Subject: Still no luck with on-the-fly comp/decomp

From: Marc Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 14:04:13 -0700 (PDT)

On the advice of a member of the list, I've checked all my binaries, 
libraries, permissions, and even recompiled.  My ftpconversions file 
seems to be OK, I've enabled conversions in ftpaccess, and yet, I still 
get errors like the following (while trying to compress the file 
s_mt-oly.gif on the fly):

ftp> binary 200 Type set to I.
ftp> get s_mt-oly.gif.Z 200 PORT command successful.  550
s_mt-oly.gif.Z: No such file OR directory. 
ftp>

Does anyone have any new ideas?

marc
-----------
[email-masked]

---

From: Steve Kaczkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 16:31:35 -0500

> > binary 200 Type set to I.

Ditto!

Same EXACT problem! I'm running Wu-FTPD 2.4 that came PREinstalled on a Linux box (Slakware distribution). So in fact I really NEVER had
to set anything up, just a bit of tweaking with the ftpaccess file.

Thanks in advance!

---
Steve Kaczkowski	Internet Connect
Chief Network Engineer	   (414)476-ICON
[email-masked]		FAX(414)476-2403
NeXT Mail Welcome!

http://www.inc.net