest making this the default behavior again.

If the people updating the code are listening, please respond.  If you need
assistance, I would be glad to help out.

--David

.............................................................................
David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS Department
                                      Missoula, MT  59812
                                      Work Phone : (406)243-4810

---

From: "Steven K. Womble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 11:38:45 -0600

The problem that I was having regarding group access and restrictions
to certain directories now works. I applied the fixes listed below to
my AIX wu-ftp code and now it works. These changes along with setting
up the groups and directory/file group accesses did the trick!

Thanks.

Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Steve Womble                              [email-masked]

>>:  I have been trying to get the AIX version of the beta up and running. 
I've

     If the people updating the code are listening, please respond.  If you
need
     assistance, I would be glad to help out.

     --David

     ..........................................................................
...
     David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
     The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS
Department
                                           Missoula, MT  59812
                                           Work Phone : (406)243-4810

>>: