Subject: Re: S/key and Time..

From: "Winger, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 15:28:00 cdt

Michael Brennen wrote:

>       I finally have gotten WU-FTPD (beta 5) up and running.
>
>       I have three queries about it though..
>       1. ...
>       2. Time. The syslog appears to be logging the wu-ftpd messages 4 
hours
> ahead of time.  I there a parameter to be changed for EDT not GMT ???

I'm having the same problem.  As near as I can tell, mine's 5 hours ahead 
but I'm just at wu-ftpd 2.4.1

Anyone have ideas on this?

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 22:50:26 MET DST

> Anyone have ideas on this?

wu-ftpd overwrites it's argv[] array. On some unices this clutters the
environment and therefore the TZ variable.

solution :

#undef 	SETPROCTITLE

in src/config/config.h

                                     Grtx. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,           Internetter, Unix freak and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-3402-36637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger for PGPkey       (+31-3402-56619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  GCS d- p(-) c++(+++) l+ u+++ e++ m+(-) s+/- !n h f+ g+ w(++) t+ r !y(*)

---

From: Vincent Cojot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 14:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

Is the list dead? I have not received a single message from it for the 
last two days.. If anyone sees this message, could you please tell me and 
I will re-subscribe.

Vincent
(anxiously waiting for a reply to his "cannot GZIP plain files" problem. :)
_________________________________________________________________________
Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering.
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique.
[email-masked], [email-masked]

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 14:32:42 -0500 (CDT)

> last two days.. If anyone sees this message, could you please tell me and 

Since this is Monday, and most of us probably monitor this from our work....
n'est pas?

Try this, originally posted by Jan Hrdonka <[email-masked]>:

I have found a bug in wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-5, IMO. The src/ftpd.c must be:

line 1409:
        if (S_ISREG(st.st_mode) && (cptr->types & T_REG) == 0) {
                                                         ^^ not !=
...     if (S_ISREG(st.st_mode) == 0 && S_ISDIR(st.st_mode) == 0) {
...     if ((cptr->types & T_ASCII) == 0 && deny_badasciixfer(550, ""))

I didn't check all source codes but uncompression on-the-fly works well now.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ketan Shah)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 15:51:18 -0400

stay calm ....its only monday.

-- 
Ketan Shah ([email-masked])
	
Varimetrix Corporation
2350 Commerce Pk. Dr., No. 4
Palm Bay, FL 32905
Tel. No.(407)-676-3222

---

From: Vidiot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 16:25:41 -0500 (CDT)

The following version, wu-2.4.2-academ[BETA-5], has got major problems.

1) Look at the list below of ftp's that just don't go away.  There are 156
   in that list.  Why isn't the ftp daemon killing them off?

2) The user count is screwed up as well.  I had to make the access unlimited,
   since the user count is incremented in the access file, but never
   decremented.  Anyone have any idea as to the problem and/or fixes?

SunOS 4.1.3_U1
SPARCstation 20/M50

Thanks for any help or pointers.

MB
-- 
System Administrator - FT/MS - Madison WI.
e-mail: [email-masked]
phone: (608) 273-8262  fax: (608) 273-8719  voice-mail: (800) 426-6488 ext 6293
Visit - <URL:http://www.cdsnet.net/vidiot/>  (Your link to Star Trek and UPN)

