Subject: problems under Solaris 2.4

From: "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 15:36:16 +0700

Hi.  I just compiled wu-ftp-2.4 on a Sun Sparc 20 running Solaris
2.4.  After configuring it, I tested it by logging in both as
anonymous and as a regular user.  In both cases, I could log in and
use the "cd" and "ls" commands.  However, when I tried to use "get",
wu-ftpd aborted.  The log file says only that wu-ftpd exited on signal
11 (SEGV).

I made two changes to get wu-ftpd-2.4 to compile.  The first was
changing the compiler to gcc in ./support/makefiles/Makefile.sol.  The
second was adding the missing #ifdef in ./src/extensions.c:

979,983c979
< #ifdef HAVE_GETCWD
<     (void) getcwd(cwd,MAXPATHLEN-1);
< #else
<     (void) getwd(cwd);
< #endif
---
>   (void) getwd (cwd);

Has anyone else gotten wu-ftpd to work with Solaris 2.4?  Has anyone
else encountered this particular problem?  Is there an FAQ for this
mailing list?

--Mike