Subject: Multiple group user limits

From: Peter Drier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 1995 15:56:21 -0500

Does anyone know of a way to make different group limits?  Well, how to
implememnt it in the (wu-)ftpd?

what I basically want would be something like:

/etc/group

ftpgroup1:100:user1,user2,user3,user4
ftpgroup2:101:user100,user101,user102,user103
ftpgroup3:102:user201,user202,user203,user204

and ftpaccess:

guestgroup ftpgroup1 [D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[D[Dg1 ftpgroup1
guestgroup g2 ftpgroup2
guestgroup g3 ftpgroup3

class c1 guest(g1) *
class c2 guest(g2) *
class c3 guest(g3) *

limit c1 10 Any   /etc/msgs.toomany
limit c2 10 Any   /etc/msgs.toomany
limit c3 10 Any   /etc/msgs.toomany

I have read enough docs to figure out this isn't already built in.  Would
any of you know which files (*.c) I'd have to fiddle with to implement this
(provided I could figure it out)  

Thanks

Peter Drier

p.s.  Is there any way the wu-ftpd@wu... server can be told to send a copy 
of any outgoing messages to the author of said message?  It does this for other
lists I'm on, and for a while I just thought this group wasn't getting my messages.