Subject: Anonymous and guest users

From: "Charles L. Hutson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 11:04:20 -0500 (EST)

First off, I want to thank everyone for the answers you've
been giving me over the last few days.

Why is it that when I have a the following 2 classes defined:

class   ptg     real
class   extern  guest,anonymous

I can't log in as "anonymous" or "guest0".  I've made both
accounts members of a new "ftponly" group and have defined
"guestgroup ftponly" in the ftpaccess file.  It does not
work until I make the following modification:

class   extern  guest,anonymous *

After that, I get in fine.  Are my anonymous, and guest 
accounts not set up properly?  I assume the * means "everybody
else".

clh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 95 11:22:39 PST

>accounts members of a new "ftponly" group and have defined

I agree with an earlier post - anonymous and guest should be two different groups...

>class   extern  guest,anonymous *

* means all domains - any IP address or domain will fall into this class.  Without it you 
haven't told the class what IP addresses / domains to allow in.

>accounts not set up properly?  I assume the * means "everybody

Hope that does it...

Michael Brennen