Subject: More on the 'dir' command

From: [email-masked] (Bill Danforth)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

A little while ago, I asked about the dir command.  In addition, 'ls -l' is
NOT working.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks-
Bill Danforth
[email-masked]

PS - still looking for a FAQ - is there one?

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Rosenfeld)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 17:31:30 -0500 (EST)

> A little while ago, I asked about the dir command.  In addition, 'ls -l' is

I had this problem on my Sun until I ftped to prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu and
got the file fileutils-3.12.tar.gz.  I compiled it with the -static flag in
my CFLAGS and LDFLAGS (use -Bstatic if you use cc instead of gcc).  Then I
did an install -c -m 111 ls ~ftp/bin and restarted my inetd and all was
well.  I am also doing the same for every binary in ~ftp/bin.  It works
great.

Hope this helps,
Joe

=======================================================================
 Joe Rosenfeld	        219-631-3939       [email-masked]
 Director of Law School Computing, University of Notre Dame Law School
=======================================================================