Subject: dir problems

From: Marcel Schlapfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 09:47:45 -0700

I have wu-ftpd-2.4 installed on a Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.4, but I can't 
seem to get "dir" to work at all.  I have even statically compiled the gnu 
version of ls and put this in ~ftp/bin.  ls works fine, but I get nothing from 
dir.  
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Marcel

ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
bin
etc
pub
dev
usr
hosts
226 Transfer complete.
32 bytes received in 0.0075 seconds (4.2 Kbytes/s)

---

From: Abel Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 14:10:44 -0600

>150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

	I had a similar problem, but I was intalling on Solaris 2.3. The 
	problem turned out to be the Solaris documentation had a typo when
	specifying which shared libraries to copy into the ~ftp/lib directory.
	The library it was specifying didn't exist, but there was a library
	in /lib that came close to matching the name except for two transposed
	characters. Anyways once I copied in the slightly different library
	in place everything worked fine. Again, this was on version 2.3, Solaris
	2.4 could have come it with that typo fixed.

	Hope this helps.

	Abel Sanchez
	[email-masked]
	"Possibly the most complex man in America"

---

From: David Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 13:41:19 -0700 (PDT)

Did you make a *zero* device  in the /ftp/dev device directory?

David Zhang
AIMNet Corp.

---

From: Steve Kaczkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 95 15:41:38 -0500

Hello all,

I have a small FTP site running 2.4 on Linux. Running very WELL  
(IMHO). The question I have is what is the BEST way to start  
mirroring faculities between 2 or more sites?

Is there scripts that handle that sort of thing, or do you run  
CRONTABS? I've been checking around and so far haven't found ANY
info concerning this.. Thanks in advance....

---
Steve Kaczkowski	Internet Connect
Chief Network Engineer	   (414)476-ICON
[email-masked]		FAX(414)476-2403
NeXT Mail Welcome!

http://www.inc.net