Subject: need help with wu-ftp (latest version)

From: "Terry J. Klarich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 1995 02:21:30 -0500

I have wu-ftpd compiled and almost working on my rs6000.  The rs6000 is
running AIX 3.2.5.

The trouble is that I am unable to access directories which don't have
world permissions.  The directory is 750.  And, I am in the group which
ownes the directory.  However, this group is not my prymary.  The
message I get back is that the directory does not exist.  The number is
550.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.  And, please email directly to me
or Cc: me a copy.  I have just subscribed to the wu-ftpd mailing list.

THanks
Terry Klarich (ki5zw)
Systems Analyst
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater Oklahoma
A man is not complete until he is married; then, he is finished.

---

From: Bill Pemberton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 11:26:05 -0400 (EDT)

> message I get back is that the directory does not exist.  The number is

wu-ftpd has a few problems setting the groups under AIX.  You can get the
file tigger.itc.virginia.edu:/pub/AIX/wu-ftpd.diffs.txt.gz to see how I
fixed things up.

-- 
Bill Pemberton                           [email-masked]
ITC/Unix Systems                         [email-masked]
University of Virginia                   uunet!virginia!wfp5p