Subject: RE: Hung Transfers w/ Linux

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 1995 10:15:25 -0800 (PST)

I haven't had ftpd trouble as much as NCSA httpd trouble (althought I do get a very 
occasional hung ftpd).  After chasing the problem around for a while it looks to be kernel 
networking code at fault.  I had the problem in 1.1.75 and 1.1.88; when I went to 1.1.94 
things got much better.  You might try a kernel upgrade.

Look at netstat -a to see what state your ports are in.

Michael

>Hi, I'm having a problem w/ wu-ftpd 2.4 without any other patches and
>with some patches running on a linux box - particularly 1.1.72.
>
>When transferring files or ls'ing, etc, the transfer will never end
>even though the file has been completely downloaded or the ls has
>completely listed all files. Sending a C-c usually cures things and
>gives me a prompt back to let me get on to other things. Files are
>completely transferred even after C-c'ing, so for some reason, the ftp
>client just isn't getting the "end" signal or ftpd isn't sending
>one???
>
>This happens on and off, as well. I believe that it's been strictly
>isolated to modem slip connections, too.
>
>Anybody else getting this sort of behavior?
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Jae
>
>--------------------------
>[email-masked] 
>