Subject: enhanced features no longer work

From: "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 08:23:32 +0700

Hi.  I just compiled the beta version:

   ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-5.tar.Z

on a Sun Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.4.  The ftpd seems to behave like
an ftpd should.  When I make an ftp connection to the machine, I see
wu-ftpd's prompt instead of the one from Sun's ftpd so I know wu-ftpd
is running.  However, the extended features (e.g., automagically
displaying ".message" files and support for "get dirname.tar") no
longer work.  I subscribed to this list after the announcement of the
beta version.  Has the syntax of the config files changed???  Have
these features been intentionally disabled for some reason???

--Mike

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:40:07 -0500 (CDT)

> these features been intentionally disabled for some reason???

Make sure the -a option is on the ftpd command line (in inetd.conf).  I 
think the beta version disables using the ftpaccess file unless -a is 
used.  This may be important, because most of that stuff is called out in 
ftpaccess.

Hope it helps,

Michael

---

From: "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:22:47 +0700

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:40:07 -0500 (CDT), Michael Brennen <[email-masked]> said:

>> announcement of the beta version.  Has the syntax of the config
>> files changed???  Have these features been intentionally disabled
>> for some reason???
> Make sure the -a option is on the ftpd command line (in inetd.conf).
> I think the beta version disables using the ftpaccess file unless -a
> is used.  This may be important, because most of that stuff is
> called out in ftpaccess.

That fixed the problem.  Thanks!!!

Perhaps this should go into an FAQ.  IS there an FAQ???

--Mike