Subject: Problems With Binary Transfer

From: Naveed Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 13:04:19 +0000

Hi

This is a problem that people ahve already noticed, but here it is anyway:

I have installed a wu-ftpd-2.4 on a Sun 20/61 running Solaris 2.4

When I try and specify 'bin' to do a binary file tranfer the server closes
down with 'service unavailable' message. Yet it allows me to transfer
binary files in ascii mode with no apparent loss !

Any ideas, what am I doing wrong. PS I now hate Solaris (Grrrr)
This version works on another maching using SunOS 4.1.3, with very
similar access files.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Naveed
--
Naveed Khan               Phone: +44 141-330-5456     FAX: +44 141-330-4913
Computing Science Dept, The University, Glasgow, Scotland G12 8QQ
E-Mail: (RFC822) [email-masked]       <URL:http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~nk/>
E-Mail: (X.400) "/S=nk/OU=DCS/O=GLASGOW/PRMD=UK.AC/ADMD= /C=GB/"