Subject: RE: Logging activity

From: "The best things in life ... are fantasy." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)

H'mmm... I don't recall if one had to stop and restart the syslog daemon...
Have you tried that? As for your question, I don't understand it. What I
gave you is exactly what I have for my own entry. It worked for me. I am
running sunos 4.1.

Maybe someone else can help better.

PCVS

---

From: Vidiot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 16:02:46 -0600 (CST)

<
<H'mmm... I don't recall if one had to stop and restart the syslog daemon...
<Have you tried that? As for your question, I don't understand it. What I
<gave you is exactly what I have for my own entry. It worked for me. I am
<running sunos 4.1.

If you change the syslog config file, you have to do a "kill -HUP syslog.pid"
in order to let syslog know of the changes.

MB
-- 
System Administrator - Extrel FTMS - Madison WI.
e-mail: [email-masked]
phone: (608) 273-8262  fax: (608) 273-8719  voice-mail: (800) 426-6488 ext 6293
Visit - http://www.ftms.com/vidiot/  (Your link to the world of Star Trek)