Subject: How to disable wuftpd verifying hostname?

From: Yanming PENG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 95 21:41:25 WETDST

Without a /etc/ftphost, most people with name server can access my ftp site
via anonymous ftp. One of my friend lost (partially?) name server and fail to
access my ftp site. I got many error messages on my syslog file:
wu.ftpd[13541]: warning: can't verify hostname: gethostbyname(port2.hargray.com) failed
wu.ftpd[13541]: refused connect from 166.82.145.2
I think "hargray" is some kind of internet provider.
Under nslookup, my name server can't find the ip address of port2.hargray.com.
but it can find port2.hargray.com if I give it 166.82.145.2. Name server
problem?

As a workaround, I put his address and IP in my name server and then he
is able to access my ftp site. Any better solution?

If I put a line in /etc/ftphosts:
allow * *
It became worse, some hosts which are in my name server are refused for
anonymous ftp after typing ftp at login prompt.

Thanks!

--
Yanming PENG