Subject: Anonymous FTP Server

From: "T.S.Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 08:18:37 +0100

Hi,

I have installing wu-ftpd 2.4 on the solaris2.4- server as anonymous FTP server.
It works fine, but the command "dir" does'nt work.

What is wrong ?

Thank you for your help in advanced.

Regards,
Systemadmin
Ho,T.S.

===================================================================
Ho,Tuan Sinh                      Tel.    : ++49 6151 869-302
GMD-Darmstadt, I2-ITM             Fax     : ++49 6151 869-224
Rheinstr. 75, 64295 Darmstadt     Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: Karen Kenny aka Mell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 11:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

Please remove from this list.
Karen

---

From: Randy Medd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 08:29:47 -0800

>I have installing wu-ftpd 2.4 on the solaris2.4- server as anonymous
>FTP server. It works fine, but the command "dir" doesn't work.

For 'dir' to work on an anonymous connection, you have to have made a
copy/link of the ls program (/bin/ls) in the bin/ directory of your
ftp account.  For instance, if anonymous users home in to /users/ftp,
you'll need to create a /users/ftp/bin directory and copy /bin/ls to
it. e.g.

  # mkdir /users/ftp/bin
  # cp /bin/ls /users/ftp/bin
  # chmod 111 /users/ftp/bin
  # chmod 111 /users/ftp/bin/ls

The same is true for compress/gzip/tar if you provide such
capabilities in your ftpaccess file.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Medd                           email: [email-masked]
Telamon, Inc.
492 Ninth Street, Suite 310          voice: 510-987-7700
Oakland, CA 94607                      fax: 510-987-7009
-------------------------------------------------------------