Subject: Re: Help with tar support

From: [email-masked] (Warren Toomey)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 09:34:45 +0000

In atricle by Sheryl Coppenger:
> 
> Greetings,
> 
> I'm hoping someone can help me with getting the automatic tar option
> to go.  There aren't many references in the doc directory and I don't
> know where to look.  I'm running wu-ftpd 2.4 on a SPARC Classic running
> Solaris 2.3.
> 
> I have this entry in ftpaccess
> 
> 	tar             yes             local remote
> 
> and have /usr/sbin/tar as the path in ftpconversions for tar, tar.Z, tar.gz.
> I copied Sun's tar binary to ~ftp/usr/sbin/tar and it has 111 permissions.

My tar is in ~ftp/bin, mode 111. Hope this helps,

	Warren

---

From: "Mr G. Interi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 07:25:03 +0100 (BST)

> My tar is in ~ftp/bin, mode 111. Hope this helps,

Could somebody please supply an example of usage of these facilities
(tar - compress - gzip , etc). Once everything is setup correctly, how
can I use them ? Are these working when I get files or when I put them on
the server? What's the advantage of using them ?
Help would be really appreciated.

-- giovanni

  _______________________________________________________________________
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
  |  Giovanni Interi                             Tel: +44 151 794 4734  |
  |  INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTATION                       |
  |  THE UNIVERSITY of LIVERPOOL                                        |
  |  Victoria Building , PO Box 147, LIVERPOOL L69                      |
  |                              ----------------------------------     |
  |                              |  [email-masked]            |     |
  |                    E-mail:   |  [email-masked]      |     |
  |                              |  [email-masked]   |     |
  |                              |  [email-masked]   |     |
  |                              ----------------------------------     |
  |                    WWW:      http:/supr.scm.liv.ac.uk/              |
  |_____________________________________________________________________|
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------