Subject: Re: More on the 'dir' command

From: "T.S.Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 11:34:47 +0100

I have found the solution to the problem.
 
There are following libraries, that are been using by the command 'ls' :

 ld.so.1*
 libc.so.1*
 libdl.so.1*
 libintl.so.1*
 libw.so.1*

Man did a cp these libraries on ~ftp/usr/lib and it works with the 'dir' 
command.

Regards,
Ho,T.S.

__________________________________________________________________
Ho, Tuan Sinh , Systemadministrator ([email-masked])
       GMD-I2, Rheinstr. 75, D-64295 Darmstadt, Germany
          Tel.: +49-6151-869 302, Fax: ++49-6151-869 224

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Rosenfeld)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 09:41:02 -0500 (EST)

> Man did a cp these libraries on ~ftp/usr/lib and it works with the 'dir' 

Yes, this will do it.  You can also grab the source code from GNU and
recompile ls with the -static flag, when using GCC, or the -Bstatic flag,
for CC.  This works without requiring the libraries to be copied.  On the
other hand the resulting ls binary is larger (you can use strip), so maybe
having the libraries in the ~ftp tree is a better idea.

=======================================================================
 Joe Rosenfeld	        219-631-3939       [email-masked]
 Director of Law School Computing, University of Notre Dame Law School
=======================================================================