Subject: Re: Anonymous directory creation.

From: "Keith Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:03:40 +1200

> > However, directories created using MKDIR always show owner ftp, group anon,
> > and permission drwxrwxr-x. 
> <clip>
> > Michael, what's the ownership on directories created in your incoming 
> > directory?
> 
> Well, I don't allow directories, actually.  My incoming directory is set
> to write only - 0733 - so you cannot see the contents

How about if you have some guestgroup users who need to create dirs?  
I have wanted to be able set the group and mods on dirs created by my 
guestgroup users for ages.

Anyone?
Keith.

---

From: Michael Brennen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 08:52:09 -0500 (CDT)

> guestgroup users for ages.

I permit guest FTP to make directories, and that works for me -- 
ownership, protections, etc.  Are you saying that guest created dirs are 
created with other than guest.guestgroup/755 ownership/protection and you 
want to be able to set it to that?  My guest dirs are created with 
guest.guestgroup ownership; prots are set normally.

Michael Brennen