Subject: ftp from SGI TO SUN, Does not work

From: Navid Atoofi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:40:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello:

I did install the wu-ftp on a sun(os4) 
I can access all of the files when I ftp to the server from 
osf1,ultrix or any other sun machines(sunos4 sunos5). BUT, 
when I ftp to the server from a SGI(irix)
"ls" and "dir" does not work. Any idea? 

  +--------------------------+
  |Navid Atoofi           +--|--------------------------+
  |System Network Engineer|"none of these are my ideas" |
[email-masked]        |    "they made me say it"    |
| | (617) 873-5246        |        Blah, Blah           |
| +-----------------------|    Yes, No, Cool, Ugh       |\
|The jungle is deep and   +-----------------------------+ \
|dangerous. You are entering the realm of black magic     /
|and deep wizardry, of voodoo programming and subtle     /
|obfuscation. Monsters realm behind every tree, ready   /
|to pounce. Making it alone, well .                    /
+-----------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Dan Simoes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

On several machines running wu-ftpd (latest version, SunOS 4.1.3 and
4.1.4) that have long uptimes, I notice some ftp processes that 
never seem to terminate.  Connections can hang around for up to 
a couple of months even.

Are there any known bugs with zombie ftpd processes, and is there 
any way to control them other than regularly scheduled reboots?

| Dan |
-- 
Dan Simoes			          [email-masked]
ANS CO+RE Systems, Inc.		         (914) 789-5378
100 Clearbrook Road  			Elmsford, NY 10523