Subject: RE: guest logins

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 09:14:13 -0800 (PST)

Sounds to me like you need to put '/etc/ftponly' in your /etc/shells file; create 
/etc/shells if it doesn't exist.  Then go back and put /etc/ftponly as the login shell 
for your users.

Hope this does it -

Michael Brennen

>After days of trying, I am unable to get the wu-ftpd guest logins to work correctly.
>I am running wu-ftpd 2.4 on a SPARCstation 2 running SunOS 4.1.3.
>I am following the examples out of Managing Internet Information Services from
>O'Reilly.  When I attempt to log in as the guest user, I get an immediate "User guest1 
access
>denied" message and never a password prompt.  If I change the guest users shell in 
/etc/passwd
>to /bin/csh instead of /bin/false it works (chroot'd too), but then the user can telnet 
in also,
>which is bad.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks,
>Darren Ensley
>[email-masked]