  182 ?  IW    0:00 -199.166.254.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR / (in.f
  347 ?  IW    0:00 -129.105.100.94: anonymous/ferguson@: LIST (in.ftpd)
  632 ?  IW    0:00 -143.229.200.10: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
  740 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.221: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
  752 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.221: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 1352 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.19.84: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
 1369 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.19.84: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
 1411 ?  IW    0:00 -128.206.1.129: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 1456 ?  IW    0:00 -199.89.235.229: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub (in.f
 1601 ?  IW    0:00 -204.174.30.26: anonymous/[email-masked]: R (in.f
 1627 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.126: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 1630 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.126: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 1643 ?  IW    0:00 -192.188.135.24: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
 1676 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.126: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 1871 ?  IW    0:00 -134.88.146.21: anonymous/umassd.edu@: RETR /pub/MSCL (in.f
 1884 ?  IW    0:00 -129.74.199.139: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.ft
 1992 ?  IW    0:00 -205.164.220.39: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
 2226 ?  IW    0:00 -204.191.33.95: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2228 ?  IW    0:00 -204.191.33.95: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2272 ?  IW    0:00 -130.236.84.33: anonymous/Netscape@: LIST (in.ftpd)
 2297 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.172.47: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
 2303 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.172.47: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
 2350 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.18.133: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pu (in.f
 2360 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.18.133: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pu (in.f
 2746 ?  IW    0:00 -140.142.180.61: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.ft
 2748 ?  IW    0:00 -140.142.180.61: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.ft
 2772 ?  IW    0:00 -128.180.124.10: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2774 ?  IW    0:00 -128.180.124.10: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2775 ?  IW    0:00 -128.180.124.10: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2776 ?  IW    0:00 -128.180.124.10: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 2778 ?  IW    0:00 -128.146.24.195: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 3211 ?  IW    0:00 -147.134.225.68: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
 3224 ?  IW    0:00 -199.74.125.61: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
 3226 ?  IW    0:00 -199.74.125.61: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
 3227 ?  IW    0:00 -199.74.125.61: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
 3733 ?  IW    0:00 -198.160.254.23: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
 5294 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.222.111: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
 5300 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.222.111: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
 5361 ?  IW    0:00 -165.91.64.183: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
 5847 ?  IW    0:00 -129.62.131.41: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
 5993 ?  IW    0:00 -130.157.34.187: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
 6028 ?  IW    0:00 -165.82.104.13: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
 6256 ?  IW    0:00 -128.174.166.97: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
 6305 ?  IW    0:00 -199.224.64.34: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
 6326 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.32.21: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub (in.f
 6829 ?  IW    0:00 -128.174.166.88: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 7065 ?  IW    0:00 -204.214.136.232: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.f
 7079 ?  IW    0:00 -204.214.136.232: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.f
 7083 ?  IW    0:00 -204.214.136.232: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.f
 8377 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.18.126: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pu (in.f
 8408 ?  IW    0:00 -165.254.128.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftp
 8411 ?  IW    0:00 -165.254.128.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftp
 8459 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.18.153: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pu (in.f
 8463 ?  IW    0:00 -165.254.128.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftp
 8500 ?  IW    0:00 -168.143.0.151: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
 8502 ?  IW    0:00 -205.200.18.105: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pu (in.f
 8570 ?  IW    0:00 -152.15.210.1: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
 8579 ?  IW    0:00 -152.15.210.1: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
 8588 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.200: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 8592 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.200: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 8619 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.200: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
 8699 ?  IW    0:00 -204.157.51.129: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd
 8712 ?  IW    0:00 -204.157.51.129: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd
 9127 ?  IW    0:00 -132.203.250.86: anonymous/687-9293@: RETR /pub/MSCL/ (in.f
 9142 ?  IW    0:00 -128.59.241.30: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
 9164 ?  IW    0:00 -137.81.3.71: anonymous/Netscape@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSC (in.f
12162 ?  IW    0:00 -157.252.65.118: anonymous/YOUREMAILADDRESS@: RETR /p (in.f
12175 ?  IW    0:00 -157.252.65.118: anonymous/YOUREMAILADDRESS@: RETR /p (in.f
12672 ?  IW    0:00 -204.32.168.77: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR / (in.f
12802 ?  IW    0:00 -202.36.36.140: anonymous/[email-masked]. (in.f
12849 ?  IW    0:00 -199.183.109.6: anonymous/tcw@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLth (in.f
12851 ?  IW    0:00 -194.65.16.39: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftp
12880 ?  IW    0:00 -199.17.178.85: anonymous/Netscape@: RETR /pub/MSCL/M (in.f
12918 ?  IW    0:00 -128.42.5.191: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.ft
14277 ?  IW    0:00 -128.148.41.69: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.ft
14303 ?  IW    0:00 -199.60.230.70: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
14312 ?  IW    0:00 -199.60.230.70: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
14379 ?  IW    0:00 -198.65.161.114: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.ft
14380 ?  IW    0:00 -198.65.161.114: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.ft
15005 ?  IW    0:00 -192.188.135.83: anonymous/Lopez_B.@: RETR /pub/MSCL/ (in.f
15006 ?  IW    0:00 -192.188.135.83: anonymous/Lopez_B.@: RETR /pub/MSCL/ (in.f
