Subject: wu-ftp server immediately dies

From: "David Mostardi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 17:27:43 -0700

I am running wu-ftp on an HP9000/380 running HP-UX 9.03.
Whenever I start the server, it immediately dies with
this error:

   220 wave FTP server (Version wu-2.4(1) Wed Apr 19 13:11:10 PDT 1995) ready.
   221 Server shutting down.  Goodbye.

It seems to me that the server is dying too soon for
a configuration problem: perhaps a compile problem?

Thank you,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
David Mostardi                              Email: [email-masked]
Systems Administrator                       Phone: (408) 647-3734
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute      FAX: (408) 649-8587
160 Central Ave., Pacific Grove CA 93950

     Q. Why do bagpipers walk while they play?
     A. To get away from the noise.

---

From: Peter Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 95 17:42:48 PDT

Hey Dave,

Makes you want to pull your hair out doesn't it?

You probably shut the server down using shutdown, now you can't start
it again.  Correct?

There is a shudown file called shutmsg or something like that.  Look 
in the include file to find out where it's being kept.  ftp/etc ?

Anyway, edit the shutmsg file to at date long after the current date.

Maybe there's a better way but that's what I've done.

This is from memory, I don't have the server running right now.

Pete

--
EDS - C4 Technology West
Bellevue, Washington
[email-masked]