Subject: xferlog

From: Simon-Bernard Drolet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 12:37:04 -0400

Hi,

I've setup wu-ftp on a Sparc20 running Solaris 2.4. 

I'm starting wu-ftp with the -l -t600 option on the command line.

In the ftpaccess file, I would like to active logging of all
transfer. So I put the following line in that file:

log    transfer        anonymous       inbound,outbound

But the file xferlog is always 0 butes!

Here's the protection xferlog

-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root           0 Jun 15 09:12 xferlog

What is the problem ?

I also configured a incoming directory and I would like to use
the path-filter option to refused upload of file with weird character
like starting with a . or .. 
So in the ftpaccess file, I did defined the following :

path-filter    anon            /etc/msg.filter ^[-A-Za-z0-9\.\_]*$     ^\.^\-^\_

But it doesn't do what I want (prevent upload of file starting with . - _

Again, what is wrong ?

Thanks's a lot!
--
Simon-Bernard Drolet                E-mail: [email-masked]
Administrateur de systemes Unix     Tel:    (819) 564-5600 ext.4819
Centre Canadien de Geomatique       Fax:    (819) 564-5698
"I'm Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated..."

---

From: Edward Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 13:12:27 -0500 (CDT)

I've recently installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on our Alphabox running OSF/1 3.2.

I have doubdle checked the installation and am using the basic ftpaccess 
file handed out in the distribution (with banner and email options added).

Anonymous ftp works fine, but users keep getting "Login failure" when 
they use their personal account names and passwords. I cannot find any 
reference to this problem in the program install instructions nor 
"Managing Internet Information Services".

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ed

   ----------------------------------------------------------------
			    Edward Murphy
	  [email-masked] * http://www.uno.edu/~emurphy

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 95 23:24:50 MET DST

> log    transfer        anonymous       inbound,outbound

I have

log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound
            ^

> -rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root           0 Jun 15 09:12 xferlog

Make that

-rw-------  root root

or

-rw-r--r-- root root

> path-filter    anon            /etc/msg.filter ^[-A-Za-z0-9\.\_]*$     ^\.^\-^\_

I have

path-filter anonymous /etc/paths.msg ^[-A-Za-z0-9\._]*$ ^\. ^-
               ^^^^^^

Looks like some misspellings to me.

                                    Grtz. KH

-- 
  Koos van den Hout,           Internetter, Unix freak and BBS SysOp at large
  [email-masked] (Home)        BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-3402-36637 28k8)
  [email-masked] (Work)  <-- finger for PGPkey       (+31-3402-56619 14k4)
  http://www.hvu.nl/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  GCS d- p(-) c++(+++) l+ u+++ e++ m+(-) s+/- !n h f+ g+ w(++) t+ r !y(*)