Subject: Re: wu-ftp and afs

From: "Perry L. Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:48:22 -0400 (EDT)

> I've found a pointer to an AFS-aware WUarchive FTPd on the AFS Reference
> Page at http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu:8001/usr/db74/afs.html  but
> haven't checked it out yet.  Hope to soon.  Hopefully it does the right
> thing.  If you get to it first, how about a report?

Umm, here's my report:

First off, it appears that it's only been modified for AIX.  
The src/makefiles/Makefile.aix is the only one with AFS libs/includes
etc added.  It would probably be trivial to add them to the other Makefiles.

Second, I had to modify src/ftpd.c and add:
=====================================================
#include <afs/stds.h>
=====================================================
to the first AFS #define statement.  (This was to fix silly syntax
errors in structures that used both u_int32 and int32 in AFS header 
files.) That was line 122 of src/ftpd.c.

Third, the daemon appears to function correctly with both an AFS
authentication, and anonymous sessions.

Fourth, I'm not sure if the PAG is cleared when the session has been
terminated.

General background:  Compiled using AIX's cc, running OS 3.2.5.0, and
AFS version 3.3.  (The source code is wu-2.4 which is nice.)

-Perry

Perry L. Morgan
Systems Engineer
College of Engineering
University of Cincinnati

---

From: "Derrick J. Brashear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

I have a version of wu-ftpd I modified here to work with AFS, if you're
interested.

-D