Subject: ftpd & ultrix

From: Serbezoudis Dimitris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 22:12:36 -0200 (GMT-2:00)

Hi everybody,

I'm having problems trying to compile wu-ftpd on a Vaxstation-3100
(ultrix 4.4).
I would be very gratefull if anybody could give me any instructions and help.
Can I find wuftpd precompiled for a vaxstation?

thanks in advance
Dimitris from Greece

---

From: Jim Carroll <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 09:06:40 -0500

Sorry for taking so long to follow up.

David Gray <[email-masked]> gave me the pointer to ftp.novell.de, which I had
tried previously.  Not to be a quitter, I tried again in the directory he
suggested, /pub/unixware.  There is was, staring me in the face:  the usle
directory.  Drilling down into the SOURCES subdir, I found what I needed.  The
tarfile included precompiled binaries.

I decided to rebuild the code for a couple reasons.  One, I wanted to ensure
that it would work on my platform, and two, I discovered that the Makefile.sr4
had debugging on and optimization off, which I reversed.  :-)

Anyhoo, it works like a charm.