Subject: Compiling WU-FTPD 2.4 on Linux

From: [email-masked] (Brian Curnow)
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 1995 16:17:24 -0700

I FTPd the WU-FTPD source distribution from sunsite.unc.edu a couple days 
ago.  When I tried to compile, I got numerous compilation errors.  I was 
able to fix some of them by moving a file from the root of the distribution 
to one of the lower directories, or perhaps the reverse.  I still got a 
number of compilation errors.  I am using Linux 1.2.2, GCC 2.5.8, and the 
4.6.27 (I think) runtime.  Any ideas on this?  The precompiled versions 
won't work for me since they don't have Shadow support turned on.

Brian Curnow

---

From: CQ CQ de Jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 08:17:31 +0800 (WST)

> won't work for me since they don't have Shadow support turned on.

	try this:

	NCTUCCCA.edu.tw:/Operating-Systems/Linux
	/collect/source/network/wuftpd-2.4.tgz

	Jason Chang

---

From: [email-masked] (Koos van den Hout _U nix and we all_)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 95 8:49:35 MET DST

> won't work for me since they don't have Shadow support turned on.

The version that's in :

ftp.cetis.hvu.nl:/pub/koos/linux/wu-ftpd-2.4.linux.tar.gz

Compiles nicely on one Linux machine here (latest Slackware release) but
doesn't link there, I link it on another machine which has the shadow
libraries.

Bytheway, check for a directive for long passwords. The linux shadow suite
supports long passwords (16 significant chars in stead of 8) which can make
users with those long passwords unable to log in to the ftpd.

                                     Grtx. KH

-- 
| Koos van den Hout,     Unixer, Internetter                    and BBS SysOp |
| Home:[email-masked]      BBS Koos z'n Doos (+31-3402-36647 28k8 vfc) |
| Work:[email-masked] * finger [email-masked] for PGPkey * (+31-3402-56619 14k4) |
| URL: http://www.hvu.nl/users/koos  I'm looking for a lic.plate with RFC 822 |
|   GCS d- p(-) c++(+++) l+ u+++ e++ m+(-) s+/- !n h f+ g+ w(++) t+ r !y(*)   |