Subject: FCNTL Lock Failed

From: Frank Everitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 14:08:25 -0400

To All....
	Since this is the first time I'm using this process, I may not be doing this posting correctly. Please take this fact into consideration before I get 
flamed. Anyway, I'm having a problem with the WU-FTPD and here's a brief 
description.

	I've installed the WU ftpd and I'm having a problem with the deamon 
	releasing itself. I'm running on a Sparc 20 under Solaris 2.4. The 
	problem scenerio is:

	After an initial ftp session is established on the Sparc 20, and the 
	user has exited using the "bye" command, "ftpd" continues to run. This 
	is determined by doing a "ps -deaf | grep ftp". When another ftp session	is initiated, the user is prompted for his login, but never gets the
	password prompt. This is because the ftp server has placed this process
	into a "sleep" state and generates the following message.

	"Aug 28 12:00:44 hawkeye ftpd[5771]: sleeping: fcntl lock of pid file 
	failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"

	I've made sure that the ftpd is owned by "bin" and is the group "bin". 
	Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks......

Frank Everitt
[email-masked]

---

From: Yossi Goltz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 22:02:35 +0300 (IDT)

Hi!

I need to configure a new group of real users that on login will chroot
to their home directorys but will be able to create and delete files.
The problem I have is that I already have a guest group that is not allowed
to do just that.

Is there a way to config. two diffrenet "guest" groups each with it's own 
delete, chown etc. directives? the two groups must do a chroot on connection.

Regards,  Yossi.

  Yossi Goltz                           |       Telephone: 972-3-6451111
  Unix Network Administrator            |
  4th Dimension Software LTD.           |       Fax:       972-3-6451100
  P.O.B. 43227                          |
  61430  Tel Aviv   ISRAEL              |       Email:     [email-masked]