Subject: Can't create data socket problem

From: [email-masked] (Charles L. Hutson)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 15:36:06 EDT

I'm trying to set up wu-ftpd on a Solaris 2.4 system.  Things
seem to work fine when logged in as a regular user.  Whenever
I try to log in as anonymous or guest, I get in fine also.
However, whenever I try to "get" a file I get the following
error:
ftp> get Filter
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Also, whenever I do an "ls" command, I get the same problem.
I've heard that this is because my ls command has not been
statically linked.  Does this somehow contribute to the error
I get when I do the "get" command.  Thanks in advance for
any help.

clh
    _______________________________________  
   / ____  _____ _____                     \   Charles L. Hutson, [email-masked]
  / ____//  //  // ___  Technical Services  \  Systems Engineer
 / //      //  //___//       Division       /\ Piedmont Technology Group
/__________________________________________/ / Phone 704.523.2400
\__________________________________________\/  Fax   704.523.7764

---

From: [email-masked] (Kelly Setzer)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 16:33:37 -0500 (CDT)

> 425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Make the 'tcp' device and the 'zero' device in ~ftp/dev

Kelly