Subject: wu-ftpd-2.4 on OSF/1

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 1995 19:48:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi - I just installed wu-ftpd-2.4 on an OSF/1 machine, and everything is 
working with the exception of number-to-name mapping on "dir" output.
I have a group and passwd file in the right place with the right 
permissions, but it's not working.

VERTEX[182]# ls -ld ~ftp/etc
dr-xr-xr-x   3 ftp      ftp          512 Apr  4 19:30 /fsys4/ftp/etc
VERTEX[183]# ls -ld ~ftp/etc/group ~ftp/etc/passwd
-r--r--r--   1 ftp      ftp          390 Apr  4 19:28 /fsys4/ftp/etc/group
-r--r--r--   1 ftp      ftp          946 Apr  4 18:16 /fsys4/ftp/etc/passwd

I even ran mkpasswd on /fsys4/ftp/etc/passwd but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

--
Murray S. Kucherawy ==========================================================
Software Manager            HookUp Communication Corporation - Ontario, CANADA
E-mail: [email-masked]          NIC Handle "MSK"           (905) 847-8000
            --- "Intel, where quality is job 0.9999992342" ---

---

From: Richard Deal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 08:18:38 -0400

I had the same problem with wuftpd2.4 on OSF/1 where the group and
user ids were showing instead of actual names for a long listing.
You need to copy the COMPLETE /etc/sia directory structure over
to your chrooted anonymous ftp area.  This will fix it.

Richard
[email-masked]