Subject: RE: logging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 1995 14:15:13 -0800 (PST)

Running on Linux at least guest commands show up; I don't log commands on real, so I 
couldn't tell you about that.

My syslog is box stock, and the guest commands do get into 'messages'.

*.=info;*.=notice		/usr/adm/messages

Hope you get it running...

Michael

>I'm having some trouble logging anonymous and guest users
>activities.  The logs show me that they connected, but do not
>show other commands.  Normal users are logged correctly, I can
>see them CWD, LS, etc.. Anonymous/guest users show connect and
>disconnect, but nothing in between. The entry in my ftpaccess
>file is:
>
>log commands anonymous,real,guest
>
>I have this line in my /etc/syslog.conf:
>
>daemon.info             /var/adm/syslog.dated/daemon.log