Subject: Problems & Questions about Configuring wu-ftpd on Sun os 4.1.3

From: [email-masked] (Bill Weissborn)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 10:33:32 -0600

I am attempting to install wu-ftpd (2.4 I think) on my Sun system (4.1.3).

First a question:  there is a file of what appears to be patches included.
Should I apply those patches and if so, how (and where should I get the
appropriate program)?

I have not applied any of the above patches and when I attempt to build
wu-ftpd, I get the following message.  Is this because I have not applied
the patches or is there something more wrong?

ftpcmd.y: In function print_groups:
ftpcmd.y:1521: `NGROUPS_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
ftpcmd.y:1521: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftpcmd.y:1521: for each function it appears in.)
ftpcmd.y:1524: `groups' undeclared (first use this function)
gcc: unrecognized option `-target'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpcmd.o'
dfws04# 

Thanks in advance

Bill W. 

*********************************************************
Bill Weissborn                                          
GeoQuest ICS-GNA Tech Support                                   
4100 Spring Valley Rd.                                      
Suite 600                                                             
Dallas TX  75244

Internet:    [email-masked]
 VAXmail: dfwdsr::weissborn
 Voice: 1-214-980-7924
FAX: 1-214-991-4180                                         
********************************************************