Subject: uploads, real users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 09:44:39 +0000

I have installed wu-ftpd 2.4 under 386bsd and have run into some problems:

1.  Anonymous users cannot upload files.  When I log in anonymously and
    attempt to upload a file, I get the mesage "REGEX error".  
    It doesn't seem to matter what I do with the "upload" commands in my
    ftpaccess file.  I always get this.  

2.  If I try to log in as myself, I always get access denied.  
    I have "class local real *" in the ftpaccess file which as far as
    I can tell, ought to permit access by real users. 

3.  Nroff cannot format the documentation for ftpaccess either under 
    386bsd (where I get an error) or under SunOS (where I get a wrong
    format).  The problem seems to be the line

.B path-filter <typelist> <mesg> <allowed_charset> {<disallowed regexp> ...}

    which formats with "regexp>" in front of path-filter on the sun. 

I am using the ftpaccess.heavy file, trimmed and modified as 
my ftpaccess file.  (I can mail it if necessary.)

(I tried to find an archive of past messages to this list in the hopes
that my question might be answered therein, but I didn't see any
evidence of such an archive.)