Subject: wu-ftp on ISC anyone?

From: Andy Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:08:19 +0100 (BST)

Having problems with getting wu-ftp (2.4) to run on INTERACTIVE UNIX.

There is a config for isc, and it did built 'out the box' (using 
gcc 2.5.8 on ISC 4.1).  It ran OK, and accepted anon logins, but
would not read a password from a real user until I extracted crypt.o
from libc.a and added it to the list of objects (instead of grabbing
crypt.o out of libcposix.a presumably).

OK, so now I can get folks logging in to it (real or anonymous), but
'list' commands return nothing, though nlist commands are OK.  Also, pwd
commands do not work for anonymous logins.  I've had to pull the plug
on it for the minute and go back to the vendors server, which is a
shame, since I've got wu-ftp going nicely on SunOS and Solaris2.[34]
[sparc & x86].  The vendors server BTW is functioning OK, so I surmise
that the anonymous login is set up correctly.

So, can anyone give any tips for the ISC port please??

Many thanks in advance.
-- 
  _          __        
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_// 
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //) 
        /