Subject: ls for anon users

From: "Ephram Cohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:20:12 -0700

shame, egg+face...

I stupidly watched all of those "anon users can't ls" messages go
by and I didn't read them.  Now I seem to have this problem.
Could someone summarize this for me?  I am on an INDY w/ IRIX 5.2.
and ls runs but does not return any listing to the user.

Also, is there an archive site for messages?  I looked at the
listserve-you-are-subscribed-auto-mail thing and there was
no mention of it.

---

From: "Ephram Cohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:37:09 -0700

oops forgot my .sig

We must prevent those commies from compromising the integrity
of our precious bodily fluids.      -Gen. Jack D. Ripper

Ephram Cohen                       [email-masked]

---

From: Navid Atoofi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 13:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

> listserve-you-are-subscribed-auto-mail thing and there was
from my wu-ftp archive:
------------------------

>> I have had problems with ls on 5.2 too. I changed the ls from 5.2 to 
an older
>> ( and bigger) IRIX ls Version (4.05 or 5.1.1 ?) - after this 
everything works.

>> Hope that helps, Mischa
--
 *======================================================================*
|| Mischa Reinhardt   <http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/mischa.html> ||
 *======================================================================*

------------------------
NA

---

From: [email-masked] (Winfried Magerl)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 19:24:17 +0200 (MDT)

> and ls runs but does not return any listing to the user.

Maybe you read the man-page from ftpd on the SGI. I think the only thing
I had to add was a softlink from ~/lib to ~/usr/lib. The linker only
searches /usr/lib, not /lib.

regards

	winfried

-- 
Winfried Magerl - Internet Administration
Siemens Nixdorf AG, GP QM/S IF, 81739 Munich, Germany
Internet-Mail: [email-masked]