Subject: Convert f Soundfileformats on the fly

From: DI Winfried Ritsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 95 12:04:00 +0200

Since we have to distribute a lot of little and large soundfiles between  
many kinds of systems I have to offer them in different formats... so I use  
sox (and if you don't change samplerate or so, it is fast).

Has anyone tried to install sox for on the fly conversions on wu-ftpd so  
that you can offer .au .aiff .aif .wav .sf .snd etc files and storing only  
one file in one format ???

If anyone has a configuration file for this and a static compiled version of  
sox please mail me ?

Has sox be compiled statically, how can I do this. ?

(No format conversion is installed until now on my System, I have a  
Black-NeXT with NeXTSTep 3.3)

---
                             mfg Winfried Ritsch

DI Winfried Ritsch - [email-masked] - NeXTMail is ok
     =================================================
     |      INSTITUT FUER ELEKTRONISCHE MUSIK        |
     |     University of Music and Dramatic Art      |
     | Jakoministrasse 3-5, A-8010 Graz - AUSTRIA    |
     | Tel. ++43-316-389-7211, Fax.++43-316-389-7215 |
     =================================================