Subject: Re: wu-ftpd - Solaris - logging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 09:24:35 +0200

rh> 
rh> 
rh> It seems that the command "last" on machines running Solaris 2.4 and using
rh> the wu-ftpd (2.4) don't give a line like :
rh> 
rh> ftp       ftp      levant-gate-elec Mon Jul 17 16:48 - 16:49  (00:00)
rh> 
rh> this is not the case on machines running SunOS 4.x and using wu-ftpd (2.4)
rh> or on machines running solaris 2.4 and using in.ftpd
rh> 
rh> any idea ?
rh> 
rh> 

Yes. wu-ftpd logs in wtmp. This does NOT work under SunOS 5.4. It will have
to log in wtmpx. The problem is, that the structure is different. The wtmplog
code will have to be rewritten for this. It differs too much for a simple
one-or-two line patch.

But I don't know whether it stopped working because of a bug in the wtmp(x)
mechanisms or because of a intended change in these mechanisms.

Ronald.