Subject: Question about config updating

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 1995 09:47:35 cdt

I am running wu-ftpd-2.4 on a i486 BSDI machine and have no major
problems. I would like help with the two minor ones:

I am making minor changes to the ftpaccess file, but wu-ftp (being
called from inetd) doesn't seem to be acting differently. For testing
purposes, I modified a line to read:
   
    upload  /usr/var/ftpdir  /incoming     yes     ftp    user  0777
dirs

but files uploaded into ~ftp/incoming did not have the correct
permissions mode. Do I have to restart inetd when I make changes to the
ftpaccess file? I didnt think that I would. Have anybody else
experienced this?

Also, I am somewhat new to working with an ftp daemon. I would like to
set it up so anonymous users can make directories
(~ftp/incoming/dirname) and put files there, but can't read the files.
This is so other anonymous ftp users can't see files/directories put
there by other anonymous users. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot,
Jason
---
Solid Concepts, Inc. [email-masked]
(805) 257-9300 voice  (805) 257-9311 fax