Subject: Re: faq

From: [email-masked] (Russell Street)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 19:38:16 +1300 (NDT)

> Is there an FAQ for this list archived somewhere?

It is still in its fledgling stage.  Try:

	 http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/ or ftp://ftp.cs.bgu.ac.il/.

        The page at URL http://freeway.oact.hq.nasa.gov/wuftp.html
        contains basic questions and answers about wu-ftpd.

Most of the FAQs can be answered by reading 
	1. the INSTALL document
	2. your vendors manual page for FTPD
	3. The 'how to be an anonymous FTP site' post on USENET.
		ftp://ftp.cs.bgu.ac.il/pub/faq/anonymous-ftp.FAQ
	4. The archives of the previous posts...
	        http://freeway.oact.hq.nasa.gov/wuarchive.html
	5. repeat 1-4 at least three times :-)

I have volunteered to maintain the FAQ for this list.  When I get
around to it, it will only contain questions that are unique to the WU
version.

Russell
-------------------------------------------
Russell Street [[email-masked]]
http://www.auckland.ac.nz/cc/People/RS.html
(.samtsirhC rof sdrawkcab gnipyT)