Subject: restricting real user's FS access?

From: "Karl Hanzel (CSDG)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 12:15:54 -0600 (MDT)

It sounds like only anonymous ftp users get restricted File System space
(via the chroot() mechanism), or have i missed something?... is it
possible to restrict a real user's access to only thier own login
directory heirarchy?

Thanks for your help!

pax,
   Karl
   *----->

Karl Hanzel        UCAR/COMET Systems Administrator     Boulder, Colorado
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
(303)497-8479   >> WORK <<          |          (303)443-6602   >> HOME <<
[email-masked] (MIME)          |          [email-masked] (NeXT/MIME)

---

From: Neil Brookins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 15:33:11 -0400 (EDT)

> (via the chroot() mechanism), or have i missed something?... is it

Nope. There are 'guest' ftp users who do get restricted...

> possible to restrict a real user's access to only thier own login

You could try using /./  in the path for their home dir to tell where
to chroot to... Here is a sample line from my /etc/passwd file where
I do this...

abba_jb:*:201:26:Abba the singers:/home/clients/abba_jb/./:/usr/local/bin/gate

---->Neil