Subject: wu-ftpd, ftpconversions not working.

From: "TSgt Todd C. Knauer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 1995 08:31:13 -0600 (CST)

Machines: IBM RS/6000 590 & 990 running AIX 3.2.5

   I installed wu-ftpd yesterday and I really like the configurability of 
it, I have some users that I want to be able to log in but only have 
access to their ~/* subdirs, but be able to telnet in and have access 
to more through menus.  I was able to do this fairly easily. 

   The question I have is, I have not been able to get the ftpconverions 
to work. I put a copy of gnu tar, gzip, a copy of ls and compress from 
AIX in the $FTPHOME/bin, set the permissions to --x--x--x, I have a 
$FTPHOME/lib with libc.a and libcurses.a and everything else as far as 
the anonymous side is set up just like our AIX version of ftpd.  
If I try to download my WELCOME message in from the anonymous home using 
the "get WELCOME.gz" or "get WELCOME.Z" or any other combination from the 
/etc/ftpconversions it appears to have transferred the file, however I 
end up with a 0 byte file and I have to quit ftp and type "reset" because 
it messes up the terminal,  I have read every bit of documentation I can 
find that came with wu-ftpd and everything looks right.  Has anyone else 
ran into this problem?  I would really like to get this feature working...

						Thanks,
						 Todd

---------------------------------------------------
Todd Knauer        -  [email-masked]
Network Management -  Network Administrator
Scott AFB, Il.     -  System/Application Programmer
---------------------------------------------------