Subject: Automatic tar/compress of a subset of files in a directory

From: "Michael A. McCollum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 1995 16:38:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have AIX systems running wu-ftpd.  I have the ftpconversions 
file setup so that requested conversions to tar, zip, gzip, 
compress, etc. work when just fine.  Everything works as advertised 
when getting a tar image of all the files in a directory.  For example, 
requesting a tar of /foo results in my receiving foo.tar containing all 
the files in /foo.  Is it possible to request a subset of files in a 
directory in an tar file?  Lets say in /foo I have 300 files and 25 of 
the files begin with the letter "a".  Does anyone know if it is possible 
to configure wu-ftpd so I can request a*.tar ( I know about mget but for 
reasons beyond MY control, I can't use that option).

   +-------------------------------------------+
   |  Michael McCollum                         |
   |  National Cancer Institute		       |
   |  National Institutes of Health            |
   |  Building 82, Room: B07   +--------------------------------------+
   |  9030 Old Georgetown Road | Internet: [email-masked] | 
   |  Bethesda, Maryland 20892 | Phone: (301) 402-0727                |
   +---------------------------| Fax:   (301) 480-8105                |
                               +--------------------------------------+

Be wary of strong drink.  It can make you shoot at tax collectors and
miss.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

=======================================================================
=                ALL THE USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY                      =
=======================================================================