Subject: DIR Problems

From: Marcel Schlapfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:23:20 -0700

I am still having problems getting DIR to work for anonymous users.  I have 
wu-ftpd-2.4 installed on a Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.4.  I have a statically 
compiled version of ls in ~ftp/bin AND all the necessary libraries in 
~ftp/usr/lib - even though I shouldn't need these.  I also have zero and tcp 
in ~ftp/dev.

dir works for real usrs, and just plain ls works for real and anonymous users. 
 Everything else seems to work fine for both as well.  I just can't get dir to 
work for anonymous users! 

As far as I can tell and from what I've seen in the documentation, things 
should work - BUT they don't! Anyone have any advice? ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Marcel Schlapfer
[email-masked]

---

From: "Steven W. Litras" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:30:09 -0700

Do you have udp and ticotsord devices ~ftp/dev? They are required for 2.4...

Good Luck.
Steve
In message <[email-masked]>  writes:
::I am still having problems getting DIR to work for anonymous users.  I have 
::wu-ftpd-2.4 installed on a Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.4.  I have a statically
:: 
::compiled version of ls in ~ftp/bin AND all the necessary libraries in 
::~ftp/usr/lib - even though I shouldn't need these.  I also have zero and tcp 
::in ~ftp/dev.
::
::dir works for real usrs, and just plain ls works for real and anonymous users
::. 
:: Everything else seems to work fine for both as well.  I just can't get dir t
::o 
::work for anonymous users! 
::
::As far as I can tell and from what I've seen in the documentation, things 
::should work - BUT they don't! Anyone have any advice? ideas?
::
::Thanks in advance,
::Marcel Schlapfer
::[email-masked]
::
::