Subject: Problem with wu-ftp 2.4

From: [email-masked] (Andreas Fenner - UNIX-Wizard from PS-ETD4 [+49-711-869-36093])
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 10:17:02 +0200

Hi,

I've a problem with wu-ftp 2.4 - for me it looks like a bug ...

(I hope you can help me)

Problem:
in ftpaccess i have the following upload lines :

upload /home/ftp *              no
upload /home/ftp /pub/tmp       yes     nobody nogroup 0666 dirs

I want to allow uploading of files and directories into my /pub/tmp directory.

But, following happend :
- file-upload to /pub/tmp works fine --> files owned by nobody, group set to nogroup, permission set to -rw-rw-rw-
  e.g.: -rw-rw-rw-  1 nobody   nogroup     78254 Apr  7 11:41 filexyz

- directories inside of /pub/tmp will be created - but owned by ftp, group is set to ftp, permission is set to drwxrwxr-x
  e.g.: drwxrwxr-x  2 ftp      ftp           512 Apr 12 18:07 B

- file-upload to the just created directory failed with message permission denied

- creation of sub-directories will work - but also bad uid/gid/permissions.

What can I do?
Is my configuration bad? Where?
Is it a bug?

Any idea?

Greetings

Andreas Fenner
System Administrator

                                '''
                               (o o)
----------------------+----oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------------------------
                      |
         V            |   Dipl. Ing. Andreas Fenner
 +---------------+    |   Alcatel Business Systems Deutschland GmbH
 | A L C A T E L |    |   Abteilung PS/EAD-1
 +---------------+    |   Motorstrasse 28
  Business Systems    |   70499 Stuttgart
                      |   Germany
Development Computer  +------------------------------------------------------------------ 
      Center          |   Phone  : (49) 711 83972-37993      Fax :  (49) 711 83972-37918
                      +------------------------------------------------------------------
                      |   e-mail : [email-masked]
----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------