Subject: ftp filename case conversions

From: Manfred Humphries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 1995 17:03:15 -0300

I am trying to use Microsoft's MSFTP client to upload files under script   
control - works like a charm, except that either MSFTP or WU-FTPD changes 
the case of the filename from lower case on the client to UPPERCASE on   
the server.  This is causing me some real headaches.  Do you have any   
ideas about configuring FTPD to prevent this?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 95 08:34:17 pst

This is a problem with Microsoft's FTP. It will do this when uploading 
     files to any FTP server. While I have run into the problem before, I 
     haven't taken the time to see if Microsoft's FTP can be configured to 
     not do this.
     
     Steven Nemetz                       [email-masked]
     Lotus Development Corporation       http://www.lotus.com

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: ftp filename case conversions
Author:  [email-masked] at internet-mail
Date:    5/1/95 3:39 PM