Subject: Help on Sequent/PTX

From: Rob Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 11:16:38 -0400

I am having trouble setting up the ftp server on a Sequent running
dynix/ptx 4.0.2.  Specifically, everything works fine except that guest
accounts can not run "ls".  I have created a static ls binary and all that
jazz but I continue to get the following error:

ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,1099): Bad file number.

The "0.0.0.0" is throwing me, name resolution works fine when a "real" user
logs in but apparantly is fouled up when the user is "chrooted" somewhere.
Am I missing a file(s) in my pseudo root tree.  Guess I should also note
that I am running DNS.

Any help would be appreciated.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//                                                                           //
//              _       _          Computer Systems Manager                  //
//             |_)     |_)         Fort Detrick DOIM                         //
//             | \ ob  | eters     [email-masked]            //
//                                 PHONE: 301-619-2935    FAX: 301-619-2962  //
//                                                                           //
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////