Subject: Re: Hung sessions on Solaris 2.x

From: Keith Pilotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 08:33:49 -0700

I apologize and stand corrected.

What I should have said is:  using syntax like "-t NNN" instead of the
documented "-tNNN" will cause the server to assign a timeout of zero,
effectively turning off idle timeouts.

The patch I forwarded previously is useful only if you wanted to change
the command-line syntax to accept "-t NNN" *instead* of the default.

Note that the patch does not make the corresponding changes to the
documentation {;-).

+Keith

  > Your fix looks like you're changing the syntax of the arguments from
  > "-txxx" to "-t xxx", which is not how it's documented in the manpage.
  > 
  > I suspect that the original complainer was trying to use "-t xxx" and
  > not realizing that it had to be all one token.  Have you tried the stock
  > one with "-txxx" to see if the timeout is set properly?
  > 
  > [The platform I could test this on myself is currently doing something
  > else non-interruptible, so I can't try it at the moment...]
  > 
  > _H*