Subject: Re: Allowing Onlu ftp on an interface...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 13:51:14 PST

Hello, the list -

I understand the price hiccup here...  How about the fwtk (firewall toolkit) from TIS?
It's free.  I understand it can take a bit of care to configure, but the functionality is 
supposed to be quite good.

ftp.tis.com:/pub/firewalls/toolkit/fwtk.tar.Z

Michael Brennen

>Derald McMillan writes:
>> 
>> 
>> Tom, I would suggest FireWall-1 from SunSoft.  I am told it is 
>> being repackaged right now, available now.  It includes the ability 
>> to write cisco ACLS through a GUI-bases rules editor...which it looks 
>> like you are going to try to do by hand.
>
>Hi Derald,
>
>Thanks for the prompt reply.  I think I saw a quote for FireWall-1.
>Doesn't it cost somewhere on the order of $30,000?  That is really
>pricey.
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Tom Lojewski  -  ACUSON Corp  -  Mountain View, CA - ([email-masked])
>
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Lojewski)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 12:09:08 -0800 (PST)

> ftp.tis.com:/pub/firewalls/toolkit/fwtk.tar.Z

Thanks for the reply.  I've heard about this package but don't know if
it offers the kind of "last stand" gate I'm after.  If my external
router has been spoofed, I simply DO NOT ALLOW TELNET FROM *ANY* IP
ADDRESS to my external ethernet port.  I think there must be a way to
do this.  It would seem to require a hacked telnetd.