Subject: RE: Are 2 DAEMONs too much?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 95 09:30:37 PDT

Are you sure you're not running the original SCO ftpd?  Check the ordering 
on your path and see if you might be fetching the old ftpd first.  The 
actual name of the program should be unimportant.

---------------
Michael Brennen                    Intecom, Inc.
[email-masked]               5057 Keller Springs
(214) 447-8074                     Dallas,  TX  75248

On Thu, 08 Jun 95 18:11:54 CST  [email-masked] wrote:
>     We were handling ftp on a SCO UNIX platform using the SCO UNIX ftpd.  
>     When I tried to run WU-FTPD simultaneously ( giving the WU-FTPD a 
>     different name in etc/services and etc/inetd.cnf), WU-FTPD  says 
>     "service not available".  
>     
>     But when I run WU-FTPD by itself under the name ftpd, it works.  
>     Are 2 daemons too much or does it not like the name I gave it 
>     (wuftpd).

---

From: David Dombek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 10:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

Where is the FAQ for WU-FTP?