Subject: Re: Disable mkdir?

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 1995 18:45:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Subject: Re: Disable mkdir?
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Harry's Box

Leslie_B_Dreyer Kalra ([email-masked]) wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to disable mkdir for anonymous/guest
> ftp? Using wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.4. 

As the ftpaccess man page says,

            The  optional  "dirs"  and  "nodirs"  keywords can be
            specified to allow or disallow the  creation  of  new
            subdirectories using the mkdir command.

e.g. 

upload  /usr/ftp  /pub/incoming yes     root    root  0644 dirs

Hope this helps. 

> Also, I keep hearing rumors that there is an FAQ out there, but
> no one seems to know where it is. Can someone point me in the

I asked this question also a couple of days ago and was pointed towards 
various FAQ and help pages. However, I didn't find a special wu-ftpd
FAQ out there. 

-hm