Subject: All these unsubscribe requests...

From: Dave Goldhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 10:24:04 -0700 (MST)

Ok, I can't take it any more... I have to say something. Has there been a vast
explosion of sheer stupidity over the weekend or something? Has everyone's
brain finally been sucked out completely by their televisions?

When you subscribed to the wu-ftpd list, you received a welcome message, which
explains how to unsubscribe:

>  You may leave the list at any time by sending a mail message with a
> body of "UNSUBSCRIBE WU-FTPD" to the list server ([email-masked]).

Please don't send unsubscribe messages to the list address.
Thanks,

	-Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Russell Street)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 18:15:45 +1300 (NDT)

I will second that!

And if [email-masked]' fails to remove you, try 
	[email-masked]
 with a polite request for the same, stating that you seem unable to
unsubscribe via the listsrev address.  Copies of the mail you tried
with might also assist them.

Russell

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Williss)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 1995 08:44:00 -0600 (CST)

In previous message, Dave Goldhammer said...

> Please don't send unsubscribe messages to the list address.

My theory is that the listserv address is broken.  If you look at the 
headers of a lot of those messages, you'll see that they are from
wu-ftpd-errors.  I've just tried unsubscribing using the listserv
address as shown above.  I put a comment to that effect in the message.
If it shows up back at the list, we'll know it's not the unsubscriber's
faults.

-- 
David C. Williss    			    #include <standard.disclaimer>
Software Engineer -- MicroImages, Inc.		[email-masked]
WWW: http://tnt.microimages.com/~dwilliss       [email-masked]
-- PGP Public Key available via finger from: [email-masked] --

---

From: "Alexander L. Haiut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 1995 18:09:13 -0200 (GMT-0200)

> My theory is that the listserv address is broken.If you look at the
> wu-ftpd-errors.I've just tried unsubscribing using the listserv
> address as shown above.I put a comment to that effect in the message.

	Heh.. Don't fully understand what actually happens here, just
	want to say, that I sent mail with body "HELP" to listserv@...
	and recieved correct answer. Thus I think the listserv is OK.

						--alex.

  Alexander L. Haiut
  Dept. of Computer Science		 	
  Ben-Gurion University, Israel
 _______________________________________
  www    : http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~alx
  e-mail : [email-masked]
  voice  : +972-7-461658