15350 ?  IW    0:00 -129.105.9.210: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
15777 ?  IW    0:00 -206.9.78.37: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
15778 ?  IW    0:00 -206.9.78.37: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
15901 ?  IW    0:00 -137.48.46.181: anonymous/[email-masked]: L (in.f
16072 ?  IW    0:00 -204.174.28.3: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
16101 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.21.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
16104 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.21.20: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
16223 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16224 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16231 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16239 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16240 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16242 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16243 ?  IW    0:00 -199.218.238.18: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
16372 ?  IW    0:00 -136.167.201.35: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
16373 ?  IW    0:00 -136.167.201.35: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
16869 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.234.169: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
16983 ?  IW    0:00 -141.225.223.46: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
17016 ?  IW    0:00 -205.216.133.229: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
17128 ?  IW    0:00 -128.169.27.66: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
17148 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.234.169: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
17149 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.234.169: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
17150 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.234.169: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
17158 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.234.169: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
17531 ?  IW    0:00 -199.174.129.41: anonymous/[email-masked]: L (in.f
18317 ?  IW    0:00 -139.121.23.17: anonymous/ANARCHIE/[email-masked]. (in.f
18321 ?  IW    0:00 -139.121.23.17: anonymous/ANARCHIE/[email-masked]. (in.f
18335 ?  IW    0:00 -139.121.23.17: anonymous/ANARCHIE/[email-masked]. (in.f
18366 ?  IW    0:00 -139.121.23.17: anonymous/ANARCHIE/[email-masked]. (in.f
18615 ?  IW    0:00 -136.244.49.54: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
18683 ?  IW    0:00 -136.244.49.54: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
19590 ?  IW    0:00 -204.251.2.200: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub (in.f
19592 ?  IW    0:00 -204.251.2.200: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub (in.f
19669 ?  IW    0:00 -136.159.200.35: anonymous/[email-masked]: R (in.f
20340 ?  IW    0:00 -198.59.166.165: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
20357 ?  IW    0:00 -198.59.166.165: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
20849 ?  IW    0:00 -131.144.196.142: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
20909 ?  IW    0:00 -131.144.196.142: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthe (in.f
21134 ?  IW    0:00 -129.105.9.209: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
21498 ?  IW    0:00 -199.185.220.23: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
21526 ?  IW    0:00 -137.81.38.103: anonymous/Netscape@: RETR /pub/MSCL/M (in.f
21988 ?  IW    0:00 -194.90.1.229: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
22009 ?  IW    0:00 -149.130.205.18: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
22016 ?  IW    0:00 -149.130.205.18: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem (in.f
22087 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.144.214: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
22089 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.144.214: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
22526 ?  IW    0:00 -204.191.100.105: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.ft
22529 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.19.70: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
22530 ?  IW    0:00 -204.71.19.70: anonymous/[email-masked]: RE (in.f
22977 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.7.102: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
23157 ?  IW    0:00 -140.174.243.242: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
23160 ?  IW    0:00 -140.174.243.242: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
23195 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.6.49: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub/M (in.f
23225 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.7.77: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /pub/M (in.f
23557 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.7.102: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
25897 ?  IW    0:00 -136.244.49.48: anonymous/@: RETR /pub/MSCL/MSCLthem. (in.f
25969 ?  IW    0:00 -140.192.94.87: anonymous/[email-masked]: (in.ft
25973 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.172.41: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
26486 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.172.46: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
26508 ?  IW    0:00 -198.53.172.46: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
26632 ?  IW    0:00 -199.237.36.47: anonymous/[email-masked]: RET (in.f
26760 ?  IW    0:00 -204.120.67.104: anonymous/Netscape@: LIST (in.ftpd)
26761 ?  IW    0:00 -204.17.139.60: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
26765 ?  IW    0:00 -204.120.67.104: anonymous/Netscape@: LIST (in.ftpd)
26773 ?  IW    0:00 -204.17.139.60: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR /p (in.f
27032 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.247: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
27038 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.247: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
27149 ?  IW    0:00 -199.234.182.247: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
27488 ?  IW    0:00 -194.109.7.65: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
27498 ?  IW    0:00 -194.109.7.65: anonymous/[email-masked]: LIST (in.ftpd)
28833 ?  IW    0:00 -165.21.1.142: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
28842 ?  IW    0:00 -165.21.1.142: anonymous/[email-masked]: RETR (in.f
28916 ?  IW    0:00 -194.128.188.222: anonymous/[email-masked]: R (in.f
29603 ?  IW    0:00 -141.211.7.60: anonymous/[email-masked] (in.f
29644 ?  IW    0:00 -128.8.76.83: anonymous/Computer Science Center@: RET (in.f

---

From: [email-masked] (Max Heffler)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:45:12 -0500 (CDT)

> last two days.. If anyone sees this message, could you please tell me and 

I received it...
-- 
Max Heffler, Senior Software Design Engineer         [email-masked]
Homepage: http://www.texmicro.com/~max - (an exercise in egomania)
  ___________________________________________________
  / // /// // /// // /// // /// // /// // /// // ///
 ---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vincent Cojot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 11:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

> ...     if ((cptr->types & T_ASCII) == 0 && deny_badasciixfer(550, ""))

	I tried this and recompiled but nothing changed: I can still "get
directory.tar.gz" or "get directory.tgz" but I cannot "get file.Z" or "get
file.gz", It says: "cannot GZIP plain files" or "cannot COMPRESS plain
files". I am relaly lost here so if someone has an idea, I would really
_love_ it. :) :) :)

Vincent