Subject: Re: ftpd configuration

From: [email-masked] (Info Account)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

> The end result I want is to have a user, kha, login with password but be 
> limited to certain directories, much like anonymous.  But from what I've 
> read so far, it looks as if this is only possible for anon and guest?

This is exactly what I want to do too..  I want to specify a starting
location, but not let them access files above that directory, or cd out of it,
etc.

Any way to do this?

Mark

---

From: Ed Jankovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:13:11 -0700 (MST)

Hello, I'm very new to configuring this daemon and have some 
questions/problems.

Which brings me to another problem.  When I set up the anonymous user, with a
locked in directory, it signs in ok, but once I try to do an ls, I get

"200 PORT command successful. 
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number."

What am I missing?

Thanks

+=- .                                                    . .. -=*
|                                                               |
. Ed Jankovsky                                  [email-masked]   .
  Arizona Department of Transportation    [email-masked]                
. Freeway Management System                                     
|                                                               .
+=- .. .                                                     . -+