Subject: /bin/ls and static binaries

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 16:39:57 -0800 (PST)

Ok, 
	I've traced my netscape/mosaic no-show problem to a problem with
/bin/ls, although I'm not sure just what the problem _is_. The files haven't
changed in months, but suddenly, things don't show up.
	I figured I'd try to compile the recommended 'static binaries' but I'm
unsure of just how to do that. Is this part of the 'binutils' package from
prep.ai.mit.edu, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
	How do I go about doing a static compile? I've checked the new FAQ,
which recommends it, but doesn't give pointers, and I see nothing in the
various readmes. 

...starting to phreak out...

Pat
;^)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  Patrick Salsbury 	                IXI/Visionware           
	Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280  
	Voice: 415/325-2113	             Menlo Park, CA 94025      
	 FAX: 415/325-8710	      X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists