Subject: Re: WU-ftp and WWW

From: [email-masked] (Uwe Willenbacher/Proctor-Willenbacher)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 13:05:08 -0700

<SNIP>

>> This is all done on the same machine, just changing the username. I am
>> speech/clueless...
>
>That's right - my slip, as you had already noted that.
>
>Does guest login work when you use an ordinary ftp client instead of
>Netscape?  I suspect there is something more fundamental that is wrong
>with your guest setup.  You probably said before, but what is the OS you
>are running?

Archie, MacFetsch, you name it it all is working like a champ...

What does Fetsch/Archie do that NetScape and all the other Browsers don't do???
Maybe there is something silly fundamental wrong?? I have no clue at this
point:(

Cheers, uwe

                                    \\|//
                                    (o o)
==================================w===U===w================================
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
 Uwe Willenbacher      |___|___|___|___|___|___|   Fax: 415.333.5485
 Webmaster/SysAdmin      |___|___|___|___|___|     WWW: www.prowillen.com
 Proctor-Willenbacher  |___|___|___|___|___|___| eMail: [email-masked]
 |___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Doig)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 21:26:09 +0100

At 1:05 PM 9/6/95, [email-masked] (Uwe
>Maybe there is something silly fundamental wrong?? I have no clue at this

I have noticed a bug in the ftp code in Mac Netscape that makes ftp's to
usernames&passwords using:

ftp://uname:[email-masked]/full/path/to/file.Z

fail sometimes.  I cannot do it reliably and is a real pain.  I have
notified Netscape - guess what - no response.

Jeremy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m."\0"x$w),$_=`echo "16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\U$n%0]SX$k"[$m*]\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\W//g,print pack('H*'
,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die"$0 [-d] k n\n")&~1)/2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Uwe Willenbacher/Proctor-Willenbacher)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 14:04:20 -0700

>notified Netscape - guess what - no response.
Ahhh, so I could maybe sit here for month's banging my head agains a
software glitch...

Thanks, I will contact NetScape as well...

Cheers, Uwe

                                    \\|//
                                    (o o)