Subject: Still not timing out

From: [email-masked] (SARAO)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 16:14:13 -0500

Good afternoon,

        I have to re-visit this topic again because I still haven't
found the answer to it. I continue to have people ftp to my site and
continue to stay there for 2-3 days before I kill the connections. Why
isn't the daemon timeing out. I checked the ftpd.c source file and timeout
is set to 900 seconds, but I know I can still stay after that... Is there
something I'm doing wrong....???

                                                       /Sarao
           ************************************************
           *    The lone wolf travels fastest.            *
           *                         -NN09-               *
           ************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 19:08:46 +0100 (MET DST)

Subject: Re: Still not timing out
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Harry's Box

> something I'm doing wrong....???

Same here on AIX 4. On Linux 1.2.0, this doesn't happen (same inetd.conf
line etc.). 

hm