Subject: Netscape and wu-ftpd

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 11:00:31 -0800 (PST)

I know there are some problems with Netscape accessing a file://... type URL and some ftp 
daemons not working properly together.  Is this true for Netscape and wu-ftpd for any of 
you?  I use the file:// type URL on the corporate net and it works, but I have tried it on 
the Internet to some sites and it does not work.  I know that various versions of the 
Netscape beta work differently, also (at least, per the release notes.)

Before I consider putting in an ftp download link in a web page, I want to make sure it 
works well for most cases.  It is too frustrating to hit the button and have it not work - 
as has happened to me a number of times on the Internet with Netscape 0.96 beta.

Thanks for the feedback...

---------------
Michael Brennen                    Intecom, Inc.
[email-masked]               5057 Keller Springs
(214) 447-8074                     Dallas,  TX  75248

---

From: Tommy Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:39:46 -0600 (CST)

> Netscape beta work differently, also (at least, per the release notes.)

Use the ftp:// protocol instead. I believe that will take care of the 
problems, if memory serves.

--
Tommy Williams
mailto:[email-masked]
  Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind /  Cannot bear very much reality.
    T.S. Eliot, _Four Quartets_