Subject: No login message

From: [email-masked] (Robert R. Hardesty)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 22:48:23 +0800

I having been running wu-ftpd on a solaris 2.3 system.  It seems to be
working fine except for one thing.  I can not get the login message to
appear when the user is anonymous.  It will appear for other users, but
not anonymous.  Does anybody know what might be going on?

Regards

Robert

==============================================================
     Robert R. Hardesty       __^__     Free Internet access
     [email-masked]   /(o o)\    (510) 371-8986 guest
==========================oOO==(_)==OOo=======================

---

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 23:10:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Subject: Re: No login message
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Harry's Box

> not anonymous.  Does anybody know what might be going on?

This message must be placed in the chroot()ed area. It is being shown
when ftpd already has called chroot(). This is not true for the "banner" 
message, though. 

hm