Subject: exiting on signal 11

From: "Derrick J. Brashear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 13:25:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have a stock 2.4 ftpd running on my Sun. Periodically I get warnings
in my console that it has exited with signal 11. i can find no reason
for this to be happening. Has anyone else noticed this and/or tracked it
down?

-D

---

From: [email-masked] (Russell Street)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 10:17:52 +1300 (NDT)

> for this to be happening. Has anyone else noticed this and/or tracked it

I went to compile 2.4 on Solaris 2.3 the other day and found it died
with a BUS ERROR on 'dir'.  Reason?

	#define HAVE_D_NAMLEN

should have been undefined.

Is this of any help?
Russell
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
 Russell Street ([email-masked]) +64 (9) 373-7599 extn 6487
   UNIX Systems Programmer, Computer Centre, University of Auckland
	     http://www.auckland.ac.nz/cc/People/RS.html

	   It's something to do with the shortage of money
	       and the holidays in the South of France.