Subject: wu-ftpd: Hanging sockets on Sun 4.1.3_U1

From: Dan Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 15:49:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm seeing a problem with wu-ftpd-2.4 on a Sun SPARC-1+ running SunOS 
4.1.3_U1.  When a client reqests a PASV connection, and then issues a get/put, 
sometimes the client never actually connects to the server.  The problem is 
that wu-ftpd calls accept(), and ends up waiting forever for the client to 
connect.

I sent mail to [email-masked] asking if there was a FAQ, or if 
this problem had already been addressed (also surfed the Web for a while to no 
avail).  I've not hearing anything back, and so I'm asking the list in general.

I've got a possible solution already coded, wherein I use a call to select() 
before the call to accept(), with a timeout of 120 seconds.  I have not yet 
tested this code, but would be willing to share it if others would like to 
comment.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Thorson
[email-masked] [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (demo_2)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 06:38:30 +0800 (HKT)

> tested this code, but would be willing to share it if others would like to 
i have got the same problem with you, if possible, I want to try your method,
would you mind give me more detail? In fact, I am not familiar with c, so that
I want to get the source code without this problem if it exists.

-- 
=============================================
 ^^^^^       Name: James Leong
<* J *>     email: [email-masked]
 \ v / 
   =        Have a nice day!
==============================================