Subject: wu-ftpd 2.4 compilation problems.

From: Paul McIntire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 20:40:54 -0500 (EST)

Greetings: 

I am seeking assistance in the compilation of wu-ftpd2.4 for my 
linux system, version 1.2.8, using gcc 2.6.3.  The problem I am having 
occurs in the compile of ftpcmd.y as follows: 

----------------------------
ftpcmd.y: In function `yyparse':
ftpcmd.y:371: `cmdtab' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpcmd.y:371: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpcmd.y:371: for each function it appears in.)
ftpcmd.y:383: `sitetab' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpcmd.y: At top level:
ftpcmd.y:885: `cmdtab' used prior to declaration
ftpcmd.y:936: `sitetab' used prior to declaration
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: type mismatch with previous external decl
ftpcmd.y:683: warning: previous external decl of `print_groups'
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
ftpcmd.y:683: warning: previous implicit declaration of `print_groups'
ftpcmd.y:1520: warning: `print_groups' was previously implicitly declared to return `int'
make: *** [ftpcmd.o] Error 1
-----------------------------

I have read in the INSTALL file that I might require libc4.3.3, but 
I don't seem to have that file on my system.  Is this the problem?
If so, where can I get that file?  

I would appreciate greatly any suggestions.  I've recently installed
shadow on my system, and ftpd is broken until I can fix this. 

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
|o| Paul.T McIntire                [email-masked]   |o|
---------------------------------------------------------------