Subject: SGI implementation

From: Phil Biggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 14:21:30 +0100

Dear all,

   I am having difficulty installing the latest version of wu-ftpd on an
SG machine.  I have tried installing on irix 4.0.5 and irix 5.2 but to
no avail.  It seems to install OK, but then when one ftps to the machine
as soon as you perform ls for example it delivers the following message
before bombing out:-

421  Service not available, remote server has closed connection

  Upon analysis of the SYSLOG file the following lines are reported :-

Jul 14 09:41:04 indigo1 inetd[116]: /usr/etc/rpc.snoopd: No such file
or directory
Jul 14 08:41:14 indigo1 ftpd[6671]: FTP session closed

It's more than likely that it is something patently obvious that I have
overlooked, and my apologies if this is the case, but has anyone got any
ideas as to what the problem might be or what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your time and help,

Phil Biggin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil Biggin                                                  [email-masked]
Molecular Biophysics                                    voice: +44 01865 275380
University of Oxford                                      fax: +44 01865 510454
South Parks Road                    http://indigo1.biop.ox.ac.uk/phil/phil.html
Oxford
OX1 3QU
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------