Subject: A new little question :)

From: [email-masked] (Andrea Actis)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 22:34:10 +0100 (MET)

>Your problem with wu-ftpd, with dir not working, and ls working, is a
>frequent problem posted to this list.  The reason is that ls is
>implemented internally to wu-ftpd, while dir involves invoking the
>ls executable in ~ftp/bin.  This fails if the shared libraries needed
>by ls are missing from ~ftp/usr/lib or ~ftp/lib.  Here is what ours
>contain (just copy them from /usr/lib or /lib):

Thank's for your suggest, now all work fine with DIR under guest users :)

But i still have a little problem :) (Yes is the life itself :)))

When i put a file from a guest user, the upload start and send me the
following as response:

#ftp> put giftool.exe                                               
#200 PORT command successful.                                       
#150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for GIFTOOL.EXE.           
#426 Data Connection: Connection reset by peer.                     
#68008 bytes sent in 0.22 seconds (309.13 Kbytes/sec)               

I don't understand the reason of the 462 message ?? :(
If inspect the size of uploaded file is correct.

This behavor appear only when uploading BINARY file on ASCII all work OK.

Any idea or suggest ???

Best regards
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrea Actis Oreglia                               [email-masked]
                                     http://drogo.cselt.stet.it/~actis
CENTRO STUDI E LABORATORI TELECOMUNICAZIONI S.p.A.

ITALY - 10148 TORINO - Via G. Reiss Romoli, 274 - TEL. (0039) 11-2285111
TELEX 220539 CSELTI - FAX (0039) 11-2285520 GR. 3