Subject: Re: Different Web dirs by IP address

From: "THOOGASI.US.ORACLE.COM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 1995 17:56:18 -0800 (PST)

--Boundary-2216230-0-0

Can you either make your mods available via the Net/Web, or 
send me the diffs (are you using NCSA httpd)?  Or is it 
proprietary (sigh) to your company? 
 
Thanks, 
 
-im 

--Boundary-2216230-0-0
X-Orcl-Content-Type: message/rfc822

Received: 07 Feb 1995 18:20:45                    Sent: 07 Feb 1995 17:13:19
From:"Dan Pritchett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Different FTP dirs by IP address
Reply-to: [email-masked]
X-Orcl-Application: In-Reply-To:  <[email-masked]> from "Terry McGonigal" at
X-Orcl-Application: In-Reply-To:  Feb 7, 95 04:01:30 pm
X-Orcl-Application: Errors-To:  [email-masked]
X-Orcl-Application: Mime-Version:  1.0
X-Orcl-Application: X-Mailer:  ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
X-Orcl-Application: Content-Type:  text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
X-Orcl-Application: Content-Transfer-Encoding:  7bit

I have made changes to our Web server that allows us to
supportmulitple unique domains from the same physical Ethernet
interface. It is done by essentially binding specific configuraiton
files to the IP address the request came in on.

Our customers love this, but now I  have one that would like the same
capabilities out of ftp. Basically I want ftp.a.com to go to one
anonymous dir and ftp.b.com to go to another.

I know how to do this in concept by modifying the code, but if someone
has already done this it would save me a great deal of time.

Do these mods exist?

Thanks
Dan

--Boundary-2216230-0-0--

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Pritchett)
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 1995 18:55:11 -0800

>proprietary (sigh) to your company?
Boy, and I was hoping for an answer...

All of the information can be found at:

http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers/

This is not a flame, but I posted this to comp.infosystems.www.providers,
Yahoo, and it was in the What's New at NCSA yesterday. Should it be
someplace else?

Dan Pritchett                              [email-masked]
The Sphere Information Services            http://www.thesphere.com
(800)664-7434/(408)369-9105                Fax: (408)266-4376