Subject: ls -ls nok !

From: Fernand Jacinto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:22:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

i installed the FTP server Version wu-2.4(2) on SUNOS 4.1.3 . I have a 
question with the result of the commande `ls -ls` under a anonymous access :

 why can't i see the result of the commande `ls -ls` on a ~pub directory ?
 But the result of the commande `ls` is ok !

Thank you in advance for your help.

________________________________________________________________________
 
 Fernand Jacinto                                          |             |
                                                          |    /        |
 Laboratoires d'Electronique Philips                      |   /   ___/  |
 22 avenue Descartes, 94453 Limeil-Brevannes, France.     |  /   /      |
 Phone : (33 1) 45106939 (switchboard : (33 1) 45106700)  | ___  __/    |
 Fax   : (33 1) 45106872                                  |     /       |
 E-mail Internet : [email-masked]                 |   ___  __  /|
 E-mail SERI/MPN : jacinto@frlepsn                        |       /   / |
                                                          |       ___/  |
                                                          |      /      |
_________________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Ma Bell)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 14:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

>  But the result of the commande `ls` is ok !

If you only have some of the following, weird stuff like that will happen.

/dev/zero (use mknod to create this)
/usr/lib/ld.so         
/usr/lib/libc.so.1.8   
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0