Subject: lost server after maintenance.

From: Chuck Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 09:21:56 CDT

Okay, I needed to send this note before I took a ball bat to my machine.

I am running wu-ftpd 2.4 on AIX 3.2.5 and have had things running fine
for a few months. Yesterday, due to an apar against my hard drive
definitions (apar IX48926 for those interested), I needed to backup,
redefine and restore the drive. All the ftpd code was located on this
drive so I needed to shutdown the ftp server before work began. Now
that I am done, I am unable to get the server running again. What did
I miss? When I try to FTP to the server I get the msg "500 FTP server is
down..."

When a FTPSHUT is down does something need to be done to get it running
again?

Thanks for any input,

Chuck

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Lausin)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 13:36:16 -0600 (MDT)

> When a FTPSHUT is down does something need to be done to get it running

Look in /etc for ftpshut file and rm it.

---

From: Neil Brookins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 15:50:42 -0400 (EDT)

> Look in /etc for ftpshut file and rm it.

No! Its not there unless the ftpaccess file says so. You have to
look for the line like this one:
shutdown               /usr/lib/shutdown

Note that mine is different...

--->Neil