Subject: Ftp failing! Please help!

From: [email-masked] (Brian Rankin)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 22:51:02 -0700

I suddenly am experiencing problems with my ftp site...
The system was recently converted from SunOS 4.1.3 to
Solaris 2.4.  Afterwords, I recompiled the source code,
created the anonymous ftp area according to the Solaris
documentation, copied my ftpaccess file (that I had saved)
onto the new system, and expected it to work.

It doesn't!!  Only anon-ftp functions; my guest groups don't
work, and none of my msgs or READMES display.  Ftpd is seeing
the ftpaccess file as when I change the "loginfails" flag the
daemon reacts correctly.  Otherwise I'm truly puzzled as it
should be working perfectly - no other settings were changed!

Any ideas would be _greatly_ appreciated.  I don't know what
else to troubleshoot & am getting a bit desperate.

Sincerely,

Brian Rankin
Far West Laboratory for Educational Research

---

From: Micah Brandon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 08:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

> onto the new system, and expected it to work.
	Do you have a /etc/shells file with the list of valid
shells in there? /bin/sh,/bin/csh, etc?  I think I remember in
the wuftpd docs that Solaris doesn't have this file by default
so you have to create it.