Subject: Re: Anonymous directory creation.

From: "Keith Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 14:09:27 +1200

> On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Michael Brennen wrote:
>
> I permit guest FTP to make directories, and that works for me -- 
> ownership, protections, etc.  Are you saying that guest created dirs are 
> created with other than guest.guestgroup/755 ownership/protection and you 
> want to be able to set it to that?  My guest dirs are created with 
> guest.guestgroup ownership; prots are set normally.

No, I'm saying that they are created with guest.guestgroup/755 
ownership/protection and I want to set them to something else.

On our system we have users who perfrom maintance on various 
guestgroup directories.  I would like to change the group that the 
dir is created with so I'd have more control over who can maintain 
which guestgroups, and I'd like to set g+w on the directories so 
these users can delete files etc.

Note that guestgroup users do not have access to each other so the 
g+w shouldn't be risk.

Regards,
Keith.