Subject: Problem with dir

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 1995 14:12:31 +0100 (MEZ)

Hello,

I installed wu-ftpd-2.4 on a HP9000/827, running HP-UX A.09.04 as operating-
system, and using the HP-UX C-Compiler to build the binaries.
I also installed a statically linked version of GNU-ls in ~/ftp/bin, with
the appropriate access permissions (i.e. 711 for ~/ftp/bin, and 111 for 
~/ftp/bin/ls).

The dir-command returns the content of the working directory or when invoked 
with a filename as an argument, the long-listing of a existing file. 
Nevertheless if the file doesn't exist ftpd returns:

            ftp> dir the_name_of_a_file_which_never_exist
            200 PORT command successful.
            150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
            226 Transfer complete.
            ftp>

and not something like "file the_name_of_a_file_which_never_exist not found"
before the line starting with `226'.
I also tried a dymanical-linked version of ls, after I have copied dld.sl and 
libc.sl in ~ftp/lib, which showed the same behavior as above.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

                    Frank Heckes