Subject: Update on users can't ftp to their account

From: Terry Asher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 13:38:09 -0500 (CDT)

I've had one answer, but that wasn't correct.  It was suggested
that I look at the /etc/shells file to make sure that they were using
a shell that I had defined.  I used my own account with tcsh enabled
and I still couldn't get pass the password prompt with the correct password.
I should have said that I am on Ultrix 4.2A and am using the ftp file
that Digital sent with the operating system.  It is dated Mar 19, 1991
and has 167,936 bytes in the executable file.  Also, the ftpd file that
Digital sent works fine with ftp'ing to a user's account and gladly
accepts their telnet password.  Is the problem with the ftpaccess file?
	Hopelessly mired,
	Terry Asher
*******************************************************************************
*  UNIX Administrator                | Yours through INTERNET,                *
*  Dial Center for Computer Sciences | Terry Asher  <[email-masked]>  *
*  Academic Computing Services       | UNIX-INTERNET<[email-masked]> *
*  Drake University                  |                                        *
*  2407 Carpenter                    |For the listener who listens in the snow*
*  Des Moines, Iowa  50311  USA      |and nothing himself, beholds the nothing*
*  (515) 271-3677                    |that is not there and that is there.    *
*       Web home page at http://www.drake.edu/public/ta2321s_home.html        *
*******************************************************************************