Subject: real users access

From: "VINET J.Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 14:15:51 +0200

hello,

I've just installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on my machine. All works fine for anonymous
login, but I have some problems with real users:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
orstom:vinet</usr/etc>#ftp ecusson.orstom.fr
Connected to ecusson.orstom.fr.
220 ecusson FTP server (Version wu-2.4(3) Thu Jul 20 19:26:29 MET DST 1995) ready.
Name (ecusson.orstom.fr:vinet): 
331 Password required for vinet.
Password:
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
ftp> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the same time I have this message on my console (eccuson.orstom.fr):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jul 24 14:10:51 ecusson ftpd[7278]: exiting on signal 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ecusson.orstom.fr is a Sun SparcStation 20 running Solaris 1.1.2.

Here is my ftpaccess file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class	all	real,guest,anonymous  *

limit	all	1000	Any	/opt/etc/msg.dead

readme	README*			login
readme  README*			cwd=*

message /.welcome.msg		login
message .message		cwd=*

compress	yes		local	remote
tar		yes		local	remote

log		commands real
log		transfers	anonymous,real inbound,outbound

shutdown	/opt/etc/shutmsg

email [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

=======================================================================
| Jean-Marc VINET         |                                           | 
| ORSTOM                  |           Network Engineer                |
| 911, Ave Agropolis      |         RIOnet Technical Team             |
| 34032 MONTPELLIER Cedex |                                           |
| FRANCE                  |                                           |
|=========================|===========================================|
| Tel: +33 67 61 75 09    |                                           |
| Fax: +33 67 52 37 28    |      E-mail: [email-masked]           |
=======================================================================