Subject: Hanging ftps

From: Mitch Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:56:28 -0700

I've noticed that we've had an increased number of ftp connections that
linger around forever, eventually becoming <defunct>, still taking up a
slot in the ftpusers list.  My gut feeling based on the output from ftpwho
is that some web browsers and other ftp clients are using PASV and are
not connecting like they should.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem, and more importantly, does anyone
have a fix?  This occurs under wu-ftpd version 2.4.

do svidaniya,

  ~mitch

---

From: Michael Neef <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 13:42:50 +0200

Hi,

we have the same problem here (wu-ftpd 2.4, Solaris 1.1/SunOS 4.1.3). It  
started about half a year ago.

Please send a summary to the wu-ftpd list if you find a solution. Thank you.
--
Good luck, -Micha Neef-
EMail: [email-masked]