Subject: Guest Login problem (solaris)

From: "Walter Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 12:32:18 +0000

Thanks for all that responded to my previous message, but I still 
can't get guest logins to work.

Platform: Sun Netra (sparcstation5) running Solaris 2.4

I can log into ftp with the guest ID, but when I do ls or file 
transfer, I get the error:
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Many people responded that I needed ls, stuff in devs, lib, etc. I 
know I need these files because of the chroot().  What I did was to 
setup the guest account as a subdirectory under my anonymous ftp 
tree and setup a login account:
xyz:x:2501:2002:xyz person:/export/home/ftp/./users/guests/xyz:/bin/false

/export/home/ftp is the top of the anonymous tree
/bin/false is in /etc/shells

Anonymouse ftp works great.  Normal user ftp works great. Guest 
groups (with the SITE command) have the same problem as guest logins.

So, anonyone have any other ideas?
---
     Walter Reed ([email-masked])