Subject: Re: unsubscibe

From: Dan Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 May 95 13:32:07 EDT

For all of you who deleted the auto-reply when you subscribed, here it is.  
Note the last few lines re: unsubscribing:

dct

forwarded msg.......................................
Welcome to WU-FTPD!

  The purpose of this list is to discuss configuration of, enhancements
to, or problems with the wuarchive ftpd.
 
  There is also an wuarchive ftpd announcement list.  You may subscribe
to this list by sending a mail message with a body of 
    SUBSCRIBE WU-FTPD-ANNOUNCE <your full name>
to the list server ([email-masked]).

Please save this message for future reference.

=============================================================================
The following information was generated by the LISTproc server:

Welcome to list WU-FTPD ([email-masked]).
The system has recorded your address as

   [email-masked]

and it is required that you send your postings from that address, unless
the list does not require subscription for posting.

For help with any of the lists on mail.wustl.edu, please contact

   [email-masked]

For help with this list, send mail to

   [email-masked]

Please do not send requests to this list; instead direct them to:

   [email-masked]

The system has assigned you an initial password: 799424995
You may change it by sending the following request to
[email-masked]:

  set WU-FTPD password 799424995 <new-password>

WARNING: You should NOT use your login password as this is not a secure
mechanism.

This password is to be used when connecting to this server over Internet
for interactive processing of requests (send a 'help live' request for more
information)

To get more information on how to use this service, please send the command
HELP in a line by itself in a mail message to [email-masked].

To signoff from the list, email to [email-masked] with the
following request:

  signoff WU-FTPD
or
  unsubscribe WU-FTPD