Subject: Error 421 and class/group question

From: Steve Foley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 09:21:14 -0700 (PDT)

I had WU-FTPD running fine (doesnt every story start out that way?) and 
it started to give me the following error one time, and I dont remember 
messing with any of the settings.  This is on Solaris 2.4 on a Sparc5.

421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: No such file or directory
ftp> 

It does that for anonymous or real users.  Any ideas?  What file is it 
looking for?

Also, I was wondering if there is an easy way to give access to a 
directory based on domain.  I know I can set a higher limit of local 
users and such, but how can I give local users access to a directory like 
~/local_only?

Thanks!
-Steve

---

From: Keith Pilotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 17:26:00 -0700

> users and such, but how can I give local users access to a directory like 
 
Try the "autogroup" feature.

class   foo.com    real,guest,anonymous    *.foo.com
autogroup       localgroup   foo.com

+Keith

--
Keith F. Pilotti                                [email-masked]
QUALCOMM Incorporated                           UNIX Computer Support Team
6455 Lusk Boulevard                             +1 619 658-4555 (Voice)
San Diego, CA 92121-2779                        +1 619 658-2115 (FAX)