Subject: wu-ftpd on Linux

From: Brian Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 18:05:15 -47900

I have the wu-ftpd 2.4 distribution from sunsite for Linux.  I have 
applied the Linux patches that are located with the distribution.  
Following some things I read here, I set up -DSHADOW_PASSWORD and 
-lshadow .  I also removed a definition from config.h for mode_t (or 
similar) since it seemed to conflict with something somewhere else.  I 
then had to manually make vers.o, since it wasn't doing that.  At this 
point, it seems to successfully compile everything except ftpd, where 
there are numberous errors on arg 2 of __bsd_signal, etc.  Any ideas?  Is 
there a better assembled distribution out there?

------------ Brian  Curnow ---------

---

From: CQ CQ de Jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 12:27:57 +0800 (WST)

> there a better assembled distribution out there?

	Try NCTUCCCA.edu.tw:
	/Operating-Systems/Linux/collect/source/network/wuftpd-2.4.tgz

	Jason Chang

---

From: Steve Blass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 13:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

It exists as part of the slackware distribution and seems to work just fine.
It would be found on one of the n? disks.
--