Subject: SCO Open Server Porting has begun...

From: "Paul A. Fischer, Sr UNIX Sys Consultant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 9:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I am porting 2.4 to SCO's latest OS, Open Server 5.0.  This OS has a 
very different compiler system than the old OS, and I have run into 
some problems.  First off things like bigcrypt and realpath are 
already defined.  Also, the support/sco.c file has a syntax error in 
it.  I was able to muck around in the code to make it compile, but I 
haven't tested it yet.  I wanted to get my changes rolled into the 
current release so others would not have to go through this.

Here is the fix for support/sco.c and the first error from the 
compilation of ftpd.c

# ./build sco
make args are :
make opts are :

Linking Makefiles.

Making support library.
        cc -O   -c getusershell.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
        cc -O   -c fnmatch.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
        cc -O   -c strcasestr.c
"strcasestr.c", line 35: warning: Function illegally defined in hosted 
mode: str
str
        cc -O   -c strsep.c
        cc -O   -c authuser.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
"/usr/include/arpa/inet.h", line 48: warning: dubious tag declaration: 
struct in
_addr
"/usr/include/arpa/inet.h", line 49: warning: dubious tag declaration: 
struct in
_addr
        cc -O   -c ftw.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
        cc -O   -c sco.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
"sco.c", line 143: error: Syntax error before or at: while
"sco.c", line 689: warning: type does not match prototype: uname
"sco.c", line 689: warning: type does not match prototype: agroup
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

At line number 141 the a call exists that reads like such:

va_end(ap)

It should read

va_end(ap);

That will let sco.c compile.

Making support library.
        cc -O   -c sco.c
"./../src/config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot 
be undefin
ed
"sco.c", line 689: warning: type does not match prototype: uname
"sco.c", line 689: warning: type does not match prototype: agroup
        rm -f libsupport.a
        ar clq libsupport.a getusershell.o fnmatch.o strcasestr.o 
strsep.o  auth
user.o ftw.o sco.o
        /bin/true libsupport.a

Making ftpd.
        cc -O -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
"./config.h", line 41: warning: ANSI C predefined macro cannot be 
undefined
"ftpd.c", line 133: error: identifier redeclared: bigcrypt
"ftpd.c", line 143: error: identifier redeclared: realpath
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

At this point I did some stuff to comment out the realpath stuff and 
the bigcrypt stuff.  I would rather someone gave me some changes that 
could be integrated into the codebase so that everything would work 
properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Independent UNIX support and service provider in the D.C. metro area.
SCO, UnixWare, NetWare, Voice Systems, Security, & Consulting.   
Paul A. Fischer           | Open Age Inc.  | [email-masked]
Sr. UNIX Sys. Consultant  | (301) 948-6422 | (301) 948-9644 Fax