Subject: Re: Problem under solaris 2.4

From: Dan Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 May 95 8:25:13 EDT

I've tried posting this problem to the [email-masked] list before but 
with no luck.  The problem you are seeing is due to a client using PASV, but 
aborting before actually making the connection to the server.  You can 
replicate the problem my:
 telnet server 21
 user anonymous
 pass dan@
 pasv
 list
and then do a ^]q to abort the telnet session.  Use the data returned from the 
server for the PASV command to find an open socket on the server in the LISTEN 
state.

The bug is in ftpd.c at the "accept()" call.  "accept()" will wait forever for 
a connection.

I've tried to post a patch to ftpd.c to this list, but with no success (to 
date).  If folks like, I could post the "diff" file on my anonymous ftp server 
here at Seagate.

Let me know.

Dan Thorson
[email-masked] [email-masked]