Subject: xferstats

From: Jonathan Zamick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 16:40:10 PST

Should xferstats run right off the bat?

1. I notice it isn't starting as executable.

2. It seems to have a problem finding getopts, which is logical since
   it doesn't seem to be a base sun installation, nor can I find all
   the different sunopts pieces in archie that it wants.

--

Is there a specific tar file with all the different sunopts.* files?

Jonathan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Jonathan Zamick                    Consensus Development Corporation..
..<[email-masked]>                      4104-24th Street #419..
..                                        San Francisco, CA 94114-3615..
..                                        o415/647-6383  f415/647-6384..
..Mosaic/WWW Home Page:                                               ..
..  <A HREF="http://www.consensus.com:8300/">Consensus Home Page</A>  ..

---

From: "TSgt Todd C. Knauer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 20:43:23 -0600 (CST)

>    the different sunopts pieces in archie that it wants.

  "xferstats" on my system is a "perl" script, if the first line in your 
xferstats file reads "#!/usr/local/bin/perl" (or something similar) then 
yours is to, if you don't have perl you should be able to find it out 
there on archie somewhere.  Once you install that and edit the first line 
of "xferstats" to reflect the proper path to perl yours should work...

						Todd

---------------------------------------------------
              United States Air Force
    Environmental Technical Applications Center
---------------------------------------------------
Todd Knauer        -  [email-masked]
Network Management -  Network Administrator
Scott AFB, Il.     -  System/Application Programmer
---------------------------------------------------