Subject: Problem on compiling WU-FTPD

From: Actis Andrea <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:43:00 +0000 (W)

Hi to all... :)

I have some problem about compiling WU-FTPD daemon on a SPARCstation 5
 running Solaris 2.4.

I am using SUN ansi C and change the syntax in makefile for using "cc" 
instead "gcc"
 and for adding "-Xa" for use ansi syntax.

But after compile succesfull for the libsupport.a the build hangs in file 
ftpd.c with the
 error :

  "ftpd.c", line 1077: syntax error before or at: }

Anyone, as an idea or have a version of WU-FTPD 2.4 compiled on Solaris 2.4.

Because i don't have GCC and neither the disk space for install it :(

Thanks a million.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrea Actis Oreglia                               [email-masked]
                                             [email-masked]
CENTRO STUDI E LABORATORI TELECOMUNICAZIONI S.p.A.

ITALY - 10148 TORINO - Via G. Reiss Romoli, 274 - TEL. (0039) 11-2285111
TELEX 220539 CSELTI - FAX (0039) 11-2285520 GR. 3

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Powell)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 09:09 +0000 (GMT)

In article <[email-masked]>,
>Because i don't have GCC and neither the disk space for install it :(

I'd suggest getting gcc v2.6.3. You'll need about 60-70M (I think) to compile
it, although you can get by with less.
You should be able to find binaries for older versions around, try

www.sun.com	or	www.doc.ic.ac.uk

-- 
Mark Powell - Network Technician - Room: C806
Computer Services Unit, University College Salford, Salford, UK.
Tel:	+44 161 745 3376		Fax:	+44 161 736 3596
Email:	[email-masked]	PGP key available
<A HREF="http://plato.ucsalf.ac.uk/~mark/">Home Page</A>