Subject: Trouble with guests users

From: [email-masked] (Andrea Actis)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 12:33:45 +0100

Hi...

I am just compiled the wu-ftpd2.4 daemon on Solaris 2.4, thank's for all the
 suggest :)

At the moment all work fine except a small things :)

When i connect to wu-ftpd daemon with a guest defined account, i can upload
 download file or run "ls" command fine.. but if i try to get a full listing
 of files with "dir" command the daemon return to me an empty list, note not
 an error only a empty list.

Note well, this feature work well with anonymous users, and the file in 
 ~user/dev ~user/usr/lib are the same of ~ftp/directory

Any suggestion ???

Thanks for the time spent :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrea Actis Oreglia                               [email-masked]
                                     http://drogo.cselt.stet.it/~actis
CENTRO STUDI E LABORATORI TELECOMUNICAZIONI S.p.A.

ITALY - 10148 TORINO - Via G. Reiss Romoli, 274 - TEL. (0039) 11-2285111
TELEX 220539 CSELTI - FAX (0039) 11-2285520 GR. 3

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 11:24:29 -0700 (MST)

> an error only a empty list.

I saw this behavior when I was running with a skeletal (read incomplete)
~ftp hierarchy on Solaris 2.3.  I didn't have any files in ~ftp/{bin,lib},
only group and passwd in ~ftp/etc, and the 4 special device files in ~ftp/dev.

> ~user/dev ~user/usr/lib are the same of ~ftp/directory

Do you have a link in ~ftp/usr like:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          6 Oct  9  1993 bin -> ../bin

How are the permission modes on ~ftp/bin/* files?  It's recommended that
they be 111.  In particular, does the guest user have execute access?

--
Mark Walker                     UNM/EECE, 7-3688, [email-masked]

                "I didn't do it."               -- Bart Simpson