Subject: SCO Compile help

From: Chris Seiders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 13:07:08 -0400

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to compile the wu-2.4 archive on
SCO Unix version 3.2?  

I'm not a C expert (but I play one on TV), and can't handle much
beyond a "build" or "make" command.  I've successfully compiled this on OSF
(because their was a "build osf" option), and have tried compiling on
SCO with the "build gen" command, but get many, many errors.  Does
anyone have a build or Makefile for SCO that they could send me?

If anyone would be willing to walk me through the process, I would
be most thankful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Seiders ([email-masked])
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Campbell)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 11:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Can anyone offer me some advice on how to compile the wu-2.4 archive on
You could grab our compiled sources from ftp.celestial.com:

1994/12/20      277,175  /pub/sco-ports/unix/wu-ftpd-2.4.tar.gz

You also need to get the README* files to see how to install stuff
from our system.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [email-masked]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676
URL: http://www.celestial.com/

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a
reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating
the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for
independence.
        -- Charles A. Beard