Subject: Logging activity

From: "Charles L. Hutson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 11:56:38 -0500 (EST)

Yet another question.  ftpd is not loggin everything that I
had requested to syslog.  My ftp startup looks like this:

/opt/net/wu-ftpd/bin/ftpd -d -L -l -i -o -a

I'm only getting debug information in /var/adm/messages. I'm
not getting command logging or anything else.  The man page
on ftpd says that ftpaccess can override these command line
options.  I have the following line in my ftpaccess file:

log commands real,anonymous,guest

What am I doing wrong?

Charles L. Hutson

---

From: "The best things in life ... are fantasy." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 13:54:30 -0500 (EST)

You have to edit syslog.conf to say where you want the log to be located.
For instance,
	daemon.info	   /var/log/daemon.info
will do it for you.

Good luck,

PCVS

---

From: Navid Atoofi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 16:29:29 -0500

> 	daemon.info	   /var/log/daemon.info
I tried this, but I could not get it to work,
 by the way what is daemon in sunos  is it "mail" or "ftpd" or something else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navid Atoofi               | My Vocabulary is : Yes, No, Cool, Ugh 
System Network Engineer    |     "none of these are my ideas"
[email-masked]            |         "they made me say it" 
---------------------------|----------------------------------------------
The jungle is deep and dangerous. You are entering the realm of 
black magic and deep wizardry, of voodoo programming and subtle obfuscation.
Monsters realm behind every tree, ready to pounce. Making it alone, well .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------