Subject: S/key and Time..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 13:47:22 -0400 (EDT)

I finally have gotten WU-FTPD (beta 5) up and running.

	I have three queries about it though..

	1. Skey authentication is invoked for ALL users except for Anonymous 
and those accounts destined for guest access ??  I.E. if a key has not been 
generated for the user then they will be denied access??
	
	2. Time. The syslog appears to be logging the wu-ftpd messages 4 hours 
ahead of time.  I there a parameter to be changed for EDT not GMT ???

	3. I got this running on an SGI running IRIX 5.3 after much help from 
those who have traveled before me. During the Install it could not install the 
Man pages.  Where do the man pages belong on an IRIX 5.3 box??

	Any info would be greatly appreciated.

  -=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
  |   Miles D. Oliver - POSTMASTER    |   Network/Systems Administrator     |
  |   National Public Radio           |   W.      +1-202-414-2989           |
  |   635 Massachusetts Ave NW        |   FAX:    +1-202-414-3051           |
  |   Washington DC. 20001            |   Internet: [email-masked]         |
  |                                   |   http://www.npr.org/               |
  -=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
  | TECH:  Now is this a DOS or Windows product we are helping you with.... |
  | USER:       Gee.. I dont know.. Let me look at the box....              |
  -=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 14:20:20 -0500 (CDT)

> generated for the user then they will be denied access??

Depends how you compiled it.  By default it will not take ordinary 
passwords (a *Hobbit* hack).  However, look for the word "wrongo" in 
ftpd.c and comment that line of source out.  You'll know quickly enough 
when you find the right line......

You will still get the SKEY prompt but entering the ordinary password 
will work.

> ahead of time.  I there a parameter to be changed for EDT not GMT ???

Don't know about this.

> Man pages.  Where do the man pages belong on an IRIX 5.3 box??

Is there a /usr/man/man[1-8] set of directories?  I don't know SGI.

Michael Brennen