Subject: need help

From: "Terry J. Klarich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 1995 16:47:42 -0500

Hello all:

I am still working on getting wu-ftpd up on my rs6000 machine.  We are
running aix 3.5.2.

First of all, I can't get the dir command to work for anonymous users.
Nothing is returned when this command is issued.  FOr real users, it
works.  I am sure it is something I haven't setup correctly;
but, I don't know what it could be.

Secondly, I am having problems with group only access for directories.
My account has the primary group of staff and is included in the mesonet
group.  Now, directories which are 750 and are group owned by the
mesonet group can be accessed by the shell or the ftpd which came
with aix.  However, with wuftpd, I get 2 responces.  If I give the full
path to the directory '/usr/cwis/ftp/mesonet/mesoarchive' I recieve
"Permission denied".  If, on the other hand, I just first cd into the
'/usr/cwis/ftp/mesonet' directory and then do a 'cd mesoarchive', I get
"No such file or directory".  If I add world read/search permissions to
the mesoarchive directory, it starts working.  again, I am not sure this
is an wu-ftpd problem.  I have examined the code and it just calls
chdir().  I can't see how that could be messed up.

Any suggestions or answers would be welcome.  Does anyone have wu-ftpd
running on an aix machine to their satisfaction?

Thanks 
Terry Klarich (ki5zw)
Systems Analyst
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater Oklahoma
A man is not complete until he is married; then, he is finished.