Subject: guestgroup question

From: [email-masked] (Michael R. Thompson)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 10:35:06 -0500

I am trying to set up a 'guest' group to allow a client and his clients a
seperate ftp area on one of our servers.

I set up an /etc/group entry, let's say client and a passwd entry, let's
say userclnt.

group:
client:*:21:userclnt

passwd:
userclnt:apassword:202:21::/clnt/ftp/./out:/bin/false

I also added the line:

guestgroup client

to ftpaccess.

Access is still denied everytime when I try to test it. Anyone have an
idea about this?

Thanks

--
Michael R. Thompson                             [email-masked]
NetDepot                                        [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Cunningham)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 11:24:39 EDT

Make sure that /bin/false is in the /etc/shells file.

***** In Reply To *****
>>Access is still denied everytime when I try to test it. Anyone have an
** End of Included Message **

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don Cunningham - UNIX SysAdmin     |     Progress Software Corporation
[email-masked]        |     14 Oak Park
(617)280-4252                      |     Bedford, MA 01730-1414
http://www.progress.com            |
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -