Subject: WU-ftpd Un-official Patches

From: "William L. Larson (Bill)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 12:50:47 -0600 (MDT)

This is going to be a very dumb question, but please bear with me.

The current, distributed, WU-ftpd is version 2.4, as available from
wustl.edu.  Watching this list, I remember seeing discussion about
various patches for wu-ftpd to allow numerous features.  These patches
are not available from wustl.edu, but is there an archive for these
patches, and more important a description of the supported features,
anywhere?

I'm seriously interested in having a system which responds differently
depending upon which network interface is used to get into the system.
For example, when ftping to 1.2.3.4, you would appear to reach a host
called "xxx.com", while going to 1.2.4.5 you get "yyy.gov".  I remember
seeing discussion of this fairly recently.

Any information would be appreciated.  I just looked over the FAQ(s),
there appear to be at least two, but see nothing about this.  The list
archive that is advertised at "xxx.nasa.gov" for this list isn't
responding.  I tried but failed!

Bill Larson  ([email-masked])	Phone: (505)844-2103
Sandia National Laboratories		  FAX: (505)844-2067
Org. 13918 M/S 0806
PO Box 5800
Albuquerque NM 87185

---

From: Warren Burstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 10:02:04 EDT

> seeing discussion of this fairly recently.

I did it by using a hacked inetd that runs a different ftpd for each
IP address (I can't share that, it's proprietary but there must be
another solution out there since I'm not the only person doing
viritual hosts, and if someone knows of a free inetd that does virtual
hosts please let me know, I didn't find one mentioned at
http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers) and have patched ftpd (not
the latest beta) to override the ~ftp home directory used for anon ftp
by a command line option.

It's at ftp::/israel,nysernet.org/ftpd

---

From: "William L. Larson (Bill)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:56:52 -0600 (MDT)

> http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers)

Took a look here, thanks for the information.  I will have to wait
until Tuesday to really review this, I'm going on a four day
vacation.

Again, thanks.

> It's at ftp::/israel,nysernet.org/ftpd

Will look here also.  I assume that you really meant
"israel.nysernet.org" and the comma is a typo.

Bill

---

From: "William L. Larson (Bill)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 10:00:15 -0600 (MDT)

I feel like a idiot, I haven't had my morning coffee quota yet.  I
meant to only reply to the original sender, but I believe that I
screwed up and sent my reply to the list, sorry.

Anyway, to make a VERY public statement, THANKS!  It's nice to know
that there are good people out there.  I wish that I were one of them.

Bill Larson

---

From: Warren Burstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 13:25:20 EDT

> "israel.nysernet.org" and the comma is a typo.

Sorry, the comma should be a period.

If anyone else wants to use this (or another solution, I don't care)
let's get together and make it an official part of wuftpd.