Subject: Re: ftp connections hanging around

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 08:57:21 +0100

rh>
rh>I took a look at netstat -a to see what was running as far as ftp connections
rh>are concerned.  I got the following connections which seem to be a problem:
rh>
rh>tcp        0    135  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..28394 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    136  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..28385 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    194  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..28381 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    194  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..28380 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    194  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..18425 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    136  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..19772 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    136  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..19771 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0    400  bajor.ftp-data         pc2705.dpsc.dla..17291 CLOSING
rh>tcp        0     13  bajor.ftp-data         130.88.151.88.40321    CLOSING
rh>
rh>
rh>A "ps auxww | grep ftp" shows no active connections.  The above have been
rh>hanging around for quite a while.  Other than rebooting, how does one get
rh>rid of these connections?
rh>
rh>Thanks for any pointers.
rh>

Looks like the `hanging in CLOSE_WAIT state' problem someone talked
about a few weeks ago. He posted a patch.

Ronald.