Subject: Re: ?? group and guest controls

From: "Keith Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:50:08 +1200

> When guest1 cd's to that directory (which is really now under guest5), 
> and tries to cd .. guest1 now can go up guest5 tree instead of returning 
> to their home directory.  Is there a way I can fix this?

Use group access on the dir's to control access.  ie make A and B 
members of some group and change the group owenrship of the dir in 
guest5 to the new group.  Then make all dirs up guest5's tree owned 
by group B, and o-rwx.

Keith.

---

From: "David C. Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

> guest5 to the new group.  Then make all dirs up guest5's tree owned 

Keith,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but it didn't seem to help.  The 
different groups I mentioned are chroot()ed into different trees.  I 
thinks that is the main problem.  In looking at the doc is seem link in 
chroot()ed directories are relative to the chroot().  I'm going to 
re-think the file system layout.

David C. Brown                                  Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
[email-masked]                          7201 Hamilton Blvd.
                                                Allentown, PA 18195-1501
The opinion expressed are mine, not Air Products'.