Subject: Re: problem with ls under IRIX 5.3

From: [email-masked] (Mischa Reinhardt)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 10:41:10 +0200 (MESZ)

>Here's my problem:
>
>Local logins (ftp 0) by regular users can't get a listing of files with
>either ls or dir. If I ftp in remotely, regular users can get a listing 
>with ls, but can't get a long listing with dir.
>
>Anonymous logins are no problem though, the long listings appear fine.
>
>Anyone know what I'm missing? Perhaps it has to do with the
>~ftp/etc/passwd or group files? 
>
>thanks in advance...
>
>--
>wallace winfrey			
>[email-masked]

I have had some funny problems with ls, ftp and IRIX5.2. I have found that
there are no problems if i change the IRIX5.2 ls to the old IRIX4.05 ls,
it seems to be an other bigger version.

Mischa 

-- 
 *======================================================================*
|| Mischa Reinhardt   <http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/mischa.html> ||
 *======================================================================*