Subject: ls

From: [email-masked] (Bill Townsley)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 16:28:41 EDT

I've just installed wuftp-2.4 on my SPARC 2 running 
Solaris 2.4.  When I log in as user anonymous, I am
unable to "ls".  I'm getting the following error 
messages:

230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.
ftp>

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I have to state
up front that I'm re-installing wuftp because I've only just
upgraded to Solaris.  So perhaps my problems are not with
wuftp, but with the upgrade.  All the same - any suggestions?

Bill Townsley
[email-masked]

---

From: Luc Desrosiers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 18:23:40 -0400

> wuftp, but with the upgrade.  All the same - any suggestions?

look like you have not make ~ftp/dev/tcp and ~ftp/dev/zero
You can create them with mknod (just look at their conterpart
in /dev to get their minor/major number).

Finally, make sure to have all libraries that ls needs if you
want to see something with "dir" (or get a static version of ls).
You can see which library is used with "truss".

Luc Desrosiers
CIRISQ, CRIM