Subject: 'chmod' capability

From: [email-masked] (Dennis O'Neill)
Date: Tue, 09 May 1995 13:39:52 -0500 (CDT)

I have been running Version wu-2.4 for about a year with good results.
Recently we have found a need to allow 'real' users the ability to
change permissions on a file. Up to that point we had been running with

chmod           no      guest,anonymous    # chmod permission?

in ftpaccess. According tot he docs, this should have let 'real' users
to do the chmod. However, regardless of whether I trust the default, or
add 

chmod           yes     real

to ftpaccess, we still get

ftp> chmod 0700 foo
?Invalid command
ftp>

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Thanks,

Dennis

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Dennis M. O'Neill                  [email-masked]  *
* Schlumberger Geco-Prakla                       (713) 596-6103 (Office) *
* 1325 S. Dairy Ashford                          (713) 596-1885 (FAX)    *
* Houston, TX 77077                                                      *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Wolfe)
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 14:09:47 -0500 (CDT)

[ Dennis O'Neill writes: ]
> Any ideas on what's going on here?

Your ftp *client* doesn't recognize a 'chmod' command. Try 'site chmod
0700 foo'.

-- 
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598