Subject: RE: a little green..

From: Jason Fry 7159 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 1995 16:47:00 -0800 (PST)

> I have set up several groups in /etc/group like so:
> 
> ftp1000:*:30:user1,user2,user3,user4....
> ftp2000:*:30:user5,user8,user9,user10....
> ftp3000:*:30:user23,user24,user25,user26....
> 

>     Seeing as I really don't have a clue on what you are talking 
> about, I was wondering if somebody could point this greenhorn in the right 
> direction for gettings some basic info.  I help manage a small network of 
> 6 UNIX boxes for an open access lab that deals mostly with PCs.  I'm 
> interested in starting up an anonymous ftp server, but I really don't 
> know where to start.  If anyone could show me a simple "how to do 
> anonymous ftp FAQ" I would be extremely greatful

You can find the FAQ for this and many others at rtfm.mit.edu
/pub/usenet/news.answers.

Jason k. Fry
Washington State Legislative Service Center