Subject: Help with anonymous ftp

From: [email-masked] (John Argenziano)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:11:03 -0400

HI.

I've recently retrieved the wu-ftpd 2.4 code and compiled it.  It seems to be
working OK.  I can ftp in to the host as a "real" user and everything works
fine.  However, when I come in as user "anonymous", when I try to perform any
command that requires a socket for data transfer, I get the following message:

	Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,65535): Bad file number.

Thus, whenever I do an "ls", or a "get", etc., I get this error.  I DO have the
proper character-special devices in my ~/ftp/dev directory (tcp, zero, null),
and they are permissioned exactly as the originals in /dev.  Does any one have
any ideas as to what might be the problem?  Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

-- 
John Argenziano
SunRiver Data Systems
Telephone: (407)333-8338
FAXsimile: (407)333-0050
Email:     [email-masked]