Subject: WU-FTPD group problems

From: [email-masked] (David L. Thompson)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 11:43:58 -0600

I'm new to this group mainly because I'm having group problems with our
wu-ftpd.  We're running it on a RS6000 with AIX 3.2.5 and here is the
problem:

When logging in as an authorized user, the group permissions are ignored.
Only the world permissions and owner permissions are used.  Do I happen to
have something misconfigured?  Another interesting problem is when I do a
SITE GROUPS all I get returned is:
214-Group membership is:
214

Any help would be appreciated.

David

******************************************************************************
David L. Thompson                       e-mail:[email-masked]
3650 Hwy 200 E. Box 10                  University of Montana/CS Department
Missoula, MT  59802                     Missoula, MT  59812
Home Phone : (406)543-8530              Work Phone : (406)243-4810
******************************************************************************

---

From: Bill Pemberton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 14:06:57 -0400 (EDT)

David L. Thompson writes:
> have something misconfigured? 

No, wu-ftpd is broken in the way it handles groups for AIX.  I've got a
patch to fix it:

tigger.itc.virginia.edu:/pub/AIX/wu-ftpd.diffs.txt.gz

-- 
Bill Pemberton                           [email-masked]
ITC/Unix Systems                         [email-masked]
University of Virginia                   uunet!virginia!wfp5p