Subject: installing wuftpd

From: "Jason A. Dour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 17:31:40 -0500 (EDT)

Hello, I'm a member of the Unix Technical Support team here at the
University of Louisville.  We are trying to jump start an FTP server now
that a machine has become available for FTP use.  I've compiled to software
and done a 'build install,' as well as perused every document I can lay my 
hands on, yet I am still at a loss when configuring the server.
Documentation seems to be non-existent.  I want to use the extended
capabilities of this server, but am at a loss when trying to set it up.
I desperately need help with the settings in the configuration files, along
with a better description of file and directory locations and what
protections are needed, et cetera.

I would me much appreciative of any person who could start either a phone
or email communication with me to get this server started ASAP.  It has
become a priority for our goals at the university, and we are on a fast
track to nowhere at this moment...a situation I wish to remedy.  If more
extensive documentation exists, could someone please point me in the right
direction...

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Jason

+- Jason A. Dour ----------------------------------- Dark Father Amadeus -+
|----------- jadour01@[homer|ftp|ulkyvx|ulkyvm].louisville.edu -----------|
|--------- Home Page : http://www.louisville.edu/~jadour01/     ----------|
+--------- PJ Harvey : http://www.louisville.edu/~jadour01/pjh/ ----------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Wolfe)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 08:15:17 -0500 (CDT)

[ Jason A. Dour writes: ]
> If more

Read the ftpaccess man page (in wu-ftpd package). Read the native ftpd
man page for your system. Detail what you have set up thus far and we'll
go from there.

-- 
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598