Subject: Flaky dir command

From: Marcel Schlapfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 08:21:51 -0700

The dir command works probably 8 out of 10 times for anonymous ftp users.  
Most of the time it gives the correct directory listing, but occasionally it 
gives no output as if it was an empty directory.  Anyone seen anything like 
this before or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Marcel Schlapfer
[email-masked]

ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
total 8
dr-xr-x--x  2 0        0             512 Jun  2 21:20 bin
drwxr-xr-x  9 0        1            2048 Jan 22 04:52 cdrom
dr-xr-x--x  3 0        0             512 Mar  4 05:23 dev
dr-xr-x--x  2 0        0             512 Jun  2 23:18 etc
-rw-rw-r--  1 8        20            142 Jun 13 18:00 hosts
-rw-rw-r--  1 8        20              0 Jun 13 18:06 library.dcl
drwxr-xr-x  8 0        0             512 Mar 21 00:53 pub
dr-xr-x--x  4 0        0             512 Feb 23  1991 usr
226 Transfer complete.
493 bytes received in 0.2 seconds (2.4 Kbytes/s)
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> cd ..