Subject: wu-ftpd,linux,and gzip problem

From: "Jae W. Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 11:24:41 -0500 (EST)

I've encountered another problem between linux and wu-ftpd. When
requesting file transfers w/ an appended ".gz" extension to pipe the
file through gzip, on some files, I get this error (by the way, it
occurs w/ compress, or even cat as well):

ftp> get amerb0130_a.xls.gz
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /bin/gzip.
426 Data connection: Invalid argument.
27840 bytes received in 21.9 secs (1.2 Kbytes/sec)

I get this error from my linux ftpd transferring to another machine
over a slip line. Transferring from sunsite.unc.edu the same way is
okay. Transferring from an ether connected system to the linux ftpd is
fine. Finally, doing a loopback transfer is fine as well.

It's consistent in that it'll always fail at the same spot for a
particular file, however, varies where that spot is for each file.

Any ideas?

Jae

--------------------------
[email-masked]