Subject: %F doesn't work.

From: Peter Drier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 13:42:43 -0500

Hi,  I'm using wu-ftpd on a linux machine and %F doesn't work in .login
or .message messages.  I looked all over (quickly) and couldn't find the
code which did these % expansions.  

Also, where's the list of these % commands?  I have seen it in the past, but
couldn't find it the other day.  

Peter Drier

---

From: Randy Medd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 12:44:13 -0800

Look in extensions.c - around line 175.  The "F" option will do
nothing if your system doesn't have the statvfs library procedure.
According to the files in the config directory, only Sun Solaris
supports this.

The ftpshut.8 document explains that this option isn't available on
all systems (slight understatement.)

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Medd                           email: [email-masked]
Telamon, Inc.
492 Ninth Street, Suite 310          voice: 510-987-7700
Oakland, CA 94607                      fax: 510-987-7009
-------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Powell)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:19 +0000 (GMT)

In article <[email-masked]>,
>According to the files in the config directory, only Sun Solaris

Actually, most all SVR4 UNIX's will have this procedure. As Linux
generally seems to have everything it too should. Maybe he just
neglected to #define it in src/config.h ???

-- 
Mark Powell - Network Technician - Room: C806
Computer Services Unit, University College Salford, Salford, UK.
Tel:	+44 161 745 3376		Fax:	+44 161 736 3596
Email:	[email-masked]	PGP key available
<A HREF="http://plato.ucsalf.ac.uk/~mark/">Home Page</A>

---

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 19:39:09 +0100 (MET)

Subject: Re: %F doesn't work.
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Harry's Box

Peter Drier ([email-masked]) wrote:

> BTW, does anyone know how to make diffs like Linus uses in the kernel?
> where only the changed and surrounding lines are included.  

diff -u --recursive --new-file <old dir/file> <new dir/file>

as can be read in all those fancy kernel patches. BTW isn't your patch 
already in the wu-ftpd sources that can be found on sunsite.unc.edu?