Subject: wu-ftpd and Ultrix 4.4

From: Dick Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 16:41:57 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,
   I'm new to this list and would like to ask 2 questions.  First, is 
there a FAQ anywhere?  This should prevent me from asking dumb questions 
in the future.
   Second, I'm trying to run wu-ftpd on an Ultrix 4.4 box.  It compiles 
fine and works well for anonymous users, but not for real users.  If I 
remove the "real" member from the class "all", it kicks me out without 
even asking for a password.  When "real" is a member of "all", it asks 
for the password, but the login always fails.  I assume that it's just 
not handling the Ultrix authentication (shadow passwords), but haven't a 
clue where to start looking (actually tried looking in the config.h for 
Ultrix and tried #define ULT_AUTH and such with no luck).  Thanks in 
advance for any help.

						Dick

						Richard K. Thompson
						(406) 243-4032
						[email-masked]
						[email-masked]