Subject: Re: %F doesn't work.

From: Peter Drier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 01:17:05 -0500

> In article <[email-masked]>,
> Randy Medd  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >Look in extensions.c - around line 175.  The "F" option will do
> >nothing if your system doesn't have the statvfs library procedure.
> >According to the files in the config directory, only Sun Solaris
> >supports this.
>
> Actually, most all SVR4 UNIX's will have this procedure. As Linux
> generally seems to have everything it too should. Maybe he just
> neglected to #define it in src/config.h ???

I figured it out (after reading the mail).  It seems as if this is 
another "feature" of linux.  It does have the functions --sort of--.
Instead of having vfs* functions, it has fs* funcs..  and the struct
name is a little different.  Anyway, I have it fixed if anyone would
like diffs or something.. 

BTW, does anyone know how to make diffs like Linus uses in the kernel?
where only the changed and surrounding lines are included.  

Thanks,
Peter Drier

---

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 11:40:11 -0800 (PST)

-BTW, does anyone know how to make diffs like Linus uses in the kernel?
-where only the changed and surrounding lines are included.  
-
-Thanks,
-Peter Drier
-
	Is that done using the 'patch' utility? I'm still learning about it,
but it sounds like what you're describing...

Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  Patrick Salsbury 	                  Visionware           
	Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280  
	Voice: 415/325-2113	             Menlo Park, CA 94025      
	 FAX: 415/325-8710	      X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists

---

From: robert chea <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 15:06:52 -0800 (PST)

asdfsa