Subject: BETA 5 of the wu-ftpd-2.4.2-academ server ready for testing

From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 06:24:57 CDT

The fifth (but not yet final) beta of the wu-ftpd-2.4.2-academ server is
now available. This version features a timer addition to the use of
ident so that the server will not hang waiting on an ident response
(very important for ftp clients on PCs which don't do ident well at all!).
It also features some more fixes for building this software under hpux.
The major fix is to the yacc parser. There has been a bug in the yacc parser
since the original NET-2 ftpd server was released. This version is thought
to fix that problem. 

There are also a few more "null pointer" fixes and stuff of that nature to
help in portability.

This version has been compiled and tested on the following OS/Hardware:

        SparcStation 20 runnins Solaris 2.4
        SparcStation 1 running SunOS 4.1.4 (with gcc)
        BSDI 1.1 with gcc 1.42 and 2.5.8
        Linux 1.2.8 with gcc 2.6.3

Fixes are still welcome. There will be at least one more beta before release
as I want to fix some hostname resolution things to make it consistent
throughout the software. That will be in beta 6.

Please send bug reports to "[email-masked]" or to this list.

Thanks for your assistance in identifying other bugs and especially your
patches. The next beta may be in August, so please be patient. I have
a bunch of other things going on (including upcoming beta tests of other
software I maintain).

-- 
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email-masked]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: bcm!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.