Subject: ftp conversions (.Z to .zip?)

From: [email-masked] (Bob Parks)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 07:02:55 -0600 (CST)

>From what I am able to decifer, the ftp conversions will either strip or add
suffixes - NOT both.

E.g., I would like to have user  get foo.ps.zip  from an archive that has
foo.ps.Z on it.  The script is easy, but the conversion list 'seems' to act on
the request with the first entry for adding the .zip suffix (certainly I want
to maintain the ability to get somedir.zip).

>From gopher or www I can let the user request what she/he/it wants using a
script and in some places the wu-ftp conversions (and in others, not).  But
not straight from the ftp archive.

I am guessing that it would require a major rewrite to have this more robust
feature - and then of course what you would like is a ftp conversion file that
had conditionals.

Thoughts, comments, instructions all appreciated.

Bob

-- 

	*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
	#   Economics Working Paper Archive is now operational    #
	#   Send a mail message (empty body)                      #
	#   To: [email-masked]                         #
	#   Subject: get announce                                 #
	#                                                         #
	#gopher econwpa.wustl.edu   http://econwpa.wustl.edu/     #
	*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
| Bob Parks                                          Voice: (314) 935-5665 |
| Department of Economics, Campus Box 1208             Fax: (314) 935-4156 |
| Washington University                                                    |
| One Brookings Drive                                                      |
| St. Louis, Missouri 63130-4899                   [email-masked]|
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*