Subject: Disable mkdir?

From: [email-masked] (Leslie_B_Dreyer Kalra)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 14:02:25 -0400

All:

Can someone tell me how to disable mkdir for anonymous/guest
ftp? Using wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.4. 

Also, I keep hearing rumors that there is an FAQ out there, but
no one seems to know where it is. Can someone point me in the
right direction? I saw a posting referring to a web document,
but the URL got me nowhere.

Thanks...

Leslie Dreyer Kalra
AT&T
[email-masked]

---

From: Dovid Zirkind <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 02:49:53 -0400

> ftp? Using wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.4. 

the ~ftp should NOT belong and/or have write rights to these dirs, try:

	chown -R 0.0 ~ftp
	chmod 755 ~ftp	;# this should actualy be done for all of it's 
			sub-directories

                        +------------------------------+
                        |    http://www.chabad.org     |
                        |  gopher://gopher.chabad.org  |
                        +------------------------------+