Subject: OSF/1 C2 support?

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Draskoy)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:06:47 -0230 (NDT)

My apologies if this is a FAQ - it's not in the documentation (or the code)
anywhere, and I've just joined the list.  I want to get wu-archive ftpd
running under OSF/1 C2 security.  Before I do the necessary porting, I just
wanted to know if anyone else has already done it.  Please drop me a line if
you have...

Andrew Draskoy
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Draskoy)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 14:49:51 -0230 (NDT)

Well, I'll answer my own question for the record, since I didn't hear back.
It turns out that the code is mostly there, under the "SecureWare" define
in ftpd.c.  So to make it work under OSF with C2, just add this somewhere
near the top of ftpd.c:

#ifdef MUN      /* added by [email-masked] 95.06.27 */
#ifdef OSF_C2
#include <sys/security.h>
#include <prot.h>
#define SecureWare
#endif /* OSF_C2 */
#endif /* MUN */

and in the Makefile add

-DMUN -DOSF_C2 to CFLAGS,
and -lsecurity to the link line for ftpd.

Caveat: I haven't extensively tested this yet.

Andrew Draskoy