Subject: RE: wu-ftpd,linux,and gzip problem

From: "Jae W. Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 11:28:34 -0500 (EST)

>I get this error from my linux ftpd transferring to another machine
>over a slip line. Transferring from sunsite.unc.edu the same way is
>okay. Transferring from an ether connected system to the linux ftpd is
>fine. Finally, doing a loopback transfer is fine as well.

Woops, actually, it fails for ether connected machines, too - not
isolate to only slip.

Is it only me, or do little things like this drive others up the wall,
too?

Jae

--------------------------
[email-masked]

---

From: "Jae W. Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 15:07:20 -0500 (EST)

I found the problem in the code after a bit of fiddling.

This bothers me. It was a simple problem of write getting interrupted
and writing out less than what was requested before returning, but
ftpd was interpreting this as an error.

This problem can't possibly exist in other wu-ftpd's out there,
because I only experienced this problem w/ my version of the source.
Thus, I must have an outdated copy of the source even though it's
wu-ftpd 2.4 (from the README):

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY FTP SERVER, RELEASE 2.2 - Apr 1, 1994

Is Washington U maintaining the source still? Is there a location
where all these little changes, patches, upgrades are documented? The
only resource I've been able to find has been this bboard which is
great, but a lot still seems to be lacking.

Jae