Subject: MKDIR within /incoming

From: Bryan Holloway <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 15:17:29 -0500 (CDT)

I have set up /etc/ftpaccess to allow certain users to have their own 
incoming directory, as well as allowing anonymous ftpers to create 
subdirectories and place various documents within.  A typical entry in 
/etc/ftpaccess looks like

upload  /home/users/ftp /pub/incoming/thisuser/*    yes     thisuser   
              anon    0600 dirs

There are no tabs in my file.

Things mostly work.  However, any subdirectories created by an anonymous 
user look like 

drwxrwxr-x   2 ftp  anon  1024 Jun 26 13:47 ~ftp/pub/incoming/thisuser/newdir/

and files within look like

-rw-------   1 thisuser anon   1303 Jun 26 10:47 
                ~ftp/pub/incoming/thisuser/newdir/brain.html.txt

which is fine, except that thisuser doesn't have permission to delete the 
file since the DIRECTORY is owned by ftp.anon.

So, the question is: what governs the permissions on MKDIR, and how do I 
change it so that perhaps it creates permissions like drwxrwxrwt instead 
of the one above?

Thanks muchly...

					- bryan

Bryan Holloway                       | [email-masked]
 Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.   |  Ph. (217) 351-7921
  P.O. Box 5039 Station A              |  Fax (217) 351-7922
   Champaign, IL  61820                 |   Homey don play dat.