Subject: RE: Static ls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:53:37 -0800 (PST)

The size for ls looks *much* too small for a statically linked program; the GNU version I am 
running on linux is 95236 bytes.  I think you still have a dynamically linked ls there.

---------------
Michael Brennen                    Intecom, Inc.
[email-masked]               5057 Keller Springs
(214) 447-8074                     Dallas,  TX  75248

>>From my ftp's /bin directory:
>
>total 155
>-r-xr-xr-x  1 root     wheel       24576 Aug  9  1994 compress
>dr-xr-sr-x  2 root     wheel         512 Jul 28  1994 ftp-exec
>-r-xr-xr-x  1 root     wheel       98304 Aug  9  1994 gzip
>-r-xr-xr-x  1 root     wheel       19973 Mar  9 17:03 ls
>-r-xr-xr-x  1 root     wheel       13352 Sep 30  1993 ls-old
>
>
>	(ls-old is the dynamically linked version)
>
>Pat
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>	  Patrick Salsbury 	                IXI/Visionware           
>	Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280  
>	Voice: 415/325-2113	             Menlo Park, CA 94025      
>	 FAX: 415/325-8710	      X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists
>