Subject: Re: FAQ

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 11:13:18 -0800 (PST)

BRAVO! 
	Thanks for putting together a FAQ, Alex! Nice job! :)

	Here's a question for the list: Just recently, I noticed that trying
to access my ftp site via either xmosaic or netscape shows a blank directory,
although standard terminal-based FTP connections work. 
	Also curious: Netscape will display my welcome message, but mosaic
doesn't. 

	Anyone seen anything like this before?

Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  Patrick Salsbury 	                IXI/Visionware           
	Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280  
	Voice: 415/325-2113	             Menlo Park, CA 94025      
	 FAX: 415/325-8710	      X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists

---

From: "Alexander L. Haiut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 23:06:08 -0200 (GMT-0200)

> although standard terminal-based FTP connections work.

	No idea.. :-)

> 	Anyone seen anything like this before?

	Yes, I guess Mosaic just suppresses all the messages printed by
	ftp server, and Netscape is smarter -- it distinguishes between
	those messages and prints welcome message, and CWD messages.

			Thanks!			--alex.

  Alexander L. Haiut
  Dept. of Computer Science		 	
  Ben-Gurion University, Israel
 _______________________________________
  www    : http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~alx
  e-mail : [email-masked]
  voice  : +972-7-461658