Subject: wu

From: [email-masked] (Kelly Long)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 20:11:52 -0600 (MDT)

Is the patch for Solaris 2.4 that fixes the following problem been
released?  If so does anyone know the patch-id?  I searched
sunsolve.sun.com and found nothing related to this with Solaris 2.4.

Any info would be appreciated.
Kelly Long

>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 13:51:26 -0800
>Subject: wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.4
>> Well I'm having the same problem with Solaris 2.4 NOT running openwin, and
>> there is nothing I can find holding port 20. Regular users are fine, it is
>> only anonymous that has this problem. My message is:
>>
>> 425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): No such file or directory.
>>
> 
>There is one know bug in Solaris 2.4 that affects ftpd (both stock and
>wu-ftpd) operation. There is patch released for it for Solaris  2.3 but
>not yet for Solaris 2.4.
> 
>The bugid is 1164519 if anyone wants to track it.
>It happens in a rare transient conditions but the effect is very bad
>on ftpd operation.

---

From: George Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:04:33 +0100

> released? ...

101945-23 claims to fix 1164519 (but may introduce other bugs instead).  But
that's not the problem that gives the error reported above (it's "address
already in use" instead).  "No such file or directory" is more likely just
something missing in /dev.
--
Dr George D M Ross, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh
       Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ
Mail: [email-masked]   Voice: +44 131 650 5147   Fax: +44 131 667 7209