Subject: wu-ftpd and logging

From: Gordon Kido SE12 4176 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 1995 12:23:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi:

     I installed wu-ftpd-2.4 software on a Sun running Solaris 2.3.
I looked at the /var/adm/messages file for logging and I noticed that
the time associated with the "connection from .." line is 8 hours ahead
of the actual time.  The time printed with the subsequent lines may be
correct or 8 hours ahead of the actual time.  Has anyone else had similar
problems?

         Gordon

  Gordon Kido
  NWAC, Corona, CA
  E-mail: [email-masked]
  Phone: (909)273-4176

---

From: [email-masked] (Russell Street)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 12:29:27 +1300 (NDT)

> of the actual time.

Possibly because you have the SETPROCTITLE stuff defined.
setproctitle works by modifying the argv strings and this fails
horribly on SYSV systems, zapping the environment variable strings.
One of the ones it gets is the TZ string, so you get times that are
out.

Changing the appropriate #define to #undef in the config/config.sol
should do the trick.

Cheers
Russell
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
 Russell Street ([email-masked]) +64 (9) 373-7599 extn 6487
   UNIX Systems Programmer, Computer Centre, University of Auckland
	     http://www.auckland.ac.nz/cc/People/RS.html

	   It's something to do with the shortage of money
	       and the holidays in the South of France.