Subject: hangs on login (wu-ftpd 2.4 on bsdi 1.1)

From: Darci Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 10:42:50 -0700

Greetings!

(BTW, if there's a FAQ for this list/software, please, point me to it! :-)

I have compiled and installed wu-ftp 2.4 on bsdi 1.1. There were several
compiler warnings but no errors. For reasons I won't go into here, I need 
to install wu-ftpd on a non-standard port. I believe I have most everything
set up correctly but when I try to login as a real user, the process hangs
with the following message in the syslog file:

sleeping: flock of pid file failed: Operation not supported

(I haven't tried logging in as anonymous or guest).

Any pointers?

ThanksInAdvance!

...dlc...

--
Darci L. Chapman Sr. Software/Firmware Consultant [email-masked]
               On loan from: Solution Logic, Inc, 503/222-0057
                 On loan to: Intel Corporation, 503/264-1419
		          http://puma.jf.intel.com