Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 08:12:29 -0600

These are the same re-occuring AIX questions.  Anybody got the FAQ started yet?

To fix your problems, groups for real users need to be fixed.  The code to
get these fixed can be located at

tigger.itc.virginia.edu:/pub/AIX/wu-ftpd.diffs.txt.gz

If you're not just having group problems, make sure that you don't have the
real users "guest grouped."  If you do, this will really raise havoc when
trying to chroot out of the anonymous path.

David

>I am helping the systems administrator here and we're having a problem.
>
>We have anonymous ftp set up on two machines, NIC and URSA.  On NIC
>everything works fine.  But on URSA, while we can ftp in as anonymous
>with no problem, we cannot ftp as user.
>
>The two machines are the same, both with AIX3.2.5.  Do you have any
>suggestions as to the source of this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance.

.............................................................................
David L. Thompson                     mailto:[email-masked]
The University of Montana/ITRC        The University of Montana/CS Department
                                      Missoula, MT  59812
                                      Work Phone : (406)243-4810