Subject: skey

From: *Hobbit* <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 18:46:38 -0400

yeah... my fault; I assumed that folks wanting s/key would NOT want regular
passwords, but I did point out what line of source to take out if you
wanted both.  Make sure your line says "wrongo:spazmoid" and not "xxx", or
else a passwd field disabled with "xxx" will ALLOW access!!

Many of the patches I supplied were motivated by what I was willing to run
on my own machines, so your own needs and mileage will undoubtedly vary.
Grubbing through the source definitely pays off, though, if you carve out
some time and at least find the juicy bits if not read the whole thing!

_H*

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 10:32:15 -0500 (CDT)

> else a passwd field disabled with "xxx" will ALLOW access!!

My comment on this was not a flame at all; no blaming here.

The difficulty for me right now is transition.  I have one user that 
caught on to SKEY with little help; I have several that will take
significantly longer and several "Now what do I do???" phone calls.

New users will get trained right from the ground up.

Oh well. 

Michael