Subject: Re: out of order of running dir

From: [email-masked] (Michael Brennen)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 10:57:17 -0600

This is usually caused by permissions error, dynamic libraries missing, or
device files missing from the chroot()ed ftp home directory.  The
documentation that comes with wu-ftpd covers this fairly well, also any man
pages that came with your system.  Follow the documentation carefully and
see if that doesn't clear it up.

Hope that does it...

Michael Brennen

>How to set up the ftp home dir, e.g. its owner and its mode ? In fact, I
have problem setup the server of wuftp. When the anonymous ftp login finish,
I type "
>dir" and get the result as follow :
>200 PORT command successful.
>150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
>226 Transfer complete.
>But it is run normally for a real user login.  I have copied ls, passwd and
proper files in the ftp home dir.

---

From: [email-masked] (Henri Hennebert)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:10:14 +0000

When wuftp receive an anonymous user, it chroot to ~ftp. So when the
ls command (in ~ftp/bin) is executed, it needs it's shared libraries
under the new root ~ftp (e.g. on SCO-UNIX ~ftp/shlib/libc-s).
Good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------
| Henri Hennebert             | Phone: +32 81 56 45 11      |
| CIGER a.s.b.l.              | Fax:   +32 81 56 46 69      |
| Parc Industriel de Rhisnes  |                             |
| B-5020  TEMPLOUX-NAMUR      |                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------