Subject: Compiling for AIX 3.2.5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 07:59:52 -0500 (CDT)

I've been trying to complie wu-ftp for AIX 3.2.5.  I expect
a few problems here and there, but it's just getting silly.
Includes are wrong, so I fix them.  Typedefs don't get declared
so I move them to where they will be.  Now system calls are
being called with the wrong number of args.  I must be doing
something wrong.  Has anyone managed to compile for AIX
3.2.5 (or similar)?  What little piece of magic do I need?

Thanks.

-- 
William R. Nau
Supercomputer Systems Engineering and Services Company (SSESCO)
511 11th Avenue South, Suite 216
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415-1536

Phone: 612-342-0003,  Email: [email-masked],  WWW: http://www.SSESCO.com

---

From: "Steven K. Womble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 09:20:40 -0600

William:

I compiled wu-ftp on an AIX 3.2.5 system with little problems. I did change
my Makefile to install the files in my /usr/local/* directories and had
to create an /etc/shells file, but those shouldn't affect your compile.

You might want to look at the changes that are in the diff file located
at:

	tigger.itc.virginia.edu:/pub/AIX/wu-ftpd.diffs.txt.gz

I was having problems with guestgroup restrictions and after I applied 
these fixes it solved my problem. There are changes to Makefiles and other
files that may solve your problem.

Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Steve Womble                              [email-masked]

>>:  I've been trying to complie wu-ftp for AIX 3.2.5.  I expect

     Thanks.

>>: